Recent Reviews

Thanks to AZÖTH for sending it out!
  December 14, 2017

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Improved Focus
  • Better Mental Clarity
  • Enhanced Cognition
  • No Prop Blends
  • Not Stim Heavy
  • Price

Whats up SR, wanted to drop my review of the well dosed Azoth 2.0. I chose to review this product as I recently started a podcast with some friends of mine as well as I began an MMA blog in my spare time just for fun and to get some thoughts out of my head and onto a platform. I figured why not see if a Nootropic can help me out, so with that said Shoutout to the guys over at Azoth for sending me some and the Trooper program for making it happen.

The first thing I look for with any ingredient profile is full disclosure, Azoth ticked that box by giving me a fully disclosed label, off to a great start. This product is jam packed with nootropic ingredients, and no stimulants, making it somewhat unique in the constantly growing Nootropic market. the label is as follows:

Ashwaganda - 500mg
Theacrine - 100mg
Hordenine HCL - 50mg
Bioperine - 10mg
Huperzine A - 100mcg

Wow, they included pretty much every focus and cognitive agent out there right now and in some very solid doses. I like the 10mg (double clinical dosage) of Bioperine to aid in the absorption of all those active ingredients as well.

This is a capsule form product, so the taste is not relevant. The capsules are of average size, easy to swallow and don't get stuck in your throat, all positives in my book. Dosing is 2-3 capsules with a light meal containing healthy fats.

Now lets get down to what really matters, does this work? the straight forward answer is yes, but let me break that down. My general experience with this product was: I would take a serving, kind of sit around and wait for some kind of noticeable boost, but it would never come. I felt discouraged the first time I took this as I was hoping for an immediate effect, but not wanting to waste time I began writing. Next thing I knew I looked up at the clock on the corner of my laptop and an hour and a half had passed and I had hammered out almost 5,000 words of half decent content and this was my experience with the rest of my run. This is what I was hoping for, it didn't kick me into gear per say, I never really felt any sharper, but when I would actually put my head down and work I was fully locked in and had no issue getting work done. The same went for podcasting, we would begin and I wouldn't feel any different, but as time went on I would notice myself remembering stats or names or whatever was being talked about faster then I would normally.

Overall I would say that with this it works best if you're already focused on a task or are going to try and get something specific done (such as study, write, work, etc) then it will keep you locked in and focused on that task, as well as aid in general cognitive function. If you are looking for something to push you in the "zone" this may not be your answer, you have to already be putting in the work to feel the full effects. impressive overall in my books.

the value is the only area that takes a hit in my books, one bottle is 15 servings and that retails for $34.99 on Azoth's website, but right now they have it listed as $24.99 (a sale I assume), or you can get 2 bottles (30 servings) for $69.99, which is very confusing because why wouldn't you just buy 2 x 15 serving bottles for $50?
1 serving @ $34.99 = $2.33 per serving
1 serving @ sale price of $24.99 = $1.66 per serving

Disregarding the current sale this is a high price point for a non essential supplement in my books, these "add on" supplements are great if you have the spare cash, but its clearly best to wait for a sale to come around.

Side Effects

Conclusion

In conclusion Azoth 2.0 does what it says it will do, you will have increases in Cognitive function and focus, but its important to remember that this is not a stimulant based product, so you may not feel the effects unless you are doing something that requires focus and brain function, you still have to put the effort in and then let this help you. However the high price point makes it worth waiting until a sale comes around. If you're a student or have a job that requires you to think on the fly and involves creativity or writing of any sort then I would definitely recommend giving this a try.

ISO-CUTS (International Protein)

Overall
Thanks to International Protein for sending it out!

• Quality Ingredients
  • Not Enough Servings
  • Not Tasty
  • Underdosed
  • Underwhelming
  • Sinkers That Stick

This is a hard review, because I don't want to come off as being too hard on International Protein...but I think it's necessary that they hear the truth. Like my coaches always said before making us run, "I don't enjoy punishing you, but it's for your own good."

First off, I would like to say thank you to the TROOPS program and to International Protein for participating. I was sent the 22 serving Choco Latte flavor. International Protein is a company that I hadn't had any experience with prior to my run with Iso Cuts. They are a company that predominantly serves the Australian market, and other international markets. I believe they are new to the US market, and have a solid range of products.

