Recent Reviews

Thanks to NutraBio for sending it out!

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Gh Release
  • High Qualtiy
  • The Bottle Never Ends
  • No Additives
  • Increased Pump And Vascularity
  • VEINS
  • Vasodiolation
  • Good Pump
  • Not As Good Of A Value
  • Value Depends On Amount Of Servings Used

First off I want to thank Nutrabio for letting us troopers have the chance to give this product a try. This has been another product from then that I have been hoping and waiting would show up on the trooper list. After using many of their products so far and most everything being pretty good I figured this would another good product from them. I have never really been that much into using single ingredient products like this beta alanine, and citrulline type products until recently. Being able to add products like this so you can get a little more out of it I have found to be rather helpful. For someone like me who has a hard time noticing pumps this product really helped me a lot with that.

This is made up of one ingredient only 1g pure agmatine sulfate. For other ingredients there are absolutely none it says on label which I like no extra fillers.

I found on their website some good info I wanted to share they have about what agmatine is and does and the benefits of using it. I think they do a really good job of explaining way more in depth just what is agamatine and what all it does.

Benefits of agmatine
Increase Muscular Pumps
Enhances Nitric Oxide (NO) Production
Improves Nutrient Delivery to Muscle Cells
Improves Muscle Cell Insulin Sensitivity
Boosts Endurance and Decreases Recovery Time
HPLC Tested by an Independent Lab

Agmatine, the next generation "Super Arginine" for ultimate Muscle Pumps:

Agmatine is the next generation arginine and is often referred to as "Super Arginine" because of its ability to give explosive increases in Nitric Oxide synthesis. Increased nitric oxide results in vasodilation, which increases blood flow, nutrient delivery to skeletal muscle, and oxygen transport. Increased blood for ultimate muscle pumps. It acts as a neurotransmitter, a precursor to the polyamines and has many other key biological functions within the body.

The Science and Research behind Agmatine:

Agmatine is a metabolic byproduct of Arginine. It is formed within the body after L-Arginine interacts with the enzyme arginine decarboxylase. Agmatine is basically Arginine with the carboxylic acid end removed. Agmatine produces the byproducts guanidino-butyladehyde and the polyamines putruscene, spermine, and spermidine which are involved in cell growth. Agmatine is found in tissues throughout the body and is synthesized and stored astrocytes, glial cells in the brain and spinal cord, which provide structural and metabolic support to the nervous system. Agmatine acts as a neurotransmitter and neuromodulator with a vast array of actions in the body. Agmatine is an imidazoline receptor agonist. Imidazoline receptors have several functions: regulation of insulin secretion, pain modulation, and neuroprotection/neuromodulation. Clonidine, another imidazoline receptor agonist, has been noted to stimulate the release of luteinizing hormone (LH). Researchers conducted tests on agmatine and found that it can also modulate the release of LH from its interaction with hypothalamic tissues. The modulation of imidazoline receptors by agmatine has also been shown to improve insulin sensitivity.

This is unflavored. If you mix this with straight water it will have a very bitter taste to it which is not very good. I would highly recommend you mix this with either your pre-workout or some kind of flavored drink. When I mixed this with my pre-workout I never really noticed it at all.

No issues at all with it mixing. No clumps or anything like that. Dosing is going to vary a bit. I did between 1-3 scoops depending on the day and what body part I was working that day.

The main reason I got this was to help me with more pumps and more vascularity. I am someone that has a really hard time noticing pumps unless I have a really high amount of pump ingredients I am taking and doing a lot of high volume training and taking very little time between sets to help keep that blood flow pumping more. I felt after using this product that this really works good maybe even better than I thought it would.

Like I said above I would do 1-3 scoops depending on the day and what body part I was working. I started out with 1-2 scoops at first just to test it out and see how that would work and if needed I would go up to 3 scoops. I would not do more than 3 scoops and don't recommend you doing so and I will explain why. Doing the 1-2 scoops was not to bad depending on what body part I was working that day. At 1 scoops the pumps I got were not to bad but would have liked a little more so I started doing 2 scoops instead. On certain days 2 scoops felt really good. I felt I got a good decent pump and then sometimes it was almost to much to handle but not nearly as bad as 3 scoops was. After awhile I thought I would try 3 scoops and see how that would work. When I did the 3 scoops boy did I notice it a lot more. Depending on what body part I was working that day when I did the 3 scoops I could really feel the pumps and it was to much. The pumps I would get from 3 scoops was way to much and very painful. It was so painful that when I was trying to go heavier on weight I could not do it and had to back off a bit on the heavier weight and some of the other stuff I was doing. After trying the three 3 scoops and finding out how painful that was on pumps I went back to using 2 scoops for most of the time.

The days when I had to be really careful how much I used was leg day. That is the day I seemed to really notice the pumps way more so than any other day I would workout. I made the mistake of doing 2 scoops a couple of times on leg day and should not have done that. The pumps it gave me in my legs where so painful I could hardly go very heavy as I would normally do and it made it a lot harder for me to get through my leg workout. After doing that I was either going to not use this on leg day or take no more than 1 scoop at most. I decided lets see how 1 scoop is on leg day and if that was still to much I would not use this on leg day. 1 scoop was not to bad but if I started to increase my leg workout a little more and go heavier then I would start to feel it a little more and had to be a little more careful so I did not over do it. On certain body parts I would work this gave me some pumps that felt really good and then some body parts it always seemed to hurt a little more instead of just giving me a nice decent pump.

