Recent Reviews

BREACH (Redcon1)
bromine2122
TROOPer Level: 5

Introduction + Supplement facts
Huge thank you to RedCon1 for their support of the SR Troops and the program. This is my 3rd review for a product that is made by redcon1. So far the other product that I've tried worked really well. This review is on their BCAA called breach. Like the other redcon1 breach is another full label discloser so you know what you're putting into your body. That's another reason why I really like this company and how they are not shy away from hiding the amount for each ingredient that is listed for their products.
With breach you will get 5g of BCAA at 2.5g leuc...
Introduction + Supplement facts
With breach you will get 5g of BCAA at 2.5g leucine, 1.25g of isoleucine, 1.25g of valine. For the total of 5g. Then you get coconut water powder at 1g. Coconut water helps with potassium and it's also a great source for staying hydrated. Then you have glycerol 1g for those extra carb sources. Taurine 1g which is another essential amino acid. Breach also gives you a good source of electrolytes with potassium at 340mg along with sodium at 160mg. To help keep you muscles good and hydrated during you intense training sessions. Redcon1 did another great job making sure you the consumer knows what you are getting with this BCAA product.

Taste + Mixability + Dosing.
The flavor that I received was blueberry lemonade which tasted really good for a BCAA product. Hopefully they make a sour gummy bear flavor sometime in the future. Now I will say when you are mixing this it does get a little gritty. The only thing I could think of was from the coconut powder. But Other than that I didn't' have issues. Dosing was 1 scoop with 10 to 120z of water I usually mixed with a 33.8.z water bottle and it worked just fine.

Effectiveness 8.4/10
Once again Redcon1 delivered on another solid product. This time the product is there BCAAs breach. And unlike a seawall the breach will not you down. The recovery aspect of breach was solid each and every workout and deliver like a charm. My DOMS really decreased from workout to workout while taking this product. The extra boost of coconut water along with the extra electrolyte blend really made a difference during the hot humid days where I would normally get muscle fatigue and tired beach kept me in check just like a quality seawall would. For me the only thing that could make this product any better would be if it the InstaAminos which seem to be more effective. Breach was still a great amino product along with giving you the extra benefits of making sure they you stay hydrated during your lifts. The glycerol was also came in handy for my intense training seasons where I was doing more high volume weights but with lower reps and more sets. The extra energy boost that I got made me want to train at the gym for a longer period of time then I normally would. I work two jobs so on certain days I don't a lot of time to lift. These are usually my most intense and best lifts. But these are also the ones that are taxing on my muscles. But with breach the recovery time really made a difference to make sure my muscle were ready to go. Overall breach is a great product that adds a little more than just BCAAs.

Value 8.2/10
The cheapest place that I found once again was fastsupps.com where a 30 serving tub of breach is 31.99 which is a 1.06 per serving.

----Conclusion----
If you're looking for a great all around complete BCAA then breach is really worth a try. This is a product that I will be trying again in the future. You get a great combination of BCAA and electrolytes which means less DOMS and soreness in-between your workouts.
    • Blueberry lemonade: 10/10

BIG NOISE (Redcon1)
    bromine2122
    TROOPer Level: 5

Introduction + Supplement facts
    Huge thank you to RedCon1 for their support of the SR Troops and the program. I've tried some of the other products that recon1 makes and so far the results have been really good. I really like pump products so when big noise was put up on SR I wanted to give it a try. Big noise is a pump product that claims to give you killer pumps at the gym. Let's see what kind of N.O. product this is.
    Introduction + Supplement facts
    One of the great things that I really like about redcon1 is the fact that they do not use prop blends with any of their products. It' really nice to see the exact amount with regards of the ingredients that are listed. If you going to spend money on supplements at least know what and how much you are taking.
    The first ingredient that is in big noise will be Glycerol Monostearate at 3g which helps with increase absorption in the blood and tissues. Having glycerol in supplemental form will improve hydration and the absorption of other supplements that are taken with it. The end result is quicker delivery of nutrients when and where you need them and a prolonged "pump effect" during your workouts. Next you BetaPower - Betaine Anhydrous at 2.5g this stuff is really good it helps with increase strength pretty much means lift more weight. I've had pre-workouts with this in it and it has really help. Next you have Astragalus Membranaceus at 1g which helps with kidney function. Then you have Agmatine Sulfate at 1g this is another pump ingredient that's pretty standard in a lot of pre-workouts and pump products. L-Alpha Glycerylphosphorylcholine or Alpha-GPC why don't they just put that on the label. With big noise you get 300mg which is a really nice amount. I really like alpha-gpc I've had other products with alpha-gpc in it and the focus was really good. CPD Choline 250mg which is a nootroipc compound. Rhodiola Rosea Root Extract at 200mg which help with fatigue which really made a difference during my workouts. Finally you have Huperzine A at 200mcg which help me stay in the zone during my lifts.
    Taste + Mixability + Dosing.
    The flavor that I received was blueberry lemonade which was pretty tasty. Didn't have any issues with the mixability. Take 1 scoop 30mins before your workout with 8-10oz of water. I usually did more to make it taste better.

