Ranks #9 (better than 94%)
In: Amino Acids > BCAA/EAA

AMINO TONE + ENERGY is a BCAA manufactured by Ronnie Coleman Signature Series. BCAA is short for branched chain amino acids. They are the building blocks of protein and can increase protein synthesis, muscle recovery and endurance during workouts and have also been shown to reduce body fat.

Amino Acids > BCAA/EAA

MarsheS
TROOPer Level: 23
  March 16, 2017

INTRODUCTION

What's up Supplement Reviews (SR). It's time to review Amino-Tone + Energy from Ronnie Coleman. Thanks to SR and Ronnie Coleman for making this posible and trusting us. Sorry for taking a bit longer. I lift weights from Monday to Friday and drink aminoacids everyday, sometimes in the morning, sometimes during my workout and sometimes after my workout, depending if I just want overall energy, recovery, delay fatigue, etc. I've tried several products from Ronnie Coleman (Pro-Antium, Stacked-N.O., some samples/servings of the normal Amino-Tone, Creatine XS) and they have all worked pretty well. When I saw the opportunity to try this new Amino-Tone + Energy, I knew I couldn't let this escape! I requested "Mango Pineapple" flavor, let's see how it worked...

INGREDIENT PROFILE

Lot of members have talked about this already so I'll highlight the main/best ingredients with their main benefits:
- 5 grams of Instantized BCAA's. It's a bonus they are instantized to help with the mixing. I don't know if that also means better absorption and availability but well it's still a bonus that they are instantized. 5 grams of BCAA is a good dose. Depending on the moment of the day you take them, they will give you lot of benefits like overall energy, clean energy, overall recovery, recovery between sets, recovery after workout, help with protein synthesis, delay fatigue and so many other benefits.

- 600mg of a Proprietary Blend of Green Tea Extract, Green Coffee Bean Extract, Rhodiola Rosea Extract and Maca Extract. The purpose of those ingredients is to give you natural energy and stress relief. That blend will give you 125mg of Natural Caffeine. Some of them look underdosed. I don't have a problem with propietary blends as long as they work correctly. I'll talk about their effectiveness later on. I think this is a good mix of known ingredients. Well done Ronnie! The 125mg of Caffeine is a good amount. It's not high but not low either and people that take pre-workouts will be happy to see this has 125mg.

- 3,785mg of another Proprietary Blend that has: Taurine, Potassium Phosphate, Sodium Citrate, Magnesium Phosphate and HICA. I like that it has HICA. SupplementReviews has a good description about HICA https://supplementreviews.com/ingredients/alpha-hydroxy-isocaproic-acid-hica Even though this is a Proprietary Blend, I think the product says how much it has of electrolytes. So if my Math is correct, it says it has 44 mg of Sodium Citrate, 237.6 mg of Potassium Phosphate and 22.5 mg of Magnesium Phosphate. So 44+237.6+22.5 = 304.1 mg of electrolytes. So that would leave us with 3,480.9 mg left to divide between the Taurine and the HICA. That would be a very good dose of HICA and Taurine. I don't know if my math is correct though. That amount of HICA is too high to be true + HICA is the last ingredient mentioned in that blend (which maybe means it's the one with the less amount) so maybe I'm wrong.

- 25 mg of Astragin for better absorption and the 3,180 mg of another Proprietary Blend that has stimulant free ingredients for fat loss. I didn't know Choline Bitartrate had fat loss abilities but reading more about it, yes it does. I didn't judge this product's fat loss abilities so I won't talk much about this.

So overall, nice and adequate selection of ingredients. Some of the ingredients in the Natural Energy and Stress Relief blend can even help with the weight/fat loss so that's also something positive.

DOSING

1 scoop each day with 8-12 oz of water. I usually used 10 oz, it will depend on your flavor preference. I tried this several ways: In the morning, preworkout (alone), intra-workout and post-workout to see how effective it was during those moments of the day. Let's see how effective it was...

EFFECTIVENESS

Aaaaaaand finally you reached the section that matters the most. Is it worth it or not!? HELL YES IT IS! How dare you doubt about Ronnie Coleman products!? (inb4Igotpaidtosaythat). I'll divide this according to the part of the day I used it.

*In the Mornings: This was my favorite moment of the day to drink AMINO TASTY. The caffeine felt really natural, clean energy. I was very surprised with the stress relief ability because I wasn't really expecting any effects on that but it worked very well. Good job with the Macca + Rhodiola combination. As I write this, I'm drinking my last scoop of Amino Tasty :( I could concentrate more on my tasks, fatigue was reduced, hydration was better. These effects lasted a good couple of hours. Highly effective. The stress relief and greater concentration is probably a mix between Macca, Rhodiola and the Choline Bitartrate. I feel that most of the benefits of the ingredients were seen when I took it in the morning.

*Pre-Workout: I know this isn't a Pre-Workout by itself but well, I wanted to decrease my caffeine tolerance so I took Amino Tasty for 1 week as my only pre-workout supplement. I'm used to the +300mg of Caffeine so with 125mg of Natural Caffeine, I thought it wasn't going to be enough for my 2 hour workouts. I was wrong. At the beginning, I was tired, yes, but as I continued, the energy and especially the BCAA's started to work! Recovery between sets was faster, I didn't need to drink too much water, focus was decent and energy was acceptable. That lasted like 1 hour and a half which is surprising for me because I wasn't expecting it to last so much.

