Overall Score:   How is this Calculated?

Ranks #16 of 119 (better than 87%) in
Amino Acids > BCAA/EAA

AMINO TONE + ENERGY is a BCAA manufactured by Ronnie Coleman Signature Series. BCAA is short for branched chain amino acids. They are the building blocks of protein and can increase protein synthesis, muscle recovery and endurance during workouts and have also been shown to reduce body fat.
COMPARE SIMILAR

mhseaver670

February 24, 2017

(Thanks to Ronnie Coleman Signature Series for sending it out!)
One look at a muscle mag or Youtube video and you know Big Ron knows supplements. I have used the energy Free version of this before and really enjoyed it. So to be able to try this with the added boost I said " Yes please " .

Profile.
Again he know what to put in this stuff and there are several other members here that have broken this profile down enough that I will not go into details on it.
Bcaa is a 2:1:1 mix
There is a training an Hydration complex which Is something I really look for in a intra or a BCAA product. I feel this is a very important part of one.
The true added bonus here is the Energy and stress relief complex at 600Mg. Which is composed of Green tea extract, Green coffee extract, Rhodiola Rosea extract, and maca root extract.
I do think I would toss the Raspberry ketones and I feel they are useless.

Taste 10
Like America!. I loved this. It was not too strong and not weak either. Really went down great when using some ice cold water.

Mixing 9
There was some settling but after a few shakes after it sits for a min it goes away fairly easy.

Effectiveness 8
I used this a few times at work for a small pick me and to help get me some extra Bcaa's in during the day. I really liked using it like this. I actually think this was my favorite part of it. It helped me repair and gave me a small boost for that midday blaa.
Now for the intra workout. Again Big RON knows his stuff. This turned out to be a great intra. Having the Hydration and stress relief complex with the added energy boost makes this awesome. Now it was not off the chain energy like a true Pwo would be but it was enough to help push you through on those tough days after work. I will mention like another reviewer did I would like to see some extra coconut water and/or EAA's added in this as well.
I did seem to sweat a bit more while on this even on this cold season we are on. I would always leave the gym soaked. Which is always good for me.
I feel this is on par with most other Bcaa's But I am just not sure the energy was enough for me to spring for this verses the regular formula.

Value 8
23 bucks for a 30 serving tub is not bad. That also seemed to be the cheapest place for this. I did not find it on amazon which I think would beat that price if you have prime. Anyway a good deal and Big Ron seems to always keep prices reasonable for his products is what I have noticed also.

Overall 8
Yet another well done product but I do not think I would spring for this plus energy version. I think I just want to keep my Bcaa intra , as just that Intra. I am getting to where I do not like to have a lot of stimulates as much as I did. I tend the feel I have a better workout with Nooptropics now. Again as always thanks to Ronnie Coleman for being a big part of Sr.com.
  • America: 8/10
McGilla
  February 21, 2017

----Introduction----
Gilla likes aminos. Gilla likes caffeine. This product is all he could ever ask for in meathead life.

----Ingredient Profile----
Luckily, the industry is headed for a "loaded" amino formula, be it either pump or energy goodies. This entry is Big Ron's into the energized amino ring.

It contains the same 5 gram amino blend of the regular amino tone broken down into the 2:1:1 ratio, as well as the goodies like HICA and Astragin. It also contains the "Stim-Free Fat Loss Support Complex"...which I find kind of funny since this product does have stims...but yes, that "blend"(why you do dis Big Ron?! We hate blends!) is stim-free, with all kinds of "weight loss" goodies like Raspberry Keytones, Forskolii, Choline...

In comes the PLUS ENERGY element, where "natural" "stimulants", green tea/coffee are added to the product. This product claims to have 125 mg of caffeine, yet that blend is 600 mg. I wish there was some disclosure here too :(.

----Taste/Mixability/Dosing----
I was given "Unicorn Juice". Now, I don't know if this is made of ground up unicorn meat or they milk the unicorns, but come to think of it...unicorns don't have udders, so the "juice" must come from... either way, it tastes a lot like a sweeter Hawaiian Punch. Maybe all the unicorns are kept and "milked" in Hawaii, but that's definitely the vibe I got from this flavor. I'm not really a fan of Hawaiian Punch, but I didn't dislike it. It's sort of "eh" worthy. At least I wasn't completely mind#$^&ed by the coloring, like the Blue "lemonade" of YEAHHH BUDDY or the Yellow "America" of the sample Amino Tone I was also sent. It's pinkish red, like Hawaiian Punch.

