BioVite Reviews

By: RSP Nutrition

Health & Wellbeing > Multi-Vitamins
BioVite is a Multi-Vitamin manufactured by RSP Nutrition. It is designed to help provide the body with a wide array of micro nutrients that are vital for optimal health. It could be described as an 'insurance policy' to ensure that you're getting all of your vitamins and minerals but it is still crucial to eat a balanced diet.

Overall
Overall
  June 27, 2017

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Immunity
  • Only 3 Tablets Daily
  • Nice Value
  • Underdosed In Some Areas
  • Prop Blend For The Greens And Reds
  • Can Be Alot Better

Hi guys, here with a review on RSP Bio Vite! I was fortunate enough to get this on a bogo at bodybuilding.com, thanks to my connection. If there is one supplement I cannot do without it has to be a good multi, I cannot highlight the importance of it with regards to overall health, wellbeing and immunity.

Vitamin A (as retinyl palmitate & natural beta-carotene with mixed carotenoids) 5,000 IU 100%
Vitamin C (as calcium ascorbate, ascorbic acid, and ascorbyl palmitate) 250 mg 417%
Vitamin D (as cholecalciferol) 1,000 IU 250%
Vitamin E (as d-alpha-tocopheryl succinate) 30 IU 100%
Vitamin K1 (as phytonadione) 45 mcg 56%
Thiamin (as thiamin mononitrate) 7.5 mg 500%
Riboflavin (Riboflavin & riboflavin 5-phosphate) 8.5 mg 500%
Niacin (as niacinamide & niacin) 100 mg 500%
Vitamin B6 (as pyridoxine HCl & pyridoxal 5-phosphate) 10 mg 500%
Folate (as 6S)-5-Methyltetrahydrofolic Acid, glucosamine salt & folic acid) 400 mcg 100%
Vitamin B12 (as methylcobalamin) 250 mcg 4,167%
Biotin 300 mcg 100%
Pantothenic Acid (as D-calcium pantothenate) 50 mg 500%
Calcium (as calcium bisglycinate chelate buffered, calcium ascorbate, calcium citrate, calcium carbonate, & dicalcium phosphate) 125 mg 13%
Iron (as ferrous bisglycinate chelate) 8 mg 44%
Potassium (as potassium citrate) 750 mg 21%
Boron (as boron chelate) 1 mg *
Natural Foods Blend:
Reds Blend: 250mg *
(Blueberry Fruit Concentrate, Cranberry Fruit Extract, Acai Berry Extract, Euterpe Oleracea Pomegranate Fruit, Raspberry Leaf, Apple Fruit, Beet Juice, Red Raspberry Leaf, Cherry Fruit, Strawberry Fruit, Blackberry Powder, Blueberry Powder, Cranberry Fruit, & Tomato, Bilberry Extract).
Greens Blend: 250mg *
(Barley Grass, Rice Flour, Alfalfa, Barley Malt, Royal Jelly, Acerola, Chlorella, Milk Thistle Seed, Astragalus Root Ext., Black Walnut Hull, Corn Silk, Dandelion Leaf, Goldenseal Herb, Kale, Lemon Grass, Marshmallow Root, Meadowsweet Herb, Oat Straw, Papaya Leaf, Parsley, Pau D'Arco, Plantain Leaf, Rose Hips, Rosemary Herb, Slippery Elm, Spinach, Turmeric, Watercress, White Willow, Green Tea, Dulse).
* Daily value not established.
Other Ingredients:
Microcrystalline Cellulose, Film Coat [Hypromellose, Polyethylene Glycol, Cinnamon, Titanium Dioxide (color), Propylene Glycol, Hydroxypropyl Cellulose, Caramel (color), and Riboflavin (color)], Croscarmellose Sodium, Stearic Acid, Magnesium Stearate, and Silica.
ALLERGEN WARNING: Contains Treenuts (Black Walnut).

This is a heading I like least, everyone has their own opinion and say. For me the inclusion of a reds and green blend came in as a welcomed surprise as I like most, do not get in the daily required veggie intake - with that being said there is no way this is at a dose effective enough to cover those darn fruits and veggies. Again prop blends, get me worked up. This is not a complete and clinical dosed multi, it is more of a multi than your average store bought cheapy multi and I am totally cool with that. I compare most multis to animal pak which to me is one of the better multis that can be used as a complete stand alone. I used Bio Vite in conjunction with vit c ester, colloidal silver silver, fish fats and echinacea. I wouldnt mind using more tablets to get in even more goodness from the red and green blend, but hey other than that its a solid profile, to me there is no perfect multi (well for me I require the mentioned extras no matter what multi).

3 tablets in the AM with food - simple and easy.

8.5/10
Well yes it may have come off as if I was knocking Bio Vite, but that is not the case. Sometimes less is more, I remember taking 2 packs of animal pak back in the day and still falling victim to getting sick af. And incredibly enough during the extensive run I did not get sick once, sure there were times I was nearly ill but damn I was impressed to say the least. I had a weak ass immune system back in the day, and getting a common cold atleast 2-4 times a year was a norm, but 4 months and nothing? Yeah I was super impressed. I noticed an overall improvement in my well being and even added vitality throughout the day. I felt that even though it may look like it was underdosed it still did the job and perfectly well. One draw back I did notice very rarely was stomach discomfort which I can safely say was bio vite, but nothing too serious. Simply there is no perfect multi, different lives lead to different depletion's and needs. I do feel it needs to be stacked with the add ons i mentioned to stay safe especially through winter and excessive workloads. The importance of micro nutrients cannot be undermined, it does your body good! As bio vite has done.

Now since Bio Vite was on promotion I had to give it an 8, I think it was selling for $25 on a bogo which is great value as a bottle is a 2 month supply which is really solid. I am not one to stay on a supplement long term unless its really good and this was that, animal pak is around $28 for 44 paks but again needs to be stacked. So value wise it isn't as full to the brim as animal pak with dosage and ingredients but does the same job, lasts longer and consists of less pills which is a win.

Side Effects

the odd stomach discomfort here and there.

Conclusion

A really awesome multi for the athlete in mind, although underdosed here and there it still did the trick for me and was a really priceless addition as I managed to stay healthy and over felt better than what I did without it. The dosing is alot more friendlier than other multis that require a gazillion tablets or pills. I do feel like with any multi add ons are necessary, as in my case. I do feel that knowledge is power and a prop blend leaves one questioning how much or how little they are getting in from the green and red blend which is really underdosed imo. The addition of a pack with lets say an individual green and reds blend, along with the multi and fish fat & joint support would lead to a much more complete, effective and competitive product. But for what it is, its pretty good and if it ever comes on sale again I would buy it.

• Wis3guy
    June 27, 2017

nice review, and I agree with not getting sick. It is a wonderful thing isn't it.

• FRIDGE
    June 28, 2017

Wis3guy thanks so much, definitely a defining characteristic of a good quality multi!