Recent Reviews

Thanks to AurumRX for sending it out!

Back at it again today for a review of Trumino 6000 by AurumRX. BCAAs are a staple for me as I continue to cut. I usually workout and do fasted cardio, so adding BCAAs intraworkout gives me piece of mind that I'm keeping my muscles out of a catabolic state. As intras have evolved as well, there are a lot of bcaas products now that provide extras for energy, endurance, pump. etc. as well as vegan forms of aminos. There's definitely a range of bcaa products nowadays so lets see where Trumino 6000 is.

Attached the supplement facts, and ...

Attached the supplement facts, and there are some good extras and bad extras. Let's start with the good. Above average dose of aminos with 6 grams in the preferred 2:1:1 ratio. A little more than the standard 5 g serving. Another bonus is 3 g of glutamine. I'm a huge fan of glutamine so I view this as a bonus, even though it's not a designer glutamine to help with the bad absorption rate and a 3 g serving is less than most glutamine supplements that offer 5g. Still, I like it as glutamine is great for recovery and your immune system. They also throw in 1 g of taurine which is a nice amount that can help with endurance, hydration, etc. Now with the bad. Artificial colors and flavorings in a decent amount. More and more products are getting rid of these, especially the dyes, and I wish this product would go this route too. Here's one that counts as both good and bad, this has real pineapple fruit powder in it. Why good and bad? Well it does add some calories and carbs to this, where most amino products are usually at zero. Are 50 calories and 4 g of carbs of a big deal? Not at all for 99% for us, but I am doing the carb nite protocol and am trying to stay under 20 g whenever possible. When I took this I definitely had to change what I was doing a LITTLE bit, but not a big del even for me. The good? The pineapple fruit powder helped make this DELICIOUS. Overall, a solid BCAA product profile.

Let me get this out of the way from the very beginning, this is the best tasting supplement I have ever had. The passion fruit flavor was absolutely outstanding and made this incredibly easy to drink. It's been well over the 100s in Phoenix for awhile now, and drinking this on ice during my workouts helped me a lot and I really looked forward to it every day. Most flavorings of intras now are pretty solid so it's not a make or break type deal anymore, but this is now the best tasting supplement I've ever had. Highly recommended. Mixability was good, no excess foaming as you get with some amino products, and dosing is whenever ut most commonly used and I did 100% of the time intraworkout and sipped (ok someimes guzzled because of the taste) during my workout.

So it's hard to compare this to some of the premium products as it doesn't have a lot of the extras. No electrolytyes, pump ingredients, etc. This is BCAAs and Glutamine pretty much so the focus should be in terms of endurance and recovery. When I took in comparison to some of the all star products like Intrablast, Reload, etc. it did quite well in those areas. This kept my DOMS at bay to a couple days, and as I am switching routine from a 5 x 5 to a more hypertrophy, high rep program it did provide me with some quality endurance. Kept going in number of sets and reps and still had the energy to get the 20-30 min of cardio in at the end. Would I like to see those extras? To make it a premium product, I would like to see some agmatine for pump, beta alanine for endurance, or electrolytes for hydration. I can't say that my workouts suffered at all because of the lack of these, but the pump end hydration aspects of the premium products I have really grown to enjoy. That being said, this product did what it aimed to do and provide BCAAs and Glutamine that helped my endurance and recovery from DOMS that did help my workouts. It was very effective for what it is trying to be.

This is $25 for 30 servings. I do think this is a good value as it does provide some extras in terms of Glutamine and little more than standard BCAA dosage. The "best" intra products run for $30-$35, good quality basic bcaas run about $20, so this being in the middle is exactly where I think it should be.

Side Effects

Conclusion

This is an above average BCAA product with an AMAZING flavor. Definitely could use some tweaks here and there, but I do think it's fairly priced and I would buy it again based on flavor alone.
  • Shortened Recovery Time
  • Reduction Of DOMS
  • Added Glutamine
  • Dyes
  • No Extras

Thanks to Vaxxen Labs for sending it out!

Hey SR, here today to review Vaxxen Labs' protein supplement WheyXX. Protein is a staple for most of us as it's the easiest way to add protein to your diet to hit your macros for the day without the added calories, carbs, fat, etc contained in whole foods. This is especially important for me right now as I have been cutting for quite awhile and to avoid being in a catabolic state and keep most of my muscle I need to make sure my protein and amino intake is on point. There are tons of proteins out there, so let's see how this stacked up.

