Recent Reviews

Overall
Thanks to Millennium Sport Technologies for sending it out!

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Complete Profile
  • Non Proprietary Blend
  • 100% Of RDA
  • Underdosed Extras

Thank you to the SR troops program and the folks at Millenium Sport Technology for the opportunity to try their MVP 365 multi-vitamin. A daily muti-vitamin is a staple for me on a daily basis. I have tried dozens of different brands over the years, via various different forms (ie. capsule, hard pill, powder). Please remember, multi-vitamins are used to supplement your intake of vitamins and minerals from whole food sources.

Expectations:

Expectations:
As long as the mulit-vitamin has 100% of the recommended dosage, I am fine with that. Some multi-vitamins I have felt, via increased energy, however, the goal is that they have some underlying benefit which is probably impossible to gauge.

The product has a rather long list of 40 ingredients, contained in 4 capsules. It's a fully disclosed label for all 40 ingredients.

The Good:

The product has your staple 100% or more of your recommended daily allowance of A, C, D-3, E, K, thiamine, Riboflavin, Niacin, B-6, Folate, B-12, Biotin, D-clacium, Iodine. These are your staples.

The Meh:

Not going to run down the whole list, they threw in some fluff after the above staples, which isn't a bad thing, but they are a bit under dosed, and possibly not effective. For example Ashwagandha (sleep, energy, aphrodisiac) at 50mg. Some practitioners and studies indicate a minimum effective dosage of at least 300mg per day.

Taste: The product has no taste as it is in capsule form

Mixability: There is no mixing with the product as it is in capsule form

Dosing:

4 capsules is one serving

I took the product as directed 2 capsules in the morning with breakfast and 2 capsules with lunch
Based on this dosing it took me 30 days to complete the product, which is contained in each bottle

Very tough to rate the effectiveness, in general, for multi-vitamins. Some in the past I have felt, and some I have not, from a physical effectiveness perspective. MVP 365 had all the RDA percentages that I would look for in the main ingredients. The extra fluff ingredients are a nice addition, however many are quite under dosed and you are paying for them. Hopefully, the product had some underlying benefits for my body.

Value 6/10

The product can be purchased for $17.99 on All Star Health, but you have to purchase $50 or more. That's a decent price, but you have to buy other products.

Side Effects

No side effects during the use of this product

Conclusion

Not a bad multi-vitamin for around $22, which is about the lowest I have seen the price. I would buy it on sale, as there's a few other multi-vitamins I have had that are slightly cheaper without all the fluff.

Thanks to Nature Restore for sending it out!

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Tastes Great
  • Useful Individual Packets
  • High Antioxidant Metric
  • 20 Servings
  • Prop Blend

An antioxidant supplement that doesn't taste like grass, but hard to tell what's in it or if it's worth it.

Greetings SR! Back again with another review and this time it's an antioxidant supplement called ROOTS brought to you by Nature Restore. Firstly, I want to thank the SR TROOPs program and Nature Restore's rep, natureRep, for giving me the opportunity to try this product out. If you want to know of my background, you can find it in my profile here at: https://supplementreviews.com/users/jamesjsix

The packe...

The packet size is 12g and you get...stuff. That's honestly the best way to put it overall as the blend is a prop blend and there are about 40 different ingredients in there. As a few other reviewers have pointed out, the first 3 ingredients are Tapioca Maltodextrin, Pectin, and Flavoring. Since these are not fruit or vegetable related, I have a bit of a concern about how much of the powder is actually what you are buying it for. The prop blend hurts here as if they at least gave us the total greens/reds content, then I know what part is actually the active supplement. For what is in there, the ingredients looks very good with items like Broccoli Sprout Extract, Spinich Powder, Goji Bery Extract and other similar ingredients but again, no idea if the amounts are significant.

This is where most supplements of this time really let me down but in this case, ROOTS shines brightly. If you compare this to something like Amazing Grass, the taste is significantly better and doesn't taste like you just filled a shaker bottle full of dirt and lawn clippings. Instead, the taste of the berries comes through and you just get a hnit on the vegetation that is also in there. This is probably the powder's best feature as supplements like this are only effective if you actually take them.

Mixability and dosing are strong point for ROOTS, it shakes up pretty easily in a shaker bottle (5-10 seconds in a blender bottle) and though it foams up, that foam is very thin and dies down in less than a minute. The dosing is similarly easy as the packets contain 12g each.

5.5

Judging this is hard as taking this supplement should aide in your diet, not give you increased workout abilities, gains, or anything else easily noticeable. Nature Restore try to put a number on how effective this is by touting the Cellular Antioxidant Activity (CAA) of the product as having the CAA of 158 lbs of spinach.

I had never heard of CAA before so internet research turns up that "The CAA assay is a more biologically relevant method than the popular chemistry antioxidant activity assays because it accounts for some aspects of uptake, metabolism, and location of antioxidant compounds within cells." I pulled this from the Journal of Agricultural and Food Chemistry which can be found:

Without a degree in biochemistry, I take the information to mean that it has a strong antioxidant effect, which is one of the primary benefits of eating a diet that is high in fruits and vegetables. What is missing from this is the rest of the benefits that come with a diet higher in fruits and vegetables, specifically the vitamins and minerals that are likely not included in this supplement.

I didn't notice any substantive changes or health effects from this product during the run. I don't have the best diet when it comes to fruits and vegetables so I assume it helped somewhat, but not to the point where I know it was working. Additionally, the package claims to help you feel energized but i didn't notice in increase in energy. So overall, I think this is an effective product when looked at as an antioxidant only, but I don't have a high degree of confidence that it is an effective "greens" or "reds" supplement compared to others since I don't know what's actually in it.

Only place I can find this product is from Nature Restore's own website where you are paying $1.50 a packet and it comes in a 20 pack. That's not cheap and leaves me struggling compared to other similar products. For example, Controlled Labs' Oximega Greens has many of the same ingredients in a fully disclosed label for ~35 cents a serving. The convenience of having the single serve packets is nice, but its not worth an extra dollar plus every time I have this, even if the taste here is far better.

