Ranks #5 (better than 90%)
In: Growth Enhancers > Nighttime Sleep Formulas

Resurrect PM is a Nighttime Sleep Formula manufactured by Ronnie Coleman Signature Series. It is designed to be used before bed time. It promotes restful sleep, increases REM sleep and helps the body attain an optimal state for muscle recovery and growth.

Growth Enhancers > Nighttime Sleep Formulas

jake-martin
  October 31, 2016

I'm a heavy lifter, mainly in the ~5 rep range with some higher rep outs (ie Wendler's 5,3,1 is my go-to template) as well as a competitive combat sports enthusiast, so lots of short bursts of intense activity. Also been incorporating lots of recovery work (longer 30-60 min walks, as much for my dog's health as my own recovery) so sleep supplements are higher on my list for recovery purposes.

Solid ingredient profile, the Maca and Phenibut are the standouts here and primarily where I feel the effectiveness comes from. The problem is that Phenibut builds tolerance FAST, and dependency issues show up within as few as 2-3 days for some unlucky folks, so it MUST be cycled. The recommendation from the manufacturer is 5 on / 2 off, but I feel that's probably a little too liberal for some. Though the Phenibut dosage is only 500mg, and we don't know if that's HCL or FAA (some say FAA is more potent bioavailability wise), I'd still keep it to 2-3 days a week to stay safe with keeping effectiveness and avoiding dependency/tolerance issues.

Also includes GABA, but I don't believe it passes the blood brain barrier much at all - though combined with Phenibut, which is essentially GABA which can pass the blood brain barrier, that may very well increase the effectiveness.

Finally, there's the "Leucine Trifecta" which consists of instant release and "time release" L-Leucine. I'm a big proponent of supplemental L-Leucine to increase protein absorption, so I love this inclusion though it pretty much requires as pre-bed protein source (which I like to time ~30 minutes after the Resurrect PM, after taking Resurrect on an empty stomach).

Terrible at mixing, I like to keep it shot-level as far as liquid size goes...because if you combine 8oz for this product + another 8-12oz for a pre-bed protein shake, the urge to get up and take a leak is annoying. So if you're like me, you end up with a bunch of clumps you have to toss and wash - which isn't bad, but its mixed strong flavor wise so prepare for some tart-ness and a very blue mouth.

Very effective, you don't so much notice it if you go to bed within an hour of taking it as suggested, since Phenibut tends to take 2-5 hours to kick in. You'll definitely notice your deep sleep levels increase, I track mine with a movement based sensor so I can tell the difference. Won't knock you out, but it'll put you in deep sleep and keep you there.

Value isn't bad, considering you have to cycle it so the 25 doses per container lasts much longer than you'd think. Compared to bulk Maca and bulk Phenibut, though, it's not a great value. For convenience and flavor, a "one stop shop" sleep supplement, it increases the value quite a bit. $1 a night isn't too bad in my opinion.

Side Effects

None noticed, though if you're particularly affected by Phenibut expect a next day "afterglow" which can be quite pleasant (low level euphoria, anxiolytic properties).

Conclusion

Overall, I'm pleased and was surprised by how much I enjoyed the product. I'm done with my bottle, having dosed at both recommended (1 scoop) and higher level (3-5 scoop, granted I was definitely pushing into "recreational after glow" territory here and don't recommend it, just buy bulk Phenibut for this purpose!) and will likely pick up another in the future. Not a constant product, but one I'll cycle in-and-out so I have it maybe once or twice a week, with other supplements to - well, supplement it, on off days.
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Relaxed
  • Happy
  • Well Balanced Sleep Aid Ingredients
  • No Sleep Hangover
  • Uniterrupted Sleep
  • Deep Rem Sleep
  • Some Ingredients Are Definitely Underdosed
  • Price Could Be Better
  • Didn't Knock Me Out
  • Blue Razz: 7/10
pancow
TROOPer Level: 67
  June 23, 2016

Thanks to Ronnie Coleman Signature Series for sending it out!

Hello SR. Here to review a sleep aid supplement that has muscle recovery benefits as well. First I would like to thank the Ronnie Coleman Signature Series team for allowing me to review this product, and the SR TROOPs program for making the connection possible. Resurrect PM was a pretty effective night time product that honestly did support further muscle recovery. Please note that I finished Lunar prior to using this supplement. Been catching up on reviews.

Resurrect doesn't just contain a few ingredients, and is instead packed full of aminos, minerals, and ingredients known to be effective for relaxing the body and encouraging restful sleep. The label is fully disclosed except for the ZMA blend, which was fine for me since it doesn't contain ingredients such as caffeine within the blend or anything.

The first complex is the sleep and relaxation complex, which is composed of mucuna pruriens, GABA, and phenibut. I liked the gram of mucuna pruriens because this ingredient is also known for supporting HGH production. It's not a large amount, but I was using a test booster that had this ingredient as well so it was an ideal stack for me.

The muscle recovery was made possible due to the abundance of BCAAs and other amino acids working together. There's even a specific portion of the label for leucine, which I'm sure everyone knows is the most important BCAA of the 3. The interesting ingredient was the time released leucine at 1,500mg. This is of course good to have since your body is fasting for however long if you're sleeping enough hours.

