Ranks #90 (better than 7%)
In: Weight Loss > Thermogenics

Beta Stim Powder is a Thermogenic Weight Loss Product manufactured by Ronnie Coleman Signature Series. It increases the body's temperature and raises metabolism, helping to burn more calories and assist with fat loss.

Weight Loss > Thermogenics

Welcome to SupplementReviews.com

The supplement industry is notorious for agressive marketing and misinformation.

Gkeezy
TROOPer Level: 73
  July 15, 2015

Thanks to Ronnie Coleman Signature Series for sending it out!
As part of the SR Troops I was able to receive the Beta Stim by Ronnie Coleman thermogenic.

I have always been a fan of thermogenics, as I know they tend to provide fat oxidation and fat loss as well as mood elevation, energy and other benefits. I was very excited to try this product.

Ingredients:

Serving size: 45 Servings at 1 Scoop

Niacin-5mg
Vitamin b- 6mcg

XR Energy & Focus Compound - 1315mg

Choline Bitartrate, L-Tyrosine, Extended Release Caffeine, Schizandra Extract, Synephrine HCL, Ginger Root Extract & Huperzine A.

7 Phase Thermogenic Complex - 406mg

Acacaia Rigidula, iFAS503 (Green Tea, Tuber, Fleeceflower, Parasitic Laranthus), Adhatoda Visica, Dandelion Root, Green Coffee Extract, White Willow (bark), Higenamine & NeluLean & Diiodotyrosine.

The problem I have with the ingredients is because of the proprietary blend its hard to know how much exactly of each ingredient you are getting, so you are stuck to base this review just on how my body handled the product.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Taste: 5/10 - I received the Moonberry Cooler flavor. Honestly I am not a fan of anything "Cooler" Flavor as per some of the previous Ronnie Coleman products ive tried. For me the Moonberry was very tarty and just did not sit well with me. It was def not enjoyable and at some point I would just scoop the powder in my mouth and wash it down with water, because I did not want to deal with the taste. Let's be honest, its not the worst tasting product ive tried, but def not the greatest, by any means.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dosages: The product dosage is very simple, taken in the morning at 1 scoop, I usually took it on an empty stomach with fasted cardio just to give it that extra jolt. I ended up going up to 2 scoops per day, spread apart about 7-8 hours apart. My last scoop was around 6pm, as I didnt' want this product to lead to any sleep deprivation, and it didnt.

The problem with doing it at 2 scoops it that you're cutting the servings in half of the 45 servings. It comes out to about 22.5 servings.

Effectiveness: 6.3 / 10

I will divide the effectiveness on a few categories:

Energy: 8.5/10 - The energy was pretty amazing. I didnt feel like my body got a lot hotter or I was sweating more, but there was no need for a morning coffee when I lacked some sleep the night before. The energy lasted a while too. As it began to come down, I could still feel it in my body even if risidually diminishing.

Appetite Control: 4/10 - Although when I first took it, I wasnt too hungry, a few hours later I was starving and it was so bad I felt that I had to eat extra calories just so my stomach would stop rumbling. I have taken a few thermogenics in the past and the appetite control has always lasted for a good amount of time. However, with Beta Stim it was only like a few hours, if at all, maybe it was all in my head, who knows. Not a clear winner in this category.

Mood Elevation: 10/10 - I feel like this is where the product really shined for me. It elevated my mood as I was on some happy pills. It was pretty amazing. Schizandra Extract is a natural plant extract used in traditional Chinese medicine to support concentration, memory and alertness as well as a "stabilizing" effect. Huperzine A is an acetylcholinesterase inhibitor and NMDA receptor antagonist suggested to be effective in supporting cognitive performance. I guess I would attribute my feel good days on these ingredients. Again I am not sure how much of each ingredient at what dose was in the product, but all I know is that it worked well.

Thermogenic/Fat Loss: 3/10 - Its hard for me to give a good rating in this field as this product did not really give me much of any fat loss at all. I did not see much in terms of the scale, maybe 1 or 2 lbs max, did not see much body composition changes at all. I feel like this product for me personally did not work.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Value: 8.5 / 10 - Although I receive this product through SR Troops it goes for about $30 on BB.com, and if you stick at 1 scoop per day, I have a high tolerance for supplements so I can handle more, but most people should stay at 1 scoop for the entire duration. If you stay at one scoop you get 45 days worth of product for $30 bucks. Pretty sweet deal. If this product worked wonders for me, I would stack up a buy 10 containers, but alas it did not.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Overall: 6.8 / 10 - Overall I give this a 6.8 out of 10. Its cheap and it gives some good things, like energy and mood, which are always great. However, because of the lack of thermogensis and some of the side effects, it gets a high 6.

Side Effects: One main side effect I had was Bowel Issues and bathroom runs, right after taking this product. And it wasnt the most comfortable bowel movements. I tried to take this with food a few times, but noticed that the bowel movements were still there so kept it at on an empty stomach.

Would I recommend this product to others ? A weak "sure". Its not too expensive and it works for you, than its a great deal.
  • Bowel Issues
medinacirilo
TROOPer Level: 42
  June 11, 2015

Thanks to Ronnie Coleman Signature Series for sending it out!
So here I am, doing the first of my "SR Trooper" reviews. Which I am VERY grateful and excited to be a part of, and I think is an awesome concept! Big thanks to the SR Admin for even making this happen, and of course Big Ronnie and his company for getting this into our grimy little hands to pick apart. I finished this about two weeks ago. I upped my cardio, of course for all the summer stuff coming up. Also cleaned up the diet a bit, with a little "intermittent fasting" thrown in; my last meal is/was before 7pm, breakfast at 10-11ish. Hey i tried! As far as lifting routine, i modified my 4-day "bro-split" by removing arms from their respective days, and doing arms on their own day. This makes it a 5-day routine, and gives me more time in the gym for cardio (I'm a busy guy!). I finally got off the graveyard shift and went to swings; great for sleep and rest, but bad for family life. So I'm trying to slowly ease myself off of the stims. Its not going too well! Anyways, on to the Product itself; RCSS Beta Stim. With summer coming, I jumped at the chance to try a fat-burner. Well, lets get into it.