Effectiveness 8.8/10
    Redcon1 once again delivered on another high product big noise not only brought the noise but the pumps and focus. The N.O. experience from this was really good I would get tricep pumps during my workout which has never happen before. This would usually kick in after my first set because I don't count those they are just warmups. During my first set the pump effect would start to kick in during my lift. And the pumps didn't stop with my triceps all of my lifts I experience the same results. He was pretty amazing that's for sure I really liked the pump effects. Another aspect that I really liked about big noise was the nootropic side with this product. You get 2-in-1 with big noise first you get the pumps followed up with the nooropic side which was amazing. The alpha-gpc really made a difference with pushing me during my workouts. It also help get my a** in gear when I wasn't feeling it or if I was just straight tired. Every product that I have tried that contains alpha-gpc has always delivered for me. I have yet to have a bad experience with it. Plus redcon1 also added some huperzine a to help keep that intense focus while also getting s**t done in the gym. Big noise is one of the few N.O. products that help me push more weight at a higher volume while also helping me get s**t done. Overall if you are looking for pumps, branch warren type focus along with a pit-bull mentally big noise will get you there.

Value 8.0/10
    Prices vary from 30.99 to 38.99. But the cheapest place that I found was at fastsupps.com for 30.99 at 30 servings. Which is a 1.03 per serving.
    The pit-bull mentally

----Conclusion----
    If you in the market for an overall 2-in-1 pump and nootropic product then big noise has your back. This is great product that covers everything you need to get the job done. This is a product that I will be buying again.
     Pros:
     Cons:
    • Incresed PUMPS
    • Incresed Focus
    • -pitbull Mentally
      • Blue lemonade: 10/10

----Introduction----
      (About yourself, 1-3 sentences maximum)
      Name is Kaka. I workout regularly 3-4 times a week. I stand at 6'3 and about 180 pounds and i am trying to bulk without gaining fat. I have tried many different supplements and i think i can give you my opinion about them. I was looking for a protein cookie product and i tried this.

----Introduction----
      (About yourself, 1-3 sentences maximum)

----Ingredient Profile----
      For one cookie at 75 grams, it's filled with 320 calories, 10 grams of fat, 20 gram of carbs (7 grams of it is sugar), and 37.50 grams of protein. I have looked for other similar products and noone of them this big amount of protein. It's a great meal replacement and will help you with your macros. Protein sources are milk protein, hydrolyzed gelatin and soy. I am not a big fan of gelatin and soy and i certainly wouldn't want to consume them every day, which is the only downside of the ingredient profile.

----Taste/Mixability/Dosing----
      I had Double Chocolate Flavour just amazing guys, they nailed the taste for me. You will understand from the first time you eat this that this isn't a real cookie because the texture is a bit chewy (very little), despite that it is very soft, very chocolately and sweetness is on the proper amount (not too sweet). I always wanted to eat this any time of the day because it is so yummy. I mainly consuming this cookie mostly on the afternoons when i wasn't eating anything just to keep me full, as a meal replacement.

----Effectiveness---- 8.5/10
      First of all this product is pretty convenient way to get your daily protein, you can eat this everywhere you want with absolutely zero preparation. I just opened and ate this. It gave me some energy boost and kept me full for about 3-4 hours which is pretty amazing (before trying this, i was expecting about 1-2 hours). Digestion problems were non-existent, no stomach pain, bloatness wasn't there at all and it definetely helped me with my protein macros (great amount of protein). I wanted to eat more of them but i must control my evil urges.

