Tango Reviews

By: Redcon1

Overall
Overall
Thanks to Redcon1 for sending it out!
  September 6, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • 7g Creatine Per Dose
  • Good Ingredient Profile
  • Muscle Fullness
  • Awesome Recovery
  • Woah Those Pumps

First off I want to thank Redcon1 for letting us troopers have the chance to give this product a try. This had been a product I have wanted to try for awhile now and was hoping it would show up on the trooper list and it finally did. I was in the need of some more creatine since I had been off creatine for awhile and had been wanting to get back on it again. So the thought of being back on creatine again got me feeling excited again. Just the difference being on creatine again really makes my workouts that much better and more enjoyable.

I think the ingredient profile for this is pretty good. You get a total of 7g of creatine. 5g of that is mono and 1g of HCL and 1g of Magnapower. How the other two types of creatine worked and helped me was a little hard to tell just because it's such a low amount they use. I would say they are more of a bonus to have along with the mono. Also they thrown in a few other goodies like Betaine Anhydrous at 1g, Taurine at 1g, and L-Ornithine L-Aspartate at 1g.
    Creatine Monohydrate (5g): Monohydrate is the most universally accepted form of creatine, it's the most basic and to most people seems to yield the best results with almost no negativity attached to it's name. Playing a massive role in increasing protein synthesis, creatines biggest role is cell volumization within the muscle or in other words, increasing the amount of water volume which can play a massive role in muscle building and strength increases. Redcon1 nails it on the head here with a perfect 5g, the recommended dosing of creatine monohydrate.

Betaine Anhydrous (2.5g): Studies showed Betaine Anhydrous playing a large role in strength increases in all subjects using 1.25g dosages, and it did that by not only increasing protein synthesis but also increasing the bodies natural ability to create creatine. These studies also showed all test subjects taking Betaine post-workout, which makes this added ingredient a key role in the overall effects of Tango.

Creatine HCL (1g): Another widely used form of creatine, HCL is a widely much more absorbed form of creatine. With a proven faster absorption rate than any other form on the market, and dosed at a much lower amount, it seems to be just as high up there in effectiveness as your typical Monohydrate, and tossing a gram into this creatine based post-workout is a nice touch to boost absorption in the body.

Creatine MagnaPower (1g): In much simpler terms, it's creatine binded with magnesium. This binding with magnesium can actually allow for further ATP production within the muscle, being proven to allow for bigger muscular pumps & contractions than any other form of creatine. As a fun little bonus, Magnapower also increases carb metabolism, meaning that insanely needed post-workout meal has the potential to be absorbed better and actually put those carbs to good use.

Taurine (1g): Taurine, as we all know, is an amino acid mainly shown to increase cell volumization, which lends a huge hand to muscle recovery and an increase in nitrix oxide, aka, blood flow. Working hand in hand with creatine & glutamine to pull more water into the muscle, teaming it up with all of the creatine in Tango can increase muscle size and muscular pump.

L-Ornithine L-Aspartate (1g): Acting as a pre-cursor to nitric oxide, this combination of amino acids increase blood flow to the muscles and can play a huge role in muscle pump and recovery.

I had the grape flavor. I thought it has that nice grape flavor to it. Nothing to overly strong. It reminded me more of that candy grape you get or maybe a grape popsicle. Not was not to overly sweet or tart at all which was nice.

Had no real major issues with this mixing up. If you leave it sit to long it will get some sediment on the bottom of your shaker bottle but that's easy to fix with a few extra shake of the bottle. Also there was some little piece left over of the sides of my shaker bottle but easy to fix with a little extra water.

They say to use this post workout but could be used pretty much anytime during the day you wanted. I would do one scoop with my pre-workout and that is when I would use this. It says on the label to use up to two scoops per day but I feel there is no need at all to do more than one scoop per day.

It had been awhile since I used any creatine and was pretty excited to get back on this again. Every time I have been off creatine for awhile and then start up again I usually get some pretty good results from it like good strength gains and my over all performance and how I feel in the gym is a lot better. Since it had been awhile since I last used any kind of creatine I noticed this took me about a week before I could really start to tell this starting to work for me. After that first week of using this and could start feeling this work for me I noticed my strength gains starting to go up again and was not having to struggle as much to do my lifts. It felt like it made my lifts feel easier to do and more enjoyable also. The strength gains I got were nothing mind blowing to where I was setting PR's but were decent gains.

One of the biggest things I noticed from this was the size and fullness in my muscles I was able to put on while using this. I also noticed after a few weeks of using this how much bigger my muscles were starting to look. I had a lot of increase in fullness in my muscles which was nice. Also my weight did go up a little bit. Before starting this was around 206-208lbs and as of today while I write this review my body weight was at 213lb which I had never been at before. My height is about 5'8 and to be at 213lb is a pretty high weight to be at for my size. I do workout at least 6 days a week and is very consistent with my lifting. I know with all the hard work I put in has really helped me with gaining this extra size and weight.

Also I felt my overall recovery was a lot better and did not feel as sore. I felt my performance in the gym was way better since I started using this product. I know it has made a big difference in how well my lifts have gone. Each day I would workout I seemed to feel a lot better and more ready to do my workouts that day. It is such a great feeling for me to be on creatine again because I feel way better and don't have to struggle as much trying to do my workouts. I know that when I am feeling really good and stronger it makes for much more enjoyable workouts for me and that is a big reason I like using creatine so much.

Overall my stomach seemed to be pretty good while using this. I maybe had a little bit of bloating from this I noticed but nothing real bad like I have had with other creatines in the past. Besides the 5g of mono they use I don't think the other ingredients help a huge amount but did help some and I look at them as just an added bonus to have in this.

Right now the cheapest I could find this was on bestpricenutrition.com and they want $24 for 30 servings. For a product like this I think that is a fairly decent price. On most other sites that sell this they want around low to mid 30 dollar range.

Side Effects

Nothing I noticed.

Conclusion

Overall I think they have a pretty solid and effective creatine product. I really like the ingredient profile for this and feel they have some really good stuff they use in this. If you want a product that will really help you performance better in the gym, give you some good strength gains and some good over all recovery this is a product I would highly recommend checking out. If you can get it for the price I mentioned above it is more than worth getting. Yes I would be more than happy to use this again. Now to find other creatine product that will live up to this one that I have not all ready used will be a little hard to do considering how well this work for me. Again I want to give a big shout out to Redcon1 for making this product and letting me have the chance to give it a try.
    • Grape: 8/10