6.1

(Better than 0% in Pre-Workout > Stimulant)

4 Gauge Pre Workout is a Pre-Workout manufactured by Roar Ambition. It is designed to help provide a pre-training advantage by increasing mental focus, muscle performance, endurance and blood flow. This creates an environment optimal for increasing muscle mass and losing body fat.

5.2
4.8
  September 10, 2018

• Lacks Focus

Huge shoutout to SR and 4 Gauge for allowing me the opportunity to try the 4 Gauge Pre-Workout! As you can tell from all the reviews I have posted, I'm in love with taking pre's so I'm always looking for a new one to try to see if I can find the next "bigger and better" thing. When I first saw the tub for $ Gauge, I said that's the one!

150mg of caffeine anhydrous
    200mg of L-Theanine to help keep you energized.
    1000mg of creatine monohydrate
    6000mg of L-Citrulline DL-Malate
    300mg of Red Beet to help with the pumps
    100mg of Rhodiola Rosea to help you focus
    500mg of Acetyl-L-Carnitine
    300mg of Coconut Water to help with hydration

Simple ingredient profile, and fully disclosed. No prop blends!! I do not need a label with 50 ingredients on it, I just want it to work. At the end of the day, that's what all of us want.

Serving Size is 2 level scoops about 20-30 minutes before your workout. You can take up to 3-4 scoops if needed. Mixability was pretty good. It seemed to dissolve pretty well with little to no waste left in the cup. Fruit Blast is the only flavor for 4 Gauge. I'm not really sure of a good way to describe it. It had a good flavor, but a little tarty.

When seeing the tub and after readings the claims, I was extremely pumped (no pun intended) to take 4 Gauge. I never took more than the 2 scoops, but I would take it about 20 minutes before I left to the gym. After getting the gym, I felt just a slight increase in energy at best. My pumps did not increase any more than normal. My endurance did not increase nor did the amount of weight I was pushing. Needless to say, I was extremely disappointed with how it worked for me.

At $45 for a just a sub-par pre, that's too steep for me. Especially with only 20 servings. If it was one of my top pre's of all time, I'd say it would be worth it.

Side Effects

I experienced no side effects while taking this.

Conclusion

In conclusion, I was not very impressed by 4 Gauge when comparing my results to its claims. I know everyone reacts to things differently, so maybe it might work for you. However, I would not buy at the regular price of $45, I'd wait to look for cheaper. If this does work for someone, I'd like to know what other pre's they like as well so I could compare them to my personal list I like. Just curious!

Advertisement:
    Members don't see ads: Join SR for Free

Overall
    Overall
    5.5
    6.3
      September 3, 2018

• Low Key Energy
    • Low Creatine Dosage
    • Lacks Focus

Big thanks to Roar Ambition for giving me the opportunity to review 4 Gauge Pre-Workout. The first time I heard of Roar Ambition was on the TROOP Program when they posted 4 Gauge Pre-Workout. I'm always looking to try/support companies I've never heard of before.... so I decided to claim 4 Gauge and give it a try.

Roar Ambition considers this a 4-1 Pre-Workout - hence the name (4 Gauge)
    1. Explosive Power
    2. Laser Focus
    3. Extended Stamina
    4. Incredible Muscle Pumps

The ingredient profile features 8 main ingredients on a transparent label. Per serving there is a total of "14g" of ingredients divided into 2 scoops. There is 5 calories and 4g of Total Carbohydrates which seems to come from sugar alcohols. Next there is 10mg Potassium, 20mg Sodium, 30mg Calcium to round out the basic profile.

