Charge has been reported as discontinued.

Check out the top-ranked products in Amino Acids > BCAA/EAA

Charge Reviews

By: Royal Sport LTD

FORUM TOPICS

Amino Acids > BCAA/EAA
Charge is a BCAA/Intra-Workout manufactured by Royal Sport LTD. BCAA is short for branched chain amino acids. They are the building blocks of protein and can increase protein synthesis, muscle recovery and endurance during workouts and have also been shown to reduce body fat.

Charge has been reported as discontinued.

Check out the top-ranked products in Amino Acids > BCAA/EAA

January 21, 2016

Introduction:
Royal Sports LTD is an addition to the already-extensive line of Cellucor products, which is sold exclusively at GNC. The brand's motto is "supplements fit for kings and queens," or, in other words, "this poo is expensive." The general consensus surrounding Royal Sports' products is that they are high in quality, but lacking in value. I'm here to tell you no different.

I was excited to try silk amino acids, having listened to a friend rave about their purported benefits in recovery. It is often difficult for me to gauge recovery, since I am constantly changing around my diet and training. So many other factors affect recovery that I usually don't even bother attempting to judge amino products based off how they affect my muscle soreness. However, I do feel that my recovery was better while using Charge versus nothing at all. It also seemed to be incrementally better than with other BCAAs I have taken. But again, these results were nothing that jumped off the page and shouted "I'm worth 65 dollars."

Profile:
This product is centered around silk amino acids. The formula contains five grams of silk aminos, which falls in line with other SAA products on the market. The formula also contains four grams of BCAAs, in a 2:1:1 ratio; glutamine; Sustamine, a more stable form of glutamine; and electrolytes. It's a recovery-oriented formula that packs quite a bit. I did find that the electrolyte plus glutamine matrix was removed from the product's label on GNC.com. This could just be a typo, but I would make sure before purchasing.

What Are SAAs?
Silk amino acids are, quite literally, amino acids derived from silk. Silk aminos are comprised of five amino acids, two essential and three nonessential. Everyone knows silk aminos for their benefits in reducing muscle soreness, but clinical trials also support the possibility for SAAs to reduce fatigue. I found two studies that yielded such results, one in mice [1], and one in professional swimmers [2]. Of course, branched chain amino acids are fully capable of producing such results, as well.

Taste/Usage/Sides:
The flavor I had was strawberry kiwi, and it was very enjoyable. My all-time favorite supplement as far as taste goes is Xtend's strawberry kiwi. This didn't match it, but it came pretty damn close. One drawback, however, was that it left a burning sensation on my lips. I believe this was due to high amounts of citric acid, but I am not sure. It is the first time I have experienced this effect from an amino acid product. The burning mouth kept me from using more than one serving at a time, which I would not recommend anyway due to the price. I mixed my one scoop with 9-10 ounces of water in a shaker cup, and drank it either during or immediately after my workout.

Conclusion:
For 30 servings at a price of 65 dollars (52 online with a GNC gold card), there are many other supplements that can help you achieve your required results for less. Although this product worked for me, I cannot wholeheartedly recommend it due to the lower price point of comparable products.
  • Strawberry Kiwi: 9/10

5.2
  November 23, 2015

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Awesome Taste
  • Electrolytes
  • Cheaper Alternatives Out There.
  • Mediocre Recovery

Thank you once again to Royal Nutrition/Cellucor and SR TROOP for providing me with a tub of Charge to test out. As most of us utilize BCAA and intraworkout products as staples for periworkout nutrition and recovery, Charge takes an interesting approach with combining BCAA's and SAA's to assist with recovery and endurance. On paper, it looks solid, however it failed to deliver for me, unfortunately.

As usual, I've attached a copy of the ingredient profile.

Highlights per 1 scoop - 5g's of SAA's, 4g's of BCAA's in 2:1:1 ratio, and a glutamine/hydration blend.

We all know what BCAA's and glutamine do for us, so no need to reiterate any of that information. If you want to read a solid write up of what SAA's are and are intended to do, please take a look at garlicks review of this product. Basically another form of recovery, potentially protecting testosterone levels, as well as cellular regrowth.