All in all a nice ingredient profile that promotes extended recovery more than sleep in my opinion.

I chose the cherry limeade flavor which wasn't too bad drinking, but the after taste did linger to where I ate a pretzel or something to scrape it off my tongue eventually.

Mixing was pretty well. The supplement does leave a lot of settling at the bottom of the shaker so I had to constantly swirl it before each swig. A lot of supplements are like this because of the ingredients so it's not an issue. Just remember to swirl and drink lol

Dosing was supposed to be one scoop per serving, but after weighing the grams for the scoop after another user brought it up sure enough I had a bad batch with the scoop as well. I informed the RCSS team and they assured me the issue had been brought up with the manufacturer. Would have probably been a bigger issue if the scoop was overdosing instead of under dosing. I followed the directions of using only 5 days per week, so I consumed Resurrect PM each training night more for recovery purposes.

As mentioned the muscle soreness I usually wake up to was significantly decreased enough to where I can say it was indeed the supplement. Obviously it's not a miracle supplement or anything, but I did feel much better upon waking - especially after squat and deadlift days. Sleep wise I did fall into a deep slumber, but when I had to wake up there was no issue with drowsiness or anything. The supplement didn't help me fall asleep or anything, just seemed to keep me knocked out once I did finally feel like resting.

You get 25 servings with Resurrect, and the lowest price I found it sold for was on Amazon for $30.00. This isn't too bad per serving, but I feel it might as well be 30 servings each container to even it out to a dollar every use. Still not bad to spend $30 on if you have the extra money for evening recovery supplements.

Side Effects

None to report

Conclusion

Resurrect was a well rounded supplement that boosts the recovery process even further if you get enough sleep while using it. I'd recommend giving this supplement a try if you want a deeper sleep and to wake up with your body feeling more refreshed. Thanks again for letting me review your supplement RCSS.
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Deep Restful Sleep
  • Relaxed
  • Deep Rem Sleep
  • Quick Recovery
  • Significant Muscle Recovery
  • Minor Clumps And Residue
  • Price Could Be Better
  • Cherry Limeade: 8/10
PiccoloPete
  June 21, 2016

Thanks to Ronnie Coleman Signature Series for sending it out!

(About yourself, 1-3 sentences maximum)
First off a Big Thank you to BigRon, RCSS and their Director of Marketing Derek. My tub of Resurrect PM contained the wrong scooper size and I had to manually weigh each serving. Derek had a good explanation and RCSS have now taken care of the issue, and have also taken matters into their own hands to avoid future problems.

I will not go into detail because previous reviewers have shed plenty of insight on the profile, and how each ingredient works/should work. I will however give RCSS BigProps for having a fully disclosed label.

Taste: I had the Cherry Limeade and in 8 oz. of water it was a tab bit sweet, in 16oz it was damn delicious.

Mixability is fine; you get some slight foam that dissipates rather quickly. You also get some sediment at the bottom but a little swoosh on the last drink should get that out.

Dosing: The label states that you should not take this for more than 5 out of 7 days of the week. It also recommends that you should start with 1/2 (5g). I did start this at 5g for the first couple days but didn't notice much of an effect so I went into the full serving (10g) as I mentioned before I had to manually weigh each serving. No big deal! After seeing this happen to many other companies, I now recommend everyone to make sure you weigh your supplements to make sure you are injesting the correct serving size.

Like I mentioned at 5g it did nothing to me! Once I upped to a full serving size I could tell it was working! How could I tell it was working you may ask? Well I mixed my ResurrectPM in a shaker and sipped on it while I did some bedtime reading. Once I finished drinking RPM I brushed my teeth and hit the sack, this is all I remember. I ended up waking up an hour earlier than normal and feeling refreshed and well rested. This was the normal with RPM for most of the run. There was a few occasion where I had eaten later than usual and thus was not 30min before drinking RPM. This caused me to have trouble falling asleep and a slightly unrestful night. After this happened I knew why you shouldn't eat 30 min prior to drinking RPM.

I have a 1 year old daughter and she sometimes wakes up at 2-3am. On these occasions I could tell that RPM was working because even with my sleep being interrupted I would fall right back to sleep and continue to feel rested and recovered from the previous gym session in the morning.

Recover: 8. DOMS was reduced significantly.

Sleep: 8. Sleep like a baby and still feel good if you get woken up mid sleep. Make sure not to eat within 30 min of consuming.

Refreshed: 8. Imagine waking up earlier than you normally do and feel good as new, ready for the new day! I typically wake up feeling groggy and maybe a tad bit moody. With RPM my mornings started off clear and happy!

Decent value! 30 bucks for something that works and will essentially last you 5 weeks. You get 25 servings and only take it 5 out of 7 days.

Side Effects

If you eat make sure you wait 30 minutes prior drinking RPM, if not you might have some trouble falling asleep and not have such a good night's sleep.

