Ultra Clean 100 Whey has been reported as discontinued.

Check out the top-ranked products in Protein > Whey Protein

Ultra Clean 100 Whey Reviews

By: Royal Sport LTD

Protein > Whey Protein
Ultra Clean 100 Whey is a Whey Protein Powder manufactured by Royal Sport LTD. It is a dairy based protein that supports lean muscle gain by suppling additional protein to recovering muscles, which can also improve fat loss.

Ultra Clean 100 Whey has been reported as discontinued.

Check out the top-ranked products in Protein > Whey Protein

November 16, 2015

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Hit Your Macros
  • Lean Profile
  • Mixes Easy

Thank you to SR TROOP and Royal Sport/Cellucor for sending me out a tub to try and review. I'm always open to try new whey protein powders to see which ones I like best. Definitely one of the better protein powders I have tried to date, but at a very high price point unfortunately.

(9.0)
As usual, I've attached a picture of the profile.

I like to see whey protein isolate and concentrate as the top ingredients listed, as well as minimum added ingredients. Very low calorie, low carb, very easy and convenient way to implement this in any diet and stay on track with your macros.

(8.5)
I had the Chocolate Cupcake flavor and I swear it tastes exactly like Optimum Nutrition's Double Rich Chocolate. Tastes pretty good, have had better, a little bland. No issues mixing.

Effectiveness/Sides

(9.0)
Again...this is a convenient way to make sure you're getting in your protein macros for the day. Recovery was on par with other whey powders, consistently was adding strength and a little size which MAY be contributed to supplementing whey, in addition to overall diet of course. The main thing I like for in a protein supplement is to see how it affects my digestion -- as a lot of us have become familiar with GI stress, protein farts, that come with poorly/cheaply sourced products. No issues at all with this product. No emergency bathroom runs, sulfur smelling farts, etc. ++ here.

(4.0)
Meh, this is where the product takes a dive for me. The cheapest I have found it for is around $60 from most online vendors, I didn't even look at what GNC charges for this lol. But, $60 for 30 scoops, and I'm sure most of use 2 scoops at least a day. Sorry, I can't see myself ever purchasing this again until the price point drops from $2 a scoop. Especially since I can get 11lbs of Whey Concentrate from MyProtein for around $60-75 depending on deals available at that time.

Conclusion

From a profile and flavor standpoint, I'd highly recommend this product to anyone in the market for a new protein to try. However, with the current price point as it is, and with all the better value alternatives that are out there, it would be hard for me to recommend this to everyone, unless price wasn't an issue. Thank you again to SR TROOP and Royal Sports/Cellucor for the opportunity to try a very quality product, but until the value increases, it will be a hard sell for me.
  • Chocolate Cupcake: 8/10

November 4, 2015

• Mixes Easy
  • Too Much Sucralose
  • Ace-K
  • Chemical Taste
I was excited to try a new 'clean' whey protein from an up and coming company. This would not only save me money on a month's worth of whey but I was also excited to try a product that the company touted as clean. I read reviews on other forums that said the protein was very tasty and of very high quality. The product came through TROOPS within a week and has a comparably smaller but taller size than most whey proteins. The look is clean and sleek. I got the ice cream sandwich flavor after requesting vanilla. The look Royal Sport LTD uses is reminiscent of Cellucor, making their products visually appealing. Upon opening it, the protein had a very strong chemical smell to it which made me nervous about how it would taste. I decided to take a few scoops after a long, laborious day at work, here's what I thought:

Effectiveness-Royal Sport LTD Clean 100 did help me recover from workouts and help keep me going when I took it intra workout. Both of these components are expected with every whey protein. It did seem to work quicker after consuming than some others did; not sure if this relates to the products components or my individual metabolism. This was nice as I have only experienced this before with hydrolyzed whey protein. This is not on par with that but sometimes when I took it at the gym after I workout I felt okay enough to keep going for a while if I decided too. Overall there's not a lot besides how quickly I felt it when differing it from other whey powders. Like all the others, it's effective for recovery and is a moderate component to muscle building.