This product looked, felt and mixed about the same as any other RCSS Powdered product I've tried (Testogen, Myo-Blitz), which was a slightly grainy texture, took a few shakes or stirs, and would separate if left standing. But man, do they have their flavor department on point!!! I tried the Melonberry Cooler, and was impressed. It was a little too sweet at first, took some adjustments with the water (20 oz) to get where i wanted. The taste was of honeydew and cantaloupe, and maybe a sweet fruit gum flavor. I never got tired of the flavor. For the most part, I took 2 scoops a day, with an extra here or there. First Scoop as soon as i woke up, second later during the day when i felt like.

PROFILE-6 Seriously, this has been beat to death the last few weeks so I'll spare you the reading. Its got all the usual fat-burning players split into two prop-blends. The "XR Energy & Focus Compound" has your Choline Bitrate, L-Tyrosine, Extended Release Caffeine, Schizandra Extract, and Synephrine HCL. The "7-Phase Thermogenic Complex" has White willow bark, Higenamine, and a bunch of roots. Sorry, its late! Samazon and Kalans did an outstanding job breaking it down, so head to their reviews if you want.

EFFECTIVENESS-6 This was a little hard for me to decide. If I was to rate solely on energy, I'd go for a high 6/maybe low-7. Like I've said, I'm a recovering stim-junkie, so I took this not expecting much in the energy and alertness department. It took about a half hour to hit, but I experienced a nice awakening and good mood, which lasted a several hours. Its not a preworkout, so I never expected to be ampped out of my mind (i wasn't) I did experience some decent hunger suppression, but not much thermogenic effect or sweating. For me, it never lost its magic, I felt the same effects the whole can. Now, bear in mind, this is a Fat-Burner, so if it doesn't burn fat its not performing its job. I went from 266lbs to about 261. I noticed some leaning effects in my arms, upper chest, and the wife says my stomach shrunk a bit. Of course this didnt happen by taking a powder alone, my changes to diet and cardio had a big part in it! But it (and any supplement) is to assist, not do the work for you.

SIDE EFFECTS-6 Not much in the way of jitterness, over-stim, or shakiness. But it does have some legit diuretic properties. I was urinating LOTS, and it was a nuisance! No stomach issues or nausea to report. I didn't have any insomnia problems either, but I'm pretty sure i could sleep after an espresso too, so your experience may vary.

VALUE-4 This is going for about $30 a can, with 45 serving per can. Sounds about right if it was a preworkout, but its not. Dosed at 2 scoops a day, this lasts right around 3 weeks! Big changes to your body composition take Months, not weeks. You'll need 2 cans to really reap the benefits of this. A 60 serving can would be perfect!

OVERALL-5 I did enjoy this, and felt it has potential in the long(er) run. But when a can runs empty on you, just as your seeing some progress, its a big turnoff. With so many other options available, I'd be hard pressed to purchase this, at its current serving size.
  • Leaned Me Out
  • Below Average Value
  • May Cause Increased Urination
bosox516
TROOPer Level: 5

June 10, 2015

Thanks to Ronnie Coleman Signature Series for sending it out!
Hello again, everybody! This is my first TROOPs review, and I want to thank SR.com for offering a great opportunity to their regular member. Thanks are due to RCSS as well for participating. Good on you, folks.

Beta-Stim is a “7 phase thermogenic igniter.” These 7 phases are described as “instant and extended energy, thermogenic activators, mental focus and mood, excess water management, appetite control, metabolism support, and oxidation.” Clearly this product promises a whole lot, and I’ll get into whether it delivers in a bit. First, the profile.

INGREDIENTS: C+

There are a few interesting things in here, but most are old hat for this product category. The contents are separated into two proprietary blends, which are most likely underdosed. At two scoops, you can count on some things approaching effectiveness, but the single serving is weak sauce. There is also no disclosure of caffeine content. You do get the standard complement of b2-ARAs, which have been pretty effective for me in the past.

A decent write-up on the ingredients can be found here: http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/ronnie-coleman-signature-series/beta-stim.html Of course, this little blurb says a lot of what these ingredients MIGHT do, but not what they actually do.

What I found most interesting about the profile was the iFAS503 proprietary concoction of green tea, tuber fleeceflower, and parasitic laranthus. These ingredients are supposed to inhibit the action of fatty acid synthase, which seems good at first, but after a bit of thinking I’m not so sure. The way I see it, excess calories are excess calories, and those excess calories must be stored as fat. Inhibiting FAS just might make the process take a bit longer. Even if these ingredients DO inhibit FAS, they can’t make whatever would have been converted into fatty acids disappear. Extra calories have to go somewhere. In other words, even you close down a lane, that doesn’t mean you have fewer cars. You just have a bottleneck. The volume of traffic is still the same. This just seems like a marketing ploy to me.

TASTE/MIXABILITY: B+

I loved the taste of this stuff. There was a touch of bitterness in the aftertaste sometimes, which is difficult to mask with some of these ingredients, but otherwise it was thoroughly enjoyable. It never did seem to dissolve completely, though. Always a bit of grit left swimming around near the bottom.

EFFECTIVENESS: B-

Obviously with ingredients like this, you’ll get a nice energy boost. I didn’t get any sort of “time-release” effect though. There was no discernible difference between this product and anything else I’ve taken with caffeine. Focus and mood were pretty consistent with what I’d expect from the ingredients, and definitely pleasant first thing in the morning. Appetite control was pretty much nil, as it usually is with me. I think any dissipation of hunger pangs was probably just due to the water I’d drink with each serving.