Main Ingredients
    6000 mg L-Citrulline DI-Malate: Pumps/Vasodilator - Solid dosage
    1000 mg Creatine Monohydrate: Energy Output/Muscle Building - Low dosage. Either add more Creatine Monohydrate or get rid of it all together.
    500 mg Acetyl L-Carnitine: Cognitive Function/Focus - Low dosage
    300 mg Red Beet Root Extract: Pumps/Endurance
    300 mg Coconut Water Powder: Hydration
    200 mg L-Theanine: Works in conjunction with Caffeine - Energy
    150 mg Caffeine Anhydrous: Energy - Lower end of dosage
    100 mg Rhodiola Root Extract: Aids with Fatigue

A nice solid list of ingredients however some could stay or go depending on the dosages. For example Creatine Monohydrate is dosed at 1000mg which is hardly a benefit. They should change the dosage or change the creatine source. Looking at the other ingredients its disappointing to see sugar alcohols used as many people may have health issues with it. Also there is no need to take 3 to 4 scoops level scoops if you built up tolerance as noted on the container. If a container notes that you can use that many scoops then something isn't right with the formula IE dosages.

Taste - 4 Gauge comes in only one flavor which is fruit blast. It definitely took some time to get used to, it had a very sour/tart cherry flavor. Overall I would give the flavor a 6/10.

Mixability - The mixability was just meh for me... there was usually always some kind of settlement. I'm guessing the settlement was from the monohydrate? Anyways it really never dissolved. There were no other issues in regard to clumping, etc.

Dosing - I mixed one scoop with 6-8 oz of water 20 min before training. As noted in the ingredient section, its noted you can take 3-4 scoops if tolerance is built. To me that means ingredients are dosed too low.

In terms of effectiveness I'll use the 4 in 1 formula claims from the Roar Ambition website.

Explosive Power 6/10 - This formula is comparable to many other pre-workouts in this area. There wasn't a dramatic increase in power output however there was a slight increase.

Laser Focus 3/10 - Very little added if anything to my focus during my training sessions. There was not enough added in the ingredient section to increase my focus. So I'd say this is the lowest rated area of the 4 claims.

Extended Stamina 6/10 - I did notice an increase with my overall endurance/performance during training. Training sessions were shortened because of less rest time between sets. I didn't feel as physically tired at the end of training compared to not taking 4 Gauge. I have a high stim tolerance so there was a slight increase with energy - thats not a knock on 4 Gauge.

Incredible Muscle Pumps 7/10 = I wouldn't say it was incredible but it was the best area of this formula. The 6g of Citrulline Malate & Red Beet Root Extract definitely helped with that. There were areas on my body where veins weren't showing as much and had that muscle balloon effect during/after training. Those pumps actually stayed on for quite a while after training.

The only value I could find was on the Roar Ambition website. They offer different packages to include:
    1 Round- $45 or $2.25 per serving (20 servings)
    2 Rounds - $90 or $2.25 per serving
    3 Rounds + 1 Round - $135 or $1.69 per serving

Anyway you look at it these prices are way to high for a pre-workout that was just meh with effectiveness. You can find significantly cheaper pre-workout formulas (Whole price/serving price) that are more effective than 4 Gauge. In my opinion 4 Guage should be priced to around $25 for 20 servings.

Side Effects

Conclusion

In conclusion Roar Ambition 4 Gauge Pre-Workout was just a meh formula to me. It has potential however there it's overpriced and some ingredients are dosed was too low. I'd like to see some added ingredients for focus enhancement. The price point is just way to high with cheaper more effective pre-workouts on the market. I'd like to thank Roar Ambition for participating in the SR TROOP Program.
    • Fruit Bast: 6/10

Advertisement:
    Members don't see ads: Join SR for Free

August 20, 2018

• Above Average Pumps
    • Low Key Energy

A decent low stim PWO that provides you with some nice pumps. The taste gets a little getting used too, and the price is too steep in my opinion. If you do not mind paying extra for an all natural low stim PWO, then I do recommend this.

38 years old and lift four days a week, while still recovering to total reconstructive surgery to my left ankle. I like to give my body a break every now and again and try out a low stim PWO. I had also noticed that I have been more sensitive to higher stim PWOs since my surgery in March. Once I saw that Roar Ambition had purchased this site, and put some of their products up for grabs on the TROOPer program, I definitely had to check them out. Big thank you to the TROOPer program and Roar Ambition for their participation here. Let us see how their low stim PWO did for me.

