Recent Reviews

----Introduction----
I'm a competing powerlifter, and I just finished my cut, so I'll be maintaining until my next meet. I go through a lot of protein shakes, bars, and other protein products, so I'm always on the look for something new to try

----Ingredient Profile----
Mighty Muffins are high in protein, high fiber, gluten free, non GMO, and have probiotics added in to make them easy on the digestive system. The ingredients may vary a bit depending on the flavor, but the basic formula includes oat flower, whey isolate and pea protein, sugar, butter, corn starch, baking powder/soda, xantham gum, and the probiotic blend.

I don't see any cause for concern in the ingredients list unless you have allergies.

----Taste/Mixability/Dosing----

Taste
I went through a box of the maple pumkin muffins and I've tried most of the other flavors. The only ones I haven't tried are the peanut butter and the chocolate peanut butter.

The maple pumpkin I'd have to give a 6.5/10. They tasted okay, but I did not get a taste of maple or a taste of pumpkin. They had this strong grain flavor that I thought was bran, but bran is not in the ingredients list. I even tried adding canned pumpkin to the muffins and I still couldn't get a taste of pumpkin. There was just something that was Bran like.

The apple cinnamon was the best flavor I had. I went through several singles, and I'd give it an 8/10. The apple and cinnamon flavor were both there and there was no "bran taste."

The Smores was bad 5/10. They looked promising as I saw plenty of marshmallows and chocolate bits, but they tasted like stale graham flour.

Double Chocolate 6.5/10. They tasted like chocolate, but I had to take a point off as they were terribly dry compared to the other flavors. Perhaps it would be better if you add more milk or cook it less. I don't know why it was drier than the others.

Mixability 7/10

So to make these you add 1/4 cup of water or milk and then microwave it (the time varies based on the power of the microwave). Mixability shouldn't really be an issue, but it's surprisingly hard to mix in all of the muffin powder with the milk. Usually, I end up with some undissolved powder that got stuck in the edges of the muffin cup. The best way to make these is to dump the powder into a mug and mix it in there. Kind of takes away the convenience factor if you want to stash these at work, but I have no mixing problems with a mug

Dose

Each muffin is 20g protein, 5g fiber, and around 210-220 calories. Perfect for a snack, and if you mix it with milk (or greek yogurt) instead of water, you can get some more protein in there. I wouldn't call a muffin a meal (unless you're on a poverty cut), but it could be the base of a meal. Add a scoop of ice cream and you have a great pre-bed snack.

----Effectiveness----

In the context of a balanced diet, protein is protein so it's hard to say how effective it was. I can say though that it delivered on its promise on being easy to digest. I must have had at least 2 dozen of these and I've never felt any discomfort or stomach issues. I also used them as a pre-bed snack during my high volume phase and my recovery went well at that time. That's not dispositive of course, but I think these muffins had a positive effect on my diet

----Value----
These were $3-4 for singles in the local grocery store and are around $35 for a box of 12 online (the cheapest I'd seen them was for $32). I think these prices are fair. They cost a bit more than a protein bar w/ similar macros, but I find them more pleasant to eat and if I were to go out and buy a muffin at a cafe or something, I'd pay the same amount or more for a product that would be a lot harder to fit into my macros.

----Conclusion----

If you have a sweet tooth like me, then I'd give these a shot. I would, though, recommend trying out a single if you can before committing to a whole box. I wouldn't want to pay over $30 and then realize I didn't like the flavor I bought. If you can find a variety pack though, that would be great.
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Easy To Digest
  • Easy On The Macros
  • The Double Chocolate Was Dry
  • Can Be Hard To Mix
  • Apple Cinnamon: 8/10
  • Smores: 5/10
  • Double Chocolate: 7/10
  • Maple Pumpkin: 6/10

(Thanks to Outbreak Nutrition for sending it out!)
----Introduction----
This is Part 3 and the final review of the Gilla Goodbye Gala. My final review ever.

Ever.

How fitting of it to be a sleep aid, where I can lay my reviews to rest.

Again. Will not be entertaining, can't be providing "creative" anymore!

----Ingredient Profile----
Outbreak, I love you for the full disclosure.

Ever.

How fitting of it to be a sleep aid, where I can lay my reviews to rest.

Again. Will not be entertaining, can't be providing "creative" anymore!

----Ingredient Profile----
Outbreak, I love you for the full disclosure.

Per serving, 1G of Phenibut, KSM-66 200 mg, Nulumbo nuciferia 150 mg, Tryptophan 100 mg, Phosphatidylsrine 50 mg with a pixie dust's worth of Zinc and Magnesium, which is a bummer because the two sources of these minerals as claimed, TRAACS and citrate are high quality. Outbreak covers all of their bases here in terms of Sleep boosters, "relaxation" aids and "anti-stress" compounds. One gram of Phenibut is...plenty. KSM's and Nulumbo nuciferia's doses are "okay". The Tryptophan is also a decent dose. Just wish that Zinc and Mag was bumped a bit. A very solid mix overall though that competes with the other sleep products out there.

----Taste/Mixability/Dosing----
An amazing taste on apple. Usually companies are pumping out "green" or "sour" forms of apple, which have that Jolly Rancher flavor which is usually pretty good albeit, usually chemically. Outbreak brings to you "Apple Cinnamon" and they nail it. I was skeptical thinking it would be forced and taste like a crappy form of Apple Jacks or something, but golly, it smells and tastes like a Christmas time Yankee Candle. I just wanted to warm it up and sip it like a wintertime Apple Cider. The right combination of smooth apple and a sharp Cinnamon. Probably one of my top 5 flavored products of all time.

Mixing was eh. There were usually little balls that didn't want to break down easily and usually bottom cup clingers that I needed to stir a bit more with my fork. Whatever.

Dosed at 1 and 1.5 scoops.

----Effectiveness----
This. Product. Is. VERY. Effective.

So, why did I score it an "orange smiley"? Because...It's VERY EFFECTIVE.

