Ranks #56 (better than 57%)
In: Amino Acids > BCAA/EAA

Amino Tone is a BCAA manufactured by Ronnie Coleman Signature Series. BCAA is short for branched chain amino acids. They are the building blocks of protein and can increase protein synthesis, muscle recovery and endurance during workouts and have also been shown to reduce body fat.
DEALS

Amino Acids > BCAA/EAA

poppapat1503
  October 19, 2016

Thanks to Ronnie Coleman Signature Series for sending it out!

What's up SR! First off I want to apologize to SR, life got hectic and excuse excuse excuse. I also want to apologize to RCSS and a few other companies here shortly. Also big thanks to SR TROOP program and RCSS for giving me this opportunity to try this product out. A little background. I am heavy into the local powerlifting scene, I work manual labor, and I am always on the hunt for increased recovery and improved performance. When I saw this was open I had to give it a try.

The ingredient profile is solid in my opinion. They have a 2:1:1 ratio of BCAA's comprised of 5 grams! Very respectful amounts here. Raspberry ketones isn't something I felt or bought into but they are in there. Their Taurine and potassium citrate were definitely appreciated.

The taste was awesome! I had no idea what America was until I tasted it for the first time and it took me back to those red, blue, and white popsicles. The mixability was no where close to being any sort of an issue. The dosing for this product was very simple. I would sip this throughout my workout. I would try actually. A lot of the times the taste was just so good I ended up chugging it before my workout was over.

The effectiveness of this product was great as an intra workout product. As a non stimulant fat burner/burning properties I didn't notice,feel, or see a difference. I could definitely tell a difference while I was training. I didn't need to take as many breaks nor did I need to take as long of breaks either. Post workout I could tell my body took to the amino acids well because I wasn't as sore as I normally would be without it. Even the following day or two the soreness didn't come full force like it normally did. Especially when it came to heavy squat sessions. The DOMs usually come a day or two afterwards hard and with this they still came but not as much as I was expecting.

The value on this is pretty great. Twenty three bucks for thirty servings is awesome. Anytime a supplement is less than a dollar a serving I'm usually on board.

Side Effects

There was no side effects that I could tell.

Conclusion

My conclusion on this product is this. I sincerely enjoyed this intra workout and already have bought a couple since. The flavor and the results are great and for how little it costs you can't go wrong.
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Increased Hydration
  • Amazing Taste
  • Decreased Lactic Acid Burn
  • Boost Of Endurance
  • Interesting Ingredients
  • Taste
  • Increased Recovery
  • Thermo Effect Could Be Better
  • Under-dosing In Some Ingredients
  • Needs Larger Containers
  • Proprietary Blends
  • America: 9/10
FlashReborn
  October 3, 2016

Thanks to Ronnie Coleman Signature Series for sending it out!

Hey all! Feels good to be able to get back on the product reviews! After a disappointing run from a couple other amino products, I was happy to get into my bottle of AminoTone. I have still been running a Lean Mass training program although I do plan on switching it up again too. The program I am running has been increasing soreness and demanding recovery that only quality products have been able to provide. Running AminoTone was a step in the right direction.

This product starts off by providing a 2:1:1 of BCAAs in a 5g serving. I wish there were a bit more in there but a latter ingredient helps with that. It then adds 3.875g of a blend of Taurine, Potassium, Sodium, Magnesium, and HICA which helps with hydration, electrolyte replenishment, and cramp prevention. This seems like a viable dose, even though you don't get the specifics for each one. It then provides 3.180g of Raspberry Ketones, Inositol, L-Alanine, Choleus Forskohlii, and Choline Bitartrate as a stim free fat loss complex. Research is controversial about Raspberry Ketones but either way the complex seems to be heading in the right direction. The signature ingredient of Coleman products is the 25mg of AstraGin which increases the absorption of the BCAA's and other ingredients.

I tried the Cherry Limeade version of this product and it was quite delicious. It mixed well with my intra carbs and I tried it both with and without and the taste wasn't heavy, not too strong, but tasted great.