Taste: Many reviewers do not like reviewing a product based on taste. Although for this product I think it's especially important due to price and the company being fresh on to the scene. Taste overall does not matter a whole lot to me unless the taste is not good. This protein had way, way to strong of a chemical and sweet taste for me. Just for the record I have tried and sampled tons of different whey proteins throughout my years in the bodybuilding community. I mixed the first dose with water and it mixed well, better than most. The taste made it hard to get down. The next time I mixed it with organic whole milk, this made the taste slightly better but it was still difficult to get down. I was kind of upset and I was super stoked about trying a new powder and had high expectations for it. I would most likely attribute the strange taste to too much sucralose or ace-k (two artificial sweeteners).

Mixing: This product mixed well with water in a shaker, only took about 15-30 seconds of vigorous shaking. It took a little bit longer to mix in milk which is expected. Overall I think this product mixes very well and could be mixed easily on the go. I used one-two scoops depending on the intensity and duration of the workout. On long runs I would take on scoop intra and one scoop post workout. If I had a lot of heavy lifting at work, i would take one scoop during the day and sometimes one scoop at the end with some BCAA's.

Flavor-The flavor I received was Ice Cream Sandwich. This sounded very appealing although I wondered how a company could recreate the taste of an ice cream sandwich in a whey protein powder. As I stated above, the taste was rough at best. I mixed it with cow's milk, soy milk, hemp milk, water and many other things but could not get past the chemical taste. I even added ice cream and candy one time; once again that chemical flavor dominated the taste of this beverage.

'Clean' Claim: Compared to some of the other whey proteins I have tried this product does have significantly less ingredients and a somewhat cleaner profile. I do not consider sucralose a clean chemical. I understand many bodybuilders are concerned with every single calorie, especially in their supplements, and sucralose being 0 calories helps quell this fear. After years with supplements, I would really like to see companies use something besides sucralose to sweeten the products. I know sucralose is cost effective and liked by many, but I struggle to understand how it could be denoted as 'clean'. I am glad the company does not use any gluten, hydrogenated oils, artificial colors, fillers or dyes. I definitely want to give them credit for trying to make a cleaner product.

Profile-Ultra Clean 100 has 20grams of protein per serving which is a perfect amount, although 25grams would have been better and could have given them a marketing edge. It only has 100 calories per serving, 2 grams of carbohydrates, and 1 gram of fat. From this perspective it is cleaner than some others. It contains whey protein isolate and concentrate; some companies throw in casein to give it more time to breakdown and aid recovery although these two components seem sufficient for the product. Using whey isolate only could have given this even more of a clean profile. It uses 'natural and artificial flavors'. I understand this designation is used in a large amount of supplement blends but my research has indicated that it could be over 1,000 different chemicals. The FDA allowed regulated products to use the 'natural and artificial flavors' in place of naming the exact chemical in the product; obviously the FDA and supplements aren't working together at the moment. I would like to know what flavors this is referring to specifically, that doesn't seem to be an unreasonable request. It also has cellulose/xanthan gum, ace-k, and sucralose. I would like to see whey protein powders move away from artificial sweeteners. They are not something I feel 100% comfortable with consuming. Overall, there's not a ton of ingredients which is always a plus. A lower amount of ingredients usually translates to fewer side effects such as gas, indigestion, neither of which I experienced using this product. It comes with 30 servings, which could be increased especially for the price but is a relatively normal amount of servings.

Price- The price for this whey protein is higher than most. It costs $59.99 for 2lbs, breaking down to $30 a pound. Even given the cleaner profile, there are proteins out there with similar profiles for a lot less money. The taste was tough although the more traditional flavors such as chocolate or vanilla taste better. I say this because if the taste is awesome I will usually continue buying that particular powder. Considering this company seems to be just starting up, I can understand higher prices to re-comp manufacturing costs but even with a solid profile, good taste (if it exists), and versatility; it's near impossible to justify such a price. The reality is you could buy a cheaper whey protein from a reputable company, and a bunch of clean food for the price of 2lbs. of this protein. Even if the taste was better, it should be priced around $30, maybe a little more. I have used products with better profiles, even ones that include digestive enzymes for half the price of this.