Conclusion

Resurrect PM is a solid product that delivers in Recovery, Sleep and a refreshed feeling in the morning. The only other thing that I can think of is making the tub 30 servings. Again Thanks to RCSS for putting such a solid product out and listening to the feedback of reviewers.
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Quick Recovery
  • Well Balanced Sleep Aid Ingredients
  • Deep Restful Sleep
  • No Sleep Hangover
  • A Few Odd Nights Of Unrest
  • Cherry Limeade: 9/10
nowaydude
  January 23, 2016

Thanks to Ronnie Coleman Signature Series for sending it out!
Thanks to SR.com and BigRon and his crew for putting this out there for trial. It is awesome to see that this product was reworked in an effort to improve upon it's effectiveness as well - nice work making adjustments.

When I saw this product come up for review I was pretty excited. When I first became TROOP eligible I had noted this as a product I would like to try. So when it slid my way I claimed it as fast as I could. After noticing that this product was reworked I was really looking forward to that too. I liked the idea of the TR Leucine and instaminos. One final note, I had just finished using G8, another sleep aid/recovery supplement and was hoping to see how this product compared.

KUDOS to RCSS for the FULL LABEL DISCLOSURE on their product. Some times, there are some things, that you just need to know how much you are taking into your body. 4-Amino-3-phenyl-butyric acid or PHENIBUT is one of those things. As I pointed out in my review for G8, Phenibut has been found to be addictive in some cases. If you do some internet research you will find plenty of information on it and I will provide a few links for you to peruse: (http://journals.lww.com/psychopharmacology/Citation/2010/10000/Withdrawal_Symptoms_After_Internet_Purchase_of.37.aspx) (http://www.amjmed.com/article/S0002-9343(14)00284-8/fulltext)

RCSS notes that there is about 500mg of Phenibut in each full serving. RCSS is giving you a heads up - put on your big boy/girl pants and use this supplement appropriately...

Another aspect of this supplement I found interesting is the Leucine. They have a Leucine "trifecta" that includes some instaaminos and some time released stuff. The thought behind this is your body is getting the benefit of leucine now and later - up to 2 hours after taking this stuff.

You can read about all the other stuff in here on your own - it has some ZMA, some other specific sleep aid stuff (GABA and Mucuna Pruriens), and some additional aminos.

I would say fully indicating the constituents and the dosing of this product is on point.

Taste was terrific, really. Cherry limeade was good and it mixed okay. I had to add a little water and swish it to get the powder left over.

The label warns you to take this intermittently - in this case 5 of 7 days a week - most likely due to the phenibut. I followed this, even with previous experience with phenibut. I would try to sync up my days of not using this with "off days."

I started out with a half dose and felt like I was getting inconsistent/poor results. After a couple of nights I bumped it up to a full scoop and the results were better but still inconsistent. More on this to follow... I will close out this section by saying 1 dose of this product CAN BE EFFECTIVE AS A SLEEP AID!

I used this product for the first few weeks and was extremely frustrated. I wasn't getting to sleep any faster - if anything it was taking longer, I wasn't sleeping any more sound, and I wasn't waking up refreshed. I was actually dreading taking this stuff for an extended period of time. In fact, I felt as if this container was never going to end.

I read a couple other reviews and double checked the label and decided to discontinue the before bed snack - typically a casein shake or something like that.

I noticed that after stopping that late night snack that the supplement was far more effective as a sleep aid. I was typically asleep within a half hour of taking the scoop and hitting the bed. I noticed I was sleeping deeper than I was without taking it and generally sleeping through the night.

As for the RESURRECTION - it sort of missed there. While using this supplement, I would wake up groggy and struggle to get out of bed. Also, there was little evidence of GH Support that I noticed. I am sure that the additional aminos helped with recovery; however, during the time I used this I saw little to know impact on the DOMS I was experiencing.

I can only state that this product is fully effective as a sleep aid.

I will update this review if there is a better price out there for this product but I could only find this NEW VERSION here: http://www.ronniecoleman.net/resurrect-p-m.html and it is priced out at 49.99. This makes it about $2/serving. I know 25 servings is the recommended dose for a month but a serving is a serving so it is $2 a serving. This seems kind of pricey for a sleep aid, in my opinion. The old formula seems to be more widely available at a better price. Perhaps this will be the case for this stuff in the future.

One thing I will state - there seems to be more than 25 servings in this tub! Maybe that is due to me half scooping it a while or maybe there is more in there than stated.

Side Effects

Groggy in the morning - regardless of how I fell asleep...

Conclusion

Value kills this one for me. I think this works as a sleep aid. Even with the morning grogginess, getting sound sleep is important. It is your responsibility to peel yourself out of bed, right? Big Ron crafted a solid sleep aid - hopefully the price can get down to a point on this new formula to get closer to that $1 per serving range.
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Relaxed
  • Well Balanced Sleep Aid Ingredients
  • Deep Restful Sleep
  • Effective For Putting You Out
  • Deep Rem Sleep
  • Tired/drowsy In The Morning
  • A Few Odd Nights Of Unrest
  • Did Not Notice Much Recovery
  • Do Not Eat About An Hour Before Dosing
  • Cherry Limeade: 9/10
killaz5
  January 19, 2016

Thanks to Ronnie Coleman Signature Series for sending it out!

I would first like to say thank you to the SR TROOPS and big Ronnie Coleman for making this product available for review.
This was a tough one for me to rate. For a product such as this, I look for better sleep quality sleep, and in turn better recovery. Although this delivered in those aspects, I'll explain below why I gave it the rating I did.

