Recent Reviews

Mega BCAA (ProSource)

November 19, 2018

I wanted to add BCAA's to some stuff. Prosource had a sale and I figured why not?

Hello fellow supplement users. Many of us have heard of the value of added BCAA's to our systems. Some of us remember the spiking issues of some Protein Powders. In this case, I am spiking my own stuff with plan BCAA's to see if it helps in recovery. I am a 46 year old guy trying to have as much fun in the gym as I used to when injuries and DOMS where a figment of other peoples imagination. During this run I was lifting 4 days a week and trying to do cardio almost everyday. However the focus was to add strength. I bought this hoping that adding some BCAA's would make it easier to push a little harder.

500g tub with the following breakdown.

Serving size 1 scoop (8g's)

4g's L-Leucine
2g's L-Isoleucine
2g's L-Valine

This is a pretty straight forward supplement. It is BCAA's in a 2-1-1 ratio. I find that this ratio works for me and I like the serving size. If you wanted to go down I guess you could use a half scoop? I found that the 8g's worked for me, so I am happy with this configuration.

----Taste/Mix-ability/Dosing----

Taste, so when I added this to pre-workouts I did get a leucine taste. However when I added it to protein drinks and to my smoothies I didn't notice any taste difference. It is a BCAA supplement, it is going to have a little taste.

The mix-ability was great I had no issues whatsoever. If you want you can take a scoop directly to your mouth and that works to. (taste is a little strong)

Dosing of this product was pretty simple for me. I used it anytime, sometimes in my pre-workout and sometimes in drinks I consumed later in the day. The serving size is 8g's. I know some people want more and some want less. The good thing is that this is a powder, so you can adjust it however you want to. It is a 2-1-1 ratio which for me seems to work fine.

During part of my run with this I was using a flavored BCAA Product from VMI. This is when it worked the best. (duh, doubling the BCAA's had a positive effect). I did notice a decrease in efficacy when I only was getting 5g's a day. I believe it still helped as when I went to zero my good friend DOM's came back to say hi. Now this did not totally stop muscle soreness, but I don't think anything I would take would do that. It does help soften the blow, and that is all that I am looking for. Products that shouldn't have any negative effects on me long term, but give me a little performance boost. I am not looking at becoming a professional athlete, I just want to enjoy my time working out and be able to walk the next day. Below I posted a few websites if you want to read more as data seems to be mixed.

As of 11/19/2018 this is selling for $22.95 for 500g's of powder. I bought it with a 20% discount, so you need to watch for sales.

Amazon has the optimum nutrition brand for $23.97

It seems that it is a good price. Once again you gotta look for sales. I am willing to pay what I paid for it, mainly because I trust the company and I don't see a big price difference between other products. It is a simple unflavored product.

Side Effects

I had no negative side effects from this product. Only thing is it changed the taste of some of the things I put it in.

Conclusion

If you want to have a product on the counter that can enhance other products. Give this a shot. I would wait until they are running a sale, but that is just the cheap old man in me. I found this product pretty useful, and it will not break the bank. I think that Prosource is a reputable company and this is a pretty straight forward product. I also think that the older you get these products tend to be more useful. I honestly can remember thinking that BCAA's didn't do anything for me. After age 40, I have noticed as I revisit some of the simple supplements that they now seem to "work". I give this particular product a thumbs up.

Trutein (Body Nutrition)
Thanks to Body Nutrition for sending it out!
  November 18, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Price
  • Taste
  • Diverse Sources Of Protein
  • Digestive Enzymes
  • Digests Almost Too Fast

A blended protein powder with some added extras to aid your digestion. Very well priced and tastes great. This is very effective for what you require from a protein powder.

39 years old and I lift 5 days a week, currently doing GZCL UHF 9 week. I like to keep a blended protein in my daily stack to take post workout, as it gives me my protein needs as well as keeps me from being too hungry until I eat breakfast. I have not tried anything from Body Nutrition before, so after researching some of their flavors and past reviews, I decided to give this a shot when it became available. Big thank you to SR and Body Nutrition for making this review possible.

Each 34g scoop nets you 120 Calories, 1g Fat, 20mg Cholesterol, 5g Carbs, 24g Protein, 105mg Sodium, and 100mg Digestive enzymes. I appreciate the sodium being at a low level as I have to watch my daily sodium intake and most blended proteins tend to have quite a bit.

The protein breaks down to 45% (10.8g) Whey, 45% (10.8g) Micellar Casein, and 10% (2.4g) Egg Whites. The protein is a blend of Pure Undenatured & Nonthermally Processed Milk Protein Isolate, Cross-Flow Nanofiltered Whey Protein Isolate, Ultrafiltered Whey Protein Concentrate, and Egg Albumen.