Fully disclosed label which is always appreciate, and almost mandatory for me at my age when it comes to a PWO. I have to know what exactly I am putting into my body. I will quickly go over each ingredient. Each dosage is based off of one serving which is 2 scoops.

Citrulline Di-Malate (6000mg): Citrulline is an amino acid that turns into Arginine in the kidneys after supplementation. Citrulline raises NO levels in the body, dosage to enhance sports performance are 6-8g an hour prior to exercise, here we get 6g so well dosed.

Creatine Monohydrate (1000mg): Creatine is among the most well-researched and effective supplements. It can help with exercise performance by rapidly producing energy during activity. Creatine may also provide cognitive benefits. This is your standard "cheap" version of Creatine, and its a real low dose. At my size (6'2" 240lbs) I require around 8g a day, so this does not do much. Personally I think this is unnecessary here are this dose, and could be removed or upped to at least 5g.

Acetyl L-Carnitine (As Acetyl L-Carnitine HCI) (500mg): L-Carnitine is involved in energy metabolism and mitochondrial protection. It is made in the body, but can also be consumed through food. Supplementation of L-carnitine does not burn fat unless the individual is deficient in L-carnitine. The standard dose for L-carnitine is between 500-2,000mg, so we hit the minimum dose here.

Red Beet (Beta Vulgaris) Root Extract (300mg): This is said to improve physical performance secondary to nitric oxide. It appears to have some evidence for this claim in healthy athletes. Unsure on accurate dosing here as it depends on the nitrate content and your weight. This is a newer ingredient for me.

Coconut Water Powder (300mg): Coconut water is rich in carbohydrates and electrolytes such as potassium, sodium, and magnesium. This is a nice aid to have for hydration, and there are no recommended dosages at this time.

Theanine (200mg): L-Theanine is a relaxing and nondietary amino acid found pretty much exclusively in teas from Camellia sinensis (alongside green tea catechins and caffeine) and is known to promote relaxation without sedation. It appears to be effective at this as well as reducing stress at standard dosages. 100-200mg alongsided caffeine is the typical dose, so we are covered here.

Caffeine Anhydrous (150mg): We all know what this is, our energy boost. Typically low stim PWO's have between 100-200mg, so this is a good dose for a low stim PWO.

Rhodiola Rosea (Root) Powder (100mg): Rhodiola rosea is an herb that's popular for its "adaptogenic" properties (reducing fatigue and exhaustion in prolonged stressful situations). Preliminary evidence has also looked at neuroprotection, among other possible benefits. Doses as low as 50mg have been reported to aid in fighting fatigue, so we have a nice dose here.

Its a nice clean profile here, most of the normal actors you would see in any PWO these days. My only real issue here is the Creatine dosage is very low, and needs to either be upped to 5g or removed. Other than that the other doses you get are good, I like it. The other ingredients listed are natural and this PWO does not contain any Wheat, Gluten, Dairy, Soy, or Artificial sweeteners or fillers. So if you are on a strict diet or doing that crazy Keto then this should work for you.

Taste: So this was interesting. I received the Fruit Blast flavor. The best way to describe this was a very sour Cherry Sweet Tart. It took some getting used to at first, but I honestly did not mind it and it was not hard to drink at all. This is not a chuggable PWO really, as its a bit too tart for that. Good enough for a naturally flavored product.

Mixability: This mixed easily with no issues. I always mixed this with around 8-10oz of water to dilute the sourness a bit. It did not leave any residue or stain my shaker.

Dosing: I stuck with the recommended dosing of 2 scoops (1 dose) around 30 minutes before my workout. I thought I would try out 3 scoops (1.5 servings) but really there was no need.

I have tried low stim PWO's in the past with some success, most recently Block Buster by MAN Sports which contained 180mg. I had a good run with that so that was my gauge against 4 Gauge (see what I did there). The best way to describe my experience here is to break this down by Energy, Pump, and Endurance.

Energy: This will not give you that kick in the pants energy boost to make you run to the gym, but instead it was a very steady energy boost. What I mean by that is once I started to work out, I would be awake and have some nice low-key energy. I honestly was not expecting much from this, but it surprised me here.