The product mixed as one would hope, well.

I always dosed this one scoop at a time.

----Effectiveness----
Now, in being a jazzed up Amino, this product wants to hit a few different elements.

First, I'll jump right into it's bread and butter, the energy. This product nails this aspect extremely well. I was not looking for the coked out vibe I got from YEA BUDDY, I was looking for a midday, second workout pick me up. It's basically a slow releasing energy that helps last throughout the workout as it gives you a bit of a boost, but it's sustained through sipping. It really helped me extend my workouts in the afternoon by about 15 minutes with each use in terms of the energy and focus boost. The energy element did also as noted...sustain. I did have a trouble coming down from this on a few occasions at bedtime, but that was when I still had some left in my shaker and I drank the last third or so at home. What I needed to do to combat this, was to consume more at the gym. Which does show the product does have a decent "hydration" element as well, since I had to focus myself on wanting to consume more liquid at the gym, as sipping it was actually fine if I didn't want to focus on it.

Next is the "tone" element, I will say this product was up and down. It did not make me insane sweat like I had sort of hoped. If I'm taking a "weight loss" supplement, I want to SEE it on my shirt. Feel that shirt stuck to me. It didn't really hit me there. I did feel a bit of an "appetite suppression" as I would eat less when I came home and felt satisfied with that. I think the addition of Capsium/pepper extract could have been a fun addition to the product.

As for the stamina and recovery elements with standard aminos, I did feel with the addition of the energy ingredients that I wanted to work out longer. This usually resulted in more cardio. Not necessarily extra reps, but it did extend my gym time. "Recovery" is hard to measure, but I don't think it was a miracle worker, but it there was probably a bit of a boost there as well.

----Value----
Currently, this product is sold on bb.com for $23.76, for 30 scoops of an Amino product with some extra goodies, that's a pretty solid deal. I like the price point of $20 for 30 servings of Aminos, but this product has goodies, so it's fair.

Nope.

----Conclusion----
The King produces yet another winner. I did not like the prop blends as I think we all hate those, but there are a "bunch" of ingredients, so I guess it can be forgiven a tad. A "sweat element" would be a cherry on top, but for a loaded Amino, this product does indeed hit the mark quite well. Gilla approved.
WarMachine
  February 20, 2017

----Introduction----

A big time thanks to RCSS and BigRon himself for their continued support here on SR.com. Today, I discuss their new BCAA formulation Amino Tone + Energy (AT-Energy). I've used the original Amino-Tone in the past and loved it. It was a superior intra-workout supplement which gave me some real good extra energy, hydration, and endurance. When I learned of this new product, I had to try it for myself.

----Ingredient Profile----

The profile is pretty extensive so you'll definitely want to refer to the inset image below.

The profile begins with a dosage of B-vitamins, followed by a 5,000 mg dosing of the BCAAs Leucine at 2500 mg, Iso-Leucine at 1250 mg, and Valine at 1250 mg. Next, there is an intra-support matrix dosed at 3785 mg blended of HICA, potassium, Taurine, and Magnesium. Following that is the stim-free support complex of 3180 mg containing inositol, coleus forskohli, raspberry ketones, choline, and L-alanine. Lastly is the 600 mg natural energy and stress relief complex that contains green tea extract, green coffee bean extract, maca, and rhodiola rosea.

Phew, that's a lot candy to put in an amino product, but for something like this I'd say the more the merrier.

No doubt, AT-Energy has plenty of good well known ingredients in its formulation with the potential to give you the benefits of BCAAs with added natural energy, fat loss, and endurance benefits. Some of these ingredients are in blends, but I think most are decently dosed.

----Taste/Mixability/Dosing----

I received the America flavor. It was symbolic of the classic red, white, and blue Rocket Popsicle that we knew from our childhoods that we would get from our local ice cream vendors. The taste was great, it definitely made me think I was enjoying a frozen treat. It was not too sweet, sour, or gritty.

