Recent Reviews

Vegan Protein (BN Labs)

Overall
Thanks to BN Labs for sending it out!
  October 18, 2017

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Great Protein Per Serving
  • Organic Ingredients
  • No Soy

I have tried a few plant based proteins in the past, but never stuck with them since whey is almost always cheaper. Now, I am kind of toying with the idea of going vegetarian and cutting out any meat products and dairy. Over the past couple years, I have drastically cut down on my meat and milk consumption and I am really considering cutting them out completely from my diet.

BNLabs has created a fully organic, plant based protein without the inclusion of soy. Many plant based proteins today include soy, which I am not a fan of at all. I have jumped on the organic trend probably three years ago, so I liked that this is fully organic and certified by a third party. Supplements are probably the only thing I do not consume organic and that is just because there really is not a big market for organic supplements. That is why I have tried to stay away from products with low-quality/artificial ingredients and fillers. What I like most about this protein is that it contains 27g of protein per scoop. That is more than just about every other dairy-based protein that I have tried over the years. A big knock on plant based proteins is that they do not have a good amino profile or are not a complete protein. Well BNLabs uses four types of vegan protein sources (pea, brown rice, hemp, spirullina) to give a nice amino profile. It is a bit higher in calories and fat content than a good whey protein, but that is not really a big deal to me.

Taste 6/10: I received the caramel latte flavor and was not the biggest fan of it. It was not gross to me, but it smelled a lot better than it tasted. I strictly mixed this is water though, so take that into consideration. Maybe if it is mixed in an almond milk it may taste better. I probably would opt for a chocolate flavor in the future. BNLabs advertises that this is a grit free formula and if you have tried other plant based proteins before you would know that it is pretty grainy, similar to casein proteins back in the day. I would agree that this does not have that grainy texture and is pretty smooth. You can definitely tell it is not whey, but this is way more palatable.

Mixability 8/10: This is a pretty heavy protein and is not as light as whey protein is. However, it mixes pretty well for the most part and there is a minimal amount of clumping if you shake it well enough.

Dosing 9/10: Their recommendation is consume 1-3 scoops per day. I would stick to one since it is a bit pricey.

I thought that this was just as effective as any quality protein supplement. It was just as effective as whey aiding in recovery and I would say that it left me feeling satiated a lot more than whey. It is a lot thicker of a powder and that helped keep me full longer. The 27g of protein is a big selling point especially to those who are vegan because it is obviously a bit harder to meet your protein needs. Never had any issues digesting it.

This is pretty expensive and probably only appeals to a niche market. It can be found on Amazon for just about $50. At 30 servings, that equals $1.67 a serving. This is a lot more expensive than a whey protein where most quality proteins are about $1 a scoop, so if you do not care about going vegan, this is not for you. However, if you are a vegan and you want to stay away from cheap soy as well as finding an organic protein, than this is not too bad of a price.

Side Effects

Conclusion

I liked this protein and will definitely consider it in the future, although I will be choosing another flavor. This probably will not appeal to a lot of you on this site and I get that, but that does not make it a bad protein and for the quality in here, it is not an awful price. Thank you to BNLabs for sending this out!

Q//WHEY (Quantified Nutrition)
Thanks to Quantified Nutrition for sending it out!
  October 18, 2017

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Digests Well
  • Mixes Good
  • Good Recovery

First I would like to thank Quantified Nutrition for sending Q//Whey out to review, and the SR TROOPs program for making the connection possible. This is a whey protein isolate product that tasted pretty good and essentially would have a decent rating if the price wasn't so steep for 30 servings. Yes as a product I'd recommend it, but for the price it hurt the ratings.

The ingredient profile is pretty straight forward, which is a good thing when it comes to protein powders not designed for "mass gains". 25g's of protein per serving is pretty nice and a few grams more than other competing brands.

Carbs are at only 3g, which again is another good sign as it allows anybody to fit this into their diet usually, and less than a gram of it is sugar. Fat is at only a gram as well. Other than this there's nothing else to cover with this protein powder.

Taste isn't too bad. I meant to request for the chocolate truffle, but forgot and received the Mexican vanilla flavor. Taste was on the stronger side for me with the artificial flavoring.

Mixing is good with no clumping while used in a shaker or in protein food creations.

Dosing is basically as needed since it's protein. I used every post workout and sometimes an hour pre workout if I didn't have time for protein rich snacks. Also made protein balls and bars to eat throughout the days and at night. Each serving is 3 scoops of 10g's, which is odd to not just be one larger scoop.

Well it's protein and it helped me stay on a good recovery program and I never seemed to lose any muscle, so I'd say it does what is supposed to happen when consuming protein supplements.

