Amino Tone Reviews

By: Ronnie Coleman Signature Series

Overall
Overall
Thanks to Ronnie Coleman Signature Series for sending it out!
  September 14, 2016

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Increased Hydration
  • Boost Of Endurance
  • Increased Recovery
  • Best Used Only On A Cut
  • Under-dosing In Some Ingredients
  • Proprietary Blend On Many Ingredients

As always a big thank you to supplementreviews.com and RCSS for participating in the TROOPER program. I was able to try this product free of charge in exchange for an honest review. Apologies for the tardiness of this review. It's been a crazy summer and my workout goals changed completely in the middle of this product which made it a little difficult to evaluate. As always, I shall do my best to give a fair, accurate review.

When I started this run I was just kind of in summer maintenance mode. I tend to gain fat in the summers and I thought maybe Amino Tone could help me keep some of it off. Where I live, summers are precious and due to my lifestyle there simply isn't time to get to the gym much. Nearly every weekend I am out of town without gym facilities and during the week I'm either at work or enjoying outdoor activities. On top of that I fell in love with cycling, bought my first road bike, and completely stopped lifting weights in about mid July. There simply isn't time for both. I will pick up the iron again when the weather turns ugly. So this all happened during my run with Amino Tone. Diet has turned to crap really since starting cycling. Cycling 100+ miles every week has made me so hungry, especially for carbs, that I can't control myself. I've actually gained about 4lbs. So this is the framework of which I will try to give my best impressions on Amino Tone. Just so everyone knows I didn't really have a good setup to get the most out of the product, and that's on me, not the product.

The ingredient profile is good, but not great due to the proprietary blends. I really like that there is a big electrolyte and hydration blend. I always look for that in a BCAA formula since I use mine intra workout. At 5g the BCAAs are a middling dose and I like the inclusion of HICA, which is a nice addition. The "Tone" part from the name is something a little different for a BCAA. The main ingredients here look like Coleus Forskohlii and Raspberry Ketones. Raspberry Ketones are worthless IMO but Coleus Forskohlii has some legitimate benefits. Also so in this blend are a couple focus ingredients; Choline and Inositol. Unfortunately, everything except the BCAA is in a blend so I don't really know how effective doses are or what concentration the Forskohlii is. Finally, as most of RCSS products I've seen they include AstraGin for absorption, which is great as well.

I had the America flavor and while it did taste like a rocket pop, I didn't really like the flavor as much when it wasn't mixed with equal parts sugar like a Popsicle LOL. For me, it just tasted like a really weird Lemonade. Don't get me wrong, it was totally drinkable. I wasn't choking it down or anything. I just wouldn't get this particular flavor again.

Mixability in a blender ball shaker was fine, even with cold water or ice. I do like that there was not a ton of dyes in it. Well done.

I just dosed a heaping scoop with 20oz of water during activities. Pretty standard and very easy.

As I mentioned earlier, I used this for two different type of activity, weight lifting and cycling. I in the gym I noticed all the usual things I get from a BCAA. I get a little better endurance and can push a little harder on whatever I'm lifting that day. I can get a little more work done that I can without it. I usually do some cardio too and I like the hydration blend that keeps me from cramping or having any issue there. Recovery and soreness is was better than using nothing.

I think I noticed the effects even more from cycling, since this is a new stimulus to my muscles and nervous system. Recovery was way better when I used this during a ride and I definitely had more stamina during the rides as a result of staying well hydrated. I will continue to use BCAAs during my rides as my body adapts to the new stimulus. Right now I'm still sore all the damn time regardless!

As far as the weight loss goes, obviously I didn't see anything there. However, as I mentioned earlier my diet wasn't correct, nor was I on any type of cut so I don't blame that at all on the Amino Tone. I do suspect that unless you're on a cut and diet is dialed in then you probably won't see much weight loss. How much "extra" weight you would lose with this product if using on a cut I can only guess.

I've seen this 30 servings go for $24-$28 which comes out about a dollar per serving since I dosed it at about 1.5 scoop. Really, that's not a terrible price. There are certainly cheaper BCAA products out there but since this profile is somewhat unique with the weight loss complex it's not exactly apple to apples. There are also plenty of brands out there that give you less for more money.

Side Effects

None!

Conclusion

Personally, I don't think I would use this product again unless I was on a true cut. I just don't see the need to pay for weight loss ingredients otherwise. If you are on a cut, Amino Tone would be a nice BCAA formula to employ. Every little bit helps when you're on a cut. That said you could certainly do worse on a general BCAA products than this. I've tried a few RCSS products now and I am confident that they are of good quality and that means everything in the supplement world. Full marks also for doing something a little different than the competition. I definitely think there's a place in the market for Amino Tone and hope to see it stick around.

Thanks for reading!