First off, props for listing everything in full doses. I'll post a picture in the review of the label, so I won't go to in depth, but I think everything is dosed pretty solid. I thought it was interesting they included aminos and a "leucine trifecta". Giving the muscles a little something to feed on while you sleep is never a bad thing I suppose.

I had strawberry watermelon, and I thought it was great. Tasted exactly how it sounds. Mixability was average, though on par with other similar products I've used. A little settling if you don't chug it. Just add an extra swish of water at the end and you're good to go. No issues here.
First off the label recommends 5 days on 2 off. The actual dosing for me was tricky. Started with a half scoop, and got not much. Upped it to one scoop the next day, and it was far to heavy. I slept through my alarm, which is very obnoxiously loud, for 20 minutes. And I never do that. I found about 3/4 scoop was all I needed.

This is were it got interesting. Like I mentioned earlier, what I mainly look for in a sleep aid is better sleep, and better recovery. I'm prepping for a meet, and as the weight gets heavier I feel I need more rest days in between workouts. This definitely added in that, and i had noticeable improvement in recovery when I took this, which I am missing now that it's been gone. The problem was most days while I did feel I recovered and slept well, I just had the worst sleep hangover, which I'll get into below.
I don't feel this really helped me fall asleep, but I don't usually have a problem with that anyway unless I took a PWO to late at night.
This did deliver for me, I just had a hard time finding an effective dose that was worth the side effect of being shot all day

This is decent value in my opinion. You can get 25 servings for $25.99 on Amazon, so just over a dollar a serving. If you can get away with less than a scoop like I did, the value only goes up. I think it's fairly priced.

Side Effects

This is the real draw back for me. I thought I've had a sleep hangover from other similar products, but nothing like this. I literally could not wake up. I took until about 12-1 in the afternoon to actually be fully alert, which was miserable, and I drive a truck, so you can see how this could be a problem. I really struggled to finish this, because even though it worked wonders, it just wasn't worth being half asleep all day. I also found the I had a hard time falling asleep for almost week after I stopped using this, which is rare for me, so worth noting. I'm sure this is why it's recommended you take 2 days off.

Conclusion

Overall, I don't think I'd look to this one again. There are other similar products out there that don't leave me tired all day. However I do know a lot of people like this product, and I've enjoyed other RCSS products, so this could just be an off one for me. It does work well in terms of recovery, so give it a go if your looking for something new, but don't be surprised if you don't wake up the next day.
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Quick Recovery
  • Well Balanced Sleep Aid Ingredients
  • Deep Rem Sleep
  • Too Tired In The Morning
  • Tired/drowsy In The Morning
  • Strawberry Watermelon: 8/10
Vaughn
  January 13, 2016

Thanks to Ronnie Coleman Signature Series for sending it out!

Back at again with a review for Ronnie Coleman Signature Series' Resurrect PM. This is a sleep/recovery product aimed at helping you attain a deeper REM sleep during the night, which in theory, will help you produce HGH, recovery more quickly, and wake up feeling more refreshed. I took this in conjunction with RCSS' Testogen XR, and for the first couple of weeks a fat burner. For the first couple of weeks I was on a cut and the last 2 or so weeks I was on a bulking/strength routine. For any comparison sake, I am 34 years old, 5'9" and during this run I started at 174 lbs and ended at 170 lbs. I have been lifting for about 14 years now and have used a lot of sleep and recovery aids before, my favorites being MassHGH and PowerFULL. I have used the old formula of this product so I can provide some insight on how it compares to the old formula. On to the review!

I have attached the supplement facts for the new formula to review. Overall the formula is similar to the old version, except they have taken out the creatine (good call) and added some aminos (good call). As with Testogen XR, I can tell RCSS has listened to some consumers, did research etc., and are actively improving their formulas which I applaud. The profile starts off with some vitamins, being B, C, and E is some pretty standard doses. These vitamins are always welcome as they are a great help to our everyday health and well-being. From there, the profile is split into three categories: Sleep and relaxation, Aminos, and ZMA.

ZMA: Not too much to say here, ZMA has been around for awhile and this blend of zinc, magnesium, and B vitamins has been shown to provide restful sleep as well as maybe provide some testosterone support as well. This can be pretty cheap as a standalone but I like that they included it.

Aminos: This is where they changed the formula a little bit. Here we have a full gram of arginine, which is in quite a few other sleep aids and helps relaxation, etc. With this, also 500 mg of some EAAs like Theanine for relaxation as well, and some BCAAs valine and isoleucine. The star of the show here though is the Leucine supplementation. We have 500 mg of regular leucine in instamino form, but then 1.5 grams of ActivTR Leucine which is supposed to be time released and be ingested into your system throughout the night, probably to prevent any muscle break down while fasting. Either way, it's 2 grams of leucine with some EAAs which is a nice tough, even if in some lower doses, to help your body repair the breakdown at night. Top this all off with some HICA, a leucine metabolite that prevents break down and this is a nice little addition to a sleep product.