The thermogenic effect was consistently inconsistent. Sometimes it was very present – I’d be breaking a sweat sitting at my desk, and drenched in minutes with any kind of activity. Sometimes there wasn’t any perceivable thermogenesis whatsoever. In my experience with similar products, this one falls somewhere in the middle.

The most noticeable effect for me was water management. I noticed a lot less “puffiness” in my appearance, more vascularity, and more visible striations and separation between muscle groups. I also feel like I urinated more frequently. This is a nice benefit from an aesthetic perspective, but it doesn’t actually mean anything in terms of body composition. Still, I can see the water management being an appealing feature.

I was able to keep my weight consistent, with maybe a loss of a pound or two, but that could be attributed (probably more accurately) to tweaks in my diet. I did see a bit of a rebound in my weight when I finished the tub, so I assume most of the change I saw was just water weight. Ultimately, Beta-Stim became a tasty kick of energy when I needed it, and it performed consistently in that capacity at least.

SIDE EFFECTS: A-

The only real negative side effect I can mention came with my first dose. I took it about 20 minutes pre-workout, and by the time I’d finished my warm-ups, I had an emergent need to get to a toilet. It was pretty bad, and I nearly didn’t make it in time (or so it felt). That was the only time I had such an experience, however, so it may just be an anomaly. Considering the first ingredient in the energy blend is choline, I'd say it's quite possibly the culprit. Otherwise, no anxiety, jitters, or otherwise uncomfortable effects.

VALUE: C-

Looks to be right about $30 from most vendors, perhaps a bit less. For my needs, that is not a price I’d pay. This is a 45 single serving tub, and I was at 3 scoops some days, 2 others, depending on my training and schedule. This severely limits the life of one tub. I don’t expect anyone would find 1 scoop fitting, so I can’t see any way to redeem the value. I think iSamurai suggested a 60 serving tub, which would be much more reasonable, and at an average of 2 scoops a day, a full month’s supply. That would adhere to the usual “30 for 30” rule of thumb I like to use -- $30 for 30 days.

To conclude, RCSS Beta-Stim powder tastes great, and offers great energy and marketing tactics. That’s about it. The most interesting aspects of the ingredient profile don’t measure up, and there’s potential for some seriously inconvenient side effects (some other users seemed to have a worse time than I did). Save your $30, eat better, do a little extra cardio, and drink some Kool-Aid for comparable taste.

Thanks SR.com for the TROOPs program, and thanks RCSS for participating. This product wasn’t a home run for me, but I’d call it a ground-ball single.
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Taste Great
  • Below Average Value
  • Inconsistent Appetite SuppressionThermo
  • Possible GI Issues
Durden998
  June 1, 2015

Thanks to Ronnie Coleman Signature Series for sending it out!

I switched jobs in the last 6 months to a very fast paced highly physical one. Due to this I am always looking for a new energy/preworkout type supplement to take before the start of my shift so when I saw this on the TROOPer program I jumped on the chance to give it a try. While not on any kind of cut if I became more lean as a result of taking this that would be great but I was far more interested in the energy aspect of this.

This has been broken down pretty well by others so I wont dive into it. One thing to note though is that the profile is given in prop blends.....I know I know these are evil and straight from the devil blah blah blah blah. Prop blends are a part of taking supps and I accepted this long ago but if a product contains caffeine I would like to know how much caffeine is in it so I dont consume more then I would like to in a days time.

I had the wild cherry bomb and it tasted really really good. I enjoyed and looked forward to drinking my 2 scoops in the morning. I never had any problems at all with it mixing, like most supps there was sometimes a bit left at the bottom but simply put a bit more water into the shaker and you're good to go.

This is where this product begins to suffer a bit.

*Thermo- I simply never felt a thermo effect from this.....no extra body heat, no sweaty feeling,nothing at all in this dept

*Appetite Suppression- to me this was where this product preformed the best. Every morning after 2 scoops it became much much harder to consume my normal amount of breakfast. Sometimes I would begin eating before the 30 minute mark after taking it but the times I waited the full 30 I could def tell the difference.

*Energy- this was a big let down for me 2 scoops in the morning was basically just a light pick me up. When I first got this product I intended on taking it before work but quickly realized it wasnt nearly strong enough for that. I tried 1 scoop in the morning and then 2 before work and again it still wasnt strong enough so I just began using 2 scoops every morning to shake off that sleepy feeling that I have when I wake up every day.

Value for this depends on how you take it. For me using 2 scoops a day the value is so-so but if you are taking the full 3 scoops a day it bottoms the value out pretty damn bad. Liked every else has said a 60 scoop tub would be much better then the 45 scoop tub that I was sent.

Side Effects

0 side effects other then maybe a trip or two to the bathroom but I took it in the morning so if theres ever a time I dont mind an extra trip to the bathroom its in the morning time. I never had any problems with that when taken before work.

Conclusion

For me this product did not pack nearly the punch that I am looking for from a supp like this. The appt suppression was nice but for me personally the energy aspect is much more important. Also the lack of the thermo effect was a let down as well. One other thing to note was the part about the excess water control had me a bit worried that it was going to have me running to the bathroom every 5 minutes and leave me a bit dehydrated but I had 0 problems with this. So would I purchase this? No. It simply isnt strong enough for me but I could def see how someone with a lighter stim tolerance could take this and with the appt suppression use it to lose some solid pounds.
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Appetite Control
  • Taste Great
  • Taste Good
  • Needs More Servings
  • Lack Of Thermo Effect
  • Could Be Stronger In The Energy Dept.
kalans
TROOPer Level: 70

