Ranks #4 (better than 92%)
In: Growth Enhancers > Nighttime Sleep Formulas

PRICES (2)
(25 sv) - [$1.48/sv]

Muscle and Strength

Resurrect PM is a Nighttime Sleep Formula manufactured by Ronnie Coleman Signature Series. It is designed to be used before bed time. It promotes restful sleep, increases REM sleep and helps the body attain an optimal state for muscle recovery and growth.

August 24, 2017

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Deep Restful Sleep
  • Relaxed
  • Deep Rem Sleep
  • Military Discount
  • No Sleep Hangover After Tolerance Is Built
  • Great Value
  • Groggy At First Few Doses
  • Slight Residue

37 years old, I lift 5 days a week. I workout at 6am and suffer from severe sleep apnea (yup I am on that machine), so any product out there that aids me in recovery while I sleep and promotes good rest I wanna try it. I never realized Ronnie Coleman had a supplement line until I found SR, being a Big Ron fan, I was intrigued and after reading many reviews I wanted to give it a try myself. Lets see if this fascination held up to reality.

Resurrect gives you 5 calories, 1g carbs, 100mg Vitamin C, 10iu Vitamin E, 6mg Vitamin B-6, 150mg Magnesium, and 10mg Zinc. There are four main blends that I really want to talk about here. Also, completely transparent label, so thank you very much for that Big Ron, that's always a plus in my book, and at my age I love to know what I am putting in my body!!

Sleep & Relaxation Complex

1,000mg Mucuna Pruiriens extract (bean): Also known as Velvet bean, this is your source of L-Dopa. L-Dopa is used as a test booster, similar to Zinc, but it likely only increases test for those that are deficient. That is fine by me, since I do have low test, and always can feel the effects of L-Dopa. This is a small dose and I did not really experience the "well being" feeling, but still nice to have this as a supplement to any test booster I may be taking.

500mg GABA (Gamma-Aminobutyric Acid): This is a depressive neurotransmitter, that is used for stress relief and goes great with any NO increasing agents. Like a lot of ingredients out there more research needs to be conducted, but 3-5g of GABA is used for the purpose of enhancing growth hormone metabolism. Small dosage here, but really I believe this is here to relax you.

500mg Phenibut: Not much is know about Phenibut when it comes to dosage for humans, but this is similar to GABA and used to treat anxiety. This coupled with GABA did help me to relax.

Amino Recovery Matrix
1,000mg Arginine HCI:Amino Acid that is important for Blood Flow and NO levels. Studies show this is unreliable in healthy adults and typically taken in the 3-6g dose. However, high doses can cause some GI issues, so I am glad to see it at 1g for a sleep aid ingredient.

500mg Phenylalanine: An Amino Acid whose role in people is not yet determined in humans as per webmd. The body does use this to make chemical messengers but currently no one knows how this works.

500mg Ornithine HCI: According to Examine.com there is one study that shows Ornithine paired with Arginine noted improvements in lean mass and power output in weightlifters, however the study is old. GH increases here are similar to that of Arginine which provides limited results. This is a promising ingredient for reducing ammonia concentrations in the blood and thus enhancing performance of prolonged exercise (45 minutes or more). The HCI version is said to be more effective.

500mg Theanine: A relaxing Amino Acid that is known to promote relaxation without sedation as well as reducing stress. I could feel all these relaxing ingredients, as I went to sleep when I was ready and was not knocked out, more about that down in effectiveness.

250mg Isoleucine & 250mg Valine (InstAminos): Two of the three BCAAs (third one is below). Isoleucine may have roles as an anti-catabolic agent (without promoting synthesis) similar to HMB. Valine is the red headed step child of BCAAs and does not appear, or is not known, to have any unique benefits associated with it.

Leucine Trifecta
1,500mg ActiveTR Time Release Leucine / 500mg Leucine (InstAminos): The primary or Mack daddy of BCAAs. Leucine is able to reliably increase muscle protein synthesis and promoting gains for those with lower dietary protein intake. A nice dosing of 2g found here, all in all this is a great supplement to any other BCAAs or Protein you take.

250mg HICA (Alpha-Hydroxy-Leucine Salt Calcium): A fairly new ingredient (at least to me) that is said to increase lean body mass and reduce DOMS.

ZMA Blend - 1000mg
Your standard ZMA blend consisting of Magnesium Asparate, Zinc Sulfate and Vitamin B-6. This all aids in recovery and development of testosterone while you sleep. In the past I have normally taken just ZMA during bed time, but have recently expanded out, and real glad to have this in here.

You will notice this does not contain Melatonin, which is great in my book. Melatonin will knock you out, however, it is naturally producing in the body so if you take too much of it over a long period of time your body will stop producing it. I like the absence of this in here.

I think this is a pretty great ingredient profile all in all for a sleep aid. This was my first time taking GABA, Phenibut, and HICA but I can definitely see the effectiveness of this, at least as far as feeling refreshed and getting that quality sleep is concerned.

Taste: I got the Strawberry Watermelon flavor and truly enjoyed it. I looked forward to drinking this before bed at night, was a nice little treat and was not to sweet at all. Not overbearing in flavor at all either, about just right.

Mixability: I mixed this with 8-10oz of water in a shaker and had no issues here. There was slight residue at the bottom but not enough to worry about, just seemed a little gritty at the end. Nothing where I would be concerned.