----Value---- 7/10
      On the MyProtein website, 12 servings cost 23.49 Euros in my country (25.32 Dollars), but they offer some decent discounts sometimes. The best offer i have found is a 30% discount which drops the price to 16.44 Euros (17.72 Dollars). It's still pretty expensive for me (1.37 Euros per cookie).

----Conclusion----
      Very Convenient product, Big amount of Protein, Taste was amazing, No Digestion Problems and it helped me to suppress my appetite for a considerably fair amount of time but Soy and Gelatin kept me having second thoughts and it is Pretty Expensive. Remove Soy and Gelatin, lower the price to 1 Euro per serving i would certainly reconsider buying this.
      • Soft And Chewy

Total War (Redcon1)
      willyb87
      TROOPer Level: 61

----Introduction----
      Redcon1 has been littering my newsfeed on social media along with another new brand I will also be reviewing shortly, but I have been intrigued by them since looking into the products. Thanks to Redcon for sending out tons of products out to try to the TROOPers to try I was lucky enough to grab a couple and heres the 1st review...

----Ingredient Profile----
      Solid fully disclosed profile on this stuff, you have your beta alanine and taurine to help fight off muscle fatigue dosed adequately at 3.2 and 1 gram. Next you have caffeine at 250mg a nice spot for me as far as caffeine goes and then they add in a few other ingredients under that for stim and focus purposes too, nothing new or groundbreaking, but synergistically they all seem to work together very well. Lastly you have citrulline malate(6grams) and agmatine (1gram) or your pump and vascularity, the 1st of those I think is a little underdosed but that leaves a little room to stack with their pump product Big Noise(review to come later).

----Taste/Mixability/Dosing----
      I requested and received blue lemonade and it seems when it comes to some ingredient in these preworkouts my taste buds are effected differently than everyone else on here. I kept reading how great this taste and while it wasn't horrible I didn't think it was great, to me it had a strange aftertaste that was quite strong especially if you didn't use much water. It mixed great though and had very little sediment left over. Dosing is self explanatory like all pre's.

----Effectiveness----
      Its been awhile since I was completely and totally satisfied with a product on the energy and focus spectrum. There have been some good ones that did the trick well enough but Total War really made me lose track of time and just hit it hard everytime i walked into the gym. I found myself sweating buckets at the end of a 2 hour workout and still feeling like i could go back and do more. The focus was top notch i rarely removed my headphones and would just be zoned in to my next set staring in the mirror getting myself ready. What's even better is i rarely ever crashed, but i would not recommend this for ANY workout close to bedtime. The only let down for me was the claims of skin splitting pumps, and really its not that much of a let down. Bigger companies like this market their preworkouts between stim and nonstim/pump products for a reason $$ and i cant fault them for that. The pump was about the same as if i had just taken a pure stim product, there , but not pronounced or impressive.

----Value----
      At around $40 for 30 servings seems to be the going rate for above average preworkouts these days maybe a little high,but fair. If you stack this with their pump product which i will be doing for my review on*Big Noise* it could get overly pricey but alone this is a solid buy.

----Side Effects----
      insomnia if taken near bedtime

----Conclusion----
      A bravo to Redcon1 for putting out a quality preworkout, i look forward to the next few products I'm about to get underway with and hope that i am as impressed with them as i was with this.
       Pros:
       Cons:
      • No Proprietary Blends
      • Great Endurance
      • Great Dosages
      • -the John Rambo Effect
      • Extreme Focus
      • Can Cause Insomnia If Taken Close To Bedtime
      • Blue Lemonade: 6/10

(Thanks to Maven Labs for sending it out!)
      ----Introduction----
      First, thanks to Maven Labs for participating in the Troops program! I'm a long time non-sleeper, but rarely take anything to fight it. I'd been noticing a lot of sleep supplements being reviewed on here and when I saw this being offered by ML, I decided to give it a shot. I'm glad I did. With minimal side effects, I was pretty much guaranteed a good night's sleep with every dose.

----Ingredient Profile----
      Unwind has a long ingredient list, all with similar effects and backed by melatonin-something I'd bet most of us are familiar and experienced with. I'll run through them all here in brief, and cite what they're typically used for. All information is pulled from either WebMD or Examine.com. I've posted the label at the end as well.