Besides the digestive enzymes you also get 2.5g Fiber here as well to help you with your daily fiber needs.

I think this is a pretty good profile for a blended protein, with the big points being the digestive enzymes, and the low sodium content. This can easily fit into your daily macros no matter what your goal is.

Taste: I recieved the CinnaBun flavor, and man it was delicious!! It tasted very close to an actual cinnabun, but a much healthier option. This was a treat and something I looked forward to driving home from the gym each day.

Mixability: This mixed very easily with water and milk. Just a couple of shakes in the shaker and you were off and drinking. This did not leave any weird residue or anything like that either.

Dosing: Its a protein so you take this as needed. I took one scoop post workout on training days and when I woke up on rest days.

The best way for me to judge a Protein's effectiveness is how it digested and if it kept me from being too hungry prior to me eating breakfast. The added digestive enzymes really go a long way in aiding digestion here. I had no issues in this department and this was one of the easiest digesting protein blends I have ever used. Most protein blends for me tend to sit in my stomach a bit and digests slowly, but this one digested as fast as a pure Isolate would for me. i am becoming a big fan of added enzymes for protein powders.

This did not keep me as full as other blended proteins, which I chalk up mainly to the digestive properties. I have about an hour gap between taking this post workout and eating breakfast, so this did its job in this aspect. However, some days I would get pretty hungry about a half hour in, but not starving.

Overall, digestion and taste wise this product is one of the best I have ever had in a blended protein, but keeping me full wise was about average. I was very happy with this run and it did everything that I needed it to.

The best price I could find this is at DPS Nutrition via Priceplow for $44.98 for 4lb (53 servings). That comes out to 85 cents a serving which is a pretty great price for what you are getting here. I believe this really has some quality ingredients, and with a price like that it is tough too beat.

Side Effects

None at all.

Conclusion

For a blended protein powder this truly does have a pretty great macro breakdown with low sodium. The added extras such as digestive enzymes and fiber really help this product to stand out in a flooded market. You can find this for a great price and it tastes amazing, so if you are in the market for a blended protein you should definitely give Trutein a shot. I highly recommend this product, and I will be trying the other flavors in the future.
  • CinnaBun: 10/10

NEURO Z3 (RAM Advantage)

Overall
Thanks to RAM Advantage for sending it out!
  November 18, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Boosts Mood
  • Boosts Mental Clarity
  • Prop Blend

This was my first experience with nootropics. Although the product's effects were not super extraordinary, I noticed a little change in my mental clarity and mood.

This being my first time with nootropics, I was pretty fired up to try it. Based on the label on the container and a little bit about what I had read about nootropics, I was expecting to have a lot of mental clarity when I took it, meaning my thoughts would not be so cloudy as they usually get about 4-5 hours into my day. I was also expecting not just mental clarity, but a shift in the way I perceive and retain information so that my intelligence would be impacted. The nootropics were awesome, however, since they are not a schedule 1 drug, my perception of the world was not utterly shifted as I hoped it would.

Unfortunately it is a proprietary blend so the amounts of each ingredient are not disclosed, however the main acting ingredients in RAM NeuroZ3 are ALCAR, L-Tyrosine, Alpha GPC, L-Theanine, and Huperzine A. ALCAR is a compound related to L-Carnitine and is typically known for boosting cognition and helping with depression by the way of alleviating the effects of aging and disease on mitochondria. L-Tyrosine is an amino acid which can be found in food products such as meat, fish, eggs, and wheat and is commonly used to improve learning. Alpha GPC is most commonly known as a prescription medication used in Europe to help improve Alzheimer's, so it helps to boost memory. L-theanine is an amino acid mostly found in tea leaves, and research has shown that it promotes relaxation without drowsiness and improves focus as well. Huperzine A is another one that is used to improve Alzheimer's so it helps boost memory and learning enhancement as well.

Not too much to comment on here, easy pill to swallow, unlike the reality that your soul mate may never be out there despite the multitude of fish in the sea. Just two tablets daily on an empty stomach.

I may have hyped up this nootropic in my head quite a bit. While it didn't tell me the meaning of life when I took it, it did make it a little easier to make conversation with people because my thoughts weren't so foggy. I'm not a student so I didn't necessarily need it for brain activity; I just wanted to boost my mood and the way I interact with people day to day. It kicks in maybe 30-45 minutes after consumption and it's hard to say when it wears off, but I do notice the change in my mental activity and my mood. Now nootropics may be able to change your mood, but if you have to deal with an upset female, no amount of nootropics can help prepare you for that.

Super good value, you can pick it up at Walmart for $19.99, or on the RAM website for $40.

Side Effects

No noticeable side effects.

