Recent Expert Reviews

Our expert review team consists of 25+ hand-selected members who have demonstrated superior supplement and fitness knowledge. Our community looks to our Expert Reviewers as a trustworthy and unbiased source of information. For more information, please visit this page.

Thanks to Barbender Nutrition for sending it out!
  January 17, 2018

• Good Endurance
  • Good Focus
  • Underdosed In Areas
  • Moderate Pump
A big thanks to the peeps over at Barbender Nutrition for providing this product to the TROOPs. It's not too hard to find a pre-workout these days, finding a good one however is a much bigger task. Here is how Torque stacked up for me:

Dosage

One scoop, taken 20-30 minutes prior to workout.

Ingredient Profile (7/10)

Dosage

One scoop, taken 20-30 minutes prior to workout.

Ingredient Profile (7/10)

This profile starts off on a rather high note with 3 grams of Beta Alanine, which is the bare minimum I feel you should take if you're going to use it. Next up is 3 grams of AAKG and 3 grams of Citrulline Malate. Personally I feel they would have been better served ditching the AAKG and going with 6 grams of Citrulline as I feel AAKG doesn't do much for pumps, or at least not as much as Citrulline does. One and quarter grams of Betaine is next in the formula, which is a little underdosed as 2 grams is more of the baseline for an effective dose. 500 mg of Tyrosine for focus support, and this does pack a somewhat moderate dose of caffeine with 280 mg. It falls right in line with the 250 to 300 mg range that I prefer. So while there are some good ingredients in this, it does lack in some areas.

Mixture (8/10)

Pre-workout mixture is a lot like Russian Roulette in terms of if you're going to get a product that mixes fully, with Torque it leans more towards the mixes fully side. Very minimal undissolved powder left over and no lumps or clumps.

Taste (7/10)

I sampled the Watermelon flavor for this product. It was not terrible, but nothing to write home about. It did taste a little on the "chemically" side in my opinion, but definitely palatable and tolerable.

Effectiveness (7.5/10)

Here's my breakdown on the 5 points of performance I look at in a Pre-Workout product:

*Strength- No creatine in this formula or anything to truly support strength performance, so this gets a "D" in that category.

*Endurance- An adequate supply of Beta Alanine will help you with muscle endurance, Beta Alanine is one of the few ingredients I truly believe in and hang my hat on, "B+" grade in this area.

*Pumps- Low on the Citrulline side, and include AAKG which I find to be subpar performer when it comes to providing pumps compared to Citrulline or Agmatine. I wasn't blown away with the pumps I got from this, so gets a "C" in this area.

*Energy- A good dose of caffeine that won't tweak you out, but will set you up to throw some weight around. Energy gets a "B" grade.

*Focus- 500 mg of Tyrosine is a sufficient dose for focus. No tunnel vision or Nootropic like effects, but decent focus factor. This gets a "B-" grade.

Value (9/10)

While not widely available, you can get this for a reasonable price at Barbender's website for $26.49 for 30 servings, or 88 cents a serving. This does make for a good baseline product at this price that you could go buy some bulk aminos like Citrulline or Agmatine and creatine to add to this and still come out at a decent per serving price.

Conclusion and Verdict

Torque is a pre-workout product that while decent in some areas, overall is very mediocre and moderate overall. With the tight competition field in the pre-workout arena, this is a product that fades into obscurity without standing out or distinguishing itself. It would be good to use as a base product if you want to add more to it though and is a good value. While far from the worst product I've used, this wasn't good enough for me to give a thumbs up to. So a "Meh" rating from me.
  • Watermelon: 7/10

BCAAs (1st Phorm)

Overall
Thanks to 1st Phorm for sending it out!
  January 14, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Endurance Support
  • Reduced Fatigue
  • Better Recovery
  • Too Expensive At Multiple Servings

Recovery is what is most important for me, and it should be for everyone. Bcaa's is one of the easiest way's to help with that also. Coming from a 40 year that enjoy's going for a new PR as often as possible . I will say I keep Bcaa's close by. I think this was the first time using anything from this company, and I really enjoyed this one.