Pyridoxine- (Vitamin B6) Required by the body in order to produce amino acids, carbohydrates, and lipids.
      Magnesium Glycinate- A sleep habit must-have is magnesium. If you eat like an average person, you're probably deficient. If you exercise regularly you would be hard pressed to have too much (but you can have too much). This will help your muscles relax, and without magnesium your body would be unable to create ATP (cellular level energy source).
      Taurine- Also good for relaxing muscles and reducing cramping, as well as improving blood flow and reducing muscle soreness
      Valerian Root Powder- Effective as a sleep aid, though some studies indicate prolonged use is required. Also, some indications of added benefits related to stress, anxiety, depression and adhd.
      Chamomile Powder- Usually affiliated with tea, but used for sleeping problems, upset stomach, and menstrual pain
      L-Theanine- A feel-good supplement. Effective for reducing stress levels, and acting as a sedative/relaxing agent.
      5-HTP- Most effective for treating depression, but also useful for reducing anxiety and possibly for reducing the symptoms of alcohol withdrawal.
      Lemon Balm Herb Powder- Possibly effective for reducing anxiety and stress, while reducing instances of insomnia.
      Hops Flower Powder- Most often used to treat insomnia
      Passion Flower Herb Powder- Typically used to treat insomnia, anxiety, and withdrawal symptoms
      Melatonin- Here's the powerhouse. Very effective for helping users sleep, and a common ingredient recognizable in most homes.

Obviously there's a common thread here-a lot of ingredients aimed at reducing stress and anxiety while promoting sleep, backed by the tried and true effects of melatonin (if all else fails?). What you end up with is a dynamic sleep aid that will help put you to bed and keep you there.

----Taste/Mixability/Dosing----
      Take 2 pills at night as a sleep aid, or 1 pill during the day to feel more calm and relaxed

----Effectiveness----
      I never took this as a day-time supplement because I always need to be on point and don't have time to relax, so I can't attest to the effects there.

As a sleep aid, it was very effective. Every time I took it I was out fairly quickly and had deep, dreamless sleep. In the morning it was a little tough to shake, and I did find myself getting up and running a bit slower than normal. The tradeoff is that once the cobwebs were gone, I felt great! The deep sleep helped me recover faster and have all the energy I needed to have a good gym session.

What I ultimately ended up doing was using this on the days where I didn't have important things going on in the morning, and avoiding it on the days that I did. This worked out great.

I didn't have any more trouble falling asleep on the nights I went without it, so there didn't seem to be any habit forming effects.

Despite morning grogginess, I had no trouble waking up in the middle of the night if my son (2 years old) woke up and yelled for me. I was a little worried about this because I didn't want to sleep through hearing him, but luckily no issue.

This was also added to my normal routine of fish oil and ZMA at bedtime, so I was getting an extra boost of magnesium. There didn't seem to be any negative interactions.

----Value----
      Here's a little ding for Maven Labs. This product is a bit expensive. The best price I found was $24.99, on sale from Amazon. That's $1.56 per serving, but you are getting a well-rounded product. For someone that needs a sleep aid it's worth the price. You really can't put a price tag on that.

----Side Effects----
      Some grogginess in the morning.

----Conclusion----
      Overall I'm happy I tried this, and I will probably continue to keep some on hand in case I am having trouble sleeping or need a guarantee of a solid rest, but I won't use it daily because it made me tired in the morning. For someone more used to melatonin this would probably be awesome. I'm just not a frequent user, and therefore I think I have more sides related to the effects wearing off slowly than someone who is. Thanks again to Maven Labs, nice job with this-definitely give it a shot if you're on the market for a sleep aid.
       Pros:
       Cons:
      • Deep Sleep
      • Helped With Recovery
      • Able To Wake Up If Needed
      • Grogginess

BIG NOISE (Redcon1)
      Momo1
      TROOPer Level: 58

What's up SR family! I would like to share my experience with Big Noise from Recon1. I would like to thank my job and my paycheck for the opportunity to purchase Big Nosie. I decided to start taking less stim when working out in the evening, so I found myself just using a half of serving of my pre-workout, which I was not getting that normal power and endurance. I was in search of a non-stim product to either take by itself or stack with my half serving; I found Big Nosie!

----Ingredient Profile----

As with all Recon1 products, Big Nosie is fully disclosed; which we at SR really appreciate! Big Nosie comes with a number of goodies that helps your pumps at the gym make and stay focus with Big Noise:

Agmatine Sulfate - There is 1 grams, which is the ideal dose; this helps with pumps and recovery.