(8.5)
I received the Raspberry Lemonade flavor and I enjoyed it a lot. Tasted pretty good, slight foaming, but all settled after a few minutes. Significantly less foaming in comparison to the BCAA products that have a hefty dose of L-Leucine.

(6.5)
I've only tried one other SAA product before and that was when BPI originally came out with Blox. So much hype so I decided to grab a bottle. Unfortunately, this product did nothing for me in regard to recovery and I could have sworn that I just paid $40 for a tub of overpriced Kool-Aid.

Recovery is where this product was lacking for me. The 2:1:1 ratio for BCAA's is solid IMO, but only contains 4g's. The additional 5g's of SAA's is what's supposed to make up for it, I'm assuming. Don't get me wrong, I did feel like this product did aid in recovery, but minimally. There were days where I was still having DOMS from workouts 3-4 days before, which typically never happens when I'm running straight BCAA powders, which is why I gave it the lower rating.

The positives are that I thought the hydration/electrolyte blend were solid. No issues with cramping or feeling dehydrated during my workouts.

(5.2)
Seems to be the reoccurring theme with Royal Sports products -- Charge is pretty expensive. Around $40 for a 30 serving tub -- not awful, but considering you can get an adequately dosed BCAA product for around $30, it would be hard for me to purchase this again, especially with the subpar results I experienced. Paying a little over a $1 per serving/workout. I do understand SAA's are expensive which is why I'm assuming the price tag on this is a bit higher than the norm in this category.

Side Effects

No issues whatsoever.

Conclusion

Overall, this would be a hard product for me to recommend. I know some others have had success with SAA products, however it seems that I may be a non responder. Again, I appreciate Royal Sports and SR TROOP for allowing me to test out a tub, but with the lack of positive results I experienced while running Charge in comparison with 2:1:1 and 8:1:1 BCAA products at a more reasonable price, it would be a hard sell for me.
  • Raspberry Lemonade: 8/10

November 17, 2015

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Electrolytes
  • Unique Profile
Introduction:

Thank you to the SR Troops program, and the folks at Cellucor via Woodbolt distribution, the maker of the Royal Sport line, for the opportunity to try Royal Sport Charge. This was my first attempt at a Royal Sport line product.

I am a regular proponent of BCAA products all the time. They are a staple in my supplement shed and I normally take them intra workout. Although I may not feel BCAA products working, I hope that all have some type of underlying benefit to my body. Normally, I am fine with a standard dose of a 2:1:1 ratio, which is a low value in $$ and am intrigued by the BCAA/SAA blends.

Ingredient Profile:

This product has a blend of BCAA's, SAA's, Electrolytes and glutamine. More than your average BCAA product.

The label breaks out the BCAA, SAA and glutamine into grams and is not lumped together. There's dyes in this product.

Taste:

I consumed the raspberry lemonade blend, which in general, I am a fan of. The directions state 1 to 2 scoops in at least 8 ounces of water. The taste was an 8.5/10 for me, but that's one scoop in a 20 ounce shaker with water. Anything less than this amount, it was way too sweet for me.

Mixability:

Product mixed very well in 20 ounces of water. No floaters, or residue at the bottom of the shaker cup. It mixed very well after 15 seconds of shaking.

Dosing:

1 rounded scoop in 20 ounces of water, in a shaker cup. Consumed intra work out and maybe 1-2 times on occasion during the day at most.

Random Observation:

When I first took the tub out of the package, I was like whoa, this tub is solid, as in the container. I have never had such a solid plastic container like this before. Usually, its a thin plastic tub. I think you can knock someone out with a full tub of this stuff.

This is marketed as an upper class line from Cellucor, thus the "Royal" label. There are maybe a handful of BCAA products, which I could noticeably feel working, in terms of reduced DOMS and recovery. Unfortunately, Royal Sport Charge is not one of them. I have tried BCAA/SAA blends before and have actually felt a few work.

I did not feel any additional recovery or reduced muscle soreness after workouts, or during the run of this tub. The product taste was very enjoyable

Value:

The cheapest I have seen this product, as of this review, is on Amazon for $40. That's $1.33 per serving. For me, that's pricey. I would rather get a straight up generic 2:1:1 BCAA for $20. Not sure the value warrants me buying this product straight up, unless maybe there was a sale.

