Preworkout Reviews

By: Regicide Supplements

Preworkout is a Pre-Workout manufactured by Regicide Supplements. It is designed to help provide a pre-training advantage by increasing mental focus, muscle performance, endurance and blood flow. This creates an environment optimal for increasing muscle mass and losing body fat.

January 26, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Nice Name
  • Increased Performance
  • Increased Strength
  • Nice Graphics
  • Nice Text
  • Increased Focus
  • Nice Colors
  • Taste

INTRODUCTION

Thank you to the brand Regicide Supplements for participating in the SR TROOP program and to SupplementReviews for making this connection between brand-consumer possible. Let me congratulate this brand for its awesome name and also for the graphics (picture and text)! Whoever has played Age of Empires 2 will feel identified with this name <3 Anyways, I train from Monday to Friday and rest during weekends. Not having a workout day off during Monday-Friday puts me in necessity of using a stimulant preworkout. If you add that my workouts are 2-3 hours long, then imagine how tired I am after I finish a workout.

So when I saw the label of Regicide Pre-Workout, I knew I had to try it! Let's see if I could kill the admin... oops, I meant the king.

INGREDIENT PROFILE

10/10. I love preworkouts with BCAA. That's the first thing I liked about this preworkout when I saw the label. When a Pre-workout have BCAA, you know it's a strong preworkout. Even better, the BCAA are in a 4:1:1 ratio (4g Leucine, 1g Isoleucine, 1g Valine). Leucine is highly effective, it's key for muscle protein synthesis but in this case, it would be effective for strength. I notice additional strength when I've used Leucine so having this ratio is great. Afterall, Leucine = King of Aminos ;)

Then we got the Nitric Oxide Boosters. 3 grams of L-Citrulline alone and 3 grams of Citrulline Malate. I think the addition of the 2 forms was a good idea because each form has its own particular benefits. And then 1 gram of Agmatine Sulfate. That's a good dose for Agmatine Sulfate and I usually get good results with Agmatine + Citrulline so well done.

Then we have the Energy and Endurance Complex which has 5 ingredients, starting with: 4.2 grams of Beta-Alanine. This is a key ingredient in this supplement. I had a lot of time without having a significant reduction of the burning sensation during high amount of reps. The difference between 3.2g and 4.2g is very significant. Next we have 1.5g of Betaine. Betaine has a lot of overall and performance benefits and like SR says: "Betaines major benefits in the body stem from its ability to act as a methyl donor, meaning it can donate one if its methyl groups to another molecule that may be in need to complete a biological process." Then we have 1.5 grams of Creatine HCL for natural ATP production, strength, etc. This is a solid dose, based on my experience with Creatine HCL, it's going to work like 5 grams of Monohydrate, without the side effects of Monohydrate. The standard amount in Creatine HCL supplements is between 750mg-1000mg per serving, here you get 1500mg. Then we have 1500mg of Acetyl-L-Carnitine, it's a highly available form of L-Carnitine which attempts to use fat as a source of energy. This form of L-Carnitine is more known for its focus and brain related benefits. This dose is high and adequate. And finally 1 gram of Taurine. Taurine has plenty of benefits related to performance, strength, energy, stress, etc. 1 gram isn't so high but I think 1 gram is alright, no need to add more, you want atleast 500mg of Taurine and here you're getting 1 gram.

And finally, the Focus Enhancers: 1 gram of N-Acetyl L-Cysteine. This ingredient is more known for its benefits for the liver but also has benefits to handle stress, fight free radicals, etc. I'm not sure if the benefits of this ingredient can be felt pre-workout, seems more like a post-workout ingredient. High dose too. Then we have 1 gram of L-Tyrosine for focus, Caffeine Anhydrous for energy and L-Theanine to balance all these ingredients and keep them on track. Vitamins B6 and B12 for natural energy production and other benefits.

Overall a 10/10, the selection of ingredients, the high doses of each (except Betaine but it's alright) was an excellent decision. Remember you can use SupplementReviews to find the benefits of each ingredient, for example: Cysteine: https://supplementreviews.com/ingredients/cysteine // Beta-Alanine: https://supplementreviews.com/ingredients/beta-alanine // Betaine: https://supplementreviews.com/ingredients/betaine and so on.

