Recent Reviews

PRE Extreme (NutraBio)
Gdolce42
TROOPer Level: 29

Thanks to NutraBio for sending it out!

Hey all, this is my second review of the three Nutrabio Products I have received, and once again the company didn't disappoint. This PW is one of the better that I have received while being a TROOP at SR.com. There are many reasons I think this which I will outline in one way or another throughout the review. Once again the company provides a great full disclosure label with a lot of great ingredients that work for me.

Athletic Endurance and Performance Complex (8.5g)
L-Citrulline (6g)- Even though citrullin turns into L-arginine in the bo...

Athletic Endurance and Performance Complex (8.5g)
L-Citrulline (6g)- Even though citrullin turns into L-arginine in the body, L-citrulline supplementation is more effective at increasing L-arginine levels in the body than just normal L-arginine supplementation. This supplement helps reduce fatigue and improve endurance for both aerobic and anaerobic exercises. This means that it may be helpful for those looking to get energy during their cardio workouts as well as resistance training.
Beta-Alanine (2.5g)- this is correctly labeled under the "endurance and performance" section for two reasons. Beta-alanine is responsible for improving your endurance and allows you to perform those extra reps you desire. Beta-alanine may also help reduce lactic acid buildup during exercise.

ATP Power,, Strength, and Recovery Process (9g)
L-Leucine (3.5g) - an mTOR activator and can directly stimulate muscle protein synthesis. This AA has also been said to slow down muscle breakdown.
Evidence suggests that this needs to be supplemented with other essential AA to work properly (who would have guessed that!!)

Betaine Anhydrous (2.5) - betaine performs methylation of the amino acid homocysteine to form methionine. Methionine is important in the body's
synthesis of creatine. This may be one way that betaine boosts muscle strength and size by increasing creatine production in the body.
Methionine also plays an important role in muscle protein synthesis. By having more methionine available for this process, protein synthesis is ramped
up, and therefore so is the potential for muscle growth and strength gains **

Creatine Monohydrate (2g) - this creatine type is being used more and more by weight lifters because of it associated benefits of building lean muscle
mass, increasing strength, and improving performance.

Creatine HCL (1g) - The main difference between the types of creatine is their aqueous solubility and cell permeability. According to different sites
(bodybuilding.com and T-nation.com) creatine HCL has a aqueous solubility score of about 39 which means that it mixes and absorbs better and faster.
It has many of the same benefits just apparently to a greater extent (at least that's what some evidence states): increased strength, increased fat loss,
improved recovery and performance.

** - Derived from Bodybuilding.com

Taste was pretty good. I got the green apple flavor and it definitely was something I didn't have trouble drinking. It mixed well in my shaker cup with 10-14 oz of water. In one tub of the this PW you get 20 servings. The serving scoop is rather large of 27.2 g,, which was not really a problem for me.

8.5/10 - This product really worked for me. For anyone who has read some of my other reviews for PW they will know that I appreciate beta-alanine and not caffeine based products. I usually took this about 30-45 mins before I hit the gym to allow it to get the full effect. I usually start my workouts with a cardio warm up and then went into my routine. I can say I had GREAT workouts consistently when taking this product. I was able to lift longer completing my full routine every time. Most days I have enough energy to continue a cardio session after my workout, which has been as of lately. I was able to lift my normal heavy weight without breaking down (although I contribute that mostly to the Nutrabio recovery which I will also be reviewing soon). I finally had that focused energy throughout my body instead of just getting a head rush as many caffeine based products give me. Most intermediate-advanced lifters will know the difference between between a PW that makes you wanna just lift everything and ones that get you to the gym, but don't give you that punch. This PW gives that punch!

On bodybuilding.com, Nutrabio.com and amazon.com you can get a 20lb tub for $37.99 which is on the high/normal for PW.

Side Effects

Some possible diarrhea in the beginning, but goes away after tolerance increases.

Conclusion

Overall this is a good PW product for those looking to get to the gym after work or even before work to get you ready to lift. The only thing I will say is that you need to wait a little bit before the product takes its' full effect, but that is something most people can easily manage. This PW improved my endurance and intensity in the gym as well as made me excited to lift everyday instead of just feeling like I was there. Nothing is worse than getting to the gym and your body doesn't follow your mind. THIS WILL GET YOU PAST THAT. I would definitely buy this product again once I start work in July because I know I can trust this product after a long day. If anyone had other experiences with this product let me know I am curious if other people liked it as much as I did.