Glycerol Monostearate - There is 3 grams, which this is used helps to enhance the effects of other supplements and improving the absorption of the other ingredients in Big Noise or whatever pre-workout one decides to stack with.

Alpha-GPC - There is 300 mg, which is used as a Nootropic agent; not too many pump products on the market are using Nootropic in their products.

Huperzine-A - There is 200 mcg, which yet again, it is used as a Nootropic agent; it is designated as a "learning" Nootropic.

Taste - I bought the Strawberry Kiwi flavor, which was not bad and no overly sweet for me.

Mix - Big Noise mixes well, just a little foaming, which settles down within 30 sec after you shake the hell out of it!

Dosing - Take once scoop prior to hitting the gym

----Effectiveness----

Did the gym here the "Big Nosie?" For me, yes it did! I used Big Nosie in 2 different ways, by itself and stacked with a pre-workout. When I took it by itself, the pumps were strong on my arms and shoulders; I did receive some energy from the 200 mg of Rhodiola Rosea Root that Big Noise comes with. In my opinion, Big Nosie as a standalone energy product, it did not get me through a heavy set; however, for cardio and a small body parts, perfect.

When I took Big Noise stacked with a pre-workout, wow that is when I felt the pump strong. Of course, I tried Big Nosie with different pre-workouts and depending on the brand I was using, the intensity of the pumps were different. The best pumps I received were when I stacked it with a sample of Recon1 Total War, Pre from Nutrobio, and any pre-workout that contains DMAA; I will not mention other brands that were not a good stack. The pumps when stacking with a pre-workout were off the chain, all of my bodies parts were pumps; even my calves were pumps and could not do a high incline on the treadmill. As for a poor man's Viagra "My apologies to our female SR members", all I have to say is BOOM!

In addition to the great pumps, the focus on Big Noise; due to the Nootropic agents, I noticed that I was more focused and less distracted by the hot babe doing Roman Deadlifts in yoga pants Oh my!

Value - There are 30 servings in Big Noise, the lowest I found it for was about $31.00, which is not a bad deal. I was able to get a killer deal on A1-Supplements, buy one get one free, which I believe they are still running the promo.

Sides - None to speak of

----Conclusion----

At the end of the day, Big Noise worked great for me, as always, not everyone will have the same effect with any supplement currently in the market. In my opinion, Recon1 has become a player in the supplement world and if they continue to release great products like Big Noise, watch out other companies. If you want to take your pre-workout to another level or just want to walk around pumped for the day, then give Big Noise a try.
       Pros:
       Cons:
      • Incresed PUMPS
      • Incresed Focus

----Introduction----

Hello friends, just like many other lifters whey protein is a staple in my diet. I consume at least 2 servings of whey protein a day, and please read on to hear about my unique experience with Catalyst Whey Protein.

----Ingredient Profile----

This product is mainly comprised of a 3:1 blend of whey isolate to whey protein concentrate. both forms of protein are used to build muscle as help the body recover/repair damage/strained muscles. (whey protein is considered a more pure form of protein).

Grass Fed: This aspect pertains to the ethics that surround the raising o...

----Ingredient Profile----

Grass Fed: This aspect pertains to the ethics that surround the raising of the cow(which whey derives from). Grass Fed cow implies that this animal was in ideal living conditions and was not subjected to the confines of a cage or abuse.

----Taste/Mixability/Dosing----

Taste: This is one of the greatest factors that is going to separate this product from everything else on the market. I had the Belgian Chocolate and by no means am i exaggerating when I say that it was extremely delicious and one of the best tasting protein flavors I have ever consumed. Anyone who has taking tubs and tubs of protein knows that there is a "powdery" or "chalky" taste whether large or small it is usually apparent, and we all know this. However, this Belgian Chocolate taste like chocolate that has been melted over a pan and squeezed into your shake. It is rich in flavor and it does not give off that sugary/overwhelmingly sweet taste. 9.5/10

Mixability: Throw it in your oatmeal, milk, water, and it will mix with ease. no issues here, no junks, no foam.

Dosing: 1 scoop/ 30 servings per container.