At first glance, Iso-Cuts appears to be a really cool product with highlights consisting of Whey Protein Isolate and various metabolism boosting ingredients. International Protein emphasizes the fact that consumers will get clinical dosages of ECG, HCA, and Caffeine, but a further look shows that you would need to consume 3 servings to get those dosages.

Per 40g serving, the macros are: 150 cals, 32g protein, .5g fat, 2g carbs. In each serving you also get 638mg Gardenia (HCA), 109mg Green Tea Extract (ECG), 30mg Green Coffee Extract (Caffeine), 33mg L-Carnitine, 3200ug Inositol, 3200ug Choline, and 132ug Chromium Polynicotinate.

As noted above, this looks like a pretty cool profile. It's fairly low calorie, the protein source is WPI, low carb/fat, and includes some really great fat burning/weight management ingredients. That being said, the inclusion of the fat burning ingredients is almost pointless in my opinion unless you really want to burn through a 22 serving bag of protein in no time.

Like I said before, I had the Choco Latte. I was really excited to try this flavor, but it was honestly a pretty big let down. I envisioned a coffee flavor with a hint of chocolate, but instead I got a watery and almost earthy chocolate flavor with little to no coffee flavoring. It didn't taste terrible, but I wouldn't say I'll be picking that flavor again in the future.

I always took this product 1 scoop at a time and some days I would take 1 scoop in the morning and another post workout. I would mix the Iso-Cuts in water, never milk, and would use between 6-12 ounces (I wanted to find the sweet spot). For me the sweet spot ended up being around 8 ounces of water. It didn't mix as easy as typical WPIs, and I attribute that to the inclusion of the various fat burning ingredients. Which takes me to my next point- once I did have the protein mixed completely, I better have downed it pretty quick. No joke, if I didn't drink it within a few minutes I would end up with tons of sinkers. This often resulted in particles being stuck to the bottom of my shaker. Now you may be saying "that isn't too bad, just add more water and finish up the residue!" Well let me tell you, the residue was stuck there. It was as if I glued little pieces of sand to the bottom of my shaker.

Effectiveness is generally hard to judge when it comes to proteins. Either you get the protein you need or you don't. This had a solid profile, and I believe I got the protein I needed in the mornings and after workouts.

This product is different from your typical protein, as it also claims to help with fat burning. I didn't see any noticeable results in that department. I had a tiny bit of energy (maybe) from the caffeine, but that was about it. I never took 3 servings in a day (as necessary to get the effective doses), but I still don't think it would have really made a huge difference because I would have finished the product in about 7 days.

So if you look at this product as purely a protein product, as I did, it was just about as effective as any. If you are looking for fat burning, look somewhere else lol

The value is pretty awful. As noted above, this product requires users to take 3 servings per day in order to realize the fat burning benefits...and this product costs a cool $59.99 for 2lbs which will get you 31 servings. That is just absurd. Think about it, if you took the recommended number of servings in a day you would be paying $59.99 for 10 days worth of PROTEIN. There is no chance I would pay that price for the best protein product on the market. As a comparison, for around $53 you can get around 63 servings of MTS machine whey. I know, its not WPI only, it doesn't have fat burning ingredients, and it has around 25g protein per serving...but it also tastes amazing and is much more cost effective. Alternatively, pick any other leading WPI product and I feel confident guaranteeing that it will be cheaper per serving.

Side Effects

NONE

Conclusion

I want to start this conclusion by saying, I think this is a cool idea for a product. I definitely think there is a market for a protein powder/fat burner combo, but the product must be more cost effective and provide better doses of fat burning ingredients. If you look at this product and take it for what it really is- a protein powder- you will realize that there are much cheaper/tastier alternatives on the market. I applaud International Protein for taking a somewhat different (but not totally novel) approach to this protein powder, but I will likely not be buying this product in the future.
  • Choco Latte: 5/10

Strength1 (Muscle1, Inc.)

Overall
Overall
7.1
7.1
Thanks to Muscle1, Inc. for sending it out!