*Intra-Workout: I took it by itself for like 3 days during my workout (without a pre-workout). I felt it wasn't so effective as taking it pre-workout by itself. IMO, this was the least effective way of taking Amino Tasty. It's strange because the original Amino-Tone is advertised as an Intra-Workout and considering this has the same formula, then it had to be most effective during the workout but nope, atleast it wasn't for me. I also used it for like 5 days intra-workout along with another pre-workout (of some other brand). It wasn't so effective either. It was working but not like I expected. For some reason, it wasn't giving me the additional energy I needed. In supplements, 1+1 is not always 2 ;)

*Post-Workout: My second favorite part of the day to drink Amino Tasty! Imagine you finish your workout very tired and you have a beauty waiting for you to start the massage... That's something similar to what I felt while drinking Amino Tasty post-workout. Muscle soreness was greatly reduced the next day, the caffeine and BCAA's after workout were very useful to keep doing stuff and not sit down being tired because of the workout. And if you have those effects combined with a Mango Pineapple flavor, then what else do you want bro!?

MIXABILITY

*Mixability was good. Instructions say that a slight foaming may occur when it was mixed with cold water and it happened. The foam wasn't heavy and abundant, it was just some slight foaming. Shake it and let it sit for like 30-60 seconds... or just drink it, the foam was controllable. Make sure you drink the foam if it's still there though, don't throw it away!

TASTE

*Aaaaand one of the most important attributes of this supplement, the TASTE! The Taste was very delicious! One of the best amino acid flavors I've had. It's in my top 2 of amino acid flavors. I requested Mango Pineapple and I'm very happy I got it! :D I love Mangos and Pineapples so I knew this was going to be delicious, it didn't dissapoint me! Like I always do, like 3 other persons tried this flavor. I wanted to know what they thought about the flavor and also see if I was being biased lol. But nope, I wasn't biased, they were all amazed with the flavor too! Ronnie Coleman, whoever came with the idea of making this flavor, congratulations for him/her! Great job! I give it a 9.5/10. Not a 10/10 because I would've liked to feel the Pineapple more. The Mango is dominant and the Pineapple is not felt so much. But considering I love Mangos, that wasn't a problem for me! :D Remember what I said in the Post-Workout paragraph (beauty doing the massage)? Just imagine having this delicious flavor with cold water after your workouts.. wow! I was very happy! AMINO TASTY! YYYEAAAHH BBBUUDDDYY!!

VALUE

BB, M&S and Tiger Fitness have it for $29.99, Ronnie Coleman's website for $32.99. That's a good and fair price. There are cheaper amino acids but probably not so effective and/or with this amazing taste and/or with the vast number of ingredients. Ronnie Coleman products usually have some kind of promotion/offer/discount so if you're smart enough, you can get this way cheaper. You just have to hunt it ;)

SIDE EFFECTS

Yes, it had a side effect: SADNESS! Amino Tasty is gone! I will no longer be able to drink this delicious tasty supplement :'(

CONCLUSION

Very delicious flavor (Mango Pineapple). Effective for natural energy, overall well being (feeling), stress relief, focus, recovery, delaying fatigue and other benefits. I recommend you to drink it in the morning or after your workout because it was most effective to me like that. Proprietary blends that work! Good price. You shouldn't have changed your old design/logo though but this one is nice. Amino Tasty is one of my new lovers from now on! :D

SUGGESTIONS FOR THE COMPANY

Just a section I would like to add when writing a review through the SR Troop program.
- Give a gift to whoever came with the idea of the Mango Pineapple flavor, seriously lol.
- Make a pineapple only flavor. You can't forget about pineapple lovers! You need to make one, just take your time to make it, don't hurry up, I want something godly just like the Mango Pineapple ;)
- If I had to choose between knowing the exact number of milligrams of the intra-training/hydration blend and the Natural Energy/Stress Relief blend, I would choose to know the Intra-training/hydration blend numbers. Why? Because the Natural Energy/Stress relief worked great so as long as it works, I don't have a problem with that Proprietary blend. I would prefer to know the exact amount of HICA. If you don't want to say it, it's ok, I understand your position, you have to protect your formula. My only advice to you is that make sure that amount of HICA isn't so small... or your reputation may decrease.
*Thank you for the samples of Amino-Tone and Yeah Buddy Preworkout. Also for the card and letter!

*Thanks again for participating!
*Hope you all enjoyed the review.
  • Increased Concentration
PiccoloPete
TROOPer Level: 45
  March 14, 2017

Thanks to Ronnie Coleman Signature Series for sending it out!

RCSS it is always a pleasure to receive a product from you, as these are high quality and always meet expectations. Aminos I believe are essential to keeping the muscles fed with goodies, prevent catabolism. At the same time bcaas can aid with fat loss.

I do apologize for taking so long in writing this review for BIG RON.

You get four blends in Amino-Tone+Energy

1) BCAA's in the form of InstaAminos: In a 2:1:1 ratio
2) Intra & hydration blend: This includes Taurine, HICA
3) Stim-free fat loss support: Choline, Raspberry Ketones (I also feel that this could be dropped)
4) Natural Energy & stress relief Complex: includes Maca, Green tea and coffee extract.