...

I attached the supplement facts for you to view, and overall I think there are some pluses and minuses. First, this is a whey blend. I'm on record of being in a favor of blends, however I do prefer they whey/casein blend the best for extended protein coverage. A lot of people prefer isolate because of it being a very rapid uptake, where as concentrate is a little lower in quality. Isolate is the fastest as mentioned, but also more expensive than it's peers. This is an isolate/concentrate blend, but you're not exactly sure how much of each. In comparison, Nutrabio has set the standard with their labels and breakdown. Huge issue? I don't think so as I don't see evidence of amino spiking and 24 g of protein is a solid amount and should hold you in this blend for a good 2-3 hours of delivery. The macros are not the cleanest but 125 cals, 2 g net carbs, 1.5 g of fat should be very easy for anyone to fit into their diets and macros. I am following the carb nite protocol, a pretty strict diet in terms of carbs and protein and it was easy to fit in under the 20-30 g of carb allowance. Artificial sweeteners and additives, but unless you're specifically looking for something all natural it's in every protein and the 24g/31g protein to scoop size is acceptable. Overall, a decent profile that makes it easy to hit your protein macros.

I received the blueberry muffin flavor and it was great. A flvor you don't see that much and a great change of pace, made my oatmeal more enjoyable when I could have it in the program so it's great for adding to baking and cooking. The smell though was even better. I am a teacher (or I guess was, becoming a Dean next year), and my students are always used to me taking out something from my gym bag and shaking it up. When I used this however, usually during my first period class as my breakfast, several students would always ooohh and ahhh at the smell. They would say it smells like pancakes, maple syrup, etc. so that was pretty funny. The texture of this is very fine, a lot more fine that I expected coming from a blend. It mixed perfectly with very little shaking and mixed in my oatmeal no problem. Dosing was whenever you need protein, used this mostly as breakfast and/or post workout depending on the day. Overall, a great change of pace in terms of flavor and no complaints otherwise.

As mentioned above, this was very effective in helping me meet my macros everyday. Would I like a cleaner profile or different blend? Yeah, but this is fine and suitable for 95% of us regular lifters. It mixed well with any food I made and it was a refreshing shake that I could use as a semi meal replacement and because it was whey I felt good about it postworkout to enhance recovery. My strength did not increase much during my run of this, but I did not expect it to either as I am cutting. My recovery was great while using this, but I kept my macros and protein high everyday with this, aminos, and whole foods. This does exactly what it should do, deliver good protein to you in a clean way for you to fit into your diet and hit our macros. Even on a very strict diet like mine, the profile was good enough to do this so I don't expect it to be a problem for anyone. This was all done without any stomach issues, gas, bloating, etc. so I can say this is a solid option for protein with a pretty unique flavoring system great for a change of pace.

This is not widely distributed, as I can only find it on Amazon and Vaxxen's own website. They both run for $37 for 28 servings which is very expensive. You can get other high quality proteins for much cheaper, MyProtein, PES Select, and sometimes even Nutrabio included. I'd buy again, but at this price it would be purely for it's unique flavoring and benefits of adding it to other foods to enrich those, otherwise there are cheaper options out there.

Side Effects

Conclusion

Tired of the same old flavors and need something new? This is a solid whey blend protein with some unique flavors that you can fit in your macros. If this comes down in price I would definitely recommend it becoming a staple.
  • Unique Flavors
  • Can Be Mixed With A Spoon
  • Good Profile
  • No Digestive Issues

I am 37 years old, and I turn to fish oil to aid in brain functions, to try and keep my blood pressure in check, and mainly for its Joint support. Ultra Pure Omega 3 is currently ranked number 1 on this site, so I thought I would give it a shot and see what all the hooplah was about. I truly love Fish Oil as it is sometimes touted as the Miracle Pill because there are so many benefits for it, some documented, and some questionable. You can get your Omega-3 fats from actual food (salmon, mackerel, herring, tuna, flaxseeds, and walnuts), but having Fish Oil to supplement your daily intake is always a good idea, at least for me. Lets see how this king of the hill measures up.