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Increase Strength
  • A Little Pricey
  • Expensive Especially At Higher Dosages

(About yourself, 1-3 sentences maximum)
What's up SR this review is on muscle 1 strength 1-Andro product. I've tired the PCT which I really like for a first time user now I'm doing for there strength gains. I've never tired a 1-Andro when muscle 1 put there put up for review I really wanted to give it a try to see how it would run. Some of the claims for this product is lean muscle gains, sky rocking strength, along with increasing muscle density. Let's see how it works.

The main ingredient is 1-Androstene at 110mg, then follows the elite pe...

(About yourself, 1-3 sentences maximum)

The main ingredient is 1-Androstene at 110mg, then follows the elite peak intake complex at 600mg

Dosing was to take 1 pill 2 to 3 times daily. I did the 1 pill 2 times daily.

For being the first time using and 1-Andro product the results were solid. I notice a nice increase with my weight training in the gym along with a little added extra rage to get it done. There was also more noticeable difference with my body I was putting more mass and size on with my training. The extra strength from the 1-Andro helped me achieve more of my lifting goals in the gym. I was able to rack n pull 495lb for 15 reps. Which before when I was not on this product there was no chance I would ever be able to do that much weight. Also I was also able to bench squat 525lb for 12reps which was a PR before was 495lb for 2 reps. Overall this was a great beginner 1-Andro product and in the future I would be willing to try something stronger. I was very pleased with the results that I did get.

The price with this product it is 89.99 for 60 servings but that would also depend on how the dosing that you use. It would of course cost more if you did it three times a day.

Side Effects

Strength gainz

Conclusion

If you have never taking a 1-Andro product before defiantly give muscle 1 a try. The results were really good and made a great impact with my overall lifts and making some PR gains.

Thanks to NutraBio for sending it out!

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Mixes Well
  • Super Clean Protein
  • No Fillers
  • Lactose And Gluten Free
  • Zero Fat And Carbs
  • A Bit Pricey
  • Light On Taste

Hello all, sorry for the delay on this review, 'tis the season of finals for a college student and I'm finally all caught up and can start getting some reviews done. I want to first thank both SP and NutraBio for providing me with a full container of their Chocolate Peanut Butter 100% Whey Protein Isolate. This was a pretty decent protein, I know that NutraBio has some very nice products and their protein was one that I needed to try.

A very plain ingredient profile, if you know NutraBio they don't like to put anything in their product that doesn't need to be there.

3g Fat
2g Carbs
-1g Dietary Fiber
25g Protein
They include that there is actually 28.74g of whey protein isolate that will yield to 25g of protein

This is a very acceptable nutritional split for an isolate. 25g is a very good amount of protein although, being 200+ lbs and intensely train 4-6 days a week, I would still double scoop my protein whenever I took it.

I've mixed this with both water and milk, so I'll give an assessment of both of them

Taste (water): I had the chocolate peanut butter flavor which was not bad at all, but I was kind of disappointed I couldn't taste much of the peanut butter
Taste (milk): The taste kinda reminded me of a chocolate peanut butter ice cream's, but one of those that was way more chocolate than peanut butter

Mixability (water): I didn't have a problem with it mixing with water, it all seemed to mix thoroughly in 12oz
Mixability (milk): It definitely was a harder time getting it to mix all the way in milk. After I finished drinking it there would always be small bits of undissolved protein at the bottom of my bottle

Dosing: I would take 2 scoops of protein post workout and and mix it in 12oz of milk or water

While taking this product I noticed a progression of clean, lean muscle gain. I don't typically keep track of my numbers, but while taking this protein I hit a proud PR on bench press of 225 for 18 reps. *self-five* which before starting I was maxing that rep range out at about 14. I didn't gain nor lose any weight while taking this product either, but I was able to remain lean and make gains that I was able to see in the mirror and necessarily on the scale. As far as recovery, there wasn't any anything that gave me reason to think that did anything special to my recovery time compared to previous proteins i've had, so I'd say there was a standard recovery time.

On BodyBuilding.com, a 2lb container is $39.99 coming out to $1.38 per serving

Side Effects

Conclusion

In all, I was very pleased with this product. It got the job done and helped me achieve decent growth while remaining somewhat lean. It's not too bad of a value either, so I would look into buying this again at some point.

