Fade Out Reviews

By: Redcon1

Overall
Overall
Thanks to Redcon1 for sending it out!
  June 21, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Deeper Sleep
  • Excellent Profile
  • Fall Asleep Faster
  • Fully Transparent
  • Great Value
  • No Grogginess
  • Better Recovery

Fade out was effective at even half a scoop. It worked quickly and it rarely left any sort of hangover.

Big thanks to start to Redcon1. I'm someone who often has trouble sleeping and is always hesitant to take sleep supplements because I rarely hit 8 hours a night and worry about sleeping to deeply to wake up if something goes bang in the night. But after my wife started giving me crap for "never" sleeping, Redcon1 released this to the troops and I had the opportunity to kill two birds with one stone: appease the old lady and try another product from one of my favorite companies.

A quick note on Redcon1's customer service first. When this arrived, the package had been crushed in the mail and then left in the rain for a couple days due to arriving while I was on vacation. I sent a note to the rep and a replacement arrived in like 3 days or so. To add a little context, about a month earlier I'd ordered some protein from MyProtein and the bag was somehow sliced open in the mail. It took MP about 21 days to replace that. To fanboy on them even more, they have hands down the best communication in the industry. You get emails at every step of the shipping progress, plus they care enough to follow up and ask for your feedback. I've also gotten texts from their local rep to notify me about deals happening. Altogether they just seem to have their S together better than most, if not any, other companies in the business.

4-amino-3-phenylbutonic acid (1g) - [AKA Phenibut] This is a key ingredient to Fade Out and also one to be very careful with. It can become dangerous when combined with benzos, barbituates, alcohol, or other depressants. Phenibut works by stimulating GABA receptors and enhances the effects of GABA itself.

Mucuna Pruriens (1g) - [AKA Velvet Bean] This ingredient contains high levels of L-Dopa, the precursor to dopamine. At higher doses it can actually aid in testosterone production and have an energizing effect, but my guess here at this dose is that it is meant for its ability to lower cortisol (stress hormone) levels.

GABA (1g) - GABA and Phenibut go hand and hand. Your body already contains GABA receptors that essentially make you sleep when activated, and phenibut serves as an agonist for GABA by binding to GABA receptors and acting as a catalyst of sorts for the depressant effects of the GABA itself.

Arginine-HCL (1g) - Arginine can help stimulate sleep by shutting off ammonia production in the body.

Phenylalanine (750mg) - Phenylalanine is converted to L-Tyrosine which is then converted to L-Dopa, again the precursor to Dopamine.

Valerian Root (600mg) - Another sedative and anti-anxiety ingredient

Ornithine HCL (500mg) - Like Arginine, this also helps in the reduction of ammonia being produced in the body. Ammonia is one of the biggest sleep disrupters.

Theanine (500mg) - Often seen in preworkouts, this is another ingredient that can also be used for its relaxing effects which is why it's often found in tandem with high amounts of caffeine.

Magnesium (150mg) - Without magnesium in your body you'd seize up into one big cramp. This will help your muscles relax and ultimately reduce muscle soreness and aid in providing deeper sleep.

Vitamin C (100mg) - This may not be an ingredient you think of when it comes to sleeping, but the big concern is really the lack of it rather than the benefit it has. People with low vitamin-c levels can have trouble falling into a deep relaxing sleep and supplementing the diet can change that, as well as reducing other symptoms of wakefulness like restless leg syndrome.

Zinc (10mg) - Studies have shown zinc to be an effective sleep regulator. It has been shown to increase the amount and the quality of sleep in both animals and humans.

Vitamin B-6 (6mg) - This can help regulate the body's levels of tryptophan, which can in turn lead to your body producing sleep-inducing melatonin

Melatonin (5mg) - This is probably the most commonly known natural sleep aid, and 5mg is a pretty big dose. I was worried about not waking up easily with this much melatonin.

Vitamin E Acetate (10iu) - Vitamin E might also help relieve restless leg syndrome.

Overall this is an incredibly well-rounded ingredient panel. Everything is very obvious in its intent and Redcon1 seemed to take the care to produce Fade Out in a way that would attack symptoms that would lead to restless sleep from multiple angles using ingredients that would hit your mind at different times and in different ways throughout the night.

Dosing: I really didn't need to take a full scoop of this for it to work. I'd usually take slightly less if I was about to get less sleep, and a full scoop if I knew I'd be able to get 8 hours.

Mixability: This had some settling occur each time, so expect to drink it while particles are suspended in the liquid.

Taste: Think... metamucil. I received the orange flavor and while it was by no means objectionable, it wasn't something I'd ever crave either. It covered up the taste of a bunch of ingredients that I assume must be yucky tasting, and I never had to plug my nose to get it down. It was just "fine".

I would have given this product a 10 if I had more experience with sleep products in general. I just can't imagine something working better than this. I didn't always use a full scoop and the only thing that seemed to impact would be how deeply I slept. Within 5 minutes of taking this I'd always feel sort of woozy, calm, and a bit lightheaded-- but not at all in an unpleasant way. I'd be completely relaxed and overall felt great. I wouldn't fall asleep the second my head hit the pillow, but I also didn't spend hours tossing and turning, or waking up throughout the night like I usually do.

One of the biggest perks for me was the fact that I could still wake up if I had to. A few nights I was woken up by my son, another night my wife woke me up because she thought she heard something, and each time I was able to wake up and inspect then go right back to sleep without issue. I could remember what I'd done in the middle of the night upon waking, and I didn't have any memory or time loss.

In the morning I almost never had any cobwebs. I often took this when I knew I'd only be getting 4-6 hours of sleep and still it was always better to wake up having taken it than having not taken it. Mind you, I was careful about not taking a full scoop if it was going to be less than 8 hours.

The cheapest I was able to find this was $25.99 at Muscle & Strength. For less than $1/serving this product is a steal. On the high end it's listed at $49.99. I would have a hard time justifying paying that price, personally.

Side Effects

Conclusion

If you want to fall asleep fast and stay asleep until you're ready to wake up, or wake up abruptly on command, then I'd say this is for you. If that doesn't apply to you, I think you're an alien or something and I don't know what to tell you. This is something I think anyone in need of a better night's rest should give a shot. Simple as that.

Thank you again to Redcon1 as always!
    • Orange: 6/10

• DaSlaya
      June 21, 2018

well being a guy with some experience on sleep products...... this is a great one, only one better is Resurrect PM by RCSS....this is truly a close second though! nice review!

• bctuthill
      June 22, 2018

haha well documented at that! Thanks bud!