Siege has been reported as discontinued.

Check out the top-ranked products in Pre-Workout > Stimulant

Siege Reviews

By: Royal Sport LTD

Siege is a Pre-Workout manufactured by Royal Sport LTD. It is designed to help provide a pre-training advantage by increasing mental focus, muscle performance, endurance and blood flow. This creates an environment optimal for increasing muscle mass and losing body fat.

Siege has been reported as discontinued.

Check out the top-ranked products in Pre-Workout > Stimulant

Only 3 Reviews - Waiting for more trustworthy reviews

December 30, 2013

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Good Pumps
  • Decent Profile
  • Mxes Well
  • Prop Blends
A big shout out to Royal Sport LTD for sending me a tub of Siege. At first I didn't really want a new preworkout, but as soon as I saw the profile, it looked like something I would like, so of course I got my hands on this. I'll keep this fairly simple.

Profile:

Alright, I dig the profile. 2 complexes, one for pumps, and one for energy. I don't need BA or creatine in my pwos because I supplement with those as it is, and I recommend you do too. It's much more economical that way.

I like the Arginine Nitrate, in fact, it's my favorite ingredient for getting better pumps. Some may say it's underdosed in here, but I personally get good results from Arginine Nitrate at low doses, so it's no big deal to me.

All I could complain about here would be the blends.

Taste/Mix.:(4/10)

This was absolutely nasty. I had the blood orange flavor, and it tasted more like orange juice that had been sitting out in the sun for a few hours. The worst part about Siege were the nasty dyes. It was by far the worst product I've ever had when it comes to having that poison in there. It would stain my shaker cup, and it would also make my teeth feel tingly after I drank it. Absolutely horrible.

To give it some credit... It mixes well.

Effectiveness:(7/10)

This worked almost exactly as I thought it would. Solid energy, and solid pumps. It shines in this department. The only problem is, the dyes can make you feel gross after you drink them, so it can actually hinder performance.

I don't really have much to say here, it pretty much works exactly how caffeine+synephrine+ arginine nitrate should. I have to knock it down a point, because the dyes just ruin it.

Value:(4/10)

This will run you around $60 for a tub... Seriously!? It's a very simple profile, and I'm sure I could get a much more effective pwo for much less. Even at 60 servings(30 if you use 2 scoops), it's not worth it at all.

Overall:(5.5/10)

This is rather weird, despite the product working rather well, I cannot recommend it for 2 reasons. The reasons being the outrageous price and the NASTY dyes. Avoid this product.

December 21, 2013

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Good Pumps
  • Mxes Well
  • Way Too Much Dye
Before I kicked this review off I would like to extend a than you out to the boys and girls over at Royal Sports LTD. They were generous enough to send me out a jar of Siege to test. I was pretty stocked to try this product simply because high stim products work well for me in small servings.

Taste/Dosing:B
This stuff is probably one of my least favorite tasting supplements. The Taste is similar to the taste of chewing a orange peel. The Worst part for me is the Dyes this stuff is loaded with dyes, to the point that my favorite universal shaker cup is permanently stained.(Huge party foul)I would usually mix 1 scoop 15-30 before I hit the gym. If 1 scoop doesn't hit your mark Royal Sports recommend adding an additional scoop.

Effectiveness:7/10
The highlight of this product has to be the effectiveness. While using Siege my energy levels during training were amazing. I would walk in the gym like a mad man. I have never responded to just straight n.o/pump products but for some reason this stuff gave me some of the sickest pumps I ever had. This was weird to me because the pump profile really is not anything special. The one draw back to the effectiveness is it gave me super bad headaches which made it hard for me to focus during training.

Value:4/10
At $60 a jar this is a tuff sale. Even if unicorn blood was added to this I don't think I would pay $60 for this product. The reason being is because pre workout supplements are not a necessity for me they are more of a luxury. This stuff is worth around $25-$30 at best.

