Cardio Rush has been reported as discontinued.

Check out the top-ranked products in Energy Supplements > Other Energy Supplements

Cardio Rush Reviews

By: Royal Sport LTD

Cardio Rush is an Energy Supplement manufactured by Royal Sport LTD. It is designed to improve mental focus and energy.

Cardio Rush has been reported as discontinued.

Overall
Overall
5.5
Thanks to Royal Sport LTD for sending it out!
  December 26, 2015

Pros:
 Cons:
Thanks to Royal Sport for putting Cardio Rush up for an unbiased review, and thanks to SR.com

- Introduction -
Cardio...oh god I'm already bored... Anyways, Cardio(at least for me) is a pain to do, and just bores me to death. I prefer lifting heavy things rather than a steady state cardio for 30 minutes straight. The extent of cardio I do is heavy farmers carries for about 60 seconds 4 times, other than that I do not do too much cardio. I always been looking for something to help with the whole cardio process, something to make it more enjoyable or even to help motivate me to actually do it. For the most part I use my favorite preworkouts like Defcon1, however this is not necessarily good to use for cardio due to all the different stims in it. I find that if something it too heavily stimulated it is detrimental to my cardio workouts. What I was looking for in Royal Sport's Cardio Rush is something that could assist me with my cardio workouts, as well as possibly shed some extra pounds along the way. My diet was decently clean for the most part, and the other supps I took were your basic whey, zma, and preworkouts. The workouts I do are a simple 5x5 three days a week to keep things simple.

- Ingredient Profile: 7/10
The ingredients are good ones, however it is all in a prop blend which makes it impossible to tell how much of what is in this except for the caffeine which is listed at 200 mg.

The first prop blend is a total of 1625 mg consisting of Arginine HCI, L-Tyrosine, Acetyl-L-Carnitine HCI, Caffeine(200 mg), Theobromine, Agmatine Sulfate, Amla Fruit Extract, Rauwolfia Vomitoria Root Bark Extract. Like I said the ingredient are solid, but I really would like to know how much of what is in here.

Second prop blend is a total of 1180 mg consisting of L-Carnitine Tartrate, Garcinia Cambogia, Green Tea Extract, Black Tea Extract. Again solid ingredients, but it is in a prop blend which I do not mind if the profile performs.

Overall the ingredients are pretty good, and just from glancing at the profile it looks promising which I will get into shortly here.

- Taste/Mixability/Dosing -
Taste was okay, nothing special. It mixed pretty good, anything related to Cellucor seems to mix wonderfully. Dosing is simple, 1 scoop of 6.5 grams total with 60 servings in all.

- Effectiveness: 6/10
Eh, lets just say I had high hopes even when I was half way through the bottle hoping that this would preform better, but it never did.

1 scoop 30 minutes before a cardio workout and I could feel the effects of the caffeine kicking about 15-30 minutes after taking it. Other than that I did not noticed anything else. Going to break this rating up into two sections for an easier read.

Energy/Focus: 7/10
Caffeine did a good job, and the theobromine also kicked in nicely as well. I'd find myself using this for sports like basketball which gave me energy, but it was something that did not last too long. After about 30 minutes after it kicked my energy levels would just plummet, and I am not entirely sure why. Overall the energy was okay, but it'd be great if it lasted longer.

Fat Loss: 4/10
I did not notice any fat loss from this product at all. My weight stayed the same over the two months taking this and it claims to spike your metabolism, however I did not noticed the common hunger pains that come with a supplement that spikes the metabolism.

Overall I was highly disappointed by this product, wasn't expecting some amazing, but at least something that does a solid job especially when price comes into consideration...

- Value: 5/10
$70 for 60 servings is not too too bad, but I have the feeling they intend for this product to be 2 scooped. At 1 scoop its a little over a dollar per serving, but if you doubled up the price would go well over $2 per serving which seems to be a consistent theme with Royal Sport.

