Recent Reviews

Overall
Overall
3.5
3.0

Pros:
 Cons:
  • No Prop-Blend
  • Good Ingredient Profile
  • Mixability Is Awful
  • Leaves You Unsatisfied

I remember when I was 21, I was working at Walgreen's as a shift manager. When I had transferred stores for a promotion, one of my employees that I took under my wing was working towards his first competition as a physique competitor. At the time I was carrying around a gallon of water with me everywhere (yeah I was that guy), and I would add Mio Water Flavoring just to try and make drinking it a little more enjoyable. I wasn't too informed on BCAA's or what their benefits were but Paul gave me a tub of Iso-Amino by Man Sport's as a little gift, and told me to throw a few scoops of it in the water everyday. Iso-Amino, more specifically the "Sour Batch" flavor kicked off my love for BCAA's and it's a product that I still use five years later because of the affordability & taste. You can imagine my surprise when I walked into my local Vitamin Shoppe a month later to find their Clean Protein on clearance, which lead to me stocking up on what they had left.

Now I know why it's on clearance..

Clean Protein by Man Sport's is a protein blend consisting of four different forms of protein, ranging from your faster absorbing isolates to your slower absorbing casein. It's not the blend though where the real problem with this product lies, it's the mixability & flavoring that kill it. After shaking the hell out of it in my shaker bottle, it still managed to send chunks into my mouth with every sip and on top of that, I had to choke this down each time to prevent myself from pouring the whole thing down the drain. It almost felt like a chore to drink my two daily protein shakes & over the last month of using Clean Protein, I haven't enjoyed a single second of using it. Is it worth choking it down for the decent protein blend though? Let's break it down.

As I mentioned before, Clean Protein features an open blend of four types of protein. Starting the non-prop blend off with 8g of Whey Protein Isolate, which is the most refined and arguably one of the easiest absorbed forms on the market. Whey Isolate features a minimum of 90% protein, and one of the best choices for people who usually deal with stomach issues after consuming whey protein or have an issue with any sort of lactose. Following that is 9g of Whey Protein Concentrate, which is a lower grade protein compared to others on the market for it's pure protein amounts. Man Sport's though breaks it down far enough for us to see they used WPC 80, meaning 80% of that concentrate is protein. A solid move on their part considering most blends won't tell you the percentage of protein their concentrate is, leaving it to be possibly down to 35%.

Next up we have Micellar Casein at 6g, and we all know the slow absorption abilities of Casein. The addition of Casein makes for a more filling product, adding some real volume to your shake & making it a great go to protein shake anytime of the day. Rounding off our blend is Milk Protein Isolate at 6g. Wait, isn't there already Whey Isolate in this? Yes there is, and the Milk Protein is going to assist with the overall texture of the protein but also provides us with a balanced release of amino acids thanks to the whey & casein content of Milk Protein.

Why choose a protein blend over your standard whey? Well, that comes down to personal preference. There are many people who can't handle certain forms of protein, which is why protein blends usually appeal to a small group of people who can digest all the forms properly with no stomach issues. Taking a protein blend is checking off all the boxes, giving you everything from rapid absorbing protein to extremely slow absorbing, and in my history of using blends, I find them a little more satisfying then a standard whey protein. I applaud Man Sport's for the open label & well put together blend, but it's nothing new. Other brands might not have the transparency as Clean Protein, but have a much better taste and texture. Can it really taste all that bad though?

Of the three flavors on the clearance table at VS, I ended up going with Vanilla Ice Cream. Typically, Vanilla is the easiest to enjoy and also the simplest to make a full protein smoothie with. Toss some fruit in there, with a little peanut butter and some ice, the Vanilla flavor always allows for the best taste with the most variety. For my first time though, I tossed a serving in my shaker cup with 10oz of 2% milk, and honestly began to think my milk was expired. Along with a giant chunk of powder, the first sip almost stunned me with just how much this doesn't taste like Vanilla Ice Cream. I get it, make the packaging look as appealing as possible and trick people into thinking this is as good as Breyer's Ice Cream, but this doesn't come anywhere near it. Not within miles. I checked the dates of my milk and the Clean Protein, both well within selling code. I continued to close the lid and shake it in between sips but it became a chore, almost gagging as I chugged the 5oz I had left. With all the shaking I did, there were still chunks of protein stuck to the bottom of my shaker cup. This wasn't one time either, this continued through both bags of Clean Protein. Even when I added fruit chunks and peanut butter with the product in a blender, it still left me with this awful vanilla after taste and believe it or not, still chunks with every sip.

I'm not being harsh here to be harsh, and I'm certainly not going to buy more of this product to hope eventually I'll come across a bag that's better than the two I used. It's the flavor and mixability to kill this product for me, and to this day, the Vanilla Ice Cream Clean Protein is one of the worst tasting protein products I've ever used. I shouldn't have to chase my protein shake with something else just to fight off an aftertaste. Also, why doesn't this stuff mix? I've heard brands literally ask customers to mix their product in a shaker cup without the blending ball just to show them how easily their powder breaks down. I understand that when blending different protein sources together there's going to be some small issues with texture, but I've had protein blends that taste incredible but also mix extremely well. So, what happened?

It's difficult for me to really track the effectiveness of a protein considering that could alter from training intensity to your diet, but Clean Protein did the opposite most blends do for me, and left me hungry. The good news is I never had a hard time digesting the shake, but it just left me ready to eat again when taken without food. To elaborate, most of my protein shakes are taken with a meal, with the exception of one I take to work on mornings I have to be in early. With most proteins I've used, I can expect them to fill me up decently and hold me over the few hours I have until I can sit down and eat, but Clean Protein left me hungry. I'd get to work 15 minutes after drinking it, stomach growling and looking for a snack. This isn't a meal replacement, I understand that, but most proteins do a good job of putting enough into my system to kick food cravings. This did not. Over the month I used the product, I was still working on putting on some more mass & I did! I ended the month heavier than the one before, but to say this protein held any responsibility for that, would be a false statement.