Taste: Pinapple mango was what I received and I have to say taste was on point easy to sip on during workouts without getting overwhelmed with a chemical taste like other amino products.

Mixability: The powder is very thin and when mixed in water mixes very easily with no foaming. It does however there is a tad it of sediment, this is no big deal because as you pick up your shaker or drinking container give it a quick shimmy shake and you are good to go.

Dosing: I will keep this section short and give more detail in the effectiveness section. Mostly used as an intra workout, but it can be used whenever you want to keep your muscle feed, hydrated and give your body some energy.

Ok, so I have seen more supplement companies come out with amino products with added caffeine. Well Amino-Tone +Energy is NOT just that. You get some added bonuses in this awesome RCSS product. You get hydration, energy/stress relief, aminos and fat loss support.

To me the energy and fat loss support where very helpful during my first 3 weeks of Keto dieting. I found myself struggling to get in good workouts as my weight was dropping so was the amount of weight on the bar. The energy from this was what actually got me through my workouts. The first few weeks of Keto I felt so sick and lethargic. AT+E helped me break a new low body weight, I started at around 226 and am now at 209. Yes, most of it is because I was stacking this with a couple other supplements helped me reach this. I don't plan on stopping until I get down to 195-190.

Muscle soreness was greatly reduced, due to the aminos. I was getting sore before this and would be sore for a 2-3 days, leg day even longer. I did notice the hydrating factor both during the workouts and any other time I drank my AT+E.

AT+E gave me that little boost as my preworkout started to fade, I would chug of it and then sip on the rest for the last few min of the workout. I used AT+E in the morning on my way to work a few time when I felt like I needed a morning boost without having coffee. I also used it as a make shift preworout on certain Friday, Saturday nights after my 2nd shift, the reason for this is the amount of caffeine is pretty spot on to give you a slight rush of energy without keeping you up at night. I think that Amino-Tone +energy is a very versatile amino product form a reliable and amazing company!

For a product as versatile at AT+E and a true 30 serving product I think it has good value. It is not only an amino product but that and much more. At $1 per serving this is pretty much spot on with the other supplement companies offering a comparable product.

Side Effects

None to notate.

Conclusion

Again, King Ronnie has provided us with a slam dunk amino product with some nice goodies for Hydration, energy and feel goodness. Thank you King Ron, and SR for the opportunity.

Again my Apologize for not posting this review sooner!
    • Mango pineapple: 9/10
    Vaughn
    TROOPer Level: 45
      March 1, 2017

Thanks to Ronnie Coleman Signature Series for sending it out!

Here today SR to do a review for RCSS's amino product Amino Tone + Energy. I've had the pleasure of reviewing the original Amino Tone, of which I had a very positive review. This product is virtually the same, but with the added boost of some natural energy. This addition was really nice for me as I continue to cut down, and worked really well! I'll break this product down for you.

I have attached the profile, and as you can see the profile is virtually the same as the original Amino Tone with 5 grams of BCAAs in the preferred 2:1:1 ratio, B vitamins, electrolytes, and a stim free fat loss complex of choline, coleus forskohlii, raspberry ketones, l-Alanine and inositol. This product also has two ingredients I like in HICA and Astragin that help with muscle preservation and absorption. I do have some minor gripes, with this being a prop blend and some questionable ingredients like raspberry ketones, but overall this is a great intraworkout product profile.

The new addition from the Original is the energy complex consisting of green tea, green coffee bean, rhodiola rosea and maca. I like these ingredients as they are. Jot super stim heavy and are geared more towards a slight energy boost and weight control. I feel this makes it a lot easier to stack with other products as I'll explain later. Very good profile.

I had the unicorn juice flavor, and it was truly magical and unique. Not quite fruit punch, but something similar and absolutely delicious. It also very light on the dyes which I appreciate. Mixability had a little settling which I had to reshape every once in awhile at the gym but nothing major. Dosing is whenever you need aminos, but I found it more useful and geared toward intraworkout and I used it that way throughout.

This worked extremely well, as good as the original, and the added energy did add some benefits for me. By category:

Hydration: superb, the electrolytes kept me hydrated and allowed for some longer workouts/cardio sessions.

Recovery: although I feel 5 grams is too light many times, the HICA and astragin probably helped here and recovered very well on off days and had no trouble hitting muscle groups again according to my program.

Weight loss: the weight loss ingredients, in being stim free, won't help you shed tons of lbs or even as well as a regular fat burner. I feel as these did a good job in controlling hunger and aided my fat burner I was using to become more effective. Just like when I reviewed the original, this helped lean me out some but really just helped aid my fat burner and control my appetite. Diet is the #1 factor in cutting though so this is definitely helpful.

Energy: very consistent, Nice boost. Here's why I found this very helpful. The fat burner I was taking was a once a day type of deal and was very strong. If I waited to take my fat burner preworkout, I was hungry and felt I needed help in the morning. If I took the fat burner in the morning, I felt like I needed help when I worked out in the afternoon and if I took a preworkout that would be ALOT of caffeine for the day. By using this I could take the fat burner in the morning and still get a boost from the energy in this at the gym. It being on a lower side of the stim matrix allows it to be more stackable especially when using fat burners. I thought this was great.

This is a newer product and is about $30 for 30 servings. At a dollar a day for all the ingredients and areas this can effect, I think it has a very good value.