Side Effects:

No side effects experienced

Conclusion:

Based on my history with Cellucor products, I have had many positive experiences with their main product line. Unfortunately, this one fell short for me. I can not warrant buying this product based on my current supplement budget per month.

November 14, 2015

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Electrolytes
  • Good Recovery
  • Enhanced Recovery
  • Solid Formula
  • Quality Ingredients
  • Cheaper Alternatives Out There.
Thanks to Royal Sport for providing their BCAA & SAA supplement Charge for review, and thanks to supplementreviews.com for making this possible.

- Introduction -
I am a strength type gym goer, who has recently put an emphasis on cardio and endurance. Usually my workouts consist of low rep work, and a little bit of cardio. I've switched that up by doing some more higher rep work and more cardio to enhance my ability to last longer on the court and football field. With a shock to the system like this, I've been adding help by means of supplements like Royal Sports Charge to help me endure the switch. So far it has been going pretty well. My diet is an IF 16/8 diet with my 8 hour window between 2 pm and 10 pm(College student, up late at nights). The foods I tend to eat are fish, eggs and greens. Other than that, the supplements I used along side of this are Platinum Lab's Defcon1 2nd Strike, as well as Royal Sport's Cardio Rush part of the TROOPs which I am looking forward to writing a review on. Never really tried any of Royal Sports products prior to this, so it has been quite interesting thus far.

- Ingredient Profile: 8/10
What Royal Sport has put together is what I call a solid ingredient profile, with some added things to make it even better.
They have three different blends starting with an SAA at 5 grams, then a BCAA blend at 4 grams and finally a Glutamine Electrolyte matrix at 2.25 grams. All three blends from what I can tell are reasonably dosed, and the added electrolyte blend somewhat takes this from average BCAA product, to a much better product all together. The emphasis from what I can tell is on hydration and keeping your muscles fresh throughout and after your workout all while maintaining a good tasting, appealing product.

- Taste: 7/10
I had the Raspberry Lemonade, did not care for. Tasted quite fake, had a sour artificial aftertaste. So I was not a fan of the taste, but the taste started to grow on me and I found it to be rather pleasant after a while.

- Mixability: 9/10
Mixed pretty easily, but like Kalans(Who put together a great review of this same product btw) had said there are little particles floating around in it which was weird. Other than that mixability was good.

- Dosing:
Easy, 1 scoop of 14 grams with a total of 30 servings, or if you felt like going all out 2 scoops. Though if you do go with 2 scoops, you'll need a lot of water (25 oz or more) otherwise the taste is over powering.

- Effectiveness: 8/10
Breaking this down into two categories to better explain the effectiveness of this product.

During The Workout: 7/10
I had Alpha Amino and loved that for the most part during my workouts, I found that helped my endurance and finish off my workouts better. This was not the case with Charge, my workouts were not extended like with Alpha Amino, but it sill helped slightly in sipping this in between sets; but if I was to compare the two I would give the edge to Alpha Amino for during the workout.

Recovery Afterwards: 8.5/10
This is where Charge excelled. Recovery was noticeably better than Alpha Amino and just great in general. I found that it reduced my soreness quite a bit compared with not having a intra workout at all. It was good to the point I think that Charge would almost be better used as a post workout supplement for those like myself who do Intermittent Fasting and do not want a lot of calories outside of your window(it does have 25 calories per serving).

Overall I think Royal Sport designed a good product that excelled in the aspect I was not expecting. The recovery is great, and I think that alone makes it an effective product. Personally the combo of Alpha Amino during a workout, followed by Charge afterwards or throughout the day which I experimented with a few times worked out quite nicely for me in terms of overall soreness and doms.

- Value: 6/10
I'm a college student, so pricing is a major factor in my decision making for products. For me, if the effectiveness warrants the price I gladly endorse the product. I am willing to pay a premium price for an above and beyond product. Royal Sport Charge is available at two places(Briefly three on Amazon, but has since been deactivated) from GNC or Royal Sport directly. The price that have is $65, while the last price that Amazon had was $40. The latter isn't bad and I think is a good price; however $65 is not. With 30 servings total, it puts the servings over $2 each and if you double scoop it, it gets much worse. Overall the value just is not there for me personally, but if money is not an issue than of course that changes.

