Stacked NO Pump Shot Reviews

By: Ronnie Coleman Signature Series

Pre-Workout > Pump
Stacked NO Pump Shot is a Pump Product manufactured by Ronnie Coleman Signature Series. It is meant to increase blood flow, muscle pumps and increase vascularity. It can be stacked with a stimulant based pre-workout for an added stimulant effect. This promotes an environment for increased muscle mass and fat loss.
6.4

Overall
Overall
5.8
5.5
  July 24, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Convenient
  • Ineffective At One Serving

This is the Pump Shot I really wanted to work! RCSS products almost always on point. Unfortunately this was more of a miss than a hit. I only found it to give me a slight pump with 2 servings.

I have been trying to give my body a break from high doses of caffeine, aside from the occasional morning coffee or any other RTD energy drink. This was right around I saw the BigRon was offering this up to the Troopers, I decided to claim.

The ingredient profile looks like it is not as stacked, as it should be. I also figured if it is in a liquid form it might change the effectiveness of the ingredients. The NO shot contains HydroGlycerine, Taurine, L-Argine, L-Citruline, HICA and Glycerylphosphorycholine (alpha-gpc).

I feel that a trusted brand like RCSS has nothing to hide in regards to its quality ingredients and its doses. I agree with the other reviewer that this product definitely showed that the pump ingredients where short of effective doses as this product didn't shine like it should have. Maybe take out some non-essential ingredients to increase the dose on the ingredients that will give us a pump.

I requested and received the Unicorn Juice flavor, it was not as magical as I imagined. Actually it was not bad, sort of fruity with a slightly sour after taste.

Stacked NO is a liquid so mixability does not apply unless you mix it in other liquids and if this is the case it should mix in just fine, put this into a Powerade Zero a few times.

Dosing is 1 tablespoon or 2 if you are over 185lbs. In my case 2 servings was how I took this most of the run. On some workout days I would take one to see if there was noticeable difference. Please see effectiveness section for the difference.

Effectiveness/Value

As I mentioned in the beginning I really had high hopes for this product, if not at 1 serving then for sure at 2.

Stacked NO -

1 serving: I honestly felt little to no effect from taking one serving.

2 servings: This is where I felt a slight increase in pump, when I mean slight increase I mean slight. It was nothing skin splitting. I probably could have achieved that pump with some fruit or extra white rice.

I think if you are lighter fellow maybe 2 servings will actually give you a better pump than it did to me.

In terms of Value, it might be good as a bottle cost around 20 dollars and has 32 servings, again might work for the smaller person at one serving. For me it does not seem cost effective especially with other pump products that actually work.

Side Effects

Conclusion

I hate having to write a bad review for anyone, but especially for RCSS. I think they need to reformulate this or drop it. I really wanted this to work for me, unfortunately it was mostly a miss.
Sorry BigRon.
  • Unicorn Juice: 7/10

July 16, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Convenient
  • Proprietary Blend
Thanks to RCSS for sending this out and my apologies for the long delay. When I first saw this product, I was extremely intrigued with the prospect of a pump product that worked as well as powdered counterparts with the convenience of already being in a liquid form. Choosing this from the vault was a no-brainer for me as I tend to lean towards products based on ingenuity, and I've has great success with RCSS products in the past.

The serving size for this is 1 tablespoon or half of a "capful" and includes a 5g prop blend of glycerol, arginine, taurine, citrulline and HICA. A good profile, but definitely underused at one serving and definitely at 2. There are 32 servings per container.

7.5/10

I received the Cotton Candy flavor, and it wasnt bad at all. Had a bit of a chalky feel in the mouth but went down smoothly and was pretty sweet to taste. I think they did pretty well here, all things considered.

I really wanted this to be a huge hit. Having a more convenient way to take a product that would be just as effective as the powdered counterparts would be a big hit. I initially started with one serving but quickly made my way to 2. However, I found the Stacked NO shots to make a marginal difference on my workouts at best. Coupled with high rep workouts, I only noticed a slightly bigger pump than I would have without it. The workouts in the following weeks after the completion of this product weren't much different than the workouts I had with it. Vascularity was slightly increased, but nothing huge. Overall, pretty disappointing.