Side Effects

Conclusion

Yeah buddy. I think this is a great product, especially when cutting. Although if you are bulking you might want a product with more aminos to be more cost effective, this definitely has a place for most lifters.
    Cray
    TROOPer Level: 57
      February 28, 2017

Thanks to Ronnie Coleman Signature Series for sending it out!

Can we all agree the fact Big Ron is active in this community is amazing? Just so cool.

Anyway, I really enjoyed the original Amino Tone and was excited to give this new version a run.

AT+E is loaded up with goodies. It contains a 2:1:1 ratio of amino acids at a dosing of 5g per scoop, which is an appropriate and effective dosage. Also included are multiple vitamins, an energy complex comprised of green tea and green coffee extracts, fat loss support through raspberry ketones and L-alanine, and ingredients designed to improve endurance and performance i.e. taurine and potassium phosphate.

It's challenging to determine if everything is dosed at an effective level given there are multiple prop blends here, but really the reason you're buying this product is the BCAAs which we know are on point. Everything else is just a bonus and a nice one at that.

I did not request a flavor and ended up receiving the 50/50 Tea. This is honestly the last flavor I would have chosen. I am not a tea drinker and really can't stand iced tea. Fortunately the flavoring is well done. It's not overpowering and I ended up enjoying the funky lemonade taste. Not my first choice, but it's different and certainly worth a try if you like Arnold Palmers.

I also got a sample pack of America which tasted awesome.

Primarily I mixed one heaping scoop with 32 oz. of water and sipped throughout my workout. I'd also occasionally throw a scoop in my water bottle just to sip throughout the morning. No issues with clumping or mixability. There is the standard foaming that you should expect with any BCAA product, however give it a minute and the product dissolves nicely.

This is great stuff. Loved it. I really noticed a difference in my endurance and ability to push through workouts, especially on days when I was feeling run down. It's not overpowering - AT+E gives you just enough to help you finish off your session once your preworkout has faded. It was also awesome as an early morning kick-off.

As for the "tone" aspect of the product - I didn't notice much effect but I wasn't expecting it to be honest. I appreciate the addition of some ingredients designed to support fat loss, but I don't think anyone is exploring this product for that feature alone.

Right now AT+E will run you $30 for 30 scoops - $1.00 per serving. This is slightly above average when compared to competitor products which I generally found to be around .80c per serving. However you can grab AT+E on most major supplement sites and therefore can almost always get some sort of discount. Also, there's not yet a 90 serving tub of this product, but I know the larger tub of the standard Amino Tone goes for .78c per serving. If that pricing were to stay consistent the value would be outstanding.

Regardless, the price as is for AT+E is solid in my book considering everything extra you're getting from this product that generally won't be found in competitor BCAA supplements.

Side Effects

Conclusion

This is a great, versatile, effective intra-workout that I'd absolutely recommend to anyone. Everything about it is on point. The profile. The price. The flavors. Another winner from the RC Signature Series.
      • 50/50 Tea: 7/10
      Chuntz
      TROOPer Level: 34
        February 26, 2017

Thanks to Ronnie Coleman Signature Series for sending it out!

First off, HUGE shoutout to Big Ron and team for making this available to us TROOPs. This is actually my 4th product review for the RC Signature Series, and once again I am a happy customer! Today we will be reviewing Amino-Tone +Energy, the UNICORN JUICE flavor! Yeah, that's right, unicorn juice.

Going to keep this short since everyone else went pretty in depth with this already. this contains your 2:1:1 ratio of Leucine, Isoleucine, and Valine, pretty standard. Next we have the intra-training and hydration complex at a blend of 3,785mg. Next we have a stim-free fat loss support complex at 3,180mg. Lastly, and my favorite,the natural energy and stress relief complex at 600mg. This is what separates amino tone and amino +energy. This is where you find your caffeine. It's almost like a pinch of YEAH BUDDY thrown into amino tone in my opinion. Also, these are all blends, but it didn't bother me.

Taste:

I honestly didn't know what to expect for taste. The flavor is unicorn juice with a rainbow behind it, but it looks delicious. If you look at the ingredients, there are different green tea components along with raspberry keytones. So lets actually get into the taste. First off, it's amazing, but what does it taste like? Personally, I felt it tasted like a combination of green tea and peach iced tea mixed together.

Mixability:

One scoop mixed in 8-12oz of water is the recommendation. I found even in 12oz of water it was a little gritty and it would not all dissolve no matter how long it was in there. I bumped it up a bit and found it dissolved better in just a few more ounces of water when wadded to my blender bottle.

Dosing:

I used this solely as an intra workout, which I think it is best for. I sccop in about 15-16oz of water and steadily sipped throughout my workout.

I've had the regular amino tone, which I also used as an intra workout, this is better. I would take preworkout before the gym and use the amino energy as an intra and the combination of the two was amazing, much better than the regular amino tone. I felt more energized throughout my workout. What I mean is that even after I felt my PWO tingles and beta alanine fade away, I still felt I had a lot left in me and would attest it was all due to the amino tone. I specifically recall one day where I spent 2.5hrs lifting with a friend where I normally spend 1-1.5hrs lifting and being exhausted. While on amino tone +energy I was lifting for a solid 2hrs every lift. I was also mad when I would finish it and would have to refill bottle with regular water.