The thing I liked about doing the higher dosage was the vascularity this would give me. That part of it I really liked a lot at a higher dosage but not so much for the pump part. At a higher dose this gave me really good vascularity to where I was seeing a lot more veins popping and showing up in places I don't usually see them. I think overall this does a really good job at helping to open up your blood vessels more and get that blood flowing better so you can feel those pumps and more vascularity a lot better. I do a lot of higher volume training and I feel that this really helped me a lot more at getting those pumps than I normally did before.

This I found to be good at helping reduce some DOMs I may have. It was nothing real outstanding but did help some and any kind of extra recovery I can get is always nice to have. I never knew agmatine helped with recovery I thought it was more for giving you pumps but I was happy when I found this out. Also I found out after I used this that it can help at night with GH levels and boost your REM sleep a little which I did not know. If I would have know that I would have used it at night to see if it would have helped any.

The cheapest I could find anywhere was $32.99 for 90 servings. If you can get by with one scoop then it's not so bad a deal. For most people they will want to use 2-3 scoops and that starts to really bring the value down a lot. Even at one scoop the price is maybe just a little high but not horrible. I know there are some better deals out there. I think because of the name and what all they go through to make this is part of the reason the price is a little higher. So even at the $32.99 value I still think it is worth it because I know your getting a solid product that does work.

Side Effects

Depending on how may scoops you use and what body part you are working the pumps you can get at times can be really painful and you may need to back off the amount of servings you take.

Conclusion

Overall I thought this was a really good product maybe even better than I thought it would be. For someone like me that has a really hard time noticing pumps and then giving me great pumps like it did I have to say is a very solid product to use. If your someone that is looking for either a decent pump, good pump, or painful type pumps this will really help you with that a lot. Also the vascularity this will give you is very good and very noticeable. This is a product I would highly recommend using but would like to see the price on this lowered a little because there are some better deals out there. If you are willing to spend the little extra on this at least it will be worth it because you are getting a very solid product that does work. I will say this will be a product I would be more than happy to use again. Again I want to give a big shout out to Nutrabio for making this product and letting me have the chance to give it a try.

Thanks to LabTech Nutraceuticals for sending it out!

• Quality Ingredients
  • Endurance Elevations
  • Enhanced Focus
  • Better Mood
  • Strong
  • Not Suitable For Overly Stim Sensitive
  • Bit Expensive

A special thanks to LabTech Nutraceuticals for their participation here on SR.com. Today, I discuss their pre workout Biometric Shock. After having a great experience with their other pre workout Full Spectrum, I was curious to try this one out. I consider myself pretty stim-tolerant and have tried some of the strongest pre workouts both available today and the ones of back in the day before strict stim regulations (such as the DMAA ban) were put into place. So I wasn't hesitant to give this a go, but of course I always play it safe and assess tolerance to each individual product in the beginning.

The profile is fully disclosed with no prop blends.

It begins with a dosage of vitamin B12 at 100mcg.

Following is the performance complex containing beta alanine at 3,700mg and black pepper fruit extract at 5mg.

Next is the Energy complex. Before I discuss the ingredients I'd like to note that this product contains three types of caffeine sources and a high stim concentration of other ingredients overall. If you are particularly stim sensitive, I would use significant caution with this product.

The complex contains caffeine anhydrous at 375mg, theobromine at 325mg, 2-aminoisoheptane at 175mg, caffeine citrate at 100mg, DiCaffeine Malate at 75mg, synephrine hydrochloride at 50mg, yohimbine hcl at 20mg, and huperzine-a at 50mcg.

Now as I said, the stim-sensitive should be very careful considering the stim amount concentrations in this product. Given the three sources of caffeine, it combines to a total of 550mg. However, as LabTech would describe, due to the chemical yield nature of caffeine citrate, realistically this product actually totals 475mg since citrate yields 50% of caffeine content. Still, that is an exuberant amount of caffeine in one hit. Of course, lets not forget the 2-aminoisoheptane (DMHA) which is also stimulant and the high dose of yohimbine hcl, which does have stimulative properties in it's own right. This is literally, not for the faint of heart.

Huperzine-a and theobromine have cognitive enhancement properties and synephrine hydrochloride can induce thermogenesis.

Moving along towards the end of the profile is the focus/mood complex containing taurine at 1,000mg, citicoline at 300mg, l-dopa at 250mg, hordenine hcl at 50mg, and noopept at 30mg. All of these ingredients can enhance focus to an optimal level and give a good boost in mood as well. I would like a little more taurine though.

Overall, an effective looking profile with the exception of the fact that with all the stimulants, this is clearly a stim-junkies dream come true. Again, those sensitive to stims, use caution.

I received the sour gummy candy flavor and I personally liked it. It was not too sweet, sour, or had any unpleasant chemical like taste or aroma.

It mixed well in water without any undissolved grit or sediment.

Dosing is what you would do with any other pre workout. After assessing my tolerance with half a scoop pre workout for the first few day, I took a full scoop mixed with water 20 minutes before my workout.

Please assess your tolerance with this product.

I'm gonna resort to the category method for this one.

Energy (10/10): YIKES!!! Biometric shock lives up to its name in the sense that it will give you some hard hitting, consistent, clean, strong as hell energy. I felt like I was on meth with this stuff. I was bouncing off the walls, pumping iron after iron, each consecutive workouts with no crash. Be sure to ensure that you don't take this too close to bedtime if you happen to workout in the later evenings. Also as a side note, no I do not do drugs and never tried meth, it was merely a dramatization.

Endurance (8/10): I would say it was mostly in combination with the strong stim surge energy having a carry over effect, but I did get a very notable increase in my endurance on this product. I was able to expand rep ranges on several lifts, both isolation and compound, run for longer cardio intervals, and engage in my boxing more aggressively. Makes me wanna challenge Floyd Mayweather.