At Vitamin Shoppe, Clean Protein is available for $29.99 at regular price. For that, you're getting about 23 servings per bag. Compared to other protein blends such as Combat by MusclePharm, or Beast Protein by Beast Nutrition, it's a tad expensive. You can get 50+ servings with both of those products for about $20 more. Plus, they both taste and mix better in my opinion. It's tough for me to turn down double the product, for less than double the price.

Conclusion

All I ever ask for with my protein is quality & taste, if you can deliver both of those to me I'll be happy. Clean Protein delivers for the most part quality, but if I could buy another product that's not only cheaper, but better tasting and easier to drink, why would I settle? After two bags of Clean Protein, I didn't enjoy a single second of using it. Every single time I was making my shake, I just dreaded what was to come and almost made the decision to toss the bag in the trash and go buy something else. That's pretty bad. Of course, taste is subjective and undoubtedly some people will enjoy this product. The potential is there with a little more focus on making the product mix better, and experimenting more with the flavor profile, this could be a competitive entry in the protein market. With many other brands doing the same thing better though, It's difficult for me to find the heart to recommend this to anybody. Man, do I feel let down. *pun intended*
  • Vanilla Ice Cream: 3/10

Cell Mass 2.0 (BSN)

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Increased Recovery
  • Exscellent Taste
  • Just Plain Works
  • Simple And Effective Ingredients
  • Lots Of Deals
  • Too Expensive For Low Servings
  • Prop Blend
  • Too Much Dye

I had been interested in trying BSN's cell mass 2.0 for quite a while, so I didn't hesitate to buy it when I saw it in the bounty program. I'm a firm believer in post workout supplements (other than the basic protein powder). I find post workouts to be especially beneficial for those who train fasted and go for a period of time before their eating window opens. I also find post workouts to be helpful for those who aren't especially hungry or have enough calories/macros for a big shake.

BSN's Cell Mass 2.0 is touted as a "concentrated post-workout recovery" supplement that helps with endurance, recovery, performance, and strength. It seeks to achieve these goals through a relatively simple, yet proprietary, formula.

Given the right price, Cell Mass 2.0 is a new favorite of mine. I consider it to be comparable in effect to cell tech hyperbuild, post jym, nutrabio post, and ghost size.

As said above, Cell Mass 2.0 has a fairly simple ingredient profile. It also has a somewhat transparent yet, somewhat proprietary, profile. It consists of an 8.3g blend with highlights of: 1.5g glutamine/glutamic acid, 2.5g creatine, 5g amino acids. The profile is expanded a bit below.

Recovery Composite:
Whey Protein Hydrolysate, L-Glutamine, And Glutamine Peptides--what we know here is that 5g of aminos must be included in this blend, 1.5 of which are glutamine/glutamic acid. Glutamine is included to help with muscle recovery and immune health. Whey protein hydrolysate is a very bioavailable protein that is predigested and easier to absorb. It contains EAA's and BCAA's. In my opinion, this blend is on the verge of being underdosed but given that the product is recommended to be taken at 2 scoops per day- I think that it a solid recovery formula if taken as recommended.

Myogenic Matrix:
Creatine Monohydrate, Creatine HCL (Con-Cret) And Creatine Anhydrous--what we know here is that there is 2.5g of creatine total. BSN has hidden the ball as far as how much of each form of creatine is included, so it is hard to know how effectively dosed this is at 1 scoop. Creatine monohydrate is typically dosed at 5g and creatine hcl at 2g. I honestly don't find creatine anhydrous to be very effective in my experiences, so I really hope that isn't a large portion of this blend. In reality, this is probably and underdosed product at 1 scoop as far as creatine goes. That said, if taken as recommended (at 2 scoops/day) I think you get a solid dose of creatine.

Insulino Interfusion:
Taurine And Banaba Extract (Leaf) (18% Corosolic Acid) (GlucoHelp)--given that we know the blend is 8.3g for 1 scoop, and 7.5g are used in the other two blends, that leaves us with .8g for this blend and fillers. Also, given that taurine is an amino acid, it is safe to say that BSN includes it in its 5g of total aminos/scoop so that in reality leaves .8g for banaba extract and fillers. Studies have shown that taurine may improve exercise capacity and mental performance so I like its inclusion. I would hope that 1g of taurine is included in total, but that isn't likely given the serving size and other ingredients already included. Banaba extract may help lower blood sugar in people with type two diabetes, otherwise there is not sufficient information to rate its effectiveness in other areas.

I had the blue raz flavor and really thought it was quite tasty. Now, to be clear, this has a very distinct taste given the inclusion of whey protein. It almost has a creamy taste and texture to it that you don't really expect. I actually enjoyed this tart, yet creamy flavoring.

The mixibility wasn't great. I would often find myself with clumps of the powder. I would highly recommend using a blender ball and shaking thoroughly.

As far as dosing goes, this product can be boom or bust given the dosing. The tub I bought had 50 servings, which sounds great. However, to get the recommended 3g glutamine/glutamic acid, 5g creatine, and 10g amino acids, you need to take 2 servings (2 scoops). I have no problem doing 2 scoops per day if I buy Cell Mass 2.0 for the right price, which luckily I did. I would take one scoop after my morning run (fasted) and then take a second scoop later in the evening after my workout. Note--I also tried taking this at 1 scoop per day, but didn't find that it was as beneficial.