Sleep and Relaxation: Three ingredients in total, all well known to the sleep game. A healthy dose of Mucuna Pruriens at 1000 mg, and then GABA and Phenibut at 500 mg a piece. All of these are ingredients that are supposed to help you achieve a much deeper, more restful sleep resulting in more REM sleep, and thus HGH production. With the better sleep, comes better recovery and feeling better every morning. Phenibut is actually a version of GABA, which supposedly is much better at crossing the blood-brain barrier and more effective. A lot of research has shown that it may become habit forming however, and thus probably the dosing protocols for this supplement which I will discuss later.

Definitely some pros and cons here.

Pros: Cherry limeade flavor tasted great, mixed very well in just a little bit of water (I hate drinking a lot before bed).

Cons: Dosing says you should use 5 days of the week, two days off. This is most likely because of the Phenibut, to prevent any one becoming dependent on this product. I feel as though this is a pain, as it leaves a lot up to the user. Which 5 days? Would I get more out of this product when I take this on big lifts? In reality it probably doesn't make much of a difference but I chose to take this Mon-Fri, weekends off because I can sleep in on those days most of the time anyhow. I usually do legs on the weekend though and thats where you start doubting yourself regarding dosing. Like I said it probbaly doesn't make much of difference in the long run but other products are pop 4 pills before bed everyday and be done, dosing it definitely more complicated than other. Oh, and there's dyes. Boo.

Overall, this product really worked for me. On night I took this I did achieve much deeper sleep as I did have much more vivid dreams. My fiance even asked me one morning "What were you dreaming last night? You woke me up talking in your sleep." So, the vivid dreams were definitely there. I was still tired when I got up, but once done with all the usual morning prep, etc and at work I did feel great. Definitely focused, clear, etc.

As far as recovery goes in terms of DOMS and soreness, it's hard to tell. I was using NutraBio IntraBlast during some of this run, and I can tell you by upcoming review of that product, it REALLY helped with DOMS. But my muscle soreness never lingered longer than I thought it should, nor did it intensify worse than what I expected. I would say Resurrect PM was effective to some degree in helping my muscles recover, which a good night's sleep and some aminos should do.

This product worked for me, so it has value right there. It costs anywhere in the $32-35 range and has 25 servings. That number of servings is a little weird, but if you follow the 5 days on 2 days off protocol it'll get you over a month so the value is actually pretty good on this product.

Side Effects

I'm happy to report no ill side effects such as grogginess, dependency, etc.

Conclusion

This is a very nice product. It worked for me in giving me a great nights sleep and I believe helped in my muscle recovery. Is it my favorite sleep product? I can't say that, as when you do all the pros and cons, dosing, etc. I think some are just as effective without the hassle. However, RCSS does frequently have some nice deals on retailer sites and if it were to pop up I wouldn't hesitate to snatch it up again.
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Relaxed
  • Deep Restful Sleep
  • No Sleep Hangover
  • Dosing
abailey108
  September 20, 2015

Thanks to Ronnie Coleman Signature Series for sending it out!

Here I am with another overdue review! Once again thanks to SR TROOP and RCSS for providing me the opportunity to try this product out. I'm very glad I did. I used this mostly as recommended, with a week off here and there due to family vacations and stuff. It gave me a good baseline on which to evaluate this product at least. The only other stuff I was taking with this was PWO, Protein, BCAA, multi, etc. Due to the nature of my job, I tend to be a night owl and toss and turn every night. I sleep, but I constantly wake up every hour or so to turn over or something along those lines. I actually had a sleep study done a few months back to see if anything was wrong, and there wasn't. Guess this is just how I sleep. Long story short I tend to not sleep deep consistently so a product like this always gets me excited. I haven't had the best luck in the past with sleep supplements, so I went into this one not expecting anything too different. This one will be a little long, but I want to make sure I give it all the credit it deserves.

I think you can click the tab on the left of your screen to take a look at the product label. This supplement is highlighted by your typical ingredients; Zinc, Magnesium, GABA, Mucana Puriens. I could definitely feel the Mucana Puriens giving me that "happy" feeling. It also has a prop blend called "Growth and Repair Complex", which contains HICA, creatine gluconate, L-Phenylalanine, and a few other ingredients. Usually I dislike prop blends, but in a product like this one, it doesn't bother me too much.

I had the strawberry-watermelon flavor and I have to say it is just about a 10 for me. I actually found myself craving this stuff toward the end of the night. It's legit delicious in my opinion, especially when mixed with some nice cold water. The mixability was good but not great. Residue would quickly sink to the bottom after mixing. I usually used a vortex electric mixer bottle or typical shaker bottle, and the result was the same. Just mix it and drink it quickly and you will be fine!

Dosing was pretty easy. Use 1 scoop before bed on an empty stomach. I usually did a little over level amount per scoop. Not a full heaping one, but just shy of that. I never really played around with the dosing because I didn't want to mess myself up in the morning. The amount I took always seemed to workout just right.