I wouldn't consider this the very best recovery product on the market but thought that it provided results that were very much above average. I think the main difference that doesn't make it the best is the profile being limited to the BCAAs, HICA, electrolytes, and Taurine, which are very essential to recovery and hydration but the profile could have been taken further with other basic ingredients such as Glutamine and L-Carnitine-L-Tartrate. Besides this, based on recovery alone I felt like this was a better than average product. Recovery was improved from the poorer quality amino I had been taking, post workout cramping was a bit less frequent, and there was less overall DOMS.

I think that this product has a pretty good value. I was able to find it for 19.99 for a 30 serving bottle. Making each workout cost about 0.66. I would still be happier with a little more aminos overall but for the results and quality of ingredients I am fairly happy with the price/results.

Side Effects

Conclusion

All in all, I am not at all surprised that Amino Tone came out to be an above average product. It is made with quality ingredients and comes out at a fair price. I do wish they would boost up the profile a bit, but all things considered this is an affordable and effective intraworkout product.
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Increased Hydration
  • Increased Recovery
  • Taste
  • Non-stim Thermo
  • Just Enough Flavoring
  • Decreased Lactic Acid Burn
  • Proprietary Blends
  • Cherry Limeade: 9/10
pudgusky
  September 15, 2016

Thanks to Ronnie Coleman Signature Series for sending it out!

I used this product a little differently than most people use a BCAA. Instead of drinking it during my workout, I would add 2 scoops to my gallon of water and drink it at my desk throughout the day. I used it during a cut to prevent catabolism while I sit on my ass reading spreadsheets all day with no food in my system.

6.5/10

It loses points right off the bat for the proprietary blends.

For the INTRA-Training Performance & Hydration Complex blend I did some calculations because the amount of Sodium, Magnesium, and Potassium are disclosed, and each is from only one source.
If the ingredients are listed in order by decreasing amounts, as is typically done, then there is less than 122mg of HICA per scoop, as 22.5mg of magnesium would equate to 122mg of magnesium phosphate.
Conversely, there is no less than the staggering amount of 2800 mg of the cheap filler amino taurine, which has hydration benefits up to a point but at that level, it seems it's just being used to make it look like there are more electrolytes and HICA due to being hidden in a larger total blend. There may be MORE taurine than that if the potassium disclosed includes that from the acesulfame potassium, but it specifies that the potassium is from potassium phosphate.

Unfortunately, the same type of reverse engineering can't be applied to the stim-free Fat Loss Support Complex proprietary blend. This could be as crazily lopsided as the prior blend in favor of the not-so-relevant L-alanine, or it could have even less of the proven ingredients like choline bitartrate and coleus forskohlii. There's no way to know and RCSS is hiding it away from the consumers to whom it should matter most.

It gets point back for having a full 5g of BCAAs in the common 2:1:1 ratio, and the relatively large dose of AstraGin for performance and amino absorption enhancement. The extra electrolytes are also a welcome addition. These are great intra-workout ingredients and the vast majority of the experienced benefits can be found right here.

7.0/10

I got cherry limeade. The flavoring was well balanced with 2 scoops in a gallon of water and with a scoop in 12-20 oz of water. So it had a lot of range for what ratio worked. It just didn't taste all that good.

Mixability was unimpressive with a noticeable amount of grit and residue always remaining at the bottom of my gallon, even though I swirled the jug pretty significantly before pouring it over to refill my 20oz cup that I drink from.

8.0/10

If you've used BCAAs, you know they make a difference in your gym performance. I saw what I expected from a pure BCAA product: decreased soreness and recovery time between workouts. More than I would have expected from a simple 5g BCAA product, so I definitely attribute some additional benefits to the AstraGin.
The anti-catabolic effects during my cut didn't have an appreciable and measurable effect so I can't speak to them. There were no additional toning or fat-loss effects from this product.