Conclusion

I'm going to experiment with more nootropics to see if they truly are effective and worth it, but for my first experience with it I have no complaints. I enjoyed the slight mood boost day to day as I took it. I didn't know that this was a product that you could pick up at Walmart until I wrote this review though, so that fact slightly diminishes the quality of the product in my mind since I associate most Walmart products as not being the most effective or high quality. But it's a good thing that I didn't know it was a Walmart product while taking it because I did notice slight changes in my mental state.

• Not Worth The Money

If a caffeine jolt helps you work out, go for it. If you're sensitive to that, you're best to avoid.

Full Disclosure - see attached images for product being reviewed, as my product is called "Speed Stack" but differs slightly from the "Extreme" bottling pictured. I don't typically choose the Ready-To-Drink (RTD) products as part of a supplement regimen, but I thought I'd give this a try. ABB has been in business for a while and, as you've probably seen with one glance at a cooler in most gyms, they have a wide variety of offerings to tempt most anyone.

One of the attached images will give you the specifics (such as they are), but I'll try to highlight a few of the bigger points here:

250mg Caffeine - says it right there on the front. That's good or bad, depending on your preference and sensitivity to that. This is more than your typical large cup of coffee, soft drink or mass-market energy drink. It's probably in the neighborhood of the potent 'energy shots' that were a big thing at one time (e.g. 5-hour, etc).

0g sugar, 5 calories - No sugar, practically no calories. Sounds good... but there's 'something' in there, right?

960mg of their "Proprietary MethXanth Blend (TM)" - I know that these companies can't reveal their secrets, but it does make you wonder how much of these other products (you know, the stuff in the blend) that you're ingesting. A few of those include Yerba Mate Extract (known for some caffeine content, energy boost, etc), DMAE Bitartrate (? - per some searching, for cellular health, particularly brain-related) and (of course) the caffeine anhydrous.

Taste - I went with the fruit punch. It definitely has its own 'taste' and what I would call an aftertaste. I chalked down my share of super-chalky protein supplements many years ago, so I don't get as critical of taste as others do. That said, if you asked me "does it taste good?", I would probably say "eh... I wouldn't call it good, exactly." I tolerated it fine, but if someone told you that it had a medicine-like taste to it, I can see what would make them say that.

Mixability - N/A. This is definitely a benefit of the RTD products. You're paying for the convenience of not having to mix anything up (more on that later).

Dosing - The recommendation is to begin drinking the bottle 20 minutes before working out, then finish it up while training. That's usually how I went about it when trying this product. I would usually finish during the workout and then drink water from that point on during the workout.

I don't drink very much caffeine during the normal course of the day. As noted, these have 250mg of caffeine, so... I undoubtedly knew that this product was in my system. During one workout, I specifically made sure that this was all I was taking and I tracked my heartrate and approximate calorie burn during the workout with a Fitbit. I worked up a good sweat pretty quickly and I was weight training. I wasn't doing supersets or alternating any cardio during the workout. The typical "bro workout," if you will, just sets of various shoulder exercises. My heartrate was noticeably higher on average during the workout and I had burned approximately 600 calories while performing a workout that I would have guessed would have typically had me burning 400-450 calories.

I bought these in bulk and probably spent just over $2 each (this was a 'box' of (12) 18-ounce bottles, BTW). Individually at a gym, they may cost you $3-4 each. If you're buying a RTD, you're paying for the convenience of not having to mix. I would much prefer to spend less per serving on a pre-workout and I bought these in bulk to try them out because I knew how expensive they were individually. I'm pretty frugal and I can't imagine dropping $3-4 per workout just to have a drink like this to make me feel ready to lift.

Side Effects

This may be in the eye of the beholder, as I would call any 'side effects' simply the byproduct of taking a big dose of caffeine. Yeah, I had a sweat going more quickly during the workout. Yes, my heartrate increased. If you're really sensitive to caffeine, you might get jittery (I didn't). You might have headaches for feel a 'crash' after the product wears off, though I did not. You're drinking a stimulant before working out, so you may have side effects. I didn't notice anything that I wouldn't expect, but educate yourself before consuming if this concerns you at all.

Conclusion

It definitely works, but I wish it tasted a bit better and I wish it cost a bit less. I can't say I'll never drink these again, but this is an 'every now and then' product for me and is not a must-have for my supplement regimen.
  • Fruit Punch: 5/10

Overall
Thanks to Muscle Nutrition for sending it out!

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Benefits Of Whey Protein And A Cup Of Joe
  • Convenient
  • Burnt Aftertaste

If you like iced coffee, then you'll probably like this product. It tastes like coffee. It is caffeinated. The only potential downside is that it has a bit of a burnt aftertaste (kind of like toffee), and it's a little pricey.