TASTE/MIXABILITY/DOSING

TASTE: They only have Watermelon available. I like a strong taste but this one was too strong, I could feel the chemicals. I can feel they had a hard fight trying to combat the bitterness of some ingredients like Leucine but wow, it's too strong. What surprised me was that even with additional water, the taste remained too strong.

MIXABILITY: Overall, no problems mixing it. It generated some foam but that was expected because of the BCAAs. Let it sit for 30-60 seconds and it will dissapear. Gave me problems mixing it once or twice but it was because I added less water than what they say.

DOSING: Newbies can use half-scoop the first week. I tried half-scoop once and it worked alright. But normally, 1 scoop 20 minutes before workout.

EFFECTIVENESS

Like always, I'll divide this section into several areas:

- PUMP/VASCULARITY: The combination of Citrulline, Citrulline Malate and Agmatine usually never fails. It's not the best pump and vascularity I've had but it was decent. Pump didn't hurt and it was constant, Vascularity was even present post-workout. Overall, I was satisfied in this area, good job. 8/10.

- ENERGY: My workouts are 2-3 hours long, including warm ups, and the energy usually lasted almost the entire workout. I was kind of expecting it not to last the entire workout because it has 300mg of Caffeine Anhydrous, which is high, but I don't see other stimulants. Nothing I would consider bad though, if it lasts 2 hours, that's already a lot for most people. And well, it gave me the opportunity to test my intra-workout :) Of course, other ingredients also contribute indirectly for energy production (Citrulline, Vitamins B6,B12, Taurine, etc). I'm satisfied in this area. 8.5/10

- STRENGTH: Right now, I'm lifting heavy weights, very close to my 1 rep max. So it's not easy to see "Increased Strength" effects. But Regicide Pre-Workout gave me increased strength. I could increase my 1 rep max to 2 reps so that's "Increased Strength". My 2 rep max increased to 3 reps. Everytime I needed strength, this gave me strength, it was available for me to use. I think the Leucine helped a lot here because the times I've used Leucine as pre-workout alone, it has helped me a lot with strength. Creatine HCL didn't dissapoint either, I trust this ingredient. Very satisfied in this area. 9/10

- ENDURANCE/PERFORMANCE:Like I always say: "Not everything is about Pump and Vascularity. Increasing Nitric Oxide levels also provide benefits related to endurance and performance."Allow me to put this on bold and underlined because this was the best effective area of Regicide Pre-workout and it's not a surprise. Most of the ingredients added help directly with endurance/performance. 6 grams of BCAA (4:1:1 ratio), then the benefits of increasing nitric oxide levels with Citrulline, Citrulline Malate and Agmatine Sulfate. Then we got Betaine, Acetyl-L-Carnitine, Taurine, Caffeine AND MOST IMPORTANTLY, 4.2 grams of Beta-Alanine. Here's the main reason IMO that this area worked the best. It wouldn't have worked so good without the other ingredients mentioned though. Like I said in the Ingredient Profile, the difference between the clinical 3.2g dose and the 4.2g dose was significant:

1. That burning sensation we get when doing high reps was reduced a lot,
2. The time for the muscle to recover from that burning sensation was also reduced.
3. The time for that burning sensation to show up was increased. If for example, I had to do 12 reps to feel the burning sensation, with Regicide Pre-workout I had to reach more than 15 reps to START feeling the burning sensation and 20 reps for that burning to be more constant. So this way, I was able to do more repetitions.