Digestion wise I had no issues of diarrhea or being gassy, so again this shows a good protein mixture to consume. The bag talks a lot about the BCAA's found in whey isolate and how they are absorbed better during digestion, but I can't really say it made a whole lot more of a difference. That on top of me using 6-7g 2:1:1 BCAA produts.

Essentially a decent whey protein isolate. Nothing above average or worse to report.

Okay, so it's $52.99 a bag for 30 servings, which i around $1.77 per scoop. I couldn't find it anywhere else but on the website, so I'm going with that price. I understand most brands display an MSRP price, but actually sell it for less, but there's no sign of anything cheaper since it's not widely available.

Whey protein isolate is a step up from concentrate, but I never really see any difference that much except during digestion maybe. Maybe when this has a cheaper price it'll get a better rating; just with that price it's not competitive.

Side Effects

None to report.

Conclusion

In the end this is a decent whey protein isolate that I can't say is anything different from other brands with the exception of being higher priced. Hopefully the price drops in the future, but until then I stand with the rating given and would recommend if cheaper. Thanks for sending this out Quantified Nutrition.
  • Mexican Vanilla: 7/10

RE1GN (Olympus Labs)

Overall
Overall
9.5
9.5
Thanks to Olympus Labs for sending it out!

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Increased Pump
  • Increased Focus
  • -Trucker Meth

(About yourself, 1-3 sentences maximum)
    What's up SR this review is for the hottest pre workout for 2017 which is the Olympus Labs Re1gn pre workout. This is a product that I even thought about doing a pre-order for back before it came out. Also I finished this product a few weeks back but I'm just now getting a chance to do the review. I work 2 jobs and close to 70hrs a week so sometimes finding time can be tricky. Anyways re1gn promises to make you have great focus, crazy energy, pumps, and finally endurance. Let's see how this stuff does

R...

(About yourself, 1-3 sentences maximum)

Re1gn has anything and everything you could ask for in a pre-workout. I'm also convinced that there is trucker meth in it. Now this stuff has 5 patented ingredients in it the 6th being trucker meth. Those 5 are Kanna ease, teacrine, vaso6, agmass, and astragin. With Re1gn you will get 300mg of caffeine per 2 scoops along with citrulline 5g, agmatine1g, and pomegranate powder extract 300mg. This product also has eria jarensis in it for the crazy and intense focus.

The flavor I received was Area 51 which tasted just like it sounds a mystery flavor. But for me it tasted more of a sour gummy bear taste which I really like. Didn't have any mixability issues with this product everything was fine. Dosing was to take 2 scoops 30mins before the gym with 8-10oz of water

WOW.this stuff is crazy! My body felt like it was on trucker meth for 1hr+ holy s**t balls this stuff is crazy strong. Re1gn is not for a beginner or anyone that doesn't fill like being awake for 24hrs straight. But if you're a stim junkie like myself then this stuff is on your pre-workout bucket list to try because it's really that good. I have to stay it didn't slow down either with the intense feeling I got walking into the gym. That same feeling was still with me for the whole day. I work 2 jobs currently and sometimes the only time I'm able to train is at 4am. The energy from Re1gn kept me going all day even while waking up that early. Which usually means I'm waking up at 330am to get ready have a quick shake and go. When I was taking Re1gn that all changed by lifts were off the charts I was hitting a PR each and every day at the gym. I did 800lb on the leg press twice, Hit my old PR on rack & pulled to 525 for 3. These two different exercises I've always had issues going heavy for set and reps. but not while taking Re1gn I felt like Ronnie Coleman training hardcore & balls to the wall lifting with no remorse. Overall if you're a stim junkie then buy all of this now.

Right now A1supplements.com you can buy Re1gn for 39.99 for 20 servings which is 1.99 a serving and it's worth every penny.

Side Effects

Trucker Meth lol

Conclusion

This stuff is amazing in fact I like it so much while taking it that I bought more of it while A1supplements.com was having a sale. I got Iseefury, and krusherz. This is a must pre-workout for anyone that is looking to kill it in the gym!!
    • Area 51: 10/10

Super Premium Whey Protein (MHP)

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Absorbs Quickly

What is going on guys?? Blake Pullen coming at you live with a POSITIVE protein review. It feels good to give some praise after I ripped "Anytime Protein" for it's grainy, rubber taste. I was able to use MHP Super Premium Protein from May 2017 to the beginning of August 2017. I bought this product in bulk mainly because of a major sale on Allstarhealth.com at the time and I couldn't be happier that I did.