Overall
Thanks to International Protein for sending it out!

• Excellent Ingredient Profile
  • Convenient Package
  • Easily Digested
  • Limited Availability
  • So-So Mixability
  • Awkward Scoop

So, this is my second review of an International Protein product. The first one was Iso-Cuts, an innovative Whey Protein Isolate with a great ingredient profile and a ridiculous price tag. This time around, it's Amino Charged WPI, a WPI enchanced with BCAAs and EAAs to assist with recovery. Thanks again to IP for supporting the TROOP Program.

Amino Charged WPI contains a whey protein isolate blend of micro-filtered WPI and hydrolyzed whey peptides, totaling 35 grams per 40 gram scoop. This yields an 87.5 protein percentage, an excellent amount for any protein supplement. In addition, there's added L-Glutamine, L-Arginine, and 14 other amino acids.

I was given the banana flavor, and to be totally honest, it tasted more like lemon vanilla cake frosting, especially when mixed in almond milk. This is not a bad thing, though. the taste was light and satisfying without being overly sweet. Maybe there was a hint of banana in the aftertaste, but I couldn't detect it. Amino Charge tasted pretty good in water and damn good when mixed with almond milk.

As far as mixability goes, Amino Charged has a lot fluffier texture than other WPIs, as such, I would not recommend stirring it; you'll be there all day trying to smooth out the clumps. However, when shaken in a blender bottle, it mixed perfectly in about 20 seconds.

The label says that you can take 2-3 servings a day, but at only 22.7 servings per bag, this can be quite expensive.

Amino Charge and pretty much every other IP protein supplement is conveniently inconvenient. It's convenient because the 2 lb size doesn't come in a tub; it comes in a bag with a resealable zip-loc. It's inconvenient because it comes with a weird shaped oval scoop. Scooping out the protein and putting it in a blender or blender bottle was fairly easy, but sports bottles and shaker cups require a lot of patience because you're guaranteed to have about an ounce or so of protein on the counter or floor, or desk at work.

Maybe I felt a placebo effect, but I truly believe that the added amino acids helped my recovery and made my muscles look fuller. i didn't have any stomach problems when taking this, which is a good thing, because I'm very lactose intolerant.

The only place in the US that I could find Amino Charged WPI was on Amazon for 18 dollars plus 4 dollars shipping. Australian websites carry it for 38 US dollars. If you choose the Amazon route, you're looking at about $79 cents per serving--not bad, and a downright bargain compared to Iso-Cuts. Choosing to order it from Australia will be considerably more; about $1.76 per serving. This is a no-brainer here. I'm curious to see what its price point will be once more US sites pick it up.

Side Effects

Conclusion

Amino Charged WPI is a great tasting and unique protein from one of the most respected brands in Australia. I think IP should squeeze 8-10 more servings in each 2 lb bag to make it a true bargain. As it stands though, I'll be ordering some from Amazon and keeping my eyes open for its availability here on other US websites.
  • Banana: 9/10

Cluster Bomb (Redcon1)

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Tastes Good
  • Slight Foaming

38 years old, and I lift 4 times a week. I used to resist taking any supplements intra-workout, but have since learned the benefits of taking a good Carb during my workout. Cluster Bomb was part of my REDCON1 stack I have been running, and this is review 8 of 9 from that stack. Lets see how this performed.

Simple transparent profile here, with the only ingredient being25g of Cluster Dextrin (Highly Branched Cyclic Dextrin) per 27.5g Scoop. I did measure the scoop to ensure we were getting a correct dose as per the label, and this was right on the money.

Highly Branched Cyclic Dextrin (HBCD) is a source of carbohydrates and is synthesized through the breakdown of starch by an enzyme that forms clusters of sugar molecules. Basically, HBCDs are absorbed and sent to the muscles quicker than your traditional carbs. A great breakdown is found here on SR at https://supplementreviews.com/ingredients/highly-branched-cyclic-dextrin

Taste: I got the Grape flavor, and really enjoyed it. It was not sweet, not tart, and was right on the money. It was like a nice grape koolaid type flavor, and was super esay to drink during workouts. Anything sweet kills me while I workout, but that was not the case here, this was spot on!