Overall:6/10
Aside from ruining my favorite shaker cup and the headaches I enjoyed Siege. This is a pre workout that delivers a punch and provides amazing pumps. As with most new companies the price tag on this is high, but once Royal Sports LTD becomes widely available I see it dropping. Based on the effectiveness alone I recommend this product just be aware of the dyes.

3.0
  December 17, 2013

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Good Pumps
  • Decent Profile
  • Prop Blends
Well as always a big thanks to the ER program and also to Royal Sport Ltd for sending a tub of their new PWO Siege my way. I love stimulants and am always willing and ready to test a PWO.

--Overview--

As most of us know by now Royal Sport Ltd is a branch off company of Cellucor and as far as I know is exclusively sold at GNC. Siege is their PWO that makes claims of "Formidable Energy and Unlimited Pumps". Pretty strong words but does it live up to the claims. Well lets just see about that.

--Profile 6/10--

As part of the recently popularized category of concentrated pre workout supplements Siege is comprised of only a few ingredients. Especially compared with some of the kitchen sink profiles of other products. Unfortunately as with most companies Royal Sport Ltd has opted to hide ingredient amounts behind a couple of prop blends. I understand wanting to protect a formula but non-disclosure just rubs me the wrong way when it is ultimately a product to be taken for health benefits. Here is the breakdown of the two blends.

-Pump Matrix- 1.5g

Arginine Nitrate, Arginine HCL, Citrulline Malate, and L-Norvaline

-Energy Matrix- 746mg

Taurine, Caffeine Anhydrous, Vitamin C, Bitter Orange Extract (Citrus aurantium)(Fruit Peel)(30% Synephrine, Rauwolfia Root Extract

Nothing really ground breaking here but a pretty short and sweet list. Keep in mind that there are 60 scoops per tub but if you are like me and any other stim junkie you will be downing two scoops which cuts your servings in half and doubles the amount of the above listed ingredients.

I do enjoy the addition of nitrates in the form of Arginine Nitrate but I worry that even at two scoops with such a small dose per scoop that you are getting short changed on some of the ingredients as there is just not enough weight per scoop to ensure that all ingredients will be present in their effective proven dose range.

I do like the simplicity of the profile but hate that I don't know how much of anything I am actually taking.

--Taste/Mixability 6/10--

As you have probably ascertained from the title this stuff is one of the most dye laden supplements I have ever seen. I had the blackberry flavor and I guess they wanted to simulate not only the taste but the staining effect that they have as well. I have never had a supplement of any kind leave a stain on my teeth but this did it every time.

As far as the actual taste goes it isn't all that bad. Not a very accurate representation of blackberry but enjoyable. No issues with settling either. But with that much dye I gotta knock off a point. It is just unnecessary in my opinion.

--Effectiveness 6.5/10--

Did I have better workouts than taking nothing? Yes I did. Did it change my life? No it did not. Just kind of a average experience all around really. It definitely gave me a clean sustained energy and decent pumps but I have had better experiences with other PWO's.

One thing I will say is that it seemed to be very consistent and effects did not seem to diminish much as I went through the tub.

Just to be clear this is at the two scoop range. At one scoop I would have to go with a 5/10.

--Value 3/10--

This is where Siege really falls flat on its face. As I said to my knowledge GNC is the sole supplier and they are asking around $60 per tub. With a profile this simple this is just highway robbery. Anyone who knows much about supplements will pass this one by after a quick glance at the label in comparison to the price tag. This may quite possibly be the most overpriced supplement to hit the market.

So if you win the Mega Millions lottery and have cash to just recklessly throw away then this may be the one for you.

--Final Thoughts--

I am a fan of Cellucor but if the rest of their new line at Royal Sport Ltd has a similar price point I won't be a customer. This stuff just doesn't even come close to delivering what you would expect for sixty dollars. Based on the price for what you get alone I could never recommend this product.