I actually feel this is a really good profile. Pretty simple but provides what is really important.
Leucine 3,500mg

Valine 2,000mg
Amino Blend: 1,723mg
[L-Taurine, L-Tyrosine, L-Glutamine, L-Citrulline, Agmatine Sulfate]

Electrolyte & Mineral Blend: 440mg
[Potassium Citrate, Sodium Chloride, TRAACS Magnesium Bisglycinate, Potassium Glycinate Complex]
I say it on most every review for thing's like this. Hydration is one of the biggest things I look for with bcaa's.
This has everything one would want without all this crazy stuff that some add , and you never really know if those are needed or not.
Would like to see coconut water added to this.

I received lemonaid and I really liked it. Nice and sweet and somewhat tart but not bad . I would put 2 - 3 scoops in my half gallon jug at work and then just keep adding water as the day went and it worked out nice.
Mixing was really easy. Never had one issue.

As effect as I would think it was going to be. I did find myself having to pee A LOT more at work so I feel I was getting more hydrated as the day went on. As far as DOM reduction. I would say it did seem to help overall. Much more so than just water would be and an occasionally protein drink. Being older I have to have as much help with recovery as I possible can. I used this an intra at times too and it did seem to help with those workout's that was focused on pump and hypertrophy. Being able to recover quickly between superset's and drop set's or whatever madness was planned that day is great.

But like mentioned before I used this mostly for a post recovery drink while at work, and it did seem to work well for what it was intended for.

Like other's have mentioned the only price we can find this for is 42.99. I would like to see this close to the 30 -35 buck range and I feel that would be right around where it should be. Using it like I did seem to go through this a bit faster than what other's might.

Side Effects

Hydration = having to pee A lot.

Conclusion

If this was available on some other supplement retail site's the price would be a little better I think. Honestly I think that maybe it's only true down fall and it really is not that bad to start with. Overall I am pretty pleased with this one. Would like to check out some other things they have to offer.

One thing I have had to mention with other product's is the tub size. This one was great. Easy to get my big paws in and get the scoop. Normally I would not think this is important but here lately it is really becoming an issue for me. No trouble with this one.
  • Lemonade: 8/10

Thanks to Adaptogen Science for sending it out!
  January 12, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Lose Weight
  • Supports Fat Loss
    Thanks going out to the folks over at Adaptogen Science for hooking this up to the TROOPs. Carnitine is one of the best weight loss support supplements out there. This was my first delve into the liquid form of Carnitine.

Dosage

1 Teaspoon taken either in the morning, or with my last meal of the day as my schedule dictated.

Ingredient Profile (9/10)

Ingredient Profile (9/10)

The profile on this product is pretty straight forward. It starts with 3 grams of Carnitine per serving, which is the very least you want to supplement with if you're going to use it in my opinion. You also get what is called a "Water Shed Complex" consisting of grains of paradise and gamma butyrobetaine estyl ester chloride, so it appears they throw in some ingredients to also help you keep off the water weight as well as help burn some fat. There is also some filler, sucralose and artificial flavoring for those concerned with such things. Ultimately you get what you need from a liquid Carnitine and an added bonus, so thumbs up in my book.

Taste (8/10)

I had the Blue Raspberry flavor in this product, which is a flavor I tend to back and forth on but in this instance I didn't mind and actually enjoyed. I was expecting it to taste nasty almost like a cough syrup or something, but was pleasantly surprised by how enjoyable the flavor was. No nasty aftertaste or lingering either.