----Effectiveness----

It is difficult to assess if a protein powder is a single cause for the multitude of factors that also need to be considered if we were to evaluate one's muscle/strength increases. Without diving too deep, I maintained consuming this protein and as I am currently bulking I have gradually seen some mass and strength gains. Whether this protein cause this progression I can not say, but merely I am stating my experience.

----Value----

This protein runs for $35.99. I do believe this price tag is slightly on the higher side. I do not want this price tag to deter anyone from trying this and experiencing for the first time in their lifting career what a gourmet protein shake is like..also keep in my that grass fed animals do cost more to sustain as reflected by the large price tag.

----Side Effects----

No observed side effects.

----Conclusion----

Catalyst is an protein that will standout because of its indulging flavor and its mindfulness towards only proving whey protein from Grass Fed animals. In addition, this protein uses a higher concentration of whey protein isolate as compared to many of its counterparts which are more abundant in whey protein concentrate. The price tag of 35.99 is slightly above what one would find fit for their budget, but once one weighs the nobility in using grass fed protein, the cost of the more refined protein isolate, and the pleasantness ensured through their flavors, one can be certain if this protein is right for them.
         Pros:
         Cons:
        • Lower In Sodium
        • Grass Fed Sources
        • Great Tasting
        • Slightly Expensive
        • Belgian Chocolate: 10/10

----Introduction----

I'm a competing powerlifer, who is cutting down to the 84kg weight class- just made weight last week. I train 5-6 days a week with two high volume days and three intensity days (one for each of my three main lifts).

I've been cutting at 1-2lbs/week and go through a lot of shakes to keep my protein count up and calories down. I drank this product for the most part, but I also used it to make whey peanut butter cups and protein bars.

----Ingredient Profile----

There are relatively few ingredients in this protein powder. It's got whey isolate and concentrate. It doesn't state the amounts of each, but the isolate is listed first and the cholesterol is pretty low (20mg), so my guess is there's more isolate than concentrate. It's sweetened with stevia, has some dextrose, natural and artificial flavors, and is colored with beet juice powder.

Macros:

This is a pretty lean product. It's 110 cals per scoop, 1/2 gram of fat, 3 grams carbs (1g sugar), and 24g of protein per 30g scoop.

----Taste/Mixability/Dosing----

The taste gets a 7 from me. The initial taste reminded me of Swiss Miss, which brought some pleasant childhood nostalgia for me, but there was this aftertaste that was bitter, which took away some points.

The bitterness wasn't there with every sip, but once you noticed it, it didn't go away until I rinsed out my mouth with water or something. I think it's the stevia, which I've heard can give a bitter aftertaste. I don't use it, so I wouldn't know for sure. If you already use/like stevia, then it may not bother you at all.

This was only a problem when I was drinking the product. When I used it to make the peanut butter cups or protein bars, there were other components mixed in, peanut butter, sugar, etc, so I didn't taste any bitterness. It also cooks well, so if you like making protein desserts, that's a plus.

I found that the product mixed well. I usually use a blender, but I did test the product with a shaker bottle a few times, and I didn't have any clumping issues.

In terms of dosing, I think 1 scoop is a good dose. There's some debate as to how much whey you need to optimize muscle protein synthesis. Some people say 20g is enough. Others say a higher amount is better. 24-25g is about as much as you can expect in a 31g scoop, so I think Catalyst did well here. Also, if you add a cup of skim milk, that brings you to 32g of high quality protein in 190 calories, which is pretty great for cutting (or if you just want your calories to go elsewhere).

----Effectiveness----

When I drank the protein, I'd use a scoop post workout. I found that my recovery went pretty well through out the past month (I'm eating 1g/lb LBM in protein), but whey is whey. It's hard for me to say that 1 protein powder is more or less effective than another.

----Value----

This is a grass fed whey which will cost more than your ordinary protein powders, so I compared Catalyst to other grass fed products I found online to try and assess its value.

I've seen grass fed whey products range from $11/lb to $26/lb, so there's a lot of variety there. The best deal I found for Catalyst was a 2lb tub AND their preworkout for $23 (at Supplement Hunt), so that's a pretty fair deal even if you don't care for the pre-workout.

It's also NSF certified, which is a plus if you're a drug-tested athlete and are concerned about the potential for cross contamination with a prohibited supplement.

----Side Effects----

No side effects here. I'm not lactose intolerant, nor do I have any food allergies. If you have any food allergies, you should know that there is an allergen warning on the product.