I have one of those wonderful fancy, "Fitbit" gadgets which helps monitor sleep and restlessness, which will help with detail here.

Getting to sleep - This product hits you quick. I'm traditionally a fan of GABA, as I love the full body tingles and obvious slow shut down of your body when you can feel your respiratory system taking longer, more pronounced breaths. Phenibut however, does (more of a) mental shut down and makes your eyes feel heavy. Within 10-15 minutes of relaxing in bed reading, I'm ready to flick off the switch. When the lights were off, it would take another 3-5 minutes to be out. This is a welcome boost as I traditionally get to sleep like crap.

Staying asleep - I suck at this. Bad. I'm usually up, tossing and turning copious amounts of times throughout the night. A "normal" amount of "times restless" for me is in the 25-30 range according to fitbit, which normal stretches where I'm "awake" for 15-20 minutes". While running this product I was "down" to a "mere" 15-20 times restless most nights and my "time awake" could not even be registered by Fitbit's science. This makes sense, because I have a little mouse bladder, so I pee almost every night in the middle of the night, but while running this product, I'd get back to sleep within minutes. Overall, my sleep would go from an average of 6.78 hours without the product to an average of 7.21 hours with the product. That's a decent boost.

Waking up/Recovery - Recovery is what this product is designed for. Each day I would wake up feeling slightly less soreness and this was key because of my new routine where I'd lift less days but harder after longer periods of rest. That's a positive benefit. A big negative though...is wanting to wake up. I know you are probably thinking, well gosh isn't the product good then?! Well...sort of. Using this product at 1 scoop, this negative isn't THAT bad, it would take about 1-2 hours to shake the grogginess. Using this product at 1.5 scoops F'd. Me. Up. Literally almost all day. To start, I'd wake up and walk to my couch with one eye open. I'd grab my computer/tablet and just sit there with one eye open. It was sort of a surreal feeling. I'd THINK to myself "open your other eye"..."OPEN YOUR OTHER EYE"...and I'd still not do it for sometimes close to a half hour. I'd then get up and take a PWO before the gym and it would cut the stim effectiveness down like whoa. I couldn't get much of a pick-me-up from stims at all for my morning session. While at the gym, my body still felt "in the clouds". It never really effected my numbers, but I didn't feel like I WANTED to be there...again...surreal. On days of 1.5 scoops, I would have this "in the clouds" feeling literally all day.

----Value----
Distribution seems to be limited to direct from Outbreak and Tiger Fitness, both for $35. $35 for 30 servings of a sleep product isn't bad because sleep is key. $30 for 30 would be ideal, but it's close.

Explained above.

----Conclusion----
Overall, this product is VERY effective. That's great. However, if you are looking to start your day with a "refreshed" "pep in my step", you may drag a bit after taking Refuge. So, if you can have "lazy sundays" drink some of the apple cinnamony goodness. If you need to bust ass the next day or stare at quarterly financial statements all day, you may struggle a bit.

Gilla out.

For good.
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • No Proprietary Blends
  • Unique Potent Formula
  • Mixes Poorly
  • Grogginess
  • Apple Cinnamon: 9/10

(Thanks to Nature Restore for sending it out!)
----INTRODUCTION----
----INTRODUCTION----
What's up Supplement Reviews (SR). It's time to review "BoneBoost" from the brand "Nature Restore". This is my second attempt of writing this review. The first one got deleted accidentally when I hit the F5 button :( Lifters, including me, usually care about muscles, fat and sometimes about our joints. But a small amount of lifters care about bones, unless they get injured. But lifting isn't only about muscles and fat percentage, it's also about bones. They support a lot of the weight we lift daily and while we take supplements to recover, we usually don't take anything to recover our bones. I would consider my calcium intake to be low. I don't drink too much milk, the Calcium I take usually comes from Whey Protein supplements and the occasional glass of milk. Is it enough? For a person that doesn't lift, probably yes but for a weight lifter, I think it's not enough because apart from the potential benefit for our bones, Calcium also has various other benefits for our health. But I will concentrate on reviewing this supplement based on what it did for my bone health.

Nature Restore did a good job sending this. They gave me 2 samples and sent me like a pamphlet that has information and nutrition facts of their other products so good job doing that. Other companies should do something similar.

-----CLAIMS----
"BoneBoost combines highly bio-available form of minerals with a proven herbal blend to support strong bones. Formulated with extracts that have shown promise in peer reviewed journals, BoneBoost is for the active person who may have concern with their bone density."

----INGREDIENT PROFILE----
Considering this is the first review, I'll have to mention all the ingredients this has:
- Vitamin D3 (200 iu - 33% Daily Value): Vitamin D helps to protect bones and helps with Calcium Absorption. For Calcium to be absorbed adequately, it needs Vitamin D, they have like an intimate relationship so always make sure that the Calcium supplement you get, has Vitamin D included or just make sure to take Vitamin D during your day. The 200iu amount is kind of low because the minimum should be 400iu. But I don't have a problem with that. We most likely take Vitamin D from other sources (sunlight, multivitamins, food) and it's not hugely underdosed.

- Vitamin K2 (2cmg): This Vitamin is not so popular and it's not known so much. It is believed to participate in bone metabolism preventing fractures, osteoporosis, maintaining bone strength, etc. It also works together with Vitamin D and Calcium. According to Examine.com, the minimum effective dose for Vitamin K1 is 50mcg while the minimum effective dose of Vitamin K2 (and its subdivisions) is 1,500mcg for MK-4 (one subdivision) and between 90-360mcg for MK-7. According to WebMD.com, Men aged 19+ should take 120mcg of Vitamin K per day and BoneBoost only has 2mcg :/ Heavily underdosed. I understand you expect these ingredients to work well together so I don't expect all of them to be clinically dosed but 2mcg!? Come on...