Effectiveness (8.5/10)

I've always had decent results from using Carnitine while cutting, and this was no different for me. One of the more unpleasant facets of working out and fitness is when you have to cut back on calories and watch your marcos closely. So when you supplement with things like Carnitine and CLA that help you to achieve your objectives as this did it makes the effort worth it. Overall I dropped 6 pounds in my 5 weeks while on this, which is pretty good considering it was over the holidays and I wasn't doing as much cardio as I had committed myself to. My pants started fitting better and I was able to go one notch lower on my belt without feeling like I was going to strangle myself to death, so I am happy with the results.

Value (8/10)

Anyone who has used Carnitine knows it's one of the more expensive supplements out there. Imagine my shock when looking into this that the cheapest place I found this was...get ready for this...GNC. No...seriously...look:

$18.99 for a 16 oz bottle with 31 servings, or roughly 62 cents a serving. A surprisingly good deal in a very surprising location.

Conclusion and Verdict

Adaptogen's Carnitine 3000 is a solid liquid Carnitine product that features an effective dose of Carnitine along with an added bonus of water weight support complex. It's easy on the taste buds and effective in weight loss and fat support. The best place for value to get this is GNC, which is something that may never again be uttered in the supplement world. I give it the thumbs up and Shinndigg Seal of Approval!
    • Blue Raspberry: 8/10

Opti-Greens 50 (1st Phorm)

Overall
    Thanks to 1st Phorm for sending it out!
      January 8, 2018

• Lots Of Natural Nutrients
    • Detox Your Body
    • Boost Immune System
    • Well Being
    • Regularity Support
    • Bathroom Trips May Vary

Being old and wanting to be as healthy as possible now day's has made me look at product's like this much more than they did even 5 year's ago. Normally I would just worry about gain's and getting stronger every week. But being in my 40's now I see how important gut health and getting nutrient's in is just as important if not more important than taking in enough protein for those sweet gain's.

Pretty impressive profile.

Green Superfood complex of 6180 mg
    Glycemic balance Blend 2224mg
    Phytonutrient complex 430mg
    Plant enzyme Blend 200mg
    Probiotic blend 1 billion cfu from 10 different strains of bacteria.
    100% non-gmo
    6.2 grams of low temperature processed nutrients

Well, it does say Natural berry but, it does not really have that kind of flavor. Although it does taste slightly better than some other's I have used that are similar to this. That being said though , I found this one hard to take every time for some reason. First few time's I took this it was not bad, but after that I really dreaded taking this. I hate saying that but I did. If you loved eating dirt as a kid. You may like this.

It does mix easy though , no clumps.

Well I never got sick while all this flu stuff was going around. I did seem to get some small energy boost from this as well. After about 4 days on this, it seem's to really open up the digestive regular bathroom trip's. I will say when the moment hit me.. I had to go ASAP. Not really a bad thing but I guess it was just working well. Also another reviewer pointed out about clearer skin while on this. I would have to say that I did notice this as well. I guess it goes to show eating healthier does your body good.
    Something like this I feel is good for numerous people on a not so good diet. I also noticed my stomach seemed to be less bloated looking or feeling while on this.
    I have suggested this to my mother because she has Parkinson's and one of the bad side effect's is digestive issue's. And I feel something like this could help her get in some more nutrient's and having the added Probiotic's would be good too.

55 bucks is the only price I can find this at for 30 serving's at 2 scoops. Being I did not use this for 30 days straight It did last me a while longer than just 30 days. I also only used one scoop for a while too and did not notice much difference in performance. Just taste.
    If you compare this to Green vibrance I think , Vibrance win's for value.

Side Effects

Gag reflex when taking at times.
    Be close to a bathroom when it hits.

Conclusion

I Do think Green vibrance has this beat when comparing the two. But this was effective and I like trying something off the beaten path every so often.
    Thank you Phorm 1 for taking part on this site and letting us try to be a bit healthier than we are. I would like to see this brand on some supplement sale sites like tigerfitness or allstar because honestly I just do not think of this brand. That being said I would like see more from this company.
    • Natural Berry: 3/10

Intra Amino Sport (Adaptogen Science)

Overall
    Thanks to Adaptogen Science for sending it out!
      January 7, 2018

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Good Recovery
    • Better Hydration
    • Pricey
    • Strong Flavoring
    Big thanks to the folks over at Adaptogen Science for the hook up on this product to the TROOPs. Aminos are one of my favorite supplements and one that you can keep in rotation all the time regardless of your fitness objectives.