I've found this the cheapest for $30, which isn't terrible, but I wish it was a little cheaper. I can agree with it being $30 because it contains more than your standard amino or BCAA product.

Side Effects

Developed horn on top of head, but what else do you expect on Unicorn Juice? (kidding)

Conclusion

just when I think I found my new go to product, something comes and replaces it. Amino-Tone +Energy is now in my top intra workouts. I'm going to pickup the 50/50 flavor next and give that a shot. Honestly, you can't go wrong with the unicorn juice flavor, I highly recommend.
       Pros:
       Cons:
      • Increased Hydration
      • Unicorn Juice: 9/10
      mhseaver670
      TROOPer Level: 81

February 24, 2017

Thanks to Ronnie Coleman Signature Series for sending it out!
      One look at a muscle mag or Youtube video and you know Big Ron knows supplements. I have used the energy Free version of this before and really enjoyed it. So to be able to try this with the added boost I said " Yes please " .

Profile.
      Again he know what to put in this stuff and there are several other members here that have broken this profile down enough that I will not go into details on it.
      Bcaa is a 2:1:1 mix
      There is a training an Hydration complex which Is something I really look for in a intra or a BCAA product. I feel this is a very important part of one.
      The true added bonus here is the Energy and stress relief complex at 600Mg. Which is composed of Green tea extract, Green coffee extract, Rhodiola Rosea extract, and maca root extract.
      I do think I would toss the Raspberry ketones and I feel they are useless.

Taste 10
      Like America!. I loved this. It was not too strong and not weak either. Really went down great when using some ice cold water.

Mixing 9
      There was some settling but after a few shakes after it sits for a min it goes away fairly easy.

Effectiveness 8
      I used this a few times at work for a small pick me and to help get me some extra Bcaa's in during the day. I really liked using it like this. I actually think this was my favorite part of it. It helped me repair and gave me a small boost for that midday blaa.
      Now for the intra workout. Again Big RON knows his stuff. This turned out to be a great intra. Having the Hydration and stress relief complex with the added energy boost makes this awesome. Now it was not off the chain energy like a true Pwo would be but it was enough to help push you through on those tough days after work. I will mention like another reviewer did I would like to see some extra coconut water and/or EAA's added in this as well.
      I did seem to sweat a bit more while on this even on this cold season we are on. I would always leave the gym soaked. Which is always good for me.
      I feel this is on par with most other Bcaa's But I am just not sure the energy was enough for me to spring for this verses the regular formula.

Value 8
      23 bucks for a 30 serving tub is not bad. That also seemed to be the cheapest place for this. I did not find it on amazon which I think would beat that price if you have prime. Anyway a good deal and Big Ron seems to always keep prices reasonable for his products is what I have noticed also.

Overall 8
      Yet another well done product but I do not think I would spring for this plus energy version. I think I just want to keep my Bcaa intra , as just that Intra. I am getting to where I do not like to have a lot of stimulates as much as I did. I tend the feel I have a better workout with Nooptropics now. Again as always thanks to Ronnie Coleman for being a big part of Sr.com.
      • America: 8/10
      McGilla
      TROOPer Level: 38
        February 21, 2017

Thanks to Ronnie Coleman Signature Series for sending it out!

Gilla likes aminos. Gilla likes caffeine. This product is all he could ever ask for in meathead life.

Luckily, the industry is headed for a "loaded" amino formula, be it either pump or energy goodies. This entry is Big Ron's into the energized amino ring.

It contains the same 5 gram amino blend of the regular amino tone broken down into the 2:1:1 ratio, as well as the goodies like HICA and Astragin. It also contains the "Stim-Free Fat Loss Support Complex"...which I find kind of funny since this product does have stims...but yes, that "blend"(why you do dis Big Ron?! We hate blends!) is stim-free, with all kinds of "weight loss" goodies like Raspberry Keytones, Forskolii, Choline...

In comes the PLUS ENERGY element, where "natural" "stimulants", green tea/coffee are added to the product. This product claims to have 125 mg of caffeine, yet that blend is 600 mg. I wish there was some disclosure here too :(.

I was given "Unicorn Juice". Now, I don't know if this is made of ground up unicorn meat or they milk the unicorns, but come to think of it...unicorns don't have udders, so the "juice" must come from... either way, it tastes a lot like a sweeter Hawaiian Punch. Maybe all the unicorns are kept and "milked" in Hawaii, but that's definitely the vibe I got from this flavor. I'm not really a fan of Hawaiian Punch, but I didn't dislike it. It's sort of "eh" worthy. At least I wasn't completely mind#$^&ed by the coloring, like the Blue "lemonade" of YEAHHH BUDDY or the Yellow "America" of the sample Amino Tone I was also sent. It's pinkish red, like Hawaiian Punch.

The product mixed as one would hope, well.

I always dosed this one scoop at a time.

Now, in being a jazzed up Amino, this product wants to hit a few different elements.