At one scoop per day, this product really didn't do a whole lot for me. However, at 2 scoops per day, I found that my recovery was as good as with any other post workout product I've taken. 2 scoops is truly the sweet spot. I didn't notice any strength or size gains, in fact, I lost weight while using this. However I did find that my muscles were almost never sore. Given that my muscle soreness was reduced, I was able to hit the gym hard day after day. I even eliminated one of my rest days. I found this to be especially remarkable given the fact that I was cutting during this time.

This is probably the biggest issue for me when looking at this product and it's kinda hard to judge. Cell Mass 2.0 is awesome if you can get it for the right price. It's not so awesome if you can't. The prices range from $14 (netnutri.com) to $47 (vitaminshoppe.com). At $14-25 I think this product is a steal even if you take 2 servings per day. If you can get by with 1 serving per day, wow it's really a great deal. However, at $47 I can't justify buying this product, since I (and likely most others) will need 2 scoops per day.

In conclusion. There is great value if you buy from the right place. There is even better value if you only need 1 scoop per day (giving you 50 servings). So be a smart shopper and look around before buying it at the first storefront you pass by.

Side Effects

Lots of dye, so may temporarily give you blue teeth/tongue.

Conclusion

This product is as good or better than most other post workouts on the market. It is simple yet extremely effective at reducing muscle soreness and recovery time. If you are a smart shopper you can get this product for a a really good deal. If you are impatient and don't shop around, you'll end up spending a lot of money for no good reason. I'd suggest finding it for a good price and giving it a try.
  • Blue raz: 9/10

Overall
Thanks to Robinhood Supplements for sending it out!

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Burns Fat
  • Increased Focus
  • Good Appetite Suppressant
  • Nasty Side Effects
  • Horrible Taste
  • You Need A Scale For Accurate Measurement

An all-around supplement that works surprisingly well as a standalone. Thanks to Robinhood Supplements for supporting the TROOP Program!

DMHA products are advertised as energy boosting supplements, and as such, are added to some preworkout supplements. However, I've used it as a standalone in the past, and it did a pretty good job of increasing my focus, giving me decent pumps, and actually burning fat. Robinhood Supplements differs from most other companies in that the DMHA comes in a pure powdered form, as opposed to capsules. So, what exactly is DMHA? DMHA or dimethylhexylamine is a stimulant compound that is widely used as a suitable alternative to other stimulants such as BMPEA (acacia rigidula) citrates and AMP for DMAA. DMHA acts as a bronchodilator, increasing oxygen capacity, and it also has shrinking activity (narrowing the blood vessels, causing an increase in the rate of oxygen flow). In some people who are sensitive to stimulants, DMHA can cause increased heart rate, increased blood pressure, and shortness of breath. The ideal dosage for best results in the gym appears to be 75 mg.

This is pretty straightforward. The only ingredient listed is DMHA powder. Each resealable pouch comes with 10 grams of DMHA powder and a small scoop. It should be noted, however, that the manufacturer advises to use a milligram scale for best accuracy.

Taste--HORRIBLE! Calling this stuff bitter would actually be a compliment. I had to mix this stuff in a quart of water just to make it palatable. Be warned--this will make any drink you take it with taste awful; it's best to mix it with as much water as possible and guzzle it down quickly.
Mixability--The powder mixed easily; almost completely dissolving, but its foul flavor overwhelmed anything I mixed it with.
Dosing The label recommends 1 serving (75 mg) prior to working out. I think that taking more than the recommended dose can yield some negative side effects (see below)

I definitely had increased energy and focus throughout the day when taking this supplement. I didn't feel cracked out or anything; it was a very clean, even supply of energy. I also got some pretty nice pumps, and tightened up my midsection.

I received the 5 gram pack, which gave me about 67 servings. As listed on Robinhood's website, 5 grams costs about 10 bucks, 10 grams goes for about 20 dollars, and 20 grams sells for around 30 dollars. All three represent a pretty good value in my book.

Side Effects

When I took 2 scoops, I noticed that I had no appetite whatsoever. However, I was also throwing up, breathing very heavily, and my heart was racing. I've taken DMHA in 100 mg capsules before, but never experienced sides like this. I'm assuming that since Robinhood uses only DMHA powder with no fillers, that the effects are much more potent.

I cut down to one scoop, and all of the negative sides went away. It should be noted that I have a pretty high stim tolerance, so I would not recommend this to those who are sensitive to stimulants.

Conclusion

I would have given this a much higher overall score had it been a little more palatable, but I couldn't get over how horrible this stuff tasted. No matter how well it worked (and it did work well), I never looked forward to taking it, and I would spend at least an hour trying to get the taste out of my mouth. Taste non-withstanding, DMHA powder works well as a preworkout, nootropic, fat burner combo. If you can tolerate stims and have no problem with your mouth tasting like you ate a pile of dragon poop, then by all means, go for it. As for me, I'll stick to the capsules.
  • Unflavored: 1/10

Nite Burn (BPI Sports)

Overall
(SR paid for product; BPI Sports did not participate)

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Little Improved Sleep
  • Severely Underdosed Ingredients
  • Prop Blend
  • No Weigtfat Loss Effects

BPI mainly burns your money. It does this at night so hopefully you won't notice.

35 years old financial auditor trying to balance life with three kids and a busy job. Trying to get in some quality time at the gym in the meantime. When I manage to squeeze in some gym time I can use all the supplement help that's out there. At the moment trying to lean out some unwanted fat, mostly at the belly section. Gained some unwanted fat %. Seemed like a good moment to try some fat burners out there and weigh in on the SR reviews. Thanks to the SR troops and Clipper for the bounty through the new and improved bounty program.