"This product was produced in a facility that may also process ingredients containing milk, eggs, fish, shellfish, tree nuts, peanuts, wheat, and soybeans."

----Conclusion----

I think there are some pretty good things going for this product: a really decent price considering that it's grass fed, macros that are pretty good if you're cutting, works well in desserts, and is NSF certified. but the bitterness kept me from getting excited about drinking it. I think it's worth considering if you want a grass fed product or are avoiding artificial colors or want a stevia sweetened product, but I would rather go with something less bitter.
         Pros:
         Cons:
        • Lower In Sodium
        • Grass Fed Sources
        • NSF Certified
        • Low Fat And Carb Profile
        • Bitter Aftertaste
        • Belgian Chocolate: 7/10

----Introduction----
        First, thanks to Strength.com for participating in the Troops program here. I was very excited to try this protein because it looked to be very high quality and seemed very clean coming from grass fed cows and being hormone free with very few ingredients. Usually my daily protein is the MyProtein Impact Whey, and I found this to be on par in many respects, while not as good in others. This will be a shorter review overall, since the protein itself is very straight forward and basic-- which is also one of the things that makes it great. But, there's just not a heck of a lot to cover.

----Ingredient Profile----
        Very straight forward, per serving you get:
        24g of protein, in 110 calories, with 2g sugar, 1g fiber, 3g carbs, 20mg cholesterol, and .5g of fat-- along with 116mg of calcium, and a trace of iron (.83mg).

Sweetened with Stevia, and also contains dextrose-- both "natural" sweeteners

This contains 25% more protein per serving than my usual MP brand, and 10 more calories. Nearly identical besides that.

----Taste/Mixability/Dosing----
        I requested and received Vanilla, as that's what I usually buy myself and figured it would be best to take that for comparison on taste.

The protein mixed well overall. In a morning shake using a blender it didn't stick to the sides quite as much as my normal protein, and had no chunks. After lifting I'd mix this with a spoon in some water and that was a little tougher. If I used the side of the spoon to break up the big chunks I was eventually able to mix it well enough that I wouldn't feel any chunks while drinking it, but I never got it quite perfect-- but I've also yet to meet the protein that I have!!

As far as taste, this is where I was most disappointed. I don't usually buy things sweetened with Stevia, and I think I'll continue to avoid it. Every time I drank this, it tasted great up-front but finished with this sort of bitterness that was really unpleasant and lingered. If you're used to Stevia, maybe it won't be a problem. For me as someone who isn't, it was. It made it difficult to finish.

----Effectiveness----
        Effectiveness was good. There was no increase in DOMS after switching over, and maybe even a slight improvement. I was getting more protein per serving, and it was fueling me up without weighing me down. It's so protein rich, with so little content besides that, this is exactly what I'd expect. I felt great every time after drinking it.

I also appreciated that the scoop was clear. Maybe minor, but I always worry there are voids in the scoop when I mix my protein. No need to worry about that here though!

----Value----
        Catalyst is too expensive. The best price I found online was $44.99 from their own website. For 30 servings, that's $1.50 each. When you're taking multiple servings throughout the day, it adds up quick and runs out fast.

----Conclusion----
        Overall I think this is a quality product, and I think my lack of exposure to Stevia in general is the reason I had an issue with the taste. If it's something you're used to eating, you'd probably love this stuff. I do think they need to get the price down though, and I would love to see them release a different sweetener option. Thanks again to Strength and give this a shot if you're looking for a nice clean protein with natural ingredients!
         Pros:
         Cons:
        • Grass Fed Sources
        • Bitter Aftertaste
        • Natural vanilla: 7/10

(Thanks to VMI Sports Nutrition for sending it out!)
        ----Introduction----

Here I go, back for another review! I've been on a pretty good role lately of being satisfied with new supplements. Arima-XD continued this trend, performing as I'd expect. It also helped my body not get out of control during a vacation, which was great, because I don't usually do too well on vacations (tending to return home a little more "rotund" if you will). As usual, thanks to VMI Sports and the TROOP program for getting another quality product sent to my mailbox! As a note, this can be used for PCT, but I was using it standalone.

Wit...

