Yeah Buddy New Formula Reviews

By: Ronnie Coleman Signature Series

Overall
Overall
Thanks to Ronnie Coleman Signature Series for sending it out!
  July 25, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Endurance Boost
  • Pretty Good Pumps
  • Failed To Meet Expectations

First, thanks to Ronnie Coleman Signature Series and SR troops for the opportunity to use and review this product.

I love preworkouts. They are easily my favorite supplement, and the wide variety of ingredient profiles and effects that different products provide is a point of intrigue to me. Some products are built for energy, others for pumps or endurance. With that said, one of my favorite things to do is experiment with new preworkouts, and what better product than one by The King himself, Ronnie Coleman.

When I saw this product label, I knew I had to give it a try. With my high stimulant tolerance, I couldn't wait to see if this stim packed, caffeine heavy preworkout would be the holy grail of workout supplements. With that said, lets get into the ingredient profile.

L-citrulline Malate - 4,000mg
L-Citrulline is a well documented and researched workout supplement. It's primary use is to increase blood flow to muscles, which help to increase pumps. L-Citrulline Malate is essentially just a form of Citrulline combined with malic acid. The benefits of malic acid are still being researched, but have shown that when combined with Citrulline, it helps to increase muscular endurance. At 4,000mg this ingredient is somewhat below the recommended clinical dosage.

Beta Alanine - 2,000mg
A key ingredient in in most preworkouts, beta alanine is known to increase strength and endurance and has been well researched. While this dosage wont give you too many of those tingles that a lot of people find uncomfortable, it is well below the clinical dosage of 3200mg.

Choline Bitartrate - 550mg
A focus promoting ingredient, Choline Bitartrate aids in cognitive function and also shows some potential as a mood elevator. The recommended clinical dosage is 250-1000mg. At 550mg this ingredient meets the recommended dosage

Sustained Release Caffeine (Caffeine Anhydrous and Encapfeine) - 420mg
A huge dosage of caffeine to increase energy and alertness. Encapfeine is a form of caffeine layered in microbeads, causing it to take longer for the body to process, effectively extending the release of the caffeine into your bloodstream. The benefits to having an extended release caffeine is to reduce the side effects of jitters and nervousness, as well as to sustain energy throughout the duration of the workout as opposed to receiving an immediate boost.

Advantra Z (30% Synephrine) - 200mg
An interesting inclusion here, Advantra Z is an ingredient containing bitter orange (citrus aurantium) and synephrine. Bitter orange extract contains a class of adrenergic amines which suppress hunger, increase metabolism, and facilitates amino acid uptake. Synephrine also has similar affects and is primarily used as a metabolism booster. It would appear the inclusion of Advantra Z is meant to boost metabolism in order to help absorb the other ingredients, as well as aid in fat loss.

Teacrine - 100mg
The patented form of theacrine, an energy supplement that the body is unable to build a tolerance to. Teacrine is the tasteless form of theacrine, which is said to have a bitter, earthy flavor.

Dynamine - 100mg
The patented form of Methylliberine, Dynamine is a stimulant with a very similar molecular structure as theacrine. Dynamine is used as an energy boosting stimulant.

This product also contains Adhatoda Vasica, a plant extract primarily used in medications to treat respiratory infections and open airways. I am unsure of what purpose this ingredient serves in this product, and I have been unable to find any answers in my research of this ingredient.

As you can see, Yeah Buddy contains a very stim heavy profile, with pump, endurance, and focus ingredients either underdosed or not present at all.

Taste - 6/10:
Let me just start by saying I am very picky about the taste of my preworkout. I struggle to get through a preworkout that tastes bad, and therefore put a lot of value on this category. I requested and received the Strawberry Lemonade flavor, and I was disappointed. The taste was not unbearable, but it had a slight aftertaste that to me, caused the flavor to taste like the old PEZ candy. Without the novelty dispenser with my favorite cartoon character on it, the flavor just wasn't worth it.

Mixability:
I mixed this product both in water bottles and shaker bottles and never had any issues with mixability. A couple hard shakes completely dissolved the powder.

Dosing:
One scoop in 10 ounces of water seemed to balance the taste enough for me to muscle through it.

And now for the main event! As always, I like to breakdown my preworkout into three separate categories to better describe the effects.

Energy - 7/10
I know, I know, I was as surprised as you are. I thought for sure this high stim preworkout would blow steam from my ears and leave me curling the entire dumbbell rack. That just wasn't the case. In fact, the first few times I used this product it had an opposite effect, leaving me tired and unable to focus. I have heard of some people complaining about similar effects when taking high amounts of stimulants, which to me never seemed physiologically possible. Yet I experienced it myself and would have never believed it before. The next few days I reduced my dosage to a half scoop and faired much better. I began to feel the energy boost and was able to power through my workouts. After about a week, I switched back to taking full scoops and found that I no longer suffered from the effects of overstimulation. However, even after assessing my tolerance and working my way back to the full scoop, I never felt a huge energy boost from this product. Maybe this was due to the fact that an unknown portion of the 420mg caffeine dose was an extended release caffeine. I can say though that I never experienced any jitters or anxiousness throughout the use of this product. After looking at the ingredient profile, I thought for sure I would be dealing with those side effects, but they were never an issue.

Endurance - 8.5/10
For me, this is the area where this product truly shined. Aside from the first few days, I was easily able to push through my typical two hour workouts, as well as a three hour chest session one day. While the energy boost may not have been incredible, it was smooth and sustained, fueling me all the way through the end. I also found myself pushing more reps and finishing my sets with much less muscle fatigue than usual.

Focus - 4/10
This product's biggest weakness came in the category that I value the most. Bodybuilding is hard. It is grueling both physically AND mentally. Some days you just don't want to be in the gym. Some days you have to fight with yourself to get a workout in, all the while pushing away thoughts of what else you could be doing, or how much you are hurting, etc. The best way to overcome this is with a preworkout that is capable of helping you lock in and giving you that tunnel vision that drives you through each set. I never experienced that with this product, which was not surprising considering there did not appear to be any focus enhancing ingredients in the profile. The only ingredient that promoted any kind of cognitive benefits was the caffeine, which helped more to clear mental fog than to actually promote focus.

Also worth mentioning is I was able to achieve some pretty good pumps from this product. Certainly better than I expected with the underdosed Citrulline malate.

$30 for 30 servings. I've paid less for more, and I've paid more for less. All in all I would say that this is a pretty fair value.

Side Effects

The first few uses of this product I suffered from what I can only think was an overdose on stimulants. Rather than pick me up, it had an opposite effect, leaving me tired and drained. After reducing the dosage for a week, I worked my way back up to the full dose and had no issues after that.

Conclusion

Overall, I was happy with the endurance benefits of this product, but the energy and focus failed to meet my expectations. While this isn't a bad product, and may be more effective for others, it just didn't do the job for me.
  • Strawberry Lemonade: 6/10