On most days, I have coffee and I have a protein shake, so I figured why not combine the two and try out a caffeinated protein product. It would save me some time in the morning.

I go to the gym at 5AM, get home around 6:30-7 when I have my shake, and then am at work by 8AM. While I was using this product, I didn't drink any coffee or use any other caffeinated products.

This product is a mix of whey protein concentrate and whey protein isolate. I don't know how much of each is in the product. I also don't know what kind of wpc and wpi are being used.

The product says it has 0g trans fat, but alas, that doesn't actually mean there is no trans fat in the product. The FDA allows products to say 0g trans fat as long as there is less than .5g in a serving (they can round down). What is more concerning, though, is that the product has mono and di glycerides which can be trans fat, but don't have to be listed as such because the FDA defines fats as triglycerides.

1 scoop is 130 calories, and gives us 20g protein, 7g carbs (1 fiber, 3 sugar) and 2.5g fat (.5g saturated fat). There is also 135mg sodium, 30mg cholesterol, and nearly two dozen vitamins/minerals, Vitamin D, iron, etc. There is also no added sugar in the product, and 1 serving has 120mg caffeine (an 8oz cup of coffee has about 95mg caffeine).

The taste was pretty decent, 7.5/10. The only ding I give it is the burnt aftertaste. It reminded me of burnt toffee, without the actual toffee flavor. It tasted like the sugar in the product was over-caramelized.

The mixability was pretty good. There was a little clumping but not too much.

I used 1 scoop at a time and would mix it with Fairlife most of the time (although I did try it with water). I used a food scale to make sure I got a serving. I found the scoop slightly too big.

I train fasted, so I always had my protein shake when I got home after my workout. I found that the caffeine would kick in rather quickly, and I had a nice boost of energy to get me started when I got to work.

I didn't see any performance or body composition changes while I was using this product, but I finished it in about three weeks, so I wouldn't expect to see any changes in such a short time.

This product is on the expensive side. 1 tub is $30, and only has 14 servings, so we're looking at over $2/serving. I took a look at some other protein coffee products to see how this one compared, and I found similar products for $1.35-$1.8/serving.

I could only find this product in one store, which is probably why it costs more than its competitors. If it can get wider availability, the price can come down a bit, and it would be a more competitive product.

Side Effects

Conclusion

I liked this product, but I didn't love it. If the burnt after taste went away, and the price came down a bit, I'd likely get another tub to keep in my rotation. This probably wouldn't be a daily staple for me.
  • Coffee: 7/10

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Enzyme Support
  • General Health
  • Outstanding Value
  • Reduce Bloating
  • Reduce Gas

Solid product for digestion.

Solid product for digestion.

After terrible poisoning two years ago, I was diagnosed with chronic deficit of vitamins, minerals and all digestive elements. During this heavy condition I gained huge mass of fat and suffered from almost every problem associated with stomach and bowel, such as: chronic diarrhea, bloating, excessive gas etc. Immediately started intense medication course and drank plenty of pills everyday. I still consume digestive enzymes and Probiotics + Prebiotics supplements, but my health has significantly improved and current pills are much weaker. I used to drink enzymes from two brands: One local brand named Krezam and second German Mezym forte. when I saw price of Now Foods Super Enzymes, immediately decided to purchase.

Calcium (from Calcium Carbonate) 36 mg
    Bromelain (from Pineapple) 120 GDU
    Papain (from Papaya) 100,000 PU
    Cellulase 10 CU
    Acid Stable Protease (Aspergillopepsin) 50 SAPU

Amylase Breaks down Carbs, Protease - Protein, Lipase - fats, Cellulase breaks down cellulose molecule into monosaccharides such as beta-glucose. Both Papain and Bromelain are good support for Protease to break down proteins better. Ox Bile aids the function of the Liver and Gall Bladder, helps produce more bile to digest, process and disinfect fats and proteins. Betaine HCI is for stomach acid production. Calcium's is one of the well-know and consumed mineral, especially benefitial for bone health, teeth, blood etc.

Only capsules are produced and you have to drink one serving during meals. They have no smell or taste, thus easy to swallow. Most relevant ingredients are Amylase, Protease and Lipase, as you can see from Ingredient Profile. From my medication experience 20,000-25,000 Lipase, 18,000-22,500 Amylase and only 1,250-1,500 Protease are completely enough for adult to digest ood, these were amounts found in my Krezam and Mezym forte Enzymes. So dosage is slightly above average and good absorption of macro-nutrients is guaranteed.

As I mentioned above, I still have some gut, stomach health issues and I'm very sensitive too many foods, thus I easily understand which enzymes work and which don't... After 4-5 days of using Super Enzymes, stomach irritation decreased, no bloating, no gas, my body tends to be calm and function ordinary.
    I'm lactose sensitive and whenever I drink whey protein isolate, I add this enzymes to my shake and absorb protein safely. Otherwise after 15-20 seconds my stomach starts bloating and diarrhea strikes!

