(Better than 94% in Protein > Whey Protein)

PRICES
Check Amazon for Isotropic Max:
Isotropic Max is a Whey Protein Powder manufactured by Ronnie Coleman Signature Series. It is a dairy based protein that supports lean muscle gain by suppling additional protein to recovering muscles, which can also improve fat loss.

Protein > Whey Protein

Overall
Thanks to Ronnie Coleman Signature Series for sending it out!
  December 3, 2017

• 50 Servings Per Container
  • Limited Flavors

First off I want to thank Ronnie Coleman Signature Series for letting us trooper have the chance to give this product a try. I have been able to try a lot of Ronnie Coleman's products and have been pleasantly please with the products they have. This has been a protein I have wanted to try for awhile now after using his other proteins. I was really hoping this would show up on the trooper program again and if it did I would have to give it a try. Most all of Ronnie's proteins he have release have all been pretty good and this one did not disappoint at all.

I found this to be a pretty clean protein and not filled with a lot of junk or other stuff you don't need or want. You get 110 calories. zero sugars and fats. 2g of carbs, 140mg of sodium. 25g of all whey protein isolates. I like that they don't try to fill this with other proteins to make up the total 25g. I think this ingredient profile works great if your trying to hit your macros. I feel this would work good for anyone who is trying to cut or bulk. It's nice that they fully disclose everything they put in here.

I had the German Chocolate. It was nice to have something just a little different than straight up chocolate. If you have ever had German chocolate cake this tasted a lot like that. It had that nice chocolate taste to it with a hint of coconut. I thought over all it was pretty good. Not to sweet on the chocolate flavoring. It was nice having that little hint of coconut in this to help change up the taste a little. I used this with water and it was pretty good. Just be careful not to over do it with water because it seems to water down the taste a bit. I never got a chance to try this with milk but I am guessing I would have been really good. When mixed it is like drinking chocolate milk and not all think like to drink.

Mixing was not to bad. The powder in this is very fine like. At first if you don't shake this up enough you will notice a little big of grittiness and that I am pretty sure was from the coconut. Just make sure you really shake this up good before you drink it and you will be fine. I used this mainly for after my workouts and would do one scoop. Since this is an ISO protein (meaning fast digesting protein) it's best to post workout.

ISO proteins are a little harder to tell if they work any better than your regular whey. ISO proteins are suppose to digest faster than regular whey but there is no real way of knowing if they do or not. I would only take this after my workouts. After I took this I always felt that this took away some of my appetite for awhile and kept me feeling more full. If I needed something to help curb my appetite for awhile before my next meal I feel this did a good job at that. I do think this digested pretty well in my stomach shortly after I would take this. It never felt like it would just sit in my stomach for awhile after taking it like some regular whey proteins have. Overall I thought it was pretty good on my stomach and never caused me any unwanted gut issues or bathroom issues. If you have used a lot of different ISO and Whey proteins and not really been able to notice a lot of difference between them well with this you will be able to notice a big difference or at least I did with this product.

I think that by using this every time I worked out (which is about 6 days a week) really helped my recovery a lot. I felt my soreness was much less and my DOMS where way less also. I did have a couple weeks where I was really hitting it a lot harder than normal and would notice my muscles felt a bit more sore the next day but after using this by the end of the next day that soreness I was feeling was hardly noticeable. Usually it will take me a couple days to fully recover and I feel this help cut that down by a day or so. If your consistent at taking this I feel your recovery and how your overall body feels will be a lot better. I think by how much better I was feeling and not hurting so much really helped me a lot more in the gym so I could keep pushing it harder and not have to back off as much. I feel overall I was making more gains by using this and my able to put on more size and weight.

If your someone that really needs to watch your macros I think this is a really good protein for that. With this you won't get a lot of other fillers and junk you don't need or want.

The cheapest I could find this was on Ronnie's website and they want $51.99 for 50 servings. This come out to just over a dollar a serving. This is not to bad but maybe just a little high compared to a lot of other Iso proteins. Also this is not widely available so it makes it a lot harder to find and would like to see some other sites start carrying this.

Side Effects

Nothing I noticed.

Conclusion

Overall I thought this was one of the better ISO proteins I have used. If you want a very clean ingredient profile this is a good product to look at. I will say this was one of the best ISO proteins I felt do what an ISO is suppose to do by absorbing a lot quicker into your system and digesting right away and not just sit in your stomach for awhile. No matter what your diet is or workout plan I think this will work great for anyone. I for sure highly recommend checking this product. I would like to see some more sites start carrying this product because right now it is really hard to find besides Ronnie's website. Also I would like to see a couple more flavors in this. Again I want to give a big shout out to Ronnie Coleman for making this product and letting me have the chance to try it.
  • German Chocolate: 9/10

Advertisement:
Members don't see ads: Join SR for Free

Overall
Thanks to Ronnie Coleman Signature Series for sending it out!
  November 16, 2017

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Rapid Digestion
  • Zero Fat Or Carbs
  • Fits Any Diet
  • 50 Servings Per Container
  • Limited Flavors

38 years old, active duty army, and I lift 4-5 days a week. I have a high protein diet, and at 242 pounds I tend to require quite a bit of protein a day. I always have a Protein supplement in my stack to help with this goal. Isotropic Max was one of my "I want to try this" requests here on SR, so when the opportunity came to try it out I jumped at it! Thank you to Ronnie Coleman and SR for making this review possible and allowing me the opportunity to test and review this product. Lets see how this protein fit into my daily regimen.

This is a pretty clean profile and a I thought it had some nice protein content for an Isolate. Each 30g scoop nets you 110 calories, ZERO fat and sugar, 2g Carbs, and 25g Protein. The protein source is all Whey Protein Isolate here, just as you would expect, so RCSS did not try and sneak in some other protein types to up the content. Here we get a fully disclosed label which I have included a picture of below. This profile fits daily macro's for just about anyone, whether you are cutting, bulking, or recomping. Also of note this product does contain milk and soy, so stay away if you have any of those allergies.

Taste: I received the German Chocolate flavor and it was pretty good. It was not too sweet which is what I fear in chocolate flavored protein, it was just right. It tasted fine with water, but somedays I would mix this with milk, and man oh man, it was like drinking a chocolate shake. It truly was a treat.

Mixability: I would typically mix this is my shaker with 8-10oz of water or milk. It mixes well and I had no weird residue or anything left over on the bottom. However, if I did not immediately wash the shaker out on consumption then for whatever reason I would have small clumps to have to wipe out. I think it may be the addition of cocoa or something, but it was a minor issue, but thought I would mention it anyways. I did find my shaker a bit stained with the chocolate over time as well, but nothing a good cleaning could not fix, and lets be honest I probably don't clean out my shakers enough as it is!

Dosing: I would take 2 scoops a day. I wake up and workout early in the morning, and I like to have some fuel in me before the gym (more than the PWO) but 4am is just too early in the morning for me to eat. I would always drink a scoop of Protein about an hour before the gym to get me going. I would also take a scoop post gym, as most people do. So no difference here than any other protein, take it as needed.

Never an easy thing to judge since you don't exactly get in your face results like a PWO, but I judge protein based off digestion and if it made me full or not. Digestion wise this product did great, being an Isolate you would expect easy digestion, and here we are not dissapointed. This never sat like a rock in my gut after taking this and it felt as if it digested pretty quick into my system. I never try to get wrapped around the axel on different Whey protein types (regular Whey, Blend, Isolate, Hydrolized etc..), but here I could feel the difference between a normal Whey and an Isolate. So thats always a nice thing, actually feeling what your supposed to! I see in the past reviews from 2015 here on SR that Astra Gin used to be included, which appears not to be the case anymore. With or without it this appears to digest and absorb just fine, so maybe thats why it is no longer included.

Of course I do not expect to feel truly full from an Isolate, but I like for my protein shake to keep me full enough from post workout to the point where I finally eat breakfast (typically 1-2 hours). This would tide me over for about half an hour to an hour so it did what I needed it too. I believe I write this statement on every protein review I do, so here it goes again; remember this is a protein supplement not a meal replacement, so you should only be supplementing your daily diet with added protein as needed. I say that to show that IsoTropic does its job when it comes to that full feeling.

Right now you can find this on sale on the RCSS website for $50.99 for 50 servings. That comes out to $1.02 a serving. This is a bit expensive compared to other Isolates, even on sale, and its about the same price as regular RCSS Whey protein. I think the 1 dollar price point per serving for an isolate is fine as long as you know you are getting 100% Whey Isolate. Could it be cheaper, yes of course, but so goes life. Since I thought the product was effective, I think the price is justifiable, and there are sales all the time on the RCSS site, so you are bound to find a better deal if you keep your eyes peeled.

Side Effects

None, no weird GI issues or anything which is always appreciated from a protein.

Conclusion

Overall, I enjoyed my run of this product. Isotropic Max absorbed and digested quickly into my system has a clean profile, and just felt clean in general when drinking it. This is great for anyone no matter what you daily nutrition goals are. I highly recommend this product, and I can chalk this up to yet again another product from Big Ron himself that I have truly enjoyed! Thanks again for the opportunity! Below there is a picture of the label included, as the picture of the label on the RCSS site seems to be wrong, so here is what it is now, I am thinking the formula may have been adjusted over the years.
  • German Chocolate: 8/10

Advertisement:
Members don't see ads: Join SR for Free

7.1
  January 6, 2015

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Rapid Digestion
  • Clinical Dose Of Astrigin
  • No Dyes
  • AstraGin
Shout out & thanks to King Coleman & his super rep for the hook up. Cool guys working for a cool company doing cool things.

Iso-Tropic Max was on the list of supplements I really wanted to try, but would ultimately never get around to due to any number of reasons (number one being laziness to go buy it). However, when RCSS came through with their most recent offering, I was finally able to scratch one of those products of the list.

INGREDIENT PROFILE: A

Almost unanimously, the ingredient profile seems to be the highest rated aspect of Iso-Tropic Max, for good reason. Quality ingredients in a simple profile usually bode well for reviews as well as effectiveness (quality > quantity). Furthermore, I love the inclusion of AstraGin™. I will be honest, that was the main reason was intrigued by most RCSS products. I had the opportunity to try out AstraGin™ on its own, & was blown away by it. By including it in Iso-Tropic Max, I don’t have to go fishing for AstraGin™ on the great abyss of the intrawebz.

As stated, quality + simplicity = good.

TASTE: B

I was fortunate enough to try out two flavors, a strawberry flavor & a German chocolate flavor.

Strawberry: C
In general, strawberry flavored protein powders suck, in my humblest of humble opinions. They’re just off, & are strawberry in the same was a dragon & a lizard are related I guess. Yeah, they are related, but then they couldn’t be more different. You definitely know its strawberry, or that it’s supposed to be, but it’s no strawberry you would want. Iso-Tropic Max is the same, though better than most. But then that’s like arguing whose crap smells the least. It all smells bad.

German Chocolate: A
RCSS & Iso-Tropic Max made up for it here. Chocolate is hard to mess up, but when done right it’s downright awesome. I know of only one other product still on the market that knocked the chocolate flavor outta the ballpark, & that product (Platinum Hydro Builder) is one of my all-time favorites. The German chocolate was smooth & clean, & even had the slightest hint of something coconutty to it. I’m not the biggest fan of coconuts, so that was fine by me.

MIXING: A

Crapberry or German chocolate, mixing was hardly an issue. In 8oz or 500ml, one scoop would mix up quickly & effortlessly. Look for a forearm workout elsewhere.

EFFECTIVENESS: A

No protein farts? Check. No protein bloats? Check.

Most pressing issues out of the way, Iso-Tropic Max is light enough that it can be consumed pretty much anytime. It’s not going to sit in your belly &/or give you tummy troubles, so versatility of Iso-Tropic Max goes up. The macros are agreeable to most diet cults I mean philosophies, so I don’t see that becoming an issue either. Unless you’re one of those weird vegan types, but then we don’t talk about them in general. The AstraGin™ does help, but even without it I don’t see this product falling off in terms of effectiveness.

VALUE: B

Ah yes, the price. Again, almost unanimously, it is agreed that Iso-Tropic Max is on the expensive side of things. In a category that lend itself to pricey products however, it’s about middle of the pack from what I gather. For a 2lb tub, prices can range from just under $40 to just under $50. I do believe the later to not be permanent nor the norm, but that low to mid-$40 range looks about where it’s at.

I could sit here & convincingly justify the price, but it won’t change the fact it’s expensive. It’s like comparing say a BMW to some Toyota. There’s a reason most BMWs cost what they cost. But, most of us would buy that Toyota instead, simply because we just don’t have the funds for an M4 or even regular 4 Series. But, as soon as we do get the funds, Deutschland uber alles. Same here with Iso-Tropic Max. It is possibly priced too high for most our budgets, but as soon as the price dips or we get a bonus, we’re jumping all over it.

OVERALL: A

Sometimes, you really do get what you paid for. Iso-Tropic Max is as good as advertised, or at the very least as good as the reviews claim it to be. Just don’t get the strawberry…

December 21, 2014

• No Sides
  • AstraGin
  • Mixes Well
  • Tastes Meh

What's up SR? It has been awhile but Im back to get down on the review for Ronnie Coleman Signature Series Isotropic Max. This protein has been out for awhile now but they produced a new flavor. It was my first run at it and it was about what I expected. A big thanks goes to Derek and the RCSS crew for sending out this tub o' gainz!! Let's get into it.

Serving Size-1 scoop(31.5g)
Servings Per Container-28
Calories-110
Fat-0g
Carbs-3g
Protein-25g

As with many, if not all, products from RCSS they include Astragin which is supposed to help with absorption. Pretty simple profile as would be expected from an isolate. No issues.

I was sent the Strawberry Decadence and it was about average. Could've been better or worse. It was getting old towards the end and I wanted to have another flavor pretty bad. I would like to see some creativity with the flavors instead of the usual vanilla, chocolate, strawberry approach. I wasn't expecting much flavor from an isolate and this may not be a #1 priority for anyone wanting to choose an isolate for their protein.

It mixed perfectly every time as an isolate should and I used it mainly postworkout. The flavor didn't appeal to me at any other time during the day to be honest.

Isotropic Max did it's job. Soreness was reduced and recovery was at a level that it would be with other proteins. It was available in case my diet slacked and I needed grams of pure protein without the other macros that come with food.

So you're looking at somewhere in the 30-40 dollar range for 28 servings. Over a dollar a serving will be steep for most. You really have to stop and think about if it's worth it or not. Could you just eat more food? Could you just use a cheaper concentrate protein? That will depend largely on the person and their individual goals.

Side Effects

No side effects to not. Stomach handled it well. No bathroom issues or anything like that.

Conclusion

So overall I will say that I didn't necessarily enjoy this run but ti was nice to have some protein on hand to slam down after some vigorous training when I wasn't in the mood to cook. I think most would enjoy a flavor other than strawberry but it tastes about as expected. If you are on a strict diet like a low carb, low fat type thing then this, and any other isolate, would be worth looking at, but you will have to pay a price.

November 26, 2014

What’s up SR.com, it has been a long time since my last review and figured what better way to start then on RCSS iso-tropic max.
What makes a protein a good one? How can you tell if it is working? When will I see my gainz? These are all relative questions and we will go over them in the review. Protein is a staple in every bodybuilders supplement pantry it is a great filler between meals to add extra muscle feeding building blocks as well as a good meal replacement well cutting. Let us dig deeper and see what makes Iso-tropic better or worst then all the other proteins on the market.

TASTE 7/10

-------------------

The flavor I used was the new strawberry decadence which sounds amazing but fell a bit short for me. I tried mixing this a number of ways to figure out what is best for a taste perspective.
1st I used it in my favorite vanilla almond milk and it was pretty bad the taste was not strawberry-ish at all.
2nd I used skim milk and pretty close to the same outcome just no very good at all a bit chalky.
3rd I mixed it in water and this is where it shined the most. It was not overwhelming at all but quiet refreshing.
I did like the fact this wasn’t a very sweet protein like most strawberry I have used in the past but I do wish it was bit more versatile so you can mix it with other beverages.