Calories from Fat: 13.5

Anti-catabolic BCKA Complex: 200mg
      -Alpha-Keto-Leucine: 100mg
      -Alpha-Keto-Isoleucine: 50mg
      -Alpha-Keto-Valine:50mg

Protein reviews can be pretty dry because "protein is protein right?" Not so fast my friend! This particular protein doesn't have any fillers or unwanted additives. MHP just brings you the good stuff. 25g of Protein per serving is my ideal amount. Not too little, yet not too much so that the overall formula can remain lean in terms of calories and such. MHP uses 3 versions of Whey protein (12g Whey Hydrolysate, 8g Whey Isolate, 5g Whey concentrate) for faster absorption rates. I actually like this combination because if your body struggles in breaking down one of these particular types fast enough then you can almost bank on the fact that one if not 2 of the other types are quickly being transported through your body system to be broken down to feed your muscles.
      This particular protein powder utilizes branched-chain keto acids (BCKAs) to help reduce protein breakdown and allows the 5.6g of BCAA's included in the formula to forego possibly being used as energy and instead go straight to the site of protein synthesis. I personally haven't seen enough protein powders that utilize this science-backed formula, so that was very refreshing to see.

Taste: I had the Vanilla flavor and the first word that comes to mind when asked to describe it is Smooth. It wasn't very strong and it didn't overpower you with flavor, but it gave you just enough to be satisfied. Taste: 7/10

Mixibility: This is one of the better proteins that I have ever used in terms of mixability. Give it a good shake for 10 seconds max and you won't have any issues with clumping or floating particles. mixability: 8/10

Dosing: One scoop post-workout is always my ideal dose and this blend definitely fulfills that. The blend of 3 different kinds of whey keeps your body in a very optimal state for protein synthesis to occur when taken before/after workouts

I saw some great gains in lean mass and in overall strength in the 4 months that I was using this product. I don't attribute all of my gains during this time to the product of course, as I attribute a lot of it to nutrition and workout intensity, however, I do attribute the speed at which I made these gains to this product. I felt like my body was able to quickly absorb the protein and utilize it more efficiently thanks to the high-quality formula.

You can currently purchase 2 pounds for $23.99 at bodybuilding.com
      I think the price is pretty justified when compared to the rest of the market and for what your actually getting in the formula

Side Effects

NONE (and I have a sensitive stomach in general)

Conclusion

Personally, this is one of my favorite protein powders that I have used and I would highly recommend it to anyone looking for a more high-quality protein supplement
      • Vanilla: 7/10

Pros:
       Cons:
      • Nutrition Profile
      • Unbelievable Serving Of Fiber.
      • Great Taste And Texture
      • Very Good Tasting
      • Very Filling
      • Helps Keep Macros On Track
      • A Tad Expensive
      • Couple More Grams Of Protein Wouldn't Hurt

Quest bars have always been a favourite of mine, and they seem to be one of the most popular bars on the market.

All of the bars are low sugar, and high fibre which is very appealing- helps keep you fuller for longer! Some use stevia to sweeten them and others use sucralose. They all contain whey isolate, which is great for those who are lactose intolerant, but unfortunately they're not vegan. Some have the infamous quest 'chunks', which are cocoa butter. They taste great, but increase the amount of saturated fat per bar.

----Taste/Mixabi...

I love the taste of pretty much all of these bars, except the peanut butter jelly and the peanut butter deluxe. I found that the texture of the bar didn't seem to complement the peanut flavour. The apple pie one is great- you get a lovely cinnamon kick and some nice chewy chunks of dried apple too. The blueberry muffin is also highly recommended- the biscuity and blueberry chunks make it taste like the real thing. I found that the rocky road was a bit of a disappointment- it was too nutty and not chocolatey or marshmallowy enough. The oatmeal chocolate chip is really good though- tastes like proper oaty biscuits. Also, I really recommend the cookies and cream- a classic flavour that Quest Nutrition have nailed. My final favourite would have to be the smores bar- the biscuit, chocolate and marshmallow chunks are to die for!

These are great if you want to increase your protein intake without buying powders or other supplements. They're really easy to incorporate into your diet, and definitely show results. With an average of 20g of protein per bar, they really seem to work as a post-workout muscle builder. They've helped my muscle growth and tone massively!

It depends where you buy them of course. Generally, they can be expensive, but sometimes Predator Nutrition sell out-of-date stock at 10-15 a box, which is a bargain. You can also get dated stock on eBay and sometimes on ApprovedFood, which is dirt cheap. The fact that their out of date doesn't make any difference to the taste, although some can be slightly chewier. Definitely don't buy from Holland&Barrett, they're about 3 per bar...

Side Effects

None that I know of. Whey isolate is used, so they don't cause bloating or anything.