- Calcium (AlgaeCal - 400mg - 40% Daily Value): This is an organic plant based Calcium. There's not a lot of information and studies about this ingredient. It is believed AlgaeCal is more absorbable by our bodies which could also mean it's more bioavailable to our body. It is also said that AlgaeCal won't cause Constipation like other Calcium forms. This amount is okay, it's not highly dosed but not underdosed either. We can't compare this dose with other Calcium forms because even though the other forms are higher in dose, those high amounts are not completely absorbed or used by the body so it's all about what really gets absorbed.

- Magnesium Citrate (16mg - 5% Daily Value): Magnesium is very important for our body and even more when we lift weights. Lot of reactions need Magnesium to occur in our bodies. Calcium, apart from needing Vitamin D and K, also need Magnesium to increase absorption and availability and to let Magnesium do its job. Magnesium defficiency can cause a lot of problems like Arthritis and Osteoporosis. It's important that if we increase Calcium intake, we must also increase Magnesium intake and viceversa. Magnesium helps the body take calcium to the bones and participates in bone metabolism along with many other benefits. The amount of Magnesium needed is between 200-500mg so this is heavily underdosed too. Same comment I did with the Vitamin K. One thing is working together but for them to work together, atleast put them with half of the minimum dose lol. Good form of Magnesium though.

- Zinc (5mg - 40% Daily Value): Zinc stimulates the production of osteoblasts which are cells that help to form bones. They help produce collagen, calcium and other ingredients that are part of the bones. It also helps to prevent bone loss. This amount is acceptable, it's a good dose unless you have zinc defficiency. Try taking Zinc at a different time than Calcium, Magnesium and Iron because according to Examine.com, they 4 use the same transporter. "If the transporter's uptake limit (800mg) is exceeding between these four minerals, absorption rates will fall. Taking less than 800mg of these four minerals at the same time is fine."

- Copper (300mcg): Copper helps to form collagen for our bones and connective tissues and it also fortifies them. Diets high in sugar make our body excrete copper. The 300mcg seems to be on the low side but it's not heavily underdosed, just a bit. Don't take excess copper.

- Manganese (700mcg): The 700mcg is also on the low side with 2g being the recommended dose. Some of it is found to be in the bones. It helps to form bones and connective tissues. It also helps with Calcium absorption. Don't take excess manganese (10mg). If you increase calcium intake, also increase manganese.

- Boron (1mg): Prevents bone loss, helps the body produce and use Vitamin D, increases bone formation, helps to maintain calcium and magnesium in the body and other benefits. It's also on the low side but not heavily underdosed.

Proprietary BoneBoost blend (624mg) of:
- Cuscuta chinensis seed: Some parasitic plant that helps to treat Osteoporosis. Combined with other herbs, it increased the number of Osteoblasts, slowed down the death of osteoblasts, helped with calcium absorption, helped produce collagen. I wasn't so convinced about these claims because they don't make too much emphasis on them. They make emphasis on other benefits not related to bones. Don't know if the amount is ok or not. I couldn't find any dose to use as a reference. Found 2 supplements at Amazon containing this ingredient but I don't know if they are a good reference.

- Epimedium extract: Other name for the common Horny Goat Weed. Reduces the rate of bone loss but nothing special. Might increase bone density at the hip and lower back. Don't know about the amount here, it's a proprietary blend.

- Polygonum Cuspidatum: Difficult to find the benefits of this plant. Apparently, this plant has a high concentration of Resveratrol and that's where the benefits might come from. Resveratrol might increase bone density. Inflamations might reduce the number of Osteoblasts (cells that make bones) and increase the number of Osteoclasts (cells that break down bones). So the anti-inflammatory properties of Resveratrol might balance the Osteoblast-Osteoclast ratio to bring it to a normal level so it contributes to bone health. BUT the problem here is that this is not Resveratrol itself, it's a plant with "high" concentrations of it but we don't know if the dose this plant has in this supplement has enough Resveratrol to produce the benefits I just mentioned.

And finally that's it, damn! I took hours investigating all of that! Hope you all read that lol.

----TASTE/MIXABILITY/DOSING----
- TASTE: They were in capsule form. There was no taste nor aftertaste.
- MIXABILITY: Didn't need any mixing. The vegetarian capsules were very easy to swallow.
- DOSING: 3 capsules daily with a meal. I usually took 3 capsules after my breakfast. Tried a few days taking the 3 capsules after my dinner. It has 90 vegetarian capsules so 3 a day means 30 servings.

----EFFECTIVENESS----
I didn't really had a problem with my bones. I have an injury on my left hand wrist and I thought this would help with it. I bought a normal Calcium Carbonate supplement some days before taking BoneBoost. That supplement has Vitamin D and Calcium Carbonate in tablet form. So I was able to compare both forms of Calcium (Calcium Carbonate vs AlgaeCal). The cheap Calcium Carbonate felt heavy in my throat and stomach, it was obvious my body had to work more to absorb it. I knew it would be like that though, I got 400 tablets of Calcium Carbonate + Vitamin D for $15 lol, don't expect something easy to digest.

With BoneBoost it was different. The 3 capsules were easy to swallow and the digestion was great. I didn't feel heavy, my body wasn't working hard to digest the capsules so the claims that AlgaeCal increases absorption was true IMO. Another benefit I saw with BoneBoost was that it wasn't causing me any Constipation. The Calcium Carbonate tablets were causing me constipation. So good job there BoneBoost. It's difficult (not impossible) to say if it helped me with my bones. I think it did help me because I didn't suffer any joint and bone problem while lifting. I didn't take any joint support supplement and I'm lifting heavy weights so it's a plus that BoneBoost helped me not to get any type of joint/bone pain. BoneBoost helped to alleviate my injury on my left wrist but only temporary, just like 20% which is alright. That just tells me the problem of the injury isn't 100% about my bones. Most studies are from people taking these type of ingredients for lot of months so I wasn't expecting much from 1 bottle of BoneBoost. But I saw significant benefits that makes me want to try BoneBoost again and take it consistently.

