Smart Powders Reviews

RETAILER RATING

Overall Score

Ranks #15 of 44 (better than 67%) of all Retailers

March 8, 2013

SmartPowders.com is a superb online seller of supplements that I'd highly recommend ordering from.

I stumbled upon this company while looking for nootropic products. That was my primary focus upon first visiting (and ordering) so I didn't even really acknowledge the fact that they carried sports nutrition supplements. When my first order arrived, it had a handful of high end bodybuilding product samples in it which definitely got my attention and brought me back for additional orders.

Service: 9/10
I found their service to be very good - to the point where I can't really speak to any other supplement reseller currently being as good as these guys are. I've ordered from two other resellers recently based on recommendations and have been unsatisfied because SmartPowders has spoiled me!

First, upon ordering, you immediately get a confirmation - no big deal really, everyone usually does this. Then there's a follow up when the order ships, which is usually rather quick, with details of the order, tracking, etc. This may be a minor thing to most, but this email comes over in the format of "John Doe has sent you a package!" - using the shippers real name of course. Maybe I'm just old fashioned, but that's a nice personal touch to me.
When the package arrives, mine are typically stuffed with great samples. Once I got 2 or 3 but other times they were very heavy handed with them - I think this is awesome! Because of those samples, I've gone ahead and purchased full sized containers of some of the products they sent samples of.
Also, they're quite active on their Facebook page. They've answered questions for me there and they run 'Facebook Upgrades' where they have you mention this specific upgrade and they'll add to your order. Again, sometimes I've gotten a ton of samples for an upgrade where another time I got a full bottle of a product I didn't even order (but could still use!). Another time, they gave away a free gym bag STUFFED with samples when you placed any sized order. I got another new shaker bottle, some RTD's and a couple weeks worth of PWO's and intra samples. Outstanding!
They have their own brand of products which tend to sell for a solid discount over national brands so I'm naturally steered toward those due to my innate thrifty-ness. A couple times when I've ordered these products I received nationally branded products rather than their own. These items are listed at higher prices on their site than their own brand is selling for. Whether they're just out of stock at the time or what, I'm not sure but I have NO complaints!
Lastly, I ordered a box of protein bars for my wife that ultimately ended up being out of stock. They refunded the cost of that box of bars and substituted another WHOLE box at NO CHARGE! That tells me they are serious about service and are focused on retaining repeat customers.

Selection: 8/10
Selection is good - not as extensive as BB.com or some of the other huge online sellers, but they carry about every brand I'm interested in. I have no doubt that I could contact them about a product not currently listed on the site and they'd look to get it. The service I've experienced has been so good, I just feel confident this would happen.

Prices: 7/10
Again, not the lowest around but everything is typically within a buck or two of everyone else. Believe me, I'll absolutely spend a couple dollars more to order from them and get the service, upgrades, goodies and peace of mind than save a few dollars going through an inferior reseller. I know some folks will think a grade of '7' will seem low because there are so many 9 and 10 ratings across this site, but in reality a 7 to me is absolutely fair based on where their pricing is compared to the lowest available and more expensive outlets.
Shipping prices are very reasonable or, at least they have been for me. They are based in North Carolina and I'm in New England so that can play into shipping charges. Coast to coast will most likely be more than I pay but I can't confirm this.

Order from them and see for yourselves! Seriously, do yourself a favor and place an order and make the determination on your own. If they fall down and don't meet your expectations, go back to your favorite reseller with no harm done.

Additional Notes
I have no affiliation with these folks whatsoever beyond being a satisfied customer. I was just very impressed with how they conducted business and definitely want to support the 'Good Guys' out there.

Thanks for reading and I hope your experience with SmartPowders.com is as good as mine have been.

Overall
Overall
3.0
2.0
  July 3, 2013

Smart Powders warning: Poor customer service, 138$ lost

I just want to share with you my horrible experience buying at SmartPowders.com so hopefully you can avoid making the same mistakes I did:

1. I live in Spain, placed an order and a few days later I realized they had not shipped it. I check their website, it says they are moving warehouses so I wait a few more days. Still nothing so I check the status and it's marked as Suspected Fraud. I contact them and they answer quickly saying I ordered from a US ip the the shipping address is in spain (because I use VPN software). After a couple of days they ship the order

- MISTAKE Nº1: They do not contact me when the order is marked as suspected fraud, I am the one who has to contact them to solve it.

2. Two weeks later I'm still waiting. I check the order status in the FedEx website and it's marked 'Undeliverable'. I contact FedEx and they say they won't ship any king of health products to Spain. I contact SmartPowders and we agree that they'll reship it through USPS. I change my mind and ask them to give me a refund instead.

