Double Tap Powder Reviews

By: Redcon1

Double Tap Powder is a Thermogenic Weight Loss Product manufactured by Redcon1. It increases the body's temperature and raises metabolism, helping to burn more calories and assist with fat loss.

Overall
Overall
  August 27, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Burns Fat
  • Mental Clarity

Double Tap in its powdered form is an enjoyable and effective fat-burner that also functioned as a nootropic.

I've historically been skeptical of fat burners as a genre, but it appears they've come a long way. All too often a "fat-burner" is just a caffeine pill with a myriad of underdosed ingredients to make the profile look better than it is, but that cannot be said for Double Tap. The following is a review of my experience with the updated formula (free of DMHA).

Serving Size: 1 Scoop

For cutting excess water: Dandelion Root Extract 200mg
    For energy now: Caffeine Anhydrous 150mg
    For energy later: Di-Caffeine Malate (as Infinergy) 150mg
    For all of the above? (see below): Juniper berry (as AMPiberry) 150mg
    For cardiovascular health (see below): Theobroma cacao & Camellia sinsensis extract (as Cocoteanol) 50mg
    For stimulation and fat burning: Octopamine HCL 30mg

Mostly known reliable ingredients with a couple I'm not familiar with:

AMPiberry seems to be the replacement for DMHA; it is claimed to reduce water retention, assist in fat burning, and provide "smooth" energy. These effects are said to be enhanced when paired with caffeine.

Cocoteanol appears to be used for vasodilation (widdening blood vessels), as a diuretic, lowering systolic blood pressure, and the various benefits of antioxidants.

So far I've only used the Pineapple and Blue Raspberry flavors and have enjoyed them both. However, I personally prefer the Pineapple and will be sticking to it going forward.

The mixability of Double Tap is probably the best of all the Redcon1 products; a shaker is definitely overkill.

I used the recommended dose of 1 scoop in the morning, usually a few minutes before going for a 30 minute run. When I say recommended dose, I mean DO NOT use more than 1 scoop! I have yet to make this mistake, but given the effects of 1 scoop I can't imagine it would end well.

In short, this stuff wakes me up immediately. If I was tired, I'm no longer tired. If my head was foggy, my head is clear now. If I was feeling unmotivated, my drive is now in full gear and work is already getting done.

I looked and felt much leaner after the first week using this product. Evidently friends thought so too because I kept getting asked about my "sudden" weight loss, even though my weight was essentially unchanged.

That being said, I can't recommend taking this every day. Save it for when you really need a kick in the pants.

I got used to the product after using it 6 days in a row, but once I stopped regular use each dose felt as effective as that first time.
    If you are needing to cut quickly for contest prep or some other reason and plan on using this, I would do 5 days on with 2 days off.

MSRP for this product is $49.99, which isn't TOO bad for 40 servings (10 more than its capsule counterpart) but still more than I'm comfortable paying on any regular basis.

Luckily there are discount codes available up to 30% (sometimes as high as 50% if you use the Redcon1 app) that bring this down to a reasonable $25-35, both of which put this at less than a dollar per serving.

Side Effects

Other than the quick trip to the bathroom I needed after taking this, none for me.

For new users I recommend erring on the side of caution, use half a scoop on your first try to assess tolerance.

Conclusion

The powdered variant of Double Tap is one of the very few in the fat burner category that I could ever recommend. It won't magically destroy all your body fat overnight but it can certainly lend a hand. I enjoyed the product and will definitely use it again.
    • Pineapple: 10/10
    • Blue Raspberry: 7/10

• DaSlaya
      August 27, 2018

Nice review, I have not tried the "new" version of this yet. I have it in the closet ready to go though. So you did not notice any drops in actual weight numbers? but your friends did say you looked leaner? That actually makes sense to me, did you notice your pants or anything fitting a bit looser, just curious?

• Sparticide
      August 28, 2018

Thank you! Yeah my pants and some of my shirts do feel a bit looser after this run for sure. Nothing dramatic but having my phone, wallet, and keys in my pockets all at once is enough to make them sag a bit now.

• November 30, 2018

Thanks for the review! Like you, I too am skeptical of fat burners. Haven't used any in almost a decade, back when Lipo-6 was fresh on the market. I love RedCon1 pre-workouts so I thought I'd give this a try and see how it goes. Based on your review, I ordered pineapple. Hopefully it helps me keeps some weight off during the holiday season.