Conclusion

Quest bars will always be a classic. I'm loving the new flavours that they're releasing at the moment, but new flavours are always pretty pricey. I love these bars, but would never buy a full priced box. Always check eBay for dated stock! Overall, they've got the thumbs up from me.
      • Apple Pie: 10/10
      • Vanilla Almond: 5/10
      • White Chocolate Raspberry: 7/10
      • Strawberry Cheesecake: 7/10
      • Mixed Berry Bliss: 6/10

Thanks to Dymatize Nutrition for sending it out!

• Low Cals And Carbs
      • Good Quality
      • Clean Profile

As I mentioned in a recent review for another of their products, I'm a fan of Dymatize as a brand. In my experience they produce quality supplements at an affordable price, thus I was eager to try out Iso-100 when it opened up to the Troopers. My sincere apologies to Dymatize for the delay in posting this review.

Dymatize's Iso-100 is a clean, no frills whey protein isolate. Each scoop is a lean 110 calories containing 25g of protein, 5.5g BCAAs, no fat, and only 1g of carbohydrates. About as pure and simple as you can find and exactly what I look for in a protein supplement.

I requested and received the Chocolate Peanut Butter flavor which I enjoyed. Not overly flavored although you can tell it's artificially sweetened. This did not bother me at all, but I read that some other users found the taste to be too sweet for their liking. As for mixability, the powder is very fine and appears to be high quality. Mixed easily with almost no clumping or foaming.

I recently resumed an Intermittent Fasting eating protocol and thus Iso-100 as my bridge "meal" between lunch and dinner.

In my last few protein reviews I've quoted Petey on his stance on protein effectiveness as it mirrors my own. That being that the minuscule differences in protein effectiveness noted by a user outside of a lab environment are overblown by users saying a certain product is more effective than another. This is especially true for someone like myself who is not an elite athlete (nowhere near it). This position doesn't change for me even with a whey isolate protein product, which is touted as being better absorbed and more efficient/effective than whey protein concentrate.

In my opinion protein powder is a staple of a well-balanced diet. Also, provided the product is not total garbage and your diet and exercise regimes are dialed in, you'll see results regardless of the product you're using. This was the case with Iso-100. It helped me progress toward my goals and meet my macros, but I can't say I experienced a significant difference in gains as a direct result. I did appreciate the addition of 5.5gs of BCAAs for recovery support. I generally supplement BCAAs regardless, but another clinically-effective dose is always solid.

I'll include the fact that Iso-100 never caused me any indigestion or gas; an indication of its quality. It also did not keep me as full as a protein blend, which is to be expected given whey isolate is digested quickly

The best value for Iso-100 is a 5lb tub which will net you 73 scoops of protein at a total cost of ~$75. Basically $1.00 per scoop. While most generic whey proteins go for a bit less, ~.80c per scoop, whey isolates are generally more expensive. NutraBio's whey isolate will cost you $1.33 per scoop for example. Again, I don't prescribe to the notion that one needs a high quality protein to see results, but if you're committed to whey isolate as your primary post-workout protein source then Iso-100 offers a great price point.

Side Effects

Conclusion

Overall Iso-100 would be one of my first choices for a whey protein isolate. It's hard to beat from both a profile and a price perspective. Even if you're not a whey isolate devotee, Iso-100 is still worth a try.
        • Chocolate Peanut Butter: 7/10

Thanks to Ronnie Coleman Signature Series for sending it out!

Pros:
         Cons:
        • Tastes Good

Hello guys, it's time to review another product. I am a 45 year old supplement junkie. Since August I have been really focused on healthy eating. This led me to sign up for RCSS King Whey bar. I received one of each flavor which is not enough to do a review. However they where good enough that I bought 3 boxes (they where on better sale that way). I work out with weight 3 to 5 times a week and try to do cardio everyday. However being a father, husband and dog owner it doesn't always happen. Below is my log of what I was doing while using these bars.

Pages 39 through 43, I really didn't mark when I took them but that is the general time frame

Ok, so what is exactly in these bad boys, and do we like everything in here? First the breakdown of nutrients.

10g of Fat: I guess it could be a little less but it probably helps it taste better. There is 6g's of saturated fat which is 30% of the daily allowance of a 2000 calorie diet, so you need to take that into account.

35mg Cholesterol: If your like me this isn't bad, once again only 12% of your allotment. I always hate protein powders that have 70+mg's of cholesterol as it does add up if your watching.

350mg of Salt: Not too much and I am sure it helps the taste.

21g of carbohydrates: 1g dietary fiber, 6g of sugar. So as I have mentioned I would like a little less sugar, as I have been researching sugar and how it really has not value. But it is highly addictive and can cause issues with some people. The total amount of carbs didn't seem to be a problem as I continued to drop weight.