Dosing: Directions will tell you to assess your tolerance at first by taking half a scoop then move on to 1 serving (1 full scoop) after. I tried one dose with half a scoop, was not happy with the results so on the second day I moved to a full scoop, had great effect and no issues and never looked back. Also it does tell you not to exceed taking this 5 days in a row (typical route of 5 on, 2 off), likely so you do not build up a tolerance to maybe the Phenibut or GABA. I typically ran this every night prior to a workout so about 3 on and 1 off, then 2 on and 1 off per week. That seemed to give me the best results.

Really I was only expecting to get some decent sleep off this like I would from ZMA or the likes. Overall, I got the best rest I have had in a long time while taking this, and really did feel refreshed the next day. I did have a minor sleep hangover at first, but after I got a little adjusted to the formula it went away. Here is a snapshot:

First dose - Took half a scoop and honestly I slept like crap. Was very restless, did not feel i got into that Deep sleep mode at all. Woke up tired (no sleep hangover) due to not resting well, so was not happy. I decided to move on to a full scoop.

Dose two through 8 - The full scoop was the key for me here. Man, I slept great. I was averaging about 5 hours a sleep a night prior to this, and while taking this I would get around 6 hours and 45 minutes. I tracked my sleep through a Fitbit and saw that my REM or Deep Sleep times increased. I typically am only in bed for 8 hours a night, so this helped to get me more sleep than I normally would. At this point though I would wake up a bit groggy with that sleep hangover. I had to force myself out of bed, but once I was up I was good to go and felt almost a burst of energy and was ready to get going to the gym and start my day.

Dose 9 until the end - Not real sure why, but here that sleep hangover went away entirely. I moved up to 7 hours of sleep a night, and maintained most of my sleep in that Deep Sleep, REM pattern. The alarm would go off, I would open my eyes, and be like yup, LETS DO THIS, and pop out of bed, and get ready to hit the early morning lift. This was the point the product made me so happy, and I really enjoyed the benefits. It has been a week since I ran out, and I am back to 6 hours of sleep a night, and have to force myself up. Bear in mind my alarm goes off at 4am, so its hardly ever easy to be motivated that early. This was one of those supplements that I was really sad to run out of.

The label claims to aid in Recovery, Sleep, and be Refreshed. The recovery aspect was okay, I had to take a separate BCAA to really diminish the effect of DOMS. I would not say this product alone can aid in full muscle recovery. For the sleep and refreshed portions as you can see above, this worked amazingly.

This did not ever knock me out. I would take this about 30 minutes before bed, then lay in bed and watch television. What I liked about it is I did feel relaxed, and when I closed my eyes and was ready to get to sleep that's when it all hit me. Boom, I would fall asleep like normal but would not move again until that alarm went off. Overall, great product I got some real quality sleep on this and woke up refreshed and excited for the gym. Very good sleep aid.

I bought this on RCSS website for $30.99 for 25 servings. This comes out to $1.24 per serving. However, I did buy this in a stack (Yeah Buddy and King Whey) and received a 15% off discount. That discount seems to always be there when I hit the site so you can get this for around $26.34 or $1.05 per serving. To me this was a pretty great value, as I couple value with what I got out of the product, and I had a great experience here. I made the purchase in June, and it looks like even now the product is on sale for $28.99, so there are deals to be had on this which is always nice. RCSS also offers a military discount for those that qualify, which I always love being an 18 year Army vet.

Side Effects

Minor sleep hangover in the first 8 doses on this, but it went away. Not much to say other than that.

Conclusion

Moving from ZMA to more complex sleeping aids to really help boost my T levels was a hard thing for me to do. I had tried Mass HGH in the past and did not sleep well on it, so was unsure what to expect here. I ended up with some amazing sleep (best in a long time) and truly a feeling of being refreshed. I highly recommend this product, and a big shout out to Big Ron for a product well done!!
  • Strawberry Watermelon: 9/10

October 31, 2016

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Deep Restful Sleep
  • Happy
  • Uniterrupted Sleep
  • No Sleep Hangover
  • Deep Rem Sleep
  • Well Balanced Sleep Aid Ingredients
  • Price Could Be Better
  • Some Ingredients Are Definitely Underdosed
  • Didn't Knock Me Out
I'm a heavy lifter, mainly in the ~5 rep range with some higher rep outs (ie Wendler's 5,3,1 is my go-to template) as well as a competitive combat sports enthusiast, so lots of short bursts of intense activity. Also been incorporating lots of recovery work (longer 30-60 min walks, as much for my dog's health as my own recovery) so sleep supplements are higher on my list for recovery purposes.

Solid ingredient profile, the Maca and Phenibut are the standouts here and primarily where I feel the effectiveness comes from. The problem is that Phenibut builds tolerance FAST, and dependency issues show up within as few as 2-3 days for some unlucky folks, so it MUST be cycled. The recommendation from the manufacturer is 5 on / 2 off, but I feel that's probably a little too liberal for some. Though the Phenibut dosage is only 500mg, and we don't know if that's HCL or FAA (some say FAA is more potent bioavailability wise), I'd still keep it to 2-3 days a week to stay safe with keeping effectiveness and avoiding dependency/tolerance issues.

Also includes GABA, but I don't believe it passes the blood brain barrier much at all - though combined with Phenibut, which is essentially GABA which can pass the blood brain barrier, that may very well increase the effectiveness.

Finally, there's the "Leucine Trifecta" which consists of instant release and "time release" L-Leucine. I'm a big proponent of supplemental L-Leucine to increase protein absorption, so I love this inclusion though it pretty much requires as pre-bed protein source (which I like to time ~30 minutes after the Resurrect PM, after taking Resurrect on an empty stomach).