Mixability: Slight foaming upon shaking it up, but it settles down pretty quickly. Like any other REDCON1 product, this does leave slight residue on the bottom once you finish the shaker, no big deal, mixed up fine.

Dosing: The directions call to mix up to 2 scoops for intra-workout glycogen support. I would just use one scoop per workout, and sip throughout, finishing up on my last exercise. My workouts run about an hour long, so perhaps you would need more carbs if you hit the 2-3 hour mark, but that was not the case for me.

When I first started to take a carb supplement intra-workout, I always thought it was just a placebo and not necessary. So, with Cluster Bomb, I took it for 2 weeks and then stopped for 1 week to see the difference. Definitely not a placebo. During my workouts when I would take this, my energy levels would remain high, and when I would get tired or fatigued, I could almost feel this give me a boost to keep going. A few times, mostly on deadlift days, I would sit on a bench, tired, sweating, dreading the next set.....then a sip of cluster bomb, and when I started my reps I would get a kick in of energy. Really good stuff here.

When I took a week off from this, and since I have run out of this, I could tell my workouts seem to drag a bit mentally. My PWO usually does fine for the workout, but not having this as an extra boost makes a big difference. Cluster Bomb really did a nice job and delivering the Carbs for that extra energy during my workouts.

I picked this up from REDCON1 for $39.99 for 30 servings, coming out to $1.33 per serving. It appears you can buy this from I'll Pump You Up.com for $29.95 coming out to about a dollar per serving. A dollar a serving is not bad in my eyes, and appears to be about right for some quality HBCD's. Sure there is cheaper out there, but the value here in my eyes is that the product works well for me.

Side Effects

Conclusion

If you are like me and are skeptical about intra-workout supplements, then you should allow Cluster Bomb to change your mind. I have had a good run of intra-workout supps since being so skeptical (IntraBlast, Super Carb, Cluster Bomb) and have been very happy with how they truly to enhance my workouts in their own ways. Cluster Bomb gave me some decent energy, better than Super Carb in fact, and I was sad to run out of this. I will definitely be picking up more of this in the future, once I get done exploring the world of carbs that are out there. I highly recommend this one!
  • Grape: 9/10

Thanks to LabTech Nutraceuticals for sending it out!

Pros:
 Cons:
  • No Jitters
  • Burns Fat
  • 8 Week Supply
  • Fully Disclosed Label
  • Weight Loss
  • Some Ingredients Under Dosed
  • Some Dry Mouth

What's up SR family, I would like to thank Lab Tech Nutraceuticals and the Trooper program for the opportunity to give Thermo Fuel a run. As we all know, during the holidays, it is hard to avoid over eating all the yummy stuff the family and the people of the office bring. Controlling yourself can be hard, unless you have a support buddy like a fat burner of some kind. I wanted to see if Thermo Fuel could be the little angel on the right side, telling me not to eat that. Did the little devil to the left of me win? Let us find out

Lab Tech,...

Lab Tech, like all of their other products, their labels is fully disclosed! Thermo Fuel is well balanced with ingredients that it gives you. I will touch on a couple of them, as most of us here; have seen most of these ingredients. At a first glance, one will think that taking Thermo Fuel, you will explode with the amount of stims in it. However, that is not the case, as I will explain in the effective section of my review.

There is 350 mg of Caffeine, along with 100 mg of DMHA, which is Amp Citrate's dirty cousin, and there is 30mg of L-Theanine, I would like to have seen at least 100 mg of this. In addition, there is 30 mg of White Willow Bark, AKA Aspirin, which helps control inflammation; this was one of the three ingredients of the old school "Trucker's Delight" Ephedra, Aspirin, and Caffeine, the good old days!

Taste - Well, they are capsules, so there is no taste; however, on some occasions, I would open the capsules and mix it in with some BCAA. The only pet peeve is, when I open the capsules, it was not completely full.

Mix - Nothing to mix, pop and go; however, if you do mix it with something, it does mix well with BCAA and fruit juice, when mixed with water, it would just float on top.

Dosing - I used this mainly in the morning and occasionally I would split the dose into one capsule in the am and the other around 1pm. In addition, I only ran this at 3 capsules a day, which lasted about 45 days.

