Amino Tone Reviews

By: Ronnie Coleman Signature Series

Overall
Overall
Thanks to Ronnie Coleman Signature Series for sending it out!
  August 28, 2016

Pros:
 Cons:
  • No Thermo Effect
  • Property Blend
BCAA products are popping up left and right these days with all the research to support their usefulness. RCSS are trying to make their own mark with Amino-Tone. Big thanks to RCSS and SR for making this review possible.

RCSS was going for an amino product that featured a non stim fat burning complex and hydration support. These are some key highlights of the profile.

4g BCAA at a 2:1:1 ratio

3755mg INTRA-Training Performance & Hydration Complex which includes Taurine, Potassium, Magnesium and HICA at undisclosed amounts.

3180mg STIM-FREE Fat Loss Support Complex which includes L-Alanine, Raspberry Ketones (STOP TRYING TO MAKE THIS BE A THING), Coleus Forskohli (Great inclusion if it was the TM version forskolin)

The profile is average at best with the BCAA dosage and the other two complexes are hard to find positives on for me. Hidden prop blends shouldn't be happening in today's industry. I like the hydration inclusion and believe Taurine is under utilized by todays industry and it shouldn't be since it's dirt cheap! Overall I wasn't too impressed with the formula and it left me with a underwhelming feeling of this just being another average amino product.

I always went with 2 scoops in about 20oz of water to get the BCAA dosage up to 8g. Never had an issue with mixability. I received the America flavor and didn't get any fireworks or freedom feelings! In all seriousness the taste is as you expect a "bomb pop" clone but tasted for like a fruit punch/ lemonade concoction to me. I wasn't the biggest fan but I've had worse.

Effectiveness for a BCAA product is a tricky one to judge just like protein powder for me. Taking into consideration my sleep habits, steady caloric intake, and stress level of my job it's difficult to judge if any BCAA product truly helps with recovery. The science is in the research though so as supplement users we trust it. I can say I notice a difference when I was drinking Amino-Tone intra workout compared to just water, if it's placebo or not is debatable. I did notice a change in my hydration around my workout. I usually drink between a 1/2 and 3/4 of a gallon during my workout alone and didn't find myself craving water as much after as I usually did. My endurance is always consistent and I keep a high motor when working out so that didn't seem effected for me. I noticed nothing from the stim free fat loss complex.

Amazon has the cheapest price at $23.77 ($0.79 per serving) before shipping. This is fair value being you do get 4g of BCAA per serving. However I wouldn't be willing to pay more.

Conclusion

I've had nothing but positive experiences with RCSS supplements, but Amino-Tone didn't live up to expectations for me. Perhaps I expect too much like no prop blends in profiles and to use the best of ingrediants such as forskolin. This wasn't the worst intra workout or BCAA product i've tried by any means but not close to the best either.
  • America: 6/10