--------

EFEECTIVENESS 8/10

--------------------

How does one gauge the effectiveness of a protein? How can you tell it is working and doing its supposed job? I will start with this point there was zero G.I discomfort which most can get from poor whey protein, there was also a slight increase in recovery when consumed daily most noticed after a workout. This protein is specifically designed to be a fast digesting protein since it is a pure isolate and not a concentrate or blend. Isolate are mainly used post workout and first thing in the a.m after slumber to jump start the “anabolic process” and fuel the body quickly before true digestion of a meal takes place. How do we tell if this is working? Plain and simple you really can’t. RCSS has been a pretty good new company and with a legend behind the process that really does care about the product you feel like you’re in good hands. Without having the protein 3rd party tested for purity you really don’t know what the true percentage is.

The reason why I gave this an 8 for effectiveness was the recovery aspect. I was using an economically priced protein and I noticed the soreness lasted as if I wasn’t using one at all. As soon as I started this I noticed that my recovery time was cut down by 1 day which to me tells me that this protein of a better quality.

------

TIMING AND DOSAGE N/A

---------------

Pretty much take this after your work out and in the A.M when your body needs to digest the protein quickly since a real meal takes a little while to digest and you don’t wanna be all catabolic.

--------

CONTENT 8.5/10

---------------

This is a cut and dry section right here. This is a basic whey isolate the content on the label is very basic which is always a good thing. Let us look at it together.
Serving size is 1 scoop which yields
110 calories
2mg cholesterol
60mg sodium
140 mg potassium
3g carbs
25g protein from isolate
There are also traces of vitamins and minerals and there is also
astargin included!
Pretty solid profile here for sure I just wish they broke down how pure the whey they used to formulate the product is.

VALUE 7/10

-------------
Protein and pre-workouts seem to own the market place on bodybuilding supplements this higher end protein has a price tag of 32.00 and up to 40.00 for a 2lb tub which is in line with other 100% isolate proteins. I hate spending more than 25.00 for 2 lbs but this is a specific protein and to be used at certain times unlike other forms of whey protein.

Overall Iso-tropic is a fair tasting strawberry flavored protein may be worth a shot for you. There are many other flavors and from what I call a trusted source (lava) he claims they are pretty darn good. This protein is specifically designed for a fast digestion so plan to use it directly after a workout or first thing in the A.M where you may need something to refuel and feed your anabolic muscles. Effectiveness of a protein is very hard to judge but using a cheap one and then jumping on this I could tell a difference in recovery. Content is basic and what is expected of a protein. Value is in line with others in this category so no gripe there. RCSS Iso-tropic max will receive a full hulk seal of approval and if you have the extra coin for the top shelf protein give it a go.

-k-

April 19, 2014

• Good Value For The More Expensive Forms Of Protein
  • More Servings Per Container For An Increase In Value Needed.
  • No Pineapple Mint Flavor Lol
Big time "YBLW" shout out and thanks to Ronnie "The King" Coleman himself and Joeflah for sending me a tub of this great protein. Also, another shout out to Ronnie himself for appearing at my local gym, Greater Boston Fitness, this past Thursday even though I missed my chance to meet the King himself.

As I am sure many would already know, Iso-tropic max is a unique whey isolate product designed to provide athletes with a crucial source of clean, pure, high quality whey isolate, bcaas, and Astragin for maximum absorption. Iso-tropic max helps to provide all these essentials without the excessive calories, carbs, dyes, fillers, and soy one would sometimes find in much of today's proteins. While I do not have much experience with primary whey isolate products as opposed to general whey concentrate or blended protein formulas, Iso-tropic max was indeed an isolate that proved tip notch for me.

Taste/Mixability (9):

Iso-tropic max is currently available in three flavors: Toasted Almond, Pomegranate Berry, and Blue Raspberry. I was given the Blue Raspberry and found it to be overall satisfying. It had a slight cooling sensation to it similar to the past sensa-cool flavoring technology of the past RCSS formulations. However, I didn't find this unpleasant and the taste and consistency of the flavor went well with me. I also tried it in both water and milk. Surprisingly, it tasted pretty damn good in milk. Mixability was also solid; no clumps or undissolved globs in either water or milk.

Profile (10):

I give it a "10" because for a whey Isolate, the profile is relatively simple and contains a substantial amount of the things you need in a general isolate formula.

One 31g scoop provides the following:

27g of 100% Pure Hydrolyzed Whey Protein Isolate

A solid dose of critical aminos

Astragin for maximum absorption of nutrients

Only 110 Calories

All without any unnecessary dyes, fats, carbs, sugars, or gluten

A simple, yet solid ingredient profile for those looking for a good whey isolate without the crap.

Effectiveness (9):

Being that this is a protein, it is difficult to assess its efficacy based on the fact that these are your essential macros. You generally don't "feel" a protein working and for most, effectiveness is based on how a particular protein supplement helps to compliment a user's particular needs. In my case, it was primarily to supplement my daily protein intake. As proper as my diet is, a good protein supplement is a staple for me. Whey isolate tends to go a long way for me especially when it comes to recovery. During my use, I took Iso-tropic max primarily sometime following my workouts since I feel that is when isolate is best utilized. I also used a serving occasionally in the mornings and mid-afternoon as a way to keep my protein intake consistent. I found that Iso-tropic max did help noticeably with recovery particularly on off days and helped to keep my metabolism going in between meals. In all, Iso-tropic max got the job done in helping to maintain consistent protein intake.

Value (8):

Iso-tropic max is a bit pricey. A 2lbs tub will set you back 40-50 dollars. However, what you are paying for is a 30 serving supply of clean, pure, high quality whey isolate that will prove superior to other proteins down the road. For what you get and the overall effectiveness of the protein itself, I'd say it is well worth it. As some guys before me have stated, a bigger tub size with more servings would drastically improve the value.

Overall (9):

Iso-Tropic max is an all-around superb protein and worthy of a try for anyone looking to supplement their regimen with high quality pure whey isolate without the added unnecessary extras. The addition of Astragin, bcaas, and a solid dosage of pure whey isolate makes for an excellent general protein profile that will fit in to anyone's goals. Of course the unique flavors is always a good added bonus. My only complaint is that their needs to be some bigger tub sizes.

March 28, 2014

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Zero Fat Or Carbs
  • Rapid Digestion
  • Clinical Dose Of Astrigin
  • No Dyes
  • Needs Bigger Size Container
YEAH BUDDY!!! Big shout out to JoeFlah and BigRon himself for extending the opportunity for so many of us to pick out a couple products to try. My first and already reviewed was Stacked NO and my second was Isotropic Max so lets get to it!

Ok, first off I delayed this review for a while because I wanted to compare this to a couple other quality proteins, Muscle Feast and Nutrabio. I did this because I was experiencing some gastrointestinal issues with this and I wanted to see how my body would fare in comparison to some other known quality proteins. The long and short of it is...almost all proteins make me fart. Not too much I can do about that I guess and if a bunch of quality brands do it then it's not something I can hold against the brand, its just how my body is.

Ingredient Profile is pretty basic. 27g/31g are Whey Protein Isolate. The rest of the ingredients are Natural & Artificial Flavors, Citric Acid, AstraGinâ„¢, Sucralose, Acesulfame Potassium. The only extra ingredient of note is the AstraGin, which is an ingredient commonly used by RCCS and is supported to increase amino acid uptake by 66.7%.

Overall, its a pretty straightforward, simple profile with no fats, carbs, sugar, dyes, and is gluten free.

-----------

Effectiveness (8/10)

----------

This rating is pretty much based on the profile and the overall effect. It's hard to rate a protein on effectiveness for the most part. It is important to me to use a fast acting WPI post workout to get a head start on the rebuilding process. I try to workout at least 5 days a week and sometimes that's 3,4, or even 5 days straight so recovery is huge for me. I feel like this protein performed as expected. I know they were shooting for a straightforward product with this but there are other inclusions that would enhance the effects of a protein.