For $18.56 you can purchase 180 veggie caps on Amazon, thus you pay nearly $0.10 per serving - absolutely affordable and acceptable price.

Side Effects

Absolutely no side effects.

Conclusion

Whether you have serious digestive problems or just looking for better absorption of foods, Now Foods Super Enzymes are best option on market. Except major three enzymes, that break down also three main macro-nutrients, this supplement will add extra plant based sources to improve gut and stomach health. If you are lactose intolerant, you can add this enzymes to your shakes and drink safely. If even this enzymes aren't enough, than it's time to consult physician!

mTor Pro (Myokem)

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Faster Recovery
    • Increase Endurance
    • Well Dosed
    • Better Hydration
    • Lots Of EAA
    • Artificial Dyes

mTor Pro is a unique take with a twist on a popular supplement, EAA's.

mTor Pro is an amino acid supplement that contains EAAs and your standard BCAAs. EAAs are essential amino acids which your body cannot produce so they need to come through your diet. BCAAs are Branch Chain Amino Acids. These are the amino acids you get from a typical supplement and contain L-Leucine, L-Isoleucine, and L-Valine. What makes mTor unique from all the other EAAs is the Active TR. This is a time released version of L-Leucine.

[b...

mTor Pro is a unique take with a twist on a popular supplement, EAA's.

mTOR Activating Recovery Matrix
    Instantized BCAAs (2:1:1)
    Instant L-Leucine(2.5g): This amino acid triggers muscle protein synthesis through the mTor pathway. Leucine is called the "king of BCAAs" due to its ability to trigger protein synthesis better than other aminos.

L-Valine (1.25g): This amino acid aids to trigger muscle protein synthesis when in combination with others. Some studies have shown benefit to mental functions.

L-Isoleucine (1.25g): This amino acid has anti-catabolic effects without directly triggering muscle protein synthesis. It also helps with glucose absorption and removal.

ActiveTR Time Released L-Leucine (3g): This is a version of L-Leucine that is designed to time release over 8 hours. Where most serum L-Leucine peaks and then plumits after around 3-4 hours the Active TR will cause a spike then a consistent release again to provide the muscles this key amino acid.

L-Lysine (938mg): Lysine helps signal muscle protein synthesis and benefits the immune system.

L-Threonine (685mg): Threonine promotes protein balancing, promotes heart and liver health.

L-Phenylalanine (310mg): This amino acid provides cognitive benefits through dopamine production and improved neural connection to benefit "mind-muscle" connection.

[]L-Tyrosine (292mg): This amino acid is used by the body to produce noradrenaline and dopamine. This leads to an anti-stress response when supplemented.

L-Histidine (175mg): Histidine can be converted into histamine in the body which regulates allergic reactions. It can also help with anemia and digestion.

L-Methionine (100mg): This amino acid supports healthy fat metabolism, digestion, testosterone production, and even can be used as an antioxidant.

AstraGin (50mg): This is an extract of Astragalus membranaceous and Panax ginseng. This has been proven to improve the absorption of amino acids/nutrients. It also can help the body to repair any minor damage to the small intestines.

Active Hydration Matrix
    Taurine (1g): This amino acid is commonly used for reduction in cramping and for cardiovascular health. It is being researched as an anti-diabetic compound because it acts on insulin sensitivity. Most notably taurine is used for electrolyte balance which helps in water balance and hydration.

Potassium Gluconate (150mg): Potassium is vital for the human body. Low levels can even lead to heart failure and death. Potassium is used in the process of muscle contraction and neuron firing. This is why a common symptom of hypokalemia (low potassium) is cramping.

Sodium Chloride (75mg): Sodium is another essential nutrient for muscle contraction and overall health. Sodium works to balance the water inside and outside of your cells. NaCl helps to pull water into the cells when needed.

The taste of this product is amazing. I purchased the mango lemonade flavor and was a little apprehensive. I wasn't sure how it would taste. The flavor is a great combination of sweet and tangy. The mango taste hits and there is a tangy lemonade after taste. This was very easy to drink.
    The mixability was good for a EAA supplement. Amino acids are naturally hydrophobic so they won't mix well with water. Due to this there was "floaters" in it and you should probably swirl it before you drink. There was a decent amount of foaming but this did subside if you let it sit for a minute after shaking.
    I dosed this product with the unique form of Leucine in mind. I took one scoop most days before bed to supply my body with a steady amount of Amino Acids as I slept/recovered.