6.0/10

See attached price comparison image. You can get a pure BCAA product for way cheaper, and BCAA products with way more (and fully disclosed) extras for comparable prices. I wouldn't buy this if it wasn't on sale, although as an order add-on it might make sense.

Side Effects

n/a

Conclusion

7.0/10

It looks good as a 14.5 gram intra-workout product, and I somewhat trust Ronnie to let his reputation come before the company's bottom line. But the lack of disclosure on the label means that a hefty amount of that scoop might be cheap taurine and L-alanine that isn't doing you much good and just padding their profits. Without knowing how much of the good stuff I'm getting, it's impossible for me to say the value is very good. Because the benefits didn't significantly exceed what I would expect from a basic BCAA product, I'd have a hard time recommending this to others.
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Increased Hydration
  • Boost Of Endurance
  • Increased Recovery
  • Just Enough Flavoring
  • Tons Of Taurine
  • Cherry Limeade: 7/10
ODAAT365
TROOPer Level: 49
  September 14, 2016

Thanks to Ronnie Coleman Signature Series for sending it out!

As always a big thank you to supplementreviews.com and RCSS for participating in the TROOPER program. I was able to try this product free of charge in exchange for an honest review. Apologies for the tardiness of this review. It's been a crazy summer and my workout goals changed completely in the middle of this product which made it a little difficult to evaluate. As always, I shall do my best to give a fair, accurate review.

When I started this run I was just kind of in summer maintenance mode. I tend to gain fat in the summers and I thought maybe Amino Tone could help me keep some of it off. Where I live, summers are precious and due to my lifestyle there simply isn't time to get to the gym much. Nearly every weekend I am out of town without gym facilities and during the week I'm either at work or enjoying outdoor activities. On top of that I fell in love with cycling, bought my first road bike, and completely stopped lifting weights in about mid July. There simply isn't time for both. I will pick up the iron again when the weather turns ugly. So this all happened during my run with Amino Tone. Diet has turned to crap really since starting cycling. Cycling 100+ miles every week has made me so hungry, especially for carbs, that I can't control myself. I've actually gained about 4lbs. So this is the framework of which I will try to give my best impressions on Amino Tone. Just so everyone knows I didn't really have a good setup to get the most out of the product, and that's on me, not the product.

The ingredient profile is good, but not great due to the proprietary blends. I really like that there is a big electrolyte and hydration blend. I always look for that in a BCAA formula since I use mine intra workout. At 5g the BCAAs are a middling dose and I like the inclusion of HICA, which is a nice addition. The "Tone" part from the name is something a little different for a BCAA. The main ingredients here look like Coleus Forskohlii and Raspberry Ketones. Raspberry Ketones are worthless IMO but Coleus Forskohlii has some legitimate benefits. Also so in this blend are a couple focus ingredients; Choline and Inositol. Unfortunately, everything except the BCAA is in a blend so I don't really know how effective doses are or what concentration the Forskohlii is. Finally, as most of RCSS products I've seen they include AstraGin for absorption, which is great as well.

I had the America flavor and while it did taste like a rocket pop, I didn't really like the flavor as much when it wasn't mixed with equal parts sugar like a Popsicle LOL. For me, it just tasted like a really weird Lemonade. Don't get me wrong, it was totally drinkable. I wasn't choking it down or anything. I just wouldn't get this particular flavor again.

Mixability in a blender ball shaker was fine, even with cold water or ice. I do like that there was not a ton of dyes in it. Well done.

I just dosed a heaping scoop with 20oz of water during activities. Pretty standard and very easy.

As I mentioned earlier, I used this for two different type of activity, weight lifting and cycling. I in the gym I noticed all the usual things I get from a BCAA. I get a little better endurance and can push a little harder on whatever I'm lifting that day. I can get a little more work done that I can without it. I usually do some cardio too and I like the hydration blend that keeps me from cramping or having any issue there. Recovery and soreness is was better than using nothing.