Live Happy, Live Healthy
G.D.
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Great Formula
  • Appropriate Amounts Of Ingredients
  • Great Endurance
  • No Proprietary Blends
  • Full Disclosure Label
  • Needs More Servings
  • GI Issues
  • Green apple: 8/10

PRE Extreme (NutraBio)

Thanks to NutraBio for sending it out!

Alas, another NutraBio review. This company has been killing it lately not only of here, but growing as a whole and branching out to multiple websites. I recently took their PRE Extreme preworkout in the raspberry lemonade flavor and once again, it did not disappoint. Thanks again to NB for the opportunity to review one of their products!

With NutraBio you already know you are getting a fully disclosed label, they're known for it at this point. There are a ton of ingredients in this and multiple in depth reviews on them already, so i am just going to touch on what I feel is important. First, I liked the fact that this came with 15g of carbs. I tend to consume more carbs the morning of a lift so I just liked that drinking this helped me consume some before the gym. My favorite aspect of Extreme was the Focus and Drive Stimulaiton Complex (1.9g). I'll dive into this more in the effectiveness section, and you'll see why. This is where you will get your 350mg of caffeine, a staple in most stimulate PWO's. You also get 4mg of Yohimbine here, so be mindful because some people cannot handle this, even though it is just 4mg. I was also I fan of the Electrolyte and Hydration Optimizer, even though I drink 4-6L of water a day, this was an added bonus of taking PRE. This is also loaded with your B and C vitamins as well.

Taste: Exactly what you would expect for a raspberry lemonade flavor. It had a sweet taste to it but not overbearing. I actually enjoyed drinking it unlike many other products I have had in the past where I have to chug it and pray.

Mixability: Alright, so this area actually chocked me a little bit. The scoop in this tub is massive, bigger than any PWO scoop I've ever had in the past. When you dump it into your shaker, it doesn't even sink to the bottom, its just a huge clump of powder sitting atop your water. After stirring it around with spoon for a few seconds, it actually dissolves very nicely. Very little foaming on top. The only residue leftover in the shaker accumulated on the side of the cup. Throw another splash of water in there and you're good to go.

Dosing: I dosed this at 1 scoop per 12oz of water 20 minutes prior to lifting. so basically, I drank my PWO, drove to the gym, changed, and it would start to kick in during my warmup.

PRE Extreme delivered, as I expected it too. Some areas of this PWO stood out more than others, which I will get into. First off, my focus was through the roof. Complete tunnel vision. I actually stopped listening to music while taking this and still had the extreme focus. Secondly, my energy was through the roof. I was completing my workouts and still had a lot of gas left in the tank. I would wind up doing multiple supersets to try and burn off this effect after completing my initial workout, but even after that I was still good to go. I never became tired while taking this, I could go in the gym for hours, it was scary. What I did not experience while taking PRE Extreme were face tingles, or any tingles. Some people look for that in a PWO, I don't mind whether it is there or not, but you will not find it within this product. I also did not experience any increased vascularity or pumps.

This is where this product takes a little dive for me. It contains 20 servings per tub for $43, which equates to $2.15 per serving. That's a little hefty for my taste. Granted, it does work and you know exactly what you're getting in each scoop of PRE Extreme.

Side Effects

Not a huge side effect, but worth mentioning. After completing my workout, on my 3 minutes drive home I would begin to get cold sweats/chills and goosebumps. It's summer weather out, hot. I accredit this to the 4mg of Yohimbine. I've had products containing Yohimbine in it for years and it never bothered me. These chills lasted for 20 minutes tops, then they went away and I was fine. Like I said, nothing crazy, but just wanted to note this for those who may be sensitive to Yohimbine.

Conclusion

I enjoyed taking PRE and love NB, but for 20 servings at $43, I can't justify picking this up regularly. The effects were awesome, but after awhile of taking this, I feel like I would never be able to leave the gym, that's how good it works. If it was more affordable (it may be for others), I wouldn't hesitate to pick this up again.
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Great Formula
  • No Proprietary Blends
  • Needs More Servings
  • Kept Me Up Some Nights
  • Raspberry Lemonade: 7/10

Thanks to Raw Iron Performance for sending it out!
What's up ladies and gents! I wanted to review Raw Iron Performance's (RIP) preworkout called Evolve. First, let me say thank you to Raw Iron Performance and SR.com for giving the small people like me the chance to try these products. I really appreciate it. I have become a pretty regular preworkout taker over the years. Every once in awhile I give myself a few weeks off to try and reset my central nervous system. I took a few weeks off of taking it and so I was excited to try Evolve when I saw it was available to try.