----VALUE----
Amazon has it right now for $20.95 (free shipping if $35+) and Nature Restore's website for $19.95 (shipping fee of $5 if your order is under $28.99 and free if it's $29.00+). That's a good price, I wouldn't pay more than $20 because some ingredients are heavily underdosed. Sure, you can get cheaper calcium supplements (like the one I bought) but BoneBoost has more ingredients and the quality is greater.

NatureRestore, read the "Suggestions for the Company" section at the end.

----SIDE EFFECTS----
No side effects to report.

----CONCLUSION----
Nice mix of top quality ingredients. Unfortunately, some of them are heavily underdosed, others are slightly underdosed and others are ok. Won't suffer from Constipation. Easy to swallow, no aftertaste, won't have digestion problems. It's effective. Good value.

----- SUGGESTIONS FOR THE COMPANY -------
Thank you again for participating, allow me to make a few suggestions:
- Increase the dose of certain ingredients like Magnesium Citrate, Vitamin K2, Manganese, Boron.
- Don't hide/protect the amount of Epimedium Extract (Horny Goat Weed). Hide/Protect the 2 other plants if you want.
- Considering these type of supplements should be taken all the time by the person, then make bottles with more capsules and/or make stacks so we can save money buying several bottles.
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Bone Health
  • Nice Name
  • Some Underdosed Ingredients
  • Only 90 Capsules
  • No Stacks Option

----Introduction----
The time came around for me to get a new pre workout, I wanted something to give an extra boost to give me the most out of my workouts. I'd had several BPI products before (protein, BCAA and fat burners) and got great results out of them. That being said, I thought I'd give their 1MR pre workout a shot, considering its very reasonable price tag.

Thiamin (135mg)

Niacin (25mg)
-In the body niacin, or B3, is also a catalyst for convertin...

Thiamin (135mg)

Niacin (25mg)
-In the body niacin, or B3, is also a catalyst for converting food into fuel. Both thiamin and niacin increase your metabolism rate (so your body burns more calories on its own) to supply you with more energy.

Unfortunately the rest of the ingredients are packed into a 5,558mg proprietary blend of: Beta-Alanine, L-Arginine Alpha Ketoglutarate, Taurine, Creatine (as Creatine Monohydrate), Caffeine Anhydrous, L-Tyrosine, Paulinia seed, Yerba mate leaf, Kigelia africana root, Citrus sinensis, Psoralea corylifolia seed, Adhatoda vasica leaf, Zingiber officinale root, Schisandra chinensis (fruit), Visnea mocanera leaf and Vitis vinifera seed. Because its a prop. lend, the amounts of the ingredients are undefined but I did a bit of digging and apparently the amount of caffeine is around 200mg. That pretty low compared to most pre workouts out there.

----Taste/Mixability/Dosing----
I'e had both the snow cone flavor and watermelon, and can't decide which one I disliked more. I think part of the reason why I didn't enjoy the taste at all was due to the mixability, so I'll get into detail about that. I normally prefer to mix my preworkouts with only ~4oz of water to get a real strong and intense taste to wake me up, but with that little water this product did not mix well at all. You'd think adding more water would solve the problem but even at 10 oz of water and a single scoop, the stuff still wouldn't entirely mix!! And it was weird because in my experience, when a pre workout doesn't mix well, the undissolved powder normally sinks and sits at the bottom...but not this one. Yes some of the undissolved powder did fall to the bottom, but a lot of it would just sit at the top of the drink which made it impossible to avoid the grainy powder with any sip I took. I found this extremely frustrating as it made the flavor much worse in my opinion. I never quite found a way around the mixability issue with 1MR. As for dosing, I began by taking 1 scoop, but eventually began taking 2 in an attempts to get more out of the product. This caused me to fill up on water before my workouts due to the amount that was needed to dissolve the product.

----Effectiveness----
To be honest, I didn't get nearly as much out of this product as I was expecting to. I would wait and wait for a pump to kick in but it would never hit. I never got tingles from the beta alanine and was disappointed at how little of an effect the caffeine supplied. Because I didn't really get that drive from the product, my focus wasn't really all there during my workouts either. It made it hard for me to stay motivated and really make the most use out of my workouts as a result. I fell into a bit of a plateau in the 4 weeks that I was on it. I did gain 1 lb, but that could have just been attributed to water weight from the creatine monohydrate which is water retentive since I didn't witness any strength gains or increase in my numbers. One positive though, I didn't experience a crash from the 1MR in the time that I took it.

----Value----
The pricing on BPI's 1MR is very low compared to other pre workouts on the market. You can find it some places for just under $20, and as cheap as $13 on Amazon. At 28 servings that comes out to $0.46 per serving. That's far better in terms of $/serving compared to most other pre workouts out there.

Yes, the price is very very good, but note that could a red flag indicator of the product quality.

----Side Effects----
As I stated before, I never got the jitters or a crash of any sort from the 1MR so that's a plus. It did however upset my stomach pretty bad on occasion, certainly more so when I increased the dosage to more than one scoop. This could in part due to the high volume of water that I had to consume to get the 1MR down, but I did get some bowel issues as well. Had me on the toilet pretty frequently which was annoying.

----Conclusion----
Overall, I didn't get as much out of the 1MR as I was hoping to - I'd say BPI dropped the ball on this one. Unless they come out with something new that seems to deliver more, I think I'lll just stick to BPI's proteins and BCAAs from here on out and steer clear of their pre workouts. Can't say I would recommend this product to others out there. Hope you found my experience helpful!
  • Makes My Stomache Hurt
  • Digestion Issues
  • Lack Of Pump

NooCaffeine (NooWave Supplement Co.)
zbikowski88
TROOPer Level: 38

(Thanks to NooWave Supplement Co. for sending it out!)
----Introduction----
Before I start I want to thank NooWave Supplement Co for participating in the SR TROOP Program. They have been very active in this program and I've had the opportunity to review a few supplements from their line. The main reason I really wanted to try NooCaffeine was because of the environment I work in. Working in a surgery/recovery setting I don't have much time to drink coffee or energy drinks. This seemed like a simple solution for the days that were dragging.

