AminoFocus Reviews

By: RSP Nutrition

AminoFocus is a Pre-Workout manufactured by RSP Nutrition. It is designed to help provide a pre-training advantage by increasing mental focus, muscle performance, endurance and blood flow. This creates an environment optimal for increasing muscle mass and losing body fat.

7.1
Thanks to RSP Nutrition for sending it out!
  July 3, 2017

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Healthy Replacement For CoffeeEnergy Drinks
  • Under-dosed Blends
  • Not True Preworkout Or BCAA Product

Thanks to RSP for allowing me to run both their Regen and Amino Focus products and apologies for the delay in posting this review.

Though it has "amino" in its name, I wouldn't classify Amino Focus as a BCAA supplement or as a preworkout (which is how SR has it categorized). Instead I'd call this a "preworkout-lite" product that's similar to G Fuel or Muscle Feast's 8 Hour Power. I knew looking at the profile that this wouldn't be strong enough for me to use as an actual preworkout, but could be a good fit as a mid-day booster to replace my afternoon coffee.

The stim profile is relatively low at only 125mg caffeine and 100mg Theacrine per two scoops. Also included are an amino blend and a focus blend, neither of which are particularly impressive. Essential BCAAs (leucine, valine, isoleucine), per my research, need to be dosed at 5g per dose in order to be effective. Focus has a 5g amino blend with the first ingredient being L-Taurine, a non-essential amino acid, which is typically dosed at around 1g on its own. Also listed in the blend are bunch of other amino acid derivatives, which basically means you're getting nowhere near an effective dose of essential amino acids in two scoops.

Same deal with the focus blend. You've got three choline-based nootropic compounds here, but all of them have a recommended dosage of around 500mg. The entire blend is dosed at 600mg for two scoops you do the math.

I usually dosed 2-3 scoops of Amino Focus in 32oz. ice water in the afternoon on most workdays to serve as an energy booster and to get me through those fantastic post-lunch meetings. I requested and received the Blackberry Lemonade flavor which was excellent. It's not overly sweet, nor does it have a chemical aftertaste. Really nice and refreshing and never got old. Mixability is also excellent. Dissolves quickly with little to no foaming or residue.

As is to be expected with this sort of ingredient profile and with how I dosed it, effects were minimal. I did notice a decent kick from the caffeine and Theacrine, which was appropriate and what I wanted mid-day, but the actual "Focus" effects were lacking. I felt more energized but can't really say that I was more focused on my work. Certainly not like I am when I'm in the gym and have a proper pre-workout. Outbreak's Virus is a good example here - it contains an appropriate dosing of choline bitartrate per scoop and worked really well for me with respect to focus. I did not get a similar effect from Amino Focus.

Yes, you could up the number of scoops as is instructed on the tub but going up to "high intensity" at six scoops means you're now taking 675mg of stimulants and jacking the cost per dose up significantly. I'm personally not going this route with this type of product. Makes no sense from a price standpoint.

From what I've seen so far, RSP does a great job pricing their products competitively. A tub of Amino Focus (with 60 scoops / 30 servings) will cost you ~$16 on Amazon. Basically ~.50c per serving. Tough to compare this price-wise with either preworkouts or proper BCAA products considering you're just not getting the same dosage of key ingredients. As a coffee or energy drink replacement, I think this is a good value. If you're going to try and use this to replace a proper preworkout, you're probably going to be spending $1.50 per dose which simply isn't smart from a cost perspective.

Side Effects

Conclusion

Amino Focus gets ahead of itself. It's a nice option as a mid-day energy supplement or as a healthy replacement for daily energy drinks, but the amino and focus blends are under dosed. Tweak those profiles and I think this could be a really great product. Personally I still recommend it in select circumstances, but do think they are stronger options on the market if you're looking for this type of "preworkout lite" product.
  • Blackberry Lemonade: 9/10

Overall
Thanks to RSP Nutrition for sending it out!
  May 22, 2017

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Helps With Recover
  • Increased Focus
  • Not A Tru Pre-workout
What's up SR family from around the world! I would like to say thank you to RSP and the Trooper program for allowing me to run Amino Focus. Taking into consideration how much I have to use my head for work, sometime during the day, I start to slow down and pick up the phone and start looking at crazy cat videos. I do not like to use stuff like Monster for that pick me, so I was in the market for something to get me through the day. So when I saw Amino Focus come up for the Troopers, I decided to give a shot.

Profile on Amino Focus reminds of Amino Energy by Optimum Nutrition, a proprietary blend for the Aminos and Focus Blend; however, the Caffeine content is disclosed at 125 mg and includes 100 mg of Theacrine. We are now seeing Theacrine more and more in all energy products, which is nice, since this helps the body not to develop a tolerance to caffeine that requires us to increase the milligram of caffeine to keep feeling the effects. The Focus Blend, which consist of 600 mg of Choline Bitartrate and Alpha GPC when combined is a good boost for the mind to increase cognitive thinking and memory.

Other Products used while using Amino Focus:

RSP Regen BCAA, which was used an addition to my intera workout supplement regiment
Nutrabio's Super Carb
Nubreed Nutrition MyoBlast protein blend
Life Extension Omega and Krill complex
Life Extension CoQ10

Taste - This was not bad at all, not too sweet, and no chemical after taste

Mixing - Mix well, just a little foaming if not enough water was used to mix

Dosing - I primary used Amino Focus during the day as a pick me up, which required 2 scoops for a complete serving

For me, Amino Focus gave me what I was looking for, a nice pick me up during the day. Never at any point that I feel cracked out or over stimulated; sometimes if I take too much caffeine late in the day, it makes it harder for me to fall asleep. I notice it would kick in about 15 mins after taking it and the energy would last about a good 2 to 4 hours; depending how much work I had to complete. I did not experience any sweating so my boss did not have to look at me like I was on crack or lying to them when I presented my findings.

As for the focus, it was not bad, nothing like a laser light, but I can feel the refocusing on my work, so the cat videos where set aside. In addition, I did feel some reduction of DOMS from the prior night's workout; any buildup of lactic acids were reduced by the time Amino Focus started to ware off.

You can pick this up on BodyBuilding.Com for $19.99, which is not bad, since you get 30 servings and it is competitively priced against other similar products.

Side Effects

None to Speak of

Conclusion

In my opinion, Amino Focus performed to my expectations as a quick pick me up during the day. Now, some of you may have used this as a pre-workout, which to me, it does not have the required kick to hit the weights. However, everyone reacts different to supplements, so we are sure to see other reviews on Amino Focus on how it worked for them. If you want to stay away from all those energy drinks in a can, which contains stuff that can peel paint of the fall, then Amino Focus would be a great product to us. Thank you again RSP for the opportunity.