First, I'll jump right into it's bread and butter, the energy. This product nails this aspect extremely well. I was not looking for the coked out vibe I got from YEA BUDDY, I was looking for a midday, second workout pick me up. It's basically a slow releasing energy that helps last throughout the workout as it gives you a bit of a boost, but it's sustained through sipping. It really helped me extend my workouts in the afternoon by about 15 minutes with each use in terms of the energy and focus boost. The energy element did also as noted...sustain. I did have a trouble coming down from this on a few occasions at bedtime, but that was when I still had some left in my shaker and I drank the last third or so at home. What I needed to do to combat this, was to consume more at the gym. Which does show the product does have a decent "hydration" element as well, since I had to focus myself on wanting to consume more liquid at the gym, as sipping it was actually fine if I didn't want to focus on it.

Next is the "tone" element, I will say this product was up and down. It did not make me insane sweat like I had sort of hoped. If I'm taking a "weight loss" supplement, I want to SEE it on my shirt. Feel that shirt stuck to me. It didn't really hit me there. I did feel a bit of an "appetite suppression" as I would eat less when I came home and felt satisfied with that. I think the addition of Capsium/pepper extract could have been a fun addition to the product.

As for the stamina and recovery elements with standard aminos, I did feel with the addition of the energy ingredients that I wanted to work out longer. This usually resulted in more cardio. Not necessarily extra reps, but it did extend my gym time. "Recovery" is hard to measure, but I don't think it was a miracle worker, but it there was probably a bit of a boost there as well.

Currently, this product is sold on bb.com for $23.76, for 30 scoops of an Amino product with some extra goodies, that's a pretty solid deal. I like the price point of $20 for 30 servings of Aminos, but this product has goodies, so it's fair.

Side Effects

Nope.

Conclusion

The King produces yet another winner. I did not like the prop blends as I think we all hate those, but there are a "bunch" of ingredients, so I guess it can be forgiven a tad. A "sweat element" would be a cherry on top, but for a loaded Amino, this product does indeed hit the mark quite well. Gilla approved.
      WarMachine
      TROOPer Level: 70
        February 20, 2017

Thanks to Ronnie Coleman Signature Series for sending it out!

A big time thanks to RCSS and BigRon himself for their continued support here on SR.com. Today, I discuss their new BCAA formulation Amino Tone + Energy (AT-Energy). I've used the original Amino-Tone in the past and loved it. It was a superior intra-workout supplement which gave me some real good extra energy, hydration, and endurance. When I learned of this new product, I had to try it for myself.

The profile is pretty extensive so you'll definitely want to refer to the inset image below.

The profile begins with a dosage of B-vitamins, followed by a 5,000 mg dosing of the BCAAs Leucine at 2500 mg, Iso-Leucine at 1250 mg, and Valine at 1250 mg. Next, there is an intra-support matrix dosed at 3785 mg blended of HICA, potassium, Taurine, and Magnesium. Following that is the stim-free support complex of 3180 mg containing inositol, coleus forskohli, raspberry ketones, choline, and L-alanine. Lastly is the 600 mg natural energy and stress relief complex that contains green tea extract, green coffee bean extract, maca, and rhodiola rosea.

Phew, that's a lot candy to put in an amino product, but for something like this I'd say the more the merrier.

No doubt, AT-Energy has plenty of good well known ingredients in its formulation with the potential to give you the benefits of BCAAs with added natural energy, fat loss, and endurance benefits. Some of these ingredients are in blends, but I think most are decently dosed.

I received the America flavor. It was symbolic of the classic red, white, and blue Rocket Popsicle that we knew from our childhoods that we would get from our local ice cream vendors. The taste was great, it definitely made me think I was enjoying a frozen treat. It was not too sweet, sour, or gritty.

Each serving mixed well in both water and sports drinks.

I used AT-Energy solely as an intra-workout product. I combined one scoop with 12 ounces of either water or powerade and sipped it during my workout, usually between weight sets.

From my past experience with the original Amino-Tone and other BCAAs products, I gauge the efficacy of this product based on intra-workout support in the categories of complimenting energy enhancement, endurance, and recovery.

The first thing I will note is that I was using a PWO at the same time, but I will say that AT-Energy gave me some real nice noticeable complimenting energy which allowed me to power through some extra sets and movements in each workout session. I noticed the energy more so once I would finish consuming it which was a little before half completion of my workout.

The fatigue reduction I got was significantly improved. I noticed I had less of that lactic acid "burn" that you get with high volume sets, which usually result in me dropping the weight before my completed quota of reps if I don't rest enough between sets. AT-Energy helped reduce this and allowed me to bang out extra reps and reach rep quotas more often with less of the aftermath fatigue after each set. This reduction of fatigue made it easier to do my Time Under Tension sets with my heavy compound movements more effectively, especially squats.

My cardio endurance seemed a little improved, but I was not focusing much on HIIT cardio during this phase so perhaps with I had I'd be able to analyze this benefit more. I was still engaging in my boxing intervals and noticed some increased aggression and stamina during heavy bag training so that was a good plus.

Lastly, even though I took AT-Energy only intra-workout, I did notice the fatigue reduction and endurance enhancement carried over to my post workout recovery as I noticed I was recovering better with noticeably reduced next day DOMS. This is real important when your routine calls for multiple leg days.

I didn't assess any fat loss benefits because my current phase training is not geared at that at this time. A did experience a mild thermo effect but nothing dramatic.

In summary, AT-Energy hit all the nails on the head for my intra workout needs.

The general selling retail price of AT-Energy is 29.99. You get 30 servings per tub so that's a dollar a serving. I think this is a fair value considering how well AT-Energy worked, but I would definitely look out for sales.