Each serving mixed well in both water and sports drinks.

I used AT-Energy solely as an intra-workout product. I combined one scoop with 12 ounces of either water or powerade and sipped it during my workout, usually between weight sets.

----Effectiveness----

From my past experience with the original Amino-Tone and other BCAAs products, I gauge the efficacy of this product based on intra-workout support in the categories of complimenting energy enhancement, endurance, and recovery.

The first thing I will note is that I was using a PWO at the same time, but I will say that AT-Energy gave me some real nice noticeable complimenting energy which allowed me to power through some extra sets and movements in each workout session. I noticed the energy more so once I would finish consuming it which was a little before half completion of my workout.

The fatigue reduction I got was significantly improved. I noticed I had less of that lactic acid "burn" that you get with high volume sets, which usually result in me dropping the weight before my completed quota of reps if I don't rest enough between sets. AT-Energy helped reduce this and allowed me to bang out extra reps and reach rep quotas more often with less of the aftermath fatigue after each set. This reduction of fatigue made it easier to do my Time Under Tension sets with my heavy compound movements more effectively, especially squats.

My cardio endurance seemed a little improved, but I was not focusing much on HIIT cardio during this phase so perhaps with I had I'd be able to analyze this benefit more. I was still engaging in my boxing intervals and noticed some increased aggression and stamina during heavy bag training so that was a good plus.

Lastly, even though I took AT-Energy only intra-workout, I did notice the fatigue reduction and endurance enhancement carried over to my post workout recovery as I noticed I was recovering better with noticeably reduced next day DOMS. This is real important when your routine calls for multiple leg days.

I didn't assess any fat loss benefits because my current phase training is not geared at that at this time. A did experience a mild thermo effect but nothing dramatic.

In summary, AT-Energy hit all the nails on the head for my intra workout needs.

----Value----

The general selling retail price of AT-Energy is 29.99. You get 30 servings per tub so that's a dollar a serving. I think this is a fair value considering how well AT-Energy worked, but I would definitely look out for sales.

----Conclusion----

All I can say is, "YEAH BUDDAY" to Amino-Tone + Energy. Another great product from the RCSS line that delivers where you need it. Amino-Tone +Energy will help give you some extra energy, aid in fat loss, and help you crush out those extra sets while giving you all the goodness of BCAAs.

WARMACHINE OUT!!!
  • America: 8/10
bromine2122
  February 16, 2017

Introduction + Supplement facts
Huge thank you to Ronnie Coleman Signature Series for their support of the SR Troops program. I've tried RCSS products before in the past and I have really enjoyed them along with having pretty good results. I tired the non-caffeine version of amino-tone and really enjoyed it. So when RCSS came out with and caffeine version I had to try it. Amino-tone+Energy is and anabolic amino acid & metabolic enhancer. Let's see how natty this bcaa really is.
Amino-Tone energy is broken down into four different areas. First you have the BCAA's which are 5g at a 2:1:1 ratio. With this product you get InstAminos what are these well good question. InstAminos will help reduce recovery time following heavy and intense training. It will also help stimulate protein synthesis to help with muscle growth. You can get more information here http://www.compoundsolutions.com/assets/instaminos_mar16.pdf
The bcaa breakdown is Leucine 2.5g, Isoleucine 1.25g, and valine 1.25g. Now you have the intra-aid training hydration aspect of this product. This is one of the drawbacks that I didn't like was not knowing the amounts you were getting. Here you get and 3.785g blend which is everything from L-Taurine, HICA and a few other items in-between there. I've had HICA in a few other items before and the results were good. I just wish you could get a better breakdown of each one. Next is the stim-free fat loss support complex. This is another blend where you get 3.180g which includes raspberry ketones which really got big thanks to the voodoo witch doctor OZ. You also have choline bitartate, and a few other ones. The last profile on this guy is the natural energy and stress relief complex. Which is only 600mg so it's really not that much. I know 125mg of it is caffeine which looks like they use green coffee bean extract.
Taste + Mixability + Dosing
Well I asked for unicorn blood but they sent me mango pineapple which for be could be either really good or just straight s**t. I've tried other fruity type products before in the past and yeah it was not good at all. But RCSS did a great job with the flavor it was quite tasty. Since this product has InstAminos the mixabily was better then you standard bcaa. It mixed really easy and I had zero issues. Dosing was 1 scoop with 8-10oz of water depending on how strong you wanted. I usually did 20oz if with that must the taste was still pretty strong.