Terrible at mixing, I like to keep it shot-level as far as liquid size goes...because if you combine 8oz for this product + another 8-12oz for a pre-bed protein shake, the urge to get up and take a leak is annoying. So if you're like me, you end up with a bunch of clumps you have to toss and wash - which isn't bad, but its mixed strong flavor wise so prepare for some tart-ness and a very blue mouth.

Very effective, you don't so much notice it if you go to bed within an hour of taking it as suggested, since Phenibut tends to take 2-5 hours to kick in. You'll definitely notice your deep sleep levels increase, I track mine with a movement based sensor so I can tell the difference. Won't knock you out, but it'll put you in deep sleep and keep you there.

Value isn't bad, considering you have to cycle it so the 25 doses per container lasts much longer than you'd think. Compared to bulk Maca and bulk Phenibut, though, it's not a great value. For convenience and flavor, a "one stop shop" sleep supplement, it increases the value quite a bit. $1 a night isn't too bad in my opinion.

Side Effects

None noticed, though if you're particularly affected by Phenibut expect a next day "afterglow" which can be quite pleasant (low level euphoria, anxiolytic properties).

Conclusion

Overall, I'm pleased and was surprised by how much I enjoyed the product. I'm done with my bottle, having dosed at both recommended (1 scoop) and higher level (3-5 scoop, granted I was definitely pushing into "recreational after glow" territory here and don't recommend it, just buy bulk Phenibut for this purpose!) and will likely pick up another in the future. Not a constant product, but one I'll cycle in-and-out so I have it maybe once or twice a week, with other supplements to - well, supplement it, on off days.
  • Blue Razz: 7/10

June 23, 2016

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Deep Restful Sleep
  • Relaxed
  • Deep Rem Sleep
  • Quick Recovery
  • Significant Muscle Recovery
  • Minor Clumps And Residue
  • Price Could Be Better

Hello SR. Here to review a sleep aid supplement that has muscle recovery benefits as well. First I would like to thank the Ronnie Coleman Signature Series team for allowing me to review this product, and the SR TROOPs program for making the connection possible. Resurrect PM was a pretty effective night time product that honestly did support further muscle recovery. Please note that I finished Lunar prior to using this supplement. Been catching up on reviews.

Resurrect doesn't just contain a few ingredients, and is instead packed full of aminos, minerals, and ingredients known to be effective for relaxing the body and encouraging restful sleep. The label is fully disclosed except for the ZMA blend, which was fine for me since it doesn't contain ingredients such as caffeine within the blend or anything.

The first complex is the sleep and relaxation complex, which is composed of mucuna pruriens, GABA, and phenibut. I liked the gram of mucuna pruriens because this ingredient is also known for supporting HGH production. It's not a large amount, but I was using a test booster that had this ingredient as well so it was an ideal stack for me.

The muscle recovery was made possible due to the abundance of BCAAs and other amino acids working together. There's even a specific portion of the label for leucine, which I'm sure everyone knows is the most important BCAA of the 3. The interesting ingredient was the time released leucine at 1,500mg. This is of course good to have since your body is fasting for however long if you're sleeping enough hours.

All in all a nice ingredient profile that promotes extended recovery more than sleep in my opinion.

I chose the cherry limeade flavor which wasn't too bad drinking, but the after taste did linger to where I ate a pretzel or something to scrape it off my tongue eventually.

Mixing was pretty well. The supplement does leave a lot of settling at the bottom of the shaker so I had to constantly swirl it before each swig. A lot of supplements are like this because of the ingredients so it's not an issue. Just remember to swirl and drink lol

Dosing was supposed to be one scoop per serving, but after weighing the grams for the scoop after another user brought it up sure enough I had a bad batch with the scoop as well. I informed the RCSS team and they assured me the issue had been brought up with the manufacturer. Would have probably been a bigger issue if the scoop was overdosing instead of under dosing. I followed the directions of using only 5 days per week, so I consumed Resurrect PM each training night more for recovery purposes.

As mentioned the muscle soreness I usually wake up to was significantly decreased enough to where I can say it was indeed the supplement. Obviously it's not a miracle supplement or anything, but I did feel much better upon waking - especially after squat and deadlift days. Sleep wise I did fall into a deep slumber, but when I had to wake up there was no issue with drowsiness or anything. The supplement didn't help me fall asleep or anything, just seemed to keep me knocked out once I did finally feel like resting.

You get 25 servings with Resurrect, and the lowest price I found it sold for was on Amazon for $30.00. This isn't too bad per serving, but I feel it might as well be 30 servings each container to even it out to a dollar every use. Still not bad to spend $30 on if you have the extra money for evening recovery supplements.

Side Effects

None to report

Conclusion

Resurrect was a well rounded supplement that boosts the recovery process even further if you get enough sleep while using it. I'd recommend giving this supplement a try if you want a deeper sleep and to wake up with your body feeling more refreshed. Thanks again for letting me review your supplement RCSS.
  • Cherry Limeade: 8/10

June 21, 2016

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Deep Restful Sleep
  • Quick Recovery
  • No Sleep Hangover
  • Well Balanced Sleep Aid Ingredients
  • A Few Odd Nights Of Unrest

(About yourself, 1-3 sentences maximum)
First off a Big Thank you to BigRon, RCSS and their Director of Marketing Derek. My tub of Resurrect PM contained the wrong scooper size and I had to manually weigh each serving. Derek had a good explanation and RCSS have now taken care of the issue, and have also taken matters into their own hands to avoid future problems.

I will not go into detail because previous reviewers have shed plenty of insight on the profile, and how each ingredient works/should work. I will however give RCSS BigProps for having a fully disclosed label.