I was able to do 4 exercises combined in an easier way, the time to recover between sets and each exercise was reduced which allowed me to do 4 exercises together. (for example: 1 tricep, 1 bicep, 1 tricep, 1 bicep). So I'm very satisfied in this area. 10/10

- FOCUS: It was solid. It's easy for me to get distracted with things. I constantly use Spotify to put/change songs so it's easy to get distracted with that. I lift with other people and topics about Soccer, dogs, videos, social media, Politics, Laws, daily life, bodybuilding, supplements (this especially!), etc, constantly try to distract me from my workouts! So Focus is an important aspect for me. So based on those temptations, I'll never be 100% concentrated, impossible. But it did a solid job. Usually this allowed me to change a song "fast" and continue lifting or answer something and start lifting. I was expecting solid results here, that 1g of Tyrosine + 1.5g of Acetyl-L-Carnitine, combined with the 300mg of Caffeine, 300mg Theanine are a good formula. So no tunnel-vision focus but decent enough. 8/10

Highly effective pre-workout! As you can see with the numbers I put at the end, it didn't reach a 9 because of Focus and Pump/Vascularity. Vascularity is not one of my main attributes atm so this can easily reach a 9 with another person with less body fat than me right now.

Something "funny" happened to me. I had the containers of Regicide Pre-Workout and Millenium Sport RPG BCAA next to each other. They are both the same size but images are different and obviously the name. 2 times I was in a hurry and grabbed Regicide Pre-Workout instead of the BCAA and took it post-workout O_O hahahaha wtf! The first time it happened I said "Well, I'm not going to waste this serving, all in!" Hahaha. What convinced me to take it was also because some of the ingredients can work well post-workout (Creatine HCL, Betaine, BCAA, etc). The focus and energy it gave me post-workout was amazing hahaha! It has been the best focus I've had. It helped me write 10 pages without any copy and paste in 2 hours. Of course, there was a lot of tingling sensation, stomach issues because of the high caffeine, etc. The second time it happened I drank half of the liquid and had to throw away the other half. It was just too much lol.

VALUE

Judging the price of a lot of products participating in the SR TROOP program is difficult because they are only available on the brand's website and usually it's more expensive there so they don't compete with the retailers. That's why I not only judge the price but also suggest possible prices. Only available at regicidesupplements.com for $51.99. All the ingredients, except Betaine, are highly dosed. Regicide Pre-Workout is like having 2 products in 1: BCAA + Preworkout ingredients. If this had 30 servings, then that price, even if expensive, it would be acceptable and fair. But for 20 servings, I think it's too expensive, only way I would buy this again if I had extra money to burn or if I see some 20% discount. A great price would be something between $35 and $40 and the acceptable price would be something between $41-$45. Anything more than that is way too expensive for this preworkout. If you only use half-scoop, that's 40 servings and that way it has a good price though.

SIDE EFFECTS

Bathroom trips before working out. It happened with like 10 servings. Then I found out that I had to eat ATLEAST 2 hours before drinking this Preworkout. When I ate 2 or 3 hours before drinking Regicide Pre-Workout, I didn't have any bathroom trips. I usually eat like 1 hour before.

CONCLUSION

Why Overall is 7.5 when Effectiveness is 8.7 and Value is 6? Well, the graphics, name, text ,etc all influence the Overall score (that's why it's called Overall). This preworkout is highly effective with an ideal selection of ingredients with their respective high doses. The name is great, graphics are cool, the colors look nice. Hopefully if the product starts to be more available, the price can go down to atleast $40. I hope they can fix the taste.

SUGGESTIONS FOR THE COMPANY

1. Fix the taste. Make it less stronger.
2. I hope that when you decide to distribute it to retailers, the final price can come down to $40.

Thanks again for participating in the SR TROOPS program, you made a great product!
  • Watermelon: 5/10

January 20, 2018

• Reduced DOMs

A huge shoutout to Regicide Supplements for sending me their preworkout to try! I am a 27 year old firefighter from Ohio. My main fitness goals are to maintain a solid shape for my job and to build muscle mass / strength.

This preworkout contains quite a hefty ingredient label. Now I've seen this in a few preworkouts before that seemed appealing until you realize many of the ingredients were under dosed. Well I'm glad to say this is not the case with Regicide! To start they have a full dose of BCAA's at 4:1:1! They are L-Leucine 4,000mg, L-Isoleucine 1,000mg, and L-Valine 1,000mg. This helps begin the recovery process quicker! Next up they have their Nitric Oxide Boosters for the pump. They are L-Citrulline 3,000mg, Citrulline Malate 1:1 3,000mg, and Agmatine Sulfate 1,000mg. Next they have the Energy and Endurance ingredients that provide exactly what they say. They are Beta Alanine 4,200mg, Betaine 1,500mg, Creatine HCL 1,500mg, Acetyl L Carnitine 1,500mg, and Taurine 1,000mg. To finish there is the Focus Enhancers to provide a solid focus. Those are N Acetyl L Cysteine 1,000mg, L-Tyrosine 1,000mg, Caffeine Anhydrous at 300mg which is also to improve energy, and L Theanine at 300mg. That's it for the label. Big but delivers.