Pump: As you can see with other reviews, and I agree, the pump you get from this is above average. This was not the best pump I have every experienced, but I got a decent pump each and every workout. My workouts vary week to week by rep range, so on my hypertrophy weeks (12-15 rep and 9-11 rep days) the pumps would be the best. On my lower rep days (3-5, 6-8 reps) I still would have a nice pump, but not quite as full as doing higher reps of course. The pumps were not so much where they hurt, but I enjoyed seeing them in the gym mirrors. The pump would last an hour or so after my workout as well, which I really enjoyed on bicep days.

Endurance: My workouts range from 60-90 minutes depending on the day. On the first 18 doses of this I had plenty of energy at the tail end of my workouts and experienced no crash or anything like that. I was real surprised. For some reason on the last two doses (doses 19 and 20) the energy wore off around the 60 minute mark on me. I am not sure why, likely my body was adjusting to this, but keep this in mind if you plan to run this for more than 20 doses.

So yeah this surprised me and I had a pretty nice experience here. Comparing this with Block Buster this was slightly better in my opinion. The motto of 4 Gauge is to Load up your Guns, and with the pump ingredients in here it sure does. Good stuff.

The only place I could find to purchase this is from Roar Ambition themselves. You can save money by buying in bulk, but for one container (20 servings) it is $45 which comes out to $2.25 a serving. This is a bit steep in my opinion as I like my PWOs to be in the $1-1.50 range personally. This is the biggest downfall of the product, as its competitors that are on par here with good Low Stim PWOs are a bit cheaper. I will stick with a 6 here based on the fact that I do couple value with effectiveness. This did a nice job for me, so if I had the money to burn or this was on sale I would buy it again. You can check out the page here for all the deals if you buy in bulk:

Side Effects

Each and every dose this would cause my to visit the bathroom which surprised me with such a low caffeine content. For my body, caffeine always causes me to have to go to the bathroom, but this was much more violent and explosive experience every time than say a cup of coffee. I really don't think my body likes the natural ingredients, but whatever it was my body got rid of every time. No issues otherwise.

Conclusion

For a low stim PWO, 4 Gauge worked very well for me. As I get older I try to stay away from too many exotic stims and supplements, so this did a nice job with a clean profile. The price kind of kills the product, and your experience will vary when it comes to sides. If you can afford this, I do recommend giving it a try if your in the market for a low stim PWO. Apparently you only need 4 of the 12 gauges (shotgun reference) to get pumped in the gym. Thanks again for the run.
    • Fruit Bast: 6/10

Overall
    Overall
    5.8
    6.9
    4.8
      August 8, 2018

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Better Focus
    • Naturally Sweetened
    • Increased Stamina
    • Clumped Like Cement
    • Felt More Like A Pump Product Than A True Pre

This product gives you a pump and barely gives an energy boost

I have never heard of roar nutrition before it became available to the troopers. I am a stim junkie and always look for the strongest preworkouts but sometimes I take lower stim products to let my body heal itself. I figured this would be a great product to try so I can take a break from high stim preworkouts.

L-Citrilline Di Malate 6000mg - This is a pump ingredient)
    Creating Monohydrate 1000mg (can help increase mass
    Acetyl L-Carnitine 500MG - This can help you reduce muscle damage and fatigue
    Red Beet Root Extract 300MG - Nitric Oxide Booster and performance enhancer. Is sometimes used in pump products
    Coconut Water Powder 300MG - help with hydration
    L-Theanine 200MG - Will help with your focus during your workout
    Caffeine Anhydrous 150MG - great for an energy boost
    Rhodiola Rosea 100MG - Has been used to against fatigue, depression, and boosting cognitive function

I like how they use a full disclosure blend for this product. They use everything at the right dosage for me but these ingredients look like it will mainly be for pumps. I'm glad it doesn't have beta alanine in it since it's in almost every preworkout and I dont notice anything on performance with it. It just gives me tingles so not seeing it for once made me happy. It has no artificial sweeteners in it which might seem good but after tasting it I see why everyone uses artificial sweeteners in preworkouts.