Taste: I had the Cherry Limeade and in 8 oz. of water it was a tab bit sweet, in 16oz it was damn delicious.

Mixability is fine; you get some slight foam that dissipates rather quickly. You also get some sediment at the bottom but a little swoosh on the last drink should get that out.

Dosing: The label states that you should not take this for more than 5 out of 7 days of the week. It also recommends that you should start with 1/2 (5g). I did start this at 5g for the first couple days but didn't notice much of an effect so I went into the full serving (10g) as I mentioned before I had to manually weigh each serving. No big deal! After seeing this happen to many other companies, I now recommend everyone to make sure you weigh your supplements to make sure you are injesting the correct serving size.

Like I mentioned at 5g it did nothing to me! Once I upped to a full serving size I could tell it was working! How could I tell it was working you may ask? Well I mixed my ResurrectPM in a shaker and sipped on it while I did some bedtime reading. Once I finished drinking RPM I brushed my teeth and hit the sack, this is all I remember. I ended up waking up an hour earlier than normal and feeling refreshed and well rested. This was the normal with RPM for most of the run. There was a few occasion where I had eaten later than usual and thus was not 30min before drinking RPM. This caused me to have trouble falling asleep and a slightly unrestful night. After this happened I knew why you shouldn't eat 30 min prior to drinking RPM.

I have a 1 year old daughter and she sometimes wakes up at 2-3am. On these occasions I could tell that RPM was working because even with my sleep being interrupted I would fall right back to sleep and continue to feel rested and recovered from the previous gym session in the morning.

Recover: 8. DOMS was reduced significantly.

Sleep: 8. Sleep like a baby and still feel good if you get woken up mid sleep. Make sure not to eat within 30 min of consuming.

Refreshed: 8. Imagine waking up earlier than you normally do and feel good as new, ready for the new day! I typically wake up feeling groggy and maybe a tad bit moody. With RPM my mornings started off clear and happy!

Decent value! 30 bucks for something that works and will essentially last you 5 weeks. You get 25 servings and only take it 5 out of 7 days.

Side Effects

If you eat make sure you wait 30 minutes prior drinking RPM, if not you might have some trouble falling asleep and not have such a good night's sleep.

Conclusion

Resurrect PM is a solid product that delivers in Recovery, Sleep and a refreshed feeling in the morning. The only other thing that I can think of is making the tub 30 servings. Again Thanks to RCSS for putting such a solid product out and listening to the feedback of reviewers.
  • Cherry Limeade: 9/10

Overall
Overall
6.9
  January 23, 2016

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Relaxed
  • Well Balanced Sleep Aid Ingredients
  • Deep Restful Sleep
  • Effective For Putting You Out
  • Deep Rem Sleep
  • Tired/drowsy In The Morning
  • A Few Odd Nights Of Unrest
  • Did Not Notice Much Recovery
  • Do Not Eat About An Hour Before Dosing
Thanks to SR.com and BigRon and his crew for putting this out there for trial. It is awesome to see that this product was reworked in an effort to improve upon it's effectiveness as well - nice work making adjustments.

When I saw this product come up for review I was pretty excited. When I first became TROOP eligible I had noted this as a product I would like to try. So when it slid my way I claimed it as fast as I could. After noticing that this product was reworked I was really looking forward to that too. I liked the idea of the TR Leucine and instaminos. One final note, I had just finished using G8, another sleep aid/recovery supplement and was hoping to see how this product compared.

KUDOS to RCSS for the FULL LABEL DISCLOSURE on their product. Some times, there are some things, that you just need to know how much you are taking into your body. 4-Amino-3-phenyl-butyric acid or PHENIBUT is one of those things. As I pointed out in my review for G8, Phenibut has been found to be addictive in some cases. If you do some internet research you will find plenty of information on it and I will provide a few links for you to peruse: (http://journals.lww.com/psychopharmacology/Citation/2010/10000/Withdrawal_Symptoms_After_Internet_Purchase_of.37.aspx) (http://www.amjmed.com/article/S0002-9343(14)00284-8/fulltext)

RCSS notes that there is about 500mg of Phenibut in each full serving. RCSS is giving you a heads up - put on your big boy/girl pants and use this supplement appropriately...

Another aspect of this supplement I found interesting is the Leucine. They have a Leucine "trifecta" that includes some instaaminos and some time released stuff. The thought behind this is your body is getting the benefit of leucine now and later - up to 2 hours after taking this stuff.

You can read about all the other stuff in here on your own - it has some ZMA, some other specific sleep aid stuff (GABA and Mucuna Pruriens), and some additional aminos.

I would say fully indicating the constituents and the dosing of this product is on point.

Taste was terrific, really. Cherry limeade was good and it mixed okay. I had to add a little water and swish it to get the powder left over.

The label warns you to take this intermittently - in this case 5 of 7 days a week - most likely due to the phenibut. I followed this, even with previous experience with phenibut. I would try to sync up my days of not using this with "off days."

I started out with a half dose and felt like I was getting inconsistent/poor results. After a couple of nights I bumped it up to a full scoop and the results were better but still inconsistent. More on this to follow... I will close out this section by saying 1 dose of this product CAN BE EFFECTIVE AS A SLEEP AID!

I used this product for the first few weeks and was extremely frustrated. I wasn't getting to sleep any faster - if anything it was taking longer, I wasn't sleeping any more sound, and I wasn't waking up refreshed. I was actually dreading taking this stuff for an extended period of time. In fact, I felt as if this container was never going to end.

I read a couple other reviews and double checked the label and decided to discontinue the before bed snack - typically a casein shake or something like that.

I noticed that after stopping that late night snack that the supplement was far more effective as a sleep aid. I was typically asleep within a half hour of taking the scoop and hitting the bed. I noticed I was sleeping deeper than I was without taking it and generally sleeping through the night.

As for the RESURRECTION - it sort of missed there. While using this supplement, I would wake up groggy and struggle to get out of bed. Also, there was little evidence of GH Support that I noticed. I am sure that the additional aminos helped with recovery; however, during the time I used this I saw little to know impact on the DOMS I was experiencing.

I can only state that this product is fully effective as a sleep aid.

I will update this review if there is a better price out there for this product but I could only find this NEW VERSION here: http://www.ronniecoleman.net/resurrect-p-m.html and it is priced out at 49.99. This makes it about $2/serving. I know 25 servings is the recommended dose for a month but a serving is a serving so it is $2 a serving. This seems kind of pricey for a sleep aid, in my opinion. The old formula seems to be more widely available at a better price. Perhaps this will be the case for this stuff in the future.

One thing I will state - there seems to be more than 25 servings in this tub! Maybe that is due to me half scooping it a while or maybe there is more in there than stated.

Side Effects

Groggy in the morning - regardless of how I fell asleep...

Conclusion

Value kills this one for me. I think this works as a sleep aid. Even with the morning grogginess, getting sound sleep is important. It is your responsibility to peel yourself out of bed, right? Big Ron crafted a solid sleep aid - hopefully the price can get down to a point on this new formula to get closer to that $1 per serving range.
  • Cherry Limeade: 9/10

Overall
Overall
6.9
  January 19, 2016

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Quick Recovery
  • Well Balanced Sleep Aid Ingredients
  • Deep Rem Sleep
  • Too Tired In The Morning
  • Tired/drowsy In The Morning

I would first like to say thank you to the SR TROOPS and big Ronnie Coleman for making this product available for review.
This was a tough one for me to rate. For a product such as this, I look for better sleep quality sleep, and in turn better recovery. Although this delivered in those aspects, I'll explain below why I gave it the rating I did.

First off, props for listing everything in full doses. I'll post a picture in the review of the label, so I won't go to in depth, but I think everything is dosed pretty solid. I thought it was interesting they included aminos and a "leucine trifecta". Giving the muscles a little something to feed on while you sleep is never a bad thing I suppose.

I had strawberry watermelon, and I thought it was great. Tasted exactly how it sounds. Mixability was average, though on par with other similar products I've used. A little settling if you don't chug it. Just add an extra swish of water at the end and you're good to go. No issues here.
First off the label recommends 5 days on 2 off. The actual dosing for me was tricky. Started with a half scoop, and got not much. Upped it to one scoop the next day, and it was far to heavy. I slept through my alarm, which is very obnoxiously loud, for 20 minutes. And I never do that. I found about 3/4 scoop was all I needed.

This is were it got interesting. Like I mentioned earlier, what I mainly look for in a sleep aid is better sleep, and better recovery. I'm prepping for a meet, and as the weight gets heavier I feel I need more rest days in between workouts. This definitely added in that, and i had noticeable improvement in recovery when I took this, which I am missing now that it's been gone. The problem was most days while I did feel I recovered and slept well, I just had the worst sleep hangover, which I'll get into below.
I don't feel this really helped me fall asleep, but I don't usually have a problem with that anyway unless I took a PWO to late at night.
This did deliver for me, I just had a hard time finding an effective dose that was worth the side effect of being shot all day

This is decent value in my opinion. You can get 25 servings for $25.99 on Amazon, so just over a dollar a serving. If you can get away with less than a scoop like I did, the value only goes up. I think it's fairly priced.

Side Effects

This is the real draw back for me. I thought I've had a sleep hangover from other similar products, but nothing like this. I literally could not wake up. I took until about 12-1 in the afternoon to actually be fully alert, which was miserable, and I drive a truck, so you can see how this could be a problem. I really struggled to finish this, because even though it worked wonders, it just wasn't worth being half asleep all day. I also found the I had a hard time falling asleep for almost week after I stopped using this, which is rare for me, so worth noting. I'm sure this is why it's recommended you take 2 days off.

Conclusion

Overall, I don't think I'd look to this one again. There are other similar products out there that don't leave me tired all day. However I do know a lot of people like this product, and I've enjoyed other RCSS products, so this could just be an off one for me. It does work well in terms of recovery, so give it a go if your looking for something new, but don't be surprised if you don't wake up the next day.
  • Strawberry Watermelon: 8/10

January 13, 2016

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Deep Restful Sleep
  • Relaxed
  • No Sleep Hangover
  • Dosing

Back at again with a review for Ronnie Coleman Signature Series' Resurrect PM. This is a sleep/recovery product aimed at helping you attain a deeper REM sleep during the night, which in theory, will help you produce HGH, recovery more quickly, and wake up feeling more refreshed. I took this in conjunction with RCSS' Testogen XR, and for the first couple of weeks a fat burner. For the first couple of weeks I was on a cut and the last 2 or so weeks I was on a bulking/strength routine. For any comparison sake, I am 34 years old, 5'9" and during this run I started at 174 lbs and ended at 170 lbs. I have been lifting for about 14 years now and have used a lot of sleep and recovery aids before, my favorites being MassHGH and PowerFULL. I have used the old formula of this product so I can provide some insight on how it compares to the old formula. On to the review!

