(Better than 59% in Nighttime Sleep Formulas)

Resurrect PM Capsules is a Nighttime Sleep Formula manufactured by Ronnie Coleman Signature Series. It is designed to be used before bed time. It promotes restful sleep, increases REM sleep and helps the body attain an optimal state for muscle recovery and growth.

Overall
Overall
  July 30, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Great Value
  • Deep REM Sleep
  • Relaxation
  • Highly Effective
  • No Refreshed Feeling On Wake Up

Capsule and reformulated version of the original. This will relax your body to put you to sleep, will get you some nice deep REM sleep, but lacks the refreshed feeling on wake up. You can find this for a very good price, and its an effective product.

38 years old and lift four days a week, while still recovering to total reconstructive surgery to my left ankle. The original powder formula of Resurrect PM was my favorite sleep aid to date, so I got a bit nervous when I saw that Ronnie was reformulating the product and putting it in pill form. Once it became available I ordered up the current Resurrect PM so I could see if this product stayed true to my previous results. Lets see if this still ranks as my all time favorite supplement or if this was changed for the worse.

As with most RCSS products we have an almost fully disclosed label here. The only blend here is the ZMA blend. Given that this is the first review, I will break down the ingredients and give a brief description of its utilization. First of each dose (4 capsules) nets you 15mg of Vitamin B-6 (as Pyridoxine HCI), 90mg Magnesium (as Magnesium Aspartate), 30mg Zinc (as Zinc Sulfate Monohydrate), and 220mg Choline.

Macuna Pruriens (20% L-Dopa)(seed) (750mg): L-Dopa is used as a test booster, similar to Zinc, but it likely only increases test for those that are deficient. At high enough doses this gives me a nice "well being" feeling, but I did not feel it at this dose.

Choline Bitartrate (550mg): Choline is used for either its cognitive boosting properties or as a liver health agent. Typically Bitartrate is used for liver benefits, this combined with 220mg of Choline is a decent serving. I am glad it protects the liver, but honestly I am not really sure why its here, but it did not hurt either.

GABA (500mg): This is a depressive neurotransmitter, that is used for stress relief and goes great with any NO increasing agents. Like a lot of ingredients out there more research needs to be conducted, but 3-5g of GABA is used for the purpose of enhancing growth hormone metabolism. Small dosage here, but really I believe this is here to relax you. This is one of the main sleep ingredients, and the dosage remained the same from the old formula, which made me happy.

Phenibut HCI (500mg): To steal @kaka definition from the original formula in his review, Phenibut stimulates GABA receptors, supports sleep and cognitive function. Alleviates stress and anxious thoughts. Recommended dosage range is between 250mg to 1000mg. One thing to note here, is this taking this consistently over a long period of time can cause you to build up a tolerance for it. This dose was safe enough and if you follow the instructions you will be fine. The other powerhouse ingredient here, and the dosage remained the same from the original.

ZMA Blend (552mg): Your standard ZMA blend consisting of Magnesium Asparate, Zinc Sulfate and Vitamin B-6. This all aids in recovery and development of testosterone while you sleep. In the past I have normally taken just ZMA during bed time, but have recently expanded out, and real glad to have this in here. Bear in mind you are actually getting more than this dosage wise, as listed in the beginning.

I am fine with this profile, but I am confused on why there is extra Zinc, Magnesium, and B6 listed on the profile instead of being rolled into the ZMA blend as an overall. Especially since the Zinc is Sulfate and the Magnesium is aspartate. Also, not sure why Choline is involved here as I am not used to seeing that in a sleep formula, but it had no ill side effects, so I guess its fine.

When comparing this to the original powder formula, the Macuna Pruriens is a smaller dose now (was 1g originally) and the overall ZMA is less as well (1g in original formula). Also Amino Acids were removed, as well as Arginine, Phenylalanine, Ornithine, HICA, and Theanine. The newer formula is definitely more streamlined and almost a "cheaper" version of the original. I am okay with the changes, but I would like to see the Macuna Pruriens bumped back up to 1g though.

Taste/Mixability: Nothing to report here, capsule form. Small sized and swallowing all four capsules at once was real easy.

Dosing: Instructions state to dose 1 serving (4 capsules) on am empty stomach 30 minutes prior to sleep. You are to take this 5 days on and 2 days off. I did just that and took this on Sunday through Thursday nights. The idea here is to not build up a dependency or build up to Phenibut. Directions also state to allow yourself 6-8 hours of sleep.

Okay, so now the big section.....Did this work as good or better as the original? Well, the answer is not so simple. I will break this down into a couple different sections.

Going to Sleep: Without Melatonin, there is nothing here that is going to knock you out, which I am okay with as I do not care for sleep aids with Melatonin. This did relax me and while it would not make me pass out, once I was ready to fall asleep my body was in a state of relaxation where it was real easy to do. This was the exact same feeling I had with the original formula.

Hitting that REM Sleep: This is where the product shined in comparison to the original. In the original formula I averaged around 6 hours and 45 minutes to 7 hours of sleep. Here my average was 7 to 7 and a half hours of sleep every time I took it. I would be OUT! I would have some vivid dreams every now and again, nothing I can really remember or were too crazy, but would not move until my alarm went off the next day. So this part was great.

Waking Up: My favorite part of the original Resurrect PM was the way I would wake up! I would spring right out of bed and be fired up to hit the gym in the mornings, which is nice since I wake up around 4am each day. That was lacking here. I would not wake up with a hangover or that cloudy sensation, nothing like that, but it would just be a normal wake up. So I definitely miss that aspect from the original.

So, this will relax you enough to get you to sleep, it will aid you in hitting that nice REM sleep, but you would just wake up as you normally would without that refreshed feeling. I have never really felt that refreshed feeling outside of the original Resurrect PM (and believe me I have taken a few sleep aids in my time), but I do miss that. End of the day, this still works great as a sleep aid in its current state. I think the original was slightly better, but this still does its job better than most others in this market.

I had paid $29.99 for this, but it was a BOGO special at the time. Right now you can buy this at Muscle & Strength for $19.99 for 25 servings (100 capsules). That comes out to 80 cents a serving which is a pretty great value in my book. Combined with the effectiveness here, this is a great value!

Side Effects

Vivid dreams at times, no big deal really, just some people may not like that.

Conclusion

So yes, my fears were squashed of the new formula not being effective. This still works just as great, if not better, than the original in getting you in that deep REM sleep, but it does lack that refreshed feeling. Overall, I like the original formula better (due to that refreshed feeling), and for some reason I enjoy taking a powder sleep aid versus pills, but no real reason outside of preference on that one. Ronnie if your reading this and have any of the original powder formula left for sale somewhere, let me know and I will buy some!! If you are in the market for a sleep aid, then give this a try for a nice melatonin free sleep aid that you can find at a pretty great value. This gets the DaSlaya stamp of approval and I highly recommend this product.

Advertisement: