Beta Stim Reviews

By: Ronnie Coleman Signature Series

Overall
Overall

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Smooth Energy
  • Longer Lasting Energy
  • Superior Appetite Control
  • Pricey
What's up my brothers. Up for review today is RCSS's new product, Beta-Stim. Beta-Stim is their entry into the world of thermogenics and as such it calls itself a "7 stage Thermogenic Igniter" promising energy, focus, O2 amplification, fat loss support and appetite control. How'd it do – well let's take a look.

Profile: 9/10
Beta-Stim is broken mainly into 2 prop blends: the thermogenic complex and the energy/focus complex. There's also 5mg of niacin and a bit of B-12 thrown in as well. I'm going to include some of the highlighted ingredients but frankly I find very little value in over analyzing the ingredient profile of thermogenic products as most use a combination of herbs and stimulants that just aren't easily open to interpretation because there is so little clinical data available to establish what is an efficacious dose in the first place. Sure, we can get a "feel" for what to expect based on the ingredients, but other than that, it really comes down to actual experience using the product, however, I'll list them out briefly to be complete:

Stim Package: I really liked the inclusion of both instant and extended release stimulants. You've got your basic caffeine anhydrous but also PharmaSure XR caffeine. I found this to provide smooth and moderately long lasting energy that lasted longer than any other stim based thermo I've tried. It's a more subtle/subdued energy so stim junkies look elsewhere.

Focus/Mood: Schizandra and Huperzine A

Thermos: Acacia Rigidula, Higenamine HCL, NelumboNucifera, White Willow Bark, iFAS503(green tea, tuber fleece flower, parasitic laranthus)

Water Removal: Dandelion Root

Appetite Control: The iFAS503 and Acacia provided superior appetite control for me – something that most thermos have promised in the past but rarely delivered for me personally.

Metabolic Response: Diiodotyrosine (DIT), green coffe extract

Oxidation: Adhatoda Vasica

Like most thermos out there it's a pretty robust list of herbs and less than common ingredients that you can look up or go the the RCSS website for brief descriptions of each ingredient.

Dosing: 9/10
RCSS recommends taking 1 cap in the AM and 1 in the afternoon and after assessing tolerance adding a third cap to one of those doses. The warning is not to exceed 2 caps at once or more than 3 per day. I speculate that is due to the caffeine/stim content safety, however, I will admit that 3 caps was the sweet spot for me. I would take this in the early afternoon and found that it provided excellent energy and appetite control to get me through the second half of my day landscaping without any crash or jitters whatsoever.

I'm a bit cynical/jaded on most fat-burners or thermos. Most deliver very little other than a major stim effect which "theoretically" ramps up dat dere metabolism to the point where fat literally melts off you bro. Righhhtttt. Likewise, promises of increased lipolysis, targeted thermogenisis and various receptor activation have always fallen short for me personally. I'm not saying that these things don't happen – just that for someone like myself that hovers in between 15-20% BF, I find these properties to be of little value for fat loss compared to caloric restriction and training approaches. However, what I do look for is something to aid that approach and in this product, the appetite suppression worked wonderfully. It allowed me to cut about 300-400 calories (afternoon meal) out of my daily diet and the energy effect allowed me to continue to work throughout the day at a high rate. In my opinion, those two factors provided more weight loss than any of the other properties combined and when used regularly over time should help me achieve solid and lasting results.

This isn't cheap. Each bottle contains 60 caps so with my dosing scheme (3 per day) that provides 20 days worth of product. It can be found online for $39.99, so that's right underneath $2.00 per day. Normally I would not be all that gentle on a thermo product priced this high, especially considering that my current favorites Genomyx Decimate and PES Alphamine are a bit cheaper. However, while this didn't deliver the energy of Decimate, it did deliver greater weight loss so I will rate the value equal to both Alphamine and Decimate in my book because at the end of the day value is primarily a factor of how effective something is and what that is worth to the user. And like I've said before, I'm changing the way I spend my supplement dollars to purchasing fewer products, that while they are more expensive, they are certainly more effective than the cheaper drek out there.

We all react very differently to thermo products; and based on the comments of some of the other expert reviewers, there will be a wide range of experiences using this. However, for me personally, this adds a solid third choice to my arsenal of fat loss supplements – Alphamine, Decimate and now Beta-Stim. Each have their own strengths, however, I put Beta-Stim at the top of the list when using a caloric deficit to cut weight (or recomp) since the appetite suppression really assisted me in maintaining a lower caloric intake and sustaining smooth and clean energy which works both angles of the weight loss equation (eat less + work more).

• hulkish1
    October 9, 2013

this may make for a case that meuth and i got a bad batch because we didn't have the same effects you did, great review none the less

• joeflah13
    October 9, 2013

Great review Lava, I've noticed pretty much the exact same thing. 3 pills is my sweet spot, appetite suppression is superior and energy is mild but lasting.

@Hulk: ... possibly? I can talk to Derek and see what we can do about follow ups. I know Meuth was saying he felt it kick more at four caps, despite that killing the value aspect.

• BigRon8
    Rep for this Brand
    October 9, 2013

Thanks for the solid review bro. This is new to the market so prices aren't set yet. It should down lower than what you saw it for. probably another $5-%10

-Big Ron