20g of protein: Which is a nice dose to use in between meals. Some people might need more and decide to have a protein shake to go along with it, but for me this was plenty.

Now for the important part, where is the protein coming from?

Most of the protein comes from Whey Protein Isolate and Whey Protein Concentrate. However there is some Soy Isolate listed as well. I would like to know what the actual breakdown is in the 20 grams we get. I also am not a big fan of soy, and was surprised it didn't effect the taste for me.

Ok, if you read my log you could find out that I have been off sugar since August 2nd. What this means is the first sample bars I got I freaked out. The Peanut butter cup tasted like a peanut butter cup. The next day I had the triple chocolate brownie and to me it tasted like my wife's brownies. Now, in a fairness when you are not using added sugar and you grab a bar with 6 grams of sugar it will crack out your taste buds. I must admit that as I used them more often I found that they did drop a little in flavor. If I used them as an occasional "Treat" then they where still great. I do think that they are still the best tasting bar I have had. The whole baked cookie thing they have going is great.

There is obviously no mixing issue as these are a bar. You just open and eat, they are already ready to go.

Dosing is also easy. I used these after workouts some days. Sometimes I took them in the car when I was out for the day. Lastly I used them as snacks to get me to my next meal in the afternoon and a couple of times at night. Pretty much anytime you want or need to add 20 grams of protein to your body.

How do you judge the effectiveness of a protein bar? I am not sure how to answer it, so I will tell you what I think. This bar has 20g of protein, which allowed me to get a bump in protein. I also used it when I wasn't home and wanted something somewhat nutritious. I continued to drop weight and gain strength while using these. Is it a direct correlation? I don't know, but it helped me get through some days where I just needed something that tasted like it should be bad for me.

As of 10/17/2017

$25.99 which is $2.17 a bar. They have a discount with auto order of 1,2 or 3 months. First 2 orders 22%, after that 18%

$26.99 which is $2.25 a bar.

So for me these are very reasonably priced. The other bar I would compare it to is Quest, which I buy at my local Hyvee store for $24.99 or $2.08 per bar. I get coupons for them which drops them under $2.00 a bar, and with RCSS you have to look for sales and you can get them under $2.00 a bar. So for a easy to take with no mixing required food source I think they are a great value.

Side Effects

Taste buds that where blown away? Ok that is not a side effect, but I had no negative side effects so all is good with the world.

Conclusion

I personally have already told people to give this a try. I do kind of wish there was less sugar in them, but at the end of the day if you want to you can find a way to make them fit. I wouldn't suggest eating multiple bars a day if your trying to cut weight like I am, but whatever works for you. I don't think they are priced too high, if you can find them on sale then good for you. RCSS also has a auto order program that gives you a discount as well. So as you can guess, yes you should try these. Yes I will probably have a box of these in my house. I have however learned that I don't need one everyday, and honestly that makes them taste better to me anyway.
          • Peanut Butter Cup: 8/10
          • Triple Chocolate Brownie: 8/10

Thanks to Micronamin for sending it out!

• Great Value
          • Heightened Endurance
          • Veterans Support
          • Good Focus
          • Affordable
          • Decent Pump
          • Great Ingredient Profile
          • Some Rare But Exciting Ingredients

I know... You guys probably are looking at my rating and thinking I'm drunk, but I'm not. I'll explain myself. I want to thank Micronamin for more than just their patience as I get caught up on my reviews and for the opportunity to test their product. Micronamin is a veteran owned business and donates a portion of their proceeds to charity in support of other veterans; that's something I think we can all get behind and support.

12 Gauge is absolutely loaded. I really like how the label is fully disclosed but also categorized for its intended purpose. The ingredient list altogether is super long, so I don't plan on getting into the real nitty gritty of every single one. Instead I'm going to focus more on how they complement each other within their subcategories.

The top category is the Superior Endurance Formula with 4g of Citrulline Malate at a 2:1 ratio, close to a clinical dose of beta alanine (3g), a common 1g of taurine, and paltry 300mg of agmatine sulfate. I say paltry in reference to the agmatine there, but I actually really like the whole group from top to bottom. This combination of "pump" ingredients will cause some vasodilation but not so much that it necessarily steals the show from the energy and focus areas. Keep in mind that the more your veins and arteries dilate, the lower your blood pressure becomes. I think by dosing the pump ingredients where they are, 12gauge is being effective in providing increased transport of nutrients to the muscles and the brain, but also governing that effect to a degree so that you still a heady energy rush that comes by maintaining or slightly heightening blood pressure in the body. This is purely speculative though; I'm no scientist. Simultaneously, the strong dose of beta alanine does nothing to provide a pump, but does have a significant impact on endurance. The dosing effectively means that this PWO is equally at home in a cardio driven session or anaerobic lift.