Overall-I hate to deny a product due to the taste but it was just too much for me. The chemical and intensely sweet taste was too much for this product to be enjoyed, no matter what I mixed it with. I wanted to like this product as the company is trying to create a clean product but at the end of the day I could not endorse it. The price is too steep as well, being $30 for pound. It does seem to digest quickly and aids in intra/post workout recovery. The product for sure works, but taste and price deter me from recommending it.

November 3, 2015

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Amazing Taste
  • Costs More Than ObamaCare
  • Needs More Servings
  • Medium Protein % Per Scoop

Big Thank You to SR and Royal Sport LTD for letting me run this product. All of us tend to love protein powders, because they allow us to have a tasty snack whether we bulking or cutting. This protein is made of pretty clean sources and brings with it " no gluten, no yeast, no wheat, no preservatives, no added sugar, no hydrogenated oil, no trans fats, no artificial colors or dyes, no fillers." , I was really excited to try it.

The profile is pretty straight forward for this supplement. 20 grams of protein from Whey Isolate and Whey Concentrate (Isolate has to be the dominant protein since it is mentioned first? Right?)
Only 100 Calories, for those of you who are watching your waist. 1g of fat and 2g of Carbs (no mention of fiber on my bottle picture attached below)

First off , dosing is fairly simple 1 scoop with 6 oz of water whenever you desire (I used it post workout). I had no problem with mixing this product with water or milk in my shaker cup. It would dissolve completely just in a couple of shakes!
Taste! Wow, the Ice Cream Sandwich flavour was phenomenal! Out of the best vanilla/ice cream flavours I've experienced in the protein world. Definitely A+++.

Ok so this is hard to gauge with proteins. The effects are not as profound as you'll notice with a pre workout. I did not feel any increase in soreness or fatigue since switching to Ultra Clean 100 from my other protein product, therefore I must say it worked.

So far I've been singing praise to the product, and Ultra Clean 100 really deserves it. But it also deserves this, whoever the executives are of Royal Sport Ltd, what are you thinking?!?! $2 for a scoop?? A scoop of 20 grams? For $1.25 a scoop, a scoop of 30 grams of protein, I can get the large tub of ON's Pro Complex! With a way stronger profile and pretty great taste! Many even consider Pro Complex to be overly expensive and Royal Sport is asking for 75 cents more for a product with a weaker profile?! The value on this product is absurd. It needs to sell for $30 a tub for me to ever consider buying it again, even with a fantastic taste like that.

Side Effects

The only thing I can foresee as a side effect of buying this in the future, is having to borrow from my 401k in order to buy this protein. No side effects, which is normal for a good protein!

Conclusion

Honestly it's a good product. But at that cost? And have they seen the competition? Ultra Clean 100 will get slaughtered if paired against products such as Pro Complex, Phormula 1 and many other Isolate and blended proteins, based on price and profile alone.
  • Ice Cream Sandwich: 10/10

November 1, 2015

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Amazing Taste
  • Hit Your Macros
  • Versatile
  • CLEAN Powder
  • Lean Profile

On a cut a clean protein is always a great thing to have. So when I saw an Ultra Clean one I just had to grab it. Royal Sports a branch off of the company that owns cellucor was very generous in putting a few products up for the TROOPERs to review.

A very clean profile here with 20g of protein made of just 2 types of whey(isolate and concentrate), 2g of carbs 1 of which is fiber, and 1g of fat. Theres not too many diets that this powder cant safely fit into, and it fit in great on the ending of my summer cut.

The brand that makes this has always produced great tasting supplements, and this was no different. I had requested the chocolate cupcake but was shipped ice cream sandwich. Wasn't sure how I felt about it but after that 1st scoop I was happy about the mistake. It was delicious, one of my favorites to this point. It wasn't overpowering and it wasn't watery, to me it was a very pleasant mixture of vanilla and chocolate cookie. I mixed this with water most of the time but on a couple of occasions I went with 1% milk and let it sit in the fridge and it was great, very smooth. Never had any issues mixing it in a blender bottle and the dosing is simple take a scoop with beverage of choice.