I received the watermelon flavor which I believe is their only current flavor. It was very sweet and more of a candy flavor than watermelon but it was enjoyable. If you aren't too big on sweetness you may need to add extra water. It mixed up great in a shaker bottle and I had very minimal residue left at the bottom. It mixed back up easy enough though. The 1 scoop dosing seemed just right.

I found this product to be very effective at what it claimed. I felt like getting the aminos in early definitely helped my recovery overall and I liked them being in here. The pumps were always good and stayed pretty consistent throughout my whole useage. I noticed they were more muscular pumps than vascular which was ok for me. The energy was great. I took this about 20 minutes before leaving for the gym and I could feel it kicking in on my drive in. I was definitely energized as I walked in the door. The focus aspect had me mentally ready to go as soon as I walked in as well. The energy lasted throughout my whole lift and I never had any noticeable crashes afterwards.

The only place I was able to find this product was on the companies website. This is a pretty expensive product compared to many other preworkouts. It's listed as $52. It contains 20 servings and it breaks down to about $2.50 a serving. To make the value seem better I suppose you can consider it 2 products in one with the aminos added in.

Side Effects

I experienced no negative side effects during my usage of this product.

Conclusion

Overall I really enjoyed my use of this preworkout. It was effective and enjoyable to drink. My only downfall is the steep price and lower serving size. It's seems to be this companies first product so I assume they are just trying to get going. I would definitely recommend this to anyone looking for a preworkout with a bunch of ingredients and aspects. I look forward to seeing what they have in store in the future! Thanks again Regicide!

7.1
  January 14, 2018

• Taste

I'm a natural bodybuilder who is attending the University of Arizona, I run a fitness page on instagram @ boonbrandon, and I have been fascinated by supplementation for quite awhile and have put hours and hours into reading sports medicine journals and research papers testing how effective supplements/individual ingredients are.

Honestly this is one of the most comprehensive formulas I have seen in a pre workout recently. Not only does it have a complete 6 gram BCAA complex, but a whopping 4.2 gram dose of beta-alanine, 3 grams of citrulline and 3 grams of citrulline malate (yielding 4.5 grams of active citrulline), 1.5 grams of creatine HCl, Betaine, and ALCAR, and 1 gram of Taurine, Tyrosine, and Agmatine Sulfate. The caffeine dosage is 300mg and includes 300mg L-Theanine to work synergistically with the caffeine. This is a super solid formula, the only things I could even think of suggesting would be to change the Betaine dose to 2.5 grams, but Betaine is still effective at the 1.5 gram dosage. Same goes for Creatine HCl. Super impressed with the formula.

Here is where the supplement takes a very slight hit. Let me just start by saying the mixability was surprisingly good for how many ingredients are in the formula, and the dosing with the 1 scoop is very very simple. The taste is pretty terrible though in all honesty. It only comes in the flavor Watermelon, and I'm not a big watermelon fan but I have had several melon flavored pre workouts that were pretty good. This pre smells like it would taste really good but every time I drink it it gives me goosebumps, it reminds me of drinking something mixed with cheap vodka. OBVIOUSLY, we don't drink pre for the taste so it's not the end of the world but it could use improving if possible.

This pre is very effective. It gives about as much energy/mental kick as you would expect from a pre where caffeine is the only stim, but I found it did have a slight increase in focus, but there are ingredients for that like Tyrosine so I understand why. The pump is a major selling point for this pre. With the 3 grams of L-Citrulline and 3 grams of Citrulline-Malate (1:1 ratio) that alone would give an awesome pump but there is also an entire gram of agmatine sulfate so my veins were popping like crazy. The endurance and strength increase is also pretty solid likely thanks to the Creatine HCl, Betaine, and Beta-Alanine. It's a powerful formula but "mild" feeling which is good.