Effectiveness 8.4/10
The recovery time was off the chart with this stuff. The use of InstAminos really help in the reduction of muscle soreness. Which has been really handy because my workouts have been really intense as of late. There has been more compound movements on two the six days I train and then superset another two days then lastly do a higher volume day to work on proper form while getting higher reps in. The InstAminos made a noticeable difference so I'm glad that RCSS switch to them. Plus they are no GMO's for all you John Mackey fans out there. The intra-aid hydration was really good. I was just hoping for coconut water extract there is really good hydration benefits to it and my body seems to respond better to it. I really could tell if the natural stress and relief complex was working or if it was just the placebo effect. My job really isn't that stressful but maybe if you were a day trader on the stock market it might make you day just a tad bit better. Another aspect of this product is the stim-free fat loss support. Now from a thermogenic side of things when I was taking this on leg day or back day which were heavy compound movements for me it did give me the extra push that I need towards the end of my set where I was felling worn down. That extra kick of energy was really great too because when you do barbell bent over rows then straight to rack in pulls s**t you get depleted real quickly. So yeah thanks for the natty caffeine.

Value 8.8/10
At bodybuilding.com amino-tone energy is 29.99 for 30 servings which is a 1.00 per serving.

Nope no side effects

----Conclusion----
If you need a great and speedy recovery in-between your training days to help you repair and decrease DOMS this stuff is great. But if you are looking for a fat-loss product that will also help you de-stress this may not work for you. Overall with the DOMS results I got plus the extra boost of caffeine this is a product I would buy again.
  • Mango pineapple: 10/10
workoutguru
  February 16, 2017

(Thanks to Ronnie Coleman Signature Series for sending it out!)
First off I want to thank Ronnie Coleman and his team for letting us troopers have the chance to try this. I have really been getting into amino products lately with caffeine in them and like to use them in the mornings as my coffee replacement. Awhile back I got to try his regular amino product amino tone and was interested in seeing how this would compare alone with a few extra things they put in here. I see they did add some new ingredients to this which I will explain below. I have used a few of this other products and thought they were decent products and look forward to using this.

Ingredients:
The profile for this is fairly long with a lot of stuff they put in here. This is a little more than just your normal BCAAs. I really like that they upped the aminos a bit from 4,000mg to 5,000mg. You get 125mg of caffeine in this which I thought was a bit on the low side and would like to see them upped this to around 200mg or so to help make this a little more effective. I also like the added AstraGin they use which helps absorb aminos and other ingredients better. I liked the approach they tried with adding the stim-free fat loss complex but for me I thought it was a little to weak and did not get much from that. They break this down into four different groups which I will list what they are but you can check out what's in each area below in the ingredient profile I posted.
First you get your Instantized BCAAs (as InstAminos) 2:1:1 ratio at 5,000mg
Second INTRA-Training Performance & Hydration Complex at 3,785mg
Third STIM-FREE Fat Loss Support Complex at 600mg
Fourth Natural Energy & Stress Relief Complex 600mg This is a whole new section they added which I kind of liked and I will explain a little more about it.
What I don't like is that they list everything in these areas in prop blends which I don't like and would like to know just how much of each ingredient I am getting.

In this new area they added four new ingredients and I will break them down as to what they are and what they are suppose to do.

Green Tea Extract- A natural source of caffeine, Green tea also helps promotes, fat loss, provides antioxidant support and can help your body scavenge harmful free radicals.

Green Coffee Extract- Also a source of natural caffeine, unlike roasted coffee green coffee been extracts contains chlorogenic acid which may help your body release glucose and increase the metabolic process of your liver.

Rhodiola Rosea Extract- An adaptogen and natural extract that can help the body adapt to stress. Also supports both mental and physical performance.

Maca Extract- Another adaptogen that helps support hormone balance, immune system function, increased energy, sexual function, memory and focus.