I was on a cut while on this and using it mainly as a meal replacement although I did use it as a post workout shake a few times. After a month I don't think a protein is going to have a huge effect on body composition, but I never had any kind of negative issues on this. I could tell it was a "clean" protein, I never had even the slightest hint of gas or bloat. No stomach issues throughout the entire tub, my stomach handled this great and it was a shake I looked forward to drinking. On a cut in my opinion that is extremely important to have something sweet you look forward to drinking daily that doesn't add a bunch of calories on to your daily intake.

$60 for 30 servings is the only downfall of this product for me. When you can find several clean and reputable brand proteins for $28-$35 this just isn't doable for me. I did love the taste, but not enough to drop another 20 on it.

Side Effects

Conclusion

I loved the taste, but I just cant get past the price. At just 20g of protein a scoop if you wanted to get 40-50g of protein from a shake you would go broke using this. If they could get the price down or you could find this on a bogo sale I would highly suggest using it.

Overall
Overall
6.2
8.9
4.5
  October 31, 2015

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Hit Your Macros
  • CLEAN Powder
  • Costs More Than ObamaCare
  • Needs More Servings
  • Medium Protein % Per Scoop
No Gluten, No Yeast, No Wheat, No Preservatives... Believe me the list does go on! It is hard to believe that in this day and age there are actual Protein Powders that do contain what Ultra Clean 100 does not, but is this really something to worry about? This is the same company that owns Cellucor (Nutrabolt), yet they seem very conservative about what they want to put in their products! Back during the Trans Fat scare we started seeing products that normally do not contain trans fat become marked "No Trans Fat!" Which many learned was purely a marketing hype mechanism to attract the buyer, which to some extent I feel is being approached by with Royal Sport. Don't get me wrong, some companies are shady and do put fillers like yeast or flour in their products and thus contain Gluten (which I am not going to say how I truly feel about that it) but is it such an issue that Royal will put a price on it? Does purity come with a cost? Yeah it does, but not what we see with Royal!

Ingredients
This is a two blend product, which is Whey Isolate + Concentrate. In the 26.5g scoop we only get 20g of protein, which is 75% protein per scoop and for me this is mid range where once you get above 80% is when you are really getting what you pay for. If you add up the 20g protein per serving by the servings you are only getting 600g of protein for the entire container! That comes out to 10g Protein per dollar spent.. In this profile there are 2g of imaginary carbs, 1g of fat, and only 100 calories.. Hence the Ultra Clean 100 name! Well just like any Cellucor Protein we have the same thickening ingredients, which do a great job and the texture is matched to what you get with their Protein Powders. So you have a very clean protein powder, which does the job. Btw, I find it pretty "funny" and "cute" how they advertise "20,000 mg of Amino Acids per 20g of Protein"..

The flavor I received was Ice Cream Sandwich, which is tasty but nothing to write home about. It comes off as a very vanilla flavored taste, but finished off what taste like the sandwich portion. Mixability is just like all Cellucor protein powders, it works great with no clumps when used with any type of shaker including the mesh screen shaker cups. When it came to dosing I pretty much had it when ever I felt like fitting in a shake, or when my macros needed to include more protein for the day etc. But I did consume 1-2 scoops when I did, which was great and mixed well with the instructions of 5-6oz of water but I liked it better at 10oz of water per scoop.

Effectiveness (8.9/10)
Does this protein powder work? Yes, of course it does and it is indeed effective. How can you say a protein powder is effective? Does it fit your macros yo? All kidding aside, Ultra Clean 100 whey fit into my diet and exercise routine without any issues. I was able to meet my macronutrient needs with the supplementation of it, and in addition to that I was able to use it in some delicious protein pancake recipes! Saying that a protein powder is ineffective is like saying you did not receive any nutritional value from a food, as it does what it is designed and meant to do. I was able to see some enhanced recovery while using it, but then again it probably was the 20,000mg of amino acids per scoop..

Value (4.5/10)
As the title and the on going concern in this review indicates, this protein powder is costly! $60 for 30 servings, which as many can do in their head comes to $2.00 a serving! This isn't even "Grass Fed Beef" Whey, this is not 90+ % protein per scoop, this is not PURE Isolate, this is not your grandpa's protein powder! I totally feel that price is unjustified, and appears to be the smuged nosed people's choice protein powder.. Lets face it, you are paying $60 for a 1.75lb tub of protein..