Fairly simple profile, EPA, DHA, and Other Omega-3 Fatty Acids. Each serving (3 pills) nets you 1,224mg of EPA, 816mg DHA, and 210mg of Other Omega-3 Fatty Acids. So that nets us 2,250mg of Omega-3 Fatty acids per day. EPA helps lessen inflammation in the body, while DHA is essential for brain health and function. I do not like the fact that Intelligent Labs listed the Other Omega-3 Fatty acids instead of just listing out what it is, but that is fairly common in Fish Oil. Lets continue to focus on the EPA and DHA, since those are the important Omega-3 Fats here. WebMD lists out various Fish Oil Dosing recommendations by issue, so lets see a few of them to make sure Intel Labs measure up to what we need:

High Triglycerides: 1 - 15 grams of Fish Oil daily for up to six months, so yes we are good to go here.
Heart Disease: 600mg - 10 grams of DHA and/or EPA, check!
High Blood Pressure: 3 to 15 grams of Fish Oil Daily, pretty high, and I even question this since most warnings advise you not to exceed 3 grams of Fish Oil a day. However, technically this pill does not provide enough, but we will elaborate a bit more on this in effectiveness.

There are about 20 other different examples, but I thought i would stick with the three main reasons to take Fish Oil. You will note that improving brain function is not listed as one of them, however, we will cover that down below as well, so hold your horses!!! Some studies claim that a ration of 3:2 ratio of EPA:DHA is most effective, if that is true then Intel labs nails it. Also their website shows proof of their third party lab test showing 480.03mg EPA, and 326.66mg DHA per pill which comes out to 1,440.09mg EPA and 979.98mg of DHA. If this lab test is legit, then this product nets you a higher dosage than the claim on the bottle, which is nice these days. All in all a simple and effective ingredient profile, on par with its competitors.

No Mixing or tasting here as they are pills. Dosing is easy as pie, 3 pills daily preferably with a meal or before bedtime. Simple, just the way I like to take my important daily pills.

So, we all know its no easy task to judge effectiveness of Fish Oil. However, I suffer from high blood pressure, and while taking this for about 3 weeks I had to go into a clinic. My blood pressure dropped a moderate amount, nothing earth shattering as it did not put me in normal levels, but it definitely helps out. For me, I take Fish Oil to aid in memory and brain function. If you read my review on Omega-Jym you will see that I had explained I suffered from 6 Traumatic Brain Injuries (TBI) in the last 18 years, so I take Fish Oil seriously in order to help me out. I find when I do not take fish oil for an extended period I start to forget simple words and my short term memory suffers. As it is, my short term memory still is not great, but I can feel it being more under control when I consistently take Fish Oil, and that was no different while taking this one.

My only complain on this product is it did nothing to aid in my Joint pain. Granted I take additional Joint Supplements (currently Animal Flex) for joint pain, but I noticed on my 30 day run of Omega-Jym I had no Joint Pain. So now that set a new standard in my head for Fish Oil, making it more of that miracle pill for me. However, Intel Labs Omega 3 did not alleviate any joint pain for me, I even tried it a few weeks before I got the Animal Flex with no results. That is the only negative I can say about this, which is not a big deal to most people, but worth mentioning.

I bought this from Amazon for $29.99 for a 40 day supply (120 pills). This puts us at about 75 cents per day, which for such a high quality product is not bad at all. Its main rival Omega Jym is around 20 dollars for a 30 day supply and that comes out to 67 cents a day. So in my opinion the value here is good, not great, as I like to rate my value in quality and price combined versus just what deals can be found. Yes you can buy cheaper Fish Oils out there, for example you can get a 30 day supply of NutraBio Omega-3 Fish Oil for 6 bucks, but it nets you 388mg of EPA and 240mg DHA daily, so not even close when it comes to daily dosage. For Fish Oil I think its most important to go for that extra quality, cheap Fish Oils can really upset your stomach and give you nasty fish burps, F that!!

Side Effects

Fishy Burps if taken after I ate my meal, take it prior and your good to go. This can be said about ANY fish oil I have ever taken, so its more the supplement itself not the product, but I recommend pills then eat your food and your safe. Nobody wants fish burps all day.