May 27, 2015

Thanks to Ronnie Coleman Signature Series for sending it out!
I was given the opportunity to test and review Ronnie Coleman Signature Series Beta-Stim powder through the SRTROOPS program, which I want to give a BIG Shout Out and THANK YOU to SupplementReviews.com and Ronnie Coleman (and team) for participating with the SRTROOPS! I have used fat burners in the past and did experience effective results, but I have never had one in powder form. This review is for the FULL 45 Serving product in the Melonberry Cooler flavor. This is not a paid review, but one that I was given the product for free in exchange of submitting a completely honest review. This is the first product of the Ronnie Coleman line that I had a chance to review and log, which can be seen below:

You can read my FULL 21 day log in the following link: http://goo.gl/5fZLwB

Product Image (Image Link): http://goo.gl/uk01eP

Formula
Seen below in the image, you can see this product is all contained in two Proprietary Blends. For those who aren't aware, Proprietary Blends are ingredients listed in a total mix where the dosages of each are not known. There are many drawbacks to the consumer when the ingredients are given in this way, but one important element you need to know is how effective it is! Below the ingredients are listed as well, because currently it is difficult to find as the RCSS line seems to be discontinuing the pill form of Beta-Stim.

Supplement Facts (Image Link): http://goo.gl/eyMWGJ

Supplement Facts (Taken from Samazon's Review, Thank You Sam!)
Serving Size: 1 Scoop (4 g)
Servings Per Container: 45
Amount Per Serving % Daily Value
Niacin 5 mg 25%
Vitamin B12 6 mcg 100%
XR Energy & Focus Compound (1,315mg)
7 Phase Thermogenic Complex (406mg)

Other Ingredients: Natural and Artificial Flavors, Citric Acid, Malic Acid, Sucralose, Acesulfame Potassium and FD&C Red No. 40.

These ingredients are known to effective at helping burn fat, but I would suggest reading what is advertised on their website: http://goo.gl/zFOVpv

Mixability
I used several different cups/bottles to mix this up including: mesh screened shaker cup, wire ball shaker cup, and a regular cup with a fork. Each time in all of these cups I mixed 1-3 leveled scoops (4g/8g/12g) to the 4/6/8/10/12 ounces of water. This product was not very effective at mixing, as it seems the flavoring system dissolves but the remaining ingredients seem to sink to the bottom of the cup. Being this product label does not say how much water to mix it in, I went ahead and tried mixing this at many different amounts of ounces. I feel no amount of water really affected the mixability negatively or positively, but did offset the taste. Did this affect the product? Not at all, just give a shake in between drinks or chugs and you will be fine.

Mixability Image Links: http://goo.gl/rUX1Vp http://goo.gl/sXpGjD

Taste
I decided to take the Melonberry Cooler flavor, which was a very tasty treat! I really did enjoy the flavor of this product, as it it did mask the taste of the many ingredients. Being in the reviewer standpoint I will say that it was a bit too sweet and chalky tasting, which is why I tried it with different amounts of water.

I used this product in several different ways: pre workout (60 minutes and 30 minutes), post workout (immediately), and intra workout (after warming up and within a few sets through most of the workout). In each of these times: I was in a fasted state between 1-2 hours since eating, took it without pre workout and with, and used 1-3 scoops to have as an effective dose. The product was effective at 2 scoops + but if you are wanting to use it as alternative to a Pre-Workout you might have to take more than one dose.

Effectiveness (5.5/10)
Beta-Stim is marketed as a "7 Phase Thermogenic Igniter" which is about 7 different phases.

1. Instant & Extended Energy (7.5/10)
I did experience a heightened level of energy immediately and an extended level of energy while using this product, but it seemed to die off as the scoops continued.

2. Thermogenic Activators (8.4/10)
With the ingredients contained in this product I had an effective combo just in time for the summer. I can't say if this led to more fat loss, but I can say that I did sweet plenty!

3. Mental Focus & Mood (6/10)
The energy was great from this product, but the "tunnel vision" like focus did not stay throughout this product as strong.

4. Excess Water Balance (4/10)
I can't really say that I noticed much of a difference for my total water balance in my body, of course I am not at a low level of body fat so it may be less noticeable for me. As per the scale, I did see a fluctuation on my body weight day by day.

5. Appetite Control (7.5/10)
I really did see a great reduction in my appetite, at which I even found it difficult to make myself eat if within a 3-5 hour time frame from consuming.

6. Metabolic Response (3/10)
After putting in a some time at the gym having a grueling workout you heighten your level of caloric usage, but I can't really say I noticed a difference at rest with taking this product.

7. Oxidation (2/10)
As your heart rate increases with the addition of oxygen consumption via workout out, you will tend to feel short winded which is why Ronnie and his team added Adhatoda Vasica which is a bronchodilator (http://goo.gl/1fHuqT). In short a bronchodilator will open the airways in your lungs allowing air to move in and out more effectively with less resistance, but being a Proprietary Blend we aren't told the actual dosage of this ingredient. I did not feel much of a decrease in my work of breathing, but I did notice I was not sighing as much as I do with other fat burners.

Copied from my log
(FINAL Measurements for RCSS Beta-Stim, SNS Focus XT Log!)
Age: 28
Height: 6 foot 3 inches
Weight: 276.4lbs (loss of 2.8lbs)
Left Bicep: 16.75in, 17.35in flexed (loss of 0.45in, loss of 0.15in)
Right Bicep: 17.05in, 17.75in flexed (loss of 0.15, loss of 0.05in)
Neck: 18in
Waist: 44.5in (loss of 0.5in)
Right Thigh: 27.5in (gain of 0.25in)
Left Thigh: 26.15in (loss of 0.35in)
Right Calf: 16.45in (gain of 0.15)
Left Calf: 16.75in (gain of 0.25)
Shoulders: 28in (loss of 1.5in)
Chest: 47.5in (loss of 1.5in)

Previous Measurements: http://goo.gl/lZ6XWX

As you can see the results are decent, and being I only got 21 days on this 45 serving product it was working, but may have needed more time. I can see a tighter chest and waistline, but not too noticeable. My pec muscles seem to have less fat or water, as it is more solid with less "wiggle". I would say that my experience is positive, but due to the short length of time and the side effect I experienced I was only able to rate this section to a 5.5/10

Side Effects
By now you may have forgotten the title of this review "RCSS Beta-Stim: Feel The Power In The Bowl!", well there is a good reason for this.. If you have not read my log of using this product I will say that I have experienced more trips to the bathroom due to this product than I have for any other. It seems that it did not matter what time I consumed this product, or if it was consumed with/without food. The strong urge I felt would hit me at different times, but I never had an accident to say the least! The amount of scoops did not seem to change this, as I experienced it from day one onto day 21 even when I had increased my fiber intake.