Dosage

One scoop taken peri-workout.

Dosage

One scoop taken peri-workout.

Ingredient Profile (8/10)

A strong profile that starts off with 7 grams of BCAAs in the 2:1:1 ratio of Leucine, Isoleucine, and Valine. Next up is 2 grams of Glutamine, which I think is too low of a dose to be effective. 1 gram of Citrulline is next, which I also think is a low dose to be effective for this ingredient. 1 gram of Coconut Water Powder and a 350mg electrolyte complex round out the profile. Overall a decent profile as far as BCAAs and hydration support go with some cursory "throw in" ingredients.

Mixture (9/10)

Like most BCAA products, this mixes well and almost instantly. Sometimes products with Glutamine can end up with undissolved clumps, but not the case here. As I will get into on the next section, I used a lot more water than called for in the directions. That could have been a contributing factor as to why it mixed so well for me.

Taste(7/10)

I had the Coconut Lime flavor for this product. The taste of this product was kind of a double edged sword for me. The flavor of this product is STRONG, intense even. So I cut with a whole bunch of water, the directions call for up to 20 oz but I ultimately ended up using a full liter (roughly 34 ounces) with this. Once I watered it down a little the taste was actually enjoyable. But with the 20 ounces of water the flavor was just too much for me. If you love a coconut explosion in your mouth you'll enjoy this, but if not you'll probably end up like me and needing to water it down.

Effectiveness (8/10)

I felt like this product did what it was set out to do. I felt adequately hydrated throughout the course of my workouts, and did not feel overly sore after them. That's about all you can realistically ask for from a BCAA product, especially one meant to be taken during your workout. You get a little bit more than the standard fare of BCAAs with 7 grams as opposed to 5, and the hydration support is good as well.

Value (7/10)

The cheapest place I have seen to grab this is at optimalnutrition.com for $34.99 for a 30 serving tub. That comes out to about $1.17 per serving. Considering you get a little more BCAAs and some added ingredients in the package I don't feel that it's a terrible deal overall. There are better and cheaper options to be found, especially for BCAAs but for what this product delivers in addition I give it a little bit of slack.

Conclusion and Verdict

Intra Amino is a good BCAA product to chug during your workouts. You get over and above the standard dose of BCAAs and an adequate hydration complex. You can expect the standard recovery features you get from supplementing with BCAAs. The flavoring is intense, so I recommend using up to a liter of water to cut the flavor a little and to help with mixture as well. This product is on the pricier side of the spectrum, but still holds a decent value for the added BCAAs per serving and added goodies. I give it the thumbs up and Shinndigg Seal of Approval.
    • Coconut Lime: 7/10

Thanks to Neurella Labs, INC. for sending it out!
      January 5, 2018

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Better Mental Clarity
    • Enhanced Cognition
    • Fully Disclosed Label
    • Improved Focus
    • A Bit Pricey
    Thank you to Neurella Labs for providing this product up for review to the TROOPs. Nootropics are one of the fastest growing supplements out on the market in recent years, and it seems like more and more pop up every day. Here was my experience with Neurella's flagship product:

Dosage

4 pills throughout the day, 2 in the morning and 2 pre-workout.

Dosage

4 pills throughout the day, 2 in the morning and 2 pre-workout.