The ingredient profile consists one big prop blend, which leaves no way of telling how the ingredients are dosed and how they stack against the proven dosages for sure.
(Proprietary) 640 mg,
Raspberry ketone (Rubus idaeus) (fruit)
White kidney bean (Phaseolus vulgaris) (seed
Green coffee bean (Coffea) (seed) (chlorogenic acids)
Dandelion (Taraxacum) (flower
L-Tryptophan
Saffron (Crocus sativus) (flower) (safranal)
Melatonin
Lemon balm (Melissa officinalis) (leaves)

Altough like most Troops I thorougly hate prop blends I am somewhat pragmatic. If it works, it works and i could care less. It is however hard to assess the expected effectiveness beforehand, so I would probably not purchase this. The bounty program is a nice way to give these kind of products a chance.
When looking at the ingredients it is vaguely possible to assess whether ingredients are properly dosed. This does however calls for some guessing and estimations which in the end will not solve the whole puzzle but could give a fair idea.
The recommended amount of Green coffee is highly dependent on the amount of chlorogenic acid which is not specified. If you would consider an average amount (20%), up from 600mg would be an effective dosage. A fair assumption is that in BPI nite burn this ingredient is underdosed. This goes for most if not all the ingredients. The standard dose of raspberry ketones is 100-200mg.
White kidney bean extract is a carbohydrate blocker. If it is a pure extract (phaseolus vulgaris)
445mg would be a proper and proven effective amount. Dandelion has no real recommended dose, as proof of weight loss in humans is not conclusive.
L-tryptophan is an amino acid which is converted into 5-htp and then to serotonin, melatonin, and vitamin B6 (nicotinamide) Should have a calming effect. No known recommended dose. Saffron's - world's most expensive spice, which perhaps explains the price- is known for antidepressant and calming properties. No recommended dose. Melatonin is a well known non addictive sleep aid with lots of other benefits. Dosage from 0,5mg up to 5mg are is suggested. Lemon balm is used for the calming effect. The lowest active supplemental dose appears to be 300mg

When calculating the scientific proven effective doses of the ingredients included (for which these doses are known) this would amount to at least 1445 mg. This is without the supplement ingredients for which the recommended dose is unknown. BPI nite burn contains (way) less than half of that. This leads to the conclusion that at least some, but most likely all ingredients are heavily underdosed.

No issues. Just one blue pill before bedtime.

As could be expected from reading the ingredient profile section of this review. BPI nite burn did not do anything at all for me. Taking a stand alone melatonin supplements provided a better sleeping aid. As to burning capabilities I did nog experience anything. I Actually measured my fat percentage during this run using a scale that is capable of doing this.. Although the precision of these scales can be debatable, a decrease (if even minor) would have been noticeable. I was on a steady but slow fat decreasing stint when I started this supplement. To measure its effectiveness I stopped taking other supplements I have been using (CLA, EGCG). During the use of Nite burn my fat perentage did not drop, It actually increased by 0,1%. The last few days I decided to double the dose and took two pills before bedtime. Considering the dosage I decided this could do no harm. No effects whatsoever.

The best place to buy BPI nite burn is Allstarhealth at the moment of writing this review. At 27 dollars this amounts to 0,77 a day. If it actually worked this would be a fair price. Some fat burners are cheaper, some are more expensive. How do you rate the value a product that does not deliver. I'd say fairly low.

Side Effects

Conclusion

It's always hard to judge a prop blend. Some calculations lead to the conclusion that some, but most likely all ingredients are massively underdosed. The effects were as to be expected: Non noticeable. I do perceived some improved sleep, but to be honest a regular melatonin ingredient gives the same -of not better- results at a fraction of the price. This was my first supplement from BPI ever, and it was not a positive experience. I would definitely not buy this product.

Aminogex Ultra (VMI Sports)

Overall
Thanks to VMI Sports for sending it out!

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Improved Recovery
  • Improved Hydration
  • Reduced Fatigue
  • Taste
  • Endurance
  • Fully Disclosed
  • Price

One of the best BCAA formulas I've seen for the price point.

What is going on guys? I have another BCAA review for you today. I claimed this product because of the reputable VMI brand and the good looking label! I'd like to thank all the people at SR and VMI for making this review possible. Let's dive right in.

Highlights:
    7g of BCAAs
    (3.5g Leucine, 1.75g isoleucine, 1.75g Valine)
    1.25g of Betaine
    25mg of Vitamin B12

One of the best BCAA formulas I've seen for the price point.

Highlights:
    7g of BCAAs
    (3.5g Leucine, 1.75g isoleucine, 1.75g Valine)
    1.25g of Betaine
    25mg of Vitamin B12

Right off the bat you notice that this product uses 7g of BCAAs as opposed to the traditional 5g per serving. I love this and wish that more companies went higher than the normal 5g dose. They also include a big dose of vitamin B6 and added in things like potassium, magnesium, sodium chloride, and calcium glycinate. The 'star' of this product is clearly the BCAAs and when I'm looking for a BCAA product that's really all that I care about! However, the addition of betaine which is a very underrated supplement in my opinion is a great add on. Betaine works to help improve overall strength throughout the course of your workout.

Taste: Pink Lemonade was very very good. This is one of the better tasting supplements I've used. It really tastes like pink crystal light lemonade!

Mixibility: Never had any problems, mixed with 8 ounces of water (or a full shaker bottle)

Dosage: 1 serving pre-workout or intraworkout was my usual dosage. I did use 2 servings in a day twice to see if there was more of an impact but I felt no real difference from the 1 serving. Because there was 7g of BCAAs in this product I saw no real reason to increase my dosage regularly. One serving was enough to meet my needs.

