Yeah Buddy New Formula Reviews

By: Ronnie Coleman Signature Series

Overall
Overall
6.1
5.7
Thanks to Ronnie Coleman Signature Series for sending it out!
  July 26, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Endurance Boost
  • Failed To Meet Expectations

What's Up SR community today I am reviewing Ronnie Coleman's PWO "Yeah Buddy". The first thing that made me interested in this product was the warning on the front claiming that it is a potent PWO only for intermediate or higher lifters. I mean yeah it is a warning but that make me want to try it even more. It started out pretty good for the first week or so but then as I grew tolerance it just was not up to par.

L-citrulline Malate (4000mg) - there is one difference between this and L-citrulline, and that is the addition of malaic acid. According to BB.com when you increase malate levels in your body you increase energy at the same time. This is said to improve blood flow levels to the muscle as well as improving the delivery of nutrients to the muscles being used. A recent study list on BB.com states that long term use of citrulline malate results in increased max grip strength and increase lower body power levels

Beta Alanine (2000mg) - This is known to give you the extra boost in the gym allowing you to complete the extra reps that you desire throughout the workouts. Research suggests that it may increase your workloads about 8-12 repetitions.

Choline Bitartrate (550mg) - this is meant to improve your overall performance in the gym with INTENSE workouts. Research supports the supplementation of choline as long as you are depleting your body. Most studies have been done on marathon runners, but the results do suggest that people who use choline supplements have less fatigue, and more energy toward the end of the workouts.

Advantara Z Citrus Aurantium Extract (200mg) There is very weak evidence to support the claims of this ingredient. Overall it is meant to improve fat loss in individuals who supplement with this ingredient

Thacrine (100mg) - I have mentioned this in the past but this is very good on its own but when it is combine with caffeine it works even better. This is know to help improve overall energy and focus without the dizziness, shakiness, and other effects that caffeine alone may give.

Caffiene Anhydrous and Encapfeine (420mg) - ENERGY

Methylliberine (100mg), and adhatoda vasica (50mg)

As far as taste goes I really enjoyed the flavor I got. The flavor was Sour Berry which normally seems like something I would not enjoy. It was easy to drink with 10-12 oz of water. One little downside was that if you didn't continue to mix this there was definite settling at the bottom of the cup. As far as dosing, I though it was appropriate. One scoop was equal to 9 grams of powder which lasted me working out 5-6 days a week for 4 weeks.

I always go to the gym in the morning since I normally work at 10am, so therefore I usually take my PWO on a nearly empty stomach (only protein shake in my system, maybe a banana). This alone I figure would give me greatest effects of the PWO I take. For the first week I really felt a good boost of energy throughout my whole body. I felt I was able to lift long and hard and keep up with the weights I normally push. As weeks 2 and 3 came along I felt that it was definitely losing the touch. There was always an original boost of energy but as I went through the workout I felt there was nothing left. I wanted there to be the extra boost to give me the energy and mental focus to always push more and push harder, this just didn't happen. I felt no change in the next week as I finished the product. As for being a "potent" PWO, ehh maybe if you are a real beginner to these supplements, but for me who has been in the weight room for a long time I needed more. I know that I am generally pretty tolerant to stimulant based PWO, but I have taken those that get me crazy in the gym. I thought the biggest downside of this product is when I took it working out later in the day after work. There was a few instances where I decided to go to the gym after my work day hoping that my PWO would do the job to get me through the 1-2 hour workout. Yeah.. just wasn't there yet again. I felt I was always wanting more with this PWO and may be it is the low dose of Beta alanine that didn't work, or maybe it was some of the other ingredients that didn't blend with me. Whatever it was after tolerance was built, it just felt like I was drinking a cup of coffee. In regards to some other effects I felt it may have helped me shed a few pounds and since I have enough difficulty in doing so I was happy some of the results this PWO gave me.

On RC website the same tub of 30 servings was listed at $29.99 which is actually very good pricing for a PWO. As far as other sites go muscleandfitness.com and amazon.com has the same pricing options with amazon prime being about one dollar less. I could not find this product on bodybuilding.com but I found many other of the RC series. If anyone finds this on the BB.com website please comment below if there is a drastic difference in price.

Side Effects

Minor increase in bowel movements, nothing major.

Conclusion

Overall this is an average PWO that may be good for beginners but just was not there for me. It work for the first few weeks but after tolerance was built in weeks 3 and 4 there was minimal boost left. There was still an energy boost which kept me awake and alert and I did think it helped me lose some minor weight. In my experiences there may be some better PWO out there especially if you are into Beta Alanine since this one has a semi-low dose than others that worked for me. As always do your own research before taking any product.
  • Sour Berry: 8/10

• dmf8625
    July 26, 2018

Any thoughts on the pump factor from this product? Didn't see any mention of that in the effectiveness section.