I have attached the supplement facts for the new formula to review. Overall the formula is similar to the old version, except they have taken out the creatine (good call) and added some aminos (good call). As with Testogen XR, I can tell RCSS has listened to some consumers, did research etc., and are actively improving their formulas which I applaud. The profile starts off with some vitamins, being B, C, and E is some pretty standard doses. These vitamins are always welcome as they are a great help to our everyday health and well-being. From there, the profile is split into three categories: Sleep and relaxation, Aminos, and ZMA.

ZMA: Not too much to say here, ZMA has been around for awhile and this blend of zinc, magnesium, and B vitamins has been shown to provide restful sleep as well as maybe provide some testosterone support as well. This can be pretty cheap as a standalone but I like that they included it.

Aminos: This is where they changed the formula a little bit. Here we have a full gram of arginine, which is in quite a few other sleep aids and helps relaxation, etc. With this, also 500 mg of some EAAs like Theanine for relaxation as well, and some BCAAs valine and isoleucine. The star of the show here though is the Leucine supplementation. We have 500 mg of regular leucine in instamino form, but then 1.5 grams of ActivTR Leucine which is supposed to be time released and be ingested into your system throughout the night, probably to prevent any muscle break down while fasting. Either way, it's 2 grams of leucine with some EAAs which is a nice tough, even if in some lower doses, to help your body repair the breakdown at night. Top this all off with some HICA, a leucine metabolite that prevents break down and this is a nice little addition to a sleep product.

Sleep and Relaxation: Three ingredients in total, all well known to the sleep game. A healthy dose of Mucuna Pruriens at 1000 mg, and then GABA and Phenibut at 500 mg a piece. All of these are ingredients that are supposed to help you achieve a much deeper, more restful sleep resulting in more REM sleep, and thus HGH production. With the better sleep, comes better recovery and feeling better every morning. Phenibut is actually a version of GABA, which supposedly is much better at crossing the blood-brain barrier and more effective. A lot of research has shown that it may become habit forming however, and thus probably the dosing protocols for this supplement which I will discuss later.

Definitely some pros and cons here.

Pros: Cherry limeade flavor tasted great, mixed very well in just a little bit of water (I hate drinking a lot before bed).

Cons: Dosing says you should use 5 days of the week, two days off. This is most likely because of the Phenibut, to prevent any one becoming dependent on this product. I feel as though this is a pain, as it leaves a lot up to the user. Which 5 days? Would I get more out of this product when I take this on big lifts? In reality it probably doesn't make much of a difference but I chose to take this Mon-Fri, weekends off because I can sleep in on those days most of the time anyhow. I usually do legs on the weekend though and thats where you start doubting yourself regarding dosing. Like I said it probbaly doesn't make much of difference in the long run but other products are pop 4 pills before bed everyday and be done, dosing it definitely more complicated than other. Oh, and there's dyes. Boo.

Overall, this product really worked for me. On night I took this I did achieve much deeper sleep as I did have much more vivid dreams. My fiance even asked me one morning "What were you dreaming last night? You woke me up talking in your sleep." So, the vivid dreams were definitely there. I was still tired when I got up, but once done with all the usual morning prep, etc and at work I did feel great. Definitely focused, clear, etc.

As far as recovery goes in terms of DOMS and soreness, it's hard to tell. I was using NutraBio IntraBlast during some of this run, and I can tell you by upcoming review of that product, it REALLY helped with DOMS. But my muscle soreness never lingered longer than I thought it should, nor did it intensify worse than what I expected. I would say Resurrect PM was effective to some degree in helping my muscles recover, which a good night's sleep and some aminos should do.

This product worked for me, so it has value right there. It costs anywhere in the $32-35 range and has 25 servings. That number of servings is a little weird, but if you follow the 5 days on 2 days off protocol it'll get you over a month so the value is actually pretty good on this product.

Side Effects

I'm happy to report no ill side effects such as grogginess, dependency, etc.

Conclusion

This is a very nice product. It worked for me in giving me a great nights sleep and I believe helped in my muscle recovery. Is it my favorite sleep product? I can't say that, as when you do all the pros and cons, dosing, etc. I think some are just as effective without the hassle. However, RCSS does frequently have some nice deals on retailer sites and if it were to pop up I wouldn't hesitate to snatch it up again.

Overall
Overall
9.1
9.2
  September 20, 2015

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Relaxed
  • Happy
  • Quick Recovery
  • Well Balanced Sleep Aid Ingredients
  • Deep Restful Sleep
  • Deep Rem Sleep
  • Minor Clumps And Residue

Here I am with another overdue review! Once again thanks to SR TROOP and RCSS for providing me the opportunity to try this product out. I'm very glad I did. I used this mostly as recommended, with a week off here and there due to family vacations and stuff. It gave me a good baseline on which to evaluate this product at least. The only other stuff I was taking with this was PWO, Protein, BCAA, multi, etc. Due to the nature of my job, I tend to be a night owl and toss and turn every night. I sleep, but I constantly wake up every hour or so to turn over or something along those lines. I actually had a sleep study done a few months back to see if anything was wrong, and there wasn't. Guess this is just how I sleep. Long story short I tend to not sleep deep consistently so a product like this always gets me excited. I haven't had the best luck in the past with sleep supplements, so I went into this one not expecting anything too different. This one will be a little long, but I want to make sure I give it all the credit it deserves.

I think you can click the tab on the left of your screen to take a look at the product label. This supplement is highlighted by your typical ingredients; Zinc, Magnesium, GABA, Mucana Puriens. I could definitely feel the Mucana Puriens giving me that "happy" feeling. It also has a prop blend called "Growth and Repair Complex", which contains HICA, creatine gluconate, L-Phenylalanine, and a few other ingredients. Usually I dislike prop blends, but in a product like this one, it doesn't bother me too much.

