PRICES (3)
(30 sv) - [$0.78/sv]

Amazon

(30 sv) - [$1.00/sv]

Rexx Sports Nutrition

You are viewing a single review (#1 of 2)
Click here to show all Aminoaide reviews.

Overall
Overall
Thanks to Rexx Sports Nutrition for sending it out!
  May 16, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Effective Hydromax
  • Decent Value
  • Reduces Soreness
  • Low Dosages
---Quick Summary----
A BCAA supplement with a few add-ins. It's a bit expensive for the cost conscious but there is value in it, especially if you are a fan of the hydromax. Limited ingredients and dosages keep it from being a full featured intra or post and competing with some other brands.

Greetings SR! Back again with another review and this time it's the Intra/Post BCAA supplement Aminoaide. Firstly, I want to thank the SR TROOPs program and the REXX rep, rexxsporrts, for giving me the opportunity to try this product out. If you want to know of my background, you can find it in my profile here at:

Three main pieces to this supplement: the BCAAs, L-Carnitine Tartrate, and the Hydromx.

Firstly on the BCAA, this had 5gs total in a 3:1:1 split. I generally look for the more common 2:1:1 ratio but I have no issue with this ratio either, I don't typically notice much of a difference as long as its at least pretty close.

Secondly we have the L-Carnitine Tartrate dosed at 1,000mg. This is on the lower edge of what is considered an effective dose. Depending on how you take this supplement, this might be a good amount or on the low side.

Finally we have the Hydromax 65% at 750mg. For those not familiar with Hydromax, essentially what it does is allow more water to be retained in your system. Hydromax is marketed as a pump ingredient since it leads to that "Swole" look but also aides in keeping you hydrated. Most sups that I've seen with this ingredient have between 700mg and 2000mg so this is in line with that but on the lower side.

Overall profile of this product isn't bad, on the light side of ingredients from a dosage standpoint but not to the point I wouldn't expect to see effects.

Only other thing worth mentioning here is that the product does contain sucralose so for those that prefer a more natural product, this might be of concern.

I asked for and received snow cone flavor. It took some getting used to as it was a much stronger flavor than I expected but did kinda sorta remind me of something like one of those red white and blue popsicles you got from the ice cream truck as a kid. By the end, I was actually enjoying it a lot, but taking it with less than 20 oz of water really makes the flavor too strong for me.

Dosing is a single scoop and the product is marketed as an intra/post workout supplement. The scoop is only 8g so not huge by any standard and it mixes up pretty easily in a shaker bottle with a fair amount of foaming that quickly dies down. There is a large amount of clumping, pictured below, in the tub but it didn't carry over after shaking. I do have a bit of a gripe about the clumping as it sticks to the bottom of the tub. The last 2 scoops I got out of the tub I had to scrap the side and I'm pretty sure there was enough product I couldn't get to at the bottom that would have resulting in another 1-1.5 scoops. Having received this through the TROOPs program, I can't complain too much but if i purchased it, I would be a bit peeved I wasn't able to get all it out.

I tried this 3 different ways, both as an intra or post as described on the tub and also in the mornings. As an intra workout powder, its okay but not particularly effective. I didn't notice more of a pump with this product and I expect it was that the hydromax just wasn't dosed high enough. As an intra, the benefit here is with the BCAAs for me and they did just about as well as other BCAA products I have had, enough to help decrease DOMS the next day but not a huge effect. The post was very similar, the BCAAs help to decrease soreness but not a huge difference and about the same as other 5g BCAA sups. The hydromax and Carnitine didn't provide much of a noticeable effect.

I tried both of these profiles for about 2 weeks and then switched to taking it in the morning. My reasoning for this is that although the hydromax wasn't a great pump inducer for me, i did notice i had a slightly higher water retention with better hydration. It wasn't a huge amount but it was enough to see an effect. I have run BCAA products in the past this way and liked it so it was a natural switch. The results were positive, I mixed one scoop with just about a liter of water and drank it over about 1-2 hours. This kept my hydration levels up with a rather tasty drink, as well as getting me the BCAAs in the morning to keep my muscles getting some support. This to me was the most effective way to take the supplement.

The cost of this supplement is $23.50 for a 30 serving tub, coming out to just about .79 cents for a serving at Amazon. This puts it fairly high on the servings for a BCAA product but then again, this isn't just a straight BCAA product since it includes two other ingredients, one of which being the hydromax that I saw good effects out of.

So is there value in this product? Sure, but it's somewhat in the convenience factor as you can get a much higher dose of hydromax, 2,000mg, for about .35 each. If you add in a BCAA supplement, you can get a higher dosage of ingredients for the same price or a little better. I can't say that there isn't value though because 1) that's true of most supplements that have a mash-up of ingredients and 2) it's a pain mixing powders and pills and there is value in having everything together in one product, especially if it tastes pretty good.

Side Effects

None, you're going to pee a lot if you take the amount of water needed to get the full effect of hydromax, but thats kinda the point.

Conclusion

This is a decent to good product from Rexx and I would definitely get it again. My workout plan has me doing HIIT/tabata workouts after my lifting and keeping my hydration up is important so that I can get the most out of those. The hydromax added to a BCAA powder worked well for me supporting this. I don't believe this is a great intra or post workout however as it doesn't have some other ingredients I would like to sees such as citrulline, taurine, glutamine or betaine. However, at the price, this product does meet a need pretty well, recommended.
  • Snow Cone: 8/10

• bzyczek
    6 days ago

I like your review ... and how you think in terms of Value ...

• Cray
    4 days ago

Same issue with the powder. Huge clumps. Seems as though it's lacking one of those silica packets that absorbs moisture. I bet that would fix this matter.