I think I noticed the effects even more from cycling, since this is a new stimulus to my muscles and nervous system. Recovery was way better when I used this during a ride and I definitely had more stamina during the rides as a result of staying well hydrated. I will continue to use BCAAs during my rides as my body adapts to the new stimulus. Right now I'm still sore all the damn time regardless!

As far as the weight loss goes, obviously I didn't see anything there. However, as I mentioned earlier my diet wasn't correct, nor was I on any type of cut so I don't blame that at all on the Amino Tone. I do suspect that unless you're on a cut and diet is dialed in then you probably won't see much weight loss. How much "extra" weight you would lose with this product if using on a cut I can only guess.

I've seen this 30 servings go for $24-$28 which comes out about a dollar per serving since I dosed it at about 1.5 scoop. Really, that's not a terrible price. There are certainly cheaper BCAA products out there but since this profile is somewhat unique with the weight loss complex it's not exactly apple to apples. There are also plenty of brands out there that give you less for more money.

Side Effects

None!

Conclusion

Personally, I don't think I would use this product again unless I was on a true cut. I just don't see the need to pay for weight loss ingredients otherwise. If you are on a cut, Amino Tone would be a nice BCAA formula to employ. Every little bit helps when you're on a cut. That said you could certainly do worse on a general BCAA products than this. I've tried a few RCSS products now and I am confident that they are of good quality and that means everything in the supplement world. Full marks also for doing something a little different than the competition. I definitely think there's a place in the market for Amino Tone and hope to see it stick around.

Thanks for reading!
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Increased Hydration
  • Boost Of Endurance
  • Increased Recovery
  • Best Used Only On A Cut
  • Under-dosing In Some Ingredients
  • Proprietary Blend On Many Ingredients
  • America: 6/10
htevans
TROOPer Level: 38
  September 4, 2016

Thanks to Ronnie Coleman Signature Series for sending it out!

Big thank you to Big Ron for sending this out. Sorry it has taken a bit to review it.

This is an intra-workout amino acid supplement with a fat-burning complex. For an intra-workout amino this has a standard 5g of BCAAs at a 2:1:1 ratio. Additionally, there is 3.785g of a training/hydration complex that contains L-taurine, electrolytes, and HICA. What's not to like about that? Plus, there is 25mg of AstraGin per serving. Amino-Tone is a solid choice amongst amino acid supplements. The 3.18g fat-burning complex is disappointing, however. Coleus Forskohlii, Choline Bitartrate, and Inositol are not terrible options but I don't know how much of each is in a serving. Also, Raspberry Ketones are pretty much worthless and should be replaced with something else. L-Alanine, which starts the blend, was probably included for its blood-sugar relation properties but I'm not entirely sure. I'd probably replace L-Alanine with something else, as well, but I've never used it alone so perhaps it is worth keeping. My only other qualms are with the dye and lack of complete transparency of the label. Since the transparency is only lacking in the two blends, "INTRA-Training Performance & Hydration Complex," and "STIM-FREE Fat Loss Support Complex" I didn't deduct much for this. My main deductions come from the inclusion of a worthless ingredient in raspberry ketones and dyes. That being said, Amino-Tone's profile is still a decent one in this supplement category.

I received the America flavor and it was delicious. Plus, the flavor lasted at 1 scoop per 20oz. Both of these features impressed me. I'd highly recommend trying this product for taste alone (it was that good). fixability was standard for amino acid supplements, which is to say almost perfect. I dosed this at 1 scoop intra-workout for almost the entire time. Occasionally, I would have a scoop or two on a rest day or two scoops intra-workout.