Side Effects

None, no upset stomach or bowel issues.

Conclusion

The only measurable effect of this product for me is the antioxidant factor (through the CAA metric...science). The good taste helps but without knowing the amount of ingredients in the prop blend, I honestly have no idea what is actually in the product, how effective it is, and it's more expensive than its competitors as well. The CAA number seems nice to have and the taste is actually pretty good but I can't really see any reason to get this product over others that are cheaper and fully disclosed. Do not recommend.

RX MULTI (Flex Nutrition)
Thanks to Flex Nutrition for sending it out!

Pros:
 Cons:
  • High Dose Core Vitamins
  • Fully Disclosed Profile

I'm a believer in consistently taking a daily multivitamin in order to ensure I'm meeting core nutritional needs. I usually stick to a basic, one-pill multi with a relatively simple ingredient profile (ON's Opti-Men is my go-to). Considering I'd just wrapped up a run of Animal Pak, I figured rotating back to a product like RX MULTI would be appropriate, thus I grabbed this when it popped up for the Troopers.

I view multi-vitamins the same way I view protein - as a mandatory dietary staple; not a product I expect will take me to the next level. Thus it makes this particular category rather difficult to review.

The core profile of RX is extremely similar to Opti-Men and is, for the most part, really competitively dosed. RX has a stronger dose of vitamins A, all the various Bs, C, D, E, and Folic Acid compared to Opti-Men, a fact which really impressed me considering Opti-Men is one of the stronger dosed multis I've found.

On the flip side, RX comes in light in most dosages of other, less essential, vitamins and minerals. Several ingredients are dosed so low they're essentially non-existent; this includes Magnesium, Selenium, Chromium, and Potassium. While a few of the other ingredients are on point e.g. Choline and PABA, most come in lighter than Opti-Men. Also lacking are any sort of "bonus" complexes such as an enzyme blend, amino acids, or additional organ support.

Of course, pills simply are not a good delivery method of vitamins. They don't trigger digestion and thus aren't absorbed as efficiently (which is why it's always recommended to take vitamins with meals). To compensate for this most multivitamins contain a greater than required amount of core ingredients (it's why you see like 800% daily value of an ingredient included in a single dose - you don't actually absorb all 800%). Additionally, the recommended daily value doesn't account for factors such as body mass and metabolism.

Personally I prefer a vitamin profile that includes higher doses of vital, water-soluble vitamins, which is exactly what RX delivers.

No issues at all. Four easy to swallow caps with no powder burps or overly strong odor/taste. I usually took my four caps with dinner. The instructions do list out a lighter dosing protocol depending on your weight.

As stated, it's difficult to gauge a vitamin's effectiveness. Did I notice a SIGNIFICANT difference taking RX compared to Opti-Men or another multi? Not really. I can't point to any specifics changes in my health or fitness progress as being directly attributable to this product but is that ever the case for a multi?

I will say that I did not get sick during my time on RX, which was a plus considering the sharp weather shifts we've experienced here in New England recently (seriously, friggin 30 degrees in mid-April). All in all RX provided what I've come to expect from a solid multi - a general sense of health and well-being as well as an insurance policy in meeting core nutritional needs.

The industry norm for a men's multi is roughly .50c per dose, with the more aggressive "packs" running closer to $1.00 per day. I could only find Flex Nutrition's MULTI RX on their own website for $30 for a 100 pill bottle. That's a STEEP $1.20 per serving/day cost if you're running four pills a day. If you're under 170 lbs. and drop the dose down to the recommended 2-3 pills daily, that does bring the price point down to a much more affordable .60c-.90c per dose.

Even so, you can grab a big bottle of Opti-Men, 80 servings, for $37 - that's .46c per day. You could then double up each dose to get a massive vitamin load and still spend less per day than it would cost you to run the standard four pill dose of MULTI RX, not to mention you'd be getting a double-dose of all the extra complexes included in Opti-Men. Hard to rationalize in favor of RX in this example.

Flex does tout RX as having "rapid release technology", a concentrated formula, and certified chelated minerals; claims it does not make on its other, less expensive multi-vitamin product. As I wrote in the Effectiveness section though, RX performed on par with other multi-vitamins for me, thus I can't make a case that some of these features are worth the additional expense.

Really price is RX's major shortfall. It's simply too expensive. Yes, the ingredients appear to be quality and the profile is well dosed, but it's essentially double the price of other simple multivitamins and lacks the robust profile of competitor products in this price range.

Side Effects

Conclusion

This is a solid multi that I would absolutely purchase were it not for the high price point. While it's not as flashy as other products, I really don't care about all the additives and bonus complexes. Give me a big dose of core vitamins and I'm happy - and this is exactly what RX delivers.

But, as a man over 170 lbs., I just can't rationalize paying more than double for a 30 day supply of MULTI RX compared to Opti-Men considering the profiles are very similar. I'd recommend it as a good product, but there are several less expensive options on the market.

I will add I am unsure if Flex Nutrition is a newer company and perhaps this is why their products aren't yet available on major supplement retailers. We all know a company's own site is usually the most expensive place to purchase a product. If this were to be available on a major website at a cheaper price point AND I could stack it up with a coupon code, I'd 100% recommend it.

PreWRKT (MDRN Athlete)

Overall
Thanks to MDRN Athlete for sending it out!

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Fully Disclosed Label
  • Quick Energy
  • DynamineTeaCrineCombo
  • Determined
  • Great Focus
  • Great Pumps
  • Pharmacist Formulated
  • Proper Doses
  • Weird Bitter Taste Sometimes

MDRN Good Job!

I want to thank MDRN for sending me this product for review. When I saw the profile...I knew I had to test it. I've always wanted to try Dynamine and TeaCrine together and this has it. It also has other ingredients that I enjoy such as NALT and AlphaGPC. Here we go.

