Agmatine Sulfate Reviews

By: RSP Nutrition

Pre-Workout > Pump
Agmatine Sulfate is a Pump Product manufactured by RSP Nutrition. It is meant to increase blood flow, muscle pumps and increase vascularity. It can be stacked with a stimulant based pre-workout for an added stimulant effect. This promotes an environment for increased muscle mass and fat loss.
6.8

Overall
Overall
4.9
4.5
  June 9, 2017

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Mixes Well
  • Average Pumps
  • No Recovery Benefits

First off, I would like to thank RSP and the SR Trooper program for the opportunity to try me to RSP's Agmatine Sulfate.

Nitric Oxide products are practically a staple for me, as I use them several months on and a month off during the year. Everyone wants that huge pump to keep them motivated, however, there is also the benefit of increasing blood flow throughout the body, and potential cardiovascular benefits.

Why I selected this product:

I have tried Agmatine Sulfate before with mixed results, however normally in pre-workouts. My go to pump ingredient is L-Arginine HCL.

Pretty straightforward here, it's one ingredient, 500mg of Agmatine Sulfate. The technical ingredient, which is trademarked as Agmamax. I do not know the particulars behind this name.
RSP Product Claims:

Supports the following:

NO production for pump and nutrient transport
Muscle recovery, reduced soreness, decreased recovery time
Promotion of antioxidant activity
Oxygen Supply

The L-Arginine Vent:

I don't understand why everyone seemed to sour on L-arginine, when 10-15 years ago it was all the rage. Everyone and their mother were getting pumps off the product and now it apparently doesn't work the same for many and it seems like companies are trying to reinvent the wheel at time. Well, it still works great for me in the pump department.

Taste

Taken with water this has a very bitter taste

Mixability

No issues mixing two scoops in 6 ounces of water or flavored beverage. The product dissolved completely for me.

I took two scoops 20-30 minutes before my workout, on an empty stomach. I stayed with this dosing for the entire tub
The bitter taste got to me after a while and I started mixing it with powerade zero.

I stayed with 2 scoops for the duration of the tub. Didn't want to go to three because that just seemed excessive to me, as agamtine sulfate is suppose to be taken at much lower dosages than L-arginine, due to its claim to be more effective.

Pumps:

The pumps were nothing to brag about and average at best. After hitting the gym hard, it seemed like I took no pump product at all. Maybe I should have ventured into the 3 scoop territory. Always with solid pump products, I can take the product and on my way to the gym, I have a noticeable pump in my arms, unfortunately that was not the case with this product.

Also, to note, I had no increased libido effects with this product. With L-Arginine, after a period of 6 grams per day for a few weeks, I have elevated libido, random wood.

Recovery/Oxygen Supply:

I noticed no increased recovery with the product and I noticed no increased oxygen capacity, by way of increased endurance.

You can get this product as of this review at BB.com for $24.97 (50 grams). At two scoops, the product will last you 50 days.

Side Effects

No side effects experienced

Conclusion

I will stick with my "old fashioned" L-Arginine HCL. It works very well for me and at 6 grams per day, its much better value than this product. The old saying, if it's not broke, don't fix it, clearly applies here for me.
Yes, there's some new pump products on the market that work very well/great, unfortunately this doesn't cut the cake for me.

May 7, 2017

• Bland Pumps
  • Needed More Than The Recommended Dose
Hey what's going on. I want to start off my apologizing for this review coming in late.

Huge shoutout to RSP Nutrition. I first found you guys through a friend of mine. Then y'all hooked me up with some free samples. I still remember my reaction the first time trying your lemon-lime bcaa flavor and thinking how damn good it tasted. Thanks for hooking me up with some of your products and being part of the SR community.

Just Agmamax, also known as agmatine sulfate. Agmamax is just what RSP calls agmatine sulfate.

Taste
The only flavor is unflavored. Even though it is unflavored, it does have a bitter and chalky taste to it if mixed with only water. I noticed even with mixing with a flavored product (preworkout), it still had a chalky taste to it.

Mixability
I had no issues mixing it. Dissolves after a few shakes with little or no specks.