Overall (6.2/10)
This protein powder is priced higher than Obamacare, which is also unjustified.. It is a quality product that tasted great, gave me no issues except for a price that I myself would be unwilling to ever pay for a non pure isolate protein powder let alone it containing only 30 servings. I would not recommend this product to anyone really, but if you want to spend your money on something that is quality and looks cool.. Then this is your product, and you should start training crossfit..

Thank you Royal for this product for review.

October 30, 2015

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Hit Your Macros
  • Versatile

Back at again SR with a review for Royal Sports Ultra Clean Whey 100. I snagged this through the SR TROOPer program so thanks SR and Royal for the opportunity to try a new protein. I took this during a strength bulk for the first two weeks and during my cut for the last two weeks. If you lift or in the gym, you need your protein. Of course whole foods are the best way to go but protein powder is a staple for most of us to make sure we are feeding our muscles the protein to recover and get the gains. When I looked at the profile, I was excited to give it a run as looked it pretty solid. Let's break down Ultra Clean whey 100.

This, as it's name implies, is a very clean profile for a protein powder. I attached a picture of the profile, and each scoop is 20 grams of isolate and concentrate protein. The scoop size itself is 28 grams, so a decent but not top notch ratio there. It has some sweeteners, cocoa (for my flavor at least), and some binders in the profile as well. This product advertises no soy, gluten, etc. and that's a plus. At only 100 calories, you can fit in pretty much anywhere in your diet, bulk or cut, and really not feel bad at all. I think this is a plus as it makes it pretty versatile. The same can be said about the carbs, at 2 grams with one being fiber you aren't going to be sweating your macros at all. Only one gram of fat as well, so this is indeed a very clean protein you can use anywhere during your cycle and diet to get you 20 grams of protein in your system quickly. The profile matches up with very well to the upper mid tier proteins like Gold Standard, Dymatize, etc. and very close to the upper echelon of Muscle Feast, Nutra Bio, etc.

9.5

I had the ice cream sandwich flavor, and it was above average. I would definitely try another flavor next time but it was very good. My fiancee tasted it as well and she liked it quite a bit more than I did, so I believe the flavor profiling system here is solid. Mixed very well, no clumping, and well, clean. Dosing is easy, whenever you need protein. I did mainly take this post workout since it is a whey product to get protein to the muscles quickly after a workout.

As many here have stated, judging a protein is tough to do as when you take a protein shake and get 20-40 grams of protein, that's great, but when you're macros have to be at 200-300 grams of protein a day, can you really tell it's making a difference? Protein powders for me are a way to get my macros of protein quickly, easily, and with fewer calories. It has to be easy to drink and taste good so that I will keep coming back. It shouldn't cause any stomach discomfort or gas. I believe Ultra Clean Whey 100 did an excellent job at all of these for me so I am rating it as a very effective protein. There are even more clean options out there, and truth be told I am a fan of blends more than straight whey products (PES select for example, whey/casein), but this protein powder is a great option if you buy it. It'll help you meet your daily intake and protein goals with no hassle.

5.5

Here's the bad news. Ultra Clean Whey 100 costs $60 for 30 servings. Ouch. I'm a teacher, I lift often, I need protein, and I can't spend $2.00 a serving for 20 grams of protein. The best whey products out there (Muscle Feast, MTS, Nutra Bio, etc) are way less than $2.00 a serving and give you more protein (23-25 grams). As I said before, I like whey/casein blends a little better, and PES Select is close to a $1.00 a serving. I just don't think this product justifies the price at the moment even though it is very high quality.

Side Effects

None at all. Easy to digest, no side effects.

Conclusion

This is a very tasty high quality protein powder. It's versatility and clean profile are great. It's just way too overpriced for me to even consider as an option. If you can get this is a BOGO or just have extra money to burn give it a shot, it's very good and won't disappoint. For the value alone though I don't think I could buy it again.

October 22, 2015

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Amazing Taste
  • Hit Your Macros
(just kidding, I don't like dirty girls...)