It only comes in fruit blast. The taste is disgusting at first but when I got used to it I didnt mind it. I had no problem drinking it after my third time trying it. It has a weird sour flavor that is hard to describe for me.

I had no mixability problems. Just a few shakes and I was done. The powder clumps in the container really bad and I had to get a metal spoon to unclump the stuff. I had to do that everytime I took this product.

I would take two scoops which is one serving 30 minutes before my workout.

The main thing I noticed off of this product was the pumps. It's not big pumps but it's the main thing I noticed. It left my muscles feeling full and hard but not too much. I got very little energy. It was enough where if I was tired I would be motivated to push myself. It did help me get an extra rep in on my workouts. I didnt set any records while using this. While doing cardio it didn't really help much. I was doing the same amount for the same time while on this. I did take shorter breaks while running though but other than that I have nothing to say for cardio. I felt more focused on my workouts. I was not distracted too much about what was going on outside of what I was doing in the gym.
    Overall I was able to get an extra rep in but no more than 1 or 2. I was not able to go heavier on the weights. I did enjoy this product but not too much.

The only place that sells this is the roar nutrition website and it cost $45 for 20 servings which is $2.25 a serving. That I way too much money for a product like this. If it worked really good I would consider this price but for me I would not buy it unless it was on discount.

Side Effects

Conclusion

I think this is more a good pump product than a preworkout. I feel like this is a pump product that gave a slight energy boost. I would recommend this to someone with extra money to spend and looking for a pump product but also needs a little extra energy for their workout. It's not a bad product but just cost too much for me to buy it again.
    • Fruit Bast: 5/10

5.5
      August 6, 2018

• Okay Pumps
    • Naturally Sweetened
    • Low Creatine Dosage
    • Lacks Focus

I had never heard of Roar Nutrition or their product line until it came on the Trooper Program. After looking at their product the line, the pre workout intrigued me due to high l-citrulline Dl-malate and lower caffeine amount. Here is the review.

4 Gauge comes in a small thin tub that is shaped like a shotgun shell. Each bottle contains 20 14g servings and two scoops is a serving. Each serving of two scoops contains 5 calories and 4g of carbohydrates. It appears that the carbohydrates are from the dextrose and sugar alcohols in the product. After these, you have the ingredients that you traditionally see in a preworkout. The first is 6g of l-citrulline Dl-malate, which is for muscle pumps and can aide with endurance due to the malate. This is a great dosage for this ingredient. Next, you have 1g of creatine monohydrate, which can aid in power output, muscle building, and endurance. However, the dose in this product is much too low unless you are 75 pounds. Even if you were to already be saturated with creatine, I do not see 1g maintaining that saturation. I would have rather of seen 3-5g of creatine monohydrate in this product. Alternatively, a different form like creatine HCL could have been used. Following this, you have acetyl l-carnitine at 500 mg, which can help with focus. Then you have 300 mg of red beet root extract to aide with pumps and then 300 mg of coconut water powder for hydration. After these you have 200 mg of l-theanine, which can aid with energy. I also noticed that it will almost blunt caffeine and make it more level and steady in terms of the energy it provides. Next, you have 150 mg of caffeine, which is a good dosage. I personally like lower caffeine amounts but this is on the low end of what I like 120-275 mg. Lastly, you have rhodiola rosea powder at 100 mg and this can aide with fatigue when taken over a long period of time.

Overall, I liked the ingredient profile. My only concern is the low dosage of creatine monohydrate. It really should be more or I would have preferred they just not have it and add another ingredient instead. I would not mind the creatine be replaced with l-tyrosine or NALT for focus. I will note here that this is naturally sweetened and uses NO artificial sweeteners but does contain sugar alcohols. I personally do not have issues with sugar alcohols but some people can have GI issues from them.