Focus/Mood (8/10): I got real good, razor sharp focus an better mood from Biometric shock. I had that characteristic "I'm gonna do this" aggression type mindset and I was far less distracted and more honed in on weight training objectives through my workouts. I also had an overall more positive persona among fellow gym peers.

Thermo Effect (5/10): I actually didn't get a significant thermo effect from Biometric shock alone, but I did sweat a little more and had a more "heated" feeling in my core at times. This occurred mostly during my cardio, boxing, and High volume weight training sets. Still, not the strongest thermo effect.

On a last note, since the product didn't have any pump ingredients, I compensated that by adding in some of Nutrabio's agmatine to the pre workout. This allowed it to have a pump effect.

The cheapest I found Biometric shock was 44.99 for 30 servings. This does seem high, but given the phenomenal efficacy I'd say it is still a very good price for a product of this degree. Furthermore, if you only opt for a half a scoop, that increases the duration of the product by double, so that further improves the value.

Side Effects

gerves11, who reviewed this before me, noted that he experienced some significant side effects from this including jitters, rapid heartbeat, and nausea. I myself experienced no side effects, but as I noted, I am more stim tolerant. This further stresses my advisory on assessing your tolerance with half a scoop first and seeing how you react to it. Everyone will respond differently.

Conclusion

I will say it once more, please use caution with this product if you are sitm sensitive. Other than that, Biometric shock was an intensively effective pre workout that gave me powerful energy, great focus, improved mood, and elevated endurance. If you are more stim tolerant and wanna try a strong concoction that packs a punch in all areas, give Biometric Shock a go.

WARMACHINE OUT!!!

GO BRUINS!!!
  • Sour Gummy Candy: 8/10

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Good On Joints
  • Faster Recovery
  • Not Much Size Increase

I was looking for the best laxogenin product for a while before finding this. I heard they don't absorb very well which would not give good results but this one had cyclosome delivery which is supposed to make you absorb most of it.

Laxogenin 50mg
Comes from a plant that is supposed to be a natural plant based steroid. It is supposed to give results similar to anavar. It increases protein synthesis while decreasing protein breakdown.

Laxogenin 50mg

Other Ingredients: Cyclosome delivery (microcrystalline cellulose, phosphatidylcholine, hydroxypropyl beta cyclodextrin, phytosterols, stearic acid, magnesium steartate and silica.
This is cyclosome delivery that makes it go into the body better than others do. It works by going straight into the liver and skipping the digestive process which could break it down and give you a lot less of the product than what is said.

These are dry white capsules you swallow so no taste. It might be hard to swallow if you've never had a dry capsule. These a slightly bigger than average size. You take 1 capsule two times a day spread throughout the day. I took one in the morning and one before going to the gym. On week ends I did one in the morning and one at night.

It claims to increase strength and size gains, increase protein synthesis and lean muscle and recovery.

I lift weights 5 days a week and mix cardio in two or three days a week. I train a different body part each day.

I noticed that after my first week my joints were feeling a lot better and were not feeling dry any more and I wasn't taking a joint supplement. After my third week I was increasing my weight on each machine every week. I did not gain any size any where but my chest but that was a very slight increase. I was able to take a shorter break between sets after my first bottle. When I continued onto my second bottle nothing really changed.

I paid $45 for two bottles at a1supplements which is $0.75 a day or $0.38 a capsule.

Side Effects

Conclusion

I think this is good for someone who wants to be natural or is new to taking strength supplements. If you want to grow but want to be safe then this is the product to take.

Thanks to Wildflower for sending it out!

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Joint And Muscle Relief
  • Different Kind Of Relief
  • Strong Cooling
  • Strong Smell

What's up SR- BCTut here, wrapping up my Tour de CBDs from Wildflower's product line. As it is with (I'd assume) anyone that has been working in the weight room for 15+ years or was competitive in their sport at a relatively high level, I have daily pains that flare up from time to time... or never go away. For me, my shoulders are always suspect along with my left knee and lower back. I had a few minor injuries while using this, so I guess the silver lining to that was that I really got to put it to the test.

The active ingredient in Wil...

The active ingredient in Wildflower's CBD+ Cool Stick are the CBDs themselves. The product contains 300mg of CBD total, but also contains coconut oil, hemp oil, shea butter, beeswax, ecosoya (soy wax), Vitamin E, CBD oil, Peppermint essential oil, and menthol crystals.

Through this type of application, CBD should have an anti-inflammatory effect locally-- only around the area where it's applied. In other applications like ingesting the oil through pills or on food, or by smoking or vaporizing the plant or a liquid/oil, you should notice a more liberal effect throughout the body.

I wouldn't recommend tasting OR mixing this. It's not food and it won't dissolve. I didn't try... but just a hunch. I suppose you could eat it when looking at the ingredients... but you could probably eat a lot of things you don't want to.

As for dosing, the effects are very quick and just get better as you workout. I'd usually apply this to problem areas before I worked out and started my warm-up. They usually hurt already anyway. There were plenty of times though that I noticed pains mid-workout and applied it while I was already sweating too. Besides just being kind of gross feeling to rub wax on yourself while you're all sweaty, I didn't notice any change in the effectiveness through either method. However, applying to hot skin did seem to use significantly more of the wax then applying to when cool.

This is applied just like deodorant basically. It has a very strong, very long lasting cooling sensation. What it does not have is a heat component to it. I was able to apply this to my hip flexor with no issue. If you've ever done that with Icy Hot... I'm sure you regretted it. This wasn't uncomfortable at all.

The scent is so strong that it will sting your eyes a bit though. It either fades after a few minutes or you get acclimated, but it's definitely going to cause some eye watering if you apply it high up close to your head.

