Charge has been reported as discontinued.

Check out the top-ranked products in Amino Acids > BCAA/EAA

Charge Reviews

By: Royal Sport LTD

Overall
Overall
Thanks to Royal Sport LTD for sending it out!
  November 17, 2015

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Electrolytes
  • Unique Profile
  • Cheaper Alternatives Out There.
Introduction:

Thank you to the SR Troops program, and the folks at Cellucor via Woodbolt distribution, the maker of the Royal Sport line, for the opportunity to try Royal Sport Charge. This was my first attempt at a Royal Sport line product.

I am a regular proponent of BCAA products all the time. They are a staple in my supplement shed and I normally take them intra workout. Although I may not feel BCAA products working, I hope that all have some type of underlying benefit to my body. Normally, I am fine with a standard dose of a 2:1:1 ratio, which is a low value in $$ and am intrigued by the BCAA/SAA blends.

Ingredient Profile:

This product has a blend of BCAA's, SAA's, Electrolytes and glutamine. More than your average BCAA product.

The label breaks out the BCAA, SAA and glutamine into grams and is not lumped together. There's dyes in this product.

Taste:

I consumed the raspberry lemonade blend, which in general, I am a fan of. The directions state 1 to 2 scoops in at least 8 ounces of water. The taste was an 8.5/10 for me, but that's one scoop in a 20 ounce shaker with water. Anything less than this amount, it was way too sweet for me.

Mixability:

Product mixed very well in 20 ounces of water. No floaters, or residue at the bottom of the shaker cup. It mixed very well after 15 seconds of shaking.

Dosing:

1 rounded scoop in 20 ounces of water, in a shaker cup. Consumed intra work out and maybe 1-2 times on occasion during the day at most.

Random Observation:

When I first took the tub out of the package, I was like whoa, this tub is solid, as in the container. I have never had such a solid plastic container like this before. Usually, its a thin plastic tub. I think you can knock someone out with a full tub of this stuff.

This is marketed as an upper class line from Cellucor, thus the "Royal" label. There are maybe a handful of BCAA products, which I could noticeably feel working, in terms of reduced DOMS and recovery. Unfortunately, Royal Sport Charge is not one of them. I have tried BCAA/SAA blends before and have actually felt a few work.

I did not feel any additional recovery or reduced muscle soreness after workouts, or during the run of this tub. The product taste was very enjoyable

Value:

The cheapest I have seen this product, as of this review, is on Amazon for $40. That's $1.33 per serving. For me, that's pricey. I would rather get a straight up generic 2:1:1 BCAA for $20. Not sure the value warrants me buying this product straight up, unless maybe there was a sale.

Side Effects:

No side effects experienced

Conclusion:

Based on my history with Cellucor products, I have had many positive experiences with their main product line. Unfortunately, this one fell short for me. I can not warrant buying this product based on my current supplement budget per month.

• iSamurai
    November 17, 2015

I have very similar thoughts about this product

• chefneilde
    November 19, 2015

I read your review and at the end though frankie must have gotten this free, there is now way he would pay $40 for this product. Gotta love the hand outs? I bet it's around $60 at my local GNC.

• myuncker
    Rep for this Brand
    November 20, 2015

^All of Supplement Reviews Products are sent out free...

• chefneilde
    November 21, 2015

Yes, I understand. My point is that this product is way overpriced for what it is. I know that frankie would never spend that much of his own money on a product like this.

• Frankiemusc
    November 21, 2015

@chef Lol, don't u have something to cook? I selectively buy sales when it come to everything I buy, food, supps, furniture etc.....If I received a benefit from the product, I would purchase it on sale or bogo if applicable