----Ingredient Profile----

With Arima-XD, we sort of have 50% disclosure and 50% prop blend. The first ingredient listed is Vitamin E at 30IU. This is pretty much dead on for a recommended daily intake of Vitamin E. Next up is the E.D.M. No, not the crazy music, but the Estrogen Destroyer Matrix. It includes the following:

350mg of Calcium-D-Glucarate: There is a lot you can read about this, but it is known to reduce estrogen level in pet rats, among many other possible benefits. It also seems possible that it could reduce testosterone, but that one was not well proven. My one issue with this ingredient though, is that 350mg/day seems hugely underdosed based on the studies I read. Regardless though, it is supposed to be a good anti-estrogen ingredient.

150mg of Diindolylmethane (DIM): This is probably the key player in the E.D.M, as we have seen it before in other AI's. I have always responded well to it. Properly dosed, it provides strong anti-estrogenic effects and inhibits the aromatose enzyme.

Indole-3-Carbinol: I did a lot of searching and reading about this one. Everything I could come up with talked about anti-cancer effects. I even read reviews from people who had beat cancer and were now supplementing with this. I finally found one article that talked about how Indole-3-Carbinol is converted into DIM (the ingredient above) once it enters the gut. I guess that would explain its use in this supplement. Dosing seems about right at 150mg, possibly a little on the lower side.

The AEI (Aromatose Enzyme Inhibitor) blend consists of 5,7-Dihydroxyflavone (as Chrysin). I looked this up on examine.com and found the info kind of surprising. It apparently is an effective testosterone booster, but only when injected directly into your berries. The absorption properties of it have come up extremely poor. The other two ingredients in the blend are Panax Notoginseng and Astragin. Astragin is anti-inflammatory and honestly, I don't know what the Panax Notoginseng is really for.

Overall it's a decent profile, but I think some of these ingredients were thrown in here to make it look more complex then it really needs to be. The E.D.M. is the powerhouse of the profile, and more specifically, the DIM.

----Taste/Mixability/Dosing----

This is where this review gets very interesting, at least for me. Arima-XD comes in capsules, which you are supposed to dose at 2/day. Now when I read other people's reviews and even checked out the VMI website, the dosing instructions were pretty much 2/day before your last meal or before bed. I saw all this after I finished my bottle, and it left me scratching my head a little bit. On my bottle, which I am holding in front of me as I write this review, the directions state the following; "Take 2 capsules, once per day prior to food/meal, on an empty stomach. Take each serving near or around the same time each day." Now this being an AI, maybe I should've known to take it at night when cortisol is high, but when I read these instructions, I immediately thought morning time upon waking. Empty stomach, and easy to keep consistent as the directions say. I'm wondering why my instructions seem to differ from everything else I have read regarding this product. Maybe it would have been even more effective at night? I might never know.

----Effectiveness----

I'm going to keep this section short and to the point. The product did what it said it would. I have used AI's in the past, and responded well to them. This one was no different. It didn't blow me away, it just worked. First off, libido was definitely lifted to above average. It was evident, I don't need to go into any more detail with that. One of the biggest things I noticed while using Arima-XD was vascularity. I'm not very "veiny" (probably because my BF % is higher than it should be, but that's neither here nor there), but I was definitely noticing some veins, especially around my shoulders while I was using. I would consider that a good sign of effectiveness for an AI product. I was also much less lethargic. I do shift work, so my schedule is all over the place. I also have three kids now, yes three, and they are all boys. 5, 4 and 10 months. Yup, I'm living the crazy life right now. Less estrogen equaled more energy for me. While on vacation, which usually means I get fatter, I managed to keep my figure in check during a few days of bad dieting. I attribute this to Arima-XD at least in some part. I have been on enough vacations to know what usually happens.

----Value----

33 bucks on Amazon for a 30 day supply of Arima-XD. I think that is good value for what you get.

----Side Effects----

None at all. No aches or dryness or anything.

----Conclusion----

Well overall I liked this product. If I could go back in time, or use another bottle, I'd definitely try dosing it before bed on an empty stomach. It makes sense. Still not sure why my instructions differed from the rest. But what can you do? It worked, it's packaged nicely, and I'll be on the lookout for it during supplement sale seasons for sure. I did not see a reason to attach any pictures as others have already posted the label. Thanks again to VMI for sending it out! Go bruins. Go Celtics.
         Pros:
         Cons:
        • Increased Libido
        • Improved Vascularity