I am always pretty stoked when I see a p...

I am always pretty stoked when I see a product that lists its ingredients individually rather than as a prop blend. Evolve does just this. I enjoy knowing exactly what I'm putting in my body so that I know what I am supposed to expect. Over the last few years I cannot remember buying a preworkout that was a prop blend. Kudos to RIP for doing this.

If you're reading this you probably know what to expect from ingredients like Citruline Maleate(6g's), caffeine(300mg's), Beta Alanine(2.5g's), and agmatine sulfate(1g). If you don't then definitely look them up and you will begin to see why people enjoy a certain amount of each of these in their preworkouts.

I usually use this section to tell you about ingredients that you and I may not know about.

Choline Bitarirate is a brain supplement than can help almost everyone get more out of their brain. It is a natural nutrient that is already found within our body and even is produced internally, although on a very limited basis. It is found in a number of different food sources like eggs, meat, fish, peanuts, broccoli, and other foods. Choline Bitartrate is simply Choline combined with a chemical salt to help its absorption. Within the brain, this nutrient supports nerve development and the growth and production of cell membranes. It also actually repairs old and worn out cell membranes, helping them to continue functioning properly. The FDA has established the recommended dosage of Choline at 550 mg for men each day and for women is 425 mg daily. As you can see by the label you get 1g per serving so on the days you take this you are getting more than enough which studies show is ok. Some sites even say you can take as much as 3g's per day with no side effects.

Beet Root Extract- Beets are used along with medications in the treatment of liver diseases and fatty liver. They are also used to help lower levels of triglycerides (a type of fat) in the blood, lower blood pressure, and to improve athletic performance.

Orchilean, also known as Cymbidium Goeringii Extract is an adaptogenic herb derived from the Noble orchid a flowering plant used in traditional medicine in China, Nepal and Northern India. In it's natural form Cymbidium Goeringii is a botanical tonic that can greatly improve the body's ability to increase energy levels and adapt to stress. You put your body under a lot of stress while working out so it would only seem natural to take have a supplement in your preworkout that would help your body deal with the stress you are putting it under. Orchilean works to help the body adapt to various stressful challenges such as those during high intensity training or environmental stressors including pollutants and toxins.

Kegilia Africanus Extract- This one I had no clue about so I had to look up some things on it. According to some websites I looked at is seems as if it is an extract of African plant commonly known as the sausage tree. The research on this ingredient is limited, but it does appear to have skin-soothing and antioxidant properties. If my preworkout wants to help my skin as well then I'm all for it. :)

So there is some information for you on some ingredients you probably aren't to familiar with that just happen to be in this particular preworkout.

Taste- Taste was good to me. Just saw one flavor and that was the one I received raspberry lemonade. It's actually one of the better tasting preworkouts I've had. Mixing was not an issue I would throw in a scoop of creatine and it mixed about as well as I could've expected considering creatine doesn't really mix well with anything. When I mixed it by itself it didn't seem to have any grittiness or "frothiness" at the top either. Dosing is pretty standard as well. If you are stim sensitive start with a 1/2 scoop. If you aren't go for the full dose of 1 scoop.

The first few times I took it I felt like I couldn't stop talking to people. I had jitters like crazy but I like that. If that's not your thing then you might want to consider the 1/2 scoop option. Once I got into the workout I was able to focus and go hard and get through some grueling workouts. The first couple of weeks I felt like I was dragging towards the end of my workouts. However, once I started taking Evolve I had the energy I needed during and even after my workouts. Not going to lie thought, those first 5-10 minutes in the gym I felt like I wanted to talk to everyone and that's not really my style. I like to get in and get done. I can't knock the product for this though. I learned to control it and it was fine. Just giving you a warning. The other noticeable thing with Evolve is the pump I received. It was exactly what I expected with 6g's of Cit Mal in it. I always enjoy a good solid pump. It's a big motivator to me while in the gym. While taking this I started a high rep workout program so that definitely helped the pump as well. So overall, the energy was great, the pump was great, and I didn't really crash like I have with other products.

$37.99 for 25 servings is where it gets me though. I like Evolve. If I was out in the market for a PWO though I might be more prone to pickup some Outlift or others instead of Evolve. If they were to drop the price to around $30 for 25 servings I could see myself picking up another bottle. I don't like paying $1.50/serving for anything if I don't have to. Not saying I wouldn't but I would try to catch a deal on this.

