Amino Tone Reviews

By: Ronnie Coleman Signature Series

Overall
Overall
Thanks to Ronnie Coleman Signature Series for sending it out!
  September 4, 2016

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Increased Hydration
  • Increased Recovery
  • Taste
  • Boost Of Endurance
  • Amazing Taste
  • No Thermo Effect
  • Price
  • Thermo Effect Could Be Better

Big thank you to Big Ron for sending this out. Sorry it has taken a bit to review it.

This is an intra-workout amino acid supplement with a fat-burning complex. For an intra-workout amino this has a standard 5g of BCAAs at a 2:1:1 ratio. Additionally, there is 3.785g of a training/hydration complex that contains L-taurine, electrolytes, and HICA. What's not to like about that? Plus, there is 25mg of AstraGin per serving. Amino-Tone is a solid choice amongst amino acid supplements. The 3.18g fat-burning complex is disappointing, however. Coleus Forskohlii, Choline Bitartrate, and Inositol are not terrible options but I don't know how much of each is in a serving. Also, Raspberry Ketones are pretty much worthless and should be replaced with something else. L-Alanine, which starts the blend, was probably included for its blood-sugar relation properties but I'm not entirely sure. I'd probably replace L-Alanine with something else, as well, but I've never used it alone so perhaps it is worth keeping. My only other qualms are with the dye and lack of complete transparency of the label. Since the transparency is only lacking in the two blends, "INTRA-Training Performance & Hydration Complex," and "STIM-FREE Fat Loss Support Complex" I didn't deduct much for this. My main deductions come from the inclusion of a worthless ingredient in raspberry ketones and dyes. That being said, Amino-Tone's profile is still a decent one in this supplement category.

I received the America flavor and it was delicious. Plus, the flavor lasted at 1 scoop per 20oz. Both of these features impressed me. I'd highly recommend trying this product for taste alone (it was that good). fixability was standard for amino acid supplements, which is to say almost perfect. I dosed this at 1 scoop intra-workout for almost the entire time. Occasionally, I would have a scoop or two on a rest day or two scoops intra-workout.

I'm a bit torn on the effectiveness rating. As an amino-acid/intra-workout supplement this performed just as well as other top products in the category. I found the usual decrease in DOMS by a day or so. I really loved the hydration complex intra-workout as well. I'm always trying to drink more water and loved being able to put one scoop in entire shaker cup while keeping the great taste. I felt the electrolytes helped noticeably more than when just drinking water in the gym and I didn't feel parched for half of my lift. The fat-burning complex left me less impressed, however. I had recently upped my cardio by about 10-15 minutes and I didn't notice any extra fat-burning, or anything out of the ordinary (in the good way). I did sweat tremendously more though. I doubt this actually helped with fat-burning but it does give you the illusion that you're burning more fat, and I actually like that a lot. This feature is perhaps the saving grace of that entire complex. For the solid, consistent amino-acid related results and increased sweating, I rated this towards the higher end of 8. I would've probably given the fat-burning complex a 6 on its own but the increased sweating and added electrolytes really helped bring up the overall effectiveness rating.

7.75/10
The value on this product is really close to an 8. 30 serving containers can usually be found for around $23-24 and I almost always see some sort of sale or special involving Amino-Tone. Oddly enough, the 90 serving container, while more convenient, are about $70 and thus no more economical. If the price-point was a little better for the 90 serving container then I'd probably bump this up to a 8/10 rating.

Side Effects

Other than intense sweating, I experienced no side-effects while taking Amino-Tone. I actually like the sweating, though, so I won't deduct any points for it.

Conclusion

7.8/10
I feel a 7.75 (which rounds to a 7.8) rating is fair here. The taste was sensational and there were definitely some things to like about the profile, including HICA, 2:1:1 ratio, and electrolytes. The value is decent, especially at the 30 serving price-point. The main problems with Amino-Tone are the inclusion of raspberry ketones, and the lackluster performance of the fat-burning complex. Still, it is a decent product that I'll likely wind up purchasing because the taste was great and it performed great in the most important areas of hydration and recovery.

• BigRon8
    Rep for this Brand
    September 11, 2016

Thanks for the review bro. how can we improve the formula?

• htevans
    September 25, 2016

Hey Big Ron. Sorry for the late reply but thank you for reading and taking my criticisms into consideration. If you're trying to keep amino-tone stimulant free then I'd replace raspberry ketones with green tea extract to start. Also, Berberine HCL and Banaba Leaf extract might be better for blood sugar regulation. I'd also suggest looking into capsaicin and olea europaea/olive leaf extract. Any of these would be good additions and/or replacements for raspberry ketones. Thanks again for sending the product out and keep killing it with the amazing flavors!

• BigRon8
    Rep for this Brand
    September 28, 2016

Ok bro thanks i'll take those ingredients back to my team. we do have a version of amino tone coming out with natural energy like green tea. coming out soon