Castle has been reported as discontinued.

Check out the top-ranked products in Pre-Workout > Stimulant

Castle Reviews

By: Royal Sport LTD

Castle is a Pre-Workout manufactured by Royal Sport LTD. It is designed to help provide a pre-training advantage by increasing mental focus, muscle performance, endurance and blood flow. This creates an environment optimal for increasing muscle mass and losing body fat.

Castle has been reported as discontinued.

Check out the top-ranked products in Pre-Workout > Stimulant

Overall
Overall
Thanks to Royal Sport LTD for sending it out!
  November 7, 2015

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Added Carbs
  • Wayyy Too Expensive
  • Dyes For Days
  • Underdosed

Summer has come to an end and its time to start bulking again. When I start my hypertrophy workouts I like a preworkout with or adding some fast acting carbs around the time of workout. So when I saw the profile on this I thought id give it a shot. I had grabbed Royals Protein as well and I was fairly pleased with it so when I started this I had moderate to high expectations.

Prop blends..... The 1st ingredient listed in the "castle blend" is Maltodextrin and judging by the amount of carbs in the product you can reasonably assume there is 10rams of this leaving just 5 grams spread out between Creatine Mono, Beta Alanine, Arginine HCL, Citrulline, and Agmatine Sulfate. The energy blend is made up of 200mg of caffeine and a few other focus and energy components as well. As far as the profile I love it if everything was dosed accordingly this would be great, unfortunately its not so lets see how it performs....

I received Blue Raspberry, and it tasted exactly like C4 Icy Blue Razz which makes sense considering they are both owned by the same people. Delicious and sweet never had an issue taking this down. Mixing was usually pretty easy, did have a few instances where there was some clumping when I didn't shake it as soon as I added the powder to water. Dosing simple as well like all pre's take before your workout.

I will break this down into a couple categories.

Pump- I was doing lots of volume while taking this and even with that I never had any great pump days. At least not anymore than you would expect when lifting moderate weight for high volume. Vascularity didn't improve or show up at all throughout the tub either. I figured with the added carbs and just a little of the 3 pump products that were listed I would have some decent pumps but I never experienced much at 1 scoop. The one thing I liked is the amount of carbs they put in this it allowed for 2 scoops without over doing the amount of fast acting carbs. On the couple of occasions I did go with 2 scoops the pumps were slightly better but never any skin splitting pumps or even ones that would hold over after the workout.

Energy/focus- With all the pre's I have used I wasn't expecting 200mg of caffeine to really knock my socks off, and it didn't. However it wasn't a let down and I never experienced any kind of crash while on this either. I had decent focus and was able to get through all my workouts in a decent amount of time and never really felt like I was running out of energy towards the end of my workouts.

And like it seems with a lot of Royals products, here is the breaking point. $80 for 45 servings is just not affordable. There are so many products out there on the market that are great and dosed correctly for 1-1.50 a serving and even cheaper so when your looking at this price for the performance it gave me I just couldn't do it.

Side Effects

Some digestive issues on a couple days nothing serious, and once again with the heavy heavy dyes.

Conclusion

Not a bad preworkout and I liked the addition of the fast acting carbs, but that's where the positives ended for me. Even at 2 scoops I couldn't get excited about how this worked. Thanks to the people at Royal for putting up a generous number of their products for us to try hopefully future products will perform a little better for me.
  • Blue Raspberry: 9/10