Beta Stim Powder Reviews

By: Ronnie Coleman Signature Series

Overall
Overall
5.5
Thanks to Ronnie Coleman Signature Series for sending it out!
  May 26, 2015

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Diuretic Properties
  • Leaned Me Out
  • Mixability Needs Improvement
  • May Cause Increased Urination

This was my first time using a Ronnie Coleman product, thanks to the ER program! I have utilized a few thermogenic products in the past with varying, but noticeable results from all of them. I expected this to deliver, as I have read/heard good things from the Ronnie Coleman line.
I continued with my 6-7 days a week working out, and no changes in diet that I would not have made without the use of this product (did some carb cycling, high protein diet).

This label looks neat and professionally put together (I like!) and the product boosts it's a "7 phase thermogenic igniter" (see effectiveness section of review below).
The supplement facts are listed, but the majority is a prop blend:

Supplement Facts Embed Facts
Serving Size: 1 Scoop (4 g)
Servings Per Container: 30
Amount
Per Serving % Daily
Value*
Niacin 5 mg 25%
Vitamin B12 6 mcg 100%
XR Energy & Focus Compound
Choline Bitartrate, L-Tyrosine, Extended Release Caffeine (Caffeine Anhydrous & PharmaShure SR Caffeine), Schizandra Extract, Synephrine HCL, Ginger Root Extract and Huperzine A. 1,315 mg **
7 Phase Thermogenic Complex
Acacia rigidula, iFAS503 (Green Tea, Tuber Fleeceflower & Parasitic Laranthus), Adhatoda Vasica, Dandelion Root, Green Coffee Extract, White Willow (Bark), Higenamine & NeluLean (Nelumbo nucifera) & Diiodotyrosine. 406 mg **
* Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
** Daily Values not established
Other Ingredients: Natural and Artificial Flavors, Citric Acid, Malic Acid, Sucralose, Acesulfame Potassium and FD&C Red No. 40.

I was familiar with some of these components (caffeine, synephrine, higenamine...things that can amp you up). The Ronnie Coleman website does a not job of pointing out some of the herbal components and what they are supposed to do for the user. Of the thermogenic section, I counted on the dandelion root (diuretic) to hopefully dry me out a bit. The higenamine, green tea extract and green coffee extract I have seen used as thermogenic ingredients before, and seem popular, so was hoping that this product overall would really deliver!

The other ingredients I wasn't sure about, because I really haven't used them enough to judge; being a prop blend you never know exactly how much of those is in each scoop either.
It has your normal artifical flavoring and colors (Red 40- yuck, sometimes gives me headaches).

6.0/10
The flavor I was sent was Melonberry Cooler. I know a lot of people were fans of this, but personally I did not care for it at all. The first few days of taking it I really had to force it down. I tended to mix more water with it than many (like 20 ounces of water per scoop), and never tried to drink more than one scoop at a time. The actual flavor was not fruity, but slightly melony, with hints of other random artificial fruit flavors.

Mixability was a downfall of this powder. It never completely mixed and even with vigorous shaking, some dust would settle at the bottom of the shaker. I always found myself re-shaking this in my blender cup and swirling the grit around to get as much drank without leaving residue. The color did not stain my shaker cup, so that was a plus.

Dosing is really simple. It is an economicable sized tub, not super huge, and the small scoop worked well. It was one simple, small scoop per serving.

6.5/10
I want to say that this was not at all stim-heavy for me. I am a larger caffeine user than most people and always have my morning coffee. I never felt jittery and the only "noticeable" effect after drinking was sometimes a faint redness/flushing, but nothing that interrupted my activities. The first scoops was taken right when I woke up, usually before any food was eaten, and the 2nd scoop later in the day, mixed in either standalone, or with my PWO.

I did weigh in at 180.5 lbs the morning of the last dose of this (my heaviest weight in the last few months), and honestly feel that I appear leaner than I have in many weeks. I am seeing more definition in my smaller muscle groups (like delts) and I have seen a leaner appearance to my midsection. I didn't get shredded, cut-up abs, nor did I obviously drop a lot of weight from this, as I had been standing around 175 lbs for quite some time earlier this year.

In my honest opinion, I feel that this worked best as a slight thermogenic, and also had some diuretic properties to it as well. While I used it, I found myself urinating more than normal (I drink a lot of water as it is, and this was not a pleasant side effect! Though, this also showed me that it WAS in fact working as a diuretic.) I also had a bit of an off smell to my urine, like when you eat asparagus, which I am attributing to one of the many herbal components of this. That subsided after I stopped use. Because of the polyuria (increased urination) and strange pee smell, I never tried increasing it from 2 scoops a day total.

As for the appetite suppression, I felt that for the first handful of days, but that quickly disappeared and I did not honestly feel like it was giving me any appetite suppression by the 2nd week and throughout the remainder of taking the Beta Stim.

5.5/10
This is outrageously priced on Ronnie Coleman's website at $49.99 for 30 scoops (I have a 45 scoop tub, and don't see that on the website for sale)
On other popular internet sites it runs $29.99; some retailers have it marked as sold out, so available is a potential concern.
This also comes in a capsule form (60 count) for the price of a tub.

If you use it 2 scoops a day that's a little over $2 a day for the product, with shipping. I would not purchase a thermogenic that doesn't absolutely shred me up, for that price, but may be worth it for some.

Side Effects

Other than the increased urination and odd pee smell, I didn't notice any other side effects. I did not notice it really increasing my mental focus or mood, which would have been a nice side effect to see.

Conclusion

This product did not taste super delicious, and I would not spend the money on it for myself. It did help me get a tighter look to my midsection and some more definition in areas that I like to see. Overall, I would recommend it for someone looking for a mild thermogenic in regards to how it makes you feel (never jittery, flushed, hot, etc.) but not to expect earth-shattering results. I would like to see if the other Ronnie Coleman products would work well for me. Thanks RCSC for letting me give this a whirl!

• BigRon8
    Rep for this Brand
    May 29, 2015

thanks for the review we will keep working to make this one better. already adding some new ingredients. yeah buddy!

• BigRon8
    Rep for this Brand
    June 10, 2015

Also wanted to let you know that company direct website pricing is always higher than online retailers. we cant sell it on our site for the same price as our patterns do as that would cause business relationship problems. we want their sites as well as our retail stores to be the destination for consumers to buy so using the price on our site isnt a fair assessment. its normally 29.99 all day in stores and other online retailers and we typically run aggressive deals with it like the current two pack at 44.99 on tigerfitness.com. that's $22.50 a bottle

as for your flavor issue you are mixing one scoop with WAY too much water which is why the flavor may not taste as good as you want. the water is thinning it out. we give a suggested amount of water to use on the label directions for a reason.

• Samazon
    June 11, 2015

Thank you BigRon8 for mentioning the pricing. I did comment on the website price as well as outside retailers, as when I wrote the review I honestly did not find this product as available as I expected, and of the internet retailers it showed $29 pretty much across the board.

The flavor just wasn't my bag, but if I happened across it again I could try mixing it with less water again. I tried both ways, but would give a different flavor a try before going back to this one- or maybe the capsules;-)