Side Effects

Didn't notice any real side effects except the jitters I had for the first 5-10 minutes I was in the gym causing me to want to talk a lot.

Conclusion

In conclusion, Evolve is a SOLID preworkout that I feel you should try at least once. That way you can see if you like it. I haven't seen many reviews on it but I can't imagine that there are folks out there who don't like it. It' has a solid ingredient profile, taste great, and WORKS! What more can you ask for? A cheaper price maybe?? Once again, thanks to the folks at RIP (Raw Iron Performance) and sr.com for allowing me to give this a shot. I appreciate it.
  • Endurance
  • Solid Focus
  • Solid Performance
  • Raspberry Lemonade: 9/10

Aminovide (Divided Labs)
Parasite
TROOPer Level: 35

Thanks to Divided Labs for sending it out!

I saw the write up for Divided Labs on Price Plow (https://blog.priceplow.com/supplement-news/divided-labs) and it got me excited to try their products. Needless to say, I was hoping they would post some on SR for review and when they did I was hoping I would get a chance to grab one or two. I wanted to get both their amino, Aminovide, and PWO, Previde, but was too slow to get both. I ended up grabbing Aminovide which I was happy about. As an aging male, whose body feels like it is falling apart quicker than it should, effective recovery supplements play a huge factor to my workouts and quality of life. Thanks to Divided Labs for participating in the TROOPs program!

The profile is broken up into 3 categories - Instantized BCAAs (as InstAminos), BCAA Uptake & Antioxidant Support; Maximum Hydration Blend.

Instantized BCAAs are a 2:1:1 blend of L-Leucine (vegan), L-Isoleucine (vegan) and L-Valine (vegan). These are vegetable sourced aminos which seems to be the way the industry is headed. Personally, the first amino product I had like this did not seem as effective and I'm not one to care too much where the aminos come from. I am of an Andrew Zimmer mindset where if you can use the whole animal than do so. This being my second plant based amino, I felt these were effective but still think animal aminos work better for me.

BCAA Uptake and Antioxidant Support - This is a combination of 29 fruits, vegetables and herbs that is "supposed to boost nitric oxide levels and combat exercise induced free radicals which cause cellular damage and oxidative stress (MFR Description from TROOP dashboard)." At 1 scoop, you get 100mg of these 29 fruits, vegetables and herbs. For that many ingredients, that seems like an awfully small amount but based on use it seemed to help some. I'm not a scientist and I'm not going to try to pretend I know what all these 29 ingredients do and their effective dosages in order to help boost nitric oxide levels; however, it seemed to help and it feels like something that is in there without the price being jacked up so I'm all for it. This also contains 25mg of P5Pharm Pyridoxal 5'-Phosphate which is an "active form of vitamin B6 that plays an important role in amino acid metabolism and helps increase BCAA digestion (MFR Description from TROOP dashboard)."

Maximum Hydration Blend - This is a mix of 4 ingredients (Organic Coconut Water Freeze Dried Powder, 500mg; Potassium Chloride, 100mg; Sodium Chloride, 70mg; Magnesium Gluconate, 10mg) that are supposed to help provide you with electrolytes during your workout to enhance your performance.

The label provides serving sizes for 1 or 2 scoops. I stuck with 1 scoop each time I used it. I have a 32 ounce water bottle for my workouts so 1 scoop in there and shake it well for 10 seconds or so and it mixed well.

Taste was light and flavorful even in 32 ounces of water. I requested and was sent the Candy Grape flavor. It definitely had the artificial grape flavor you get with most drinks and candies. It reminded me of the Wyler's grape water flavor just not as strong. I still felt like I was drinking water as the flavor was light but it would have that gentle grape flavor to go along with it.

I picked this up just at the right time as I was coming off of a two-week break from weights so I was able to start using this fresh and at a point where DOMS would have been worse than normal. My first week back working out I changed my program to work out twice a day. I would get up and do strength sets in the home gym then do hypertrophy work in the afternoon on my lunch hour at Gold's. I took this for both workouts that first week. I backed off the weights some so I would not be overly sore but still felt like I was pushing it. Taking this twice a day that first week DOMS were minimal if any at all so I was very pleased with the results of Aminovide at this point.