I had the strawberry-watermelon flavor and I have to say it is just about a 10 for me. I actually found myself craving this stuff toward the end of the night. It's legit delicious in my opinion, especially when mixed with some nice cold water. The mixability was good but not great. Residue would quickly sink to the bottom after mixing. I usually used a vortex electric mixer bottle or typical shaker bottle, and the result was the same. Just mix it and drink it quickly and you will be fine!

Dosing was pretty easy. Use 1 scoop before bed on an empty stomach. I usually did a little over level amount per scoop. Not a full heaping one, but just shy of that. I never really played around with the dosing because I didn't want to mess myself up in the morning. The amount I took always seemed to workout just right.

As I stated above, this is 100% going to be my new go-to sleep supplement. I would always take this right before I'd go upstairs to go to bed, and always on an empty stomach as the label states. On an average night I usually get anywhere from 6-8 hours of sleep. I tested this supplement out with all different amounts of sleep, and it gave me very consistent results. Within half an hour of taking it, I would feel my eyes start to get heavy, and almost get a euphoric feeling. It was like I could feel my body telling me, "Time to go night night." I would roll over, get comfy, and that was it. Out cold. I usually struggle to get a good nights sleep, but this all changed thanks to Resurrect PM. I would occasionally wake up to go pee pee, but I would not consider this a negative side effect, as I am getting old and this is something I deal with one way or another. While asleep, I had the some of the most vivid dreams I have ever had. It was pretty nuts, but it didn't bother me. The weird part about it is that sometimes I tend to have those crazy dreams like I'm free falling or some crazy crap like that which would wake me up, but all my dreams on this stuff were pleasant and vivid, never anything that would cause me to jolt awake. I never really suffered any type of sleep hangovers either, which was amazing. Regardless of how much I slept, I felt completely re-energized the next day. I will admit, it was a little difficult to physically get out of the bed due to the deep sleep, but as soon as I stood up, i was good to go! Lately I have just been having some coffee in the morning and PWO before workouts. Cutting down on the caffeine. There were a few days though after taking Resurrect-PM that I didn't even need any caffeine in the morning at all. AMAZING!

As far as product claims go, here they are:
Recovery and Anabolic Growth Support
Promotes Deep and Restful REM Sleep
Supports Lean Muscle Growth

This product was able to achieve all these claims in my opinion. Some people might read it differently, but I think RCSS did the right thing throwing in that key word, "SUPPORT". I, for one, felt all these claims were met simply because it got me to sleep deeply, which I know supports muscle growth. It also supports me having awesome workouts the next day, which supports more growth! And so turns the wheel of gains. Or something like that.

About $32 for 30 servings is a good value. With the 5 on 2 off schedule, this product will last you over a month, and I don't see ever needing more than 1 scoop. In fact, some people may be able to get away with less than one scoop with this stuff, which would really increase the value.

Side Effects

None to really speak of. I'm sure if I took this stuff and then had to wake up after only 4 hours or something like that, I'd probably be in trouble, but they clearly state on the label to expect at least 6 hours of sleep when taking this supplement. That piece of advice proved extremely accurate for me.

Conclusion

Well I think that about covers it! RCSS really hit a home run here. Like I said, I have tried quite a few sleep supplements, and they have been big misses for me every time. I'll definitely be buying this product with my own money again in the future. The amount of energy it has provided me with the next day is pretty amazing. Thanks for hanging with me to the end if you did, and thanks so much to RCSS and the TROOP program for introducing me to this product!
  • Strawberry Watermelon: 10/10

September 15, 2015

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Relaxed
  • Quick Recovery
  • Well Balanced Sleep Aid Ingredients
  • Deep Restful Sleep
  • Deep Rem Sleep
  • Uniterrupted Sleep
  • Difficult To Scoop
Here's a review of Ronnie Coleman's Signature Series (RCSS) sleep aid; Resurrect-PM. First off, big thanks to the SR Trooper program for all the product opportunities to review, and BIG thanks to the Big Ronnie himself for getting this and other products out to us, for some unbiased reviewing! This is a supplement I didn't realize I needed, but now I'm a believer in the importance of QUALITY rest and recovery! After working the graveyard shift for almost 6 years, I recently got moved to the 3rd Watch "Swing Shift" (2pm-10pm). When I was on graveyards, caffeine was a staple both on and off the job. I would sleep maybe 4-5 hours a day, often times in broken up segments. Now that I sleep at night like a normal human, I've been trying to cut my caffeine consumption to strictly pre-workouts (taken pre-workout). A good night's rest can make the difference between NEEDING a morning cup of coffee, to just wanting one.

PROFILE- 8.499999
The label is clearly broken down, with the "big dogs" of any sleep/GH Supplement listed in their dosage. Zinc, Magnesium, Mucuna Pruriens, GABA, Phenibut are all listed in their dosages, as well as 1000mg of L-Arganine thrown in. Nice addition! The second blend is a 3289mg "GrowtH & Repair Complex" with a couple of creatines and and stuff in the mix. I felt this was a fine profile for such a supplement.
This product was a white color, and there seemed to be just a little dye to it, not much. It mixed like any RCSS product I've tried, slight graininess, opaque, minor settling on the bottom. It did clump and harden after a few weeks. Still mixed just fine. I tried the Strawberry Watermelon; man that's some delicious stuff!!! Really, Ronnie Coleman's products are some of the best tasting on the market!

