Muscle Fiber Reviews

By: FINAFLEX

FORUM TOPICS
Muscle Fiber is a Digestive Health Product manufactured by FINAFLEX. It helps the body to regulate and maintain a healthy digestive function state.

9.1
  July 5, 2016

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Fully Dosed Ingredients
  • Vastly Improved GI Health
  • No Taste
  • Boosted Recovery
  • Great Value
  • Helped IBS
  • Needs A Better Scooper With A Longer Handle

Now I found out about this while I was searching for a basic glutamine product, and this caught my eye. I know some people don't like the packaging, but it really stands out to me and if not for that I prolly would have browsed right over it, so props to finaflex on that.

The profile couldn't get much simpler, gotta love it.

5g of glutamine - good dose for recovery, at 2 scoops it is perfect for me. also helps this product appeal to weightlifters!

2.5g fiber (FOS) - The fiber helps with bowel movements. This fiber in particular is an insoluble fiber that is nondependent and safe to take on a daily basis, so they really hit it on the money here.

This is flavorless, and holds true to that. I would always add it into a 12oz Gatorade and drink it immediately after a workout. It'd mix in well, usually better if the drink wasn't cold when I added it, but either way just get to shaking and it all dissolves perfectly. I'd mix in 1 scoop generally, 2 days if I know I killed it and wanted that extra glutamine so I wouldn't feel like I got hit by a truck.

The effectiveness of this is what got me hooked. I use fiber supplements as a standalone, but the combination of this really got me to try it. So anyway, I'd use the restroom maybe once every 2-3 days, and struggled with BM regularity. This product helped me tremendously. I got into a routine of lifting, getting home and drinking this, cook dinner, and before I went to sleep I was on the toilet. The regularity of my bowels also helped a lot in the gym as it helped a bit with ridding bloat which for me is a workout killer.

you can pick up 60 servings for right under $20, and even 2 scooping it comes out to less than $1 per serving, I love this value. And as somebody who had to buy fiber supplements anyway, it makes the value better.

Side Effects

Absolutely no side effects from this, aside from what I was wanting it to do. lol

Conclusion

Whether you're a lifter or not, this a great supplement to give a chance. And if you struggle with bowel movements, YOU NEED THIS. I can't express enough how much this has actually helped me, it exceeded every expectation. One of the best products I've ever had the pleasure of trying, and one i'll be using for a while!

October 10, 2015

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Vastly Improved GI Health
  • Versatile
  • Fully Dosed Ingredients
  • Easy To Measure
  • No Taste
  • Boosted Recovery
  • Great Value

As always, first off, thank you to supplementreviews.com TROOP program and Finaflex for providing me with this product in exchange for an honest review.

I feel digestive health is something that should be very important to anyone who is living an active lifestyle. It is important to have everything working properly so that you can absorb as much nutrients as possible from your foods and supplements. Unfortunately for me, this has always been a bit of an issue. I grabbed this product because I had seen some other good reviews on it and I'm always looking for something to help.

Despite eating quite healthy and getting lots of fiber through whole foods my digestive tract has always has issues. For many years now my regular pattern is I don't go to the bathroom for 3-5 days and then when I do go I'm often in the bathroom 3-4 times a day with diarrhea. It gets even worse when I travel. Sometimes I don't go for over a week. In addition, I almost always have very bad flatulence. It really doesn't seem to matter what I eat; it happens with all food groups whether I eat super healthy or junk. There doesn't seem to be a trigger for it from any particular foods or supplements. I get plenty of fiber through whole foods so that is not the issue and I have tried probiotics to no avail. I have about given up at this point and just accepted living with it. Enough doom and gloom. Let's talk about Muscle Fiber!

This is a simple profile with fully disclosed ingredients. I like simple! Per scoop you get 2.5g of soluble fiber from Fructooligosaccharides (FOS), 5g Glutamine and 500IU Vitamin D-3.