Fully Disclosed Label - Good Job MDRN!

The first category is called a "VitaBlend" containing 4 ingredients:

MDRN Good Job!

Fully Disclosed Label - Good Job MDRN!

The first category is called a "VitaBlend" containing 4 ingredients:

- Vitamin C - 300mg - this was a smart move. Vitamin C contains many healing benefits. This also helps increase N.O levels by reducing free radicals. Some don't even use Vitamin C. Good job MDRN.

- Niacin - 30mg - knows as B3. This is a powerful antioxidant and helps burn fat. Also helps cleanse the body from toxins.

- Vitamin B6 - 10mg - this is a very important vitamin that deals with many metabolic productions and breakdowns. Helps break down carbs and helps improve protein synthesis. Most Pre-Workouts use B6 because it's so beneficial.

- Vitamin B12 - 200mcg - this vitamin deals with DNA synthesis and is responsible for the function of blood and nerve cells. Most Pre-Workouts use this as well due to how beneficial it is.

* I can see more Pre-Workout adding Vitamin C making it a "modern" thing to do. The vitamins above have much more benefits than I listed, but overall I approve.

The second category is called a "SwoleMatrix" containing 4 ingredients:

- L-Citrulline - 6g - they chose pure citrulline which I like. This is targeted for the pump and is superior over other N.O ingredients for being able to raise plasma levels longer. 6g is plenty. I like 8g, but that's me just being picky. 6g Citrulline is more than what most use. Most are 8g Citrulline Malate at a 1:1 ratio which is only 4g pure citrulline. This has 6g. Good job MDRN.

- Beta-Alanine (CarnoSyn)- 3.2g - this is your "clinical dose". This is targeted to buffer the burn while training to help train longer. They didn't add Creatine and most are catching on, but I personally think they should of treated Beta how they treated Creatine and not put it in a Pre-Workout. Oh well. I did not get any tingles. Most products don't give me tingles.

- Betaine Anhydrous- 2g - Yummy! I love Betaine. This is used to target the pump, but also has other benefits. I'm glad it's 2g and not 1.5g. MDRN feels this also acts similar to Creatine, so maybe that's why there is none added. Betaine does a great job in pulling water into the muscles.

- Agmatine- 1g - I don't like Agmatine. I just can't mentally find a way to pretend it works for me. I'm glad it's only 1g. I would of preferred Nitrosigine. I asked MDRN why they chose Agmatine over Nitrosigine and they said they found better results with Agmatine. No worries. I understand.

*The "SwoleMatrix" could use a little work personally, but this product is geared towards energy and focus mainly. They do claim "Unrivaled Strength and Pumps"; the pump needed some work to achieve, but I made it happen and it felt great. I feel Nitrosigine or Glycerol would of been a cherry on top leading to "unrivaled pumps".

The third category is called a "NeuroHack Complex" containing 7 ingredients: This is where the product shines the most.

- N-Acetyl L-Tyrosine (NALT) - 750mg- this is an amino acid that helps your body produce neurotransmitters. I thought 350-500mg was doing something, but wow this is higher than what most products use. Regarding the whole NALT vs Regular L-Tyrosine. I understand some prefer Regular, but this worked for me.

- Alpha-GPC - 300mg - mind muscle connection! This is a precursor to acetylcholine by providing choline. This helps me contract harder and lift more. 300mg is a popular dose. Personally, the more the better. I have seen 600mg in one product, but this already has a high amount of NALT, so I'll trust their combination. Plus, it works. This is personally the best choline source to take.

- Methylliberine (as Dynamine) - 250mg - actually 40% of that, but this is a higher than normal dose that is newly being used. This is the main reason I wanted to try this product. Especially, that TeaCrine is involved as well. This is a newly used ingredient that is similar to TeaCrine, but faster acting and short living. It flirts around with our dopamine levels providing quick energy and focus. It's a crash free purine alkaloid that doesn't make the heart race or effect sleep.

- Theacrine - 125mg - actually 40% of that, but this is a popular dose. I'm a fan of TeaCrine. TeaCrine is also a crash free purine alkaloid that doesn't make the heart race or effect sleep. This alone is great. It is last longing and works even better when stacked with Dynamine and Caffeine.

- L-Theanine - 100mg - this has been shown to increase attention. It also keeps the energy clean from caffeine.

- Huperzine A - 50mcg - this is used to prevent the breakdown of acetylcholine. This is a smart move to help enhance the GPC, which means even harder contractions! I love ingredients that help other ingredients. I will say I feel it could be a little higher, but hey it worked.

- Caffeine Anhydrous- 300mg - we all know this. I'm glad it's just one caffeine source. 300mg is a great dose. I like this dose because it's not too high or too low and flows with their claim "Crash-free Energy and Focus". This isn't a stim product, so 300mg balances great with the Dynamine and TeaCrine.

*I love the fact that Dynamine and TeaCrine are both together. I like how high the NALT is even though some would prefer regular Tyrosine. The GPC and Huperzine really work great together for me. Overall, this "NeuroHack Complex" is brilliant and I can see the mind of a pharmacist coming up with it.

The last category is called "Absorption Aid" containing 1 ingredient:

- Black Pepper Extract- 5mg - this is used to help the body absorb the above nutrients more effectively. I like that.

- Taste - It smelt like Cotton Candy and tasted really good. The first two days I got this extreme bitter taste. More than bitter, I can't even explain. It lasted all day. Some say Agmatine, but I've tried Agmatine and never have I had that happen. I even had that happen with products that don't contain Agmatine, but not this bad. It went away, but there were random times I thought I still tasted it. Overall, dislike the bitterness, it tasted great and smooth. I haven't tried any other flavor. I chose Cotton Candy because it's usually a successful flavor and it was. That bitterness just really stood out to me.