Value (4.5/10)
Just as in many of these reviews, this is a new product and you are limited to where you can get it. Right now the ONLY place I can find it is on Ronniecoleman.net at the price of $49.99, but they show the product as being 30 scoops and not the 45 that I was given. Seeing as I only got 21 servings out of the 45 serving container, the value of this product is very low. I would like to see this product sold on other retailers, and at different serving options as other similar products are (80+ servings).

Overall (6/10)
I am not too impressed with this product, but it did work decently in the short 3 weeks that I took it. If I was to consume it for a course of 8 weeks I would expect this product to deliver in all areas that are advertised, but due to having only a "45 serving" container I must rate it on what I had. I would recommend this product to someone who has the money, but at this cost I feel the ECA option weighs in better.

Conclusion
I have lost 75 pounds at two separate times in the past, but it was accomplished with more than just a supplement.. More frequent meals with the correct portions! This is just another supplement to "help" you lose fat, but if you really want to see results you MUST have an appropriate diet and exercise program.

Bottom Line: Funny this isn't actually the bottom line.. These are supplements, not replacements! Have the proper diet and exercise routine/program down, and then start supplementing when you want that extra help!

I want to say thank you again to SupplementReviews and the SRTROOPS program, along with Big Ronnie and his team for submitting this product for review on this site. Thank you for reading, and comment below :)
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Appetite Control
  • Taste Great
  • Bowel Issues
Samazon
TROOPer Level: 56

May 26, 2015

Thanks to Ronnie Coleman Signature Series for sending it out!

This was my first time using a Ronnie Coleman product, thanks to the ER program! I have utilized a few thermogenic products in the past with varying, but noticeable results from all of them. I expected this to deliver, as I have read/heard good things from the Ronnie Coleman line.
I continued with my 6-7 days a week working out, and no changes in diet that I would not have made without the use of this product (did some carb cycling, high protein diet).

This label looks neat and professionally put together (I like!) and the product boosts it's a "7 phase thermogenic igniter" (see effectiveness section of review below).
The supplement facts are listed, but the majority is a prop blend:

Supplement Facts Embed Facts
Serving Size: 1 Scoop (4 g)
Servings Per Container: 30
Amount
Per Serving % Daily
Value*
Niacin 5 mg 25%
Vitamin B12 6 mcg 100%
XR Energy & Focus Compound
Choline Bitartrate, L-Tyrosine, Extended Release Caffeine (Caffeine Anhydrous & PharmaShure SR Caffeine), Schizandra Extract, Synephrine HCL, Ginger Root Extract and Huperzine A. 1,315 mg **
7 Phase Thermogenic Complex
Acacia rigidula, iFAS503 (Green Tea, Tuber Fleeceflower & Parasitic Laranthus), Adhatoda Vasica, Dandelion Root, Green Coffee Extract, White Willow (Bark), Higenamine & NeluLean (Nelumbo nucifera) & Diiodotyrosine. 406 mg **
* Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
** Daily Values not established

I was familiar with some of these components (caffeine, synephrine, higenamine...things that can amp you up). The Ronnie Coleman website does a not job of pointing out some of the herbal components and what they are supposed to do for the user. Of the thermogenic section, I counted on the dandelion root (diuretic) to hopefully dry me out a bit. The higenamine, green tea extract and green coffee extract I have seen used as thermogenic ingredients before, and seem popular, so was hoping that this product overall would really deliver!

The other ingredients I wasn't sure about, because I really haven't used them enough to judge; being a prop blend you never know exactly how much of those is in each scoop either.
It has your normal artifical flavoring and colors (Red 40- yuck, sometimes gives me headaches).

6.0/10
The flavor I was sent was Melonberry Cooler. I know a lot of people were fans of this, but personally I did not care for it at all. The first few days of taking it I really had to force it down. I tended to mix more water with it than many (like 20 ounces of water per scoop), and never tried to drink more than one scoop at a time. The actual flavor was not fruity, but slightly melony, with hints of other random artificial fruit flavors.

Mixability was a downfall of this powder. It never completely mixed and even with vigorous shaking, some dust would settle at the bottom of the shaker. I always found myself re-shaking this in my blender cup and swirling the grit around to get as much drank without leaving residue. The color did not stain my shaker cup, so that was a plus.

Dosing is really simple. It is an economicable sized tub, not super huge, and the small scoop worked well. It was one simple, small scoop per serving.

6.5/10
I want to say that this was not at all stim-heavy for me. I am a larger caffeine user than most people and always have my morning coffee. I never felt jittery and the only "noticeable" effect after drinking was sometimes a faint redness/flushing, but nothing that interrupted my activities. The first scoops was taken right when I woke up, usually before any food was eaten, and the 2nd scoop later in the day, mixed in either standalone, or with my PWO.

I did weigh in at 180.5 lbs the morning of the last dose of this (my heaviest weight in the last few months), and honestly feel that I appear leaner than I have in many weeks. I am seeing more definition in my smaller muscle groups (like delts) and I have seen a leaner appearance to my midsection. I didn't get shredded, cut-up abs, nor did I obviously drop a lot of weight from this, as I had been standing around 175 lbs for quite some time earlier this year.

