BREACH Reviews

By: Redcon1

Overall
Overall
Thanks to Redcon1 for sending it out!
  October 4, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Improves Recovery
  • Hydration Support
  • Amazing Taste
  • Decreased DOMS
  • Average BCAA Dosage

A quality BCAA with a robust support profile at an excellent price point. Can't go wrong this option.

As I've written in other reviews, I'm a fan of consistently supplementing BCAAs for overall health and recovery. I try to ensure I'm ingesting 5-10g of BCAAs every morning during my fasted window, regardless of whether I work out or not. I prefer simpler BCAA products that are not prop-blend complexes but do include hydration support. Breach checked all those boxes and already had some really positive reviews, so I opted in for a tub.

For most of my BCAA supplements, I am primarily concerned with the actual dosing of BCAAs. 5g of essential BCAAs per serving has been clinically proven to be the minimum effective dose for an average-sized human. Breach includes that standard 5g at a 2:1:1 ratio. I personally don't have a preference when it comes to BCAA ratio, so long as the profile includes at least 1g each of isoleucine and valine. I'm happy with 5g, but I wouldn't mind a slightly higher dose. VMI's Aminogex is a very similar product and includes 7g per scoop.

Breach also includes a solid dose of the electrolytes potassium and sodium, as well as 1g each of Taurine and Coconut Water Powder. A good, disclosed profile that's not too flashy but effectively hits all the targets.

I requested and received the Tiger Blood flavor, which I very much enjoyed. It tasted like a mix of coconut with a tropical citrus punch. Very different from anything else I've ever tried, but delicious none the less.

I generally dosed one scoop per day in 32 oz. ice water and sipped either preworkout or throughout the morning. Mixability was not a problem. No clumping or foaming at all.

I personally can't tell the difference between most BCAA products. I do notice a difference in my general recovery and the amount of DOMS I experience when I'm taking a BCAA versus when I'm not, but not usually between individual supplements. I'd rate Breach as slightly above average compared to with most other intraworkout products I've reviewed recently as it provided solid recovery, good intra-workout support, and decreased DOMS.

I will say the hydration support in this product noticeably battled fatigue and kept me going strong well into my workouts, while also making sure I wasn't too beat up the following day. I've had a nice run of quality BCAA products that have kept my DOMS low despite me getting into the gym 4-5 times a week, and Breach kept that streak alive.

Most solid BCAA supplements will cost you around .80c per serving. Some of the flashier products with broader ingredient profiles will run you closer to $1.00 per scoop.

The price of Breach is all over the place, but I'll Pump You Up currently has it for just under $20. That's a steal! At only .66c per serving, Breach is one of the more affordable products I've seen on the market lately. Combined with the fact you're getting a solid, well-dosed product that tastes great means this product earns a high Value rating from me.

Side Effects

Conclusion

Breach was my first experience with RedCon1 as a brand, and I was absolutely impressed. I look forward to trying more of their products and would absolutely recommend Breach as a quality intra-workout BCAA supplement.
  • Tiger's Blood: 9/10