Unfortunately, I think value is where the supplement kind of goes down. Although I do find this pre workout even more complete than many other clinically dosed big-hitters like Pulse or Outlift, those are 37-39 dollars for 20 servings, and I don't find the slight increase in quality justify the jump in price. At 52 dollars per 20 servings, this comes down to $2.60 per serving which is quite expensive. I understand WHY it is expensive, but I still think it could be a little cheaper.

Side Effects

I had no side effects from taking this. Usually 300 mg of caffeine and up can have side effects on me but I attribute no side effects to the inclusion of L-Theanine which can counteract jitters or anxiety from caffeine.

Conclusion

Overall, I think this is a super solid contender in the pre workout market which can beat out like-minded supplements like Pre-Jym, Pre-Kaged, and even Outlift and Pulse. Having said this, with having such an impressive formula comes a spike in price that I'm not fully convinced is 100% worth it yet. On top of this, the taste had me dreading having to drink it before my workouts. Despite both of those minor setbacks if you have the money to spend on it I would definitely try this out, and thanks to Regicide for including this in the TROOPs program!!!
  • Watermelon: 4/10

4.1
  January 10, 2018

• Increased Focus

What's up guys first off I want to thank SR reviews for giving me the opportunity to review this product. Today I am reviewing Regicide PWO. This is product that really sparked my interest because of the ingredient profile. It has a lot of ingredients that normally work well for me and for the most part I was confident in its ability to give me the energy and focus to get through my workouts. Well needless today this did not really do well in that category.

BCAA: L-leucine, L-isoleucine, and L-valine - 4:1:1 - these are your basic amino acids that you would take separately in a BCAA supplement. They are most beneficial for protein synthesis enabling your muscle to recover at a faster rate. I usually take a separate supplement to gain my BCAA content but with this product I felt that these were enough.
Nitric Oxide boosters: L-citrulline (3000mg), Citrulline Malate 1:1 (3000mg),Agmatine sulfate (1000mg) - L-citulline is a common ingredient in NO boosting supplements because it is known to dilate the blood vessels and increase blood flow to the muscles. To a certain degree it also helps protein synthesis in the body. Citrulline malate provides more of an endurance boost for your workouts than the L-citrulline. This is also an ingredient that is meant to dilate your blood vessels allowing your muscle to get that great "pump" feeling during your workouts, aka more blood! Everyone loves more blood in the muscles. Agmatine sulfate is mainly used a natural pain inhibitor but also works its magic in the blood vessel dilation department. Overall there isn't sufficient evidence that this ingredient is really beneficial in this category, but it compliments the other two ingredients well.

Energy and Endurance Complex: Beta alanine (42000mg), Beatine (1500mg) Creatine HCL (1500mg), Taurine (1000mg). Beta alanine is the most important of these ingredients, in my opinion. This is known to increase your endurance during your workouts by improving the ability for your muscles to perform at high intensities. Beta alanine has abilities to significantly raise your carosine levels which in turn results in a lower muscle pH allowing your muscles to avoid fatigue. One of my favorites! Beatine actually helps more in improving fat breakdown in cells or otherwise known as increasing cellular metabolism. Creatine HCL is a form of creatine that is absorbed at a much faster rate as one of its counterparts, creatine monohydrate. I mainly use creatine to help me in gaining muscle and I usually cycle on and off of it in 1 month intervals. I find that this helps muscle growth and overall hypertrophy at a better rate than taking it consistently over a period of 2-3 months. One thing that you have to watch out for is that all types of creatine are known to dehydrate you so it is important you drink plenty of fluids. Taurine is a ingredient that is found in many energy drinks and is claimed to help in overall mental performance and endurance. The fatigue fighting power of taurine goes well with beta alanine, to a certain extent.

other ingredients: L-tyrosine (1000mg), N-acetyl L-cysteine (1000mg), Caffiene (300mg), L-theanine (300mg) --these are known in the product as the "Focus Enhancers".