Again, cheerio to the Nutrabolt reps for supreme service and representation of their brand as a part of the SR community and their participation in the TROOPs program.

This product very much prides itself on being a no frills, no filler, no no no no no protein. There's even a big NO on the lid explaining they didn't use sweeteners, sugars, dyes, fillers...etc.

A ratio of 100 calories, 1 gram of fat and 20 G of protein per scoop is friggin phenomenal. I didn't get a chance to make it to a testing lab to analyze these claims as the protein industry is largely a big witch hunt, but those ratios are awesome. It's literally one of the most impressive labels I've seen in the business to help you hit your macros cleanly.

I received the "Ice Cream Sandwich" flavor and holy waffles, it was incredible. It was essentially the perfect blend of a light chocolately/dark Vanillay flavor. It's like the Mariah Carey of proteins. Mixed in straight milk and it replicated an ice cream sandwich to perfection. Mixing in a fruit smoothie, it gives you just the right amount of "soft Vanilla like" flavor while having a bit of chocolate that doesn't make the fruit taste yucky.

The purity of this product is apparent in the mixability. It's a very fine texture that requires little effort to mix completely. No clumps, no effort to break down this product.

I dosed this product one scoop at a time. Using it every morning in milk and often mixing it in my post-workout smoothies.

I often have problems with protein products in terms of them giving me a bit of a stomach ache and making me go boom boom. Cellucor's "Cor Whey" was absolutely brutal with this feeling. Royal Sport's "Ultra Clean 100" relieves any of that feeling. Not once did I feel the least bit of discomfort and it never made me run to the bathroom no matter what I threw at it in terms of mixing this product with(I often mixed a casein protein as well in my post-workout smoothies... no dairy overload). This is a HUGE benefit for me and definitely speaks to the purity of the product. No extra crap to make you crap. Gotta dig it. Even though I did not get stomach discomfort, I did feel "full" while using this product. In that, I could mix a scoop with milk and be good in the morning.

In terms of recovery, when taking this product "heavily" meaning in the morning and in my smoothies, I felt a good deal of reduced soreness and "fullness" in my body. The impressive profile makes this a very flexible additive to help with muscle building in that the quality is absolutely apparent.

Where the product sort of suffers. In being a "no fillers" product, you are getting a high protein count. When looking at it from a lbs:$ ratio, the price is quite high at $60 for 30 servings. $2 a scoop is certainly high, but the profile is extremely high quality. I can't afford it, but if you can you gotta take the bad with the good.

Side Effects

Quite the opposite, no negatives for me!

Conclusion

It's pricey, but it works. If you are a fan of high quality protein, this is a fantastic option.Royal Sport produced a marvelously tastey and effective product that will let you hit your nutritional goals with NO crap.

October 21, 2015

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Amazing Taste
  • Hit Your Macros

I would like to thank Royal Sport LTD for participating in the SR Troop program. Not too long ago they had a bunch of products listed for Troopers to log and review. I was lucky enough to grab a 30 serving tub of Ultra Clean 100 Whey. They sent me over a tub of the Ice Cream Sandwich flavor which was phenomenal.

What I liked most about this product was there disclaimer:
No Fillers
No Artificial Colors or Dyes
No Added Sugar

There was a bunch more listed but these stood out most to me.

The ingredient profile is pretty simple, 20 grams of protein per serving. What made the difference was the kind of proteins they used - from start to finish: Whey Protein Isolate and Whey Protein Concentrate.

The following information is from a study by Jim Stoppani: http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/whey-to-grow-expert-guide-premier-muscle-building-protein.html

Whey protein concentrate is made with gentle filtration processes known as micro- and ultrafiltration. These processes create a supplement that is around 70-80 percent protein, with the remainder being carbs and fat.

Whey protein isolate (WPI) is more protein-packed than concentrate. Isolate is made with longer filtration times or additional types of processing, such as cross-flow microfiltration or ion-exchange chromatography.

Taste - This is one of the top 5 best tasting protein powders I've ever drank. The flavor I received was Ice Cream Sandwich, in which it really tasted like a liquid Ice Cream Sandwich. For best results I used milk to get a thicker consistency, while using water seemed to water down the taste. The powder consistency was very light with a grey color with black specs in the powder (guessing it's the sandwich part?)