Thermo Fuel for me, worked well, I enjoyed the run on this. Right off the back, from my initial dose, the caffeine kicked in right away, considering I was taking it on an empty stomach. Within 15 mins, I felt the focus aspect of Thermo Fuel kick in. In addition, while on Thermo Fuel, I never felt cracked out of my mind, it was a smooth transition, which lasted about 5 hours when taking the full dose of two capsules.

As for the appetite control of Thermo Fuel, it was not like other fat burners, I have tried in the past, where the suppression was so strong, that I would not eat and then have a sugar drop. With Thermo Fuel, I was still able to eat; however, I would not over eat, and would get full faster. This effect allowed me to eat smaller portions, since living in Texas where everything is big, including the 50lbs of food they serve you at restaurants.

As for the thermogenic effect, what I liked is on days when I did not work out in the morning while Thermo Fuel, I was warm, but not breaking out in a sweat while sitting at my desk. On days where I would workout with Thermo Fuel in the morning, I felt the increase in body eat and the sweat was all over. Furthermore, I was able to lose about 5lbs and 2 inches; 5 pounds might not sound like much, but losing 2 inches to me was well worth it.

Thermo Fuel can be found at around $50.00 for 60 servings, which is not bad for a product that actually works. If you only take two capsules, you will get 2 months out of it. In addition, I was able to find Lab tech products on Total Nutrition, which most of the time offer 10% off and have decent promotion.

Side Effects

There were two sides for me that I noticed, one, I experienced some dry mouth, and second, if I took it too late in the day on my split dosing days, I would have a hard time falling asleep.

Conclusion

Thermo Fuel in my opinion is a well put together fat burner with thermogenic properties. For those who are stim sensitive, I recommend that you build up to 3 to 4 capsule; I am sure if I had ran 4 capsules a day, I may have seen faster results. I would recommend picking a bottle up and starting 2018 with a bang. This may not help you deal with all the New Year resolution gang at your gym, but it will help get rid of all that eggnog we downed over the holidays. I would like to thank Lab Tech Nutraceuticals again for the opportunity.

OptiBurn Amped - Powder (Platinum Labs)

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Decent Thermogenesis
  • Good Mood Enhancement
  • Great Profile And Dosages
  • No Proprietary Blends
  • Fat Loss

Whats up SR, I decided to review OptiBurn Amped because I had heard so much about OptiBurn when it first came onto the scene and I wanted to see if the latest version was worthy of the hype. I train hypertrophy style workouts and my cardio comes in the form of Muay Thai and Boxing, as well as the occasional HIIT or Metcon on the weekend if I'm feeling it. Shout out to Platinum Labs and the Trooper program for hooking me up!

Right out of the gate I see a fully disclosed ingredient panel, love that, wish every company would disclose everything, well done PL. I'll keep it short and sweet here with the cliffnotes and will attach the full panel below.

N-Aceytl L- Carnitine - 2g (massive dose)
    CLA - 500mg
    African Mango Seed Extract - 300mg
    Caffeine Anhydrous - 250mg
    Dandelion Root - 200mg
    Higenamine HCL - 50mg
    Synephrine HCL - 30mg

The flavour I received was "Aussie Summer" reminded me of an Arnold Palmer style drink, aka fantastic. Really enjoyed this flavour and was easy to drink either in large amounts of water or small. Mixability was great, no floaters or sinkers, but I also constantly shake my supplements. Dosing is one scoop per day, which I took either as an afternoon pick me up, or a pre cardio/ combat sports workouts.

I'll break this down into key categories to keep things simple.

Energy: A very smooth energy boost, no cracked out stim feelings or out of control heart rates, picked me up gently but most importantly put me down the same way (no crash). Very much enjoyed this as an afternoon pick me up, felt like it woke me up just enough to keep me pushing without having to worry about a hard crash.

Mood/ Focus: Felt a significant mood boost while taking this, it was similar to a DMHA elevated state feel, felt more confident (weird I know) and just overall in a better mood, especially at work which can be stressful.

Thermogenesis: Definite warming feeling pretty quickly after ingestion. When taken pre cardio that warm feeling quickly turned into a dripping sweat and forced me to bring a towel to my sessions. Very impressive because while there was the warming sensation when taken in the afternoons for a boost, there was no dripping of sweat which would have been very uncomfortable.