Conclusion

At the end of it all, Ultra Pure Omega 3 is a pretty dang Pure fish oil product with an independent lab test to back it up. Yes this is slightly more expensive than its competitors, but I think its worth the extra few cents a day. I would recommend this product to anyone looking for some quality Fish Oil in their stack. In my eyes the best Fish Oil I have ever taken is Omega-Jym, but this definitely goes on the list as my #2 of all time, and as with any other supplements your experience may vary. The trick for Fish Oil is getting a good daily dose of 2-3mg of Omega-3 Fatty Acids per day, and Ultra Pure Omega 3 gets you just that in only 3 pills. Take a look at those cheap fish oils and you will see how little you actually get, then realize you are paying that extra money for reassurance on quality, no crazy ingredients, and what you need to succeed.
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Great EPADHA Ratio
  • No Fishy Taste
  • Third Party Testing
  • Worth The Extra Price
  • High Quality Fish Oil
  • A LITTLE More Expensive Than Competition
  • Did Not Aid In Joint Pain

Thewhey (MyProtein)
JayT
TROOPer Level: 56

Thanks to MyProtein for sending it out!

As the title states, this is a new whey protein blend from one of my favorite protein companies. MyProtein has shown me that their quality and value are some of the top in the market and that is backed by their LabDoor testing.

This whey protein blend consisting of isolate, concentrate, and hydrolysate contains a clean profile with 120 calories, 1.5 g of fat, 2 g of carbs, and 25 g of protein. They also added digestive enzymes in the forms of Aminogen and Digezyme. Adding these enzymes to the already well absorbed isolate and hydrolysate should allow this protein to be completely absorbed by the body. I was not really a fan when I saw they included artificial flavors and both Sucralose and Ace K, but it is what it is I guess.

Taste 7/10: I requested and received the vanilla ice cream flavor and thought it was okay. I originally wanted the vanilla to mix in with my oatmeal in the mornings, but I thought it made the oatmeal taste awful; so I only did that once. After that, I just mixed it in water after my workouts and thought it was a little above average for being mostly isolate. It was a pretty light flavor. I would probably opt for the chocolate fudge flavor in the future.

Mixability 10/10: This mixed flawlessly. One scoop in water and it immediately started dissolving without even shaking it. Once shaking, it took maybe five quick shakes and it was fully dissolved. No floating chunks or sticking to the sides.

Dosing 10/10: This is a protein, so it can basically be used as you see fittingly.

Aside from the one oatmeal test, I mixed this every other time in water immediately after training. I noticed that it was very easy to drink and light on the stomach. Never gave me any digestion issues. It did not really fill me up, but isolates are not really meant to do so. From a macro standpoint, this is on the higher side as far as protein goes and it still contains low amounts of fat and carbs. My recovery did not decrease in any way while using this, so this was as effective as any other protein as far as recovery is concerned.

I think this protein is priced fairly for the amount of protein and types of protein it contains. On the MyProtein website, this is priced a little bit more than a dollar per serving for the 30 serving tub. However, for the 60 serving tub, this is priced a little less than a dollar per serving. You can find this for $55 for the 60 serving tub on their website. MyProtein also frequently has deep discounts which is what I would recommend looking for if you want to purchase it.

Side Effects

No sides.

Conclusion

I was really happy with this protein. Between the mixing, digestion, and quality I think MyProtein created a strong blended protein. I would definitely recommend looking into this protein, but try out the chocolate fudge flavor. I also hope that MyProtein creates a Stevia flavored The Whey, as I would really prefer that option. Thanks for sending this out!
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Taste Good
  • Great Mixability
    • Vanillia Ice Cream: 7/10

Thanks to MaxQ Nutrition for sending it out!

I'm a big fan of BCAA supplementation and was intrigued when MAXED OUT became available to the Troopers. I'd never heard of the company, MaxQ Nutrition, but the profile of the product looked amazing so I decided to give it a try. Thanks to MaxQ for the opportunity.

All I really care about in my intra-workouts is the dosage of BCAAs. Maxed Out goes hard in the paint with 10g!!! of essential BCAAs. Aside from this awesome start, also included are effective dosages of glutamine, l-taurine, a host of other amino acids, BioPerine for absorption, AND an electrolyte complex. This is honestly one of those most robust ingredient profiles I've seen in a BCAA supplement in a while, and I have to compliment MaxQ for laying everything out in a fully disclosed profile.

I only used Maxed Out on workout days and would throw one scoop in 32oz. of water and sip throughout my workout. I alternated this a few times with Regen, which I was also running, just to get a feel for the difference between this product and a simpler BCAA supplement.