Ingredient Profile (8/10)

This product heavily markets the ingredients included in it by boasting "12 of the most powerful brain supplements formulated into one by an acclaimed Neurology team". A lot of the ingredients I am unfamiliar with as nootropics are a new bag for me, but here is a quick rundown of the ingredients and what their intended uses are:

*Ashwagandha Root and Leaf Extract- Healthy energy levels and mental cognition.
    *Huperzine- Memory function.
    *Citicoline- mental energy, focus, attention, and recall.
    *Coenzyme Q10- Antioxidant and energy generation.
    *N-Acetyl Cysteine- brain detoxification.
    *Tumeric Root Extract- Anti-inflammatory/antioxidant support.
    *Dimethylglycine- An amino acid used in treatment from everything from ADHD to autism.
    *Grape Skin Extract- Stress reducer and anti-inflammatory support.
    *Bacopa monnieri- Cognitive performanceand stress relief.
    *Rhodiola Rosea- Brain Neuron enchancer.
    * Green Tea Leaf Extract- Memory and cognitive function support.
    *Vitamin B12- General energy support.

Effectiveness (8.5/10)

All those fancy sounding ingredients sounds all good and well, but the main thing you all want to know is did it work? As far as mental focus and memory enhancement I would say yes. I found myself focused more both at work and the gym, and easily remembering simple things like where I put my keys (which is usually something I'm cussing about), and feeding my dogs on time. The energy and stress relief I would say was minimal to negligible as far as noticing a pronounced difference. I feel like this product delivers and holds its value as a memory supplement.

Side Effects

None noted.

Value (6/10)

The only places I've seen to snag this are on Amazon, and Neurella's own website, both at $49.99 for a 30 day day supply (60 servings), coming out to 83 cents a serving or $1.66 a day. That's a little on the high side for me for something that I would consider a luxury item. If you were to take just one serving a day the value would increase, but I don't think you would get the full effect intended for this product.

Conclusion and Verdict

Overall I felt Neurella was an effective product at improving memory and focus. It carries an extensive ingredient profile that was created by neurologists, and appears to be more of a legitimate product than a bill of goods. It is on the expensive side to take it at it's recommended dosage, but it does deliver as an effective nootropic. I approve and give it the thumbs up!

Thanks to International Protein for sending it out!
      December 31, 2017

• Reduced Muscle Soreness
    • Recovery
    • Transparent Label
    • PeptoPro

International protein, some of us may not have heard of them before. Mostly I'm sure that is because they are from Down under, Australia that is.
    First let me say thank you for being a part of this site and sending out so many things for us to give a run with. Being I had not heard of them I checked out some of there products and seen that some looked pretty solid. Let's see how this fair's.

The one thing that stood out for me was the PeptoPro.

The one thing that stood out for me was the PeptoPro.
    This does only contain 2 grams of BCAA but it does have the added Peptides so you have to take that in consideration. Having these Pre digested proteins makes it hit your system much faster and easier than normal protein's. Which make's this a great recovery drink I feel.
    Having 3 grams of glutamine is a great addition.
    17 Total Essential/Non-Essential Amino Acids
    Overall I like what I see here.

Watermelon tastes really good. Not over powering but still sweet.
    Mixed like a champ. A few shakes and it was done.

As with most thing's like this you can not really tell or feel it working like say a strong PreWorkout. But you can tell thing's like stomach or gas issue's. Also bloating is something i watch for with a recovery drink. I hate feeling more bloated than I normally do. With this I had none of those side effect's I watched for. I would even say drinking this for a Intra was really nice too for recovery between set's. I did get lean or jacked while on this but I was able to have a decrease in DOMS and I was constantly moving heavy weight's every workout. Which I tend to have a heavy training style more than anything else too.

One their website it is listed for 39 buck's for 30 serving's. That is a touch higher than other amino's even some with added hydration but PeptoPro is typically better ingredient than just your basic BCAA. I do not feel this is too expensive but I would like to see some added hydration.

