ISOTOPE Reviews

By: Redcon1

Overall
Overall
Thanks to Redcon1 for sending it out!

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Lactose Free
  • Digests Easily
  • Pricey
  • Partially Denatured Protein
  • Mislabeled Flavor

Whey Protein Isolate simply put.

First and foremost I would like to thank Redcon1 for sending me out their product so I could try it and review it for you guys. I would also like to thank SR for providing me the opportunity and the tools so that I can share with you guys my experience.

I'm a big boy so I don't usually consume enough protein for my body. So, I do what most of us do and supplement my protein intake. I do prefer whey isolate for the taste and the minimum macros. I noticed this offering from a well known company so I opted to try one.

This profile has three forms of protein isolate ... we don't know how much you get of each ...
Cold processed micro and ultra filtered whey protein isolate, Ion exchanged whey protein isolate and lastly hydrolyzed whey protein isolate.

Hydrolyzed protein is the quickest to digest because of the heat, acids or enzymes process it went trough.
Ion exchanged whey protein isolate is a cheap way to filter protein and the least beneficial process because it's done using chemicals and some of the aminos could be lost in that process.
Cold processed micro and ultra filtered whey protein isolate is what you want really ... I'm hoping that this is the more concentrated protein in this tub since it's listed first. This is the best way to filter and isolate the protein from milk.

You get 25 grams of protein from a 32 gram scoop. So you get 7 grams of fillers. Not bad but not great either.

Lastly,
130 Calories
0.5 grams of Fat
0 of Saturated Fat
5mg of Cholesterol
3 grams of Carbs
Protein 25g

These numbers are really good. There are no enzymes or anything else added to this profile. Actually that's not bad considering that isolate is the easiest to absorb by your body.

So here is where I have beef with the company ... It's clearly mislabeled ... This was in no way Peanut butter chocolate flavor. I did taste chocolate but there was no hint or trace of peanut butter. If I had to label this flavor myself I would probably say it's Almond butter chocolate flavor. Other than that I mixed one scoop with milk, shake for a few and it was ready to consume. I did also notice that this protein is a little more creamier than other isolates I've tried before. Usually Isolate have that very differential taste from standard whey where it tastes skinnier ... like comparing skin milk with whole milk.

I'm not sure how to tell you how effective this is ... It's really food so I'm not sure if you go to reviews to read how food was helping your body ... especially food that was stripped from everything to just give you one particular ingredient ... Protein. I can say that I did not feel bloated at all when consuming this product. I did not experience any negative digestive byproduct (flatulence). All in all very easy way to reach your daily goals for protein consumption.

So this can be purchased from many sources ... kudos to redcon1. The cheapest I found at the moment of writing this review was a 2.38lb tub for 35$. That comes out to 1.16$ per serving or if you want to be very accurate it's 0.046 cents per protein .. Compering this to other isolates there are definitely cheaper products out there from reputable companies. So I have to neg rep this product just based on value.

Side Effects

Conclusion

Unfortunately because of inaccurate labeling of flavor and the fact that there are cheaper standards out there I have to say Meh to this product. I didn't enjoy the taste and I'm to frugal to pay more for something I didn't enjoy. I think I don't even have to be frugal to make the same decision. It just wasn't want I wanted and I didn't enjoy the taste of this isolate. I don't know how other flavors taste but I'm assuming it would be worth a try since this isolate has a creamier taste than others that would enhance the "right" flavor ... I thank you for reading this review and wish you a wonderful day.
  • Peanut Butter Chocolate: 5/10

• DaSlaya
    August 18, 2018

"cudos to redcon1." Lol its Kudos!! Nice review and I feel the same way, this is one of my least favorite proteins. Their ration is good, not sure whats going on with this one.

• bzyczek
    August 18, 2018

Thank you DaSlaya .. corrected ;)