----Ingredient Profile----
The NooCaffeine ingredient profile is really simple only containing three (3) main ingredients. First off there are two different types of caffeine that both have different timing effects. Caffeine Citrate (100mg) is the first ingredient listed, this is a combination of caffeine (50% caffeine by mass) and citric acid. You feel the effect from this form much quicker than you do with Dicaffeine Malate (Infinergy). Infinergy (100mg) is the second form of caffeine listed, its formed by the combination of malic acid (malate) and caffeine (73% caffeine by mass). This has a more long drawn out effect but is milder with its effects. Third and final ingredient is L-Theanine (200mg) which is an amino acid known for increasing cognitive focus.

----Taste/Mixability/Dosing----
Dosing - The bottle suggests taking 1-2 capsules whenever focus is needed. During this review I only took one capsule at a time when I needed a boost of energy during work. This took the place of a cup of coffee or an energy drink. If wanted I believe this would be a great product to stack with a pre-workout.

----Effectiveness----
I used NooCaffeine as a stand-alone energy/focus booster before and during work when needed. Depending on the day I'd take this first thing in the morning before work or during work on longer days. As I noted earlier on I only took one capsule and that seemed to give me enough boost of energy to help me get through work. I can't say my alertness or energy was anything crazy or overpowering.. It did seem that the effectiveness slowly went down after use however there was no crash. I'd say this would be best suited in a stack with a product like NooWave The Socialite or with a pre-workout with low stims.

----Value----
The cheapest value I found was on Amazon for $16.72 for 20 servings. Each serving (capsule) costs the user around .84 cents or $1.68 for 2 capsules if that's what you need. Depending on your usage the price isn't bad but its also not great. Only other website I found this on was at NooWave for a price of $19.99 but I also saw they offer a 15% discount.

----Conclusion----
Overall in conclusion this was just an ok product compared to other NooWave supplements I've reviewed in the past. Did it do everything to include: Increase alertness, energy and focus? Yes it did, however I was expecting a bit more. This would be best suited to use as part of a stack with a pre-workout with low stimulants or with a nootropic. Once again I appreciate NooWave Supplement Co for giving me this opportunity to review NooCaffeine.
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Better Focus
  • Better Alertness
  • Better Mood

----Introduction----
    A friend of mine used to be a rep for BPI and asked if I was interested in giving RoxyLean a run, being a part of the company's new product line. At the time I had just come off of a pretty successful bulking phase and I was looking to lean out some, so the timing seemed to be just right. Knowing BPI is a pretty reputable company and that I'd have to pay to get something like this somewhere else when I could just bum free samples off my good friend, I decided to give it a go. For those of you who haven't heard of it, it is a thermogenic that claims to burn fat by increasing your metabolic rate, regulate appetite and provide energy/focus throughout the day.

Thiamin (185mg)
    -Also known as Vitamin B1, Thiamin helps convert carbohydrates into glucose for the body to use as energy. In addition to carbs, B1 also helps the body metabolize fats and proteins.

Niacin (30mg)
    -In the body niacin, or B3, is also a catalyst for converting food into fuel. In this product the purpose of it would be to increase your metabolism rate (so your body burns more calories on its own) and to supply you with more energy like Thiamin. You'll find that these two are a fairly common ingredients listed in many weight loss products.

Now unfortunately RoxyLean does come with a loaded 510mg proprietary blend. The contents are as listed: Caffeine Anhydrous, Leon, Adhatoda (leaf), Yohimbe, Goldenseal(root), Salicin (root), Scutellaria baicalensis (root) and Rauwolfia (root). Because its a prop. blend the amounts of each are not listed individually, but BPI does claim that RoxyLean has as much caffeine as 3 cups of coffee.

B vitamins are also known to play an important role in immune function, especially when the body is under stress. That being said, its good to see thiamin and niacin in here because taking in that much caffeine every day can be stressful on the body.

----Taste/Mixability/Dosing----
    The recommended dose is one 725mg pill daily, and please believe me when I say YOU DO NOT NEED ANY MORE THAN ONE PILL A DAY. I'll get more into why in the effectiveness/side effect categories. But each pill is powder encompassed by a gel coating, I suppose you could cut it open and mix the powder with a drink of your choice if you want to avoid taking the full dosage. I didn't bother, so I can'y speak on the mixability potential. Be warned though, the pill itself does taste/smell awful. Doesn't necessarily leave a gross lingering taste in your mouth, but I'll say that you'll want to get it down the hatch quickly.

----Effectiveness----
    So there are two things that RoxyLean claims to do: One is that it promotes weight loss and the second is that it boosts energy levels. Ill go over the effectiveness of the product in each respect.

As for the immediate effects contributing to weight loss, I did notice that my appetite was suppressed when I took the product. Normally I'm starving by the time noon rolls around, but with RoxyLean there were days I'd push my lunch break back to 2:00 no problem. So if you're trying to take a shortcut to pack on lean muscle fast by bulking and taking RoxyLean at the same time to "trim away the fat", trust me you're not gonna be able to eat like you plan to.
    As for long term effectiveness, I took the product almost every day for 4 weeks and lost a total of 5 lbs in that time. I apologize that I don't have numbers for you, but I (and others) could tell that my body fat % had noticeably decreased. Very happy with the results

I gotta say I underestimated the energy boosting ability of RoxyLean the first time I took it. 30 minutes after taking it I was halfway through my morning coffee when it hit and WOW the jitters were real. Idiot me didn't realize there was already three coffees worth of caffeine in one pill. So, I gotta say the energy was definitely there. Kept me alert and focused throughout the day and really helped keep me from falling asleep in my classes lol. My overall productivity during the day certainly went up while on RoxyLean. I wasn't as drowsy/sleepy even after my workouts which was a plus. I have a pretty busy schedule most days of the week which can be pretty draining, so I was really happy with the boost of energy RoxyLean gave me. Best part was that I never really experienced a crash with it either. Don't know how that's possible with how much caffeine is packed in there but I wasn't gonna complain.

