Muscle Fiber Reviews

By: FINAFLEX

Overall
Overall
Thanks to FINAFLEX for sending it out!
  April 23, 2015

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Vastly Improved GI Health
  • Fully Dosed Ingredients
  • Easy To Measure
  • No Taste
  • Helped IBS

Huge thanks to Finaflex for letting me try this, sending me an awesome tee and making me fall in love with their line of products!
    I've had years of GI issues, and diagnosed with IBS a few months ago. I have tried nearly every fiber on the market, some other OTC GI products, as well as prescriptions for 'regularity' and found either little relief or nasty side effects that made me not want to take them. My diet consists of at least 25-30+ grams dietary fiber per day, is also high protein, and I figured why not give this Finaflex Muscle Fiber a try.

7.5/10
    The ingredient profile is full disclosed (copied from Finaflex's website):
    Supplement Facts
    Serving Size: 1 Scoop (7.5 grams)
    Servings Per Container: 60
    L-Glutamine 5g **
    **Daily Value not Established
    † Daily Value Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
    Other Ingredients: Silica

This did last me the 60 servings as promised. One level scoop was 7.5-8grams weighed out on a scale, which made it easy to measure out and add into things (I frequently am away from full containers and have to brings things in smaller containers and weigh them out without the provided scoopers). The 3gram dietary and soluble fibers looks similar to "Benefiber" - a popular tasteless, sugar-free, wheat dextrin based, natural soluble fiber on the market (unlike the psyllium husk based, "Metamucil" type that does gel up).

The Vitamin D and glutamine were nice extras that I thought "Why not?" for overall health and supporting muscular growth and recovery I liked to see this addition in the product.

The FOS was something that really caught my eye, as the types of fibers themselves have not really provided me with the type of regularity and relief I would like to get from a fiber supplement. I also like the idea of a "pre-biotic" in my GI supplement, to potentially promote happy gut flora and I ignored all the nay-sayers that argue this can also create a nice environment for undesirable bacterial strains to flourish within one's gut as all.

The label is catchy, and straightforward = I like.
    The Finaflex website totes some explanation of the product label that has weird characters in the text and is kind of confusing to read = don't like.

This product needs to be well-mixed into a non-carbonated beverage. It is as tasteless as any powdered substance can be. I tended to mix it in with tea or blended into my post workout shake for ease. It never affected the taste of anything I drank.
    It needs to be mixed fairly well, as do most glutamine and fibers supplements I have used, so expect to swirl it around for a while. It does not mix well in heated beverages.
    Dosing was very straightforward and easy. For me I stuck with the one level scoop/day, as I found this to be effective enough and I really wanted to give the product enough time to judge how well it worked after chronic usage. I have skinnier fingers/hands than the average guy using this, so I did not have any issues getting the scooper to the bottom of the container as some other users have mentioned.

8.8/10
    This product blew my mind as far as effectiveness is concerned. I expected it to make no difference in my overall digestive health, similar to other fibers (Specifically Benefiber, which I think the fiber types from this product most closely resemble). I found what I would call an overall 75% improvement to my GI health and regularity with this. Many women tend to have issues with frequency (going enough), and add an extreme high-protein diet and stress on top of that, the gut tends to give me a lot of trouble (oh and my IBS). I found that I was less bloated feeling, went more regularly and things really didn't go in the other direction of going too frequently, which is a concern of having too much fiber for me.

The only thing I truly attribute this to is potentially the FOS, as I have taken fiber by itsself, and use glutamine in my protein supplements, as well as standalone powder, and I also take Vit. D before bed every night. The FOS I get in my diet from food would by the only form I took in prior to using this supplement.

I waited a few weeks after I stopped taking this fiber to write the review and really see how things went, and I have notice an increase in issues with my bloated/gassy feeling and regularity. This clearly worked for me!

8.0/10
    On their website a 60 scoop bottle goes for $46.95. Other online retailers have it around $20. I was unable to find this in store at any major supplement retailer in my area, so with the average flat rate shipping of $5.95. (total $25.95 = 43 cents per serving). To me this is completely worth the money, especially compared to OTC fiber products on the market (this is very comparable in price). I also have looked into buy just FOS by itself, but that seems like entirely too much of a hassle, so I am just going to keep buying Muscle Fiber.

Side Effects

Conclusion

This worked much better than expected for me (which is great when the specialists can't offer anything for reliable digestive aid!) And I highly recommend it for anyone that is looking for a fiber supplement to add the their stack. The Finaflex "freak" tee is also currently one of my favorites.