- Mixability - It mixes fine overall. No foam. There are some floaters floating around. You can see in the photo. Nothing left on my lips after drinking even though there were floaters, but besides that it mixes easily. Even when I added powdered carbs.

- Dosing - I take one scoop. I have not tried half a scoop. Some feel less may be more. I feel more is more, but I never took two scoops. I took 1 scoop about 30-40min before training in the morning. A 16.2g scoop is a nice size and it was 20 scoops on the dot! Good job MDRN.

This kicks in really fast for me. Like within 5min believe it or not. EVERYTIME. It never failed. This is the fastest working Pre-Workout I've had for sure. No jitters. No shakes. It has to be the Dynamine. I feel really good when I'm on this overall. I train in the morning so I know if something wakes me up. Out of every Pre-Workout I reviewed so far, I would buy this over all them to be honest. But, there are a couple more I want to try to see where this ranks overall.

Since I was so focused I did a good job on getting a pump, even though there is Agmatine. I don't like Agmatine and usually don't respond well to it. I would still like to see no Agmatine and some Nitrosigine or Glycerol. I love the 2g Betaine. Even though I feel the pump could of came more easily...once I got the pump...it felt great.

- Focus & Energy - Within minutes I got in the zone. I just felt ready and determined. I knew what I had to do. Even when I came home. I cleaned the house better and did more on IG this past month more than usual. The Dynamine really kicks in fast and the TeaCrine extended that. The combination is just beautiful. Not many....actually I don't think anyone has combined these 2 ingredients into a Pre-Workout yet. No jitters or shakes. People talk about the TeaCrine and Caffeine combo, well this has a Dynamine, TeaCrine, and Caffeine combo! Dynamine and TeaCrine are not stimulants, so I never had to worry about a sweats or a crazy come down. Even though they act similar to caffeine which is a stimulant, they are not stimulants. Personally it doesn't make sense to take caffeine without TeaCrine and Dynamine after trying this. No it's not tunnel vision, but it's enough to come close without the crash. I enjoy stims, but I also enjoy the way nootropics feel as well.

- Strength & Power - The nootropics like GPC and NALT really increased my mind muscle connection. The Huperzine extended those ingredients which did lead to higher strength and muscle output. I'm big on Choline and this does a good job increasing grip strength and determination. Most of everything in life is all mental, but I noticed a difference. I think I was so focus/determined that I experimented and actually lifted more than I thought. That's another way this Pre-Workout lead me to more muscle output.

- Endurance: I found myself training longer than usual. This also helped me do more outside the gym that helped get me closer to my goals. For instance, I adjusted my calories for some reason this month. I started reading more. All those little things increased my mental state which increased my physical state. Sounds cheesy, but this last month has been fun while taking this. I noticed it made a difference beyond building muscle which is my goal.

- Pump - Again about the pump. I don't want you to think because it took me time to get the pump or that the "SwoleMatrix" could use a little work that I'm going to overall judge harder. If it didn't do everything else, then yes, overall this would of sucked. But, I made the pump happen and could just add ingredients myself. And that's what I did a couple times...I stacked VasoMax and blew up like a balloon. Plus, we are all different. You may get an easy wicked pump, but for me it took work by itself, but that's okay.

At 20 servings this is one of the highest priced products I've seen. I can't blame them for increasing the price a little though. It contains both Dynamine and TeaCrine which some Pre-Workout containing TeaCrine alone cost almost as much. I feel the price is fair for the profile. The NALT is higher than usual as well. I think it's worth the website price of $43 and any discount is a blessing. I see it on Amazon for the same price. This is a fairly new product so there aren't many places to buy it from.

Side Effects

None. No jitters. No shakes. No diarrhea. No unwanted feelings or effects. My sleep was never effected.

Conclusion

Overall, the profile is beautiful and works for me. The "NeuroHack Complex" did an awesome job getting me in the zone and increasing my mind muscle connection. I felt stronger and got more done in and outside the gym. I would recommend it, especially, for the Dynamine and TeaCrine combo. I wanted this specifically for that combo and it did not fail. Even though I think the "SwoleMatrix" could use a little work, the pumps were there. There are a couple other Pre-Workout products that I want to try before knowing where this ranks overall, but this does rank highest out of the preworkout reviews I've done so far.

EDIT/NOTE

I just saw before submitting this, that Yeah Buddy now has both TeaCrine and Dynamine together. I made a statement that this was the only product with both because it was, but now it was the first to have both and some are joining. Thank you for reading.
  • Cotton Candy: 10/10

Overall
Overall
9.2

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Muscular Endurance
  • Pumps
  • Quality
  • Pricey
  • Mixability

P3aking is a creatine supplement with an added elements of hydromax and Peak O2 for pumps. Made with Creapure for increase of strength, raw power, muscular endurance and size.

I've been going to the gym consistently for over a year now consistently. P3AKING, one of the best supplements I have used. I was not sure how I felt about creatine. I had not read too much into it but I had heard some bad things. But I had also heard it works, so I looked deeper into the bad side of creatine. Creatine is the most researched supplement on the market, it has been around for a long time and due to scrutiny, it has been the focus of much research. My findings from the research specifically scholarly research articles written in the past 3 years is that creatine is actually not bad for you, and it does increase strength output and can add size to your muscles. However, there are higher qualities of creatine and that is something that must be considered. My personal experience with creatine was bad at first because I tried my friends C4, and the creatine in it would really mess with my stomach if I did not drink enough water (and by enough I mean a lot of water). P3aking was suggested to me at a local nutrition store, and I was intrigued. They, explained to me some of the differences in the type and quality of creatine and how P3aking contains some of the best creatine on the market. I researched it and they are right. So I went for it. My strength started to go up about a weak after using it, my muscle endurance went up, and it did not mess with my stomach at all. But the greatest thing about using this supplement, especially stacked with a preworkout is the Hydromax. Throughout the course of using P3aking I stacked it with Pre Jym, a well known pre workout. For me Jym is a heavy hitter and while I was using this stack I was finishing up my bulk and trying to hit the gym as hard and as strong as I could possibly be. This stack helped me achieve that, Jym has creatine in it already so these two together made sure my muscles were getting as much as they could absorb. Now onto the Hydromax, this gave me the best pumps I have gotten. Therefore with this supplement, you get top tier creatine, for an increase in size, power, and endurance(attributed to creatine and Peak02), and a great pump matrix.

