PRICES (10)

• Low Carb
  • Uses Artificial Sweeteners
  • Overly Sweet At Times
  • Use Artificial Flavors

This product is a whole food meal replacement product used to increase protein intake without any dairy.

This protein powder really interested me due to it being a "whole food" product. RedCon1 based this protein with beef, chicken, salmon, egg, rice, and pea protein instead of the usual dairy derived. This interested me due to me being lactose intolerant. Usually I use a whey product and deal with the stomach issues but this offered me something different.

The full ingredient profile will be posted down below in the pictures.
This product contains several different protein sources including beef, salmon, chicken, egg, rice, and pea. Other ingredients include MCT oil and coconut water. MCT oil is a fatty acid (Medium Chain Triglyceride) that is contained in coconuts. MCT oil is a unique molecule because it does not act like most fats. MCT oil is quickly absorbed by the stomach and transported into the liver so it can be immediately used for energy. Due to this it is not likely to be directly stored as fat and can be a great tool in weight loss. It also has a slough of other health benefits including better cognitive function, lowering blood sugar, and lowering cholesterol.

The macros on this product are:[\u]
24 grams protein
4 grams carbohydrates (2g sugar, 1g fiber)
2 grams fat (<1g Saturated)

The taste and mixability on this product were the best I've had so far. I had the blueberry cobbler flavor and it was very true to this. This flavor tasted like your grandmas blueberry pie. The mixability is good on this also. With a shaker bottle and whisk it will shake and not have any clumps. If you use the recommended amount of water, 4-6 fl oz, it will be the consistency of a milkshake. The only complaint that I would have is that sometimes it can be overpoweringly sweet. This may be due to it being a desert flavor but some days after a workout that sweetness is almost too much.

I dosed this product with 1 serving, which is 29 grams, post workout. The container says you can use it up to 3 times per day to increase protein intake.

The effectiveness of this product is good. I did not notice any exceedingly better or worse recovery while taking this versus other protein powders. I use protein powders as a true supplement post workout to my diet so i try to keep my protein intake high through food also. Due to this i do not have a drastic change in recovery between different protein powders that ive tried. With this being said my recovery while on this was still very good. I truly felt i could push myself and come back the next day all over again.

MRE Lite did have a good filling effect on me. I usually workout in the morning after breakfast so i will have this shake after i workout and then i dont eat until lunch. It did keep me full during this time and there were many times i ate lunch because i know i needed to and not because i was hungry. This is a positive for me and may be definitely useful for people looking to restrict calories on a cut.

This product is designed for people that want the profile of protein behind the original MRE but without all of the carbs and fat. It would be perfect for people on a lean bulk or looking to cut some body fat. The macros on it are good and should be easy for most people to fit into a dietary plan.

The value with this product is tricky. It is 44.99 for 30 servings through Redcon1 but they are constantly running deals of around 20% or more. This puts the price at $36 or 1.20/serving. Every once in a while deals go around 50% or BOGO. This is defiantly worth the money when sales are going on but I would be hesitant at full price. The value is also in the fact that it is a truly unique product. There are not many dairy free, whole food protein powders like this on the market.

Side Effects

I didn't have any side effects.

Conclusion

This product is a great option for someone looking for a low-carb meal replacement or a person who is lactose intolerant and wants to try something new. The price point may be steep but if you give it some time and keep an eye out Redcon1 runs deals often. To me this a great buy and i have loved a quality protein that tastes good and dosnt upset my stomach at all. I will definitely purchase this product again when in the market for a protein.
  • Blueberry Cobbler: 9/10