4 Gauge only comes in one flavor and that flavor is fruit blast. When you first open the container you are hit with this fruit punch type smell that is candy and sour at the same time. The sour I believe is from the l-citrulline Dl-malate in the product as when I used to mix my own pre workout from bulk powders the smell was similar. It kind of smelled like tums, thinking about it that is the first thing of think of when smelling the powder. When mixed in water it lost the fruit punch smell and kind of smelled like alka seltzer. I will also note that when mixed it has a yellow tinge to it but is otherwise free of any dyes. When you drink it you get this very muted fruity taste that kind of was like one of those sweet tart candies. That did not really last long and you get hit with this sour taste. After this you are left with this sugar alcohol lingering taste/feel in your mouth. Overall, for a pre workout that does not contain any artificial sweeteners it was not that bad.

In terms of mixability, it mixed okay but there was sediment at the bottom after mixing it with cold water. Some of that sediment never really dissolved and I presume it might be the creatine as that is sometimes difficult to dissolve. As far as dosing goes, I used two scoops before workouts whether they were cardio or weight training. I usually do not do pre workouts before cardio but since this was lower caffeine I decided to use it for that as well.

I decided to rate this based on the claims made on the pre workouts website. They are power output, extended stamina, muscle pumps and focus. In terms of power output, I felt that this pre workout was consistent with others I have tried. It gave me consistent energy before I worked out, which in turn allowed me push myself. When I workout with no pre workout I notice I just go through the motions and I don't push myself. With this pre workout (and others) I felt that I was able to power through my workouts more effectively. This was very noticeable on days I took this before I ran as I was able to push farther and faster especially with hill workouts. Do note that I do not usually take a pre workout before I run but decided since the caffeine was low I would try it. As far as stamina goes, my stamina remained consistent throughout my run of the product, which was good. I noticed slight improvements in my stamina with running but I don't usually take a preworkout before running. I usually rely on whatever left over energy I have from my pre workout from the gym. As far as increased power output and stamina, I felt that this was an effective product and consistent with results I have had from other high quality pre workouts.

In terms of muscle pumps, I felt that this product was quite good. I noticed they were especially good on days that I did arms or calves. As far as larger muscles goes, I did not notice much above what I usually get in regards to pump. I felt this was on par with other pre workouts but I will say the pumps were good but did not last long. Other pre workouts I have noticed my pumps have lasted longer and I felt fuller throughout the day. With 4 gauge I noticed shortly after leaving the gym my pumps began to significantly dissipate (more so than other pre workouts). As far as focus goes, I felt that this product was lacking. I had more focus than when I just took caffeine but it was just not as good as other pre workouts I have tried. I feel like this should have had l-tyrosine or citicoline. I just found myself some days going through the motions without this helping me focus.

Overall, I felt that this was an effective product for power output and extended stamina. It was also slightly effective for muscle pumps but they did not last long. As far as focus goes, I did not find this that effective.

4 Gauge is only available direct from Roar Nutrition and it goes for $45 per bottle making it $2.25 per serving. Now, keep in mind when ordering one bottle you have to pay shipping of $7.95. You can also order two bottle for $90 and the price per serving remains the same but shipping is free. You can also order three bottles and you will receive one free for $135 making this significantly cheaper than the other options. You are looking at about $33 per bottle and $1.68 per serving. Overall, I feel like this is too expensive. The three bottle then one free option is just too much of a commitment for me. I always look for focus with a pre workout so based on what I experienced there are better and cheaper options. I feel like this should be priced $35-$40 to bring it closer to other pre workout products.

Side Effects

I had no side effects while taking this product.

Conclusion

4 Gauge might be worth a try but it comes at a high price. I felt that 4 gauge was effective for power output and increased stamina. It was somewhat effective for pumps due to them not lasting long and as for focus it was not that effective. It is priced quite high unless you purchase three containers (get one free so 4 in total). In the end, it depends on what you like in a preworkout. Personally, I don't think I would purchase this product after having tried it but I am glad I was able to try it.