After applying you will be pretty greasy around the area. It takes quite a while to absorb and there will be a film until you shower off that isn't really bothersome, but is noticeable. I didn't have any issue with it transferring to my clothes either.

The Cool Stick was really effective at taking the edge off of reoccurring pain areas. At no point would the pain be gone entirely, but I never had to worry about my lift being cut short due to soreness. I definitely overwork my lower back with the way I lift, as well as my shoulders, so that's where I used this the most.

The occasions in which I forgot to apply the cool stick at first are probably the best indicators of its effectiveness since I got to see immediate before/after effects from one set to the next. One of the exercises I've been doing a lot of lately are hip hinges with kettlebells and a band around my waist that's anchored low on a rack behind me. One day I was doing these and really struggled on the first set with pain that was around a 6 out of 10. I did a set of 5 or 6, then remembered I had my cool stick on me. I went and applied it, waited maybe a minute, and hit my next set with the same weights. While I could still feel that there was some soreness, it was totally night and day when it came to the movement itself. I was able to shift my focus back to establishing the mind muscle connection instead of being distracted by pain; and the pain itself dropped to about a 3 or 4 out of 10. I was then able to go on to doing 3 sets of 15 reps on the same weight, then increased it for 2 more sets of 15 again. It was no problem, pain-wise, after applying the cool stick.

Another exercise I've been doing a lot of lately are hanging ab workouts like windshield wipers on the bar, or just straight leg raises, and these always cause me some shoulder pain that feels very deep an achy. More often than not, if I bail on this workout it's because of my shoulders and not because I've tired out my core. One day I had the same thing-- probably 7 of 10 pain on my first set during a warm up. I applied the cool stick, waited a minute, and did my next set. I was then able to continue with a circuit of various hanging core lifts with almost no shoulder pain until my grip started to fail. It seemed that the cool stick was particularly effective at combating the shoulder pain.

The last place I tried to use this was on my sprained AC joint, thanks to my way-too-serious flag football league. It distracted me, but when I tried to engage on the line while playing defense, I quickly saw the limits of this product. Who's seen The Program? Cool Stick reinforces that part where they say if you're hurt you can play; if you're injured you can't. My AC joint is an injury (albeit minor) and the Cool Stick isn't going to help me with that.

Last thing... I was curious about the bio-availability of trans-dermal CBD application. I found this: "Measurement of plasma CBD concentration provided by transdermal absorption revealed linearity with 0.6-6.2 mg/day doses. Transdermal CBD gel significantly reduced joint swelling, limb posture scores as a rating of spontaneous pain, immune cell infiltration and thickening of the synovial membrane in a dose-dependent manner." (https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4851925/) With Cool Stick you'll likely be getting about 1.5-2mg per application, depending on how heavily you apply it.

So Cool Stick gets a ding here, but it's worth mentioning the high price tag is the result of (unnecessary) government regulations on the cannabis/hemp industry as opposed to Wildflower being greedy. In order to be legally allowed to ship their product across state lines Wildflower needs to order their active ingredients from Europe. Domestically grown hemp/cannabis can't cross state lines.

The CBD+ Cool Stick costs about $60 and is currently only available on Wildflower's website. As steep as that price tag is, I'm actually writing this review early and haven't even come close to finishing. I've been using the product liberally & generously for 40 days and it's not even 50% gone. So while you might be shelling out significantly more money than you'd pay for similar products: a) It will last you a long time; and, b) There really aren't any true comps out there to look at it CBD v. CBD.

If you can afford it- buy it.

Side Effects

Eye watering aroma if applied to heavily or close to the head, and some invisible but greasy-feeling residue on the application site.

Conclusion

If this product is in your budget and you have nagging pains that could use a little bit of help, try this. If you already use something like bengay, icy hot, or tiger balm regularly I bet you'll be impressed with the anti-inflammatory effects of the CBDs. Other than that, I guess just vote for changes to the policies on cannabis whenever you have a chance to and hope that manufacturing can be moved stateside to make this more affordable someday soon. Thanks to Wildflower for not only letting me try almost all of their product line, but for pioneering something long overdue for consumers.

• Increased Amino Intake
  • No Fat Or Sugar
  • Average Value Depending On What You Currently Use
  • Very Fine Powder
  • Limited Flavor Choices

Hello all! Full intro on myself can be found on the forum here: https://supplementreviews.com/forum/index.php?topic=35432.0

For this product, I won a contest run by MAN Sports and the prize was a full tub of their new ISO-Amino coffee creamer. While I am not a big coffee drinker, I figured I could use this product in other ways outside of coffee and was happy to give it a try. Plus who wouldn't want to replace the normal coffee creamer products that a full of fat and sugar with some aminos?

The ingredient profile for this product is pretty...

The ingredient profile for this product is pretty simple. Each scoop is seven grams, which includes five grams of 2:1:1 BCAAs. It also has between 100mg and 140mg of sodium along with the normal natural and artificial flavors, artificial sweeteners, Maltodextrin and Silicone Dioxide. Nothing more to report here. The only thing that changes between the three flavors available is the sodium content. The pumpkin spice flavor I chose was in the middle with 112mg.

Taste >> As mentioned, I chose the pumpkin spice flavor for my tub. While I am not normally a pumpkin spice fan, this flavor was better than most. In coffee, it was sometimes hard to get the true flavor because it contrasted with the natural flavor of the brew. I did use it with other food products though and was able to get a more true flavor. I would mix this in with plain yogurt and plain oatmeal to add some flavor without having to add sugar, fat or carbs.