I'm a bit torn on the effectiveness rating. As an amino-acid/intra-workout supplement this performed just as well as other top products in the category. I found the usual decrease in DOMS by a day or so. I really loved the hydration complex intra-workout as well. I'm always trying to drink more water and loved being able to put one scoop in entire shaker cup while keeping the great taste. I felt the electrolytes helped noticeably more than when just drinking water in the gym and I didn't feel parched for half of my lift. The fat-burning complex left me less impressed, however. I had recently upped my cardio by about 10-15 minutes and I didn't notice any extra fat-burning, or anything out of the ordinary (in the good way). I did sweat tremendously more though. I doubt this actually helped with fat-burning but it does give you the illusion that you're burning more fat, and I actually like that a lot. This feature is perhaps the saving grace of that entire complex. For the solid, consistent amino-acid related results and increased sweating, I rated this towards the higher end of 8. I would've probably given the fat-burning complex a 6 on its own but the increased sweating and added electrolytes really helped bring up the overall effectiveness rating.

7.75/10
The value on this product is really close to an 8. 30 serving containers can usually be found for around $23-24 and I almost always see some sort of sale or special involving Amino-Tone. Oddly enough, the 90 serving container, while more convenient, are about $70 and thus no more economical. If the price-point was a little better for the 90 serving container then I'd probably bump this up to a 8/10 rating.

Side Effects

Other than intense sweating, I experienced no side-effects while taking Amino-Tone. I actually like the sweating, though, so I won't deduct any points for it.

Conclusion

7.8/10
I feel a 7.75 (which rounds to a 7.8) rating is fair here. The taste was sensational and there were definitely some things to like about the profile, including HICA, 2:1:1 ratio, and electrolytes. The value is decent, especially at the 30 serving price-point. The main problems with Amino-Tone are the inclusion of raspberry ketones, and the lackluster performance of the fat-burning complex. Still, it is a decent product that I'll likely wind up purchasing because the taste was great and it performed great in the most important areas of hydration and recovery.
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Increased Hydration
  • Boost Of Endurance
  • Increased Recovery
  • Taste
  • Amazing Taste
  • No Thermo Effect
  • Thermo Effect Could Be Better
  • Price
trey-carmine
TROOPer Level: 60
  August 28, 2016

Thanks to Ronnie Coleman Signature Series for sending it out!
BCAA products are popping up left and right these days with all the research to support their usefulness. RCSS are trying to make their own mark with Amino-Tone. Big thanks to RCSS and SR for making this review possible.

RCSS was going for an amino product that featured a non stim fat burning complex and hydration support. These are some key highlights of the profile.

4g BCAA at a 2:1:1 ratio

3755mg INTRA-Training Performance & Hydration Complex which includes Taurine, Potassium, Magnesium and HICA at undisclosed amounts.

3180mg STIM-FREE Fat Loss Support Complex which includes L-Alanine, Raspberry Ketones (STOP TRYING TO MAKE THIS BE A THING), Coleus Forskohli (Great inclusion if it was the TM version forskolin)

The profile is average at best with the BCAA dosage and the other two complexes are hard to find positives on for me. Hidden prop blends shouldn't be happening in today's industry. I like the hydration inclusion and believe Taurine is under utilized by todays industry and it shouldn't be since it's dirt cheap! Overall I wasn't too impressed with the formula and it left me with a underwhelming feeling of this just being another average amino product.

I always went with 2 scoops in about 20oz of water to get the BCAA dosage up to 8g. Never had an issue with mixability. I received the America flavor and didn't get any fireworks or freedom feelings! In all seriousness the taste is as you expect a "bomb pop" clone but tasted for like a fruit punch/ lemonade concoction to me. I wasn't the biggest fan but I've had worse.

Effectiveness for a BCAA product is a tricky one to judge just like protein powder for me. Taking into consideration my sleep habits, steady caloric intake, and stress level of my job it's difficult to judge if any BCAA product truly helps with recovery. The science is in the research though so as supplement users we trust it. I can say I notice a difference when I was drinking Amino-Tone intra workout compared to just water, if it's placebo or not is debatable. I did notice a change in my hydration around my workout. I usually drink between a 1/2 and 3/4 of a gallon during my workout alone and didn't find myself craving water as much after as I usually did. My endurance is always consistent and I keep a high motor when working out so that didn't seem effected for me. I noticed nothing from the stim free fat loss complex.