----Value----
    You can find RoxyLean on most sites retailing at $30.00 for 60 pills. At $0.50 per pill I'd say that's a pretty good value considering you'd have to pay 4-6x more for a Starbuck's coffee. So pushing the fat trimming ability claims aside, its a good deal for an energy boost if nothing else lol

----Side Effects----
    If you have a low caffeine tolerance, this probably is not the product for you. Mine's pretty high and I even got the jitters from it on occasion. When coffee or pre workout is taken within 8 hours or so of consuming RoxyLean or if the RoxyLean is taken on an empty stomach, I'd say you're guaranteed to get the jitters pretty bad. Keep in mind that caffeine is a diuretic, and with the amount that is in RoxyLean dehydration could be a potential side effect for some. Personally I didn't experience dehydration, but I was very conscious about my water intake while on the product. A lot of people won't care about this next side effect but for those of you concerned about looking pretty in the gym, RoxyLean WILL make you sweat a lot more. At least that's what I experienced. I suspect that the increased sweat can be attributed to the boost in metabolic rate from the product. Now for the side effect that really bugged me. RoxyLean caused some digestion issues for me since day 1. Had me running to the bathroom more frequently and most of the time wasn't very pleasant. I think that's about as far as I need to go there. The last warning I have about the RoxyLean is that it should always be taken in the morning. If taken later in the day it'll keep you up all night. (Could also be a good thing if you have lots of work/studying and need to pull all-nighters like myself...)

----Conclusion----
    Overall, I was pretty impressed with RoxyLean. Because I stay up very late working most nights, I was especially thrilled about the energy boost I was getting out of it, mostly because I didn't realize to what extent it would hit. However, this product is not ideal for everyone out there. If you have a low caffeine tolerance or suffer from anxiety, RoxyLean coud put you in a very uncomfortable spot for hours on end. Also, I think it's important to note the side effects again in the conclusion. While some of the side effects can be circumvented one way or another, the many of them (especially the bowel issues) made it very hard for me to continue the product daily as BPI recommends. All in all the results were good, just had to pay a bit of a price along the way.
    • Decrease In Body Fat
    • No Crash
    • Jitters
    • Bad Digestion
    • Increased Sweating
    • Restlessness

Basic Adult Multi (Haya Labs)
    kaka
    TROOPer Level: 5

----Introduction----
    (About yourself, 1-3 sentences maximum)
    Name is Kaka. I workout regularly 3-4 times a week. I stand at 6'1 and about 180 pounds and i am trying to bulk without gaining fat. I have tried many different supplements and i think i can give you my opinion about them. I was looking for a basic multivitamin and i tried this.

----Introduction----
    (About yourself, 1-3 sentences maximum)

----Ingredient Profile----
    Contains 100 capsules consisting of some Basic Vitamins (A,C,D,E) being on 100%-125% daily value along with Vitamin B Complex (Thiamine= B1, Riboflavin= B2, Niacin= B3, Pyrixoxine HCL= B6, Biotin= B7, Folic acid= B9 and Cyanocobalamin= B12) between 100% and 416% daily value expect Biotin on 17%. Next we have Calcium, Magnesium, Zinc, Copper and Selenium (8%-51% Daily Value). All these ingredients are great mainly for boosting your immune system and cover up any deficiency you may have. I have posted on this review a photo which you can look each ingredient you like.

----Taste/Mixability/Dosing----
    When you open the container you got a wonderful smell literally like Strawberry Yogurt, i would like to try this on whey protein lol. Tablets are tasteless (neutral) and small-sized. Very easy to swallow. No mixabily to mention because they are tablets. Dosing is just one tablet with a meal. I think that's great because many multivitamins suggest too many pills per serving. Just one and you are done.

----Effectiveness---- 9/10
    Why 9 on Effectiveness mister Kaka? Because while on this supplement i haven't got sick despite all my close relatives on home being. This is not the only reason i give this high rating. I was taking this while my town was on a transition from March to April with big temperature differences (10-15 Celsius to 20-25 Celsius pretty fast) and this was one of the most dangerous times to get sick for me because i usually get a flew on Spring and so far i haven't got sick. Another benefit is a slightly better digestion which is certainly a plus from a product which it's main purpose is to boost your immune system but don't expect this to give you energy it's just a basic multivitamin, which is suitable if you take this on the night. Just remember to take this with a good meal not just a small snack because your stomach will rumble.

----Value---- 9/10
    I bought this for 8 Euros (8.55 Dollars). It's a great value (0.08 Euros per serving).

----Conclusion----
    If you are looking a basic multivitamin this will do the trick for you. It provided me with a Immunity Boost, Slightly better digestion and has a Great Value. I am going to buy this again except i find something cheaper. My next reviews probably will be some products from MyProtein (Glucosamine Sulphate, Super Omega 3, Electrolyte Powder and some other stuff) along with Maltodextrin from Prozis.
     Pros:
     Cons:
    • Great Value
    • Immunity Boost
    • One Pill
    • Slightly Better Digestion

----Introduction----
      Hi guys, haven't posted a review in a long time so here it goes! I'm 35 and have recently competed in a Physique competition. I decided to use this product since i really like PES products. Used it during my last 2 weeks of prep, finished the tub a week after. At this point i'd like to mentioned that i stacked it with my pre workout "Out Lift " by Nutrex. Let's move on with the review.