Mixability >> There were no issues with mixability no matter how I used this product. It would dissolve in hot or cold liquids without issue. When I used it for food products, a simple stir and it was mixed into whatever I was eating. Much easier to fix in food than a whey protein, likely because of the extremely fine powder that this product comes in. Be careful when mixing because this powder can go everywhere with one wrong move.

Dosing >> For me, I never needed more than one scoop of this product for anything that I wanted to use it on. There are no stimulants or any other active ingredients outside of the BCAAs in this product, so it can be used at any time of the day.

The effectiveness of this product in the eyes of a weight lifter or bodybuilder is up for debate in my eyes. This is purely a BCAA product with coffee style flavoring added. Are you someone who thinks BCAAs are vital and help with your training and recovery? If so, then this product will be effective for you. Are you someone who is closely tracking your calories/macros and are tired of wasting some carbs and fat by using the standard Coffee Mate liquid creamers? If so, then this product would be effective for you by allowing those macros to be saved for future meals and replaced with more beneficial BCAAs.

On the other side, are you a person who thinks BCAAs are useless and a complete waste of money? If so, then this product will have no effectiveness for you. Are you someone who does not track their calories/macros too closely and are ok with the carbs and fat in Coffee Mate? If so, this product will have little use or benefit to you plus it will cost more.

For me, it was effective in saving me some macros for future meals and increasing my BCAA intake. It was effective at being a new flavor choice to add to unflavored foods to make them easier and more enjoyable to eat.

From what I can find on the web, a 30 serving tub will run you in the $20 range. While this is much more expensive than the Coffee Mate bottle liquids you can find at the store, ISO-Amino is also a much healthier option. The lower cost of the other products comes with a trade-off of having sugar and fat compared to pure aminos. If coffee is a huge part of your day, then you are the type of person who may find great value in a product like this. If you are a person who only drinks one cup of coffee a day, then this product likely has less appeal and value to you.

Side Effects

None to report. Purely BCAAs other than the flavoring and sweeteners. If you have a reaction to sucralose or Ace-K, then stay away from this product.

Conclusion

In conclusion, this product is a nice change of pace to what you would normally buy in the store plus it can be used with other food products as well. Each individual will have to make a decision on whether this product has value to them based on their personal lifestyle, love of coffee and how else they may choose to use this. Since I decided to use it for more than coffee, it was a great supplement to have and I will continue to use it.

Thank you for reading my review and let me know if you have any questions.
  • Pumpkin Spice: 8/10

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Versatile
  • Safe To Use
  • Capsules Are Handy
  • Powerful Stimulant

Hello SR Nation! Redweilerfan here with another review. This time around it isn't a fancy preworkout with 15 different ingredients or a cool test booster I'm reviewing, but rather the most simple and effective stimulant on the planet. Yes, you guessed it, good olcaffeine anhydrous! I don't think I'm wrong in saying that caffeine is possibly the most used stimulant on Earth. You can find it in almost all cultures, traditions and in different foods and drinks. We get caffeine in our daily coffee, tea, soda pops, energy drinks and what have you. You find it in 60 different plants all around the world. It is basically a staple for millions and millions of people around the world. Another cool thing with caffeine is its diversity of use; you can use it as a simple preworkout before hitting the gym, you can use it as a pick me up in the afternoon or directly in the morning before going to work. And it is a social stimulant; most often when you meet up with someone, it happens over a cup of coffee right? I personally love caffeine, it has been a staple of mine for most of my life basically and I use it for a variety of reasons. So when I saw these handy capsules from Scitec Nutrition I just pulled the trigger.

As simple as it can be; the only ingredient here is caffeine anhydrous in 100 mg per capsule. The bottle contains 100 capsules in total.

Caffeine is a psycho active stimulant that has been used within bodybuilding and sports in general for a very long time. It is included in almost all preworkouts you can find, and it is also a very common ingredient in fat burners and other nootropics. It works by inhibiting adenosine, a neuro transmitter that causes fatigue and tiredness. Caffeine basically competes with adenosine in the nervous system and blocks its mechanisms, which in turn causes you to feel alert, energized and good to go. Caffeine provides both physical and mental stimulation and many scholarly journals have lauded the effects of caffeine on both physical and mental performance in general. It is also a very safe stimulant overall, and serious side effects are rare. A too high a dose of caffeine can cause a jittery feeling, nausea, head ache and shortness of breath. How unpleasant these side effects still may be, they are very rarely of a serious kind.

These are capsules so taste isn't an issue here, nor is mixability. You just knock them back with your beverage of choice and you are done. Dosing is individual here; if you want to have a stronger boost, say as a preworkout energizer, you can take 2 to 3 caps 30 minutes before your workout. This is equivalent to most preworkouts that contains 200-300 mg of caffeine per serving. Of course, if you are tolerant enough, you can take 4 caps and go for the higher levels of energy. If you just want a mild pick me up in the afternoon or when you are feeling a bit tired, take 1 cap. So, it's a bit hard to say here what the correct dosing would be, it is highly individual and dependent on the individual situation. The caps are easy to swallow, so no horse pills here!

Again, this section can be a bit tricky to evaluate. It depends on when and why you are taking this supplement. For me personally, 300 mg of caffeine is a minimum before a workout more or less. I have taken several preworkouts with only 250 mg of caffeine, and sure, they worked. But I found the energy to be a bit on the low side for me generally. When I need a good energy boost I just take 2 or 3 caps and then I get those lovely effects that caffeine provides; alertness, slight euphoria, a sense of wellbeing and the need for some work to be done. I think these capsules can be great to have included in your own personal preworkout cocktail if you are so inclined. Many people buy their own stand alone supplements like beta alanine, creatine mono, AAKG or citrulline and spice it up with some caffeine anhydrous before their workout. Many old school body builders never buys preworkouts, they make their own. And since caffeine is a staple for most bodybuilders, and for the old school types more so, this would be a nice addition to that cocktail. Sometimes when I'm tired in the mornings I take 2 of these alongside my morning coffee before work and it does wonders. If you are going to do some simple exercises in the gym, or perhaps doing cardio only, this supplement would also be a good way to get energized. You could also buy a pure pump preworkout and add your own caffeine contents to that and see how your performance is affected. Overall, these capsules are effective for me, independently of when I take them. But for the most part, I rarely only take caffeine capsules before a workout, but I rather go for ordinary preworkouts. But as I said, they could be an alternative for those who only need the energizing effects of caffeine. The effectivness is connected to its versatility.