One serving was effective at decreasing my DOMs pretty significantly. I wasn't nearly as sore as I was before and I felt like my recovery time was faster and more efficient while using this product. I never felt dehydrated during my workouts while I was taking this as an intra, kudos to VMI for nailing the hydration aspect of this product. When I'm looking at effectiveness for a BCAA/Intra product I'm really just looking at recovery and muscle soreness. Both of these things were significantly improved during my trial with the product. I was able to train more intensely for longer due to the multiple benefits and wake up the next morning feeling pretty refreshed.

You can currently get this on AllStarHealth.com for around $24 which I think is a GREAT price for a BCAA product with 7g of BCAAs. 80 cents a serving is more than reasonable for the recovery benefits that I experienced.

Side Effects

Conclusion

This is a really good BCAA/Intra product for good price! I would highly recommend it.

Thanks to Mythos Supplements for sending it out!

• Awesome Pump
    • Stim And Filler Free
    • Mixability Needs Improvement

Antaeus is a great non-stim pre workout and potent pump inducer that will help you gain that swole feel with the continuous energy needed to power through your workout.

A special thanks to Mythos Supplements for their participation here on SR.com. Today, I discuss my experience with their non-stim pwo and pump product Antaeus. I was recently on a 4-week stim break, which ended a couple of days ago as evident by my current use of Formula X pwo from Rage Nutrition. During that time, I was using no stims, not even caffeine from coffee, whatsoever. Of course, I still wanted that pwo drive and energy so I decided to give Antaeus a go when it was available as a TROOPs opportunity.

The profile is fully disclosed with no prop blends or stims.

It contains citrulline malate at 8.3g, beta alanine at 4.2f, beet root (source of betaine) at 2.3g, L-arginine alpha ketoglutarate at 2.1g, glycerol monostearate, and L-arginine hcl.

As you can see, we have plenty of well dosed and well known pump inducing ingredients with no stims. I don't think I need to explain any of them as they've all been around for quite some time. Citrulline malate, beetroot, and the two forms of arginine in this product are all known for their direct vasodilation effects. Beta alanine is great for endurance. Glycerol monostearate exhibits a notable vasodilation effects as well in manners similar to creatine. In essence, it helps draw water into muscular tissue. Some would say it works better with creatine. From my experience, I second this, but I was also not using creatine during my usage with this since I wanted to reduce bloat during my recomp phase. Still, again from my past experience, it is effective on its own.

Lastly, Antaeus contains no fillers or artificial ingredients of any kind.

The taste is a downfall with this product. To describe it best in my opinion, it was like a highly diluted fruit punch mixed with beet juice. It was not enjoyable whatsoever and I usually had to just pound it down quickly.

Mixability was a little lacking. Upon preparation it left minor sediment and undissolved grit at the bottom of my shaker bottle.

Dosing is standard of a pre workout, but I preferred to take this within a shorter window. I took it 15 minutes before my workout and hit the weights.

I can safely say that Antaeus was great for pump and had added energy and endurance benefits.

The pumps were incredible and I saw a substantial increase in vascularity and a feeling of fullness all over my physique. Trained muscles were feeling swole to a new level especially during high volume sets. Even with low rep, high intensity intervals, I was still getting a great pump everywhere. The pump and vascularity lasted through my workouts and remained steadily post workout.

My energy did increase to a reasonable level, but not to the same level as with stims. However, this is expected and I am not dissatisfied whatsoever considering I was using it for its stim free properties. I had a moderate, but clean and continuous flow of energy through my workouts that lasted throughout with no crash.

My endurance was well supported as I was experiencing a reduction of fatigue during all training sessions. I was lifting between consecutive sets with each movement with less rest in between and reduced soreness with each following interval. I was running and boxing with more aggression and stamina as well.

While pump was Antaeus best attribute, it hit in all aspects of what I was expecting for a stim-free product.

Currently, Antaeus is available only on Mythos Supp's website. Various sizes are available including 15, 35, and 70 servings. I kindly received two 15 serving tubs, allowing me to utilize the product for a full 30 days.

A 15 serving tub cost 30 dollars. At first glance, that is a bit pricey for only a 15 serving tub. However, as bassore said in his review, don't let that be a deterrent. You definitely get what you pay for and as the product becomes more widely available I believe we will begin to see lower prices or better value BOGO deals offered by Mythos Supps and other vendors.

Side Effects

Beta alanine tingles, but this is reassuring since it is indicative of efficacy

Conclusion

If you wish to avoid the stims and unnecessary additives of most other pre workouts, then I would recommend Antaeus to anyone. In addition, if you want a complementing pump inducer with added energy and endurance support benefits, Antaeus will also help substantially. You'll experience a great pump, good endurance support, and some good jitter free energy.

WARMACHINE OUT!!!

GO RED SOX!!!

Massacr3 (Olympus Labs)

6.7
    Thanks to Olympus Labs for sending it out!

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Increased Vascularity
    • Great Pump

Before I start I would like to thank Olympus Labs for giving me the opportunity to review Massacr3. I have had experience using Laxogenin supplements in the past seeing good results. My past experience using Laxogenin gave me results with increased muscle growth, strength, recovery, bulking. Laxogenin is an interesting ingredient as some people swear by it and others say it doesn't work.

The ingredient profile features three ingredients on a transparent label. The main ingredient is laxogenin at 300mg per two capsules. Laxogenin is a plant (Smilax Sieboldii) like steroid (5-Alpha-Hydroxy-Laxogenin) as its similar to Anavar (oxandrolone). One big key component for me using laxogenin is that it's natural and free on toxins. Theres been conflict between people as to whether laxogenin works..... one of the reasons is absorption. Olympus Labs uses a lipid complex at a molecular level that can enhance potency from 2x-6x compared to the norm.