- MISTAKE Nº2: They offer shipping through a company that won't ship their products. Even though they don't apologize for the inconvenience. They are not willing to refund the shipping cost.

3. Three weeks later I'm still waiting for an answer to my last emails so I write a long e-mail explaining my disappointment with their customer service. They just say 'We'll give you a refund when it's returned to us'.

- MISTAKE Nº3: They do not answer my emails and when they do they seem not to care. Probably the order has already been returned to them but they don't care to ask FedEx about the order status.

4. I have sent them a couple more e-mails in the last 2 weeks but they still haven't answered. I just called them today but just got a message saying they are too busy, so I can leave a message and they'll call me back (which I doubt).

After nearly two months waiting I have not received any apology nor any refund and half of my emails haven't been answered.

This is by far the worst experience I've had in the 5 years I've been buying online.

My conclusion: They don't care, if there's a problem with your order, they will not help you. If you can buy from any other vendor even at slightly higher prices, do it.

March 17, 2013

I stumbled upon this site after browsing through the retailer reviews, and after taking a look at the site, I decided to take a chance and order some product from them. I'm usually a little timid when it comes to ordering from new places that I don't know much about, but after seeing some of the prices and speaking to a person at customer service I figured it was worth a shot.

Selection (9.9/10):
The selection on this site is fantastic. They carry almost every major brand of supplements as well as some of the miscellaneous items like body fat calipers, wrist straps, and gloves. It's also nice that these guys have a fantastic selection of bulk products at great prices. When you look at some of these products, they appear to have the "Smart Powders" label on them, but if you look through the description, you'll notice that a lot of these are actually the Primaforce versions. For the ones that are not Primaforce, the site usually provides a certificate of analysis to show the quality and purity of the products. To be fair, I couldn't give it a 10 because they don't carry pro-hormone/PCT products, but since the majority of people are not looking for those, I gave it a 9.9 out of 10.

Price (10/10):
I bought a bulk ursolic acid (100g), PEA, and some GPLC at buy one get one free. The the GPLC and PEA were both Primaforce, the ursolic acid was the Smart Powders brand, and with shipping it cost me a little under $40. I decided to get expedited shipping which did cost me a little more, but they do offer a nice $4.99 flat rate shipping fee. That's pretty good all the way around considering the cheapest I've seen the GPLC for a single bottle is around $28.

Service (10/10):
I had to give customer service a call because the GPLC was on the BOGO and when I put it it my cart it would only show 1 item, but if I added a second, I was getting charged for it. I called the number from their website, got a recorded message directing me to option 2, and had to wait for about 5 seconds before someone answered. I told him what was going on, and he said that for any BOGO deal they would automatically add on any free items I was supposed to get. It was nice and simple, he was very friendly, and I received exactly what I ordered.

Overall (9.9/10)
I'm doing the 9.9 again because of the selection thing I mentioned above. Besides that, I was pleasantly surprised by my experience with this site and I will definitely be using them again.

March 11, 2013

WOW... I just got my order with Smart Powders. It was my first order and I was really hesitant in placing it, as I had never heard of smart powders. A fellow student had told me about all these new Nootropics and how well they worked for helping him study and remembering. So I called them up and left a message. Within 10 min ON A SATURDAY, A product rep called me back and stayed with me on the phone for over an hour going over the different options and finding the right product for me. This guy (Dennis) was amazing. He knew about any product I asked about and even told me some interactions between products that I was currently taking. So not only did he help me with choosing the correct new products, but also told me what I was doing wrong with my current supplements. After talking to him on the phone I realized that this place IS LEGIT.

So my order comes to my house on TUESDAY. The order is complete and packed neatly. As I open it I find a drawstring bag, 10 different single serving samples and 3 protein bars. My order was only about $100 (6 products). I would price my value of bag and samples at about $12.00 at least. I told another guy in my class and he got his order in 1 day. He also got samples like I did. And he only ordered 1 product !!!

It has been a week or so since my order and the stack that Dennis suggested has been perfect for me. Not only that, but the change up that he suggested for my regular routine has REALLY helped. So much even, that I made sure I sent him a follow up email and signed up on here just to leave this review.

Also, they have a "deal of the day" section that I have been watching since my first order. I go back a couple times a week to see what they feature. CRAZY good deals. I have been stocked up pretty good with supplies for now. But when re-stock time comes....I for SURE will be going to Smart Powders!!!!