SOMAL-1 has been reported as discontinued.

Check out the top-ranked products in Growth Enhancers > Prohormones

Growth Enhancers > Prohormones

SOMAL-1 is a Prohormone manufactured by Redcon1. It is a synthetic version of hormones or hormone precursors that increase muscle strength, size and stamina, and can additionally aid in fat loss.

SOMAL-1 has been reported as discontinued.

Check out the top-ranked products in Growth Enhancers > Prohormones

Growth Enhancers > Prohormones

9.3
  July 10, 2017

• Beware Of The Side Effects Of DECA
  • Know If You Can Handle A PH
  • Pills Might Be Broken In Shipment

(About yourself, 1-3 sentences maximum)
Active duty military who is always looking to take his fitness to the next level. I have been working hard on functional fitness over the last year and a half, while still throwing some traditional bodybuilding workouts in the mix. The main goal is to always crush goals, and to be harder to kill, and live everyday to the fullest.

Somal Blend: 65mg
1 Androstene-3b-ol, 17-One
1 Androstene-3b-ol, 17-One Decanoate
1 Androstene-3b-ol, 17-One Enanthate

this is a hard hitting 1-DHEA blend that uses Liposomal delivery system which makes it almost 100% absorbable and because this is non methylated, it is safe on your organs especially your liver.

Since these are pills, there really isn't a taste to them, and the dosing is 1 pill in the morning, and 1 at night.

Increased Aggression While Training was a big increase. I felt like I was in High School again tapping into that teenage angst and anger to power through my toughest lifts. I would say after a week in I really started to notice Rapid Strength Gains to where it seemed like day after day I was establishing new PR's on different movements. If you know about olympic lifting, my cleans, and snatches were constantly going up in weight and reps. Recovery time was also decreased as well as joint and muscle soreness. I would destroy legs on Monday, and by Thursday when I did legs again, I was not only ready to go, I usually was lifting heavier than I did on Monday. Energy felt decent but it was really hard to tell much energy came from this supplement as opposed to the pre-workout I was using. While I did not notice any gyno effects, I will say that my gains were not as dry as I was hoping. I found myself retaining fluid and having more fluid state mass added to my body rather than lean. I am sure if you are already a lean person this effect would be more noticeable.

So most places sell this in the mid $60's and since its a 30 day supply at 2 pills a day that is roughly $1 a pill. While this is not cheap, it could be way worse. The bottom line is PH's are expensive and you have to pay to play. My biggest complaint about this, and others have mentioned it on Redcon1's site is some of my pills were broken when I received them to the point that it was hard to tell if I was even consuming a proper portion towards the end.

Side Effects

So this is my personal downfall and this is why I say it might not be for everyone. I notice some pretty big mood swings while being on it. When things were great, they were great, but if things went south I would find myself being super angry and depressed. Not sure if I just have a bad reaction to Pro Hormones or what, but it wasn't pleasant. I also noticed and increase in acne on my face, and as a 32 year old it is odd to be having teenager breakouts. I also noticed a lack sensitivity with my my downstairs mix-up and I am almost 100% sure it has to do with DECA being in the product. DECA is known to make it difficult to get hard and have intimacy. Finally my appetite was relentless. No quantity of food could ever satisfy me, and while that is great because it is part of making gains, it can really blow the wheels off the cart in regards of diet control.

Conclusion

In conclusion this product delivers on almost every front. You will get caveman strong and have the aggression that goes with it. Beware of the possibility of having broken pills before you even get your product, I hope Redcon1 fixes this. Also take a hard look at yourself and ask if you can really handle a PH because it could mess with you and your personality if you are not careful. If you are good then I would recommend that you get 2 bottles and run a 8 week cycle to get the full benefits. I would have done it myself if I had the money, but again PH's are not cheap.

May 22, 2017

• Overall Well Being Increase
  • Little Expensive For The Results I Saw
---Introduction---
Thanks to redcon for sending this out to the troops, I had been seeing a lot of good feedback about this company on the site. So I grabbed one of their prohormone products. This was my 1st redcon product, but far from my 1st prohormone.

1 pill gives you 65mg of 1-andro, using a liposmal delivery system which is supposed to keep the compound in tact further through your system for more potency.

No taste, I'm theses and very easy to swallow. I took my doses(1 pill) before my workout in the am and shortly before getting ready for bed.

While using this I was following a strict and lean diet, but eating at a surplus, because I had heard this product would really help to add some lean muscle. For me I didn't see the results others on these reviews seemed to have gotten. After 30 days I may have added 2 lbs and even though I didn't gain much fat I felt liken it was kind of a let down compared to past pc's.
Now for what the product did do for me. After about a week and a half I started to feel great, my overall mood improved tremendously. Coworkers made comments, I woke up after a full nights sleep refreshed and ready to go. My libido was through the roof and performance in that area improved as well.

This was kind of difficult for me because on average this is stuff costs around $50, which is fair and about normal for a prohormone. My problem was that the results I got were less of prohormone like and more of a mood enhancer/ test boost...

Side Effects

Acne

Conclusion

I don't know if may be I needed to run it for a little longer to see the gains or if i just didn't respond to this product.
But I didn't have any shutdown and felt great while on. After a 4 week pct I still felt good but not quite as energetic, and I also kept the little bit of weight I did put on

April 4, 2017

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Aids In Recovery
  • Strength Gains

First I would like to thank Redcon1 for sending this supplement out to review, and the SR TROOP's program for making the connection possible. This was definitely one of the better PH's I've had a chance to try recently that gave no negative side effects, though I was on CT and PCT like I always do no matter how "mild" the supplement is. Something is better than nothing.