Next we have the Advanced Strength Formula-a combination of Creatine Monohydrate (1.5g), Creatine HCL (750mg), Creatine Ethyl Ester (750mg), and Alpha GPC (300mg). I love to see Alpha GPC in here, and while it's grouped with the strength bunch and rightfully so, it can also have a big impact on cognition and focus. One study cites Alpha GPC as being responsible for increasing weight lifting capacity by as much as 15%. Creatine Monohydrate is an obvious classic, but at 1500mg this isn't going to replace daily supplementation for the desired effects of an extra couple reps per set, but it can't hurt. When complemented with the HCL and Ethyl Ester you might not need the typical 5g though. C-HCL is as much as 60% more biologically available than Mono, and water soluble which not only means it will actually mix in liquid instead of suspend, but also won't lead to water retention. Lastly, CEE is widely popular and many claim it to be more effective than Mono, but there isn't much to back claims from the lab. That aside, C-HCL, CM, and A-GPC are all tried and true ingredients and there's certainly nothing *wrong* with CEE.

Now for the "Insane Energy Formula". Aptly named. This consists of DMHA, Caffeine Anhydrous, Caffeine citrate, and DiCaffeine malate, all dosed at 100mg. DMHA, aka Octodrine, is becoming wildly popular and is a replacement to the formerly popular DMAA. It's an amphetamine mimicking stimulant that works great in the gym, but some users have complained of crashing. From there we have the 100g of standard caffeine anhydrous which is just wonderful stuff as an ingredient goes but will lead to a crash pretty reliably. Caffeine Citrate is a 1:1 ratio typically, and normally used to treat breathing problems in premature babies. For the purpose of being a workout supplement, that may translate, but I'm not sure that it would have any additional effects for a healthy adult beyond the typical CNS response to caffeine. Lastly DiCaffeine Malate of Infinergy has added benefits of making caffeine less harsh on the digestive system, while aiding the effectiveness of anhydrous.

The "Precision Focus Formula" is where all the nootropics are housed. You've got 350mg of NALT, one of the most popular nootropics used now for everything from cognition to focus to well-being to not being as sensitive to cold. Theanine (250mg) is meant to continue aiding in mental clarity and well being. Adranifil is particularly interesting. It's only 30mg, but this is the derivative of modafinil, the active ingredient in Provigil. I've never seen this in a supplement, and at this dose I'm not sure how much it will do, but Provigil itself is pretty nuts. You take it and are simply awake for the next 12-15 hours no matter how boring whatever you're doing is. Yohimbine HCL isn't really a nootropic and is more commonly used for fat burning. In this setting I believe it helps with absorption. Lastly, vinpocetine is meant to aid in all the classic nootropic things of increasing cognition, the feeling of well-being, etc., but 5mg is considered a low dose and there is only 2mg in here.

Last are the "intensifiers"; a various assortment of good things. Maca root is a classic natural test booster, but at 25mg the effects will be minimal as well. Niacin is going to aid in adding to the tingly feeling of the beta alanine and make you heat up. At 25mg you should feel these effects. Beet Root will aid in increasing pump levels, but is kept at a low dose of 20mg here. Lastly, White Willow Bark will help prevent or correct erythema and stop migraines, but you'd probably need 5x the 10mg dose in 12gauge to really have those effects.
            Long story short 12 gauge is loaded.

I mentioned that you all would probably think I'm drunk because of the low overall rating despite the sky high effectiveness and price ratings. This is why.
            Dosing: 20 minutes before your workout, on the way into your workout, whatever-this stuff kicks in quick. 1 scoop will do the trick.

Mixability: My batch of 12 gauge was so clumpy that I literally had to just reach into the bag, grab nuggets of PWO and stuff them into the scooper until I had a little tiny hockey puck of powder. Not surprisingly, it took me like 10 minutes of non-stop shaking to get the chunks broken down enough to even be suspended.

Taste: I know these guys are aware the taste of 12 gauge isn't great, but after reading the other reviews I'm wondering if I got a bad batch. It literally tasted and smelled like stomach acid. I tried to drink it on its own a few times but never managed to be able to. To get it down at all I had to mix it with something else like powdered BCAAs, plug my nose, and drink as fast as possible. It was simply brutal.