-Xcmiler
    • Fruit Bast: 7/10

August 3, 2018

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Great Pumps
    • Better Focus
    • Clumped Like Cement
    • Felt More Like A Pump Product Than A True Pre

This is good as a pump product, but rather average as an all around pre-workout. The difficulties scraping the stuff out of the container also make this a tougher sell for me personally.

What is going on guys? It's time for yet another pre-workout review thanks to the people at Roar Ambition and all our awesome people here at SR. I'm always looking for a new pre-workout and honestly was attracted to this product because of the cool design. Let's get right into the meat of the review shall we?

No prop blends (thank God), so we're off to a good start.

6g of Citrulline Di-Malate: The well-known pump enhancer at a pretty nice dose here. This will help push your pumps to that 'skin shredding' level.

1g of Creatine Monohydrate: The benefits of creatine in power and strength are well documented, however, I'm not sure how much 1g of monohydrate on its own will really do.

500mg of Acetyl L-Carnitine: can play a factor in reducing fatigue/muscle breakdown

300mg of Red Beet Root Extract: another nitric oxide booster to add to the 'pump effect'

300mg of Coconut Water Powder: this offers benefits for hydration

200mg of L-Theanine: aids in focus, but for me personally I wish they had included more of this because I love the tunnel vision sensation.

150mg of Caffeine: This is gonna be the main part of your energy boost, 150mg is about the same as a monster. As an avid coffee drinker, I have a higher caffeine tolerance than most so 150mg will not do a whole lot for me.

100mg of Rhodiola Rosea: This will aid in mental functions and improve overall brain function

Overall it's a solid formula as far as a pump is concerned but I'm missing key ingredients like beta-alanine on this label. Not the best but certainly far from the worst out there.

Taste: Fruit Blast was just not appealing to my taste buds in the slightest. It was a weird combination of sour and coconut that I just couldn't get into. I held my nose and chugged it down every time.

Mixibility: So the actual mixing of the product was pretty standard when using a shaker cup with at least 8-10 ounces of water. I didn't experience any issues there. Where I had problems was getting the product out of the actual container. After I opened the brand new sealed product I found the powder to literally be cemented together to the point where it was un-scoopable. I could NOT get this stuff out with the scooper at all. It was almost rock hard in there. The only way I could break it up into powder form was using a heavy metal knife and spoon over a 10 minute period of scraping and stabbing.

Dosage: I used 1 serving about 15 minutes before I started every workout during this trial.

The product claims to improve power, focus, stamina and pump.

Power:
    I felt like my power improved slightly as a result of this product 'revving me up'. It was nothing significant in the strength department because at the end of the day a pre-workout isn't going to magically make you stronger.

Focus:
    Definitely improved my focus noticeably in the gym, however, it was not tunnel vision. I was surprised at the improvement I noticed in my focus, but It was not as radical a change as with some other pre-workouts.

Stamina:
    Good but far from great. I really believe this product needs to add beta-alanine or maybe even betaine to really improve in this category. I found myself getting fatigued and tired a little bit faster than when I'm supplementing with 3g+ of beta-alanine.

Pump:
    This is by far the best part of the product. My pumps were VERY noticeable every single workout while I used this product. The vascularity was also really really good overall. I felt massive with these pumps and I loved every second of it.

Energy:
    For me personally, the caffeine was just enough to jumpstart my workout and then i really didn't experience much of an energy burst any time after the first 30 mins of my workout. I specifically wish this category was buffed up a bit!

I could only find this product on the companies website for $45 which comes out to a little over $2 per serving. I don't think that this particular formula is worth over $2 per serving especially not with the issues with scooping. I think it should be under the $2 per serving mark as other more well-rounded pre workouts cost around the same.

Side Effects

Conclusion

This is a good but not great pre-workout that felt more like a pump product to me than an all around pre.

6.3
      July 20, 2018

• Gastrointestinal Sides

First off I would like to thank Roar Ambition for giving me the opportunity to try this product.

4 gauge is a pre workout from Roar Ambition that claims to be all natural and provides with a non proprietary blend formula. Its 4 in 1 formula is claimed to help you with Power, Focus, Stamina, and Pump. Extremely promising hopes from this pre workout.