FOS is a type of prebiotic soluble fiber. Soluble fiber partially breaks down in water and is much gentler than insoluble fiber. It's also safe to take every day and you won't become dependent on it, like insoluble fiber such as Psyllium Seed (Metamucil) will. I'm sure everyone has met that old person in their life that cant poop without their Metamucil. That is because years of using it has made their body dependent on it. Soluble fiber is a much better alternative if you truly want to get more fiber safely. Prebiotic fiber is cool because it basically helps feed the probiotic bacteria that live in your gut to keep them healthy.

I like the 5g of Glutamine in here too. It's a simple addition to make this product even more applicable to someone engaged in weight training. Anything that might help recovery is appreciated.

Vitamin D-3 I can take or leave but most people are low and you can't really overdose on it unless you try to. So I have no complaints about it's inclusion.

This product mixes clear and perfect in anything you throw it into; even cold liquids! I was very impressed with the mixability! I mixed it into protein shakes and BCAAs mostly, but even just into water is fine. It truly has no taste which is awesome. I averaged 1-2 scoops a day depending on my fiber intake. I was using a high fiber shake for breakfast and Quest Bars as well so some days I had to watch it. Too much fiber is not a good thing!

This product helped with my symptoms. It did not cure them but I'd say they were about 50% better. It did not seem to help me go more frequently, but it did seem to clear up most of the diarrhea. In addition to that, I did notice a small amount of increased recovery that I can attribute to the Glutamine, as I wasn't taking anything else out of my normal staples at the time. Overall I was really impressed.

This product is a great value at $20-23 for 60 servings. At less than 40 cents a serving that's awesome for a product that worked well.

Side Effects

Conclusion

Most of the time products are a let down from expectations. This one was the other way around. I really didn't expect much and it really made a positive difference in my health. That's a cool thing and a nice change from usual. If you have digestive problems or are just looking for a great way to get more fiber in your diet I highly recommend Finaflex's Muscle Fiber!

THANK YOU!

September 11, 2015

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Possible Boost To Recovery
    • Versatile
    • Fully Dosed Ingredients
    • Easy To Measure
    • No Taste
    • Disappears Fast At Higher Doses
    • Needs A Better Scooper With A Longer Handle

A special thanks to Finaflex for supplying the TROOPS with Muscle Fiber (MF) to try out. Muscle Fiber is a specialized fiber supplement designed to promote digestive regularity, improve muscle recovery, and help improve overall gut health. Gut health is critical to anyone who is serious about fitness since the gut is where vital nutrient absorption takes place among other digestive processes. Furthermore, having an unhealthy gut can be detrimental to overall well-being and general health status. Lastly, for some of us certain supplements can throw our regularity off whack causing us to feel bloated, constipated, and lethargic due to a disruption in nutrient absorption that gut irritations may cause. Fortunately, MF comes formulated with fiber sources and other ingredients to help remedy these problems and improve gut health.

Each scoop of Muscle Fiber provides a total of 6g of fiber, 3 of which are dietary and the other 3 soluble. There is also 500 IU of vitamin D3, 5g of glutamine, and 2.5g of a unique ingredient called fructooligosaccharide.

Many of us are already well aware what fiber generally is and the differentiation of the two types. Soluble fiber dissolves in water, slows stomach emptying, has a slowing effect on glucose absorption, has prebiotic properties, and has cholesterol lowing properties. Insoluble fiber bulks up stools, helps regulate blood glucose, and speeds the passage of stools from the intestine. Both types of fiber also play roles in nutrient absorption, satiety, intestinal pH balance, and the elimination of residual wastes from the intestinal tract. Needless to say, fiber is important to our general health.

I did not know much about the premier ingredient fructooligosaccharide, but after doing a little research I was able to gather some viable info. FOS helps improve gut health by acting as a substrate for the naturally occurring microflora in our gut. As many of us know, the microflora in our intestines play major roles in nutrient absorption and overall immune system function. By actin as a substrate, FOS promotes the growth and action of the microflora, thus directly helping to improve the functionality of the intestines.