$20 for 32 servings at Allstarhealth would be a pretty good deal if it were effective for someone at 1 serving. Considering I used 2 for the majority of the run, it would work out to a little over $1 each time, and there's far superior products in that price range that I would rather spend money on.

Overall

A neat idea that wasn't as effective as hoped. Fun to try, but I wouldn't shell out for this in the future.
  • Cotton Candy: 7/10

Overall
Overall
4.6
4.5
5.1
  July 2, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
    • Ineffective At One Serving
    • Proprietary Blend

In a day and age where convenience is king RCSS attempts to make a pump shot.

I've always loved RCSS since the beginning, always had great results and experiences with them. I always have at least 1 product from the line up in my cupboard. While using this I was doing a more basic workout split chasing a pump. A push pull leg routine around the basics.

The profile here is slightly different from the pills and powder because of the liquid form I'm assuming. It's a 5g total for a full capfull. You have a mixture of micronized glycerol , taurine, HICA, citrulline, arginine, and Agmatine. The lineup of ingredients isn't bad but considering the effective amounts of each ingredients is between 1-6 grams each I don't see how this could perform well. I figured being micronized and in liquid form may effect it somehow so I gave it a shot.

I received the sour apple flavor and I did not enjoy it at all I tried it a couple different ways to effect the taste and nothing worked. It is sour alright, but there was an extremely weird after taste kind of a burnt plastic taste. I took a full cup straight, mixed it with water, mixed it with another pre but nothing helped. The consistency of the product was good no mixing needed other than shaking the bottle before use.

Like I said above I was chasing a pump through most of my workouts lots of 10-15 rep sets. Forced reps and blood flow restriction work at the end of workouts. So the work I was doing should have complimented this product, but I literally couldn't tell the difference from taking this solo, to mixing with a pre, to workouts where I just didn't take it. This section is short but I honestly can't think of anything else to say it just didn't perform for me.

32 servings for 19.99 on average is what you can expect to pay. Price point isn't bad but the value to me isn't there.

Side Effects

Conclusion

It almost pained me writing a negative review for RCSS because they have always met and exceeded my expectations. There are very few product lines I'll spend my own money on these days and RCSS is one of them. This just didn't do it for me.
    • Sour apple : 4/10

June 7, 2018

• A Little Pricey
    • Limited Availability
    • Ineffective At One Serving

RCSS' Stacked N.O. Pump Shot is a unique entry into the pre-workout category that deserves recognition for its innovation and decent delivery. As with any innovative product, however, there is a little work to be done. That being said, it is certainly worth trying out.

I saw the RCSS Pump Shot come across TROOPS and claimed it because I thought it was both incredibly convenient and unique. Plus, I have tried Stacked N.O. powder and capsules before and wanted to see how the liquid suspension form compared.

6.5/10
    Each bottle contains 32 servings of 5 grams of a "Stacked NO Pump Shot Blend." In this proprietary blend is HydroGlycerine, Taurine, L-Arginine, L-Citrulline, HICA, and Glycerlphosphorylcholine. I don't really care for the inclusion of L-Arginine and HICA. I also wish these ingredients weren't hidden in a blend because many of them are very dose dependent and at 5 grams, at least some of these are undoubtedly underdosed.

HydroGlycerine [micronized glycerol] is a form of the tried and true pump ingredient glycerol. In short, it increases hydration and intracellular fluid retention resulting in a better pump. It is more commonly found these days in the form of glycerol monostearate (patented at HydroMax) and while the patented form is more concentrated (at least in GMS form), I don't personally mind what form as used as long the creators account for differences in concentration, etc. A typical dose of HydroMax is 1-2 grams.

Taurine is an amino acid that is useful in promoting increased blood flow. An efficacious dose range is 500mg-2 grams. I typically like at least 1 gram.

L-Arginine is a free form amino acid that purportedly helps with nitric oxide production. A typical pre-workout dose is 3-8 grams with some taking up to 18 grams cumulatively throughout the day. However, in the past decade or so many companies have favored using L-Citrulline or Agmatine as they are more effective at smaller doses.