I requested and received the Blue Raspberry flavor. I found the taste to be very flat and bland compared to other blue raspberry supplements I've tried. It's nice that it's not overly sweet and contains no dyes, and it is a flavor that's easy to sip through a long workout, but I could have done with a little more flavor punch. Mixability is about what you would expect with 10 grams of BCAAs. There's a good amount of foaming and residue and it takes a few minutes for everything to fully dissolve.

As a straight recovery BCAA product, Maxed Out is a good option. I personally can't tell the difference in recovery effect between most BCAA products. And I honestly can't say I experienced a boost in recovery from Maxed Out's 10gs of BCAAs vs. Regen's 5gs. Of course, I noticed a difference in my recovery time and DOMS in general (vs. not taking a BCAA supplement), and was satisfied with this overall.

Now, as an intra-workout booster, Maxed Out is excellent and really shines. I do think the extra dosing of BCAAs makes a difference here, as do all the other ingredients and the electrolyte complex. I definitely felt as though getting through my workouts was easier the days I was took Maxed Out compared to those when I had Regen or Recovery in my water bottle.

Most solid BCAA supplements will cost you around .80c per serving. Some of the flashier products with broader ingredient profiles will run you closer to $1.00 per scoop. A simple BCAA product, like Regen for example, costs .60c per scoop.

Here's the biggest issue I have with Maxed Out you can't find it anywhere. It's available through MaxQ's own website (and we all know the brand's actual website is never a good deal) and some shady looking site called i-supplements.com at the price of $53.39 for 30 scoops. That's roughly $1.75 per scoop; a harsh hit to the wallet. As much as I loved this stuff, paying almost double the price (compared to competitor products) is not something I can support. I'd be OK paying around $1.00-$1.25 per scoop considering the outstanding profile and its effectiveness but almost $60 for 30 scoops of a BCAA supplement? No way.

Side Effects

Conclusion

This is one of the best BCAA intra-workouts I've tried in a long time and I'd absolutely recommend it to everyone if not for its current price point and lack of availability. MaxQ has a winner here - they just need to make it competitively priced and easier to find. I'm still going with a YES for recommended in this review given that value is subjective and people for whom price is no issue will definitely want to check this out.
     Pros:
     Cons:
    • Increased Recovery
    • Improved Endurance
    • Effectively Dosed Ingredients
    • Fully Disclosed Profile
    • Very Expensive
    • Blue Raspberry: 6/10

wjmathewsx
    TROOPer Level: 49

Thanks to RSP for sending it out!
    Big shout out to RSP and Sr.com for the opportunity to give Regen BCAA's a try. Thanks so much. I am a pretty big proponent of keeping BCAA's in your stack. I have had BCAA's in my stack for the last 4-5 years and using a product like this sure helps me think I should keep'em in my stack for the future as well. I love how they keep you hydrated and help you recover from the grueling workouts you put yourself through. After all, recovery is where the muscles grow.

The ingredient profile is your basic BCAA profile. It adds Magnesium, Sodium, and Potassium to the BCAA's Leucine, Isoleucine, and valine. Citruline Maleate was a nice surprise. I wasn't expecting 1g of Cit Mal in my BCAA's but I won't be upset if that became the norm. LOL. Raw Coconut Water Concentrate to help you with hydration is something I want in all my BCAA drinks as well.

Taste- Watermelon was the flavor I received. I love watermelon flavored supplement drinks. This goes for preworkouts, protein shakes, and BCAA drinks. For some reason, I just like how it tastes. In this particular drink it was perfect for sipping throughout the workout. The flavor was light, so it was enjoyable.

Mixability- I only ever mixed it with water. It mixed just fine. Didn't have any clumping. There wasn't any frothiness and there wasn't any grittiness at the bottom. Just as good as all the other BCAA drinks I've had.

Dosing- One scoop on workout days for me. On other days I would find myself using a scoop or two for a mid afternoon drink. I play basketball on Suday evenings so I even drank it during that time as well. Just to keep me as hydrated as possible. When you have 50 servings of this stuff for as cheap as it is then you can use it anyway you see fit.

BCAA drinks are designed to help you get through tough workouts and to help you from feeling fatigued while working out. This particular drink is no different. It helped me get through workouts where otherwise I would've felt tired deep into the workout. Playing basketball is where I felt the most difference. On weeks where I would forget the drink and have to just drink water I was a little more sore than on weeks I was able to take a couple of scoops of this stuff and mix it in my water. I remember thinking about this one Monday morning when I woke up and didn't really ache all over like I had in previous weeks. That sold me. Since then I have used BCAA's as my basketball drink.

