Jacked Pack Reviews

RETAILER RATING

Overall Score

FORUM TOPICS

Overall
Overall
2.0
Service
2.0
Prices
Prices
  October 16, 2013

As mentioned in the title, this review is for the JackedPack.com e-store located here:

Now let's break it down....

Customer Service (1/10)

Get ready for a long story, but I want you to know what I went through so you know what you're getting into.

Oh man, I don't even know where to begin here. Well ok, so I saw a sale for the Olympia posted on their Facebook wall, and I was interested in getting the BOGO ON Amino Energy and BOGO AST AR-5.

Now, I had previously been on their site, and played with an order, but then left without buying anything. Following me leaving the site, I got an email from them to come back, using discount code IMBACK20 for 20% off my next order. I figured what a great time to try that out with this sale. So, I went to the site, added some AR-5 to my cart, and some 60 serving Amino Energy to my cart, popped in the discount code, and paid with my credit card. Keep in mind all items were in stock when I bought.

The next day, I got an e-mail from Zak@jackedpack.com saying that the discount code I used is only for members who were once a JackedPack subscriber and are re-joining. He said I can keep that discount, but I HAVE to sign up for their monthly JackedPack. That right there is some BS bait and switch. But either way, I also had a $10 off discount for doing a survey which I would've used, if they let me. Following that e-mail, he said they are sold out of the Amino Energy (which still showed IN STOCK on the website, and has never yet showed out of stock since then). They refused to fulfill my order (even after charging my credit card) and only gave me the option to get a refund. Now being international customer, I took a hit on how much I got back because the bank takes a fee converting - which I understand but I lost money for something out of my control.

My big issue here is that they should not charge someone's credit card if they are out of stock, they need to have their website have real-time stock levels, OR, fulfill back-orders that have been charged already.

I did not get much of a response from this Zak following the refund, so I posted on their Facebook wall hoping to get someone to contact me. What happened? They just deleted my comment off of their wall and ignored it. I had to private message their page again, and then finally they said to email their main customer service.... So... I did that, with a very lengthy email, and then FINALLY someone forwarded it on to Alex, who is apparently one of the owners. Now Alex was very nice, and he was sympathetic of my situation (if only all of their customer service was like him). He did offer to send me a 'care package' for my troubles, and that he is going to use my experience to improve their shopping experience, promising it to be better in the new year.

Alex is the only reason this category got 1 point, and in turn brought the overall up 1 point.

Prices/Shipping (4/10)

They do have some good deals on at times, like bundles or BOGOs, but their everyday prices are very inconsistent. Some are lower, some are the same, and some are 10-20% higher than everywhere else. Shipping is a mystery to me, not sure how they treat US shipping, but Canada is a flat rate $20, which is good and bad, but it is not a concrete price. If what you order costs more to ship they will email you telling you it will cost $____ extra to ship in which you have to pay. When really, if their site is calculating it wrong, they should be eating the cost until they have it fixed.

Selection (2/10)

Well, they have quite a few brands, but most only have 1 product in them. Their total store right now is 7 pages long with 15 products a page. So that makes it 115 products total, including stack options and t-shirts.

If there are specific supplements you like to buy, chances are low that they carry them. Good just for one off sales at the moment. No Genomyx or PES = sad panda.

Overall (2/10)

I am sure the selection will improve (as will the rest of the categories) over time, since this is a new area to them, but for now I would highly suggest to shop elsewhere until they can sort there stuff out.

I don't think I will ever give them another chance personally though, not after this experience. I have many other places I buy from that are reliable.

Funny too, the survey I filled out a few weeks ago was on how they can make people buy from them instead of other retailers, where to improve. I told Alex, just do the complete opposite of what happened with me and you are on track to get new customers.