The next 3-4 weeks proved to be no different. During these weeks, I only took this during my morning workout. I still experienced little to no DOMs during these weeks. Full disclosure though, I was using a second amino product during my afternoon workouts. I still feel Aminovide served its purpose based on my first week of use with it being my only amino source. The only time I really felt some DOMs was on the last week of Aminovide. I started to pick up my intensity for my workouts and noticed some DOMs that had not been present the prior weeks of use. It was nothing major but some noticeable up tick as compared to before.

This does not appear to be widely available yet as a Google search resulted in 3-4 stores carrying it on the first couple of search pages. I saw it anywhere from $34.95 - $39.95 for a 30 serving tub.

There is only one other vegetable sourced amino product that I would compare this too right now and it is similarly priced but does not provide for the Antioxidant support or hydration blend.

I would like to see the price come down to the $25-$30 range as most of the other all around aminos I use are priced at. This may happen once this product becomes more widely available and the process for making vegetable sourced aminos becomes more refined and widely used. Not a deal breaker at the current price but I would be more willing to regularly use it if priced a little lower, catch it on sale or pick it up with some discount codes.

Side Effects

None to report
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Better Recovery
  • Excellent Taste
  • Good Endurance
  • Good Hydration
  • Great Profile
    • Candy Grape: 7/10

Thanks to RSP for sending it out!

A special thanks to RSP Nutrition for their continued support for the SR.com community and the ER/TROOPs. Today, I discuss their BCAAs product Regen BCAAs. After my lackluster experience with Amino Lean, I figured RSP deserved a chance at redemption, so I decided to try a straight up standard amino product. BCAAs the one supplement product that I have enjoyed using many times in all areas of my training including pre, intra, and post workout. For good reason, BCAAs are highly versatile and can help in nearly all aspect of fitness regardless of your goals.

So how d...

So how does Regen BCAAs stand up?

No prop blends this time....Hooray!!!

The beginning of the profile starts with you standard 2:1:1 ratio of all three BCAAs including 3,000 mg of Leucin, 1.500 mg of Iso-Leucine, and 1.500 mg of Valine. In total, this give you 6 grams of BCAAs.

Following that is a full gram serving of L-citrulline malate, 250 mg of raw coconut water concentrate for hydration support, and 5 mg of bioperine.

A straight up and simple profile that looks efficient. Although, I personally would prefer more L-citrulline and perhaps a slightly higher amount of the BCAAs.

I received the pomegranate flavor and I found it satisfactory and decently sweet. The flavor was a bit strong at times but a little extra water did the trick. I usually mixed it in conjunction with a sports drink, but added a little extra water for better mixability.

I had no significant problems with mixability provided I used an adequate amount of fluid. I did have occasional tiny bits, but nothing to complain too much about.

Since the tub I received had 50 servings I decided to use the multiple dosing protocol. I used one scoop during my workouts and an additional scoop post workout.

While using the product intra-workout I noticed I had less of a lactic acid "burn" and overall less fatigue. I was able to recovery somewhat faster between sets, which was particularly noticeable during my high volume, "time under tension" sets with heavy compound movements. The coconut water extract was especially useful considering I was sweating much more as a result of the increased exertion and reduced rest time.

Post workout, I did see an improvement in recovery in the form of mostly less post workout soreness and next day DOMS. Like most BCAAs, the next day soreness and slight lethargy I sometimes get as my body is still beaten up from my workout, were reduced by a good amount and I felt more capable and ready to hit the next workouts as they followed.

The cheapest price I've found is about 22 dollars on RSP's own website and this is for a 50 serving tub. I think that this is a great value for a pretty good BCAAs product at a quantity that will last you a month even at multiple servings.

Side Effects

Conclusion

RSP definitely redeemed themselves with this product and at the current price I would recommend avid BCAAs users to give this product a try. I would advise that it's best to use either intra or post workout since it is stimulant free, but a pre workout dosage may also help. Be sure to do some experimenting with the dosage protocol.

WARMACHINE OUT!!!

GO RED SOX!!!
    • Improves Recovery
    • Hydration
      • Pomegranate : 7/10

BCAA 5000 (NutraBio)

Thanks to NutraBio for sending it out!

Huge shout out to NutraBio for once again supplying SR with quality products and making several items form their line available to us! This is my 4th NB review and this company has grown on me. They aren't up an coming anymore, they're the real deal!