I found 30 servings on Amazon for $10. BB.com also has 2 30 serving tubs for $28. Either way you go it is cheaper than a lot of BCAA drinks I have tried in the past.

Side Effects

NONE

Conclusion

Once again, thank you to SR.com and RSP for this wonderful opportunity. I always look forward to trying products I wouldn't otherwise. I really think I will continue to use REGEN for a while. I like everything about it. Most of all, I like the price. If I can continue to get BCAA's for this price I don't see any reason to pay more.
     Pros:
     Cons:
    • Improves Recovery
    • Small Pump
    • Excellent Value
      • Watermelon: 10/10

Hello, I'm a 39 gym rat that is trying to get more lean mass while shedding extra pounds. I figured I spend a little more money on protein isolate so that I can get my protein quicker to my body after working out. I noticed this protein powder while passing Vitamin World and noticed a big sign 2 for the price of 1 ... could not resist.

Very simple whey protein isolate profile. For 36 grams of scoop you get 30 grams of protein. With those proteins you also get 140 Calories, 1.5 gram of Fat, 2 grams of Carbohydrate and 20mg of cholesterol. ...

With the 36g you also get a buku load of aminos:

1L-Threonine 2,021 mg
      1L-Tryptophan*** 486 mg
      L-Tyrosine 846 mg
      1L-Valine 1,699 mg
      ***L-Tryptophan is naturally occurring, not added.

Honestly I'm not sure what that last line mean ... Does this mean they added other aminos?

I bought the Vanilla flavor and I wasn't impressed. I have tried another product and the vanilla taste was much better than this in my opinion. I can't tell what was missing but it just wasn't perfect or rather I should say I had better.

This protein like every other protein isolate mixes well and quick. I don't like to add a lot of milk so usually it's hard to mix the standard protein for me. This does not apply with Isolate and this product, it quickly dissolves and it's ready to drink after just few shakes.

I usually took a one scoop right after my workout. To help replenish my body and help with the DOMS.

It's hard to say how much this product helps with gains and muscles. As for as DOMS are concerned I didn't notice anything out of ordinary. It does as good as the others since nothing significant happened to me after taking this.

So, this is the most important part for me personally. I paid for this 50$ for the two tubs at that bargain I can say that this is very competitive with the other protein isolates. For now let's do the math ... we get 25 servings of 30 grams of protein which comes out to 750 grams of protein per tube. At the price of 25 bucks this comes out to .03333 per gram of protein. In my previous review one of the competitors costed exactly the same. Although the competitor was not on sale and it was it's regular price. If we consider the regular price this protein shake at the price of 40$ comes out to .05333 per gram, ouch!.

Side Effects

I did not experience any side effects from taking this product. No increased bloating or what I experience often, flatulence.

Conclusion

I bought I tried and I'm moving on. Let's say I had the ability to buy this item on sale all the time. I would still pass because of the taste. To me there are three things important about whey protein. 1) It's not spiked 2) Price and lastly 3) taste ... I'm not sure about the first rule regarding this product since it's really hard to say, but I'm sure that second and third rule is sub par compering to others.
       Pros:
       Cons:
      • Great Mix-ability
      • Vanilla : 8/10

(About yourself, 1-3 sentences maximum)

(About yourself, 1-3 sentences maximum)
      I have recently been transitioning back to maintenance and figured I would use Peak Physicor to help me keep off the extra fat once I started to bulk. I have used many MTS nutrition products in the past and have absolutely loved them all. While taking this product, I was also using MachineCarb10 pre workout. Mark Lobliner has never steered me wrong so based on the reviews and studies I have seen, I thought I would give it a shot and ordered 2 bottles. I don't regret trying Peak Physicor, but I do wish it worked better for me. But everyone is different.

1st ingredient:
      Fenugreek(trigonella foenum-Graecum) containing 70% Oligosaccharides (Physicor)
      -according to studies, Physicor was said to increase lean body mass over the course of 8 weeks in comparison to a placebo. This is a significant difference in a relatively short period of time. At the same time, it decrease body fat percentage by a little more than 2%. This is pretty big when considering the first point, that it increase lean mass simultaneously.

The study also revealed an increase in Bench press of 21lbs or about 9% over the course of 8 weeks compared to the placebo which increased by 10lbs or a little over 4%. In leg press, the Physicor group increased by 186lbs or 25.3% while the placebo group increased by 106lbs or 15.3%. These numbers are very encouraging for Physicor.