In my honest opinion, I feel that this worked best as a slight thermogenic, and also had some diuretic properties to it as well. While I used it, I found myself urinating more than normal (I drink a lot of water as it is, and this was not a pleasant side effect! Though, this also showed me that it WAS in fact working as a diuretic.) I also had a bit of an off smell to my urine, like when you eat asparagus, which I am attributing to one of the many herbal components of this. That subsided after I stopped use. Because of the polyuria (increased urination) and strange pee smell, I never tried increasing it from 2 scoops a day total.

As for the appetite suppression, I felt that for the first handful of days, but that quickly disappeared and I did not honestly feel like it was giving me any appetite suppression by the 2nd week and throughout the remainder of taking the Beta Stim.

5.5/10
This is outrageously priced on Ronnie Coleman's website at $49.99 for 30 scoops (I have a 45 scoop tub, and don't see that on the website for sale)
On other popular internet sites it runs $29.99; some retailers have it marked as sold out, so available is a potential concern.
This also comes in a capsule form (60 count) for the price of a tub.

If you use it 2 scoops a day that's a little over $2 a day for the product, with shipping. I would not purchase a thermogenic that doesn't absolutely shred me up, for that price, but may be worth it for some.

Side Effects

Other than the increased urination and odd pee smell, I didn't notice any other side effects. I did not notice it really increasing my mental focus or mood, which would have been a nice side effect to see.

Conclusion

This product did not taste super delicious, and I would not spend the money on it for myself. It did help me get a tighter look to my midsection and some more definition in areas that I like to see. Overall, I would recommend it for someone looking for a mild thermogenic in regards to how it makes you feel (never jittery, flushed, hot, etc.) but not to expect earth-shattering results. I would like to see if the other Ronnie Coleman products would work well for me. Thanks RCSC for letting me give this a whirl!
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Diuretic Properties
  • Leaned Me Out
  • May Cause Increased Urination
zbikowski88
TROOPer Level: 38
  May 25, 2015

Thanks to Ronnie Coleman Signature Series for sending it out!

First off I would like to thank RCSS and the SR Troop Program for giving me this awesome opportunity to log/review Beta-Stim. To be honest I wasn’t looking to lose weight or cut but wanted to experience a RCSS product. In fact during the time I was using this product I was working on gaining strength doing a Mountain Dog/Powerlifting Hybrid workout. The product itself was alright overall with some areas lacking.

This product has been explained by lots of great members already so I’ll just give you my honest opinion. My overall impression is that this ingredient profile is pretty solid in regards to thermogenics and appetite control. As with most prop blends like this one, you never actually know the proper dosages of each ingredient. So some ingredients may be lacking more than others between 7 Phase Thermogenic Complex and XR Energy & Focus Compound.

The flavor I received was the Melonberry Cooler which had a different flavor than I was expecting. It wasn’t a bad taste just a little chalky and grainy in terms of mix ability after stirring/shaking (Lots of settlement at the bottom) Flavor wise it was pretty decent, a nice berry flavor that wasn’t too strong or sour tasting. While taking Beta-Stim I stuck to the directions of 1 scoop in the morning on an empty stomach and another 5-6 hours later.

In terms of effectiveness I’ll start with the best components of RCSS Beta-Stim. In my experience with taking this, I noticed energy, focus, water retention/balance and appetite control to be the best. However when it came to the thermo complex, I didn’t feel much of anything. I believe if they can fix/improve this component than it can be a very solid product.

I found the value to be around the $25-30 for 45 servings if used once a day. Following the directions from the label, you’ll get right around 30 servings out of the container which would equal to $1 a serving. Not the best but not the worst either.

Side Effects

The only side effect was the excessive use of using the bathroom with some stomach issues. However it wasn’t major and didn’t feel any other side effects.

Conclusion

RCSS Beta-Stim is a good thermo product that can be great given some improvements to some areas. I would recommend the product and would consider it again if there were a special on it. I’d definitely pay the big bucks if they improve the thermo aspect of the ingredient profile along with a few extra servings. Once again thanks to RCSS and SR Troop Program.
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Sharp Focus
  • Appetite Control
  • Taste Great
trey-carmine
TROOPer Level: 60
  May 21, 2015

Thanks to Ronnie Coleman Signature Series for sending it out!
First, I received this product through the SR TROOPS program so thank you to the guys that made this happen. You can be assured this is a completely unbiased review. Beta-Stim is the first supplement I've tried from the Ronnie Coleman Signature Series. I like to think if the man himself is willing to put his name on it then there must be something there. Summer is creeping up fast and people are going to be throwing back thermogenics like they were cookies at Christmas. Let’s see if Beta-Stim lives up to the hype.

Ingredient Profile 7/10

Serving Size: 1 scoop (4g)
Servings per container: 45

Amount Per Serving

Niacin 5mg
Vitamin B-126mcg

XR Energy & Focus Compound 1315mg
Choline Bitartrate, L-Tyrosine, Extended Release Caffeine (Caffeine Anhydrous & OharmaShure® SR Caffeine), Schizandra Extract, Synephrine HCL, Ginger Root Extract & Huperzine A.
Thanks to the SR TROOPS program for giving me the chance to run Beta-Stim. This is my first
7 Phase Thermogenic Complex 406mg
Acacia Rigidula, iFAS503® (Green Tea, Tuber Fleeceflower & Parasitic Laranthus), Adhatoda Vasica, Dandelion Root, Green Coffee Extract, White Willow (bark), Higenamine & NeluLean™ (Nelumbo Nucifera) & Diiodotyrosine

The first thing you’ll notice is the proprietary blend that is provided for us, not a fan of them and never will be.
I’ll review some of the ingredients and my opinion of them starting with the XR Energy & Focus Compound.
-Choline is a molecule mostly used for either its cognitive boosting properties or to reduce fatty build up around the liver. It’s found in high amounts in eggs.
-L-Tyrosine helps produce dopamine which will aid in relieving stress.
-Synephrine HCL is present for it’s fat burning purpose of course.
- Huperzine A is yet another cognitive enhancer.

