Energy Shot Reviews

By: Rhino Rush

Energy Shot is an Energy Supplement manufactured by Rhino Rush. It is designed to improve mental focus and energy.

6.8
Thanks to Rhino Rush for sending it out!
  September 2, 2016

Cons:

I figured these couldn't be terrible, but honestly it took me forever to finish these because I just couldn't find pleasure in taking them. I would use them for fasted cardio in the morning just for the caffeine. Lets begin...

50g of EPHEDRA!!! It's not like the ephedra from back in the day. This is epehdra virdis, which means it does not contain the alkaloid that was banned by the FDA, which makes it legal. Basically it give you a thermo effect. So yes, the bottle says "ephedra powered", but it not the one that was banned.
Besides that, its 200mg of caffeine anhydrous if you take the whole bottle in one sitting. It also contains a prop blend where the last ingrediant listed is yohimbine hcl. Some people cannot tolerate yohimbine, so just be mindful.

I received a variety pack which contained 12 bottles, 4 of each flavor.

Margarita - I'm not a fan of margaritas to begin with so I had a feeling I wouldn't like this. I couldn't even tell you what it tasted like. Yeah, don't really have anything to say for this one. 4/10

Strawberry Kiwi - This was better but still not great, tolerable. I wish the strawberry was a little bit stronger. 6/10

Grape - My favorite one out of the bunch, but I'm also a fan of grape. I could drink a whole thing Dimetapp straight up, which probably sounds disgusting to some of you. It was a little sweet but I'd rather take this one on an empty stomach over the other two any day. 7.5/10

Mixability: Pre-mixed. I would just shake it a little bit before chugging it. Which I recommend, so you can get past the taste.

Dosing: I took a full double shot every time.

As I stated, this was used for fasted cardio. There was definitely an increased thermo effect, but not anything insane as if I was running a fat burner alongside it. It did help pick me up in the morning, which I attribute to the 200mg of caffeine.

I found them for $3.99/shot which I feel is pretty steep. Although, if you order them off of the Rhino Rush website, 10% off every 6-11 you buy and 15% 12+ purchased.

Side Effects

None to note.

Conclusion

All in all, they were..ok. Nothing too terrible but nothing that exciting ether. They did come out with blue raspberry flavor though, which I would honestly love to try because I'm sure it would be the best out of the bunch.

6.3
Thanks to Rhino Rush for sending it out!
  May 20, 2016

Cons:
Like most of you here on SR, I am a caffeine junkie. Whether it's pre-workouts, thermogenics, coffee, energy drinks, energy shots, etc. So when this product became available, I had to jump on it. Especially with the whole "ephedra" claim.

Ingredient Profile:
What got me interested in this was the whole "ephedra" thing. I knew from the get go that it was a scam. The ephedra extract added has all the beneficial alkaloids taken out, so it's pointless.

The 200 mg of caffeine for bottle is nice. Enough for a boost but not an extreme amount. What really might hit you is the yohimbine, since so many people I know are sensitive to it.

Taste/Mixability/Dosing:

I received 12 shots, 4 of each flavor. Can't really comment on mixability, and dosing is either 1/2 a bottle or the whole bottle. I'd recommend taking the whole bottle unless you are super sensitive to stimulants.

Margarita(6.5/10) This was the worst out of the bunch. Hard to explain but it's just not pleasant.

Grape:(7.8/10) This one was more enjoyable. Not something I'd sip on all day, but enjoyable as a quick shot of sweet artificial grape.

Strawberry Kiwi(9/10) This one was the best out of the bunch. This was very smooth and if I had to pick between the 3, I'd pick this every time.

Effectiveness:(8/10)

It would be really hard to mess up an energy shot. Throw in some caffeine and make it taste good and you're done. Rhino Rush added some extras to make it a bit more effective, which is why if I went into any gas station and was looking for an energy shot, I'd pick this one. It's not something to stock up on, if I needed something for my 1.5 hour commute to work in the morning though, I'd probably get this.