Value:
Right now the only place I can find this is on tigerfitness.com and they want $29.99 for 30 servings. I guess that is not to bad a price for a product like this at about a $1 a serving.

Taste:
This comes in 4 flavors unicorn juice, America, mango pineapple and 50/50 tea. I decided to give the 50/50 tea a try. This is your mix of ice tea and lemonade kind of like an arnie palmer. I thought it was pretty good. It did not have that real over powering taste to and it was not to sweet or bitter at all. I thought it had that nice refreshing taste to it. I think it was a good mix between the two flavors ice tea and lemonade. I had this same flavor awhile back in a different amino product from another company and I think their flavor was just a little better but not by much. This I really enjoyed drinking each time.

Mixing/Dosing:
This seemed to mix pretty well with no left over little pieces or much in the way of foam. Dosing was pretty simple. Since this contains caffeine for energy I would use this in the mornings as a replacement to coffee since I don't drink coffee. I would do one scoop in the mornings. At times I felt I could have done two scoops which would have made it a little more effective I think but never did. There were a few times I would take this later in the day if felt I needed a little extra recovery and energy but mainly would only take this in the mornings.

The new thing now is to add caffeine to your aminos. I am starting to see more companies come out with products like this which I like. I used to never really care for these kind of products with caffeine in it because I figured if I was going to be taking this during my workout it would be to much caffeine for me since I was all ready getting a lot from my pre-workout. I decided awhile back I would take a product like this in the mornings instead to help give me some extra recovery and energy. Since I don't like coffee and don't drink it this would be my replacement for that. When it comes to the amino part and how my recovery was I thought it was ok. I think it was on par with a lot of the other amino products I have tried. I did not think it was real outstanding but I do think it helped some. I am glad to see they did up the aminos in this a bit which I thought helped a little more. Leucine 2,000mg and now has 2,500, Isoleucine 1,000mg and now has 1,250mg, and the Valine 1,000mg and now has 1,250mg. I would like to see them go even a little higher but I am ok with what they have now. I think this did help take away some of the extra soreness I would feel from my workout the day before and helped me be more ready for later in the day when I would workout again. It seemed like my overall endurance was better in the mornings and could keep going more. This is also suppose to help with better hydration and I think it did a good job at helping with that. Sometime I have a hard time drink the amount of water I should be and with this it help keep me better hydrated.

The stim free fat loss complex they put in this I thought was a little on the weak side. At one scoop I could feel it some but nothing real crazy like. At two scoops I think this would have been a little more effective. I did notice some days I would start to sweat a little but depended more so on how active I was that morning and what I was doing. I do think this helped take away some of my appetite which I did not like so much since I am trying to bulk right now. I know my weight has gone down a little from not eating as much and don't like that right now. I like that they wanted to put this in here and there approach to this but they need to ether up the dosing a bit or just take it out all together.

In this they added a new section to this which I kind of liked called Natural Energy & Stress Relief Complex at 600mg. In this area is where you get your energy and some stuff to help relief some stress and give you better mental focus. On the front of the label it says you get 125mg caffeine all natty. I think that amount is a bit to low for me. I would have liked to have it around 200mg or so. It did help some at getting me going but would have liked a bit more. I do like that they go all natty with the energy. By no means are you going to feel all jittery at all. For a nice little boost in energy this was ok but would have liked it to have been a bit more. I think the mental focus and stress relief part was ok. I think it helped me some but nothing real outstand like. I think have some good metal focus is a plus and really helps make a product more effective. How much it really helped with the stress part not to much. I do like that they added it but wish it could have been a bit more effective for me.

Side Effects:
Nothing I noticed.

Overall:
I like the idea behind this kind of product. I thought overall it was a decent product. It was nothing really wowed me but I think it did help me some. I think if they could up some of the ingredients a little more it would help make this a little more effective. I know you used two scoops this would probably help you a bit more than just one scoop but I don't want to go through container that much quicker. I think this is worth giving a try at least once. Would this be something I would use again probably not. I think this would be better to use if your trying to cut more so than bulking. Again I want to thank Ronnie Cole and his team for making this product and letting us troopers have the chance to try it.
  • Interesting Ingredients