I consider 12 gauge to be one of the most ridiculously loaded, high intensity PWOs I've ever taken. If you take any given ingredient you can probably find it in a greater amount in other top-end PWOs but in collaboration, it's peerless. I felt like from the moment I gulped it down I felt a rush of energy. Throughout my workout it just kept coming. Every time I felt like I was falling off and losing some energy it was like something else would hit me. I had cold chills, tingles, I was flush, I was pushing heavy weight better than ever, and I was laser focused. The sweat was absurd. I actually felt bad. I normally get a good sweat going as is, but when crushing the weights on 12 gauge I kind of felt like a super jacked up slug, but instead of leaving a trail of slime as I moved around it was a trail of sweat. Kind of a weird analogy to say the least, but I kid you not-unprecedented levels of sweat. I loved it but I'm pretty sure I just grossed everyone else out.

The first few workouts were almost a little too intense. After those first few though, things kind of settled down and I knew what to expect. 12 gauge delivered reliably.

As far as pumps go, it was exactly what I expected. I could see increased vascularity during my workout, but it took a little longer to achieve a full pump. It never hit the point some other pump-focused PWOs have that feature 6-8 grams of citrulline, for example. But it was serviceable to say the least.

One other thing worth noting was this was equally effective during cardio and weight training sessions. I could pump out a couple extra levels on the elliptical or kick it up a notch on the treadmill and had no issues with the boredom that usually plagues me in cardio sessions. Nothings better than when you can do some cardio and not absolutely hate your life or at best consider it a necessary evil, and actually enjoy it instead.
            I also experienced minimal crashing with 12 gauge. I always lift before work and each time I was able to complete my lift, get ready and go to work, and hit the ground running right away without a fall off.

Here you've got 30 servings for about $25 on Amazon. For the ingredient panel and effects that's a really competitive price. You've got all the perks of the upper echelon of PWOs but at a really manageable price.

Side Effects

Stomach issues were mainly it. I'm not sure if it was a result of the ingredients or the taste though, as it could really be either one. Regardless, they were minimal and typically just meant a 5-minute interruption to take care of business.

Conclusion

So if I'm the outlier with a bad batch that clumped and tasted like absolute garbage, then this is definitely something you need to try. If it is in fact something that everyone's experiencing then I really couldn't even recommend this to my worst enemy. At the end of the day the effectiveness was about as close to a 10/10 as you can get, but the fact that it's literally undrinkable makes it a deal breaker for me. Either way, until Micronamin changes the flavor of at least lemon-lime, expect to win AND lose when you go out and buy this.
            • Lemon lime: 1/10

Thanks to LabTech Nutraceuticals for sending it out!
              October 16, 2017

Pros:
             Cons:
            • Increased Feeling Of Well-Being
            • No Proprietary Blends
            • Potential Increase In Testosterone Levels
            • Libido Boost
            • Slight Pump
            • A Bit Expensive
            • Underdosing To Ingredients

A special thanks to Lab Tech Nutraceuticals for their participation here on SR.com. Today, I discuss my experiences with their testosterone booster, T-Fuel Prime. Testosterone is king when it comes to making us men feel like men. It is responsible for healthy libido, muscle anabolism, as well as a host of other functions in the body. Of course, women obviously have testosterone as well, but for us guys, test levels are more of a concern, especially as we age. Therefore, keeping levels to a healthy optimum is important to keep the alpha gears driving smoothe. While they are in no way a substitute for pharmaceutical grade testosterone replacement therapy, natural testosterone boosters can help give natural test levels a good boost to help support test's overall functions and benefits. I used T-fuel Prime as part of my pct following my cycle with Muscle1's products, so I believed it would be an ideal time to give this product a go.

T-Fuel Prime has a fully disclosed profile detailing all the ingredients and dosages.

In all, a 2-cap serving provides tribulus terrestris at 1,425mg, bulbine natalensis at 150mg, epimedium (horny goat weed) at 150mg, shilajit at 100mg, fadogia aggrestis at 75mg, trans resveratrol at 75mg, ovine placenta at 60mg, DIM at 30mg, and piperine at 25mg. It's important to note that the daily serving for T-Fuel Prime is instructed at 4 caps a day. Therefore, a daily serving would provide double the dosage of all these ingredients. The label simply discloses the dosages for a 2-cap serving.

The only ingredient that I had to do some research on was ovine placenta. Also known as sheep placenta, it is said to contain an abundance of nutrients that can help regulate hormones, strengthen immunity, and speed up cellular repair. The oral dosage I was not able to find information on.

Aside of that ingredient, the rest of the ingredients are well known for their t-boosting properties, cortisol inhibition, and blocking estrogen. Only problem, there is under dosing in some of the ingredients. Anybody who has used Omega Sports T-force will see immediately that the fadogia is probably the most under dosed. The target dosage for fadogia is said to 18mg/kg. So someone like me would need about 1,988mg, but T-Fuel provides only a scant 75mg per 2 caps. The other ingredients are not terribly under dosed but could be dosed somewhat higher.