As I stated above, this is 100% going to be my new go-to sleep supplement. I would always take this right before I'd go upstairs to go to bed, and always on an empty stomach as the label states. On an average night I usually get anywhere from 6-8 hours of sleep. I tested this supplement out with all different amounts of sleep, and it gave me very consistent results. Within half an hour of taking it, I would feel my eyes start to get heavy, and almost get a euphoric feeling. It was like I could feel my body telling me, "Time to go night night." I would roll over, get comfy, and that was it. Out cold. I usually struggle to get a good nights sleep, but this all changed thanks to Resurrect PM. I would occasionally wake up to go pee pee, but I would not consider this a negative side effect, as I am getting old and this is something I deal with one way or another. While asleep, I had the some of the most vivid dreams I have ever had. It was pretty nuts, but it didn't bother me. The weird part about it is that sometimes I tend to have those crazy dreams like I'm free falling or some crazy crap like that which would wake me up, but all my dreams on this stuff were pleasant and vivid, never anything that would cause me to jolt awake. I never really suffered any type of sleep hangovers either, which was amazing. Regardless of how much I slept, I felt completely re-energized the next day. I will admit, it was a little difficult to physically get out of the bed due to the deep sleep, but as soon as I stood up, i was good to go! Lately I have just been having some coffee in the morning and PWO before workouts. Cutting down on the caffeine. There were a few days though after taking Resurrect-PM that I didn't even need any caffeine in the morning at all. AMAZING!

As far as product claims go, here they are:
Recovery and Anabolic Growth Support
Promotes Deep and Restful REM Sleep
Supports Lean Muscle Growth

This product was able to achieve all these claims in my opinion. Some people might read it differently, but I think RCSS did the right thing throwing in that key word, "SUPPORT". I, for one, felt all these claims were met simply because it got me to sleep deeply, which I know supports muscle growth. It also supports me having awesome workouts the next day, which supports more growth! And so turns the wheel of gains. Or something like that.

About $32 for 30 servings is a good value. With the 5 on 2 off schedule, this product will last you over a month, and I don't see ever needing more than 1 scoop. In fact, some people may be able to get away with less than one scoop with this stuff, which would really increase the value.

Side Effects

None to really speak of. I'm sure if I took this stuff and then had to wake up after only 4 hours or something like that, I'd probably be in trouble, but they clearly state on the label to expect at least 6 hours of sleep when taking this supplement. That piece of advice proved extremely accurate for me.

Conclusion

Well I think that about covers it! RCSS really hit a home run here. Like I said, I have tried quite a few sleep supplements, and they have been big misses for me every time. I'll definitely be buying this product with my own money again in the future. The amount of energy it has provided me with the next day is pretty amazing. Thanks for hanging with me to the end if you did, and thanks so much to RCSS and the TROOP program for introducing me to this product!
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Relaxed
  • Happy
  • Quick Recovery
  • Well Balanced Sleep Aid Ingredients
  • Deep Restful Sleep
  • Deep Rem Sleep
  • Strawberry Watermelon: 10/10
medinacirilo
TROOPer Level: 42
  September 15, 2015

Thanks to Ronnie Coleman Signature Series for sending it out!
Here's a review of Ronnie Coleman's Signature Series (RCSS) sleep aid; Resurrect-PM. First off, big thanks to the SR Trooper program for all the product opportunities to review, and BIG thanks to the Big Ronnie himself for getting this and other products out to us, for some unbiased reviewing! This is a supplement I didn't realize I needed, but now I'm a believer in the importance of QUALITY rest and recovery! After working the graveyard shift for almost 6 years, I recently got moved to the 3rd Watch "Swing Shift" (2pm-10pm). When I was on graveyards, caffeine was a staple both on and off the job. I would sleep maybe 4-5 hours a day, often times in broken up segments. Now that I sleep at night like a normal human, I've been trying to cut my caffeine consumption to strictly pre-workouts (taken pre-workout). A good night's rest can make the difference between NEEDING a morning cup of coffee, to just wanting one.

PROFILE- 8.499999
The label is clearly broken down, with the "big dogs" of any sleep/GH Supplement listed in their dosage. Zinc, Magnesium, Mucuna Pruriens, GABA, Phenibut are all listed in their dosages, as well as 1000mg of L-Arganine thrown in. Nice addition! The second blend is a 3289mg "GrowtH & Repair Complex" with a couple of creatines and and stuff in the mix. I felt this was a fine profile for such a supplement.
This product was a white color, and there seemed to be just a little dye to it, not much. It mixed like any RCSS product I've tried, slight graininess, opaque, minor settling on the bottom. It did clump and harden after a few weeks. Still mixed just fine. I tried the Strawberry Watermelon; man that's some delicious stuff!!! Really, Ronnie Coleman's products are some of the best tasting on the market!

EFFECTIVENESS- 8
Do you remember as a teenager when you'd crash right out, then wake up ready to take on the world? And not have to force yourself out of bed, dragging ass until you get some coffee? I do, and this brought me back to those days! I would take a level scoop of this when I got home at night, which was usually around 11-11:20pm. Then shower, change, and hop into bed. I don't feel it made me drowsy and knocked me out; it just seemed more like a relaxed state. It made going to sleep easier for me. It's hard to describe, it wasn't a Nyquil or sleep-pill feeling. I'm the guy who will lay in bed, then start thinking of random stuff to look up on my phone like "how long can dolphins submerge", or I'll read Wikipedia articles on movies, or Yelp reviews, or conspiracy theories! Not when I take this, I'm off to sleep, then wake up feeling like a million dollars! I would wake up refreshed, with a natural energy to take on the day. This helped me taper off from so much caffeine intake. I feel it helped me stay in a deep sleep, with better rest from it. I usually don't dream much, and if I do, I don't remember it for long. This didn't change that for me. Once in a while I'd wake up to use the toilet, but then right back into bed. As for Anabolic Growth Support and Lean Muscle Growth (as stated on the label) I don't feel i got swole on this, but i really didn't expect to. But better rest = better workouts! I didn't think this would help with muscle recovery, but with this past week of not using it, my body feels more sore, or sore-er, you get what i mean.