Caffeine is dirt cheap generally. I paid $ 8.50 for this bottle of 100 capsules and I think that is quite cheap. You can find even cheaper caffeine pills of course; you just have to look around a bit. But 100 caps will last you a while, unless perhaps you are a caffeine consuming machine or something. The price is still fair though. If you mix your own preworkouts you can save some money with this ingredient in it.

Side Effects

Conclusion

Alright guys, enough said. Caffeine is a staple for most of us. These capsules comes quite handy in many different situations. You can regulate your own energy buzz depending on how many capsules you take. You can mix your own preworkout. The possibilities are endless with this good olstimulant. Definitely to be recommended for all caffeine lovers out there!

Thanks to Destine Nutrition for sending it out!

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Studied Ingredient
    • Fat Loss
    • Supports Metabolism
    • Stackable
    • Sketchy Ingredient Profile

First and foremost I would like to thank Destine Nutrition for sending me out their product so I could try it and review it for you guys. I would also like to thank SR for providing me the opportunity and the tools so that I can share with you guys my experience.

There is a lot of research on Conjugated Linoleic Acid. I noticed that it can help convert fat into muscle. So after doing some reaserch I decided to claim this product and try it on myself.

Very simple ingredient profile ... this has 2,000 mg (2g) of CLA that comes from both CLA and Safflower Oil ... which is kind of confusing since if you are using safflower oil your not going to yield full CLA. I'm a bit perplexe by the ingredient profile. I'm trying to understand where the "blend" is ... because you take CLA from safflower oil ... so are they saying that the 2000 mg of CLA is coming off the safflower oil? Again where is the so called "blend"?

Also, I went to supplementshield.org and put the lot number on the bottom of my bottle and the result was that no posts were done. Meaning, I got nothing.

Nothing to taste ... I took two pills in the morning before my breakfast. Easy to swallow and easy to remember.

Side note, I did this by following the instructions but most of the studies were done with 4,000 mg so I should have amped the dose. Althought I feel like it helped me out anyways.

I was taken by surprise that this actually worked for me. I didn't loose any weight but it seems that I'm getting a bit leaner. I can actually noticed my muscles more vividly now. I'm not sure if it's just the hard work but it's unusual that they are starting to come out now that I was on this supplement. I have a feeling that CLA is helping my muscles take the fat that is closest to them. That's how I see it but I it could be just my wishful thinking. Either way I bought myself another bottle and will continue with supplementing CLA. This also can be stacked with any other thermogenics for better effect.

This is where this product falls behind compared to others. I just bought myself another bottle from a different manufacturer for half the price. There are so many other companies out there offering more for less. Currently it's priced at 20$ for 45 servings which will cost you .44 cents per serving.

Side Effects

Conclusion

This is a good product that works. I became a big fan of CLA because I feel that it's really helping me lean out a bit. This has impressed me so much that I bought myself another bottle but from a different vendor since I'm very frugal. Thank you for reading and I hope you stay lean.

HYDE Power Potion (ProSupps)

Overall
    Thanks to ProSupps for sending it out!

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Energy Hits You FAST
    • Amazing Flavors

What is going on guys? I've got an energy drink review for you today and can't wait to jump in. Before I do, I'd like to thank everyone at SR and ProSupps for making this review possible.

350mg of Caffeine: WOOOOOOO this thing is a slap in the face! I am an avid coffee drinker and this thing made me feel some type of way let me tell you.
      It's a 'zero' drink so it doesn't have any calories, sugar or carbs.

It's a 'zero' drink so it doesn't have any calories, sugar or carbs.
      It does contain 48mg of sodium (very minimal amount), 48mg of Potassium, 4mg of Niacin, .5mg of Vitamin B6, 25mg Teacrine to act as an antagonist to caffeine side effects (prevents anxiety) , and 2 mpg of Vitamin B12, along with artificial flavors. So really your just looking for flavor and caffeine when checking out this product.

Taste:
      Cherry Cola: Very, very good flavor. If you're a fan of Dr. Pepper then you will love the taste of this. Rated: 8/10
      Island Punch: This is your traditional 'red flavor' that you think of in the drink industry. It's not bad but it's not the greatest taste in the world. You can definitely taste all the island berry flavors mixed up. Rated: 6/10
      Purple Mist: This was a very interesting grape like taste that I personally really enjoyed. This was my 2nd favorite flavor after Cherry Cola. definitely would recommend. Rated: 7/10

Mixibility: No mixing because these are in cans

Dosage: 1 can whenever you need a pick me up. it's a big dose of caffeine so I wouldn't recommend drinking 2 in a row.

Since this is an energy drink, the only thing we care about is did we get energy from it?? Let me be the first to tell you that this stuff BANGS. I drink 2-3 cups of coffee everyday and usually at least one scoop of pre workout at some point so i'm no stranger to caffeine. This stuff is like a large man slapping you in the face. The flavor is so good that you can't just sip on it (if you're like me and have no self control) you have to swig it down real quick. The caffeine sets in really quick and is a wake up call to say the least. I drank one at 7am because I had a lot of work to do that day and once the caffeine kicked in I felt like I needed to hit the gym not sit down at a desk (this is significant because I workout exclusively in the afternoons and HATE speaking to people in the mornings nevertheless do anything active). I was thoroughly impressed.