The addition of glutamine and D3 are nice bonuses and I believe the glutamine in particular helped greatly in muscle recovery.

The powder is flavorless and dissolves easily in water or any other kind of beverage you may use. I've used it in plain water, gatorade, powerade, and have mixed it protein shakes at times. You barely notice any difference in the taste or consistency of any liquid you may use.

The label recommends using up to 4 servings a day. Me personally because I get a majority of my fiber requirements through my diet, I stuck to using only two servings a day. It seemed plenty sufficient enough for me in order to notice an improvement in my regularity. The increased glutamine and D3 supplementation had their own benefits as well which I will discuss into detail in the effectiveness section.

I normally don't have any critical issues with my regularity and have frequent normal bowel movements on a consistent basis. However, at times a high protein intake and some supplements can occasionally throw my regularity off balance causing some noticeable bloating and gas. I've never has a critical issue with constipation from a supplement, but any kind of disruption in regularity can be discomforting. With the MF, I found that my regularity was kept in tact and I experienced an improvement in bowel frequency and a drastic reduction in any kind of occasional gas and bloating. I also wasn't having anymore of those bothersome intra workout urges where out of nowhere I would have to hit the can due to a need to evacuate. With MF, I was able to have consistent bowel movements that left me plenty relieved in order to focuse primarily on my workouts without interruption. In addition, I was less bloated and gassy throughout the day in general and that is always a good thing especially when you're a college student. Lastly, the glutamine helped give my muscle recovery a good boost, helping to keep the DOMS at bay.

I've seen a full 60 serving tub go for as low as 20 dollars to about 26 dollars at most retailers. For the effectiveness and benefits, I'd say that this is definitely a fair price. One thing to keep in mind though is that it could be a little expensive if you use more frequent servings than two. If you were to use a max 4 servings on a consistent basis, the tub would last only 15 days, leaving shelling out some extra cash for another tub if you wish to continue using it. Still, I think it is worth the investment if you are stringent on your fiber intake given that some OTC fiber supplements can run around the same price. Overall, a good value, but always look out for sales.

Side Effects

Conclusion

To summarize, MF was an effective supplement that most definitely helped in both regularity and recovery. Provided you've got a clean diet with all of your nutritional necessities met, MF is a great way for you to supplement your fiber intake and keep your plumbing working properly.

WARMACHINE OUT!!!

GO PATS!!!

April 23, 2015

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Vastly Improved GI Health
    • Fully Dosed Ingredients
    • Easy To Measure
    • No Taste
    • Helped IBS

Huge thanks to Finaflex for letting me try this, sending me an awesome tee and making me fall in love with their line of products!
      I've had years of GI issues, and diagnosed with IBS a few months ago. I have tried nearly every fiber on the market, some other OTC GI products, as well as prescriptions for 'regularity' and found either little relief or nasty side effects that made me not want to take them. My diet consists of at least 25-30+ grams dietary fiber per day, is also high protein, and I figured why not give this Finaflex Muscle Fiber a try.

7.5/10
      The ingredient profile is full disclosed (copied from Finaflex's website):
      Supplement Facts
      Serving Size: 1 Scoop (7.5 grams)
      Servings Per Container: 60
      L-Glutamine 5g **
      **Daily Value not Established
      † Daily Value Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
      Other Ingredients: Silica

This did last me the 60 servings as promised. One level scoop was 7.5-8grams weighed out on a scale, which made it easy to measure out and add into things (I frequently am away from full containers and have to brings things in smaller containers and weigh them out without the provided scoopers). The 3gram dietary and soluble fibers looks similar to "Benefiber" - a popular tasteless, sugar-free, wheat dextrin based, natural soluble fiber on the market (unlike the psyllium husk based, "Metamucil" type that does gel up).