Side Effects

Conclusion

All I can say is, "YEAH BUDDAY" to Amino-Tone + Energy. Another great product from the RCSS line that delivers where you need it. Amino-Tone +Energy will help give you some extra energy, aid in fat loss, and help you crush out those extra sets while giving you all the goodness of BCAAs.

WARMACHINE OUT!!!
      • America: 8/10
      bromine2122
      TROOPer Level: 57
        February 16, 2017

Introduction + Supplement facts
      Huge thank you to Ronnie Coleman Signature Series for their support of the SR Troops program. I've tried RCSS products before in the past and I have really enjoyed them along with having pretty good results. I tired the non-caffeine version of amino-tone and really enjoyed it. So when RCSS came out with and caffeine version I had to try it. Amino-tone+Energy is and anabolic amino acid & metabolic enhancer. Let's see how natty this bcaa really is.
      Amino-Tone energy is broken down into four different areas. First you have the BCAA's which are 5g at a 2:1:1 ratio. With this product you get InstAminos what are these well good question. InstAminos will help reduce recovery time following heavy and intense training. It will also help stimulate protein synthesis to help with muscle growth. You can get more information here http://www.compoundsolutions.com/assets/instaminos_mar16.pdf
      The bcaa breakdown is Leucine 2.5g, Isoleucine 1.25g, and valine 1.25g. Now you have the intra-aid training hydration aspect of this product. This is one of the drawbacks that I didn't like was not knowing the amounts you were getting. Here you get and 3.785g blend which is everything from L-Taurine, HICA and a few other items in-between there. I've had HICA in a few other items before and the results were good. I just wish you could get a better breakdown of each one. Next is the stim-free fat loss support complex. This is another blend where you get 3.180g which includes raspberry ketones which really got big thanks to the voodoo witch doctor OZ. You also have choline bitartate, and a few other ones. The last profile on this guy is the natural energy and stress relief complex. Which is only 600mg so it's really not that much. I know 125mg of it is caffeine which looks like they use green coffee bean extract.
      Taste + Mixability + Dosing
      Well I asked for unicorn blood but they sent me mango pineapple which for be could be either really good or just straight s**t. I've tried other fruity type products before in the past and yeah it was not good at all. But RCSS did a great job with the flavor it was quite tasty. Since this product has InstAminos the mixabily was better then you standard bcaa. It mixed really easy and I had zero issues. Dosing was 1 scoop with 8-10oz of water depending on how strong you wanted. I usually did 20oz if with that must the taste was still pretty strong.

Effectiveness 8.4/10
      The recovery time was off the chart with this stuff. The use of InstAminos really help in the reduction of muscle soreness. Which has been really handy because my workouts have been really intense as of late. There has been more compound movements on two the six days I train and then superset another two days then lastly do a higher volume day to work on proper form while getting higher reps in. The InstAminos made a noticeable difference so I'm glad that RCSS switch to them. Plus they are no GMO's for all you John Mackey fans out there. The intra-aid hydration was really good. I was just hoping for coconut water extract there is really good hydration benefits to it and my body seems to respond better to it. I really could tell if the natural stress and relief complex was working or if it was just the placebo effect. My job really isn't that stressful but maybe if you were a day trader on the stock market it might make you day just a tad bit better. Another aspect of this product is the stim-free fat loss support. Now from a thermogenic side of things when I was taking this on leg day or back day which were heavy compound movements for me it did give me the extra push that I need towards the end of my set where I was felling worn down. That extra kick of energy was really great too because when you do barbell bent over rows then straight to rack in pulls s**t you get depleted real quickly. So yeah thanks for the natty caffeine.

Value 8.8/10
      At bodybuilding.com amino-tone energy is 29.99 for 30 servings which is a 1.00 per serving.

Side Effects

Nope no side effects

Conclusion

If you need a great and speedy recovery in-between your training days to help you repair and decrease DOMS this stuff is great. But if you are looking for a fat-loss product that will also help you de-stress this may not work for you. Overall with the DOMS results I got plus the extra boost of caffeine this is a product I would buy again.
      • Mango pineapple: 10/10
      workoutguru
      TROOPer Level: 68
        February 16, 2017

Thanks to Ronnie Coleman Signature Series for sending it out!
      First off I want to thank Ronnie Coleman and his team for letting us troopers have the chance to try this. I have really been getting into amino products lately with caffeine in them and like to use them in the mornings as my coffee replacement. Awhile back I got to try his regular amino product amino tone and was interested in seeing how this would compare alone with a few extra things they put in here. I see they did add some new ingredients to this which I will explain below. I have used a few of this other products and thought they were decent products and look forward to using this.

Ingredients:
      The profile for this is fairly long with a lot of stuff they put in here. This is a little more than just your normal BCAAs. I really like that they upped the aminos a bit from 4,000mg to 5,000mg. You get 125mg of caffeine in this which I thought was a bit on the low side and would like to see them upped this to around 200mg or so to help make this a little more effective. I also like the added AstraGin they use which helps absorb aminos and other ingredients better. I liked the approach they tried with adding the stim-free fat loss complex but for me I thought it was a little to weak and did not get much from that. They break this down into four different groups which I will list what they are but you can check out what's in each area below in the ingredient profile I posted.
      First you get your Instantized BCAAs (as InstAminos) 2:1:1 ratio at 5,000mg
      Second INTRA-Training Performance & Hydration Complex at 3,785mg
      Third STIM-FREE Fat Loss Support Complex at 600mg
      Fourth Natural Energy & Stress Relief Complex 600mg This is a whole new section they added which I kind of liked and I will explain a little more about it.
      What I don't like is that they list everything in these areas in prop blends which I don't like and would like to know just how much of each ingredient I am getting.