Next ingredient listed is Vaso6 - Green Tea Extract 300mg. According to Olympus Labs Vaso6 is a gallate-enhanced oligomer made up of dimers, trimers, tetramers and pentamers that is a powerful stimulator of nitric oxide production. What does this mean for the user? Improved blood flow/increased vasodilation.

Final ingredient is UroBolin - 150mg. UroBolin is one of four metabolites of ellagic acid or ellagitannins..... it can inhibit protein catabolism and simultaneously increase protein synthesis. This is another natural compound that help build muscle while preventing breakdown.

Olympus Labs Massacr3 contains 30 servings using 2 capsules per serving. I took the recommended two capsules on an empty stomach. On training days I took one serving before training... on non-training days I took one serving first thing in the morning.

In terms of effectiveness I'll use categories to judge Massacr3.

Bulking/Mass 9/10 - One of the biggest takeaways from this was my increased appetite. I couldn't stop eating and my wife was starting to get mad with the increased grocery bill. I was still eating clean and although I was eating more I felt fairly lean around my mid section. My weight went from 202lbs to 207lbs gaining 5 in 30 days.

Vascularity 8/10 - As weeks went by while on cycle my veins were looking like a road map although I was eating more. I was finding them in areas where I don't usually see them like my upper legs/front shoulders/chest. I felt like a fully blown up balloon in a good way.

Strength 9/10 - I'm currently on a powerlifting program so I really only look to PR in the big three compound lifts. During those four weeks while on cycle I PRd on all three lifts seeing 10-15lbs increases. There weren't prohormone like gains but its safe to say they won't go down after cycle.

Recovery 8/10 - Another great result from using Massacr3 was seeing an increase in my recovery times. I definitely noticed I was less sore during/after training sessions while setting PRs. There were significantly less DOMs and most of the time I was feeling fresh. Because of this increase in recovery I was able to train harder-train faster all while feeling healthy.

In regards to value the cheapest I found was on suppz.com for $44.95 - most retailers were selling it for $49.99. This will break the wallet for a very effective natural anabolic supplement. You won't experience prohormone like gains but if you do everything right you will see good results. Compared to other laxogenin supplements this is right around the norm.

Side Effects

Conclusion

In conclusion Olympus Labs Massacr3 is a very effective natural anabolic supplement. Although the price is high you'll see good results if your diet & training are in check. You won't get prohormone like gains but you will see good results without having to worry about nasty side effects. I recommend giving Massacr3 a try although the price tag is high - there always seem to be a deal on most retail sites so look out for those. Once again I'd like to thank Olympus Labs for participating in the SR TROOP Program.

Thanks to Savage Supplements for sending it out!

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Enhanced Vascularity
    • Increased Leanness
    • Better Endurance
    • Feel Young Again
    • Increased Sex Drive
    • Increased Hunger
    • Felt Stronger
    • Hard Muscles
    • Increased Libido
    • Good AI Effects

Simply awesome testosterone booster. I can honestly say hands down, this was the most effective product that I have tried in this category. It delivered in all of its claims and even managed to do so without giving the user nasty side effects.

Huge thank you to Savage Supplements for letting me run HADES. As we age, our body slows down, including metabolism, and testosterone production, leading us to feel old and sluggish. An effective T product can help keep the aging body going, however, the market is filled with products that promise the world, but leave you empty-handed. This is where a product live Savage Supplements HADES comes into play. They have put together a very potent combination of natural herbal anabolic ingredients to deliver you back to your youth.

This product has a large fully disclosed label which is very refreshing considering the type of product it is, they have nothing to hide and want you to know why this works so well:
      Royalapple did a great job laying out all of the ingredients, but I will go over some of the more important ingredients included in this product.

Ashwagandha - 1500mg - honestly this herb is king. The list of things this ingredient treats is endless, but a few are sexual health, and overall immunity. I know in the past when I have used Ashwagandha, my immune system has been stronger and I have felt better overall. This ingredient can also reduce stress in the body, which a reduction of stress will lead to less excess cortisol.

Tribulus P.E 95% Saponins - 500mg - In the world of natural herbal testosterone boosters, Tribulus has been around forever. The minimum dose that you want is 500mg, as long as the Saponins is a high percentage.

Tongkat Ali (Long Jack) - 80mg - this is a root extract from a shrub often referred as Eurycoma longifolia. It's known to increase testosterone and sex drive. It has also shown promising results when it comes to treating ED

Indole-3-Carbinol - 150mg - Indole-3-Carbinol is the precursor to DIM and converts to DIM once it is processed through the stomach, so it adds to the dose of DIM that you are getting.

5a-Hydroxy Laxogenin - 75mg - This is a naturally occurring plant steroid. There are studies out there claiming that it will increase natural testosterone production in the body, however some of the studies are hit and miss. The one constant factor that it has shown to do is increase protein synthesis.

Androsta-3,5-dien-7,17-dione (Arimistane) - 50mg - this is an aromatase inhibitor. Simply put, it is going to fight off the production of excess estrogen and cortisol. If you increase the amount of testosterone your body makes but do not utilize all of it, then it will be converted to estrogen. This is why guys who come off of a cycle get all puffy and usually get man boobs. Taking an AI will help fight off those nasty effects.

ForsLean (95% Forskolin Extract) - 50mg - This ingredient plays an important role when communicating between muscle and cells. This is also an important player in the reduction of body fat, and lean muscle mass increase.