---------

Taste/Mixability (9/10)

----------

I was able to try the Pomegranate Berry version of this and it was incredibly good. It pretty much tasted like it was supposed to if that makes sense. It was very light and easy on the stomach. Kind of like drinking an amino drink not a protein drink. All I mixed it with was water (not adventurous enough to try with milk...haha). It mixed extremely well for the most part but there was always a small ball that refused to mix and would just float around. I just ate it and it was delicious.

------------

Price (6/10)

-----------

It's not a terrible price but I found it for 36.99 for 2 lb. My current standard for a GOOD protein is $15/lb. This is a good bit more than that price point but not unbearable if you really like it.

------------

Overall (8/10)

-------------

The taste and mixability was very good with this protein and it is a very straightforward profile with pretty much just protein and AstraGin. I think that there were other things they could have added (Leucine Peptides?), IDK. I'm generally more of a blend guy but I do appreciate the fact that they make this with the AstraGin and carry flavors other that Chocolate this or Vanilla that.

This can be a bit expensive at $18.50 a pound but keep in mind that you will walk into almost any store and pay the same for a lower quality protein. Buy online and you can save a lot and make up the difference. If you are looking for something other than the normal whey isolates out there, which even those can be a little heavy to drink 54g of protein for 2 scoops, and if you want something better quality than a fruity ion-exchange protein, then look here and check this out!

March 24, 2014

• Needs Bigger Size Container
First off i want to say thanks to Joeflah and bigron for sending me this as part of a log opp. Alright here we go.

Profile-10
This was my 1st time using a protein with 0 carbs and 0 fat i love the idea because im usually wanting to get a little extra protein in after a workout without adding any carbs while im on a cut.
27g per scoop and the rest of the profile is posted on every other review. Also the inclusion of Astragin for absorption is a huge plus.

Taste-7
I received Pom Berry The 1st time i tried this i would have given it a 5 maybe a 6 but it kind of grew on me. The fruity flavor to protein just isnt for me i guess i would love this same profile in maybe a chocolate flavor or other more traditional flavor. I take this after a workout so taste is kind of important here i dont want to be gagging after killing it in the gym exhausted. Use cold cold water for best taste.

Mixing-8
When i would put this in room temp. water it would be kind of a slimy texture and it was unpleasant for me to take down. When i started mixing it then sticking it in the fridge while i trained all problems went away as soon as i pulled it out and gave it one shake it was all completely dissolved and went down much easier. Also no dyes big plus!

Effectiveness-10
This did what you would want in an isolate protein helped hit my protein intake per day and no bloating or stomach issues at all for me.

Value/Price-7
You can find this most places for around 40 bucks for 30 serving which is a little steep but about what other isolates go for and you get what you pay for, plus im sure adding the astragin in there brings the price up a little.

Overall i was very pleased with it but like i said maybe get a 4 lb tub and add some other flavors in. Thanks again guys.

January 13, 2014

• No Dyes
  • More Servings Per Container For An Increase In Value Needed.
Thank you again to the RCSS line for participating in the ER program, and sending a plethora of product to the group to review. Next on the list, Iso-Tropic Max.

Overall: 8

Iso-Tropic Max is one of the cleanest protein supplements that I have had a chance to review.
All hydrolyzed whey, with no fats, sugars, carbs, or dyes. If your looking for rapid absorbing post workout Whey, this will meet your criteria and then some.

Profile: 9

Iron - 1%
Biotin - 2%
Iodine - 1%
Magnesium - 6%

Accompanied by a solid Amino Profile and a clinical dose of Astragin, (for optimal absorption) it doesn't get much cleaner than that.

Effectiveness: 9

Always a difficult assessment for a protein supplement. It didn't fall off from my previous protein supplement of choice, in fact it excelled. Protein works, it is simply a matter of how it agrees with you, and how your body responds. I was able to slam this down post workout, and always be hungry for a post workout meal within an hour after. Feeling as though it had processed quickly, with no bloat and or stomach issues ever.

