Resurrect PM has been reported as discontinued.

Check out the top-ranked products in Growth Enhancers > Nighttime Sleep Formulas

Resurrect PM Reviews

By: Ronnie Coleman Signature Series

Overall
Overall

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Deep Restful Sleep
  • Relaxed
  • Deep Rem Sleep
  • Military Discount
  • No Sleep Hangover After Tolerance Is Built
  • Great Value
  • Groggy At First Few Doses
  • Slight Residue

37 years old, I lift 5 days a week. I workout at 6am and suffer from severe sleep apnea (yup I am on that machine), so any product out there that aids me in recovery while I sleep and promotes good rest I wanna try it. I never realized Ronnie Coleman had a supplement line until I found SR, being a Big Ron fan, I was intrigued and after reading many reviews I wanted to give it a try myself. Lets see if this fascination held up to reality.

Resurrect gives you 5 calories, 1g carbs, 100mg Vitamin C, 10iu Vitamin E, 6mg Vitamin B-6, 150mg Magnesium, and 10mg Zinc. There are four main blends that I really want to talk about here. Also, completely transparent label, so thank you very much for that Big Ron, that's always a plus in my book, and at my age I love to know what I am putting in my body!!

Sleep & Relaxation Complex

1,000mg Mucuna Pruiriens extract (bean): Also known as Velvet bean, this is your source of L-Dopa. L-Dopa is used as a test booster, similar to Zinc, but it likely only increases test for those that are deficient. That is fine by me, since I do have low test, and always can feel the effects of L-Dopa. This is a small dose and I did not really experience the "well being" feeling, but still nice to have this as a supplement to any test booster I may be taking.

500mg GABA (Gamma-Aminobutyric Acid): This is a depressive neurotransmitter, that is used for stress relief and goes great with any NO increasing agents. Like a lot of ingredients out there more research needs to be conducted, but 3-5g of GABA is used for the purpose of enhancing growth hormone metabolism. Small dosage here, but really I believe this is here to relax you.

500mg Phenibut: Not much is know about Phenibut when it comes to dosage for humans, but this is similar to GABA and used to treat anxiety. This coupled with GABA did help me to relax.

Amino Recovery Matrix
1,000mg Arginine HCI:Amino Acid that is important for Blood Flow and NO levels. Studies show this is unreliable in healthy adults and typically taken in the 3-6g dose. However, high doses can cause some GI issues, so I am glad to see it at 1g for a sleep aid ingredient.

500mg Phenylalanine: An Amino Acid whose role in people is not yet determined in humans as per webmd. The body does use this to make chemical messengers but currently no one knows how this works.

500mg Ornithine HCI: According to Examine.com there is one study that shows Ornithine paired with Arginine noted improvements in lean mass and power output in weightlifters, however the study is old. GH increases here are similar to that of Arginine which provides limited results. This is a promising ingredient for reducing ammonia concentrations in the blood and thus enhancing performance of prolonged exercise (45 minutes or more). The HCI version is said to be more effective.

500mg Theanine: A relaxing Amino Acid that is known to promote relaxation without sedation as well as reducing stress. I could feel all these relaxing ingredients, as I went to sleep when I was ready and was not knocked out, more about that down in effectiveness.

250mg Isoleucine & 250mg Valine (InstAminos): Two of the three BCAAs (third one is below). Isoleucine may have roles as an anti-catabolic agent (without promoting synthesis) similar to HMB. Valine is the red headed step child of BCAAs and does not appear, or is not known, to have any unique benefits associated with it.

Leucine Trifecta
1,500mg ActiveTR Time Release Leucine / 500mg Leucine (InstAminos): The primary or Mack daddy of BCAAs. Leucine is able to reliably increase muscle protein synthesis and promoting gains for those with lower dietary protein intake. A nice dosing of 2g found here, all in all this is a great supplement to any other BCAAs or Protein you take.

250mg HICA (Alpha-Hydroxy-Leucine Salt Calcium): A fairly new ingredient (at least to me) that is said to increase lean body mass and reduce DOMS.

ZMA Blend - 1000mg
Your standard ZMA blend consisting of Magnesium Asparate, Zinc Sulfate and Vitamin B-6. This all aids in recovery and development of testosterone while you sleep. In the past I have normally taken just ZMA during bed time, but have recently expanded out, and real glad to have this in here.

You will notice this does not contain Melatonin, which is great in my book. Melatonin will knock you out, however, it is naturally producing in the body so if you take too much of it over a long period of time your body will stop producing it. I like the absence of this in here.

I think this is a pretty great ingredient profile all in all for a sleep aid. This was my first time taking GABA, Phenibut, and HICA but I can definitely see the effectiveness of this, at least as far as feeling refreshed and getting that quality sleep is concerned.