I actually used this on an empty stomach during my cut and the effect from the yohimbine and caffeine helped quite well to aid in thermogenesis. Worked up quite the sweat while using this.

Honestly, though, it's like a quick shot of a weak pre-workout or thermogenic. Nothing to rave about, but good in a pinch.

Value:(6/10)

You can find this at gas stations and online supplement retailers. While they are $4 a shot on their website, I have seen them maybe $1 cheaper down the street. Def. not the cheapest option out there, so I have to mark them down. I wouldn't pay the $20 for a 6 pack of these, that's for sure.

Side Effects:

Anxiety if you are sensitive to stimulants.

Conclusion:

While it is one of the stronger options for energy shots that I have seen, I would not buy a case of these for the price that they are asking. Rhino Rush energy shots will be considered for mornings when I juts need a quick boost and happen to see them at a gas station, or not at all.

October 30, 2013

• Horrid Taste
Special thanks go out to Rhino Rush for sending out a 12 pack of their Rhin Rush Energy Shots.

Let's dive right into this one...

INGREDIENT PROFILE: B

The ingredient profile for Rhino Rush Energy Shots are pretty much typical for energy shots, in my opinion. The only ingredients to stand out to me would be the ephedra extract & yohimbine hcl...yes, ephedra extract.

I tried looking up info on ephedra extract, but couldn't find anything satisfactory. Most search results yielded similar inquiries into ephedra extract, & even more were for products containing it. I did find a few that basically said that ephedra extract was an attempt to get ephedra into the market legally. The jist of it was, they strip al the aspects of the ephedra alkaloids that raised the most issues. Unfortunately, it would seem they strip away all the effective aspects of the ephedra alkaloids. Many of the search results indicated that ephedra extract was worth nothing as a fat burner, & maybe effective as a stimulant. In the end, the common term used was "scam". Personally, I believe that remains to be decided.

There are 30mg of ephedra extract & 200mg of caffeine. The rest of the ingredient profile is unlisted, including the yohimbine. The profile seems to fall in line with other energy shots, though. A generous "B" grade.

TASTE: F

I received the grape flavor, which may or may not be the only on available. It was downright horrible, even for just a shot. I never really got used to it, & it seemed to taste worse & worse as time went on. I thank God it was only a shot.

EFFECTIVENESS: B

As far as enrgy is concerned, Rhino Rush Energy Shots work. They seemed to kick in quick & last for the better part of 4-5 hours. Not the best energy I've received from similar shots, but good nonetheless.

My only issue would be the crash at the end. It really hit hard & I didn't care for it one bit. In addition, it deem seem to last as long as others, like 5 Hour Energy & Works Energy. Both of those lasted strong for the better part of 5 hours minimum, & the "briefness" of Rhino Rush was a bit disappointing.

Overall, Rhino Rush works about as well as it could.

VALUE: F

From their website, the Rhino Rush Energy Shots cost about $4 per shot or some $48 for a 12 pack (what I received). "No" is all I have to say. I didn't like it enough to justify buying it again, & I don't believe I would pay what they want even if I did.

OVERALL: F

As good as I felt Rhino Rush worked, I'm not paying close to $50 at all. The energy is good, but there are others I like much better. Also, the grumblings about ephedra extract do cause some pause for concern, & I hate being scammed by bogus ingredients.

October 16, 2013

Cons:
i have tried many energy sups and drinks and this is no differnt then any others. I liked what i read on the web page and figured i'd give it a try and bought the 12 pack.

as far as the effectiveness i will agree that it does give some noticeable energy but not at all what i expected after readying their advertisement. claimed double shot per bottle but hardly true.

price... a bit on the expensive side considering i bought from the web site straight from the source and paying 3.99 x 12 (bought the 12 pack )and after tax and shipping i would have been better buying anything from the store.

taste a little gritty but grape flavor was banging