Amazon has the cheapest price at $23.77 ($0.79 per serving) before shipping. This is fair value being you do get 4g of BCAA per serving. However I wouldn't be willing to pay more.

Conclusion

I've had nothing but positive experiences with RCSS supplements, but Amino-Tone didn't live up to expectations for me. Perhaps I expect too much like no prop blends in profiles and to use the best of ingrediants such as forskolin. This wasn't the worst intra workout or BCAA product i've tried by any means but not close to the best either.
  • Property Blend
  • America: 6/10
ttcomaha
  August 22, 2016

Thanks to Ronnie Coleman Signature Series for sending it out!

As always, thank you to the SR TROOPS program and the participating sponsors. This time around, I got my hands on RCSS's Amino-Tone, a BCAA product to keep hydration in check while aiding in endurance and recovery. Though this specific product didn't really stand out from the rest, it was enjoyable and much appreciated! Here goes

Ingredient Profilee

With almost 30 reviews up on SR, there's tons of input on the profile. In all, the formula is pretty straightforward and exactly what you'd expect from an amino product. Amino-Tone has the BCAA ratio at 2:1:1 and includes a couple of blends that aid hydration and fat-loss. I do like to see Astragin on the label as well!
(profile posted below)

AMERICA! A fun flavor that's definitely an eye catcher! It's supposed to taste like bomb pops, a nostalgic flavor that never gets old. This actually tastes more like a limeade type deal, but still pleasant to take. I did notice quite a bit of grit after mixing, almost like that swirl of glitter in fancy liquor.. Not absolutely unbearable, but pretty sandy. Dosing was fine. I took Amino-Tone first intra-, then later only post- after a couple of weeks.

As usual with my workouts, I stay properly hydrated. This aspect was unaffected while taking this BCAA. My endurance was however better intra-, as muscle fatigue was noticeably delayed. My recovery was also increased as two day breaks become one, and one day breaks disappeared! Unfortunately this isn't an outstanding feature as I experience this with every other BCAA product I've taken. I did not notice any thermo effect that is being mentioned in some of the other reviews. Weight was unchanged from before, and if anything, increased (likely water weight). Thankfully, this was tasty, thus more than easy to take.

Amazon has this listed at $23.77, but I believe the average is around $30. At just about $1 per serving, the value is up to you. If BCAA's are a staple for you, I'd look for another product. If this is just something to treat yourself for a month, it's not a bad value. Overtime, for what BCAA's are worth, try something cheaper.

Side Effects

No sides.

Conclusion

In all, I have to say this product is essentially mediocre, but nonetheless decent. The effectiveness is that of any other solid amino, but that's it (plus a bit of Astragin). The value is competitively priced. Though mixability is a bit shoddy, the taste is still there and makes for a great treat for a sweet tooth! I would recommend to try, but maybe not to keep around.
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Increased Recovery
  • Taste
  • Boost Of Endurance
Wis3guy
TROOPer Level: 45
  August 8, 2016

Thanks to Ronnie Coleman Signature Series for sending it out!

Hello again, I am still a 44 year old long time trainer. I train with weights, I train cardio. I am still loosing weight and looked to use this product to help me in that endeavor when water just doesn't cut it. Thanks to the SRtrooper program and to RCSS for allowing me to try this product.

This is a standard 2 to 1 ratio of BCAA's some people like more than the 5 gram dose I say you could double it if you want. Some like more Leucine, go ahead and add it. I think its fine for my use. So on to the "Tone" part of this product which is why I think it's interesting anyway.

First we have the (Intra-Training Performance and Hydration complex). Which is some L-Taurine, and some salts including Hica(Alpha-Hydroxy-Leucine calcium salt). What I was looking for was help in completing my workouts whether cardio or weights without loosing performance due to dehydration. As I was running outside in the heat this was important. Now since this is in a proprietary blend I am not sure on amounts but I will talk about effectiveness below.