SIDE EFFECTS-8
Very little sides to say of this product. I was worried about a "Nyquil" hangover, but it didn't happen to me. I had no trouble waking up in the morning, except for a few times when I probably shouldn't have taken it. For instance, a few weeks ago I stayed for a double shift. I got home around 7am, and I wanted to wake up around 1pm because I didn't want to spend my days off in bed. I shouldn't have taken it, but I did. My wife wakes me up around 11am to see if I wanted to have lunch with our kids, and of course I couldn't resist. I felt goofy and my legs felt wobbly!!! After some caffeine I felt a little more normal, but I think this is my fault! Other than that, no other sides to complain about.

VALUE-8.5
This one runs the full spectrum of real cheap, to real expensive! After a quick search online, I found it as low as 25$, all the way up to almost 50$!!!! The label says 25 servings per container, but I think I got a few more out of the tub. Matter of fact, in the last few TRooper orders I think I've gotten more servings then is stated! Next product, I think I'll mark a check-list on the tub, each time i take a scoop. Am I the only one who thinks this is happening? I digress. The deals are out there, and I'd be willing to jump on this again. Hell, I'd get it just to taste that flavor!

OVERALL- 8.5
If you are like me, and lay in bed thinking about the mysteries of the universe, I highly recommend this product! I don't think it directly added muscle mass or changed body composition. But it sure helped getting good rest, and in turn, getting some good workouts in. We only spend 1-2 hours in the gym. The remainder of the day is just as important to our health and well-being. Medina out
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Relaxed
  • Quick Recovery
  • Well Balanced Sleep Aid Ingredients
  • Deep Restful Sleep
  • Deep Rem Sleep
  • Uniterrupted Sleep
  • Difficult To Scoop
  • Strawberry Watermelon: 10/10
trey-carmine
TROOPer Level: 60
  September 8, 2015

Thanks to Ronnie Coleman Signature Series for sending it out!

Alright time for another SR TROOP review and the supplement at topic today is Resurrect-PM by the Ronnie Coleman Signature Series (RCSS). Resurrect-PM is a nighttime recovery supplement. This is a category I've never ventured into so I'm excited to write this review for y'all!

Ingredient profile

Some noticeable ingredients you can see by the attached picture are GABA, L-Arginine, Phenibut and Mucuna Pruriens all transparently dosed. There's also a GrowtH & Repair Complex which is highlighted by HICA and Phenibut with many other ingredients at undisclosed doses.

I really do like the majority of the formula, obviously I will knock the proprietary blend as usual. I wish the amount of L-Dopa was disclosed in the Mucuna Pruriens since it's such a key ingredient imo.

Taste
The flavor I received was Strawberry Watermelon and man was it some good stuff. A+ on the flavor

One thing I noticed is the powder was very hard and I had to dig it out of the container with the scoop the whole time. Not an issue for me but wasn't anything I've experienced before with other powders. No mixability issues to report.

Dosage

RCSS recommends 1 scoop 30 minutes before bed on an empty stomach. 12oz of water served me best in a shaker cup. RCSS also recommends to follow a 5 day protocol with a 2 day break. I followed this the whole way. I also tried 1.5-2 scoops on a few occasions but did not notice an immediate difference.

Sleep is the king of recovery along with your nutrition. I work in the medical profession and I'm on call many times unfortunately. So deep quality sleep is so vital for me to get through the day and to have mental sharpness at all times. Of course this is a sports supplement though so obviously you're more interested in that aspect.

Within 30 minutes of taking my Resurrect-PM I was ready to hit the sheets hard. Within 10 minutes of shutting my eyes I was out and never woke up during the night. I go to bed around 11pm and wake up at 5am to hit the gym every morning. My body has become accustomed to 6 hours of sleep and never had an issue with it. With Ressurect-PM I woke up better than I ever have. Mental clarity and feeling mentally refreshed each and every day. And of course with the improved sleep quality came better recovery from my workouts.

Also a warning from me is be careful because I slept through my alarm on this three times! Something that never happens!

Resurrect-PM has a good value rating for me. With smart shopping you can find it for around $31 coming in at $1.24 per serving. Not bad for a supplement that I saw increased recovery and deep quality sleep with.

Conclusion

I can recommend Ressurect-PM to anyone looking to increase their recovery and sleep quality. However this is something you should really cycle on and off of. It would be terrible to build a dependency to fall asleep with this or any supplement.
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Relaxed
  • Quick Recovery
  • Well Balanced Sleep Aid Ingredients
  • Deep Restful Sleep
  • Deep Rem Sleep
  • Uniterrupted Sleep
    • Strawberry Watermelon: 9/10
    McGilla
    TROOPer Level: 38
      September 3, 2015

Thanks to Ronnie Coleman Signature Series for sending it out!