- Side Effects -
Dyes, dyes, dyes. Again I had the same problem with this that I had with Alpha Amino some stomach problems and my teeth hurting. The whole teeth hurting is odd, since I do not have sensitive teeth.

- Conclusion -
Royal Sport seems to be a premium supplement line with premium prices. If good products and high prices is your thing, this is a great supplement to try out. If you're a poor college student like myself than I would look elsewhere. From my point of view the benefits do not outweigh the steep price. Again thanks to Royal Sport for providing Charge for review, absolutely loved trying it out.
  • Raspberry Lemonade: 7/10

9.2
  November 3, 2015

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Enhanced Recovery
  • Solid Formula
  • More Effective Than Other BCAA Products
  • Bonus Ingredients
  • Quality Ingredients
  • Costs More Than ObamaCare
  • Needs More Servings
The formulation behind Royal Sport Charge is a big one, with hopes to it being a game changer. We see that they took the normal BCAA supplement and added SAA's + Electrolytes + Glutamine, but unfortunately they are all in Blends and Matrix's which is ok if the product will work! So the BCAA Blend is the standard and effective 2:1:1 ratio, but sadly it is stuck at the 4g mark and thus you miss the critical 1g extra to make it most effective. Luckily we are given the ratio it is kept in, as if they did not it would be possible to have more or less of Valine/Isoleucine. Next up we have some Sequenced Polypeptides or SAA's, which are something I haven't really supplemented with but is a designer Amino which has been used for years in creams and shampoos but until a few years ago it came to the supplement game. You can read plenty about SAA's in garlick's review for this product, which he goes into great detail. Next we have the Glutamine Electrolyte Matrix which as you guessed it contains Glutamine! How much GLutamine is in this 2.25g Matrix? We don't know, but we do know that Glutamine supplementation is most effective at 3g which we know is not contained in this matrix. There are some fancy forms of Electrolytes in this matrix as well, but don't be fooled because the normal Electrolytes are up top on the label.

Overall this formula is different from the run of the mill BCAA supplement, and I feel it is a great looking profile. Sadly Royal decided to keep us in the dark with their dosages by using Matrix's and Blends, but still they give us plenty to make it work with bonus ingredients. Great points to Royal for the unique profile too, which is not something we see often.

Well sadly I didn't get the flavor requested, which they sent out Raspberry Lemonade to me.. I thought I would die, because as I have said before Raspberry is not for me! But surprisingly it did not taste too overly Raspberry! It is interesting, because it smells and tastes kinda well.. Hard to explain, but it certainly doesn't taste like they call it. Good taste none the less, but they do have other flavors that seems more tasty. The mixability of this product is good at first, but then you see this suspension of white particles floating around which ultimately sink to the bottom of the cup which is odd because I normally do not see this from a BCAA supplement which makes me suspect the SAA Matrix.. No more foam than your normal BCAA product, and the flavoring system is great as expected. Dosing I have done in many different ways: before working out, intra work out, post workout, during my off days etc. Normally I would use 1 scoop and 2 scoops depending on how hard I trained that day, but in most cases I was fasted and used this as a sustainer for endurance.

Effectiveness (9.2/10)
This is THE MOST IMPORTANT ASPECT of this product, and then the Value is where it finishes on. So how well did this product work? Simply put "Excellent!" I am quite surprised and happy to see how well this product worked for me, because I have always been responsive to the normal BCAA products and was interested if this formula would pull it off being only 4g BCAA's in addition to having SAA which was a first for me. So what are we talking about on being effective? As Royal advertises, I had Enhanced Recovery which gave me less muscle soreness along with no symptoms of DOMS. Is being less sore enough for you to purchase this product? Well for some it would be, especially if you are working out again for the first time but us normal Gym Folks (Rats too) want it for more.. Do not worry, because you will get it! With the enhanced recovery you will know that the Muscle Repair has happened more effectively, which is due to this product but can be accomplished with a high protein and moderate carb intake.

I will say that I did notice a better and quicker recovery with this product than the normal BCAA product, which I feel is mostly due to the electrolytes giving me a more refreshed feeling in total body but I am not ready to rule out the SAA's at this point. Definitely the Glutamine and SAA blend are the icing on the cake, but any person working out sweating heavily as I have will appreciate the added Electrolytes!