The Vitamin D and glutamine were nice extras that I thought "Why not?" for overall health and supporting muscular growth and recovery I liked to see this addition in the product.

The FOS was something that really caught my eye, as the types of fibers themselves have not really provided me with the type of regularity and relief I would like to get from a fiber supplement. I also like the idea of a "pre-biotic" in my GI supplement, to potentially promote happy gut flora and I ignored all the nay-sayers that argue this can also create a nice environment for undesirable bacterial strains to flourish within one's gut as all.

The label is catchy, and straightforward = I like.
      The Finaflex website totes some explanation of the product label that has weird characters in the text and is kind of confusing to read = don't like.

This product needs to be well-mixed into a non-carbonated beverage. It is as tasteless as any powdered substance can be. I tended to mix it in with tea or blended into my post workout shake for ease. It never affected the taste of anything I drank.
      It needs to be mixed fairly well, as do most glutamine and fibers supplements I have used, so expect to swirl it around for a while. It does not mix well in heated beverages.
      Dosing was very straightforward and easy. For me I stuck with the one level scoop/day, as I found this to be effective enough and I really wanted to give the product enough time to judge how well it worked after chronic usage. I have skinnier fingers/hands than the average guy using this, so I did not have any issues getting the scooper to the bottom of the container as some other users have mentioned.

8.8/10
      This product blew my mind as far as effectiveness is concerned. I expected it to make no difference in my overall digestive health, similar to other fibers (Specifically Benefiber, which I think the fiber types from this product most closely resemble). I found what I would call an overall 75% improvement to my GI health and regularity with this. Many women tend to have issues with frequency (going enough), and add an extreme high-protein diet and stress on top of that, the gut tends to give me a lot of trouble (oh and my IBS). I found that I was less bloated feeling, went more regularly and things really didn't go in the other direction of going too frequently, which is a concern of having too much fiber for me.

The only thing I truly attribute this to is potentially the FOS, as I have taken fiber by itsself, and use glutamine in my protein supplements, as well as standalone powder, and I also take Vit. D before bed every night. The FOS I get in my diet from food would by the only form I took in prior to using this supplement.

I waited a few weeks after I stopped taking this fiber to write the review and really see how things went, and I have notice an increase in issues with my bloated/gassy feeling and regularity. This clearly worked for me!

8.0/10
      On their website a 60 scoop bottle goes for $46.95. Other online retailers have it around $20. I was unable to find this in store at any major supplement retailer in my area, so with the average flat rate shipping of $5.95. (total $25.95 = 43 cents per serving). To me this is completely worth the money, especially compared to OTC fiber products on the market (this is very comparable in price). I also have looked into buy just FOS by itself, but that seems like entirely too much of a hassle, so I am just going to keep buying Muscle Fiber.

Side Effects

Conclusion

This worked much better than expected for me (which is great when the specialists can't offer anything for reliable digestive aid!) And I highly recommend it for anyone that is looking for a fiber supplement to add the their stack. The Finaflex "freak" tee is also currently one of my favorites.

February 25, 2015

Pros:
       Cons:
      • Vastly Improved GI Health
      • Possible Boost To Recovery
      • Versatile
      • Fully Dosed Ingredients
      • Needs A Better Scooper With A Longer Handle
      Alright guys and gals, it's been a while since I've done a review (Just about 8 months!) so I'm just going to jump right into it. This one is for a product that I enjoyed using and I feel anyone can fit into their supplement stack: Finaflex Muscle Fiber

Profile: (9/10)

It's very simple and straightforward, and is as follows:

3g Soluble Fiber

500 IU Vitamin D3

2.5g Fructooligosaccharide (FOS for short)

5g L-Glutamine

And that's it! This one really speaks for itself with ingredients most of us are familiar with. If you're looking for a product to help maintain GI health (Thanks to the FOS and Soluble Fiber) and improve recovery (with the help of one of our favorite aminos, L-Glutamine), then this is a product I'd recommend. All of the doses are for one level scoop and even then they are all at efficacious amounts. I personally used 2 scoops at a time.