Diuretic: Overall I do feel tighter while I ran this product, I drink a lot of water at work so frequent bathroom breaks are common for me anyways, no issues there.

Appetite Suppressant/ Hunger: I honestly don't have issues with appetite suppression, so I cant say that this increased my lack of hunger as Im not a frequent eater normally.

Actual Weight loss: During my run of this product I went from 213 pounds down to 203, while I cant attribute all of that loss to a fat burner (I was running a pretty strict Keto diet), I can say that this was a factor in losing a few of the extra pounds towards the end via pushing me through tough workouts.

This product has a fantastic value. Each tub contains 45 servings (true servings) and retails for around $35-$40, at less then a dollar per serving and the fact that one scoop is a true serving, the value is fantastic

Side Effects

Increases in sweat, don't take too close to bed time obviously.

Conclusion

In conclusion this may be my new favourite fat burner, top to bottom a great product all around that manages to give the user well dosed ingredients and doesn't "pixie dust". Clean energy and the mood boost alone were enough to sell me, throw in the increases in sweat and the shrinking number on the scale and you have one impressed customer. Now consider that it doesn't break the bank and you have yourself a return customer, well done Platinum Labs, well done.
    • Aussie Summer: 9/10

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Better Sleep
    • No Prop Blends
    • Vivid Dreams At Times
    • Knock Out Sleep
    • Sleep Hangovers

Whats up SR, I chose to review this product because as someone who has night owl tendencies but wakes up very early to train (4:30am), I need something that can help put me down and keep me down during those restless nights. My training is currently hypertrophy style workouts in the mornings, although as winter arrives I am starting to focus on heavy compound lifts. At night I either train Muay Thai or Boxing, the boxing class runs late (not home until around 10:15pm at the earliest), and seeing as it is an intense workout or sparring session, I have trouble falling asleep. Thanks to Platinum Labs and the trooper program for sending this out!

The profile on this product is fully disclosed which is a major plus, but there are quite a few ingredients, for both sleep boosting/ aid as well as fat loss. So im only going to touch on the key ingredients and dosages for both of those points. I'll attach the full profile below.

Sleep Aid:

N-Aceytl L- Carnitine- 500mg
    Raspberry ketones - 100mg
    Green tea Extract - 100mg
    Dandelion Root Extract - 200mg

Overall a solid formula, clearly as this is a sleep aid all of the fat loss ingredients are non stim.

The flavour I received was the "Aussie Summer" flavour, wow was this ever nice to drink, tasted kind of like an Arnold Palmer style drink to me, very easy to take down before bed. Mixability was great, no floaters or sinkers. Dosage is a scoop before bed, but I did experiment with a range of dosages.

This is what really matters? Does this work? Well the answer is yes, but almost too well? I know that sounds ridiculous, but read the warning label carefully about making sure you have enough time to get a solid number of hours in bed. This put me on my back and kept me there. I was out cold the entire night while on this product, no tossing and turning, slept fantastic. However with that came a sleep hangover and a few snooze button hits, thats why this is almost too effective. On weekdays this was kind of tough because I would go to bed late and have to be up early, but on the weekends when I could sleep in this was amazing, I slept great and woke up feeling fantastic and refreshed. Be very careful when you dose this product, towards the end of the tub i did try messing around with a half scoop, and found this to be a perfect week day dosage, as the sleep hangover wasn't bad at all and I was able to get a good rest in. In terms of helping you fall asleep this was very effective as well, coming home late from boxing and being tired physically but mentally very alert this was able to help me gear down and I was asleep before I knew it, which I loved.

As for the fat burning I am not totally sure how to review it, yes I did lose weight while taking this product, but I was also in a caloric deficit and was working out like a mad man. So while yes Im sure this product did help me lose some pounds, i cant say to what extent any loss is due to OptiDreams. I would take this product as a sleep aid and not a fat loss supplement, any fat loss is just a bonus.

This product comes in at a price point of $34.99 for 30 servings, placing it at just over $1 per serving ($1.16), but if you can manage off a half serving like I learned towards the end then the value doubles, making it a great deal as an effective sleep aid.