Methyl-EAA (n-Methyl-DL-Aspartic Acid) - 30mg - So unlike regular DAA, this is the methylated version, which is a stronger more potent version. This is why the dose is much smaller than a regular DAA dose. Because of the methylation, it has a greater chance of surviving the passage through the liver and delivering the testosterone boosting properties that it can generate.

Diindolylmethane (DIM) - 25mg -DIM supplement encourages optimal estrogen metabolite breakdown. And by doing this, DIM prevents the overproduction of bad estrogen metabolites. An overproduction of harmful estrogen metabolites leads to estrogen dominance. Too much of anything is never good. This is especially true of hormones. For example, estrogen dominance can lead to tumors in the uterus and endometriosis. In addition to encouraging the production of good estrogen, there are other DIM supplement benefits. Diindolylmethane compounds contain potent antioxidant activity. This antioxidant activity may help prevent chronic disease.

Boron Citrate - 5mg - This mineral can be found in green veggies, studies have shown that a dose of 10mg a day for 7 days can increase testosterone production and reduce estrogen, this is why it is important to eat green veggies such as broccoli and kale.

Bioperine (Piper Nigrum Fruit Extract) - 5mg - This is a rapidly growing popular ingredient that is added to help increase absorption in the body.

As you can see, this is full of natural ingredients designed to deliver a huge boost in anabolic production as well as fighting off nasty estrogen side effects.

The taste and mixability are non-factors due to this being a capsule.

Dosing is 4 pills which I would take first thing in the morning on an empty stomach before my workout.

All I can say is WOW!

Never have I ever taken a natural product that delivered to this level. To put it in perspective, 2 years ago, I ran an 8-week cycle of Blackstone Labs Chosen1 followed by PCT V. HADES delivered in 4 weeks what that gave me in 9 weeks. My strength went through the roof, as well as overall body composition improved as well. I had a very inconsistent gym schedule during this cycle, to where I was not always able to workout and do what I wanted in the gym, or did not have the ability to work on my Olympic lifts, however while taking this I could walk into the gym and it looked like I had not missed a day. This allowed me to tap into that "Old Man strength" where I could reach down and always find the strength to lift more.

As an example, I had taken several weeks off from back squats, and I finally got the chance to do them again and was able to go in and lift the same weight I had previously done before, literally creating an environment where there was no drop off in strength. Coupled with this was a huge increase in vascularity. I can tell when I really start to lean out because the veins in my forearms, biceps will start to pop out, but this also got me increase vascularity in my shoulders. When I start to get shoulder veins going, I know I am getting lean.

The other aspect of this was libido. I really did feel like I was in High School again, where I was in basic survival instinct mode where all I wanted to do was breed. There was a huge boost in sexual drive, that honestly felt like nothing could satisfy it.

finally, the last benefit was this did a great job mitigating all of the negative side effects that you would see with a PH product. I had 0 increase in acne anywhere, and there were 0 issues with sexual health and ED functions. Some PH products can wreak havoc on you in this area, especially if it has DECA in it, however, this was not the case. The ingredients allowed my body to maximize the potential they could create without causing negative side effects.

I will say this about the product, there were all of these benefits, however, it was not immediate. It took a solid week for me to notice anything to the point where I thought this product was going to be a bust. With that, like all products I test, I gave it the respect that it deserves and gave it a chance. I was so glad that I did because it was simply amazing. I have already ordered 2 more bottles of this, and they will be here on Monday if that tells you how excited I am about this product.

Right now the only place I can find this at is the companies website itself svgsupplements.com and it retails for $60 for 30 servings which is $2 a serving. Normally for a natural anabolic supplement, I would say that this is a pretty high price due to most PH supplements being in this price range, however, given the sheer amount of ingredients in this, and the way they are dosed coupled with the results that I got, this price is easily worth paying. Additionally, if you keep your eyes peeled they will have BOGO sales and you can get 2 bottles for the price of 1.

Side Effects

Surprisingly, there were no side effects. The only real thing I can report is a dropoff on strength and endurance once I was done taking this product.

Conclusion

Flat out, HADES works. It has been a long time since I have been this surprised by a product. This reminds me of supplements that you used to be able to get back in the 90's you know the kind that actually works, then before you know it, its taken off the market because it worked too well. I would highly recommend this product. Forget other "natural" T boosters and do yourself a favor and get a bottle of this, or get 2. You will not be disappointed. I predict we will see big things from this company in the future. I am already looking forward to hopefully being able to try their pump product because just like this one, it looks insane and effective. Keep up the good work Savage!

Restful Sleep (Olly)

Pros:
       Cons:
      • Helps You Fall Asleep
      • Loses Value Based Off Dosing
      • Weak Dosing
      • No Deep REM Sleep

An under-powered sleep aid that can help you fall asleep, but you never quite get that deep sleep feeling. With proper dosing, this product can work for you, but there was just not enough here to get me excited to recommend this.

38 years old, recovering from total reconstruction surgery on my left ankle, but finally back in the gym! I suffer from sleep apnea so I like to keep a sleep aid on hand to help me fall asleep. I have had some good and bad experiences on sleep aids, so its not a cut and dry category in this industry like you would think or all the ads let you believe. I saw this as an Amazon recommendation and was on sale, so I decided to give it a shot. Lets see how Olly did for me at night.

Fully disclosed ingredient list, which is always appreciated. Nothing here will stand out, as it seems to be the standard ingredients in a sleep product. None the less lets discuss each ingredient as I normally do. Servings size is based off two gummies (yes, its gummies not pills, which was another reason I wanted to try it because I LOVE gummies).