In this new area they added four new ingredients and I will break them down as to what they are and what they are suppose to do.

Green Tea Extract- A natural source of caffeine, Green tea also helps promotes, fat loss, provides antioxidant support and can help your body scavenge harmful free radicals.

Green Coffee Extract- Also a source of natural caffeine, unlike roasted coffee green coffee been extracts contains chlorogenic acid which may help your body release glucose and increase the metabolic process of your liver.

Rhodiola Rosea Extract- An adaptogen and natural extract that can help the body adapt to stress. Also supports both mental and physical performance.

Maca Extract- Another adaptogen that helps support hormone balance, immune system function, increased energy, sexual function, memory and focus.

Value:
      Right now the only place I can find this is on tigerfitness.com and they want $29.99 for 30 servings. I guess that is not to bad a price for a product like this at about a $1 a serving.

Taste:
      This comes in 4 flavors unicorn juice, America, mango pineapple and 50/50 tea. I decided to give the 50/50 tea a try. This is your mix of ice tea and lemonade kind of like an arnie palmer. I thought it was pretty good. It did not have that real over powering taste to and it was not to sweet or bitter at all. I thought it had that nice refreshing taste to it. I think it was a good mix between the two flavors ice tea and lemonade. I had this same flavor awhile back in a different amino product from another company and I think their flavor was just a little better but not by much. This I really enjoyed drinking each time.

Mixing/Dosing:
      This seemed to mix pretty well with no left over little pieces or much in the way of foam. Dosing was pretty simple. Since this contains caffeine for energy I would use this in the mornings as a replacement to coffee since I don't drink coffee. I would do one scoop in the mornings. At times I felt I could have done two scoops which would have made it a little more effective I think but never did. There were a few times I would take this later in the day if felt I needed a little extra recovery and energy but mainly would only take this in the mornings.

The new thing now is to add caffeine to your aminos. I am starting to see more companies come out with products like this which I like. I used to never really care for these kind of products with caffeine in it because I figured if I was going to be taking this during my workout it would be to much caffeine for me since I was all ready getting a lot from my pre-workout. I decided awhile back I would take a product like this in the mornings instead to help give me some extra recovery and energy. Since I don't like coffee and don't drink it this would be my replacement for that. When it comes to the amino part and how my recovery was I thought it was ok. I think it was on par with a lot of the other amino products I have tried. I did not think it was real outstanding but I do think it helped some. I am glad to see they did up the aminos in this a bit which I thought helped a little more. Leucine 2,000mg and now has 2,500, Isoleucine 1,000mg and now has 1,250mg, and the Valine 1,000mg and now has 1,250mg. I would like to see them go even a little higher but I am ok with what they have now. I think this did help take away some of the extra soreness I would feel from my workout the day before and helped me be more ready for later in the day when I would workout again. It seemed like my overall endurance was better in the mornings and could keep going more. This is also suppose to help with better hydration and I think it did a good job at helping with that. Sometime I have a hard time drink the amount of water I should be and with this it help keep me better hydrated.

The stim free fat loss complex they put in this I thought was a little on the weak side. At one scoop I could feel it some but nothing real crazy like. At two scoops I think this would have been a little more effective. I did notice some days I would start to sweat a little but depended more so on how active I was that morning and what I was doing. I do think this helped take away some of my appetite which I did not like so much since I am trying to bulk right now. I know my weight has gone down a little from not eating as much and don't like that right now. I like that they wanted to put this in here and there approach to this but they need to ether up the dosing a bit or just take it out all together.

In this they added a new section to this which I kind of liked called Natural Energy & Stress Relief Complex at 600mg. In this area is where you get your energy and some stuff to help relief some stress and give you better mental focus. On the front of the label it says you get 125mg caffeine all natty. I think that amount is a bit to low for me. I would have liked to have it around 200mg or so. It did help some at getting me going but would have liked a bit more. I do like that they go all natty with the energy. By no means are you going to feel all jittery at all. For a nice little boost in energy this was ok but would have liked it to have been a bit more. I think the mental focus and stress relief part was ok. I think it helped me some but nothing real outstand like. I think have some good metal focus is a plus and really helps make a product more effective. How much it really helped with the stress part not to much. I do like that they added it but wish it could have been a bit more effective for me.

Side Effects:
      Nothing I noticed.

Overall:
      I like the idea behind this kind of product. I thought overall it was a decent product. It was nothing really wowed me but I think it did help me some. I think if they could up some of the ingredients a little more it would help make this a little more effective. I know you used two scoops this would probably help you a bit more than just one scoop but I don't want to go through container that much quicker. I think this is worth giving a try at least once. Would this be something I would use again probably not. I think this would be better to use if your trying to cut more so than bulking. Again I want to thank Ronnie Cole and his team for making this product and letting us troopers have the chance to try it.
      • 50/50 Tea: 8/10