Side Effects

Bad sleep hangovers, makes you want to hit the snooze button, so make sure you have a good amount of time in bed, or else you may be missing some alarms.

Also weird dreams, nothing nightmare like, but very abnormal dreams, this isn't a negative side effect, but something to note.

Conclusion

Overall this product is a very powerful sleep aid, one that isn't to be messed with, be careful and start with a low dose and work up to find what works for you. As a fat loss product I cant say that this would be a great stand alone product, so take this as a sleep aid and any other benefits (i.s fat loss) as the cherry on top. I would recommend this to anyone who has troubles falling or staying asleep, but make sure you tread carefully with dosing or risk facing a gnarly and groggy morning commute to work when you're late.
    • Australian Summer: 9/10

Defcon1 Black Label (Platinum Labs)

December 12, 2017

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Good Focus
    • Lacking Pumps

Whats up SR, I chose to try this product based on my current training program involving early morning (4:30am) lifting sessions, aka I need something to wake me up and turn off zombie mode. My training is currently hypertrophy based but as the weather gets colder I am transitioning into a more powerbuilding style with emphasis on heavy compound lifts. Thanks to Platinum Labs and the Trooper program for sending this my way.

Right out of the gate I noticed that this had a fully disclosed ingredient profile, something I love to see. I'll keep this section short and to the point only touching on what I feel is key, but I will attach the full profile below.

Pump Based Ingredients
    Agmatine Sulfate (AGMass) - 1g

Energy and Focus
    Caffeine Anhydrous - 250mg
    Choline Bitartrate - 500mg
    Theobromine - 100mg
    Juglans Regia (Root) Extract - 80mg (This is a natural form of DMHA)
    Higenamine HCL - 50mg

Strength and Endurance
    Beta Alanine - 2g
    Creatine HCL - 1g

The flavour I received was Watermelon, which I have to say was very impressive. Not overly sweet or sour, it was a very easy to drink flavour early in the morning, well done Platinum Labs. Mix-ability was perfect, no floaters or sinkers. Dosing is simple, one scoop before a workout. i did experiment and work up to about a 1.25 scoop as well.

I'll break down the effectiveness in the various things one looks for in a pre workout

Energy & Focus: the energy on this product was very solid, not blow your hair back stims, but a nice increase of energy without a major crash. This is clearly due to the not ridiculous caffeine dose, 250mg is perfect when combined with other stimulants in order to not over do it and leave the user feeling cracked out. The focus was an area I was very impressed with, I found myself dialed into my workouts, I will note that it was more of an elevated state type focus due to the DMHA, rather then a tunnel vision feeling. Personally I love the elevated mood and overall good feeling this gave me.

Endurance & Strength: Due to the solid dosing of creatine HCL I was able to notice an increase in my overall strength while running this product. I respond very well to Creatine HCL and a 1g dose is very generous for a pre workout, no major jumps in my lifts, but steady increases by the end of the tub. The endurance was also not an issue with the 2g of Beta Alanine, but I did notice there was no "tingles", some people love them and some hate them, Im personally indifferent, but something to note.

Pumps: This was the one area this product lacked for me, with the only pump based ingredient being Agmatine, while in a respectable dose it just simply wasn't enough to give me more then mediocre pumps and increases in blood flow. I would have loved to see some Citrulline or Glycerol.

The value of this may be one of its best qualities. It comes in a 40 serving tub, and due to it being a true one scoop serving that is 40 real servings (not 20 like some companies try and pull), and retails for an average of $39.99, making it right at a dollar per serving. A price I have zero issue with paying.

Side Effects

No side effects, no crash. Obviously do not consume close to bed time.

Conclusion

In conclusion this is a great pre workout for those looking for a smooth energy without a "cracked out" feeling or a crash, users can expect a nice increase in focus and a mood boost. While it does lack in pump ingredients there are ways around that (such as stacking with their pump product Black Ops) or for those who train powerlifting or Crossfit style this is perfect. I would personally recommend this to someone who is looking for an upgrade from a basic pre workout but who doesn't wanna jump into the deep end regarding heavy stimulants, this is a great middle ground.Factor in the solid price point and flavour, and you have yourself a very solid pre workout. Well done Platinum labs.
    • Watermelon: 9/10