Second add on is the (Stim-Free fat loss support complex). Well since I have been back on Stims, I figured this couldn't hurt. This is a pretty straight forward addition in terms of ingredients. Nothing I haven't seen before, and once again I can't verify dosage due to the blend. So I will discuss how it went with my training below.

Lastly Mr. Coleman added some AstraGIn in a nice dose of 25mg. I will assume most of us know that this helps the absorption of certain ingredients. This has 25mg of Astragin, and I found that 50mg is the recommended dose. However I know that most of us use other products that have this in them as well so not a big deal to me.

Well hello America! I wanted to try a new flavor and I can say I haven't tried America before. Some of the other guys have said it tastes like a bomb pop, I am not sure since I don't eat those things. I thought it kinda tasted cotton candy sweet tartish thingy. Overall I liked it. If you used to little water it was a little sweet, but since I was using this to flavor my water intake that wasn't a problem.

Mixability was really good. I used up to 20oz of water and as little as 6 and had no issues in my shaker cup. I use one with the shaker ball and although the instructions say there can be foaming I didn't have a problem. I didn't notice any real settling of product, however I like to remind people that I generally shake the cup a couple times before I drink anyway so it really doesn't have time to.

Dosing is also pretty simple. Take one scoop whenever you feel like it. I used this 1 to 2 times a day. I like the versatility of this dosage as well. If you want more BCAA's just 2 scoop this bad boy. If your like me and just need a little stick with one.

For me this was an effective product. Does it have everything a post workout or intra workout has. Probably not. However if you are using it to get a little more out of your day, or simply to add flavor to water to keep yourself hydrated it just works. I found that when I used this before my morning runs they went better. I felt better during and after the run. When I used this in the afternoon as a tasty drink, it delivered just that, a tasty drink. I also used this intra workout for lifting a few times. It performed well for me there as well. Because I am trying to cut weight I liked the fact that I could get something into me that wouldn't be full of wasted calories and could actually help with the added weight loss ingredients.

I think the value of this is right on point. $28.99 on BodyBuilding.com and $29.99 at tigerfitness.com as of 8/8/2016 for 30 servings. So right around a dollar per serving, but wait hold the phone, BodyBuilding.com has a 90 serving container for $69.99 or for those of you who hate math 78 cents a serving. Well worth having a jug of this on the container.

Side Effects

I had no negative side effects on this product. I did find it helped my workouts which makes me a happy camper.

Conclusion

All in all I would say this is a product that can fit into anybody's workout supplementation. I think for me I will use it while cutting as it gives me a sweet treat to have without the guilt of the empty ColdStone Ice cream cup in my hands. If you buy it on sale or get the 90 serving container I don't see how you couldn't make this fit into your rotation. So go ahead and order a little "America" and help keep yourself hydrated and strong.
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Boost Of Endurance
  • Taste
  • Property Blend
Chuntz
TROOPer Level: 34
  July 29, 2016

Thanks to Ronnie Coleman Signature Series for sending it out!

Huge shoutout to the big man Ronnie himself and the RCSS for the opportunity to review this product! I've been waiting to try one of his supplements and was pretty pleased with his amino tone. I went with the America flavor, because how could you not?

Amino Tone has a 2:1:1 ratio (5,000mg)
Leucine - 2,500mg
Isoleucine - 1,250mg
Valine - 1,250mg

Along with this you also get a stim-free fat loss support complex in a blend of 3,180mg. I was really interested to see this come up in the ingredient profile and was eager to size up it's effects. Other than that I would just like to note that there is 1g of carbs per serving, just something to be mindful of. I was just coming off of keto so it was habit to watch all my intakes.

Taste
So everyone said these tasted like bomb pops, also known to some as "firecrackers." Personally I was never really a fan of these but I wanted to take a break from blue raspberry. The taste was by no means bad, but it also was not my favorite. I felt it had more of a lemon-lime taste to it than anything else, kind of similar to Gatorade.