The type of fiber Finaflex uses here is the soluble form, which means it dissolves in water. This type of fiber has an advantage over insoluble fiber in the sense that it attracts water and forms a gel-like substance, which will lead to slower digestion and possibly a positive effect on insulin sensitivity. If you're looking to feel more full throughout the day in addition to the aforementioned recovery, this product can help in that regard as well! All of these benefits in a single scoop. Good stuff.

Effectiveness: (8.5/10)

It does what it says it will do and what it's supposed to do, so of course it's going to get good marks. Many people don't realize the importance of getting enough fiber in their diets. I'm always looking for quick and easy ways to add more to mine, and with the added L-Glutamine, there was almost no way I was going to be disappointed by this one.

Now that it has been several weeks since I've used Muscle Fiber last, I can definitely say that my recovery was better when I was using it and my bowel movements were healthier as well. With such a straightforward profile and purpose, it didn't leave much room for me to be expecting results other than what they advertised, and as such, I think they nailed this one right on the head.

Taste/Dosing: (10/10)

Muscle Fiber was perfect for me in this regard. I never mixed it with anything other than protein or BCAAs and I never noticed a difference in taste, texture or color. Muscle Fiber blended in completely with whatever I used it with, all without me noticing. I'm sure it would be a different story if I had used just water, but I never felt the need to do that. It's a very versatile product which makes it that much more appealing in my book.

Value: (9/10)

It presents good value depending on how you perceive a product like this. You could always just get more fiber through different foods, but with Muscle Fiber you pay for convenience, versatility and the extra goodies such as L-Glutamine. For that, I think 60 one scoop servings for around $20 dollars is a great value. Even at 2 scoops a day, this is less than $1 per month which makes it well worth a try in my opinion.

Overall: (8.8/10)

I enjoyed using Muscle Fiber and I definitely intend to use it again in the future. Again, this product is all about convenience and versatility for me. Improved recovery and GI health for less than $1 per day makes it a product I would definitely recommend to everyone.

October 25, 2014

Pros:
       Cons:
      • Vastly Improved GI Health
      • Possible Boost To Recovery
      • Gas And Bloating
      • Container Design
      • Needs A Better Scooper With A Longer Handle
      Thanks to the gents at finaflex who took care of me by letting me run this as a log. I just finished a nutrition class last month and one of the sections that we touched on was fiber and its importance in the body. Oddly enough the next day I came across the contest for muscle fiber and thought I’d give it a shot.

Muscle fiber has a simple but interesting profile so I jumped at the chance to sample something new.
      I have experience with digestive enzymes, pro & prebiotics but have never run a fiber supplement before. I have had limited success using l-glutamine in the past, it seemed to only work well for me when I tripled the dosage.

What is fiber?
      Fibers are substances in food (essentially from plants) that are not broken down by the digestive processes that take place in the stomach or small intestine. Muscle fiber features both kinds of fiber soluble and dietary or insoluble fiber. Fiber that is soluble in water (dissolves in water), adds bulk to stools; dietary or insoluble fiber aids in the increased transit time of fiber through the digestive system.

Why is fiber important and what can it do for you?
      Fiber isn’t digestible by the human body so it acts as a broom sweeping up the poorly digested foods and waste throughout your digestive tract. Fiber keeps our intestines physically fit, without fiber in our diets undigested food can accumulate and cause constipation and other digestive problems. Another reason why fiber is important is that it can reduce colon cancer risks, constipation, hemorrhoids and minimizes the absorption of sugars which helps folks with diabetes.

Dosing & FLAVOR
      Whenever I start a new product I strictly follow the directions on the label. The label instructs 1 – 4 scoops a day. Every dose consumed of muscle fiber was combined with a protein shake.