2nd ingredient:
      Cordyceps militaris (Cordyceps), Ganoderma lucid up (reishi) Pleurotus erynggii(king trumpet) Lentinula edodes (shiitake) Hericium Erin ace us (lions mane) Trametes versicoloured (turkey tail) -as Peak o2
      -according to the university of South Carolina, Peako2 revealed an 11x increase in Vo2 max when taken at 4 grams per day. The results show that based on different dosing, from either 1-3 grams per day, subject show improvements in both
      Power and endurance. The catch is that I works like creatine, in that it needs to be saturated into your muscles. It seems as those dose quantity is not as important per day as getting a total of 28g and then maintain and 1g per day.

Taste: No taste as they are capsules. Standard size, not difficult to swallow.

Mixability: N/A

Dosing: Based on studies, the important thing is to get at least 28g total of Peako2 into your system with Fenugreek extract standardized at 70%. MTS includes both of these doses in the bottle of Peak Physicor. That being said, each 2 cap serving only contains 1g of Peak o2. This is not necessarily a bad thing as you will get to the total of 28g (30g actually) when using the whole bottle. What I feel is kind of a let down however, is that you need to purchase at least 2 bottles in order to finally get the benefits associated with Peak o2. It will be during your second bottle that you should notice some mentioned effects.

That being said. There are 60 caps total, with 2 caps being a serving, lasting for 30 days.

Directions say to take with your preworkout shake, which I did on training days, and with your first meal on non training days, which I also did.

This is the section that I am a little torn over. Like other products in the category, I am never really sure what to expect. I was hoping on some difference in power on the bench as well as lean mass. When first starting this product, I was finishing a transition from reverse dieting to maintenance. Throughout the two months of using it, I went from maintenance to about 200-300 calories above, for a slight surplus.

I was hoping to notice a difference in lean mass and a reduction in body fat, even if just in the slightest. What I found however, was the opposite. I noticed after the first month that I was kind of looking loose in the lower back area. This continued throughout the second month. Based on all my calculations, my TDEE is set at 2300 calories on average from different formulas. I never went over 2400 (and yes, I was meticulous with tracking). So in terms of body composition, I wouldn't say it provided negatives effects for me, but I definitely did not notice any positives in this area.

In terms of power and endurance in the gym, my numbers kept going up week to week in a normal 5-10lbs increments. At had some weeks where there were stalls, but for the most part, the numbers kept climbing slowly. Peak Physicor may have helped here, but I think I attribute the numbers more to a steady increase in calories, as that would be expected.

One thing I did notice however is that around the month and a half mark, I started noticing a decrease in hunger. Where I was usually hungry throughout the day, I found myself full, almost bloated. Before, I would always be grasing, looking for things to add into my meal plan. But at this point, I couldn't even think about food. There were time when I was actually dreading my next meal. I'm not sure if this is common at all for this product, but it's the first I hear of it.

Side note: I recently posted a review about Genius Diet Pills which also mentioned appetite suppressants. It's important to note that these products were not use in conjunction with each other. Diet Pills were used after my run with Peak Physicor. Also, the effects were very different. Where Diet Pills helped with appetite control, Peak Physicor destroyed my love of food while I was taking it.

Based on the above, it is hard to give a value to a product that didn't work for me. I know it worked for many others, but I seemed to not respond to it. So I will say this:
      Based on the science backed ingredients that Marc Lobliner has added in the product, and with all of the promising results
      It has shown, I'd say that $39.99 is still a little overpriced. I would like to see 1 of two things happen in order to make this a better value.
      1- increase the total servings per container to 60 so we get the full benefit, while purchasing one bottle.
      2- increase the amount of Peak o2 in each capsule/serving for the same reason as above

In that case, I would say that it is worth a shot for anyone looking to take advantage of Peak Physicor's promises.

Side Effects

-The only side effect I experienced was the crazy stomach fullness/bloat that started around the 1.5 month mark.

Conclusion

I believe in Mark Lobliner and efficacy of the products he formulates. I have never been let down before. I find that he knows what he is talking about and he uses quality, science backed, proven ingredients. But for some reason (probably my fault somehow), Peak Physicor just did not live up to its promises for me. I don't think I would discourage anyone else for trying it. In fact, I'd like to hear how others respond to it, and what they may have done differently than me.
       Pros:
       Cons:
      • Positive Studies
      • Said To Promote Lean Mass
      • Not Effective For Me
      • Would Like More Servings Per Bottle

Chuntz
      TROOPer Level: 34

Thanks to RSP for sending it out!

