Amino Tone Reviews

By: Ronnie Coleman Signature Series

Overall
Overall
Thanks to Ronnie Coleman Signature Series for sending it out!
  July 29, 2016

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Increased Hydration
  • Increased Recovery
  • No Thermo Effect
  • Thermo Effect Could Be Better

Huge shoutout to the big man Ronnie himself and the RCSS for the opportunity to review this product! I've been waiting to try one of his supplements and was pretty pleased with his amino tone. I went with the America flavor, because how could you not?

Amino Tone has a 2:1:1 ratio (5,000mg)
Leucine - 2,500mg
Isoleucine - 1,250mg
Valine - 1,250mg

Along with this you also get a stim-free fat loss support complex in a blend of 3,180mg. I was really interested to see this come up in the ingredient profile and was eager to size up it's effects. Other than that I would just like to note that there is 1g of carbs per serving, just something to be mindful of. I was just coming off of keto so it was habit to watch all my intakes.

Taste
So everyone said these tasted like bomb pops, also known to some as "firecrackers." Personally I was never really a fan of these but I wanted to take a break from blue raspberry. The taste was by no means bad, but it also was not my favorite. I felt it had more of a lemon-lime taste to it than anything else, kind of similar to Gatorade.

Mixability
I never had a problem with any foaming, it generally mixed very well. I did find very slight residue at the bottom of my shakers and water jugs though, very minimal.

I used this as an intra on workout days. On non-workout days I threw two scoops into my 3L Poland Spring water jug and carried it around all day with me. I go through two jugs a day so I normally used my first jug with the amino tone and my second just plain water.

I feel the effect most noticeable in this is the recovery. Between using it as an intra and daily consumption I still had minor soreness but not as much as when I'm not on an intra. It definitely aided in keeping me more hydrated throughout the day as well, which can also be a factor in less muscle soreness. As far as the weight management goes, there was nothing noticeable. Some people noted that they had increased perspiration while on this, but I already drip in the gym so I didn't notice any difference.

You can pick this up on Amazon for $23.77 at the moment which comes out to $0.79 a serving. Not too bad at all.

Side Effects

None to note.

Conclusion

I would pick this up again either in the blue razz or cherry limeade flavor. For the aid in recovery and hydration levels, it's better than decent. If they revamped this a little bit to improve the weightloss effect, I think that would be awesome. Then you could stack it with a thermo for increased effects.
  • America: 8/10

• BigRon8
    Rep for this Brand
    August 1, 2016

Hey bro how much water does that jug hold? i think you got way to high of water to powder ratio going on which is why your taste was off

• Chuntz
    August 9, 2016

@BigRon8 My apologies for the delayed response, I've been out of the country. On workout days I mixed 1 scoop with 8-12oz of water and used it as an intra. It did not really matter how much water I used, it tasted the same to me. What you see in the attached picture is how I took it on non-workout days. I would mix 2 scoops with 3L of water. Between the two ways I mixed it, it was only a slight difference in taste. Personally I'm not a huge fan of bomb pops, so maybe that is why I was not crazy about it.

• BigRon8
    Rep for this Brand
    August 12, 2016

ok bro thanks for the honest feedback. yeah buddy!