L-Theanine (200mg): A relaxing Amino Acid that is known to promote relaxation without sedation as well as reducing stress. Typically you will see this between 100-200mg alongside of caffiene to promote cognitive properties, but here its more of the relaxing properties we are looking for, since there is no caffiene. I have taken doses of 500mg in previous sleep aids (Resurrect PM) with some benefit, 200mg seems a bit low for me, but we will cover that in effectiveness.

Melatonin (3mg): Melatonin is a hormone secreted in the brain that regulates sleep typically used as a sleep aid and is non-addictive. This gives you some good restful sleep and is the most well known and common ingredient to help you sleep. Typically I like to have 5mg of Melatonin, this was a little low, but really this dosage depends on your own personal reaction and needs.

Chamomile Extract (flower) (17mg)/Passionflower Extract (aerial parts) (17mg)/Lemon Balm Extract (aerial parts) (16mg): I lump these all together as they are all bontanicals. All of these promote relaxation in herbal remedies, and am not real sure on dosage here.

Simple profile overall, and the nice thing is you can tailor this to your needs. To me, at two gummies this was a bit under-dosed for me, but four gummies were pretty good, but we shall cover that below in the appropriate section.

Taste: The only flavor this comes in is Blackberry Zen. It tasted okay, not as exciting as a gummy bear, but you got some hints of blackberry and was decent. Not enough to get me excited but real easy to chew up and swallow.

Mixability: Gummies, so not issues here.

Dosing: The directions call for 2 gummies 30 minutes prior to sleep. I tried dosing this at 2 and 4 gummies.

I dosed the first half of this bottle at the recommended two gummies. It would relax me and help me fall asleep about an hour after taking this. However, it never kept me asleep for longer than 3-4 hours and I never hit that illustrious REM deep sleep. For the last half of the bottle I switched it up to four gummies at a time, and I would fall asleep withing 45 minutes, and stay asleep for 4-5 hours. I had better success this way, but still never felt that deep sleep kick in. Overall, this did help me in falling asleep but thats about it. I am a light sleeper normally, so any sound wakes me up during the night, and I would never be in a deep enough sleep to sleep through any nightly sounds. If you are looking for a simple aid to help you fall asleep, then this is for you, but I look for more deep rest so this fell a bit short for me, no matter how I dosed it.

I picked this up from Amazon (free shipping thanks to Prime) for $11.99 for 50 gummies. At two gummies a night this should last you 25 nights and come out to 48 cents a night, which is pretty cheap for a sleep aid with more than just Melatonin. However, I had better success on 4 gummies a night so it would last 12.5 nights and come out to closer to 96 cents a night which kills the value in my opinion. Plus the effectiveness did nothing more than help me fall asleep so it lowers the value in my eyes. You can grab products like Resurrect PM or Fade Out for around the same price with ten times better effects and value.

Side Effects

Conclusion

If you just need a minor boost to fall asleep and two gummies will be sufficient then you should consider this product. For someone like me that needs a bit more, this is not effective enough in my eyes to recommend it. The actual rating of this review is tough since its going to vary from person to person, but for me a 38 year old with Sleep Apnea, it was not enough, but it gets a Meh since it did help me initially fall asleep. No regrets in trying this.
      • Blackberry Zen: 7/10

A-XR PCT (VMI Sports)

Overall
      Thanks to VMI Sports for sending it out!

Pros:
       Cons:
      • Would Be Good Value If Actually Effective
      • No Libido Increase
      • No Effects Whatsoever
      • Sugar Pills

Big thanks to VMI Sports and the TROOP program for giving me the opportunity to review A-XR PCT. I took this product as a stand-alone natural testosterone booster, rather than as its intended purpose as a PCT. That being said, based off of the supplement profile and its benefits as a PCT, it should have been a solid test booster. It is marketed to "Anyone looking to restore natural testosterone production and boost libido & vitality."

I expected minor strength gains, acne, aggression, and increased libido. I experienced NONE of the above. I am a 27 year old male and by no means have low testosterone but I have taken natural test boosters before and had solid results.

The ingredients in A-XR PCT are said to 1) boost testosterone with tribulus and PrimaVie; 2) build muscle by regulating hormone levels; 3) increase libido; and 4) inhibit aromatase with Saw Palmetto and Stinging Nettle Root. I find that several of the ingredients are significantly underdosed.

LH Activation Complex:
      Tribulus Alatus Extract (Fruit) 200 mg--boosts testosterone, used in tons of testosterone boosting supplements
      PrimaVie Purified Shilajit Powder 200 mg --supports sexual health, energy production and overall fitness

DHT Inhibition Complex:

Androstenolone (DHEA) 25 mg
      Zinc Bisglycinate Chelate 15 mg

Estrogen Aromatase Regulataion:
      Acacetin 100 mg

I used this product as recommended. Two capsules each day either before my first meal or pre workout. Regardless of whether I took it pre workout or pre meal, I saw no difference. The capsules are small and easy to take.

Here is where the product really let me down. I honestly might as well have not taken A-XR PCT because I noticed ZERO effects. There was no aggression, no acne, no strength or size gains, no increased libido.

Yes, I am a 27 year old male and full of my own testosterone but I did hope to see some minimal side effects. I really noticed no differences good or bad. Maybe things would have been different had I taken this as a true PCT, but I didn't and I cannot know for sure.

So if this product was effective, I would consider it a pretty good value ranging anywhere between $30-$44. That being said, given that this had NO EFFECT I have to say there is close to NO VALUE. I would not pay to take sugar pills and I wouldn't suggest a friend to either.

Side Effects

Absolutely NONE...good or bad

Conclusion

Might as well have been sugar pills. Not sure how effective it is as a PCT, but I would be fearful trusting this product if I was really in need of a PCT.