You can get 16 cans for $29 on Amazon. This comes out to about $1.81 per can. In the energy drink industry this honestly isn't that bad, especially since it gave me more energy than a traditional rockstar or red bull would.

Side Effects

No crash!

Conclusion

If you're looking for a slap of energy for a not bad price then look no further! This stuff packs a freaking punch.

Pros:
       Cons:
      • Amazing Pumps
      • Great Recovery
      • Unique Profile
      • Some Focus
      • Slightly Expensive At 2 Scoops

38 years old and I lift 4 days a week. I received Quake 10.0 (CF) as a free Bounty Product, so thank you to SR for the bounty program opportunity. When I was messaging back and forth to Clipper about which product to pick for my bounty, he asked if I was interested in this one and after one look at the profile I could not pass it up. This is a PWO I wanted to try in the future, so I figured why not start with the stim free one. Lets see how many earthquakes I caused while taking this.

You can take one scoop or two scoops of this, but I m...

You can take one scoop or two scoops of this, but I mostly took two scoops and found that to be the most effective, so all the following dosages here are for two scoops. For you Macro counters you are getting 12 Calories, 3g Carbs, 100mg Vitamin C, and 130mg Sodium. The rest of the label is almost fully disclosed, but there is one Prop Blend (Peak O2 blend) which is a patented blend, so in a sense its a fully transparent label. Lets break down the fun:

Citrulline (6g) - Citrulline is an amino acid that turns into Arginine in the kidneys after supplementation. Citrulline raises NO levels in the body, dosage to enhance sports performance are 6-8g an hour prior to exercise, here we get 6g so well dosed. 3g is also said to promote NO in the body, so you are good to go even with 1 scoop.

XTEND BCAAs Blend (7g) - The breakdown here is 3.5g Leucine, 1.75g Isoleucine and 1.75g Valine in a 2:1:1 ratio. Leucine plays an important role in muscle protein synthesis, while isoleucine induces glucose uptake into cells. The Valine in the red headed step child here, as more research is needed to even know what this does for you. Valine just takes some BCAA credit while the true workhorses are Leucine and Isoleucine. Great dosage at 2 scoops, but with 1 scoop you would have to dose this with another BCAA.

Tyrosine (3g) - Amino Acide that is used to produce noradrenaline and dopamine. 500-2g approximately 30-60 minutes prior to working out is the key dose here, so once again well covered whether you take 1 or 2 scoops.

PeakO2 Blend (2g) - This blend consists of Cordyceps, Reishi, King Trumpet, Shittake, Lions Mane, and Turkey Tail. Yes a blend of a bunch of goofy names. This is a patent pending owned by Disruptive Nutrition, LLC and is said to boost power output, improve exercise capacity, and increases time to exhaustion. I personally have never had any experience with this blend, so a nice unique touch for a PWO.

Arginine Nitrate (1.5g) - Another ingredient here that is important for blood flow and NO levels. Oral supplementation may not reliably improve blood flow in humans, so I am glad this product focused more on Citrulline than Arginine. Standard dosing is 3-6g so we are under dosed here at 2 scoops, but not a big deal since the Citrulline covers us for those pumps, this is more of an addition.

L-Carnitine L-Tartrate (1.5g) - L-Carnitine is involved in energy metabolism and mitochondrial protection. It is made in the body, but can also be consumed through food. Supplementation of L-carnitine does not burn fat unless the individual is deficient in L-carnitine. Standard dose here is between 500mg - 2g, so good to go no matter the scoop.

Capros (1g) - Another ingredient that is new to me, as per the Scivation site "Facilitates more oxygen delivery to working muscles - for a ground-rupturing muscle pump throughout your workout - and an efficient delivery of nutrient rich blood to the muscles for greater gains. Capros ensures your muscles can gorge on anabolic nutrients for a devastating performance and mega gains during your workout."

Theanine (200mg) - Theanine is a relaxing and nondietary amino acid found pretty much exclusively in teas from Camellia sinensis (alongside green tea catechins and caffeine) and is known to promote relaxation without sedation. It appears to be effective at this as well as reducing stress at standard dosages. 100-200mg alongside caffeine is the typical dose, so kind of strange to find this in a Caffeine Free product, but if you take Caffeine with this you are covered. Of note there have been no reports of anyone overdosing on theanine, so unsure if there is a max dosage on this guy.

Astragin (50mg) - Ahh yes, we should all be getting familiar with Astragin at this point and this works great for absorption. Pretty standard dose here and I always love to see this instead of Bioperine in supplements these days.

So no matter if you take 1 scoop or 2 scoops you are getting a pretty good profile here. I personally took 2 scoops through most of the tub, as I found it to be my sweet spot, but you can get away with just 1 it really comes down to your body size and preference. Great and unique profile here.

Taste: I got the Lemon-Drop flavor, and I really did not care for it one bit. At first it tastes like a lemonhead candy (which I love), but if you take too much of a gulp it just tastes bad. After the first sip I felt like I was drinking Lemon Dish Soap, so I did not enjoy this, I would just down it and go. Its not undrinkable by any sense, just not my cup of tea.

Mixability: I found two scoops to mix real easily, as did 1 scoop. No issues here, throw it in 8-10oz of Water shake it up and drink it. I would have some residue left over, but nothing too uncommon for a PWO.