1st week I stayed at one scoop- effects were slight but my deuces were larger, no improved recovery

2nd week upped to two scoops – My recovery seemed to improve slightly and I was only having one duce a day. My pre-workouts normally have me running to the rest room during warm ups. That didn’t change but with muscle fiber they were solid so I had that going for me.

3rd I stayed at 3 scoops, same results as week two, maybe slightly better recovery

4th week I went to four scoops but only for 3 days. I didn’t like the excess gas so I dropped back down to 2 scoops a day for the remainder of the tub.
      I did go 3 days without any supplements or muscle fiber but that was only because I was on a mini vacation.
      Over all dosing was easy, no real flavor or taste and it mixed easily in my shake.

Profile
      1 scoop provides
      5 calories
      3 carbs
      6 grams of fiber
      500 iu of vitamin D3
      2.5 grams of fructooligosaccharide (carbohydrate, chemically derived from vegetables that mimics insulin and acts as a prebiotic)
      5 grams of L-glutamine

This seems a little under dosed to me on L-glutamine (but it has never really worked for me in the past so no big letdown for me). However, it worked really well for me only using 2 scoops. 4 scoops was too much distress on my bowels so I stuck with 2 scoops for the majority of the bottle. Recommended daily fiber intake should be at least 25 grams a day, with some doctors recommending up to 45 grams a day.

I found Muscle fiber on-line for $30. With 60 servings in a bottle at 2 scoops a day it turns out to be a pretty good deal at $.50 a day. I’ve never taken another fiber product before so I don’t have a whole lot to compare it too. $30 is usually my breaking point for most non staple supplements, this fell right on the money.

Results
      I hit several PR’s this past month. As a disclaimer, I was running a few other quality products too. I did feel better and just generally healthier. I wasn't dropping 3 or 4 deuces a day like I normally would but the ones I laid down were monsters. My recovery has always been hit in miss, simply because of my schedule and training flow. I do think this helped with recovery but nothing that knocked my socks off.

Final
      I’m going to give this product another whirl in the near future. This product is a true dietary supplement. With all the crazy diets that we run, fiber is one category that is rarely mentioned. If you on a high protein diet, chances are that you’re not getting enough fiber in your diet. This could be your easy solution.
      I’m not sure if it will become a staple in my daily stack but I liked the results it provided. And the moral of this story is one big deuce a day beats several smaller ones.

October 18, 2014

Pros:
       Cons:
      • Vastly Improved GI Health
      • Possible Boost To Recovery
      • Versatile
      • Fully Dosed Ingredients
        Big thanks to Snagency and Finaflex for giving me a shot to log this product. My log was subpar for my standards due to some moving problems, but hopefully not too too bad. I will do my review overall and then at the end post the FINAFLEX guideline review they asked for

Ingredients-10
        Bosox did a good job going over the ingredients, and I agree with what all he said. For this product it seems they dosed everything accordingly as to what you would need.

Taste-10
        I mixed this with water, BCAAs, protein, and a energy drink supplement. It was great in all of them its about as close as tasteless as you can get. Or as close as ive seen. The only liquid where you could even tell there was anything added was water and that's because it made it a little bit cloudy and gave it a slight sweet tang to it but not unpleasant at all.

Effectiveness-10
        Now ive always had some GI digestive issues, my Dr. thinks I have something wrong such as IBS or Crohns but at the moment my finances and lack of insurance don't allow me to get the necessary tests done to confirm. For this reason I have looked at these kinds of supplements a lot here recently and jumped at this one. It more than met my expectations. Like Bosox said with his experience, I started to go once a day maybe twice a day occasionally and that was it, my system was clean and my stomach wasn't in knots all day. As to the muscle building aspect I got a little stronger but I cant attribute that to just this. The glutamine is a great addition because most of the BCAAs I use don't include it in there and I really enjoy supplementing glutamine for muscle soreness and immune system boost.