The company sent me watermelon flavor. In reality I don't really care about the flavor because they usually all either taste pretty good are pretty awful, at least for me that is not true for everyone. I didn't really enjoy this flavor at all. To me it tasted like I was drinking that cherry flavored cough syrup when I was kid. In regards to mixability it did pretty well. There was no clumping and minimal settling especially if used enough liquid. The product came with a pretty large scoop which was 28.5g of powder.

Originally, just looking at the ingredient profile I thought that this was going to work really well for me, but as I stated above that was not the case. I really enjoy Beta alanine and with the amount of this in the product I thought I was guaranteed to be crazy in the gym. Although I don't really enjoy the caffeine in the product I thought that overall it would be down played in the overall effect. In this section I will mainly go over the three claims the company makes on the label.
Strength: I really didn't notice much of a change in this area. I was on a hypertrophy program so I was expecting some gain in strength which I did but I attributed it more toward the workout program itself and the hard work I put into it. The other thing I would like to mention is in my opinion PWO does not actually give you strength gains but the energy needed to make those gains. This product does have creatine which should help in the strength department but normally I take about 10g/day so this product alone wouldn't do too much.

Energy: I thought for the most part it did give me energy but the wrong kind that I didn't want. Usually with beta alanine I get a full body energy which allows me to get a great workout and lift a good amount of weight to allow progress in my lifts. With this product I got more of just a head rush which I contribute to the caffeine. Usually when I drink coffee this is the feeling I get. I think the caffeine in this product was overpowering for what I am used to. The product did give me the energy to get through the entire lift with no crash later on. This category is mainly why I give the product an average to below average rating.

For 20 servings on the website regicidesupplements.com you can get this product for $59.99. I would consider this pretty expensive for a PWO. Usually I like to get my PWO for around $30-40 and I will usually spend more if I know a product works. This was the only site I found this product on so you can say that it is not readily available.

Side Effects

None - which is another plus for the product.

Conclusion

As you can see from what I listed above that the ingredient profile is pretty extensive and I contribute the product's high price tag to this. I hope everyone can see why I thought this would be a solid PWO, but it turned out to be only average for me. When trying these products there is no telling what they may or may not do for you so it is important to always look at the ingredient profile. As far as overall effectiveness I thought the biggest impact was in the energy category mainly because of the high beta alanine content. I would give this product a "B-" due to its inability to get me to the next level and the fact that its lacking in some of the claims it makes on the product's label.
  • Watermelon: 4/10

6.8
  January 8, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Reduced DOMs
  • Good Pumps

Back at it again SR with a review of Regicide Supplements preworkout, called Regicide Preworkout. I always have a preworkout on hand to give me the extra energy, endurance, and motivation to really hit the gym hard. There a lot of different preworkouts out there, some just stim bombs, others more geared toward the pump etc. This preworkout aims to help everything, and I think it does a great job. Details below.

I attached the supplements, and they are fully disclosed and impressive. This preworkout is not just a preworkout, but also an amino supplement, and includes tons of extras like designer creatine (HCL) to really address all of your workout needs. Here are the highlights:

Energy and focus: 300 mg caffeine, full grams of Tyrosine and NALC, and 300 mg of Theanine for crash support. 300 mg is a good amount of caffeine, I wouldn't mind a little extra or some extended release here.

Pump: 3 g L-Citrulline, 3 g Citrulline Malate, 1 g Agmatine. 6 g total of citrulline is nice, I however like the agmatine more as Citrulline doesn'talways work with me and my diet.

Recovery: 6 grams BCAAs in a Leucine heavy 4:1:1 ratio. Leucine is the most important bcaa, and 6 grams is where most BCAA supplements are.

Strength and Endurance: I feel this is the strongest part of the profile. A whopping 4.2 g Beta Alanine, 1.5 g Betaine, 1.5 g carnitine, 1.5 g Creatine HCL, 1 g Taurine. All of these are very well dosed and are all well known ingredients for endurance and strength.

Overall, this is a very impressive, well dosed preworkout aimed to help you in many ways. Some minor tweaks for pump or energy would be my only complaints, but definitely minor. Was eager to give this a shot.