Value (7.0/10)
Well we all knew this was coming, and in this case I would suggest that you hide your wallet because you may not be sore from your workouts but your wallet sure will be! Just like all the other Royal supplements we see the price is a problem, but how big of one? The product retails for $56 on Amazon and $62 on GNC for members, making it $1.86 a serving! Now if you are using BCAA's you should know it is an additional supplement to help you achieve more, but it is still "icing on the cake" and you can accomplish the same effect from having a proper diet. So does the added ingredients make it worth the high cost? I feel it doesn't sadly, but still it is a solid product just not high on value..

Overall (8.5/10)
I will honestly tell you (just like in all my reviews), that this product is indeed effective and worth trying but the cost is what hinders most users along with myself. I would love to run this supplement year round, but when your Recovery supplement costs more than your internet I think you have a problem. Simple fix would be for Royal to lower the price, or to even have the product sold at other online stores but then they would be competing with themselves with the Multi-Brand Supplement Group Nutrabolt. I would recommend this product, but be ready to pay for it because it is not cheap and definitely would not earn the "Lava is a cheapskate" seal of approval!

Thank you Royal for this product, I really did enjoy using it but for me to use it own my own dime it would need to be lower in price or more servings added to the existing price (45 servings?).
  • Raspberry Lemonade: 7/10

Overall
Overall
6.8
  October 22, 2015

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Awesome Taste
  • Electrolytes
  • Cheaper Alternatives Out There.

I would like to thank Royal Sport for the chance to review this product. The Nutrabolt reps have been extremely quick and responsive when it comes to getting product out to reviewers as well as acknowledging when a review has been posted. High quality reps who take pride in their brand.

This product looks eerily similar to another Nutrabolt product, Neon Sport "Kinetic". Both products contain a silk amino blend, with Alanine, Glycine, Serine, Valine and Threonine as well as a BCAA blend with slightly different ratios. Charge's ingredients swap out the Carnitine and Coconut Water found in "Kinetic" in favor of a glutamine and electrolyte blend. I've tried a few samples of "Kinetic" previously and can say I prefer "Charge" to it.

Like the previous section, more similarities, Charge's Raspberry Lemonade flavor tastes nearly identical to Kinetic's "Lemon Berry". Oh and both are friggin delicious. An extremely smooth, sort of mediocre sweet flavor that is in no way overpowering. It's not carbonated and is just pretty darn tastey when it comes to making your workouts yummy.

This product didn't mix like a normal BCAA product. When dumping into still water, the product just sits on the top until stirred or shaken. Most BCAA products will slowly dissolve and sink to the bottom, this stuff just surfs on top. After shaken, it does mix very smoothly however.

I dosed this one scoop at a time. On lifting days once while working out and once later in the evening, on cardio days just once while exercising.

In comparing to another Nutrabolt product that I reviewed recently, Cellucor's "Alpha Amino", I feel that Charge stacks up rather well for being sort of a lesser known brand. The biggest strength of this product is also the electrolyte blend. Throughout using this product, it made workouts an absolute breeze in terms of keeping myself hydrated. With a lot of BCAA products, I'm pounding them with big sips and eventually running out and refilling my bottle with water. Charge keeps me good through a long workout usually leaving me with a big gulp at the end of my workout to finish off on the ride home. I can't say enough about how this helps me work out

In terms of a recovery element, I can say that I did not experience a lot of this aspect. Unlike my favorite Amino products, I didn't have the same amount of rejuvenation that I experienced with them. I woke up rather sore after a hard workout. The hydration element as well as BCAA profile did helps a little with intra-workout endurance. Overall, I would have liked to see a bit more from the recovery aspect of a BCAA product.

You can get this product for $40 for 30 servings on Amazon. For a BCAA product, this is high. I'm not a fan of anything above $.75 - $1 when it comes to a BCAA product because BCAAs are a big luxury, in that they usually don't contain energy or pump products to push your workout to the "next level".

Side Effects

Conclusion

Charge does have a decent number of positives from outstanding flavoring to great hydration. The recovery elements leave a bit to be desired, in my mind there are a number of options that are better in that regard. However, if you are looking for a smooth delicious drink that will keep you from running back and forth to the water fountain, feel free to give Charge a try.