I used this supplement as a recovery aid. I could tell this helped a lot because my soreness was almost always absent. I took this at night towards the time i would fall asleep. My rational behind this is that this is the one time throughout the day that your body dosnt have a supply of amino acids. The ActiveTR allows the time released L-Leucine to be steadily released to your body over 8 hours. This allows your body to have the nutrients to kick-start protein synthesis during recovery and sleep. This plan did make a decent difference in my training. I pushed myself very hard in the gym and i could almost always jump up the next day at 6am with little to no DOMS. This made strides in my training since i am doing a full body split and could hit every day harder and harder without the worry of being so sore the next day i couldn't move. There were some days, particularly days where i hit maxes, where i would have some mild soreness after.
    I did use this as an intra workout some days. On these days it did offer me a mid-workout boost of energy to keep me on track.
    I have never taken a supplement that had a hydration matrix in it. I cant say that it made a huge difference but i did feel less thirsty in general. I normally drink around a gallon of water a day and this did continue while i took this because i know how much i need to drink even though im not thirsty.

The value of this product is great for what you get. Most amino acids are around $1/ serving which is where this one sits. It is 29.99 for mTor Pro but this is not including shipping. This puts it at $1/serving which I feel is a good value for the unique product you get.

Side Effects

I didn't experience any side effects while taking this product.

Conclusion

MTor Pro is a great option for anybody in the market for an EAA supplement. I realize this may be a 2nd or 3rd tier supplement for many but this truly will benefit your recovery time and alow you to push harder in the gym.
    • Mango Lemonade: 9/10

Thanks to Muscle Nutrition for sending it out!

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Taste Great
    • Good Mixability
    • Convenient
    • Benefits Of Whey Protein And A Cup Of Joe
    • Needs More Servings

Muscle Nutrition Protein Coffee Drink Mix gives you a good helping of high quality whey, while also supplementing you with plenty of essential other nutrients. The added caffeine is a great bous to help give you a good energy boost when you need. The price though is something that is not a welcome sight.

A special thanks to Muscle Nutrition for their participation here on SR.com. Also, an apology for the tardiness of the review. Today, I discuss Protein Coffee Drink Mix. As the supplement industry's most dominant and widely used category of products, protein supplements have made their way into every fitness buff's regimen at one point or another. It's a great way to help keep your macros in check and support all goals. Every now and then, there comes a product with some nice added bonuses. Such bonuses may include the addition of caffeine, multiple protein sources, or some added digestive enzymes. Truth be told, good 'ol classic whey will always be around.

In the meantime, let's see how Protein Coffee Drink Mix stands up....

Each single scoop serving provides the following:

Firstly, each serving clocks in at 130 calories. In addition, we have 2.5g of total fat, 7g of carbs, and 3g of sugar. You also get a good amount of other essential vitamins and minerals.

Second, each serving provides 120mg of caffeine.

Lastly, the total protein serving is 20g in the form of whey protein.

In summary, we have a special protein supplement with some nice extras and doesn't have any unnecessary fats, sugars, unfavorable carbs, or sodium.

This has one flavor, which is a classic iced coffee flavor with a pleasant mocha-like added aroma. I found it to be very good in water, but it was especially good in milk and almond milk. I mixed it with chocolate whole milk at one instance and it was a true preparation of deliciousness.

It mixed fully and thoroughly in all liquids and methods without clumps or any other problems.

Being that this had caffeine, I had to be more prudent and flexible on when I used a serving since I didn't want to overdo my stim intake as added from other sources such as coffee or pre workouts. Also, I want to note that I did not take this every consecutive day during my duration of using the product. Therefore, it lasted me close to three weeks as opposed to two weeks given the 14 servings in each tub. Still, I wanted to take full advantage of the caffeine kick. On weekdays, I would take a serving in the morning mixed with either water, milk, or almond milk before my workshifts. I did not take it on weekends since I have weekends off. With the exception of one day where I had to work an overnight shift, I had to make sure not to take this too close to bedtime since the caffeine would interrupt my sleep.

First I will discuss the energy aspect. The "pick me up" I got from the caffeine was a much welcomed benefits as it helped me get through my workshifts more efficiently. In addition, the energy also helped me feel more "primed" for my training sessions later in the day.

Second I will discuss the general protein aspect. As I would want from protein supplements, Protein Coffee Drink Mix helped reduce the morning DOMS and lethargy I would experience in the mornings following previous day intense training sessions. It also helped prolong my satiety through the day, helping my energy stay consistent an reducing my likelihood of unnecessary snacking if the pangs did hit. This I especially liked because when working in Healthcare, these hunger pangs are not only bothersome, but are also unpredictable since you don't focus on such a thing.