Like with most new PH's the thing that works as legal is an ingredient that is consumed and converted over to make a more potent hormone. In this case it's 1-DHEA converting to 1-AD. You get 65mg per dose which is one tab, and that makes it 130mg consumed daily for a month. This is a decent amount to show some type of gains in the strength and muscle building department.

Then we also have the absorption being added in with liposomal delivery system, which apparently makes the ingredient get absorbed rather well. I can say first hand it definitely felt absorbed better than similar products with just bioperine. Other than this not much else for ingredients.

No strange taste and mixability N/A

Dosing is two tablets daily. For me it was one in the morning and one before I went to bed.

Definitely an effective PH for me. Strength levels were awesome by the 2nd week and last to about almost two weeks after the use of this SOMAL-1. Deadlifts went up 20lbs. by end of cycle and dumbbell presses had increased by 5-10lbs. with similar repetitions to it's previous final set. Plowed through workouts and never got light headed or felt like had blood pressure issues while doing heavy lifts.

Muscle building wise the heavier weights you are repping the hell out. Instead of using 90lbs. for 10 reps I was hitting the 100's. No joke that good in the strength boosting department for me. Then I will point out that I looked leaner while on this and come to find I had lost some BF% which is an added bonus.

This supplement was great for my ending HIIT workouts too. I'd tear up sets of things like heavy KB swings followed by battle ropes. Simply felt like top notch while using this. Oh, and libido wise it was great in the bedroom too ;) lol

Cheapest I found this for was $51.99. I think this is an awesome price considering the type of supplement we're talking about. This isn't an amino acid or protein. A buy a bottle or two product and probably not get again honestly unless you needed an added boost again. Other brands want $80 or more per bottle no matter what website you go on. So yeah value is pretty good in my opinion for a month cycle.

Side Effects

Slight acne increase, but nothing uncommon for me oh these products

Conclusion

I'd definitely recommend SOMAL-1 to anybody looking for a new PH that delivers in the gains department. Pretty safe to use, but I'd still say get a cycle support and PCT just for the safety of it. Thanks again Redcon1!

March 24, 2017

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Aids In Recovery
    • Strength Gains
    • Hardness

Before I start I want to give a big thanks to Redcon1 for giving me the opportunity to review SOMAL-1. I have had various experiences using prohormones seeing everything from the good to the ugly. This is more of an advanced (compound) prohormone and I was in the middle of a training cycle so I decided to give it a go. Currently I'm on a PCT and using support supplements to be safe. During the duration of this review I was training 5 days a week while on a lean bulk diet.

Highlights:
      Gains in Lean, Dry Muscle
      Fast strength gains
      Not toxic to the organs
      Aids in recovery
      Will not cause male breast enlargement
      Improves energy in and out of the gym

As with all Redcon1 supplements they are all pretty much transparent labels. SOMAL-1 (1-DHEA) consists of 1-Androsterone which undergoes a 2-step conversion process to become 1-AD (1 Testosterone). Basically the process goes from Androstenediol to Androstenedione to 1-Testosterone which is the final product. Rather than fill the page with 1-Andro information.... PricePlow has a great write up and goes in depth about this legal prohormone here: https://blog.priceplow.com/prohormones/1-andro

Another part that stood out to me was the Liposomal Delivery System with a 99% absorption rate. As the liver breaks down the compound and the potency can lose up to 86%. There has been a great deal of Liposomal delivery done on targeted delivery and is used commonly by pharmaceutical manufacturers. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4664963/

Since these are in tablet form there was no taste or mixability to judge. In regards to dosing the bottle recommends..... Take one (1) tablet 2x per day with food - do not take exceed 2 tablets per day. Usually I took one tablet with breakfast and another at dinner.

As I noted up top I was in the middle of a powerlifting training cycle. Redcon1 highlights lean dry muscle gains, faster strength gains, energy improvement... they were pretty spot on in all of those areas. After the four week cycle I PRd all three compound lifts: Squat 20 lbs, Deadlift 20 lbs and Bench 15 lbs. Pretty big numbers for just 4 weeks of use with a strict training program and lean bulk diet. It's yet to be seen if I keep most of that strength after PCT but it definitely felt good during that time. My training was at another level with less rest times between sets using heavier weights. I had increased energy through out the day along with a shift in confidence which was positive.

The cheapest value I could find was on Suppz.com for $46.79 for a 30 day supply. They also offer a coupon saving 10% off on all Redcon1 supplements using code REDCON10. If you were to purchase directly from the Redcon1 website you would be paying around $70 or $60 if you subscribe. Overall if purchasing from Suppz.com I believe this is a good deal especially if you decide to run SOMAL-1 for 8 weeks.

Side Effects

Some body acne

Conclusion

Overall I was impressed with the effectiveness of SOMAL-1 after a 4 week cycle. Wish I could of used for an 8 week cycle and believe that time range would be most optimal. However I saw PRs in my three compound lifts, gained muscle and recovered quickly after training. I wouldn't recommend this compound for beginners but if you have used prohormones then I recommend using SOMAL-1.