5,000 mg of creapure which is some of the best and purest creatine there is, so it's almost guaranteed it will have an effect and a lessened chance of it messing with your stomach. Then there's the 2,000 mg of Hydromax which for me was something I wasn't sure I needed until I experienced the pumps with p3aking.... best pump I've gotten and I've used products that's are specifically just for pumps. Every workout I would end already feeling bigger so a heavy positive. Then finally is the 2,000 mg of Peak O2, for me this was hard to see the effectiveness because I've never used just creatine, because like creatine this is used to boost muscular endurance which for sure as a whole my muscular endurance went up while using P3aking. So to my best knowledge it does as it is supposed to.

Taste- is not good alone but mixed with a preworkout or bcaas even its unnoticeable.
Mixability- the slogan for P3aking is if it doesn't clump it doesn't pump therefore the mixability is not perfect but still not awful. After some slightly hard shaking I never encountered any clumps that were too uncomfortable to swallow.
Dosing- I used one scoop in my pre workout before working out every day as it instructed and it seemed to be a proper dose.

Like I said before one of the best supplements I've used and just as it said it would do it increased my strength right at about a weeks use and continued to increase it and I kept the strength after I stopped using it. Muscular endurance went up however I didn't keep as much of that after I stopped using it. On top of that my pumps were insane. For about 3 of the times I took P3aking I was using a pump enhancing supplement, so in order to evaluate the effectiveness of the Hydromax, I stopped using my pump enhancing supplement. The pumps continued and there was barely any difference, however stacking it with the pump supplement the three times did just make the pumps even greater if that is what's desired, between using it with and without the extra pump supplement. So P3aking for me was effective in all the ways it should have been.

Good value in my books, not a great value because it can be somewhat pricey. The price is about 50 dollars from most places, however my nutrition store has discounts so I was able to get it for more around 40. Comes only at 30 servings which is sort of unfortunate, making the cost about $1.67 per serving. However you get three great things from it; power, endurance and pumps, so in my book that counts for somethign and makes it worth a slightly higher price point since it is not just creatine.

Side Effects

I experienced no side effects, did not mess with my stomach at all which is a huge thing considering I've had bad experiences with creatine in the past.

Conclusion

All in all P3aking is still one of the best supplements I have used. I think the major con of its price point is outweighed by what all it offers you and the quality of creatine you are recieving. It increases your strength and your raw power output and you are able to keep that even after you stop using it. For me this is a definite thing I would by again.

VitaLinx (ProSupps)

• Quality Ingredients
  • Digestive Enzym Bonus
  • Weight Loss Ingredients
  • Slight Aftertaste
  • Weight Loss Somewhat Underdosed
  • Joint Support Slightly Underdosed
  • 5 Pills

One of the top tier multi's with some additional benefits. Vitalinx competes with Optimen and orange triad.

Always use a multi. A hectic life; busy job, not as much sleep as you would like to get. Everybody could use something extra and especially people that frequent this site and probably put in some more time in the gym than your average person. I have stacked different multi's over time and was eager to give prosupps a try.

Ingredients

Ingredients

As with most multi vitamins, the ingredient profile is just too big to discuss in detail. Most common vitamins are included, and way above 100% of the recommended daily dosage. Vitamin B6, calcium, magnesium and copper are included, but these latter category falls short of the daily recommended dose. This is actually a good thing. A surplus in copper builds up in your liver and can be quite dangerous.
Riboflavin and Thiamin are dosed at 1200-1300% of the daily recommended dose. While taking too much vitamin is mostly not harmful, its really mostly a waste of money, since you simply excrete them. Riboflavin and Thiamin help with nutrient conversion to energy and are especially important for people that workout alot.
When compared to other popular / high rated multi's there are some slight differences. Vitalix contains CLA, raspberry ketones and Acetyl L-Carnitine for weight loss. Which is a nice gimmick, Vitalinx also contains an enzyme blend; pre- and probiotic digestive enzymes. Also some added joint support in the form of glucosamine and chondroitin sulfates.

The amount of the ingredients that are added for weight loss and joint support are slightly underdosed; I would't expect too much on this part. It's a nice bonus, but if you are really looking the full benefits of these ingredients I would purchase them separately. For example; the effective amount of CLA is from 350mg and up, vitalinx contains 200. Raspberry ketones are suggested from 100-200mg, vitalinx contains 100mg.
Vitalinx also has added Coenzyme Q10 and turmeric as a bonus.

Medium sized pills. The suggested dose is 5 pills. Fairly normal for an advanced multi. The pills do have a bit of a berry like aftertaste

It is hard to assess the effectiveness of a multi, as it is sort of an insurance policy. A good multi should fill the gaps in your dietary deficient and safeguard you a little against disease. Of course you should get enough sleep and a varied diet, but a multi should help some. While using vitalinx my urine was somewhat fluorescent which is actually a good sign. When using some lesser quality multi's you will not notice this. I felt somewhat less tired and stayed clear of common flu's when they were raging. While I considered the added ingredients as a small bonus I felt like the digestive enzymes actually did their work. Bathroom trips where more regular.

I got Vitalinx at a limited time price cut at M&S, for just 13 USD (45 cents a serving). At this price point Vitalinx surpasses or equals other upper class multi's I believe the value should be rated at the normal price. At the regular price Vitalinx costs 80 cents a day which is fairly above the price of the other mentioned multi's.

Side Effects

None mentioned, except the slight aftertaste.

