KING WHEY Reviews

By: Ronnie Coleman Signature Series

Overall
Overall
Thanks to Ronnie Coleman Signature Series for sending it out!
  November 18, 2016

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Disclosed Protein Blend
  • Mixes Well
  • Solid Ingredient Profile
  • Possibly Pricey

Gilla in. Gilla like some protein. Do Gilla like dis protein?

Ronnie discloses the different types of protein content straight in the images smack dab on the center of the label, 20 G of concentrate and 5G of Isolate. When it comes to Whey "blends" it's rare for a company to disclose, as it's usually "23G of protein, read the ingredients and guess, kid." It's a nice touch. The profile is also pretty clean, with 25G of protein and 130 calories, which is on the lower end in terms of competitors. 2 grams of sugar are present. I've got a tub of "Cellucor Strawberry Milkshake" next to me as I write this, Ronnie's Whey has 1 fewer gram of sugar and 60 mg less of sodium per serving. The Saturated fat content is slightly more though, with 1G in Ronnie's and .5G in the Cellucor. Overall, it's a pretty decent profile.

Initially, I had a mixed reaction when reading the rep note... Peanut Butter Pie? I know this isn't an incredibly uncommon flavor in the protein world and likely comes in handy when baking, but in being a meathead, I don't have any Martha Stewart in me to make a protein Souffle, so I mix my powder with milk. In a cup. Then I drink it. I also have an incredibly picky tongue, so I was rolling the dice. Unscrewing that lid, you are hit smack in the face with the nutter smells. In consuming it though, after mixing, it did have a "Nutter Butter" cookie type of smell. In drinking it, that was exactly like it tasted. It was like dunking a nutter butter cookie in milk, then just letting it dissolve it's nutter butteryness. My nerves were calmed.

The protein's quality shines with the mixability. Just a few quick stirs and it was mixed.

I dosed this aggressively. Usually giving it one HEAPING scoop and then like a dat kid, I'd dip the scoop back in for a bit more. Probably closer to 1 1/3 to 1 1/2 scoops each time.

As usual, I measure protein most by how my tum tum handles it. This protein was quite smooth going down and even in scooping like a foo, I didn't get too protein gassy. When I went a little nuts one day and got to about two scoops, I did feel a bit farty. I think psychologically, when it comes to protein, I look for a "full" feeling, not in terms of my pumped out meaty bicep fullness, but a "I don't want to eat anymore, this better hold me over" sort of way. This product does pretty well in that department as well. This full feeling gave me a bit of an energy boost when it comes to having the juice to do a second workout some days.

I usually look for price per pound when it comes to protein, this protein seems to be rather spendy. It seems $50-60 is the standard for a 5lb tub of this product. That's too rich for my divorced child support paying blood. I think if you can find a BOGO type offer, that would make the pain a bit less stabby in your wallet.

Side Effects

Nothing.

Conclusion

As usual, THE KING, Mr O., Big Ron puts his name beside a high quality product. It adds another option in an already impressive supplement lineup. If you can make it rain with your Checking account, King Whey is definitely a nice option. Now, if you are a lifting version of Rachel Ray, you can add a little peanut butter zest to your baking resume.
  • Peanut Butter Pie: 8/10

• BigRon8
    Rep for this Brand
    December 19, 2016

thanks for the review bro. always pumped when i read these good reviews on here. price on protein is hard these days especially when you are putting in the right amounts but we always try to get the price as low as possible for yall