Dosing: If you read the front of the label, saw the dosages and bought this due to that, you would need to take 2 scoops to hit those numbers. This is meant to be dosed either at one or two scoops, and I personally found the most effect at two scoops so that is what I would do. One scoop was okay, but for someone at my size (240 pounds) I needed to take 2 scoops. I would just down this right before heading to the gym.

Since this is the Caffeine Free version, I was not expecting to drink this alone and be able to hit the gym full of energy. I did take one scoop with no stims at first, and it still gave me a slight pump, but of course working out at 6am my energy was lacking a bit. I moved on to taking this at 2 scoops along with a Thermogenic which I thought was a great combination. The pumps I got from this were absolutely the best I have ever felt. I had such a huge pump in my chest one day that it actually hurt. This really did a nice job in that department, and even my gym buddies said my Triceps were crazy when I was taking this. I also found recovery with 2 scoops to work really well for me. I would not drink any other sources of BCAAs or recovery outside of Creatine, and my DOMS would be diminished the next day and I would be ready to hit the weights all over again. Focus wise, I felt I had some, but I am not real sure why. Maybe it was the combination of Theanine and Tyrosine or the Capros, but I did feel fairly focused. Not as intense as taking Huperzine or anything like that but was able to get in the gym do my business and get out.

To sum it up, one scoop just did not do it for me, but still gave me a slight pump, and really not much recovery. Two scoops gave me the best pumps I have experienced thus far, and aided my recovery quite well. I really enjoyed taking this with a source of caffeine (such as a thermo in this case), and going forward this turned me on to doing just that. I realize I don't need the PWOs with all the crazy exotic stims in them, and can control the exact amount of Stims I want while still enjoying enhanced pumps and recovery. The other nice thing is none of the ingredients here turned you into that Alpha Dog mentality, so I didn't want to rip everyone's head off in the gym during my sessions. So if your looking for some insane pumps and good recovery all in one product, then here it is.

So you readers are all aware, I am rating value here at two scoops, and of course combining the high effectiveness of this product as well. I really was expecting this to be expensive, but you can pick this up from Amazon currently (20 Feb 2018) for $14.99 for 20 scoops and if that deal runs out you can get it at Wal-Mart for $17.99. The Amazon deal comes out to 75 cents a scoop, but in my case $1.50 a dose. So at two scoops it still gets expensive, but not too crazy in my eyes since this was the best stim free PWO I have used to date and contains some unique and high quality ingredients that are not skimped on the dosing.

Side Effects

I did have to have a visit to the bathroom after taking 2 scoops. With one scoop I would not have to. Not a big deal and not uncommon for a PWO.

Conclusion

I realize I have wrote it multiple times already, but once again this is the best Pump product I have used to date. I really like the ingredient profile here, its a hell of a combination and if you want to see what a real pump is like then try this guy out. Yeah its a bit more money than the average pump, but you are getting high quality. Its been a long time since I have taken anything from Scivation, but I will definitely be taking the Caffeinated version of this in the future, and will prob use the CF version again as well. Pretty solid product, and thanks again to the bounty program for the opportunity to try this out. This is highly recommended.
      • Lemon Drop: 4/10

Thanks to Healthy Life Solutions for sending it out!

Pros:
       Cons:
      • Occasional Moderate Libido Increase
      • Overall Not Notably Effective

A special thanks to Healthy life Solutions for their participation here on Sr.com and an apology for the slight tardiness in this review. Today, I discuss my experience with their Tongkat Ali extract supplement. Tongkat Ali is not something that is frequently used standalone as it is often included in test boosters with additional ingredients. However, at the right dosages, it may provide subsequent benefit to some users.

As you'd already guess, the product contains one ingredients:

Tongkat Ali Extract 200:1 at 800mg per 2 capsule se...

As you'd already guess, the product contains one ingredients:

Tongkat Ali Extract 200:1 at 800mg per 2 capsule serving. It's useful to note that other names for tongkat ali include longjack and eurycoma longifolia.

Extract from tongkat ali is best known for its ability to act as an aphrodisiac and ability to boost testosterone. Some studies suggest it to also be able to potentially have cortisol inhibiting properties and some benefit to mood as well.

The effective dosage range can vary from 500-800mg, though some users have touted benefits as dosages as low as 200mg.

The directions advise 2 capsules to be taken each day on a 5 days on, 2 days off cycle protocol. I took 2 caps in the morning on weekdays and did not take the product on weekends. I took the product both with food and without food at times. Either way didn't seem to make a difference.

Being that tongkat ali is known exclusively for its libido enhancing and test boosting qualities I'm going to be base my efficacy rating on these effects.

I did not experience an overly significant boost in my libido overall. I only experienced occasional moderate upticks in my libido with slightly more frequent erections at few times. While I naturally have no problems in the libido department, I was expecting more of a benefit based on my experience from natty test boosters with tongkat ali in the past. However, in all, the libido benefits I did receive were infrequent and disappointing.

In terms of test boosting properties, I did not experience any signs or benefits that would suggest a notable testosterone boost. I had no increased aggression, no improved recovery, no difference in strength or mass, no change or improvement in mood, not even an extra acne flare.

In summary, this product was not a 100% miss, must overall disappointing.

The product is currently only available through the company's own website at 60 dollars for a full 30 servings bottle. Compared to the price of more effective test boosters I've used in the past of cheaper price, this is not at all a good value. This is especially considering the lack of efficacy and results.

Side Effects

Conclusion

While I do believe tongkat ali can benefit some other users, this product simply did not work well for me. The infrequent, occasional moderate increases in libido and erection quality as well as the lack of testosterone boosting effects, make this product not one I would recommend. I would say, invest in cheaper more effective, broad spectrum ingredient test boosters instead.

WARMACHINE OUT!!!