----Ingredient Profile----

The ingredient profile of High Volume is interesting, as it is loaded with a good amount of NO ingredients. Was particularly interested to see whether it would make a difference or not since i haven't used Arginine Nitrate (NO3-T) before. It also contains L-Citrulline which according to PES:

"L-Citrulline is one of the best NO ingredients on the market, but it is constantly used at tiny serving sizes or in combination with L-malate...for no reason! L-Malate does not have any ability to increase NO.[..] The citrulline malate found in products is just a blend of L-Citrulline and L-Malate. That means, the 4 grams of L-Citrulline that is found in High Volume is equivalent to the citrulline content in 8 grams of citrulline malate!"

----Taste/Mixability/Dosing----

Flavor: I bought Cotton Candy flavor. A true 10/10. 'Nuff said.

Mixability: 10/10

Dosing: 2 scoops for a total of 14g 30 mins before working out. It stated that for peeps under 160lb, 1 scoop 30 mins prior and for those over 160lbs 1-2 scoops 30 mins prior.

----Effectiveness----
      Here's the part everyone's waiting to read:

I was a bit skeptical about it, in terms of whether it would actually work or not since i was in the final stages of prep and i was severely depleted. So i decided to use it for a workout or two and decide whether to keep using it or save for after the comp. As i mentioned above, i stacked it with my pre-workout. I know what you are going to say "how where you able to notice if it actually worked?". Well, i've been using my pre-workout for quite some time now and i know the effects it had on me. So any difference would be noticeable.

Now i must admit i didn't follow the instructions per se. When i bought it my weight was 70kg (154 lb) but i used 2 scoops because why not!

High Volume did what it was supposed to do. I noticed greater vascularity, veins were popping out from even the weirdest places (under my armpit for example!) and this is something that i didn't get before from my pre! My legs were more vascular too and i still managed to get some decent pumps on my arms, chest and shoulders (remember that i was 2 weeks out and depleted).

Now i'm in recovery diet (won 2nd place btw hahaha :D) and i've increased my carb intake. That + High volume = Freakin' awesome pumps and vascularity. Did an upper body workout yesterday and the pumps where sometimes a bit too much! Can't wait to try this again when i'm a massing phase!!!

----Value----
      I live in Europe so i bought it from Predator Nutrition for 32 (38 EURO or 41 USD). That's 38 Euros for 18 servings (2 scoops) which comes down to 2.1 Euros (or 2.27 USD) per serving. I admit that it is expensive and will only buy it again when i save enough money for 2 containers. It is worth it because it delivers but only if you can afford this "luxury".

----Conclusion----
      Overall a great NO product, probably the best NO product i've tried in years. Great taste, effective but expensive. Will definitely recommend it to anyone who can afford it. Chase the pump bros! :)
       Pros:
       Cons:
      • Great Pumps
      • Stim Free
      • Increases N.O.
      • Increases Vascularlity
      • Good Tasting
      • Long Lasting Pump
      • Cotton Candy: 10/10

----Introduction----
      I'm a powerlifter and an online coach. I train 4-5 days a week with fairly high intensity and volume (usually 2-3 intensity days and 2 volume days each week). I use a variety of supplements: protein, pre-workouts, nootropics, general health supplements, etc.

----Ingredient Profile----
      Elix1r does not have a lot of ingredients, but the ones it has are all good.

----Ingredient Profile----
      Elix1r does not have a lot of ingredients, but the ones it has are all good.

Bacopa Monnieri Extract (450mg) This is a nootropic that comes from traditional Indian medicine. It can reduce anxiety and improve memory, and unlike most nootropics, has shown to benefit young people as well (many nootropics have only been studied on the elderly or those with illnesses that can impact cognitive function). A standard dose is 300mg w/ 55% bacoside content. Elix1r has 450mg w/ 45% bacoside content, so it's a pretty good dose.

Caffeine Anhydrous (300mg). Pretty self-explanatory in my opinion. 300mg is plenty of energy for most people.

Sensoril (125mg). Sensoril is a trademarked form of ashwagandha, a very good adaptogen that also comes from traditional Indian medicine. It can reduce anxiety, cortisol, cholesterol, and increase power output to name a few benefits. I wish there was more Sensoril.

It's marketed as 8 times as strong as traditional ashwagandha, so 125mg should be the equivalent of 1000mg ashwagandha. That's enough to get some benefit, but I would love to see 250mg here. They are reformulating Elix1r, so maybe my dream will come true.

Galantamine 4mg- I had never seen this ingredient before. It's used to treat dementia and Alzheimers. It was also patented by the US Army as a treatment for nerve gas poisoning. I'm not sure how applicable this ingredient is to the average lifter, but it's interesting to say the least

Sensory Blend: ALCAR, Alpha-GPC, J. Regia (1.8g)- Unfortunately, this part is where the proprietary blend comes in. Olympus Labs is the only company that uses J. Regia extract and they always put it in a prop blend to try and disguise how they are using it (they also don't disclose the extract).

It's not too much of an issue here since they disclose the caffeine amount (they didn't in Conqu3r Unleashed). Even with the prop blend, I think that each ingredient is fairly dosed.

J. Regia is similar to DMHA (although not the same), so there's probably 100-200mg of that. This leaves 1.6g for ALCAR and Alpha GPC which is plenty for both. You want at least 500mg of ALCAR and at least 300mg of ALPHA GPC and there's enough for double of that.

I can only speculate as to how the ingredients are divided, but it looks like Olympus Labs didn't short change us on anything.

----Taste/Mixability/Dosing----

If you've seen my other reviews, then you know I've taken issue with OL's flavoring's in the past. Elix1r is their best tasting product in my opinion. I give their Majestic Red flavor an 8/10. It tastes like cinnamon candy.

The mixability is okay. There's a little residue on the bottom but most of it mixes in.

One dose is 2 scoops which is easy enough. I weigh out my supplements, and I noticed that I usually need more than 2 level scoops to get a serving. I need 3-4. I'm not sure if it was supposed to be a heaping scoop or not, but you may want to weigh it out to make sure you are getting the amount that you want.

