KING WHEY Reviews

By: Ronnie Coleman Signature Series

Overall
Overall
Thanks to Ronnie Coleman Signature Series for sending it out!
  November 18, 2016

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Taste Great
  • Mixes Well
  • Disclosed Protein Blend
  • Solid Ingredient Profile
  • Foams In Blender

First off, HUGE thank you to Ronnie and Team for sending this FIVE POUND TUB out. That's right, FIVE POUNDS! I was pretty amped when I received this, primarily because I missed out on the chocolate king whey by seconds last time it was available. Luckily I was able to get my hands on his new peanut butter pie flavor, and am very thankful for that. This is my second Ronnie Coleman product, here we go.

The main ingredient in this is whey protein concentrate, followed by whey protein isolate. I'm sure many of us would like to see the isolate listed first, but I'm not complaining. The concentrate is 20g and the isolate is 5g. The macros come out to 1.5g fat, 4g carbs, and 25g protein. Very straight forward label, nothing crazy going on here.

Obviously please be mindful if you have a peanut allergy, that should go without saying.

Taste:

Just open opening it, it smelt absolutely amazing. The taste in my opinion was lite. It wasn't overall peanut butter-y, but it wasn't so minimal where you couldn't taste it. I typically add PBfit into my shakes because I'm found of peanut butter, but you're already getting that taste with this protein, so it was unnecessary.

Mixability:

Mixed great in just a normal shaker, no clumps or foaming. Extremely little residue left on the side of the shaker. just throw in a little extra water after finishing your shake and you're fine.
I would like to note that when I mixed this in a blender, it became very foamy. I really couldn't figure out why, I would just mix water, ice, 1 scoop of whey and half a banana together. The foam would be about an inch high. I think the blender just whipped it up to much, only thing i could think of.

Dosing:

I took this solely after workouts only. One scoop was all that was needed.

This is a protein, like all, it's hard to attest how effective it really is. I never felt extra sore while taking this, nor did I feel like I needed to up the dosage or my food intake post workout. I'm currently bulking and seeing noticeable gains while I was on this, combined with dieting of course. It never caused any bloating or stomach issues either.

You can pick up this 5lb tub for $59 online for 69 servings (wink). This comes to a little less than $1 per serving. I have seen tubs for $55 but not today while looking.

Side Effects

None to note.

Conclusion

I really enjoyed this, but I also really like adding PBfit into my shakes. If you want a lighter pb tasting shake, I'd pickup Ronnie's peanut butter pie. I really enjoyed the King Whey and his YEAAAAAH BUDDY products so far. Hopefully I'll make my way through the rest of his line!
  • Peanut Butter Pie: 8/10