- Side Effects -

- Conclusion -
Royal Sport had a great idea in creating a product for cardio, however it did not perform as well as it should have. My humble suggestion would be to add beta alanine for endurance(Keep the dosing below 1.5 grams to avoid too much tingles) and also theacrine for sustained energy. Lastly the servings and price, make a 30 serving container if this is a true one scooper and lower the price a little.
  • Fruit Punch: 7/10

Overall
Thanks to Royal Sport LTD for sending it out!
  October 26, 2015

Pros:
 Cons:
Thank you myunker and the cellucor/royal team for letting me try this product as a part of the SRtroops! I do a lot of cardio before or after I workout and sometimes I feel PWO makes my heart beat too fast or simply not help at all so I was looking to try a PWO that was meat for cardio. Luckily I saw this and "cardio" was in the name so I figured lets give it a try!

Ingredient Profile - 7
Similar to all Cellucore products Royal also chooses to use a "Blend" route. This has a Cardio Rush blend and a Toning Blend. First the Cardio Rush; I like beta-alanine and the website advertises "no tingle" for this product and that is the reason, no beta-alanine. This is the first PWO I've taken in awhile without it and I could tell a difference. I am assuming they left it out because some people may not like that tingle when they're doing cardio but I still would of preferred having it. There is 200mg of caffeine which if taking 2 scoops is a solid dose, but not to effective (at least for me) at a single scoop. Some other staples in there like Arginine, Acetyl-L-Carnitine, and agmatine Sulfate with the added couple of extracts make this a fairly unexciting blend. Next the toning blend; I like seeing a form of L-Carnitine, and Green Tea extract, and I have had some good experiences with Garcinia cambogia in a other weight loss products. This being a 1180mg blend and those three ingredients need at least 500mg for an effective serving size leaves it a little short. Again, if you take 2 scoops you might be getting a full dose of these but not an effective one at 1 scoop.

Taste/Mixability/Dosing - 8

One thing Cellucor has always done well IMO is their flavor and mixablility of products. I had the fruit punch flavor and it was enjoyable. It tasted a little different that all the other thousands of fruit punch flavors I've tried so that was kind of nice. Hard to describe but it was unique in a good way. Didn't have any trouble with a chalky taste of settling of the powder, just threw a couple scoops in and shook it a couple times. I dosed this at 1 scoop about 30 minutes before lifting/cardio for the first couple work outs and felt almost nothing. I took 2 full scoops after that and was a little more pleased.

Effectiveness - 6.5

Like I said, with 1 scoop I felt very little so I recommend taking 2 scoops. After taking 2 scoops my experience became average. I will first talk based on the cardio side of this. When I took this before running or doing interval training (or basically anything that sucks and isn't fun to do) I noticed some decent energy from the 400mg of caffeine and that's about it. The energy wore off within 30 minutes and left me with a little bit of a crash. I didn't notice any added benefit of taking this before cardio than any other PWO. The toning blend was not real noticeable after taking this a month and I didn't feel any different on a day to day basis with those added ingredients. As for the lifting side of this I would say it gave me some alright energy just like with the cardio but wasn't real long lasting. Didn't notice anything special as far as pumps or increased focus and again I don't think the toning blend did anything for me. Overall nothing really stood out to me from this PWO and can't say I had a good or bad experience with it, just average.

Value - 5
This only comes in a 60 serving size (probably because they know it needs to be taken in 2 scoop servings!) and it will set you back $70. That's just over $1 if you're planning on taking 1 serving but at $2.33 per serving with 2 scoops that is way to expensive! If money means nothing and you enjoy awesome packaging (can't lie I am a sucker for it sometimes) this will give you an average PWO so it wouldn't be a complete loss but it's just not worth the price tag for a college student like me.

Side Effects

Nothing I experienced here. No stomach issues that I noticed or anything like that.

Conclusion

Not going to lie I am disappointed in this product. If they are set on this idea then double the serving size and cut the price in half and then at least they'll have a product that people can afford and still get a little effect from. As it stands I wouldn't recommend buying this.
  • Fruit Punch: 8/10