EFFECTIVENESS- 8
Do you remember as a teenager when you'd crash right out, then wake up ready to take on the world? And not have to force yourself out of bed, dragging ass until you get some coffee? I do, and this brought me back to those days! I would take a level scoop of this when I got home at night, which was usually around 11-11:20pm. Then shower, change, and hop into bed. I don't feel it made me drowsy and knocked me out; it just seemed more like a relaxed state. It made going to sleep easier for me. It's hard to describe, it wasn't a Nyquil or sleep-pill feeling. I'm the guy who will lay in bed, then start thinking of random stuff to look up on my phone like "how long can dolphins submerge", or I'll read Wikipedia articles on movies, or Yelp reviews, or conspiracy theories! Not when I take this, I'm off to sleep, then wake up feeling like a million dollars! I would wake up refreshed, with a natural energy to take on the day. This helped me taper off from so much caffeine intake. I feel it helped me stay in a deep sleep, with better rest from it. I usually don't dream much, and if I do, I don't remember it for long. This didn't change that for me. Once in a while I'd wake up to use the toilet, but then right back into bed. As for Anabolic Growth Support and Lean Muscle Growth (as stated on the label) I don't feel i got swole on this, but i really didn't expect to. But better rest = better workouts! I didn't think this would help with muscle recovery, but with this past week of not using it, my body feels more sore, or sore-er, you get what i mean.

SIDE EFFECTS-8
Very little sides to say of this product. I was worried about a "Nyquil" hangover, but it didn't happen to me. I had no trouble waking up in the morning, except for a few times when I probably shouldn't have taken it. For instance, a few weeks ago I stayed for a double shift. I got home around 7am, and I wanted to wake up around 1pm because I didn't want to spend my days off in bed. I shouldn't have taken it, but I did. My wife wakes me up around 11am to see if I wanted to have lunch with our kids, and of course I couldn't resist. I felt goofy and my legs felt wobbly!!! After some caffeine I felt a little more normal, but I think this is my fault! Other than that, no other sides to complain about.

VALUE-8.5
This one runs the full spectrum of real cheap, to real expensive! After a quick search online, I found it as low as 25$, all the way up to almost 50$!!!! The label says 25 servings per container, but I think I got a few more out of the tub. Matter of fact, in the last few TRooper orders I think I've gotten more servings then is stated! Next product, I think I'll mark a check-list on the tub, each time i take a scoop. Am I the only one who thinks this is happening? I digress. The deals are out there, and I'd be willing to jump on this again. Hell, I'd get it just to taste that flavor!

OVERALL- 8.5
If you are like me, and lay in bed thinking about the mysteries of the universe, I highly recommend this product! I don't think it directly added muscle mass or changed body composition. But it sure helped getting good rest, and in turn, getting some good workouts in. We only spend 1-2 hours in the gym. The remainder of the day is just as important to our health and well-being. Medina out
  • Strawberry Watermelon: 10/10

September 8, 2015

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Relaxed
  • Quick Recovery
  • Well Balanced Sleep Aid Ingredients
  • Deep Restful Sleep
  • Deep Rem Sleep
  • Uniterrupted Sleep
  • No Sleep Hangover

Alright time for another SR TROOP review and the supplement at topic today is Resurrect-PM by the Ronnie Coleman Signature Series (RCSS). Resurrect-PM is a nighttime recovery supplement. This is a category I've never ventured into so I'm excited to write this review for y'all!

Ingredient profile

Some noticeable ingredients you can see by the attached picture are GABA, L-Arginine, Phenibut and Mucuna Pruriens all transparently dosed. There's also a GrowtH & Repair Complex which is highlighted by HICA and Phenibut with many other ingredients at undisclosed doses.

I really do like the majority of the formula, obviously I will knock the proprietary blend as usual. I wish the amount of L-Dopa was disclosed in the Mucuna Pruriens since it's such a key ingredient imo.

Taste
    The flavor I received was Strawberry Watermelon and man was it some good stuff. A+ on the flavor

One thing I noticed is the powder was very hard and I had to dig it out of the container with the scoop the whole time. Not an issue for me but wasn't anything I've experienced before with other powders. No mixability issues to report.

Dosage

RCSS recommends 1 scoop 30 minutes before bed on an empty stomach. 12oz of water served me best in a shaker cup. RCSS also recommends to follow a 5 day protocol with a 2 day break. I followed this the whole way. I also tried 1.5-2 scoops on a few occasions but did not notice an immediate difference.

Sleep is the king of recovery along with your nutrition. I work in the medical profession and I'm on call many times unfortunately. So deep quality sleep is so vital for me to get through the day and to have mental sharpness at all times. Of course this is a sports supplement though so obviously you're more interested in that aspect.

Within 30 minutes of taking my Resurrect-PM I was ready to hit the sheets hard. Within 10 minutes of shutting my eyes I was out and never woke up during the night. I go to bed around 11pm and wake up at 5am to hit the gym every morning. My body has become accustomed to 6 hours of sleep and never had an issue with it. With Ressurect-PM I woke up better than I ever have. Mental clarity and feeling mentally refreshed each and every day. And of course with the improved sleep quality came better recovery from my workouts.

Also a warning from me is be careful because I slept through my alarm on this three times! Something that never happens!

Resurrect-PM has a good value rating for me. With smart shopping you can find it for around $31 coming in at $1.24 per serving. Not bad for a supplement that I saw increased recovery and deep quality sleep with.

Conclusion

I can recommend Ressurect-PM to anyone looking to increase their recovery and sleep quality. However this is something you should really cycle on and off of. It would be terrible to build a dependency to fall asleep with this or any supplement.
    • Strawberry Watermelon: 9/10