Pre Workout Reviews

By: Rhino Rush

Pre Workout is a Pre-Workout manufactured by Rhino Rush. It is designed to help provide a pre-training advantage by increasing mental focus, muscle performance, endurance and blood flow. This creates an environment optimal for increasing muscle mass and losing body fat.
6.9

Overall
Thanks to Rhino Rush for sending it out!
  September 7, 2016

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Good Energy
  • Prop Blend
Shout out and "thanks" to the Rhino Rush reps. I liked their energy shots enough when they came out, so I figured I could give their Pre Workout a try.

INGREDIENT PROFILE: B
The profile itself is good. The ingredient selection is good, and I would only change the "Tri-Creatine Matrix" if I could (just pick one), and really nothing else. The major issue, is that the ingredient profile is still divided up into proprietary blends. I can guess why a company like Rhino Rush would do this, but aside from the "RUSH-RX Igniter" blend, I don't believe there's any real need to use proprietary blends.
The big selling point of Rhino Rush (as far as I can tell) is their claim to being "Ephedra Powered". As most of know, ephedra has been removed from all over the counter supplements. Rhino Rush seems to be trying to get ephedra back in some capacity. As with their energy shots, and they're using a different part of the ephedra plant (or a different plant altogether in some cases) to get it into their supplements. The question I had with the energy shots still remains: is it really as effective? Having used the real stuff (via Primatene and Bronkaid) for my asthma, I kind of have an idea what it feels like. Once again, I'm not convinced this version of ephedra (ephedra viridis) works. I mean, maybe if I had syphilis, cuz that's the first use that popped up when I searched the good ol' intrawebz.
The "ephedra" aside, it really isn't a bad product.

MIXING: B
There's definite settling at the bottom. Not that much, but enough to notice.

TASTE: B
I received the "kiwi strawberry" flavor, and I'm not sure it tasted anything like a kiwi or a strawberry. It wasn't bad, though, and enjoyable to a point.

EFFECTIVENESS: B
As I stated earlier, the ephedra bit aside this is a good product.
Energy, pumps, focus, etc. were all good. Whether I used one scoop or two, I was able to experience enough of each category to determine that: A) It was working, and B) That it was good.
It's just that ephedra part
Typically when I use ephedra, I get all the energy and sweatiness but more importantly my breathing improves noticeably. The energy from Pre Workout can be explained by other ingredients, and even the sweatiness can be explained by the "Meta-Therm Matrix". But my breathing never improved, at all.

VALUE: C
The price is high at $40 for roughly 30 servings. That's higher than some products that are better, but it tanks the value in that I'm not convinced you're getting what you pay for: the ephedra. When you miss on your big selling point (in my opinion), the value goes down.

OVERALL: B
At the end of it all, Rhino Rush's Pre Workout is a good product that works. The major downers, though, are the price and the fact the ephedra seems to be a big dud. If they had removed the ephedra from the equation altogether, than I would look at this product in a better light. However, they have not and you must judge it accordingly.
  • Kiwi Strawberry: 7/10

Overall
Overall
4.2
3.5
Thanks to Rhino Rush for sending it out!
  May 23, 2016

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Taste
  • Stomach Issues
  • Prop Blend

Before I start I want to thank Rhino Rush for giving Troopers the opportunity to log their products. I've never heard of Rhino Rush before, at the time I was looking for a different kind of pre-workout supplement and grabbed this. The big thing going for Rhino Rush Pre-Workout is being ephedra powered. During the duration of this review I was training 5 days a week focusing on strength while on a strict diet.

The big thing going for Rhino Rush is the addition of Ephedra Viridis Leaf. Ephedra viridis is an evergreen Shrub which can be used for treatment of asthma and respiratory problems. However its more known for its stimulant properties in pre-workouts and fat burning supplements. http://www.pfaf.org/user/Plant.aspx?LatinName=Ephedra+viridis

Outside of the use of Ephedra the Ingredient Profile is broken down into 5 different categories. This is a proprietary blend that is hard to gauge whether or not these ingredients are dosed properly. From my experience using Rhino Rush most of the ingredients seem to be under dosed.

Taste - I received the Kiwi Strawberry flavor which tasted pretty good - the best aspect of this product. Overall taste gets a 7/10

Mixability - For the most part I had no issues with mixability. There were some grainy spots but nothing that bothered me. However the use of dyes stained my shaker cup red. Mixability gets a 6/10

Dosing- The dosing protocol says to mix 1 scoop in 4-6oz of water 15-20 min before training. The most I used was 1 1/2 scoops at one time.

In terms of effectiveness I give Rhino Rush a 5/10. There were a few days where the product was just ok and got me through a workout. However most days I didn't feel much other than having stomach issues and using the bathroom. For some reason this really messed up my stomach - my guess is from the yohimbine and ephedra.

I found older versions of Rhino Rush online however the only place I could find the current version is on the Rhino Rush website. On their website they sell 30 serving packages for $39.99 or $1.33 per serving. The price point is high to me for this supplement based on effectiveness and ingredient profile.

Side Effects

Frequent bathroom breaks and stomach issues

Conclusion

In conclusion I don't think Rhino Rush was a good product based on the stomach issues I faced. The prop blend and use of dyes along with a high price point doesn't help its case. More than anything this felt like I was taking a laxative. I wouldn't recommend this product.
  • Kiwi Strawberry: 7/10