So from my title, I went up to three scoops of this product. The first time I tried the product, I tried one scoop and by the end of the product I was using 3 scoops. I dosed this, along with a preworkout, 20 minutes before the workout as recommended by RSP.

If you've read my previous review on an agmatine sulfate product by another company, you would know that I have had good experiences with agmatine sulfate. I wish I could say the same with this product from RSP.

1 scoop + preworkout: Not exactly dosed with one scoop. More of a bro scoop. So far from past experience, one scoop of agmatine sulfate rarely did anything for me. Same with this product. No increase in pumps with one scoop.

2 scoops + preworkout: There was a slight pump, would have liked to seen better results. Still haven't seen much of the claims RSP makes such as pumps or vascularity.

3 scoops + preworkout: FINALLY, a decent pump. A slight increase in vascularity but nothing insanely noticeable. Upper body felt slightly more full when doing upper body movements. However, these pumps were nothing to die for.

Recovery: I did notice that I recovered slightly faster from DOMS. I wasn't as sore and was able to jump right back into the gym.

I found this for $25 on Amazon and BB.com for a 100 serving container. It comes out to $0.25 per serving. It was cheaper than any other agmatine sulfate product I have tried (at one scoop). Despite it being cheap, it took more scoops for me to be effective. For three scoops, it would cost $0.75 when one scoop of another product could work just as well for less.

Side Effects

Conclusion
I was disappointed by the fact that RSP's agmatine sulfate didn't work. I usually respond great to agmatine sulfate. Unfortunately, I didn't have the best response with this product. The price is fair at one scoop per serving, but it won't be making my supplement stack. Don't take my review as word; give it a try yourself. Hopefully you'll have better results!

Thank you again RSP!

Overall
Overall
6.4
6.2
  April 11, 2017

• Needed More Than The Recommended Dose
  • Bland Pumps
What's up SR, I would like to thank RSP and the Troopers for allowing me to run RSP's Agmatine Sulfate product. I am always trying to keep my body's circulation to be at its best. I have used Agmatine sulfate products in the pass, with good to great results; therefore, when RSP allowed the Troopers an opportunity to try their Agmatine Sulfate product, I decided to give it a try.

Profile, very simple, 500 mg of AGMAMAX, which is what RSP refers to their Agmatine Sulfate. RSP claims the following from using this product:

Muscle pumps
Vascularity during Workouts
More Blood flow

Taste - This is unflavored so there is nothing to taste; other than a bitter aftertaste is taken with plain water.

Mixing - This mixed well for me, no residue

Dosing - RSP recommends taking 1 scoop 20 mins before working out. Now, I use Agmatine Sulfate products in the pass in different ways; from taking it before a workout to taking it prior to going to sleep.

There is a reason RSP provided 100 servings in this tub, along with a smurf size scooper. I initial followed what RSP recommended to take this; however, at 1 scoop, I did not feel nothing. This was odd, since my body reacts very well to Agmatine Sulfate. I decided to increase the dosing to 2 to even 3 scoops before a workout and at 3 scoops, I was able to feel some kind of pump. Still I was taken back at the fact that at 1 gram, I did not feel any significant pump. The only time I would get a great pump, was when I stacked it with a product that contained nitrates in it; other than that, pumps were bland.

I normally take Agmatine Sulfate before going to bed, research in the pass has shown that taking Agmatine Sulfate before bed, not only will it help with some recover, but also help the body release a minimal amount of GH. In addition, in the pass, when I have taken Agmatine Sulfate at night, I would have some good amount of morning wood or sleeping wood as my wife puts it. However, using RSP's Agmatine Sulfate, I did not experience that effect nor any increase in recovery from the evening's prior workout.

Value - This is priced at around $25.00, for a 100 servings, which is taken 3 times a day, it will equal out to 33 servings.

Sides - I wish it was more effective

Conclusion

At the end of the day, I was a bit confused at the fact that, this was the 1st Agmatine Sulfate product, which did not performed as other ones in the past. I understand that not everyone reacts the same to a particular product; however, I was not aware of an Agmatine Sulfate product, which did not work well for me. The bright side of this product, the value, you can't go wrong, so it you are on a budget, this is a good deal.