One serving is 5.64g

----Effectiveness----

One word: Amazing! I had a great time with Elix1r, and I'm glad I grabbed 2 tubs cause the first one went fast. The energy was terrific. The focus was laser sharp. I usually used Elix1r pre-workout, and it was great for my harder workout days, e.g. squat day or deadlift day. The energy was long lasting 90 minute to 2 hour workouts were no problem and unlike DMHA, I never had a crash afterwards.

Elix1r builds up on you. I take it when I first get to the gym (after I weigh in) and maybe 20-25 minutes in I really start to feel it. This is perfect for me since I'm kind of slow on warming up, so the energy comes right when I need it to.

This is a nootropic, so there aren't any pump ingredients here, but it still makes for a great pre-workout. If you do want some pumps, just add a scoop of Noxygen or some bulk citrulline.

----Value----

Right now, Elix1r is cheap. If you get it from the Olympus Labs website, you can get it for $19 a tub using their springcleaning coupon. They are reformulating it (and re-flavoring their entire line), so I'm not sure how much longer they'll have this version, but I'm sure the next version will be just as good if not better.

The value is great. $19 for 30 servings.

----Conclusion----

What else can I say? I love Elix1r. It's a solid product at a great value, and I can't wait to see the new version of it when it comes out.
       Pros:
       Cons:
      • Great Focus
      • No Crash
      • Prop Blend
      • Majestic Red: 8/10

GlutaGen (RSP)
      Wis3guy
      TROOPer Level: 45

(Thanks to RSP for sending it out!)
      ----Introduction----
      Well hello again my SRreviews.com friends. I am a 45 (just turned) year old guy who is working on dropping fat and staying in shape. I try and train 4 to 5 days a week. During this run in the beginning I was lifting and hitting cardio. Towards the end I shifted into beachbody mode and started T25. I have taken some major life changes, (moving, relocating a business, etc). So I hoped that Glutagen would help in recovery so I could work out more. I also teach Martial arts 3 days a week. So I am busy just like the rest of you. A big thank you to the SRTrooper program and to RSP nutrition for allowing me to add this to my stack of recovery products. (I also started nutrabio's BCAA 5000 during this run)

----Ingredient Profile----
      The first listed ingredient is Niacin (as niacinamide) at 20mg. This has many listed uses, and is required for healthy cells. What I am not sure about is dosage, as if you are lacking niacin the dosage I found is 50mg and above. However this is found in eggs, fish, meat and etc... you get the picture? In my humble opinion most of us shouldn't be lacking this as long as we are eating healthy.

Vitamin b6 at 5mg, if you need more than by all means look at it. It is way under that max daily dose of 100mg, so it shouldn't hurt you and could help.

Magnesum 20mg. They have 3 versions in here and dosing is on the low end so I didn't really worry about it.

Glutagen Recovery Matrix 6000mg. This is the important part, as recovery is what I was looking for. The problem? One big proprietary blend.
      l-Glutamine, Taurine, L-leucine, L-valine, L-isoleucine, CopMax (creational-o-Phosphate), Bioperine.

Does anyone see an issue here, I do. L-Glutamine tends to be dosed at 5g per day, and Taurine between 500mg and 2000mg, oops we went over. We haven't even added the BCAA's that are in here. So although this product has a bunch of stuff, we are not sure if it has enough of the stuff it has, if you know what I mean. So for me this one comes down to a need for more clarity in the ingredient list. Drop the proprietary blend so I know what I am getting. It would make judging this supplement so much easier.

----Taste/Mixability/Dosing----
      I asked for the Orange flavor because I felt like it. I found it to be a rather light and pleasant taste. Nothing overpowering like tang or chemically like some other products.

I felt this mixed well in my shaker cup. I have the metal whisk ball in mine so I normally don't have issues. I also added some Emergen c in different flavors and found it all worked. I didn't notice any real issues. If I didn't shake it occasionally or let it sit too long it did have some settling.

Dosing is 1 scoop in 8 to 10oz of water after training or physical activity. For best results take on non training days as well. I followed that protocol as it is simple. On non training days I just mixed it in when I wanted a flavored drink.

----Effectiveness----
      So this is a tough one, because I have increased my training I know I should be a litter more sore. I was also on Nutra Bio's BCAA 5000 during this run. I did think that this helped, but I don't think it is the best product out their for recovery. I think if I would of used 2 scoops a day it would of helped more. I believe I got more out of EVL Helix BCAA or Nutra Bio's Intra Blast. If you are a smaller person this might work better for you as well.

The other thing I was impressed was the immune benefits. I thought I was doing really well, and normally when taking glutamine I don't get sick, so I figured I was good with what I am on. However right when I came off this, I got sick. Cough, cold, turned into pink eye, pretty much gave me a little over a week of pain in the butt. I don't know if I would of stayed on this if I wouldn't of got sick, but I thought I would mention it.

----Value----
      As of 4-21-2017 the prices I found are as follows.
      www.rspnutrition.com @ $36.99
      www.Bodybuilding.com @ $20.69
      This is for 40 servings which isn't really that bad. As I stated above if your under 200# maybe this is a better deal. However for that price I can get Intra blast (only 30 serv) but it has more stuff in it as well.

----Side Effects----
      I had no negative effects from this product during my run. It helped with recovery, but that is what it supposed to do.

----Conclusion----
      Overall I find the ingredients very interesting. Some people say you really don't need extra glutamine, or BCAA's for that matter. However I think those of us weekend warriors that want to "try" something also want to feel or see something for our hard earned money. I don't think that this is a bad product, I just think that their are better products on the market for recovery. So if you are going to market yourself as a "Glutamine recovery complex" you should look at your competition and then meet them or beat them. If you are a smaller person, (under 200#) I would say you could give this a try. This is however Bro science as I don't know that my size made the product less effective or not. As always I thank the company and the troopers for allowing me to give this a try. I look forward to seeing what else they come up with.
       Pros:
       Cons:
      • Enhanced Recovery
      • Immune Support
      • Underdosed
      • Orange: 7/10