Mixability - Never once had a problem mixing with either milk or water. At most I would use 1 1/2 scoops and that really didn't change much in terms of mixing.

Dosing - I followed the dosing protocol of mixing 1 scoop of Whey Ultra Clean 100 with 5-6 oz. of cold water or milk. During heavy training days such as leg training then I would use 1 1/2 scoops to fit my macros for the day.

In terms of effectiveness I felt like this worked in the areas of muscle building and recovery. As with any supplement your using it all comes down to training and diet to see results. Products like this helped in the process, I didn't really notice too many doms after heavy lifting days. On top of that I noticed some muscle increase but recovery was noticed the most.

Royal Sport LTD. sells 30 serving tubs in 4 different flavors for $59.99. Your basically paying $2 whole dollars per serving for 20g of protein.

Side Effects

(None)

Conclusion

This protein powder was made for royalty at the $2 per serving price point. Other than that I thought it was really effective and tasted great with milk. Once again I want to thank Royal Sport LTD. for participating in the SR Troop program and hope to try out more of their products.

October 19, 2015

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Amazing Taste
  • Hit Your Macros
Thank you SR and Royal Sports LTD - Cellulor for the opportunity to try out their new line of products. Always excited for new products as I am always curious how they will respond to my body and vice versa. Gaging the performance of protein is hard because you are not sure exactly how it affects you directly, however, I know how i felt when I took this product pre and post workout, as opposed to days where I just ate a meal instead.

Ingredients: 9/10 - First I would like to say that for some reason I am having a hard time adding the ingredients photo to this review, therefore I will just briefly describe them here. The ingredients are very straight forward:

Total Fat: 1g
Sodium: 150mg
Carb: 2g
Sugar: 0
Protein: 20 - per serving.

30 servings total in the container.

Other Ingredients: Whey Protein Isolate, Whey Protein Concentrate, Natural & Artificial Flavor, Cellulose Gum, Xanthan Gum, Salt, Acesulfame Potassium (Ace-K), Sucralose.

Although I am not a fan of Artificial flavors, Xanthan Gum or Cellulose gum and Sucralose, I can understand why they are in the product. Its basically to keep the density and the composition of the product together. I cannot penalize them for that.
===================================

Dosing: 10/10 - The dosage is pretty easy. I would do 1.5 scoops post workout for a 30g Whey Intake. Sometimes I tried it at 1 scoop or pwo, but I found that 1.5 was my sweet spot .

===================================

Taste: 10/10 - I received the cinnamon bun flavor. At first I was like "WTF", this is going to be the nasties thing I ever taste. The first time I tried it, I could taste the cinnamon which I hate, and I was like, wow this is going to suck all the way through. However, slowly but surely the taste grew on me, and by the end of the tub I was sad to have this product end on me :(

===================================

Effectiveness: 8.5/10 - This product gets a solid effectiveness thumbs up from me. Again, I was using this mostly for POST workout recovery. I wanted something quick in my system post workout, to get the DOMS down and have it start rebuilding the muscles I broke down. Also it was nice that it fit comfortably in my macros.

Post Workout Recovery: 8/10 - When taking this product everyday post workout and on my off days before bed, I noticed that I was recovering quite nicely. My muscles were always fuller after taking this product post workout. The Doms next day was not as noticeable then when I was just eating meals after my workout.

Build Muscle: 8/10 - While taking this product I did notice a slight increase in my weight. I was training with high reps moderate weight and I noticed that once I got the pump throughout the workout, taking this product and a banana immediately post workout, it would keep my pump up for the next few hours, which later translated into muscle increases.

Macros: 9/10 - If you're taking this for macro purposes like I was, it first great. No sugar, low carbs and 20g of whey, I cant complain.

===================================

Value: 6/10 - The value of this product is quite low. Because its around $55-$60 for 30 servings if you do one scoop but if you double up or 1.5 scoop it like me, then you barely get 2 weeks worth.

===================================

Overall: 8.5 /10 - If not for the value, this is a solid product, and I applaud Royal Sports for making a fantastically tasting and a fantastically performing product.