Conclusion

One of the top tier multi's with some additional benefits. Vitalinx competes with Optimen and orange triad as one of the high quality multi vitamins. The added weight loss and joint ingredients are slightly underdosed. If you are looking for benefits in this department you are probably better of buying stand alone products.The added digestive enzymes do provide some benefit. The regular price point is somewhat higher than upper segment competitors, but vitalinx is a serious contender.

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Strong Libido Boost
  • Gym Aggression
  • Innovative Formula
  • Decent Value
  • Only 20 Day Cycle
  • Horse Pill Size Tablets
  • Initial Low Mood
  • Initial Head Aches
  • Increased Joint Pain
  • 4 Days Of Lethargy
  • Side Effects
  • Not Easily Available

An interesting and innovative test booster that produced solid results in libido and gym aggression. However, it came with side effects and it is not easily available.

Whats up SR? Its time for another test booster review. I recently reviewed a preworkout from Amix Nutrition and today I will share my experience with their test booster, Testo Fuel, with you guys. This was bought in Prague by my brother while on a short vacation trip there. Many people would consider test boosters as scam supplements, designed to fool aging men and body builders to give in their hard earned dollars with lofty promises about a hard sculptured body, fat loss, off the charts libido and all this with the help of flashy labels and intriguing marketing. Yet others would swear by them. I basically see test boosters as a fun category of supplements, and as a 41 year old body builder, maybe I fall into that category of being a gullible middle aged man? However, my experience so far with these supplements have produced some results so I will continue using them. Let's find out how this worked.

The formula definitely is an interesting one. Per 5 tablet serving (100 tablets total in a bottle) you get;

D-Aspartic acid 3000 mg
L-Arginine Alpha Ketoglutarate 1000 mg
Tribulus Terrestris (90% steroidal saponins content) 750 mg
Maca Root Extract 10:1 (Lepidium Meyenii) 500 mg
Testofen (Fenugreek 50% Fenuside) 100 mg
Astragin 25 mg
Taxadrol (Pinus Silvestris) 50 mg
Vitamin B3 (Niacin as Nicotinamide) 16 mg (100% of your daily value)

DAA: a very popular test booster nowadays, that relies heavily on some scientifically validated studies that actually shows that DAA increases luteinizing hormone (LH) and serum testosterone if used for more than 12 consecutive days. This has been shown both in humans and rats in clinical trials. In humans testosterone levels were up 42 % and in other cases 33 % and in both humans and rats the studies shows with scientific validation that DAA accumulates in the testes. It is believed that DAA works by stimulating testosterone production in the testes primarily. Generally 3 g is regarded as a clinical dose for receiving these benefits and Testo Fuel contains exactly that. For further information consult the following study; "The Role and Molecular Mechanism of D-Aspartic Acid in the Release and Synthesis of LH and Testosterone in Humans and Rats" by Topo et al, Reproductive Biology and Endocrinology 2009:7:120.

AAKG: basically a vasodilator often used in preworkouts to increase blood flow, which could be of use also in treating different male health aspects such as erection problems. AAKG has been shown to interact with human growth hormone, but the dose here of 1 g is a low one.

Tribulus: a more or less mythical herbal test boosting ingredient from days past. It has been debunked as such, but it does have libido enhancing properties, which have been scientifically validated. 750 mg is a spot on dose for libido enhancement. The herb has some interesting properties concerning heart health and as an antioxidant.

Maca extract: an herb with libido enhancing properties more than real test boosting ones. It has become widely popular these days and it is believed to have many health benefits attached to it, but it is yet to be established scientifically. It does seem to raise libido effectively though. "Clinical dose" would be between 1500-3000 mg so 500 mg here is under dosed.

Testofen: another patented brand for Fenugreek, a classic test boosting herb which has been used for centuries for its libido enhancement and virility producing benefits in both men and women. Clinical dose would be around 500-600 mg daily, so 100 mg here is under dosed.

Astragin: an ingredient basically used for increasing absorption of the ingredients here within the body in a more effective manner, that is; promoting increased bio availability. 50 mg is the recommended daily dose so we have a clinical dose here.

Taxadrol: a patented botanical extract conglomerate which is touted as an innovative test booster. It is based primarily on one scientific study which claims to raise serum testosterone by 180 % in human test subjects. The extract is based on several botanical ingredients which are extracted and isolated by the patent owners All American Pharmaceutical. The study which this is based on is an in house study so there are some problems with that, but it all looks promising. Consult the study here; http://allamericanpharmaceutical.com/Docs/rodent-and-human-trials-of-the-testosterone.pdf

Vitamin B3: promotes natural energy and protein synthesis as well as providing a good environment overall for the possibility of raised testosterone levels.

These are tablets so no taste issue here. Or? Let me say this; as soon as I put those horse pills size tablets in my mouth I immediately tasted that awful sour, herbal pungent flavor. That in combination with the pills being so large was not something I looked forward to. As soon as you found the right technique in swallowing them with lots of juice or a protein shake it became easier though. Amix states that you should take 5 tablets spread out over the day, preferably between meals. I basically just took 3 tablets after lunch and then 2 more in the evening after dinner. On training days I took them about 1 hour before workout to maximize effects.

The most important section for most supplements, but especially for test boosters. Did I receive any benefits at all? Let's take a look;

Libido: yes siree Bob! After only two days on this I immediately felt that my libido was going up and doing so strongly! Spontaneous erections and that overall libido enhancement definitely made me convinced of the positive effects in that area of this test booster. The libido increase lasted throughout the 20 day cycle and as such this was a superb product. No need to go further on that subject lol! It worked.

Energy/aggression: I definitely felt that my gym aggression increased which provided that extra help in the gym with the weights. However, the irritability continued outside the gym as well, but it subsided after a while so no big deal there. Energy was up a bit, but not overly so. It was noticeable, but to be honest I expected a bit more. However, this was only a 20 day cycle so perhaps I would have to take this for a longer period to accurately assess energy in a fair way. It provided me with a slight energy boost overall.

