Ranks #14 (better than 46%)
In: Protein > Protein Bars

King Whey Protein Crunch Bar is a Protein Bar manufactured by Ronnie Coleman Signature Series. It is a quick, conveinient source of protein and commonly used as a meal replacement. The additional protein can help increase muscle mass as well as promote fat loss.

Protein > Protein Bars

Overall
Overall
9.1
Thanks to Ronnie Coleman Signature Series for sending it out!
  September 23, 2017

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Tastes Good
  • Fills You Up
  • Digests Easily
  • Helps You Hit Your Daily Macros
  • Good Texture
  • Reduce The Price
  • Reduce The Amount Of Saturated Fat

Thank you to the Ronnie Coleman brand and the SR Trooper program for the chance to try this. When I have the opportunity to try a protein bar that I have not yet had, it peeks my interest. Knowing how respected the Ronnie Coleman brand is, I figured their protein bar would live up to the reputation. I will be reviewing this on the 2 bars that were sent to me. It is impossible to gauge the long term impact this bar would have but I will not assume and will rate it on how well these two servings worked for me.

In each bar you get:
240 calories
10g of fat which 6 of those grams are saturated which is a little high in my opinion
21g of carbs, 6 of which are sugar
20g of protein
The protein is a blend consisting of Whey Protein Isolate and Whey Protein Concentrate. This does contain vegetable oils and corn syrup which may turn some off. I like that this has 20g of protein but would like to see the 6g of saturated fat reduced.

I had one each of the Triple Chocolate Brownie and Peanut Butter Cup flavor. Both were very good and tasted as you would expect by the name of the flavor. There was no mixing since it was a bar. The texture was good and was not too hard like some bars are and I didn't have to chew it for 10 minutes to swallow it. dosing was one bar.

I use protein bars for a few different reasons. There are times when I need some protein to hit my daily macros and a protein shake just doesn't seem appealing or I will be away from home and protein bars are an easier option. I also use them when I crave junk food or get hungry between meals. In these times they do the trick by satisfying my hunger and can feel good about not straying from my meal plan. Since they sent me two bars I used each one in a different way. I used one to hit my daily macros instead of another protein shake. This did the trick and allowed me to hit my daily protein macro. I saved the other one for when I was at work on a Friday and heard the vending machine say "hey you, buy something from me." I knew at this point I could break out my trusty protein bar which is what I did and did not give in to the vending machine. This digested with no issues and was easy on the stomach. I cant say how this helped with recovery since I only had 2 bars but i am not really taking this for recovery. Overall I would say these bars were effective.

I found them the cheapest on Ronnie Coleman's website at $26.99 for a box of 12 which comes out to $2.24 per bar. I am not sure what it costs for an individual bar if you just wanted to pick one up. I do realize this is in the upper range for protein bars but I do feel this is a good bar. If they can bring the price down in the $1.75-$1.99 range I am sure more people would buy these.

Side Effects

Conclusion

Ronnie Coleman and his team did a nice job with this protein bar. It tastes good and digests easily. They have a winner. I can't wait to see if they expand their flavors and are able to bring their price down a bit. I would recommend this bar to anyone who likes their protein bars.
  • Peanut Butter Cup: 8/10