TrueNutrition.com Reviews

RETAILER RATING

Overall Score

Only 2 Reviews - Waiting for more trustworthy reviews

March 17, 2013

I heard about this site from someone at work over a year ago but I never knew how to recommend a retailer till I was looking through the forum last week. I've ordered from them a couple of different times, and since this place is pretty unique I figured I would provide my thoughts.

Selection (10/10):
These guys carry almost all of your major brands and popular products. If you want to go to this site and buy your favorite protein, recovery, etc. products you definitely can, but what makes this site truly unique is that you can build your own custom protein or carb mix. I don't really want to get that in-depth with it because this review would end up being two pages long, but simply put you can choose what protein you want at what %, carbs, fat, flavoring, sweetners and the size of the container it comes in. In other words, if you want to make a protein that is 10 lbs. of 100% hydrolyzed whey with no flavor, sweetners, colors, etc., you can. I can only image what it would taste like, but if that's what you want to do, you can. Additionally, they also have a nice selection of bulk products to choose from.

Price (9/10):
Prices are pretty competitive with most other sites out there. If you decide to take the custom mix approach, the prices seem pretty unbelievable. The prices differ based on the product, but the proteins range from about $7 per pound to about $28. They cost more as you add in additional ingredients, but it still seems pretty good considering you are creating your own product.

Service (9/10):
I don't have any experience with their customer service so I can't say much on that end. The only reason I gave them a 9 is because my orders have taken a little while to get to me. I know part of this is due to me being in GA and the site being located in CA, so I can't complain too much.

Overall (9/10):
It's like a lot of other sites out there in terms of your general products, but the option to make your protein really makes it special. Everyone may not be looking for that, but it is fun to mess around with and if you are tired of not being able to get exactly what you want this site may be able to offer it to you.

9.5
  July 28, 2015

I am a B.S. in Kinesiology STUDENT at George Mason University. Currently preparing for my Certified Personal Trainer exam through NCCPT (National Council for Certified Personal Trainers). 22 years young, and always learning. Have been working out since High School and really became intrigued with the nutrition and supplementation aspects when I was 18. Started with your basic ON Gold Standard Whey, then began experimenting with blends, casein, and everything in between. Have tried plenty of different pre workouts, the less stimulants the better in my own personal experience. I could go on but I just wanted to show I have in fact used a variety of supplements. I usually bought off bodybuilding.com and before I started buying my protein off of Truenutrition.com I was using MusclePharm Combat because I like to supplement protein blends post workout/between meals. Several months ago, I started hearing about companies "Amino Spiking" (Companies would use "proprietary blends" of proteins and amino acids so that they could say their powder has say 25 grams of protein per scoop when in reality it has say 18g protein and 7g amino acids). I read an article about TrueNutrition and how you could create your own custom blends where you choose how much of each macronutrient you want in your blend. I decided to check it out and I loved the custom blend creator and have been ordering from there since.

Discovered Supplement Reviews while searching the internet for real reputable reviews on supplements. Looked at a couple different websites and this one seemed the most legit. I decided to write this review because I currently order my protein from TrueNutrition.com and they only had maybe one other review on here and they deserve some more recognition for reasons I will address in my review. I will also likely review Bodybuilding.com as that is the other site I have had most of my supplement buying experiences with. But I have tried plenty of other supplements and plan to review some of my favorites and least favorites when I have the time.
(Background info on yourself, your supplement buying experience, how you found this retailer and how you discovered SR)

Selection

TrueNutriton.com has a very wide variety of supplements, They have tons of different powders, they sell just about every kind of protein you could imagine, even carb and fat powders. They also have extensive collections of supplement capsules such as vitamins, minerals, omega fatty acids, and more.

Layout and Ease of Ordering

TrueNutrition's site is very simple, at the top you have several options to choose from whether you want to shop by goal, brand, or just search whatever product you are looking for. They also have their "My Custom Blend" and "My Custom Oatmeal" features along with several other site navigators right in front of you on their home page. They even have About us, FAQ, and Contact us clearly located at the top. It is very easy to use and pick out exactly what you want when you are ordering whether its a custom blend or one of True Nutrition's premade blends.

Prices

They aren't the cheapest but with TrueNutrition you know you are getting exactly what you are paying for. If I want a protein powder with 50% whey and 50% casein I can rest assured that NOTHING else will be added to my protein. You aren't getting powders that are cut with cheaper amino acids or anything of the sort that some bigger companies are doing to save a buck and give you a lower price for a lower quality product. True Nutrition does everything they can to give the customer exactly what they want at the cheapest price they can.

They do however offer discounts for bulk orders and if you use their custom blend generator then share your custom blend on facebook/twitter/instagram and tag true nutrition you will get 10% off your next order

There is also a "Promos" page under the FAQ tab that will give you all of True Nutrition's current promotional offers.

Shipping

There are several different shipping options to choose from and price varies by option. They will split your order for you into multiple shipments if anything will take longer to ship than the rest such as the custom blends. In my experience the custom blends take an extra 1-2 days to be shipped from their warehouse because they have to make them. You receive email updates as your items ship.

Service

Service is very good at True Nutrition. I was having trouble getting/using one of my promo codes for sharing my custom blend the first time I did it so I emailed them and they immediately CCed my problem to their marketing dept where they very quickly gave me my promo code. Great service.

Conclusion

Overall TrueNutrition offers quality products that can be custom tailored to fit your own personal needs at the lowest price point they can offer. They don't spend tons of money on marketing, packaging or anything of that sort to save the customer money. You know you are getting exactly what you are paying for with TrueNutrition which is hard to come by today with so many companies just looking to sell an inferior product to make a profit. I have been ordering from TrueNutrition.com for several months now and will continue to do so in the future.