Mixability
I never had a problem with any foaming, it generally mixed very well. I did find very slight residue at the bottom of my shakers and water jugs though, very minimal.

I used this as an intra on workout days. On non-workout days I threw two scoops into my 3L Poland Spring water jug and carried it around all day with me. I go through two jugs a day so I normally used my first jug with the amino tone and my second just plain water.

I feel the effect most noticeable in this is the recovery. Between using it as an intra and daily consumption I still had minor soreness but not as much as when I'm not on an intra. It definitely aided in keeping me more hydrated throughout the day as well, which can also be a factor in less muscle soreness. As far as the weight management goes, there was nothing noticeable. Some people noted that they had increased perspiration while on this, but I already drip in the gym so I didn't notice any difference.

You can pick this up on Amazon for $23.77 at the moment which comes out to $0.79 a serving. Not too bad at all.

Side Effects

None to note.

Conclusion

I would pick this up again either in the blue razz or cherry limeade flavor. For the aid in recovery and hydration levels, it's better than decent. If they revamped this a little bit to improve the weightloss effect, I think that would be awesome. Then you could stack it with a thermo for increased effects.
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Increased Hydration
  • Increased Recovery
  • No Thermo Effect
  • Thermo Effect Could Be Better
pancow
TROOPer Level: 67
  July 24, 2016

Thanks to Ronnie Coleman Signature Series for sending it out!

Hello SR. Here to review an amino acid supplement with extra benefits. First I would like to thank the RCSS team for sending the supplement out for review, and the SR TROOPs program for making the connection possible. This was a pretty nice working amino acid supplement that I used pre workout to help keep my muscles from fatiguing too quickly.

Others have already went in pretty good detail with ingredients so I'll just hit them briefly to spare us the repeats. You get 5g's of BCAAs in a 2:1:1 ration, leucine being the most abundant BCAA of course. But these aminos are InstAminos, which helps them dissolve better in water for mixability purposes. Not sure if their potency is any stronger though than regular aminos. You also get an intra-training complex that contains various ingredients to support muscle fatigue reduction, recovery, and hydration. L-Taurine and HICA are a couple of these ingredients. Then you have the stim-free weight loss complex coming in with alanine, raspberry ketones, choline bitartrate, and inositol. I'll just note that I'm not to thrilled seeing raspberry ketones in this.

I got the America flavor which tasted like those bomb pops that ice cream trucks sell. Needless to say it tasted amazing for a supplement, but did have a slight aftertaste.

Mixing was perfect with water since it is InstAminos. Had no issues with flakes or grittiness.

Dosing was either one scoop pre workout or adding another scoop later in the day. Basically it's whatever suits your needs for nutrient intake and recovery.

Taking this prior to training helped me push through workouts a little longer and muscle recovery seemed to drop slightly. I'm not saying it was magical or anything, but for being a BCAA supplement I could tell it was doing some good for me. Fat loss wise I'm not really sure because I didn't focus on that since I was in a bulk, but with a proper diet I'm sure you could lose fat while using this lol all-in-all I trained beyond normal lifting fatigue and felt pretty good come morning time.

I found this being sold for $26.99, which really isn't too bad since there are 30 servings making it less than $1.00 being spent each use. Could be expensive if you take a lot of scoops per day, but usually one, maybe 2 should be good enough. I see other plain old BCAA supplements going for almost $10 more, so I think you get the bang for the buck.

Side Effects

No side effects

Conclusion

I felt that Amino Tone helped me with recovery and reduced training fatigue, so I would recommend this to anybody looking for a new one to try. Possibly could go well with a fat burner supplement also. If anything it's one of the best tasting BCAAs I've had to help me keep drinking water.
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Increased Hydration
  • Boost Of Endurance
  • Increased Recovery
  • Taste
  • Interesting Ingredients
  • Decreased Lactic Acid Burn
  • Thermo Not Needed
  • Proprietary Blends
  • America: 9/10