You are instructed to take 1-2 servings a day, with 4 caps being the max and usually the target dose for most users. I simply chose to take all 4 caps in the morning with breakfast. I did do a spread dosage a couple days to see if it would make a difference, but it did not. Therefore, the full 4 caps in the morning was the most convenient.

As part of my pct, T-Fuel Prime made a very good addition in helping get my testosterone gears back in working order.

My libido was constantly high and strong. I was having frequent, sometimes overly frequent, erections and had a drive that was always craving for more. Aggression, which thankfully limited itself to the gym, was also elevated and I was pounding out workouts with more focus and "alpha" feeling. Strength and mass gained from my cycle was sustained and slightly furthered, but not by a significant amount.

Thanks mostly to the horny goat weed, I also had a little more vascularity and a bit more pump. I had a more positive mood and mindset as well. I also maintained my leanness, thanks mostly I would presume to the shilajit, DIM, and trans resveratrol for their inhibition effect on estrogen and cortisol.

Overall, T-Fuel Prime, while not an alternative for a SERM when it comes to pct, made a great and effective addition to getting ym testosterone levels back in check and maintained to help the gains from Muslce1's products remain strong and consistent.

This is where the product loses some credits. The cheapest I found T-Fuel Prime was 48 dollars on amazon. You do get a 30 day supply, but the issue is how it seems priced more expensive than other equally effective T-boosters I've tried in the past that are about 7-10 dollars cheaper. It is still effective though, so the value is definitely not the worst, but I would recommend doing some prior shopping for better prices should sales arise.

Side Effects

A little acne but that is expected from T-boosters.....nothing severe and it cleared up quickly

Conclusion

While it does tout a high price tag, overall, T-fuel Prime got the job done. Whether as part of pct or a natty cycle, it will help boost libido, aggression, give you some vascularity and pump, and help maintain and strengthen muscle mass and strength. The price just needs some tweaking and an increase in the dosage quantities of the ingredients would be nice.

WARMACHINE OUT!!!

GO pATS!!!

Aminogex Ultra (VMI Sports Nutrition)

Overall
            Thanks to VMI Sports Nutrition for sending it out!
              October 16, 2017

Pros:
             Cons:
            • Improved Recovery
            • Improved Hydration
            • Taste
            • Endurance
            • Fully Disclosed

As always, huge shout out to VMI Sports for sending out their Aminogex Ultra! Always up for a new amino product, and I've had other supplements from VMI in the past. Originally I requested the sweet tea flavor but received tropical mango. I was a little apprehensive at first, but honestly I was impressed with the flavor.

Ingredient profile is better basic, Aminogex follows the standard 2:1:1 BCAA ratio at 7g per scoop. Also included is 1.25g betaine. This is used for endurance according to my knowledge. It's your standard BCAA product, not too much to discuss here. There are a few dyes included, so just be mindful if you are not a fan.

Taste: So as I mentioned, I recieved tropical mango. WOW. I enjoy eating mango, and this was it in liquid form. Taste was spot on. Not overpowering in any way. My next statement doesn't have to do with the taste, but if you use a clear glass/shaker, it looks like you're carrying around a bottle of pee due to its color. That was my only issue, people staring at me in the gym.

Mixability: No issues here. Mixed well. Hardly any foaming. No residue at the bottom of the glass after consumption.

Dosing: I dosed this at 1 scoop during workouts (3-5 a week depending), and 1/2 a scoop in my daily jug just to aid in recovery.

I'm doing a lot more cardio and legs than usual due to an upper body injury. So all my workouts incorporate my legs throughout the week. Taking Aminogex has significantly aided in reducing my DOMs. As stated, I consumed this during workouts and on off days, so it was clearly beneficial. Legs were lifted 2x per week and 3 cardio sessions on top of that on a typical week. I felt it helped most during runs/cardio and aided in my endurance and hydration. For a BCAA product, it did what it was supposed to do.

You can pick this up on allstarhealth.com for 23.99 (shipping not included). I owuld head over to Amazon where you'll pay $26.99 but shipping will be covered if you're a prime member. If you're not, you should look into it. So $24 for 30 servings is $0.80 per serving.

Side Effects

No side effects, except it kinda look like you're drinking urine.

Conclusion

All in all I would pick this up again, but would love to pickup the sweet tea flavor. I felt my DOMs were reduced, endurance during cardio was increased, and it had a fantastic taste. Basic ratio, nothing flashy, a solid product.
              • Tropical Mango: 8/10