Lean mass/hardening: I didn't see anything in this category unfortunately. Again, this was only a 20 day cycle, so the time span was way too short to evaluate these desired effects in a fair way. I didn't see anything in fat loss, but I'm bulking so this was not something I wanted either. Had I taken this another 20 days maybe effects would have been noticeable here.

My brother paid approximately 20 US dollars for 100 tablets (20 day cycle) and this is a pretty good price. However, this isn't easily available online as he bought it in Prague on site. I found it on Amazon for 25.10 which is approximately $ 35, not a bad deal for a test booster. However, only 20 days limits the value. You can also get it from Amix Nutrition's own web store, where 100 tablets costs 30.90, which is approximately 43 U.S dollars. However, if you shop for over 50 you get free shipping so that could perhaps be something to think about. Even so, the price for online purchase is steep and there are cheaper test boosters around which are also more easily available.

Side Effects

This is the section that I hoped I wouldn't have to write in. There were several side effects with Testo Fuel and this brings down the overall experience with it. After approximately 2 days on this I felt some head ache coming on. It came and went periodically for 2 days and then disappeared totally. The worst side effect was the lethargy which came on day 3. I have never felt this way and it was bizarre! I basically had to drag myself to the gym and everything felt hard and difficult, even lifting my usual maintenance weights. Im not joking here guys, a couple of times I had to take a nap on the couch, because I was so tired! This lethargy, which could be induced by hormonal imbalance or possibly by increased estrogen levels initially subsided after a few days and never came back. Alongside this I also felt a bit depressed actually. My mood was down and this could of course also be induced by the lethargy. I already have some joint pain in my back and wrists due to years of lifting, but I felt an increase in this joint pain as well with this test booster. Again, as with the other side effects it eventually subsided within the first week, but it was uncomfortable enough.

Conclusion

So, due to side effects with this one, I have to give it a meh status. Sure, the side effects subsided and the rest of the cycle was good, but overall the negatives were many initially. Now, this is just me, maybe someone else wouldn't get these side effects. Supplements are strange in that way, they work very individually in the end. But on the positive note; the side effects could be due to rapidly increasing testosterone levels. This is not impossible at all. If you find it for a good price, I would say go for it. The formula definitely was an interesting one. The libido boost was significant and constant so that could be a reason for trying it if you are so inclined. As a male health supplement it definitely takes the cake. I wont give it an "angry face" since it had some positive effects, but the side effects brings the overall rating down.

• Great Value
  • Slight Energy Boost
  • Very Little Side Effects
  • Very Slight Bloat
  • Low Pumps

I am always willing to try new things. Any time I stop by Wal-Mart or GNC (ect.), I alway check out what the deals are. I was able to find this little guy a while back and today I'll try to give it a review.

Body Fortress has been around for a while now. I typically see this brand at Walmart. I don't know if it is an equivalent to their "Great Value" products. I was in there earlier in the year and noticed the Super Advanced NOS Blast was sitting there on clearance for about $17.00 for 35 servings. I've seen it advertised online for anywhere around 25-30, so being a Pre-workout enthusiast, I bought it. Now I know on the label it says Pre workout amplifier. In my opinion I would list it as full preworkout.

16 Oz. Fruit Punch
Serving Size 1 Scoop (13 g)
Servings Per Container about 35
Sodium 15 mg 1%

Crea-ATP Matrix 2.5 g (2,550 mg) ***
Creatine Monohydrate
Creatine Hydrochloride

Nitro-Dilate Complex 2.5 g (2,500 mg) *** (Provides the PUMP)
L-Arginine 1.5 g ***
L-Citrulline Malate 750 mg ***
Agmatine Sulfate 250 mg ***

Neuro-Max Blend 1.5 g (1,525 mg) ***
L-Taurine 1 g ***
Choline Bitartrate 375 mg ***
Caffeine Anhydrous 150 mg

It has what is called Crea-ATP Matrix in it. This is combining Monohydrate with HCL creatine. It has potential given that HCL tends absorb better in the intestines. This may be the reasoning that the amount is lower that what is normally associated with creatine.
I like the way the label is listed. While it is a "complex" it does show the amounts of ingredient in it.
Agmatine Sulfate is also going to help out with that L-Arginine, and L-Citrulline Malate to produce the pump effect.

I got the fruit punch flavor. It was a typical taste that you would normally get from a pre-workout. Using a shaker bottle, the mixing was not really an issue but it was not consistent. There was a little bit of clumping going on. I shook it for about 45 seconds to a minute. I eventually had to just chew the chunks, which provides a whole new experience. If you can manage this, it really was not too bad. 1 scoop about 30-45 minutes before my training is what I took. I don't generally increase scoops due to me being caffeine free. (one scoop did the trick for me)

7.00/10
I gave it a 7 for the fact that I could tell this stuff was working and it did get my workouts going, but it was not completely solid results. I feel that if there was some more L-Arginine in the mix and maybe if the monohydrate was taken out and replaced with a little more creatine HCL, the product would have been a solid 8.00. The reason I say that is because I did feel a little bloated. I can't say for certain it was the monohydrate, but it can't be ruled out. I have had some Creatine Monohydrate in the past that did bloat me. The HCL will require less amount in dosing and has a better absorption rate so in my opinion would in turn cause less bloat.
While I did have some bloating, I did feel stronger the longer I took the product. So that is a plus 1 in my book. I did not have a significant pump as i normally do, so that was a little disappointing.

9.0/10
I am going to give it a 9 in value because it is nearly .50 per serving for me. I cant get a cup of Coffee or an energy drink for that daily. I was pleased that I paid less that $20 for a supplement with over a month in servings. I will buy it again if I see it that low.

Side Effects

As mentioned above the only side I had was the slight bloating.