Ingredients are very basic here, as they should be. NB uses the 2:1:1 ratio of leucine, isoleucine, and valine coming in at 5g per serving. This product is 100% vegan, which seems to be a growing trend lately. I was unaware that most BCAAs are formed from "duck feathers or in rare super occasions, human hair", according to NutraBio. BCAA 5000 is vegetable based and naturally fermented.

Taste: I asked for and received the grape flavor. I feel a lot of people hate grape because it reminds them of medicine from when they were a child, but I wanted to change it up and expand my variety of flavors. Grape was a very flavor packed powder. Not overpowering by any means, but also not like drinking a watered down product. Crisp grape taste which my taste buds enjoyed.

Mixability: This may be the only issue this product has, but it's common with BCAAs. Upon adding a scoop to water and shaking it in my blender bottle, there was still a lot of powder residing atop of the shaker and did not dissovle during the initial shakes. After letting it sit for a few minutes (2-3) and re-shaking it, everything dissolved and no settlement was found at the bottom. Once in a blue moon some powder stuck to the bottom of the shaker cap and caked up there. It came off when the shaker was washed.

Dosing: I dosed this at 1-2 servings per day. One serving dumped into my daily water jug of 3L and one taken post workout on lifting days. When dumped into 3 liters of water (which I know is way over the recommended suggested amount of water), I sipped on it throughout the day. When dosed post workout, I used the recommended 16oz of water.

With any BCAA product, effectiveness can be hard to judge. Based off of the ingredients and times of dosage, you are providing your body with exactly what it needs. While taking this I was also on NBs Reload Recovery Matrix (review coming shortly), so it was a rare occasion if I was truly sore while on these two products, no matter how hard my workout was. BCAA 5000 aided in my recovery along with maintaining my hydration levels. So, it's hard to say which aided more in recovery, but both definitely played their part. According to research, the 2:1:1 ratio supplied by NB allows for the best breakdown and absorption.

Price on this is generally the same wherever you buy it, coming in at $27-$29 (shipping not included). The best price I found was on Amazon for $26.99 BUT, if you are an Amazon Prime member, than you can get next day shipping, for FREE! Plus, you're getting 64 servings for $27, which comes out to $0.42 per serving. Not only is this a steal in my opinion, but NutraBio is a reputable company that provides us with a fully disclosed label. Even though this is just a basic BCAA product and not something over the top like a loaded up PWO, I still prefer this to other BCAA products.

Side Effects

No side effects to note.

Conclusion

Thank you again to NutraBio for the BCAA 5000! With a quality 2:1:1 ratio, fully disclosed label, crisp taste and aiding in recovery, BCAA 5000 does the job, especially when paired with the Reload Recovery Matrix. I was a big fan of Sustainall BCAA but won't dish out the extra cash for it. This BCAA is something that will most likely be my #1 go to now, especially at 64 servings for $27 and free shipping.
      • Grape: 9/10

100% Micellar Casein (NutraBio)

Thanks to NutraBio for sending it out!

NutrBio, the company that repeatedly shows its face on SR and supplies us with quality products across a wide array of areas, whether it be protein, preworkout, BCAAs, etc. Thank you once again for allowing me to review a product, this time around it was the Micellar Casein! I haven't used casein since around 2010-2011 and it was ON's, which wasn't bad, supplied a decent taste, but had terrible mixability. Lets see what I thought about NB's casein after not having any for almost 6 years!

Of course, NutraBio is a fully disclosed company, ...

Of course, NutraBio is a fully disclosed company, so we know exactly what is in their micellar casein. Macros come in at 0.5g F, 2g C, and 25g protein. Less than 1g flavoring is used, in this case it was 600mg of natural strawberry flavor and some other add ins of xanthan gum, beet powder, and sucralose. I think the 2g of carbs is interesting. As others have mentioned, casein can give you that bloat feeling, which I did not experience while taking this.

Taste: I changed it up and received the wild strawberry flavor. I have had three other NB protein based products, all of which were chocolate so I needed a change of pace. The taste was pretty average, typical strawberry. Honestly, I'm not sure what "wild" strawberry" should actually taste like, but it was no different than any other strawberry product I have had, expect for the strawberry shortcake protein powder from GTN, which was by far the best strawberry flavored protein I've tried to date. Casein tends to have a different texture though, which may add to the "just okay" taste. I'd be interested in trying NB's regular protein in strawberry to compare the tastes together.

Mixability: For a casein, this mixed wonderfully, 10/10! No clumps, no residue, no typical casein aspects that I'm used to from the past. Extremely slight foaming on top but settles after a few minutes of sitting. Sometimes I let it sit, others I just downed it, didn't bother me.