Side Effects

Conclusion

Not bad at all, I would love to see this make it's way to a wider market here in the US, I did find a few of there products on amazon but not this particular one. Thank you for being a part of this site and I hope to see your product's on some retail site's soon.
    • Watermelon: 8/10

CBD+ COOL STICK (Wildflower)

Overall
    Thanks to Wildflower for sending it out!
      December 24, 2017

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Joint And Muscle Relief
    • Different Kind Of Relief
    • Strong Smell

So this Wildflower company makes this new type of muscle rub, but it's .... something a bit different than what I am used to. Now being my age and having played my share of basketball and heavy lifting over the year's I suffer from pretty severe joint pain and muscle pain at time's . So I use some muscle ointment's rather often. Seeing this one as a bit different than the typical Menthol type I use. I really wanted to give this a go.

300mg of CBD ( Cannabis plant extract )
    Coconut oil, hemp oil, shea butter, beeswax, ecosoya, vitamin E, Arni...

300mg of CBD ( Cannabis plant extract )
    Coconut oil, hemp oil, shea butter, beeswax, ecosoya, vitamin E, Arnica, CBD oil, peppermint essential oil, menthol crystals
    This contain's zero THC.
    That was actually something I asked a rep about before trying this. I am a CDL driver and I can't take a chance on something like that coming back on me. So that was a plus , seeing this was not going to happen and having a rep confirm that for me.

Just rub it on. Does not get any easier.

WOW. This stuff is interesting. It does not feel like the other's I have used. This has really long lasting cool feeling to it. Not really numbing, but I guess I would say, relaxing. It really does seem to last much longer than other's I have used like the absorbine liniment, or tiger balm. Those seem to work like heat and cool feeling, this is more like a cooling sensation.
    I used this every morning at work and it would still be cooling my knee's at lunch time. So that is much longer than the other's lasted. But it does seem to stick to your pants some, Kinda makes them tacky feeling.
    It has this strong but pleasant smell to it also. My wife like's the way it smells. I can take it but after a while I am kinda over it. The peppermint oil is what you are smelling for the most part. I does have a nice feel to as well. It has the beeswax and shea butter in it and you can certainly feel it them.
    I really enjoyed using this and hated running out of it.

Dang they killed it here. This stuff really was awesome but seeing the price at 60 buck's I can not even think of getting that , I can get a bottle of my absorbine from tractor supply for 12 buck's and that bottle last's forever.
    I would love to one day see this at a store for a much lower price than 60 bucks. I would possible consider it at 30 bucks but I can not justify the price now.

Side Effects

sticky pants , kinda strong smell

Conclusion

I really think they have a solid product here. I really , really liked this. But until the price falls on this I can not really push someone toward's this.
    Thank you so much for letting me give this a go. I truly this think product is wonderful. But I would like to see the smell dialed down a bit and the price brought down some.

Thanks to NutraBio for sending it out!
      December 24, 2017

• No Side Effects
    • Helps Recovery

My uncle was a Drill sergeant, and always drilled that into my head anytime I was with him. I think Nutrabio was listening. As a 40 year old man I see how sometime's simple thing's can be the best of thing's.

Well can't get any cleaner or simpler here. 100% Pure Micronized Creatine Monohydrate at 5g per serving.

I should not have to sit and explain what creatine is , there are several options out now of different types of creatine. But I always find this cheap ole Micronized creatine Monohydrate works the best for me. It is proven on so many studies, you would never be able to read all the info on it.
      That being said, I know the one thing you will find across the board, IT WORK'S.
      Also you can see the Third party lab tested results from this by just looking up the Lot number on the bottom of the container. Pretty awesome.

Well it is completely tasteless, But the one thing it would do is settle on the bottom of anything. A couple shakes or stir's and it would mix fine but there would alway's be some slight grit left in a bottle. Not a big deal as every brand of Micronized creatine does this. EVERY BRAND.
      I went with 10 grams on workout days and 5 grams non workout days. I never did a loading phase. I have not really decided on whether that is truly needed or if that is mostly for marketing hype or not.