I was afforded the wonderful luxury of reviewing this product due to the incredible program of the gods, known as SR TROOP. I even saw that "BigRon8" was the one who marked my product as "shipped". Like a teenage girl at a Bieber concert, I too was filled with joy to see that Ronnie Coleman may have had something to do with my order. It's almost like he touched me...in a totally bro way though.

It seems there are a couple different versions of this profile out there. There's a version with 1G of GABA and another version with 500mg of GABA and 500MG of Phenibut, both profiles consist of an 8G serving with 1G of Arginine, 1G of L- Dopa and a blend of HICA/Zinc/Magnesium/Creatine and other goodies. I received the Phenibut version. I have no experience with Phenibut but apparently it is a mood enhancer. I'm honestly not even aware of what an "effective dose" is, as WebMD(I'm an internet doctor) does not give a recommended dose. However, this product made me feel AWESOME so apparently 850ish mgs is rather gnarly. I'm personally a big fan of GABA for sleep, as I used to take about 3G of NOW Foods powdered variety before bed previously. I love the tingly/shortness of breath feeling that just puts you at ease. This product didn't do it to that degree for me, but I could tell GABA was in there.

I started out using this product with the recommended single scoop serving. Eventually kicking it up by about a quarter of a scoop the next couple of attempts, another quarter...until finally settling on the sweet spot of around 1.75 scoops per serving. I'll touch more on this in the "effectiveness" section.

The product mixes with ease. There were a couple powder "balls" forming in the tub during each use, but as soon as water hit them, they disintegrated immediately. This product did have a bit of a "grainy" texture, which I'm not sure if it was from the GABA or creatine(or both), but I actually like my drink to have a bit of "texture" to it, be it a thickness from coconut powder or a grainyness like this product.

I received the "Strawberry Watermelon" flavor of this product and it is seriously spot on. I know previous RCSS supplements had the "sensacool" stuff in it, from the couple Myoblitz samples I used...which tasted awful...but this product was rather great. As standalone flavors, I do not really like watermelon or strawberry, but this mix was quite delicious with the right amount of sweetness to it.

This product is all about finding your sweet spot. I started with one scoop as suggested. I could get a bit of a feel from this. My body started to shut down about a half hour after taking it. That natural relaxed feeling started to set in. I did find that one scoop simply wasn't enough. I kicked it up a bit to 1.25 scoops, just getting a little more juice. This gave me even more of a relaxed feel. But I wanted more. I eventually landed at 1.75 being the perfect spot for me.

At 1.75 scoops, it began to hit me faster, likely because of the sheer volume of ingredients hitting my system faster/stronger. Within about 10 minutes, I started to get that "Whoa, buddy!" feeling(that I love). If I would get up after laying down for a bit to go potty, I'd start to sway a little bit because my body was so knocked out from the feeling and my mind was getting sleepy as well. Granted, I've never taken drugs before, but if this is what drugs are like, then drugs are awesome! (Don't do drugs, kids!)

This product however didn't actually make me sleepy. By that I mean, it didn't help me "shut my brain off" and get to bed. There were a number of nights where a combination of stuff on my mind and Super HD Xtreme kept me awake for an hour+ after taking this product. Of course, this doesn't suggest the product is ineffective, because it's not really designed to "make you tired", but keep you in some solid sleep.

So, for what the product was designed for, keeping you asleep, it was awesome! Nearly every time I took this product, I slept through the night. There were occasions where I would get up once, but never more. I'm actually a really crappy sleeper lately, so this was refreshing to not be waking up, wide awake 5-6 times a night from the stress and personal situations in my life. I even slept through my first alarm that I set on a number of occasions, this never happens! And I love it!

Waking up in the morning and functioning was awesome as well because it often felt a lot like falling asleep. In that I mean, I felt rested! Sort of groggy, but I honestly like that feeling the day after a good lift. When I wake up and the soreness sort of keeps me "alert", I'm not as big of a fan to start my day. This product very much helps a LOT with recovery because I wake up and my muscles feel "full" and my body is relaxed. It takes me a solid 3-4 hours and couple hundred mgs of caffeine to get me fully alert...it's awesome!

When it comes to supplements, I find value when it comes to sleep. Pre-workouts will give you that "kickstart", Proteins will assist with macros, BCAAs are a good "bonus", the foundation to muscle building and overall health is sleep and relaxation. You can snag this product on the low end for about $30. Like other reviewers, I'm fairly certain that I got a bit more in my tub than the 25 advertised servings. I'd say closer to 30. If you can make it work at $1 per serving and get a good nights sleep, that's a steal. Even at $1.50, good restful sleep is a bargain.

Side Effects

None. Unless "grogginess" counts...but it was AWESOME GROGGINESS.

Conclusion

Going to the doctor and getting some fancy prescriptions sound nice and perhaps work a little better, but just a couple clicks of your mouse will get some quality sleepy delivered to your door and it's delicious! I highly recommend this product to give you an overall edge on life, not just bodybuilding.
     Pros:
     Cons:
    • Happy
    • Quick Recovery
    • Deep Restful Sleep
    • Didn't Knock Me Out