Dosing: I mixed one scoop with 6-8oz of water. Not too much of a thickness difference between 6-8oz so I guess it depends on if you want the extra water or not. Also, I took this M-F as a mid-day snack. I'm a teacher, so sometimes it is hard to eat or there is such a long span in-between meals. I found that bringing a shake to work with me aided in feeding my body throughout the day. On Saturdays and Sundays I would have a shake before bed.

As I mentioned, I used this as a mid day snack while teaching M-F. I felt this really helped hold me over and keep me full until I was able to eat a solid food lunch due to its slow digesting capabilities. This product never caused me to still feel hungry, or increased my hungry after taking. On Saturday and Sunday night when I would take this, I woke up feeling un-bloated and did not have the urge to devour food right away. Sometimes I wake up and my stomach feels so empty I need to eat right away, but while on this I felt fed throughout the night and not desperate for food upon waking up.

You can pick this up for $39, not including shipping. A little much for casein, but you also have to look at what you're getting when you buy this product, quality. Some people would rather pay a little bit more for quality, can you blame them?

Side Effects

No side effects while taking this product.

Conclusion

I would pick this up again if I could spare the money. Does it do its job? Absolutely! I just have a hard time dishing out $40 for casein being that I have to pick and choose what supplements I buy monthly, especially since the school year is coming to an end. I know I'll pick it up again, hopefully sometime soon. The only thing I would do differently would be to try a different flavor. After reading other reviews, I was surprised to see that vanilla was so highly liked. I don't ever recall having a vanilla flavored protein I raved about, so I feel like now I have to try it!
       Pros:
       Cons:
      • Best Mixing Casein I've Tried
      • 100 % Micellar Casein
      • Great Profile
      • Reduced DOMS
      • Taste Wasn't Extraordinary
      • Wild Strawberry : 6/10

AminoFocus (RSP)
      Momo1
      TROOPer Level: 63

Thanks to RSP for sending it out!
      What's up SR family from around the world! I would like to say thank you to RSP and the Trooper program for allowing me to run Amino Focus. Taking into consideration how much I have to use my head for work, sometime during the day, I start to slow down and pick up the phone and start looking at crazy cat videos. I do not like to use stuff like Monster for that pick me, so I was in the market for something to get me through the day. So when I saw Amino Focus come up for the Troopers, I decided to give a shot.

Profile on Amino Focus reminds of Amino Energy by Opti...

Profile on Amino Focus reminds of Amino Energy by Optimum Nutrition, a proprietary blend for the Aminos and Focus Blend; however, the Caffeine content is disclosed at 125 mg and includes 100 mg of Theacrine. We are now seeing Theacrine more and more in all energy products, which is nice, since this helps the body not to develop a tolerance to caffeine that requires us to increase the milligram of caffeine to keep feeling the effects. The Focus Blend, which consist of 600 mg of Choline Bitartrate and Alpha GPC when combined is a good boost for the mind to increase cognitive thinking and memory.

Other Products used while using Amino Focus:

RSP Regen BCAA, which was used an addition to my intera workout supplement regiment
      Nutrabio's Super Carb
      Nubreed Nutrition MyoBlast protein blend
      Life Extension Omega and Krill complex
      Life Extension CoQ10

Taste - This was not bad at all, not too sweet, and no chemical after taste

Mixing - Mix well, just a little foaming if not enough water was used to mix

Dosing - I primary used Amino Focus during the day as a pick me up, which required 2 scoops for a complete serving

For me, Amino Focus gave me what I was looking for, a nice pick me up during the day. Never at any point that I feel cracked out or over stimulated; sometimes if I take too much caffeine late in the day, it makes it harder for me to fall asleep. I notice it would kick in about 15 mins after taking it and the energy would last about a good 2 to 4 hours; depending how much work I had to complete. I did not experience any sweating so my boss did not have to look at me like I was on crack or lying to them when I presented my findings.

As for the focus, it was not bad, nothing like a laser light, but I can feel the refocusing on my work, so the cat videos where set aside. In addition, I did feel some reduction of DOMS from the prior night's workout; any buildup of lactic acids were reduced by the time Amino Focus started to ware off.

You can pick this up on BodyBuilding.Com for $19.99, which is not bad, since you get 30 servings and it is competitively priced against other similar products.