It’s safe to say Beta-Stim has everything you need to get that “good feels” mood easily.

The 7 Phase Thermogenic Complex is a bit more complex to break down.
-Acaria Rigidula is from a shrub or small tree in the legume family, Fabaceae. I’ve come across studies that show it contains the synthetic phenethylamine. But being this is the first and highest ingredient in this complex I expect more. Perhaps another member can provide more insight on it.
-iFAS503® (Green Tea, Tuber Fleeceflower & Parasitic Laranthus) is also used in other supplements and it is suppose to be a unique combination of the 3 components.
-Dandelion Root is mostly known for its diuretic effect.
-Green Coffee Extract may weakly reduce body weight in overweight and obese persons. Although personally for me and all research I’ve seen this is not the case.
-White Willow acts a lot like a natural aspirin which is why it’s used in fat burners at times.
-Higenamine & NeluLean are both beta(2)adrenergic agonists
-Diiodotyrosine is a modulator of the enzyme thyroid peroxidase, which is involved in the production of thyroid hormones.

Both of these blends have their highlights and head scratches to me. Green Coffee Extract being the biggest head scratcher. And NeluLean and Diiodotyrosine being the two highlights for me. Some of the ingredients are natural herbs with little science to back it up. It’s not always about the formula though, most importantly does it work?

Taste/Mixability/Dosing 7/10

I had the Wild Cherry Bomb flavor and I enjoyed it for the most part. Mixability was an issue with lots of foaming. Be prepared for the last sip to be harsh and full of foam. With all of these ingredients I knew taste and mixability would be an issue and that’s okay.

For dosing Beta-Stim is like most fat burners and suggest you start at 1 to assess tolerance. I’m a daredevil so I ran 2 all the way though at once dose in the morning. I ventured to 3 scoops split dose at one point but quickly decided not to continue that protocol. More on that in the side effects portion.

Effectiveness 6/10

These are the key points listed for Beta-Stim on their label

Instant and Extended Energy- okay energy at best
Oxidation- not something I can notice
Thermogenic Activators- did not feel any thermogenic effects
Mental Focus and Mood- noticed slight increase of well being
Excess Water Balance- did not notice any significant difference
Appetite Control- I did notice a bit of a appetite suppression
Metabolism Support- did not notice a difference beside slight energy increase

My biggest disappointment was not feeling a bit of a thermogenic effect. I mean zero at all. Decent energy and mental focus was present and more noticeable than any of the others claims on the label. I did notice a little more appetite control but nothing to wow me.

Value 6.5/10

The value of Beta-Stim is just not there no matter how deep my pockets may be. It can be found at most retailers for around $29.99. The issue is if you run this at 3 scoops a day that is just 15 days per tub. I only took 2 scoops a day so I got 22 days out of my run. Still not a good value for the sub par effects I felt.

Side Effects

At 1 and 2 scoops I didn't feel any negative side effects. I ventured into the 3 scoop zone at one time during this run and didn't go for it again. I took the 3rd scoop roughly 6 hours after my first two and my morning cardio workout. My heart rate and blood pressure was up beyond what I was comfortable with. There are other factors and I can't contribute this all with beta-stim but when I went back down to 2 scoops the problem never showed up again.

Conclusion

I had such high hopes for a supplement that had the Ronnie Coleman stamp of approval. At the end of the day it just doesn't compare to the likes of Alphamine or a YC stack for me. Diet is key when it comes to a thermogenic or fat burner working and mine was there. The aid that I was expecting in energy and the "warm feeling" just didn't deliver. Perhaps my expectations were higher than they should of been.
WarMachine
TROOPer Level: 70
  May 21, 2015

Thanks to Ronnie Coleman Signature Series for sending it out!

Alrighty then, this is my first review as part of the SR TROOPS faction so lets get it rolling. I would like to begin by thanking the RCSS crew for supplying Beta Stim as part of the TROOPS program. To begin the discussion of Beta Stim itself, it is RCSS's new powder form version of the original pill form beta-stim with some minor differences. It is designed to provide the following benefits:

Instant and Extended Energy
Thermogenic Support
Mental Focus and Mood
Excess Water Balance
Appetite Control
Metabolism Support

From my experiences beta-stim shined in most of these areas, with some lacking to a minimal degree.

Previous reviewers have already taken the liberty of accurately breaking down the profile so I won't spend an unnecessary amount of time discussing them. I will say that the profile is impressive with plenty of well-known ingredients that are known to aid in the area of fat loss through different mechanisms including enhancing thermogenesis, improving metabolism, enhancing energy, and sharpening focus. My main gripe though are the two compound prop. blends. I've never been a fan of prop blends mainly due to the concern of the ingredients being improperly dosed. However, I can say that with the exception of a few, most of the ingredients are likely to be properly dosed based on the prop. blends' quantity. Overall, beta stim's profile is solid.

I chose to review the wild cherry bomb flavor and it was indeed "Da bomb". The flavor was crisp, refreshing, and had the right amount of both sweetness and tartness. It left no unpleasant aftertastes or burps. In terms of mixability, it wasn't too bad, but the occasionally undissolved grit and tiny clumps I would get were a little bothersome. In terms of dosing, I followed the directions and consumed one scoop in the morning and another scoop later in the day. For me, the second scoop was most often pre-workout. On non-training days, I took the second scoop sometime in the mid-afternoon.

Similar to a majority of supplements I review I am going to rate each benefit individually.

Thermo Effect (5): I was disappointed in this category. The thermo effect was intermediate at best and seemed only prominent during days of intensive cardio. I would have expected a more pronounced effect particularly on my high volume superset intervals in the weight room, but that did nothing to noticeably enhance effect. This is the one area beta-stim could use some improvement.