This is where the product takes a significant hit. Firstly, when I was researching the value, I noticed when clicking on the link that connects to Muscle Nutrition's direct page to Protein Coffee Drink Mix, the product was not listed. So whether the retail price of 29.99 stands or not is unknown.

Regardless, I did find it on Amazon and it is in fact 29.99. However, there is a 15.99 shipping charge. That alone is unacceptable. Not considering that though, even if the shipping were free and 30 dollars was the set price, that is still not the best of values. For starters, at only 14 servings per tub, you'd probably be better off just drinking your coffee straight up and taking your whey protein separately. Or, simply make your "coffee" shake with some fresh ground coffee mix and protein. Furthermore, the value is hurt more considering that while on Amazon, I saw that similar caffeinated protein supplements that contain more servings. One such example is Optimum Nutrition's Protein Energy that goes for 16.99 for a bag that contains 52 single scoop servings. If you were to take two scoops to equate Muscle Nutrition's product, that is still more servings for a lower price. I believe there is a shipping fee, but it is less expensive.

I understand that these specialty protein products do go for a little extra, but 30 dollars is not an efficient value for a mere 14 servings.

Now one thing I will give Protein Coffee Drink Mix the benefit of the doubt is that perhaps if the product is resumed by Muscle Nutrition, then the price may be changed or the tubs may be bigger. This is assuming that changes are made.

Side Effects

Conclusion

In conclusion, Muscle Nutrition's Protein Coffee Mix wins in the taste and efficacy department. However, this win is met with a loss when it comes to the overall retail value of the product.

I would recommend investing in cheaper similar options or simply concoct your own "coffee protein" shake.

If I were to invest in this again, I would want to see a bigger tub and a slightly lower price at the very least.

WARMACHINE OUT!!!

GO PATS!!!

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Easily Digested
    • Probiotics
    • Real Food
    • Use As A Shake Or Meal Replacement
    • Safe For Lactose Sensitive

After more than year of regular strength training and weight loss, I decided to try several protein sources with little portions and decide which brand I'll be using for the rest of my time. Reason why I didn't consume whey earlier was my health concerns: lack of digestive enzymes and lactose intolerance. Most of protein brands I consumed were much cheaper and not more than 14-16 servings. Even though this product is very expensive for it's amount, I liked it's description and gave a try.

25g Protein (from Grass Fed Whey Protein Concentrate)...

25g Protein (from Grass Fed Whey Protein Concentrate)
    12g Carbs (from Prebiotic Soluble Fiber: VitaFiber-Isomalto-oligosacchride (IMO), Sweet Potato Powder, VitaBerry Fruit Blend (Organic Strawberry, Organic Raspberry, Organic Blueberry, Organic Tart Cherry, Organic Elderberry, Organic Cranberry), VitaVeggie Blend (Organic Broccoli, Organic Broccoli Sprouts, Organic Tomato, Organic Carrot, Organic Spinach, Organic Kale)
    16g VITAMINS & MINERALS (Vitamin A 78 mcg, Vitamin C 1 mg, Vitamin D 7 mcg, Calcium 190 mg, Sodium 170 mg, Potassium 140 mg)

25 grams of protein is standard amount for most of Whey powders, but other macro-nutrients and ingredients took my mind immediately. Healthy carbs are essential for both: losing weight and Improving performance. I eat broccoli, sweet potato and all berries regularly to keep my weight scale going down. Absolutely all of these carbohydrate sources are wonderful for everything and they make Truefit Protein Ultimate All-in-one powder

What's most important for me, I'm still lactose sensitive and since Truefit Protein contains Lactobacillus Acidophillus Probiotics I safely drink it directly without any pills. With other brands I always consume high dose of digestive enzymes.

Taste is absolutely wonderful! As a big lover of milkshakes, can't wait to finish my workout. Just several seconds of strong shaking are completely enough to mix well. Can't say anything special about amount of protein, go for 1 or 2 scoops immediately after workout if you wish good meal replacement and high amount of healthy macro-nutrients.

As for effectiveness of only whey protein, it does it's duties very well: completely satisfies thirstiness, hunger, helps to recover fast and muscle growth can be noticed after 3-4 weeks of use. Except this whole my body feels very well and full of energy. Digestion is very important for people like me and can guarantee no problems with this shake, after regular consumption of ordinary whey, even with digestive enzymes my stomach feels bloated and irritated, while with Truefit protein my stomach feels much more healthier.
    In addition to this, I also used Truefit for baking Protein rich muffins with eggs, banana and chocolate milk, which was great alternative for my cravings.