Taste: 6

I had the chance to try blue raspberry. Not my first choice, and would now probably be my last. I'm a fan of blue raspberry, in second grade when blue raspberry blow pops came out, I was all about it. For my post workout, along with the strange sensation of the sense cool technology, was not always the most appealing. There were a few times that I found it slightly refreshing. After cardio or a hockey practice, but after a heavy lifting session, I would prefer a more traditional approach. I have heard that the toasted almond is pretty good, and if I were to try this again, that's the way I would go.

Mix ability: 9

This never needed blended or vigorously stirred, simply tossed in a shaker and your good to go. With very little sediment or grit, it was always easy to put down texturally speaking. Some slight foam which receded rather quickly never really seamed to be an issue. The appearance was nice and clear, white and dye free. You would never know you were about to have blue raspberry on your tongue.

Value: 8

You are paying for quality here. I would certainly like to see it less expensive, $35-40 for 30 servings. Yet it is not over priced when you look at the current rate of other hydrolyzed whey products. The only thing that I could think of to truly bump the value of this product, would be to provide a 60 serving tub for a few less dollars optional.

This is certainly a protein that I will be using again, I will simply choose another flavor. This is a great option post workout for those looking for one of the cleanest most quality oriented proteins on the market.

October 2, 2013

• Clinical Dose Of Astrigin
Huge thanks to King Ronnie Coleman and the ER team for letting me try this stuff as well as the Pro antium.

Lets get right into it. Most everyone else below broke down the Ingredients SO I will leave that with them

Ingredients 9
I will give it a 9 because I feel this is really good quality stuff that put in here.
Only 110 Calories per Serving
100% Pure Hydrolyzed Whey Isolate
AstraGinâ„¢ Enhanced for Maximum Absorption
27g Protein per Scoop
Amino Acid Profile Per 31g Serving
5710mg BCAAs Per Serving

What it does NOT have is
FAT
CARBS
SUGAR
ARTIFICIAL DYES
GLUTEN

That is pretty high Protein per scoop from most proteins I have used in the past. I love the addition of AstraGin in this as well. I feel this will be a common addition to most top shelf supplements in the future.
Its a great combo of everything that should be in a high
quality protein.

Effectiveness 9
Again I think a protein is only as effective as its put together and digested, so There I feel like this is a great choice. I never had stomach issues with digestion or gas or that huge bloated feeling that some tend to give me. I like that it feel light and the sensacool stuff tends to add to that LIGHT feeling. Or at least it does to me. I seem to always recovery well from this while I was using the Pro Antium as well I only used it Once a day Where as with this I was using 2 times a day on training days. Sometimes 3 but Rarely.

Taste 8
I had the toasted almond and that is something that I would never really pick but I wanted something a bit different as everyone has already said that the chocolate was like a Chocolate party in your mouth. I am not sure I would like that but still It must be good.
At first I was unsure about the sensacool thing, it caught me off gaurd, but toward the end of the never ending tub I started to look forward to that. I kinda gave it a clean feel or something. Its hard to describe. I would like to try some other flavors of this as well.

Value 8.5
Now that is not a bad score at all. You are getting some really top shelf ingredients with this. But most places this is running 45 + bucks for a 30 serving container. That puts price above the 1.50 mark. I did find it on nutraplanet for 37$ and that brings it to about 1.20. A bit lower but still a bit on the high end of some choices out there. I will say even though it says 30 servings. I felt like I got 100 out of it. But that could have been the way I took this as well. I eat A LOT so I do not rely on Protein drinks to get me what I need.

Overall 9
Even though I did not win the MR.O this year, I still feel this helped me recovery well and make some progress.
I am pleased to have tried this from such a stand up company. The reps here are top notch and I feel Ronnie should really pat them on the back. Its nice to see such a huge star in this business take part of his company , let alone take time out for us smaller peeps on SR.com. I am hoping to try to run the entire line of RCSS one day to really gauge how well things are stacked together. But until then I will just say , Ronnie you have made us Protein consumers Happy. Thanks again for the chance to try this out.