Appetite Control (9): I definitely noticed that my appetite was reduced. My diet was still plenty of clean with all the necessities, but I found myself eating less overall. I also enjoyed how beta stim helped curb those post workout carb cravings I sometimes get, which can result in a diet derailment if you're not prepared to satisfy those cravings with something substantial. Also, I enjoyed that it didn't "kill" my appetite to the point where you'd have to force yourself to eat. It reduces your appetite just enough so that you can eat in more controlled manners and smaller portion sizes.

Focus (9); Had plenty of razor sharp focus throughout my workouts with beta stim. I was constantly in the "STFU and Train" mindset throughout and not once did I ever feel bogged down or unmotivated even after the most fatiguing of my most workouts.

Water Balance (8): I honestly didn't pay much attention to this effect, but I did find myself urinating more frequently. This would warrant the demand to make sure you're constantly staying well hydrated.

Energy (9): Energy was sky high with beta stim. Felt fully charged and ready to go throughout the day even on days where my sleep hours were less than favorable. Be sure though, you don't does beta stim too close to bedtime to avoid sleeplessness which happened to me once when I had taken my last scoop around 7pm due to a late start in the gym.

Fat loss (6): I was not on a full mode cut, but I was in the midst of trying to lean out a bit more. It's difficult to assess beta stim's fat loss benefits primarily because I did not get to run it for a long enough time. However, I will say that my BF% dropped from 12.1 % to 11.9% and my abdominal area did appear a little more noticeably cut. So I'll be fair and give beta stim some points here. Perhaps if I ran it longer I would've seen more pronounced benefits in this area.

I would say at an average price for about 30 dollars and 45 servings, the value is not the worst but not the best. If you run the product as instructed at two scoops a day, the product will not last you long. If the container contained more servings, the value would be much improved. Nevertheless, for the influential factors that beta stim provides, the value nis still decent and worth a try. I recommend doing some shopping and trying to grab it on sale.

Side Effects

None to complain about

Conclusion

Beta Stim is a great supplement overall and I would recommend it to anyone looking to try a strong, great tasting fat burner with plenty to offer. Just be sure to of course keep your diet clean, your training regimen intense, and yourself well hydrated. The only things I'd like to see improved are the thermo effect and have more servings.

WARMACHINE OUT!!!
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Sharp Focus
  • Appetite Control
  • Taste Great
iSamurai
  May 20, 2015

Thanks to Ronnie Coleman Signature Series for sending it out!
First and foremost, I want to thank everyone at RCSS and the SR TROOP Program (great idea with this one guys!), for allowing some of us non-ER members, to review this products. I've used many different fat burners/thermos in the past so I'm quite familiar on what to expect and how to gauge the product's effectiveness to the best of my ability. Just to give you guys a brief heads up, during this run with Beta-Stim powder, I was not on a full out cut and was training for strength, and not bodybuilding. My diet was based on that, and my hopes for this product was to help curve my appetite between meals and to potentially assist with some fat loss. (Also, I'm sorry if this review isn't that great, it's been a while since I last reviewed a product.)

*Ingredient Profile
A lot of ER's have already broken this product down quite well already, so I won't bore you with the profile. Moreover, the profile is what intrigued me to want to try this as the combination of ingredients looked really great. In the past, I've never been a fan of prop. blends as you don't know the doses of each ingredient. However, I've come to realize that if the product works, the specifics aren't as important to me.

*Taste/Mixability/Dosing
I had the Wild Cherry Bomb and it was absolutely fantastic, I looked forward to it every day. No bad after taste or bitterness at all. No issues with mixing as well, some grit at the bottom, but that's to be expected. I played around with the dosing on this -- I started with the directions with 1 first thing in the morning, then added another one 4-6 hours later before lunch. I also experimented with 2 in the morning and then another serving later, which seemed to work best, but really knocked the value at this point as there are only 45 scoops per bottle.

*Effectiveness
As usual, I'll break these down by thermo, fat loss, appetite suppression, and energy.

**Thermo(5) - this was hit or miss on a daily basis with me, and when it did hit, it wasn't as prominent as some of the other fat burners I used, so that was a little disappointing. I even experimented with a dose preworkout to see if it would enhance the effects, but was left disappointed again.
**Appetite Suppression(8.5) - Maybe the strongest element to this product as most days it would crush my appetite between meals which is what I was hoping for. Not to the point where I would forget to eat, but enough to keep me happy while waiting for my next meal to come around.
**Fat Loss(8) - Again, keep in mind, I wasn't on a full out cut here, I was eating a little above maintenance on workout days, and 200-300 less on non workout days. I ended up losing roughly 4 pounds during this run, all while strength continued to increase, so I was quite happy with that. Noticed a little bit of leaning in my midsection which was a plus.
**Energy(8) - At 1 scoop, it left you wanting more. At 2 scoops is where I started to feel good -- not too overwhelming, but nice clean energy, and never experienced a crash from this product. The added serving 4-6 hours later kept the work day going smooth.

*Value (6)
I mean at 1 scoop a day, its fantastic as you'll get a 45 day supply. But, I'm thinking most people won't be happy with the 1/day. At 2, you get less than a month, and if you dose how I was using this product at 3/day, you get a little over 2 weeks. If they would make this a 60 scoop tub, I would be more willing to purchase it again.

*Side Effects
None...no anxiety, no bad jitters or nausea.

*Conclusion
Again, I want to thank RCSS and SR TROOP program for allowing me to review this product. Overall, I liked this product in regard to the taste and it's effectiveness. However, the value is what would prevent me from purchasing it again since there are so many comparable fat burners on the market, at a better value. If RCSS bumped it up to a 60 serving container, like I mentioned before, I would more than likely purchase this product again.
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Appetite Control
  • Taste Great