3.0
  December 4, 2013

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Awesome Taste
  • Electrolytes
  • Good Recovery
  • Cheaper Alternatives Out There.
Big thanks to the guys at Royal sports and the ER for letting me run this tasty treat.

Ingredients. 7-8.
Pretty basic run of the mill BCAA. I do not really care or notice a big difference in the ratio of a BCAA. I never have. Sometimes more is not always better. But here is the ingredients. Copy and paste

Serving Size 1 Scoop
Calories 25.00
Calcium 20.00 mg 2%
Magnesium 10.00 mg 3%
Potassium 65.00 mg 2%

SAA Polypeptied & Amino Acid Matrix (L-Alanine Glycine L-Serine L-Valine L-Threonine Silk Amino Acids) 5.00 g **

2:1:1 BCAA Blend (L-Leucine L-Valine L-Isoleucine) 4.00 g **

** Daily Value (DV) not established

Garlick does a great job explaining the Silk amino's so if you want, check his out.

Taste 100/10
Seriously the guys out did them selves. They should really think about letting the guys who developed this flavor , make some of those flavor packs for just water. This stuff is very addictive. I would sit and crave to have this intra my workout. I had Kiwi strawberry.

Mixing 9
Never had a issue here. Mixed great every time no matter the amount of water used.

Dosing.
I took this 90% of the time intra workout.

Effectiveness.7-8
I can say this did seem to help me stay Hydrated a bit more and recover a bit faster between sets. But is it better than any others I have tried. No I will take Restoraid any day over this. Pretty much performed as well as any basic CHEAPER BCAA would.

Value. 3-4
Here is where they fall down.
Its 65 bucks on GNC as I type this. NO way would I buy ANY BCAA or supplement of any kind for the price. 50 bucks is my limit on anything and that would have been a test booster or a big bag or protein.

Overall 7
I loved drinking this and do feel it helped some on my workouts. But the price just kills it. But I do not even think of buying anything from GNC anyway because their prices are so high. Way to many others sites to use for better deals. Maybe once this brand gets going we will see some price drops but until then. I will just have to remember what it tasted like.

December 3, 2013

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Awesome Taste
  • Good Recovery
  • Not As Good As Bio-gro
I had never heard of Royal Sport LTD or any of their product offerings until I was given the opportunity to review Charge. Charge is pretty basic in it's premise. An amino acid blend, that includes your BCAA's and SAA's.

While we all understand the benefits of BCAA's on muscle repair and soreness, SAA's only recently have become a hot topic of debate in the supplement industry. Much was published about the "recent discovery" of SAA's in the last couple of years. This couldn't be further from the truth. SAA's have a long history, although not so much in the supplementation arena. Silk Amino Acids have been know to give Silk, the soft feel and appearance. Hence the name.

For several years, companies have been using SAA's in shampoo and body products, as a means to increase water retention in the cellular structure, and create the same "silky" feel to hair and skin.

SAA's, up until last year, were actually combined in an 18 amino acid chain. There was a new hydrolyzation process which was discovered, which split out a usable absorbable form of Sericin-S or small form Sericin, which includes a much smaller and tighter chain of 5 of these amino acids. When supplement companies talk of SAA's, they're actually talking about Sercin-S, which is the only digestible form of SAA's.

Some of the purported benefits of Sericin-S supplementation, are increased protection of your male testosterone levels, accelerating cellular regrowth, cellular protection against UV damage & Bovine Albumin replacement. All of these have been identified only in animal studies, and not in actual human trials though. So can we take these benefits at face value?? It's not quite clear yet.

One thing we do know, is that SAA's are EXPENSIVE. The hydrolyzation process is currently derived from silk worm fibers, which makes the process tedious, with not a very large output per year. A large majority of the liquids are used up by cosmetic companies, which makes it even less available for supplement companies. This means, if you want to use SAA's, you're going to pay through the nose for them.

With LTD Charge, this is no exception. The only place I've found this product available is through GNC, and the cost is astronomical. $70 per bottle for approximately 1 month worth of product.