Conclusion

Overall Rating:
7.5/10
Body Fortress Super NOS Blast was an inexpensive product that yielded some good, not solid results. The product itself was decent. Like mentioned above, it could have a little more L-Arginine and Creatine HCL, but that is completely preference of me. The pump wasnt as strong, strength was there, and it did give me some bloat but It would be a great beginner preworkout Amplifier as described on the product, or in my opinion, a preworkout. Either way, it is nothing that should be overlooked if you have a few dollars and want something in a lower end budget.

9.5

• Reputable
  • Fully Clinical Doses
  • Focus
  • Energy
    In my opinion Pre Jym has everything I would look for in a pre workout.

I am relatively new getting back into lifting and supplements. When I was younger I was an athlete and a Marine and worked out often and used supplements on and off. I am now a little older and getting back to work trying to get rid of "dad bod." It seems that supplements have really taken off. I have used many different supplements especially pre workouts, mostly from the big name brands.

In my opinion Pre Jym has everything I would look for in a pre workout.

You can see on the label that basically every ingredient that is recommended in a pre workout supplement is there along with another that's not always present. Black pepper fruit extract helps your body with absorbing the other ingredients which should help you get the maximum effect. According to Jim Stoppani the proper dose of each ingredient is put into his products. I am not a scientist, but from my research and experience that claim does seem to be true with Pre Jym.

I have tried cherry limeade and strawberry kiwi flavors. Both are good and easy to drink. However, my favorite is definitely strawberry kiwi. It is different from anything else you've tasted, but pleasantly surprising. Just keep an open mind when trying it. The powder is easy to mix and blends quite well. Not "grainy" texture or residue noticeable when drinking, but if left sitting for a while there seems to be particles that fall to the bottom. This is easily rectified by a quick shake before you drink.

The effectiveness is without a doubt the best part of Pre Jym. It does not come on you really strong like some pre workouts do and it doesn't make you feel "twitchy" or "jittery." In my experience I take it on my way to the gym and by the time I'm done warming up on the elliptical for 10-15 minutes I'm ready to go. It makes you extremely focused while you are working out and you literally don't want to stop. Your mind keeps pushing for more even when your body is wore out. The pumps are good, but I wouldn't necessarily compare them to NO3 or anything, but that's a totally different product. There is no "crash" when you are done it just wears off with no problem.

It is a little more expensive than a lot of the pre workout supplements out there, but this is probably a case of "you get what you pay for." Pre Jym is definitely superior to the pre workouts that I have tried.

Side Effects

I did not notice any side effects. I thinks you could even use this product when you are going to mow your yard or something.

Conclusion

I would highly recommend Pre Jym to anyone looking for a pre workout supplement. Bottom line is it truly just works amazingly.
    • Raspberry Lemonade: 8/10
    • Strawberry Kiwi: 9/10

Thanks to VMI Sports for sending it out!

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Quality Ingredients
    • Tastes Great
    • Better Recovery
    • Mixes Perfectly
    • Affordable
    • Great Macros
    • Non GMO
    • One Size Option
    Hey, hey!! Let me start off by saying thanks to the folks at sr.com and VMI Sports for teaming up to allow me to try this ProtoLyte protein. Anytime I get a chance to try a protein I've never had before I get a little excited. I've had some good ones and some terrible ones. It's part of the process I guess. I've been trying to put on some size, and strength I have lost over the last few months. I started going back to a lot more cardio because I can do it anywhere. Weights, for me, have to be done in the gym because I don't have any at home. Work/life have been crazy so it's been easier to just go outside and run than lift. However, I have been back at it for a couple of months now and it's starting to come back to me.

FULLY DISCLOSED LABEL... That's my favorite kind of label. 0 fat, only 40mg's of sodium, less than 1 carb, and 25g's of protein in one scoop. I'll take it. It also gives you a few other ingredients that you may find helpful. I will attach a picture of the label to this review so that you can see all the ingredients. The BCAA profile seems to be a typical one and that's just fine with me. I like the fact that they use Non-GMO cold processed whey protein isolate as their protein of choice in ProtoLyte. It seems to be extremely clean.

I received the Vanilla Peanut Butter to try and it was pretty AWESOME to say the least. I'm not a big fan of vanilla by itself so I usually add some PB2 to it. This tasted just as good without having to add anything to it. I tried it with 2% milk, and with water. It mixed just fine with both. No clumping. I love the thickness of the shake with the milk and since I am trying to put some muscle/size back on I'm ok with the extra calories. I was adding 1-1.5 scoops in to the milk with about 8oz milk and 40z of water. With the water it was 1-1.5 scoops with about 10oz of water.

It's always hard for me to judge protein in the effectiveness category so I go based on how I recover. Am I more sore than normal? Am I the same?? Better?? That's the only real way for me to tell if it is working or not. With ProtoLyte I seemed to not be as sore as in the past. My leg days didn't seem to brutal like they did in the past. It could have been because of the increase in calories. It could have been because I was able to get more rest also. I'm sure it was a mixture of all three though. I drink plenty of water throughout the day so I didn't seem to notice the hydration it's supposed to give you either. I'm sure it does, but it's hard to notice when you are drinking a gallon+ a day. I didn't experience any GI issues. No bloating. Nothing.

The cheapest I found it was $34.99 for 25 servings. It's an Isolate that is pretty dang clean and tastes amazing so it's worth it in my opinion. You can always find cheaper proteins. However, in my humble opinion, you would have a hard time finding one cleaner, that tastes this good, and for this price or cheaper.

Side Effects

No side effects noticed.

Conclusion

In the end I want to thank sr.com and VMI Sports for giving us the chance to try a GREAT isolate protein. It tastes great. I t can help you get your daily protein intake met, and it's clean. I couldn't ask for more in a protein powder. Although I didn't notice any added strength, size gains, or overall performance gains I don't drink protein specifically for any of that. It helps me with recovery and that I did seem to notice. Overall, it gets 2 thumbs up and a solid recommendation from me. Thanks!!
    • Vanilla Peanut Butter: 8/10