I would also like to state that as we all may know, all supplements react different to each and every one of us. Results may vary.

I am a 34 year old male at around 206lbs. I lift around 5x's per week and I am pretty set on the schedule I work. My routine does not change a whole lot as with the times I hit the gym. I decided to try 4 gauge because, I am always interested in trying new products with positive claims. For the duration of the product, I consumed as directed.

4 Gauge has a pretty good ingredient profile. The ingredients listed are those that are proven time and time again to deliver good results in workouts.
    The following is the list of ingredients per one (1) scoop:
    L-Citrilline Di Malate 6000mg (This is your pump ingredient and a pretty decent dose)
    Creating Monohydrate 1000mg
    Acetyl L-Carnitine 500MG (This will help you reduce muscle damage and fatigue)
    Red Beet Root Extract 300MG (Nitric Oxide Booster and performance enhancer)
    Coconut Water Powder 300MG (Hydration)
    L-Theanine 200MG (Will help with your focus during grueling routines)
    Caffeine Anhydrous 150MG (Gives you that boost)
    Rhodiola Rosea 100MG (Has been shown to fight fatigue, depression, and boosting cognitive function)

The flavor that was included was Fruit Blast. It was a strong flavor that had a definite Coconut flavor with fruit punch added in. In my opinion, it was a pretty good flavor. There was a slight aftertaste of sourness in it as well. All was manageable.

Using a typical 20 ounce shaker bottle, I mixed the product as instructed on the label. It mixed well with no clumps in the shaker at either begging or end of drinking.

Dosing states that you should mix 2 level scoops 20-30 minutes prior to training. Once tolerance is assess, an additional 2 can be added for more energy. so from the ingredient profile standpoint your getting double the doses.

6.3/10
    The product, when taken as directed, worked surprisingly well. I was not wired during my workouts and I did have a good pump going. My veins were noticeable from the first warm up set I completed. Energy was on point and I was able to go into the gym and not crash afterwards. Clean focus is all that I took out of this product. The only downside to the effectiveness is that it says its perfectly safe to take up to 4 scoops. To me that seems a little excessive as far as that goes. I could not honestly go any higher on the score I gave it due to the fact that I did have to discontinue use because of some of the non main ingredients in the product. I will explain this in the side effect section of the review.

The only place I was able to find 4 gauge at the moment was from their own website. It was around 45 dollars which is a little over $2.00 per serving. While this may seem a little pricey, it isn't completely a deal breaker.

Side Effects

This part of the review pains me to think about it. In the evening after my first dose of taking 4 gauge, I started to have stomach issues. Initially I played it off as my wife's cooking (she tried a new dinner). The stomach issues did not go away after I went to the bathroom. I lay in bed all night bloated and extremely gassy.
    Day 2: I again took my dose and went to the gym. The workout was great. In my office all day I had bad gas, I still could not figure out what was going on. I again thought the protein shakes and broccoli were just disagreeing with me for some reason.

Day 3: Again, same gym routine with no issue. Gassy day at work followed by same issues at home. That evening, I could not even lay on my side. It felt like when I did my stomach was going to blow up. My wife, bless her soul, had to deal with my bad side effect all night as I struggled to figure out how to survive the night in one piece.
    I finally looked further into the ingredients as by now, I noticed I have not had any negative issues with any supplement before. I checked out the "other" ingredient profile. I then found the culprit. Sugar alcohol Erythritol and Xylitol were listed as some of the ingredients in the mix. These ingredients are found in many Sugar Free snacks and products that are in the market. The side effects of these ingredients are extreme gastrointestinal discomfort and sometimes diarrhea.

Conclusion

overall 6.0/10
    I feel bad about having to give this promising product a lower score. It delivered in the areas that it claimed and I had energy and the focus I need in a pre workout. The negative however, outweighed the positive and for that I could not even continue to take the product. Now as I have said before, results are not typical to everyone. I just happened to be the unlucky person who apparently is extremely sensitive to sugar alcohols.