Mixability was great, mixed very easily in my shaker. Dosing is standard, one scoop preworkout. The taste I had was watermelon, and although good, I wouldn't classify it as watermelon. Color was clear when first mixed and then turned yellow, Was more of a tropical taste to it, and I know it's ahrd to cover up all of these ingredients. It tasted good, just a little different.

As I've said a couple times already, this worked really well for me. I'll break it down below:

Energy: Good clean energy, no crash. Definitely not the strongest stim preworkout out there, but that's ok. It gave me enough energy to last throughout my workout and cardio. Solid enough.

Pump: This worked a lot better for me than I thought it would. Maybe the different forms of Citrulline worked better? I had consistent nice pumps on this which is rare for me.

Endurance/Strength: This was by the best part of this workout. Muscles definitely felt less tired near the end of my workouts and I was able to push harder. Creatine helped in this as well with the usual steady strength gains. I felt great all the way through taking this.

Recovery: Not usually an aspect of a preworkout, but I noticed much better recovery with the aminos in this even though I usually use other aminos intra. The extra leucine I feel really helped my cause here.

Overall, this preworkout worked great for me in just about every area. Maybe a weak with the energy, maybe add some mood/nootropics, but those are just stickler complaints. This preworkout was great.

I'm going to cut some clack here with the value, but this is very expensive at $52 for just 20 servings. Now, because this worked great for me it helps the value. Second, you can view this as a 3 in 1 with preworkout, aminos, and creatine. That being said, it's still pretty expensive and probably needs to come down in price to be truly competitive with other great all in ones like Nutrabio, etc.

Side Effects

Conclusion

I had a great run on this and think this is a top tier preworkout if you can afford it.

January 8, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Reduced DOMs
  • Increased Focus

Before I start I want to thank Regicide Supplements for giving me the opportunity to review Regicide Pre-Workout. I was on the lookout for a new pre-workout to try and after looking at the ingredient profile I decided to give it a shot. This was the first time I've heard of Regicide Supplements, the name itself is pretty cool after seeing the definition (Killing of a King).

The ingredient profile is fully transparent and features four main categories. In my opinion each ingredient is dosed solidly giving the user increased strength, energy and focus.

BCAAs 4:!:1 Ratio
- Leucine 4G
- Isoleucine 1G
- Valine 1G

Nitric Oxide Boosters (3 ingredients)
- Citrulline 3G
- Citrulline Malate 1:1 3G
- Agmatine Sulfate 1G

Energy and Endurance Complex (5 ingredients)
- Beta Alanine 4.2G
- Betaine 1.5G
- Creatine HCI 1.5G
- Acetyl L-Carnitine 1.5G
- Taurine 1.5G

Focus Enhancers (4 ingredients)
- N-Acetyl L-Cysteine 1G
- L-Tyrosine 1G
- Caffeine Anhydrous 300mg
- L-Theanine 300mg

In all there is a total of 18 ingredients that are commonly found in pre-workout profiles. The only ingredient that may not be common to some people is N-Acetyl L-Cysteine (NAC): Main substrate for glutathione in the body. Its an important anti-oxidant in the body with positive liver effects. Overall this profile hits on all cylinders.

Taste- For this review I received the Watermelon flavor which seems to be the only one currently available. I thought the flavor tasted like a watermelon jolly rancher. I'd give the flavor an 8/10.

Mixability- You'd think there would be some issue given the serving size (28.5g).... however there wasn't. There was some foaming but that was a given with the added BCAAs but no issues. I didn't see any kind of clumping or settlement during use.

Dosing- This is a true 1 scoop/serving formula! I mixed one scoop with 12 oz of water about 30 min before training.

This was one of the most effective pre-workout products that I have used in some time. It hit on all categories including strength, pumps, focus & energy to include added recovery with the BCAAs.

Pumps - During hyperthrophy sets I had a ballooning effect with my muscles, there were new veins that popped up. I usually don't get good pumps for some reason or another but with Regicide I felt them.

Focus - I was on a mission and nothing was going to stop me from training. Not quite a tunnel vision effect but it was very close.

Energy - The added energy lasted through the end ofI each workout with a crash.

Strength - I felt a nice increase in strength, I was able to push harder which allowed me to increase power.