This is only and huge disadvantage of Truefit Protein. Cheapest online market to purchase this whey is bodybuilding.com at $29.99 price,
    with only 20 servings ($1.50 per scoop), each jar costs twice as much as direct competitors. If you look at prices of BPI Protein on www.muscleandstrength.com, price ranges from $1.14 to $0.56 Per Serving, for Allmax whey products on same website price ranges from $1.00 and $0.57(with current discounts). I gave example of these two brands, because even tough I'm satisfied with Truefit, it's still hard to compare it with bestsellers like Optimum Nutrition, Myprotein, Nitro-tech and many more. But, not any of these brands contain so many minerals and vitamins.

Side Effects

Didn't experience any of relevant side effects.

Conclusion

So Truefit lean protein is really on of the best and healthiest supplements you can purchase on market. Whether trying to cut or gain muscle/strength, this supplement can help you to achieve your daily protein goals when consumed properly. Even if you love to bake with whey for fighting with your cravings, all of its macro-nutrients are ideal. Problem is price, if you wish to get all of these elements, you can get them from foods directly or purchase them from other markets, such as sweet potato powder from amazon and add them into your shake. Hope RSP Nutrition soon reduces price and starts manufacture of large amounts.
    • Gourmet Vanilla Milkshake: 10/10
    • Cinnamon Churro: 10/10

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Appetite Suppression
    • Fat Loss
    • Can Be Mixed With Other Supplements
    • Not Dosed Well
    • Too Sweet

I purchased leanmode because it has been bestseller fat burner for last few years on bodybuilding.com. I've been regularly training recently and managed to lose 40 kg already, so I already experienced weight loss plateau and all the difficulties associated with fat. Before leanmode I tried two fat burners and both of them contained stimulants. After finishing several jars of them, I decided to give a try to this bestseller.

CLA (Conjugated Linoleic Acid) Powder (std. min. 60% CLA) 1,000 mg
    Acetyl-L-Carnitine 1,000 mg
    Green Coffee Bean Extrac...

CLA (Conjugated Linoleic Acid) Powder (std. min. 60% CLA) 1,000 mg
    Acetyl-L-Carnitine 1,000 mg
    Green Coffee Bean Extract 200 mg
    Garcinia Cambogia Extract (std. min. 60% HCA) (fruit rind) 200 mg
    Green Tea Leaf Extract (std. min. 60% EGCG) 100 mg

Absolutely Everything listed in here are natural sources responsible for transporting body fat to mitochondria and boost energy levels when creating calorie deficit. According to many researches, both CLA and L-Carnitine are scientifically proved ingredient to help utilize body fat, thus making them essential ingredients for weight watchers. In addition to this, L-Carnitine is good Energy contributor and metabolism booster. Garcinia Cambogia Extract is very good source to suppress you appetite and you can also find lots of products of them created from other manufacturers. Other ingredients are strong antioxidants and when taken probably, they will undoubtedly help your body to function effectively.

I cut sugary drinks years ago and never regret it, so this supplement is very sweet for me, even if I mixed it with 0.5 liters of water, still very hard to swallow. Mixes normally but not fully, so you need to shake it very well or just use small hand mixer. Most relevant thing why I dislike this product is it's dosing. CLA can be taken up to 6,000 mg per day and L-carnitine up to 5,000 mg. With 1,000 mg of each leanmode becomes very poorly dosed and for benefits must be taken at least twice per day.

I started consuming leanmode as directed by manufacturer, absolutely nothing changed, no appetite suppression, no energy, no change on body and no movement on scale. Tried to drink two times per day, but nothing changed and wasn't very easy for my body to absorb as a first thing in the morning.

But I managed to find solution: I've purchased unflavord BCAAs earlier and as you may know they taste terrible, almost impossible to swallow. I mixed leanmode with unflavored from other brand BCAAs, both of them easily neutralized their tastes and changes started to appear immediately. After one week of use small portion of muscles still appeared on my body and scale started to go down again!

The cheapest way to purchasr leanmode is bidybuilding.com, where it costs 19.97 $ only 30 servings. It might not cost as expensive as other effective fat burners but given information, you still have to purchase other supplements, thus all current prices on every online markets logically seems very high for such additional jar...

Side Effects

When drink on empty stomach or first thing in the morning irritated stomach very much. Otherwise nothing can happen to me.

Conclusion

As an experienced man in burning fat, I can definitely assure you to always include BCAAs in your supplement. They promote protein synthesis and indirectly help you burn some fat. Products like leanmode are only so called "add-on" Items to them and absolutely not guaranteed to make you lose weight. They can even represent danger to your heart health when taken not properly. There are lots of amino acids' complexes available, which contain both: BCAA and Fat Burning ingredients. So I Advice to rely on them. I also have to say stimulant free fat burners will take much more time to show some impact, because boosting metabolism and burning fat are in positive correlation.
    If your body can tolerate caffeine and L-Taurine, just go for Stimluant Thermogenics!
    • Blueraz: 8/10