First off, major shoutout to RSP for supplying us Troops with ReGen BCAAs. BCAAs are a staple in any stack for aiding in the recovery process and keeping us hydrated throughout the day. I'll start out by saying this, I enjoyed this product MUCH more than I did RSP's Amino Lean product, even though they are different, they held some similarities. For this product I went with the "surprise me" for a flavor and was supplied with watermelon. Here we go!

Thankfully RSP keeps it simple with the 2:1:1 typical BCAA ratio. This consists of 2g Leucine, 1g Isoleucine, and 1g of Valine. Based off of studies, this is the most effect BCAA ratio and you will see it is what most companies use. ReGen also has 1g of citrulline malate, a little added bonus. I can't say I felt the effects of it, but it's in there! For the most part, you get a solid BCAA product here, no flashy lights or bells and whistles, the way it should be.

Taste: As mentioned above, I received watermelon as my flavor. Overall I enjoyed it, compared to past watermelon flavors I have taken in the past. Not too sweet, but it doesn't taste like you're just drinking slightly flavored water. It was light, very enjoyable.

Mixability: Dissolved pretty much right away in water after shaking. No foaming and no settlement. Some BCAAs really foam up, but not ReGen!

Dosing: I dosed this as an intra on workout days, so 4-5 times a week. I also dumped 1 scoop into my 3L jug that I carry around with me all day long. At 50 servings per container, this lasted me a long time and I am very grateful for that.

So using this as an intra, I felt it kept me from feeling fatigued while lifting, as opposed to just drinking water during my workout. Carrying it around in my jug all day also came with added recovery benefits, for I sipped on it all day long. Due to the ingredients, good diet, and rest, combined with ReGen, I felt well hydrated and recovered, ready to crush my next workout.

This was a 50 serving tub, which can be picked up at Walmart actually for $23.99 coming in at $0.48 per serving, a steal. Walmart also offers free shipping, so you'll safe there as well.

Side Effects

No side effects to note.

Conclusion

At $0.48 per serving for a 50 serving tub, I have to pick this up again. No questions asked. Affordable, correct ratio of BCAAs, and a staple in recovery. After reading some other reviews I see some people did not enjoy their flavor, so I may just stick with watermelon. Thanks again RSP!
       Pros:
       Cons:
      • Improves Recovery
      • Hydration
      • Excellent Value
      • Effective BCAA Dosage
        • Watermelon: 8/10

shae2311
        TROOPer Level: 45

Thanks to RSP for sending it out!

1st off thanks to RSP for sending this out and becoming rather active as of late in the TROOPER program. I've seen some good deals from Them thrown up on bb.com do i decided to snag a tub and see how they stood up against others.

6g of BCAAs at a 2:1:1 ratio, with an added gram of CitMalate. Also something more and more intras are including is a bit of raw coconut water concentrate for its great hydration benefits. Also it has bioperine for help with absorption of included ingredients.

I received watermelon,...

I received watermelon, and I was not excited about it.. i feel like watermelon has become even more widely used in the supplement industry than even fruit punch and it's so hard to find a good one. For this product I felt like it was a little better than average, had a nice not too sweet taste to it that was easily sipped on.
        Mixing had a little foam but mixed up without any clumps or floaters. I always drank this about 15-20 mins into my workout.

During my workout I liked the added citrulline malate because it seemed to help my pump stay strong throughout the workout. The added coconut water also really helped with muscle hydration and reducing cramps. As far as recovery goes though I didn't really notice a huge improvement in recovery time, but there was a slight cut down on soreness during the days.

The value on this is pretty hard to beat, and with it going on sale pretty frequently it gets even better. Right now Amazon has it from $11 to $14 depending on the flavor I grabbed a few of the different flavors and will add my thoughts on to this at a later date.

Side Effects

Conclusion

If you are wanting a product with tons of ingredients that's going to blow you out of the water look elsewhere. But if you want a solid recovery product for near rock bottom prices that is pleasant to sip on then it's hard to find one better than this.
         Pros:
         Cons:
        • Improves Recovery
        • Small Pump