Taste: I got the Strawberry Watermelon flavor and truly enjoyed it. I looked forward to drinking this before bed at night, was a nice little treat and was not to sweet at all. Not overbearing in flavor at all either, about just right.

Mixability: I mixed this with 8-10oz of water in a shaker and had no issues here. There was slight residue at the bottom but not enough to worry about, just seemed a little gritty at the end. Nothing where I would be concerned.

Dosing: Directions will tell you to assess your tolerance at first by taking half a scoop then move on to 1 serving (1 full scoop) after. I tried one dose with half a scoop, was not happy with the results so on the second day I moved to a full scoop, had great effect and no issues and never looked back. Also it does tell you not to exceed taking this 5 days in a row (typical route of 5 on, 2 off), likely so you do not build up a tolerance to maybe the Phenibut or GABA. I typically ran this every night prior to a workout so about 3 on and 1 off, then 2 on and 1 off per week. That seemed to give me the best results.

Really I was only expecting to get some decent sleep off this like I would from ZMA or the likes. Overall, I got the best rest I have had in a long time while taking this, and really did feel refreshed the next day. I did have a minor sleep hangover at first, but after I got a little adjusted to the formula it went away. Here is a snapshot:

First dose - Took half a scoop and honestly I slept like crap. Was very restless, did not feel i got into that Deep sleep mode at all. Woke up tired (no sleep hangover) due to not resting well, so was not happy. I decided to move on to a full scoop.

Dose two through 8 - The full scoop was the key for me here. Man, I slept great. I was averaging about 5 hours a sleep a night prior to this, and while taking this I would get around 6 hours and 45 minutes. I tracked my sleep through a Fitbit and saw that my REM or Deep Sleep times increased. I typically am only in bed for 8 hours a night, so this helped to get me more sleep than I normally would. At this point though I would wake up a bit groggy with that sleep hangover. I had to force myself out of bed, but once I was up I was good to go and felt almost a burst of energy and was ready to get going to the gym and start my day.

Dose 9 until the end - Not real sure why, but here that sleep hangover went away entirely. I moved up to 7 hours of sleep a night, and maintained most of my sleep in that Deep Sleep, REM pattern. The alarm would go off, I would open my eyes, and be like yup, LETS DO THIS, and pop out of bed, and get ready to hit the early morning lift. This was the point the product made me so happy, and I really enjoyed the benefits. It has been a week since I ran out, and I am back to 6 hours of sleep a night, and have to force myself up. Bear in mind my alarm goes off at 4am, so its hardly ever easy to be motivated that early. This was one of those supplements that I was really sad to run out of.

The label claims to aid in Recovery, Sleep, and be Refreshed. The recovery aspect was okay, I had to take a separate BCAA to really diminish the effect of DOMS. I would not say this product alone can aid in full muscle recovery. For the sleep and refreshed portions as you can see above, this worked amazingly.

This did not ever knock me out. I would take this about 30 minutes before bed, then lay in bed and watch television. What I liked about it is I did feel relaxed, and when I closed my eyes and was ready to get to sleep that's when it all hit me. Boom, I would fall asleep like normal but would not move again until that alarm went off. Overall, great product I got some real quality sleep on this and woke up refreshed and excited for the gym. Very good sleep aid.

I bought this on RCSS website for $30.99 for 25 servings. This comes out to $1.24 per serving. However, I did buy this in a stack (Yeah Buddy and King Whey) and received a 15% off discount. That discount seems to always be there when I hit the site so you can get this for around $26.34 or $1.05 per serving. To me this was a pretty great value, as I couple value with what I got out of the product, and I had a great experience here. I made the purchase in June, and it looks like even now the product is on sale for $28.99, so there are deals to be had on this which is always nice. RCSS also offers a military discount for those that qualify, which I always love being an 18 year Army vet.

Side Effects

Minor sleep hangover in the first 8 doses on this, but it went away. Not much to say other than that.

Conclusion

Moving from ZMA to more complex sleeping aids to really help boost my T levels was a hard thing for me to do. I had tried Mass HGH in the past and did not sleep well on it, so was unsure what to expect here. I ended up with some amazing sleep (best in a long time) and truly a feeling of being refreshed. I highly recommend this product, and a big shout out to Big Ron for a product well done!!
  • Strawberry Watermelon: 9/10

• kaka
    August 24, 2017

Nice detailed review keep up the good work :)

• Wis3guy
    August 24, 2017

Nice job, daSlaya. I've liked everything from RCSS.

• BigRon8
    Rep for this Brand
    August 28, 2017

I see you liked this product as well. this is a real detailed review so thanks for taking the time to write this one out. YEAH BUDDY!