Side Effects

None to Speak of

Conclusion

In my opinion, Amino Focus performed to my expectations as a quick pick me up during the day. Now, some of you may have used this as a pre-workout, which to me, it does not have the required kick to hit the weights. However, everyone reacts different to supplements, so we are sure to see other reviews on Amino Focus on how it worked for them. If you want to stay away from all those energy drinks in a can, which contains stuff that can peel paint of the fall, then Amino Focus would be a great product to us. Thank you again RSP for the opportunity.
       Pros:
       Cons:
      • Helps With Recover
      • Increased Focus
      • Not A Tru Pre-workout

SOMAL-1 (Redcon1)
      shae2311
      TROOPer Level: 45

Thanks to Redcon1 for sending it out!
      ---Introduction---
      Thanks to redcon for sending this out to the troops, I had been seeing a lot of good feedback about this company on the site. So I grabbed one of their prohormone products. This was my 1st redcon product, but far from my 1st prohormone.

1 pill gives you 65mg of 1-andro, using a liposmal delivery system which is supposed to keep the compound in tact further through your system for more potency.

---Introduction---

No taste, I'm theses and very easy to swallow. I took my doses(1 pill) before my workout in the am and shortly before getting ready for bed.

While using this I was following a strict and lean diet, but eating at a surplus, because I had heard this product would really help to add some lean muscle. For me I didn't see the results others on these reviews seemed to have gotten. After 30 days I may have added 2 lbs and even though I didn't gain much fat I felt liken it was kind of a let down compared to past pc's.
      Now for what the product did do for me. After about a week and a half I started to feel great, my overall mood improved tremendously. Coworkers made comments, I woke up after a full nights sleep refreshed and ready to go. My libido was through the roof and performance in that area improved as well.

This was kind of difficult for me because on average this is stuff costs around $50, which is fair and about normal for a prohormone. My problem was that the results I got were less of prohormone like and more of a mood enhancer/ test boost...

Side Effects

Acne

Conclusion

I don't know if may be I needed to run it for a little longer to see the gains or if i just didn't respond to this product.
      But I didn't have any shutdown and felt great while on. After a 4 week pct I still felt good but not quite as energetic, and I also kept the little bit of weight I did put on
      • Overall Well Being Increase
      • Little Expensive For The Results I Saw

Thanks to Outbreak Nutrition for sending it out!

First I would like to thank Outbreak Nutrition for sending Antidote out for review, and the SR TROOP's program for making the connection possible. This was an awesome post workout product that contains a well balanced formula with extra goodies. Overall a good ingredient label at an affordable price.

You get amino's, protein, and carbs filling your muscles for recovery after an awesome workout. First is 5g's of BCAA's at a 2:1:1 ratio, which is the common amount used in products of this nature. They are InstAminos, so should be more effective than basic amino's. Then you get a nice stack of EAA's at 1g for the matrix. Doesn't sound high, but two of these ingredients are HCL, which means a higher grade and less is needed (Lysine and histidine).

Also within this post recovery product are 6g's of dextrose to help get those blood sugar levels spiked for enhanced protein synthesis, and 6g's protein for that muscle happiness. All round a good supplement that is balanced.

Taste is perfect! I could easily sip on the grape flavor without any desire to get the taste out of my mouth. Mixing was also perfect with no grainy residue messing with the texture of the liquid.

Dosing for me was a scoop either post workout or started drinking about 30 mins before my workout was complete. either time recovery was noticeable. Some days I took 2 servings when training was more intense than normal.

Muscle soreness seemed to be well reduced while on this product when taken close or right after the end of my workout. This is the intention of the product, but I'm sure it would be good as frequently used for intra workout use also. I mean it does have the little extra amounts of protein and carbs!

Training the next day definitely wasn't as harsh due to better recovery, so I'd think it was this supplement with good food consumption as well. Muscle building comes from good recovery, so this would be a supplement to look into for getting the muscle gains more effectively.

$45 for a bottle really isn't too bad. Sounds expensive at first, but there's 60 servings in each container, so it's actually less than a dollar a serving! Not sure why other supplements they carry are so pricey, but this one I had not issue with.

Side Effects

Conclusion

Overall affordable post workout supplement that contains both EAA and BCAA. I'd recommend this to anybody looking to recover more efficiently along with liking the taste of the product haha thanks again for sending this Outbreak Nutrition.
       Pros:
       Cons:
      • Decreased DOMS
      • Better Recovery
      • Carbohydrate Pump