4 Gauge Pre Workout Reviews

By: Roar Ambition

Overall
Overall
6.3
Thanks to Roar Ambition for sending it out!

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Gastrointestinal Sides

First off I would like to thank Roar Ambition for giving me the opportunity to try this product.

4 gauge is a pre workout from Roar Ambition that claims to be all natural and provides with a non proprietary blend formula. Its 4 in 1 formula is claimed to help you with Power, Focus, Stamina, and Pump. Extremely promising hopes from this pre workout.

I would also like to state that as we all may know, all supplements react different to each and every one of us. Results may vary.

I am a 34 year old male at around 206lbs. I lift around 5x's per week and I am pretty set on the schedule I work. My routine does not change a whole lot as with the times I hit the gym. I decided to try 4 gauge because, I am always interested in trying new products with positive claims. For the duration of the product, I consumed as directed.

4 Gauge has a pretty good ingredient profile. The ingredients listed are those that are proven time and time again to deliver good results in workouts.
The following is the list of ingredients per one (1) scoop:
L-Citrilline Di Malate 6000mg (This is your pump ingredient and a pretty decent dose)
Creating Monohydrate 1000mg
Acetyl L-Carnitine 500MG (This will help you reduce muscle damage and fatigue)
Red Beet Root Extract 300MG (Nitric Oxide Booster and performance enhancer)
Coconut Water Powder 300MG (Hydration)
L-Theanine 200MG (Will help with your focus during grueling routines)
Caffeine Anhydrous 150MG (Gives you that boost)
Rhodiola Rosea 100MG (Has been shown to fight fatigue, depression, and boosting cognitive function)

The flavor that was included was Fruit Blast. It was a strong flavor that had a definite Coconut flavor with fruit punch added in. In my opinion, it was a pretty good flavor. There was a slight aftertaste of sourness in it as well. All was manageable.

Using a typical 20 ounce shaker bottle, I mixed the product as instructed on the label. It mixed well with no clumps in the shaker at either begging or end of drinking.

Dosing states that you should mix 2 level scoops 20-30 minutes prior to training. Once tolerance is assess, an additional 2 can be added for more energy. so from the ingredient profile standpoint your getting double the doses.

6.3/10
The product, when taken as directed, worked surprisingly well. I was not wired during my workouts and I did have a good pump going. My veins were noticeable from the first warm up set I completed. Energy was on point and I was able to go into the gym and not crash afterwards. Clean focus is all that I took out of this product. The only downside to the effectiveness is that it says its perfectly safe to take up to 4 scoops. To me that seems a little excessive as far as that goes. I could not honestly go any higher on the score I gave it due to the fact that I did have to discontinue use because of some of the non main ingredients in the product. I will explain this in the side effect section of the review.

The only place I was able to find 4 gauge at the moment was from their own website. It was around 45 dollars which is a little over $2.00 per serving. While this may seem a little pricey, it isn't completely a deal breaker.

Side Effects

This part of the review pains me to think about it. In the evening after my first dose of taking 4 gauge, I started to have stomach issues. Initially I played it off as my wife's cooking (she tried a new dinner). The stomach issues did not go away after I went to the bathroom. I lay in bed all night bloated and extremely gassy.
Day 2: I again took my dose and went to the gym. The workout was great. In my office all day I had bad gas, I still could not figure out what was going on. I again thought the protein shakes and broccoli were just disagreeing with me for some reason.

Day 3: Again, same gym routine with no issue. Gassy day at work followed by same issues at home. That evening, I could not even lay on my side. It felt like when I did my stomach was going to blow up. My wife, bless her soul, had to deal with my bad side effect all night as I struggled to figure out how to survive the night in one piece.
I finally looked further into the ingredients as by now, I noticed I have not had any negative issues with any supplement before. I checked out the "other" ingredient profile. I then found the culprit. Sugar alcohol Erythritol and Xylitol were listed as some of the ingredients in the mix. These ingredients are found in many Sugar Free snacks and products that are in the market. The side effects of these ingredients are extreme gastrointestinal discomfort and sometimes diarrhea.

Conclusion

overall 6.0/10
I feel bad about having to give this promising product a lower score. It delivered in the areas that it claimed and I had energy and the focus I need in a pre workout. The negative however, outweighed the positive and for that I could not even continue to take the product. Now as I have said before, results are not typical to everyone. I just happened to be the unlucky person who apparently is extremely sensitive to sugar alcohols.

• bctuthill
    July 20, 2018

Nice explanation about what happened to you. Bummer when sides prevent you from finishing something. A couple of things...
    - That's CRAZY to me they would say you can take up to 4 scoops once you assess your tolerance. That would be 24G of Citrulline and 600MG of caffeine. That sounds like a terrible idea/combination.
    - I'm surprised the sugar alcohols aren't listed in the top part of the label...
    - This looked like it was sweetened with Swerve which is what stopped me from opting to claim it. I've only had it in one other product which I ultimately had to describe the taste as bile-like for. I'm at least glad to hear that wasn't the case with this one, but it might explain the bitter aftertaste.

• basorre
    July 20, 2018

Yeah I think it should be in the main part or at least say "sugar free" somewhere. Lesson learned for sure. And I really am disappointed I could not handle it because it was decent for sure.

• Xcmiler
    July 20, 2018

@bctuthill 4 scoops would be 12g of citrulline malate and 300 mg of caffeine. Each serving is two scoops.

• DaSlaya
    July 20, 2018

That sucks bro but nice review. Luckily I have had no issues with this and I agree it works pretty well with just one serving (2 scoops).

• bctuthill
    July 20, 2018

@xcmiler- you're right. It said 1 scoop for 6g in the review, but it's 2 scoops on the label. Also 300mg caffeine. I stand corrected.

• basorre
    July 20, 2018

Apologies on that error guys