The question is, the overall value of adding SAA's to a BCAA supplement?? Here are my personal findings:

Performance: 4
This is based on Standard BCAA formulas vs BCAA/SAA mix. I just didn't feel a major difference in recovery between a BCAA supplement and this mixed supplement.

Taste: 9
This is probably the best tasting Amino product I've ever had. I loved it. I couldn't get enough of the flavoring. It really stands out compared to other products that I've had.

Mixability: 9
This also helps, as there were no clumps on the bottom of the shaker bottle for me. It also didn't create a lot of foam like other products that I've tried. With USP Labs BCAA's & Scivations Xtend you end up with little bits of undissolved product in water. Not with this.

Value: 3
It's not the least valuable product that I've ever purchased, but I'm not going to spend my money on it. I also know it doesn't perform nearly as well as Bio-Gro has for me in the recovery department. So if I'm going to spend $70-100 per month on a recovery product, I want something that's superior, and this falls short of what iSatori offers with Bio-Gro.

So are SAA's worthwhile?? I'm not so sure. Not only have there been no human studies to show all the purported benefits, but my performance wasn't affected enough to warrant me going out of my way to look for SAA's in the future.

I do know, that if you have a BOGO offer on this product, it probably would be worth taking a shot at it, because the flavor is outstanding. Definitively the best tasting amino acid product on the market.

November 21, 2013

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Awesome Taste
  • Electrolytes
First off, thank you to Royal Sport for letting me try out their Charge Product. Previous to receiving this, I have never tried a product of theirs. I have however tried many different bcaa/glutamine/amino acid products.

My experience in the past with Amino Acid products has been good, so I never hesitate to try out a new one. Amino Acids are very basic, yet extremely effective. In recent times, variations and supposed upgrades have flooded the supplement market with Sustamine replacing Glutamine, and SAA (Silk Amino Acids) being added to the mix. The big question of course is do the extra goodies justify the price?

Ingredient Profile: 8/10

Magnesium 10.00 mg 3%

Potassium 65.00 mg 2%

2:1:1 BCAA Blend (L-Leucine L-Valine L-Isoleucine) 4.00 g **

** Daily Value (DV) not established

Other Ingredients: Citric Acid, Natural and Artificial Flavors, Malic Acid, Calcium Silicate, Silicon Dioxide, Sucralose, Acesulfame Potassium (Ace-K), FD&C Red Lake #40

I especially like that Glutamine is in the mix, I think it makes any amino acid product better. I also like that electrolytes are in the mix.

On the negative side, I'm not a fan of all the artificial sweeteners. This product has 2 different ones, plus artificial red color.

The industry has yet to see a good amino product that is naturally sweetened. If one came out, I would be a customer for life and I would even pay extra for the privilege.

Taste: 10/10

I don't give out 10's easily, but the best part of this product is the taste. I tried the Strawberry Kiwi flavor and it was heavenly. I actually craved it when I didn't have it which pretty much never happens. The only other supplement I've ever tried that tasted this good was the ORIGINAL Watermelon Xtend.

This is where this product sinks. It is around $1.95 per serving. My normal amino acid products include Xtend-.77 per serving, Recoup-.67 per serving, and Modern BCAA-$1/serving.

As you can see it is at least twice as expensive as a normal amino acid product. The company would be wise to realize that a sizeable portion of their target market is in the 20's and 30's, and right now that segment of the population is broke.

Yes, this product has other stuff that normal bcaa products don't have, and if it were more effective, the cost might justify it and I will address this under effectiveness.

First off, yes the product works, and yes it works well. That said, I have found most bcaa products to work extremely well and it is one of the few supplements that I could not workout without.

There was a span of about 3-4 days where I slipped and didn't take any bcaa's during this run. Just like in the past, I noticed my strength was down after just a few days of not taking my aminos. Once I started taking them again, things were back to normal.

The big question though is was this product with all the extra goodies worth paying the extra price? In my opinion, the answer is no. I didn't feel any better results than with a traditional bcaa/glutamine product.

I really liked my run with this product as it was effective and tasted incredible.

Personally I would like to see this as more of a basic bcaa/glutamine product, while keeping the taste. I would happily take the electrolytes as well. If the product became more basic and the price came down, I would definitely be a buyer.

This product is effective and is worth trying, but I would wait for a sale.