Side Effects-0.5
        The only remote side I saw the entire run was the 1st 2 days I had some bad gas but that quickly went away.

Value-9
        If you take this twice a day you get 30 servings of fiber plus 10 grams of glutamine a day for around 25-30$$ As well as this worked for me I have no problem spending what is asked for this on most sites.

Overall- Great product, when I 1st looked at the profile it looked simple, but it performed and lived up to the claims, highly recommended...

Now for FINAFLEXs review they asked for

1=Strongly Disagree; 2 = Disagree; 3 = Neutral; 4 = Agree; 5 = Strongly Agree.

Feel free to elaborate on any of these areas, as well as any additional comments you have that would be beneficial to your review.

Muscle Fiber
        1) This product improved my recovery…3
        2) This product improved my sense of well-being…5
        3) This product had a positive effect on my digestive system…5
        4) This product improved my overall physical performance, including endurance&stamina;.4

October 17, 2014

Pros:
         Cons:
        • Vastly Improved GI Health
        • Possible Boost To Recovery
        • Versatile
        • Fully Dosed Ingredients
        • Disappears Fast At Higher Doses
        • Gas And Bloating
        • Container Design
        I want to begin by thanking Snagency and the folks at Finaflex for giving me a shot at logging their new product, Muscle Fiber. This is the “maiden voyage” of what I hope will be many official product logs and reviews.

As displayed on the product packaging, “Muscle Fiber by Finaflex combines a blend of two muscle preserving and strengthening ingredients with a Prebiotic Soluble Fiber. Muscle Fiber features two categories of ingredients that are often taken separately into one complete and novel dietary supplement.” Sounds like a win to me. Product claims include preventing muscle breakdown, increasing muscle strength, and making fiber intake easier. Let’s dig in…

INGREDIENTS: A

Serving Size: 1 Scoop (7.5 grams)
        Servings Per Container: 60
        Total Carbs 3g
        Dietary Fiber 3g
        Soluble Fiber 3g
        Vitmain D3 500 IU
        Fructooligosaccharide 2.5g
        L-Glutamine 5g
        Other Ingredients: Silica

This is a simple product with a clearly defined purpose. The benefits of each ingredient are well-documented, and even at 1 scoop/day the doses are clinically effective. Glutamine and D3 both aid in various bodily processes, and FOS is a unique prebiotic agent with many benefits aside from digestive health. What MF is supposed to do, matches perfectly with what’s in it.

TASTE/DOSING: A-

The powder is unflavored, but not tasteless. FOS is a mild sweetener and it shows when mixed with water. There’s nothing unpleasant about it, though it doesn’t “mesh” particularly well with certain beverages (e.g. I didn’t like it in my coffee, which I usually take black). When mixed with any number of other supps, like BCAAs or protein, the subtle taste is unnoticeable. This makes it extremely versatile. It also dissolves very well when stirred, as the directions indicate. If not drunk immediately, however, the powder does tend to fall out of solution and settle at the bottom. Not a big deal, as the concentrated paste is actually quite tasty. In a blender bottle, it mixes fully – you won’t even know it’s there.

The amount taken daily will depend heavily upon your needs. If you already take a multi and BCAA supplement, you likely won’t need the extra glutamine or D3. But if you’re taking other supplements that mess with your GI health, as I was, you may up your dosage for more FOS. Since this is so versatile, it isn’t hard to find the time or place to take it, so the maximum dosage of 4 scoops/day really isn’t overbearing.

One thing I do want to mention is that the tub is way too skinny. Once I was about half way through it, I couldn’t fit my hand in to get the scoop easily. To their credit, as I understand it, Finaflex was already working on correcting this when I mentioned it. A minor inconvenience.