L-Citrulline is a free form amino acid that helps with nitric oxide production. It has shown to be much more effective than its supplement precursor L-Arginine. The efficacious dose range is 6-8 grams.

Agmatine is a derivative of L-Arginine that has cognitive benefits (as well as others) in addition to boosting nitric oxide production. An efficacious dose range is 500mg-1 gram for most people (its an extrapolation based of body weight). I personally find this and L-Citrulline to be equally as effective when properly dosed and both to be more effective than L-Arginine.

HICA is a leucine metabolite that purportedly has anti-catabolic and anabolic properties. The suggested dose is 500mg taken three times daily. It is always a nice addition but since it likely isn't included at 1.5 grams, I'd rather see more useful ingredients - especially those that primarily help with blood flow, intracellular fluid retention, and even endurance (more reps = more pump).

Glycerlphosphorylcholine is basically Alpha-GPC without the "alpha" in the nomenclature and from what I understand, the "alpha" is not always necessarily included to denote Alpha-GPC. Alpha-GPC is a form of choline that promotes cognition, prevents cognitive decline, and has been shown to increase strength output and growth hormone secretion. Depending on the purpose for its supplementation, an efficacious dose ranges from 600mg-1.2 grams. Here, it is likely included to promote cognition and improve strength output.

I received the Unicorn Juice flavor and it was amazing. I can't really put my finger on just what flavor that actually is but is delicious. I would try to describe the flavor more but I'm seriously a bit dumbfounded on this one. The mixability was perfect. As a liquid suspension pre-mixed product, you would expect good mixability but it is still nice to see no settling, clumping, etc. I dosed this at 1 serving (15ml) measured out in the cap for the first few times. I eventually upped it to a full cap, which was about 2 servings. I downed the shot anywhere from 5-15 minutes before my workout.

At one serving I had a pretty lukewarm experience. It was very much a hit or miss on whether I could get and keep a good pump on most days. On the days that I felt a difference, it wasn't anything to write home about. I only noticed a definite improvement whenever I did arm work. Yet, even then it wasn't anything too impressive - the pump merely came a bit quicker and stayed a little longer. At two servings things changed for the better. I noticed a definite improvement regardless of whether I was training arms or legs. The pumps not only came on quicker and stayed longer, but they felt a bit stronger. In other words, I felt like I had more of a pump than on days when I did not take anything. I used another pump pre-workout (MTS Vasky) throughout this run and while two servings did not quite compare to 1 scoop of that, it did come pretty close (80% or so). If two servings were as effective as one, then I'd certainly consider using this in the future just for the convenience when I am in a rush. Note: I've tried to account for the difference in effectiveness with the different servings in the rating.

7.5/10
    So far I could only find this on the RCSS site and TigerFitness and it retails for $19.99 and $21.99 plus shipping and handling respectively for 32 servings. The S&H at RCSS $5.99, bringing the total for a sole purchase to $25.98. That's not a terrible price - you're paying $0.625 a serving. At two servings, it is $1.25. For comparison, Vasky runs $19.99 with a similar S&H cost for 30 servings - or about $0.67 a serving. From an effectiveness standpoint, it is a bit of a better deal since I needed to double the pump shot servings but on a serving-to-serving comparison it is competitively priced. I would also note that the convenience of having a liquid-suspension product is something that is worth a little extra dough. If I was pressed to give a dollar amount, I would say $0.25 extra per serving is a fair price for the added convenience. To be fair to RCSS, if you did the reverse math on that - it would make a relative price per two servings of $0.75, which is only a few pennies more than a product like Vasky. Note: I've tried to reach a middle-ground between the actual and relative prices with my rating.

Side Effects

I didn't experience any side effects while taking RCSS Stacked N.O. Pump Shot.

Conclusion

I came to my final rating after averaging the Ingredient Profile, Effectiveness, and Value sections which gave a 7.0/10. I kept this rating because I felt it was pretty accurate in describing my overall feelings and experiences. In short, this is a unique, one-of-a-kind product, that has a lot of potential but is currently just ok in its current form. I'd suggest revamping the ingredients to purely focused on pump - a simple 3-4 ingredient profile would suffice and probably be better. Still, the convenience factor of this makes it worth a shot (technically two).