This was the only negative that I could find. The cheapest value I found was on Amazon for $51.99 compared to the Regicide Website $59.99. Each tub contains 20 servings so your looking at a price of around $2.60 per serving. Now hear me out.... I'm willing to pay up for effective products that use true/proven ingredients however this is a reach for me. Most people aren't going to spend that kind of money on a pre-workout supplement. I'm guessing the price is high due to a variety of different things.

Side Effects

Conclusion

In conclusion Regicide pre-workout is one of the better pre-workout supplements when it comes to ingredients/dosing/effectiveness. However the price really brings it down for me, once the price comes down then look out for Regicide. If price isn't an issue I'd definitely recommend this product, but i know most people don't have $52 just laying around. Once again a big thanks to Regicide Supplements for participating in the SR TROOP Program.
  • Watermelon: 8/10

December 16, 2017

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Reduced DOMs
  • Good Pumps

What's up guys? It's time for the best kind of review; a pre-workout review. I'd like to thank the people at Regicide Supplements and all our great people at SR for making this review possible. This label has a laundry list of great ingredients so I was very excited to dive in.

1 scoop 28.5g
BCAA's: 6 grams TOTAL
Leucine: 4000mg
Isoleucine: 1000mg
Valine: 1000mg
You gotta love the addition of BCAA's to your pre workout product. This enables you to have your recovery/energy drink in one scoop. I love the hefty dose of Leucine at 4000mg.

Nitric Oxide Boosters:
Citrulline: 3000mg
Citrulline Malate: 3000mg
Agmatine Sulfate: 1000mg
Both Citrulline and Citrulline Malate play a role in getting you bigger/better pumps. I can only say positive things about these ingredients totaling up to 6 grams. Agmatine Sulfate also plays a role in nitric oxide levels along with other mental benefits.

Energy and Endurance Complex:
Beta Alanine: 4200mg
This is AMAZING for you tingly junkies. Beta-A in doses at or over 3.2g drive my workouts to new levels allowing me to work harder and longer than without any supplementation. They also supply your face with those wonderful tingly sensations.

Betaine: 1500mg
Like Beta-Alanine, It can also delay muscular fatigue and allow athletes to train harder, for longer.

Creatine HCL: 1500mg
The obvious benefits for strength training and overall bodybuilding style of training.

Acetyl L-Carnytine: 1500mg
shown to be very effective at alleviating the side effects of aging, like neurological decline and chronic fatigue. (usually closer to a 3g dosage).

Taurine: 1000mg
Aids in blood flow and other "pump" properties

Acetyl L-Cysteine:1000mg
Tyrosine: 1000mg
Relives stress and increases mental alertness

300mg Caffeine
Standard energy stimulant

Great promising label, I think that it's very versatile and is trying to be an All-in-One product.

Taste: The watermelon flavor was very solid. It wasn't an overpowering taste, but it also wasn't the best thing I've ever tasted either.

Mixibility: No issues which is great for a scoop of this size.

Dosage: 1 scoop 20-30 mins before my workout was my sweet spot. There was no need to double up on dosages this time around! This part was very simple and effective.

This is where I have rare high praise to bring. The BCAA's actually provided decreased DOMs (usually in products that claim to be 'all in ones' like Shock Therapy the BCAAs don't give any noticeable effects). The pump was actually pretty good. The 6g combined of Citrulline related ingredients made my veins pop even more than usual throughout my entire workout and up to 30 mins after I finished as well. The Beta-Alanine boosted endurance and gave me beautiful tingles that made me basically feel numb to pain. I felt like I was able to push my muscles even harder than usual and those tingles make me go basically "zombie mode" being fazed by nothing and pushing through those extra painful reps at the end of every set. The 300mg of caffeine gave me a good enough jumpstart to my workout to where I didn't feel sluggish after my warm ups.

The lone negative of this product. At $2.60 per serving, this product should definitely be labeled expensive. I wouldn't be able to afford this product on a monthly basis.

Side Effects

No negatives, only Beta-A tingles

Conclusion

This is a high class product with a high class price tag. If money was no object I would be automatically sold!