EFFECTIVENESS: A

This drastically improved my GI health and regularity, which was a much needed change in light of the side effects I was experiencing from some other supplements. I went from going twice, sometimes 3 times a day at unexpected intervals, to one large, triumphant morning elimination. Consistency was also, well, consistent. I no longer lived in fear of wandering too far from a bathroom. I could trust my farts again.

I can’t overstate how much I needed this product when I got it. If any of your supplements give you issues, as many pre-workouts, test boosters, thermogenics, protein powders, carb supps, etc. tend to do, this will help you. This did even more for me than daily intake of acidophilus and Greek yogurt.

My recovery might also have been quicker while on this. Vitamin D3 and Glutamine could both be credited with that effect. D3 and FOS have also been shown to increase absorption of many important nutrients, so that can’t be dismissed.

SIDE EFFECTS: B

The best part about this is also the worst part. What I mean by that is, while it helped with regularity and consistency, it SEVERELY altered and intensified odor. Just like I could depend on the morning movement, evening flatulence was an equally regular occurrence (much to the chagrin of my poor wife). I admit, I let the dog take the blame for some of my worse gaseous deposits, but what could I do when they smelled like a dog's anyway? And a dead one at that. This change, I gather, is due to the gaseous and acidic byproducts of FOS metabolism by gut bacteria; a tolerable effect in light of this product’s benefits, but still quite pungent.

Also, because my bathroom visits were less frequent, I would tend to feel “heavy” and bloated at times. Thankfully, this only became noticeable into the evening hours when it didn’t matter much. But if you were to try lifting while this bloat and heaviness were present, it might become bothersome. I was lucky enough to have a perfectly timed “cycle” for my schedule.

VALUE: B-
        At best, Muscle Fiber seems to hover in the $25-30 range with most third party suppliers. Whether or not this is a good price depends heavily upon how badly you need it, and how many servings you take per day. In the state I was in before I got Muscle Fiber, this is a price I would readily pay for the relief I saw.

Granted, I took 4 scoops/day on most days to make darn sure I would stave off those squirts, and at that clip it would only last a little over two weeks. But I imagine most people would do well in the 1-2 scoop range, which would be well over a month’s worth of product.

Still, with how cheap these ingredients can be in bulk (even at high quality) I can’t justify giving too high a grade here. The value in my eyes is above average, but not great, especially considering how quickly one could go through a tub at the high end of the recommended dose.

OVERALL: B+/A-

Here I will implement Finaflex’s requested rating scale (1=Strongly Disagree, 2=Disagree, 3=Neutral, 4=Agree, 5=Strongly Agree).

1) This product improved my recovery: (3) – I thought at first that the additional ingredients were helping in this area, but I began to change my mind after continued use. Plausible, but not easily discernible.

2) This product improved my sense of well-being: (4) – At the very least, GI regularity made me a much happier man. The extra kick of Vitamin D may have had something to do with this as well, but that’s hard to say.

3) This product had a positive effect on my digestive system: (5) – Absolutely. Muscle Fiber made me the conductor of my GI train, whereas before I felt like Chris Pine in Unstoppable (i.e. if I don’t do something soon, people will die).

4) This product improved my overall physical performance, including endurance and stamina: (3) – Like item 1, this is possible due to additional ingredients, but on top of my other supps they were more likely superfluous.

5) I really enjoyed this product and would recommend it to friends and family: (4) – This can make a big difference for anyone struggling with GI regularity, even more so than the typical remedies. It might not be necessary for everybody, but it seemed to be for me.

This is a solid product from a solid brand that does what it says it will do. It contains a unique blend of very beneficial ingredients, and I saw a great deal of success in the areas it is meant to improve. I would like to see a container redesign, both in shape and size, to have a more cost-effective option for someone who might need a bit more of this than the average consumer. In summary, this is a product I would use again and recommend to others. I think Finaflex has done a great job bolstering dietary fiber, the unsung hero of the supplement market.

Thanks for reading, everybody!