Oh the pump's, Man the pump's are so good on some good creatine. My recovery was on fire, whether it was on heavy low rep days or high rep volume day's. I never really got much water retention from this. I did get some pump's and seemed to keep all day " full " look for the most part. Especially when I would do those volume workout's.
      Strength was climbing on this fairly well while on this. I was able to hit a 435 squat Pr and a Incline db press of 130's for 10. Deadlift was up to 475 . So I was able to break through some plateau's. I never really added any body weight from this. Maybe from my horrible diet but like I mentioned I do not feel I added much water weight from this at all.

BB.com right now has the 500 gram for 14 bucks. If you can get swole and strong for less that .14 cents a serving then by gosh you better get on that. If not here is where you want to be.

Side Effects

ZERO

Conclusion

Like I was saying earlier this, sometimes a simple approach to thing's is truly the best. Nutrabio is so good at keeping thing's simple and clean and super cheap. Thank you so much for nutrabio being a big part of this site. Every supplement I have tried with them turn's out to be top notch. Mark really know's how to run a good company. Sorry for the huge delay on getting this review out.
      • Unflavored: 9/10

Thanks to Dymatize Nutrition for sending it out!
        December 16, 2017

• Mixes Great.
      • Good Protein Ratio
      As always I got to give it up to the companies that participate and contribute to the TROOPs, so a big thanks going out to Dymatize for the hook up on this product.

Dosage

1 scoop usually taken post-workout, and first thing in the morning on non-training days.

Ingredient Profile (7.5/10)

Ingredient Profile (7.5/10)

This product is a whey protein blend that utilizes 3 different types of whey protein: concentrate, isolate, and hydrolyzed concentrate. This product is very similar to ON Gold Standard Whey and often draws comparisons to it. Unlike Gold Standard though, this product is primarily whey concentrate which to some may be a turn off. However though, concentrate doesn't necessarily mean poorer quality. Concentrate can range from anywhere from 30% to 80% protein, and given that there is 25 grams of protein per 34 gram scoop you have a 73.5% protein ratio, which is still very high and tends to suggest a higher quality concentrate is used. Add in the fact that there is only 2 grams of fat and 3 grams of carbs in each scoop, you end up with a very respectable profile overall. The only downfall to the concentrate base really is that each scoop has 70mg of cholesterol, which is 23% of the daily value of a 2000 calorie diet.

Mixture (9/10)

This product was very simple and easy to mix up. Just a few shakes in a standard shaker and it was good to go with no lumps or clumps.

Taste (6/10)

I got the cookies and cream flavor in this product, which is normally my favorite flavor and go to flavor for protein. This version however I found to be rather bland and dull. It wasn't necessarily awful or unpleasant, but I was definitely disappointed in the taste. Easily the worst rendition of cookies and cream I have tried to date in a protein.

Effectiveness (8/10)

In my opinion a protein powder should never be looked on as anything more than a simple building block in a complete nutritional profile and not something to be overly leaned on. It can also be utilized as a catalyst and starting point in post-workout recovery too though. Even though I tend to go more for protein blends nowadays for post workout this product still delivered as far as recovery goes in my opinion. Concentrate tends to be more of a complete protein as it isn't overly processed and in danger of becoming denatured in the process. 24-25 grams has become the unofficial "Industry Standard" for protein content, and given it's good protein ratio this product is solid in my eyes.

Value (8.5/10)

Due to this product being widely available, there are good competitive prices on it. The best price I found was on Amazon at $41.62 (Chocolate Flavor) for a 5lb tub with 63 scoops, or 66 cents per serving. You can easily find this in the 45-ish dollar range for a 5 lb tub which makes it a good deal on a good protein.

Conclusion and Verdict

While it's not an isolate based protein like other popular options out there, Dymatize Elite Whey still delivers a quality protein at a good price, and makes it a good and viable option for an everyday whey protein. The only true downfall is the flavor as I found it to be a letdown, but other than that it's a decent protein with a good ratio that mixes well. Overall I give it a thumbs up and Shinndigg Seal of Approval!