Recent Expert Reviews

Our expert review team consists of 25+ hand-selected members who have demonstrated superior supplement and fitness knowledge. Our community looks to our Expert Reviewers as a trustworthy and unbiased source of information. For more information, please visit this page.

7 Blend (UXO Supplements)

Overall
Thanks to UXO Supplements for sending it out!
  October 19, 2017

Pros:
 Cons:
  • 7 Sources Of Protein
  • Tastes Good
  • Mixes Easily
  • Low Protein Ratio
  • Higher Carbs And Calories
Special thanks to UXO Supplements for the hook up on this product. One of the newer revelations in post workout supplementation is that a protein blend is more beneficial for you after your workout than an isolate, contrary to the popular narrative and conventional wisdom that was. So a good quality protein blend becomes more of a necessity than just something to take in-between meals or before bed time. Here's a look at how UXO's protein blend product stacks up:

Dosage

Two scoops (one serving) taken after workout.

Ingredient Profile (7.5/10)

UXO's protein blend consists...

Dosage

Two scoops (one serving) taken after workout.

Ingredient Profile (7.5/10)

UXO's protein blend consists of 7 different types of protein sources: whey concentrate, whey isolate, milk protein isolate, calcium caseinate, micellar casein, egg whites, and whey hydrosate. A wide array of sources all with variable absorption rates to keep a constant flow of protein being delivered. It's pretty hard to beat the formula as far as a blend goes, the only thing I'd like to see is how much of each protein source we are getting.

Overall you get 24 grams of protein per 44 gram two scoop serving, so you're at a 55% protein ratio which is a little low on the spectrum even for being a blend. 180 calories, 6 grams of fat, 12 grams of carbs, with 4 coming from sugar and 5 as fiber. The carb and calorie conscious consumer or contest prepper will probably not care for this nutritional layout, but for the average Joe like me, it's just fine.

Mixture (9/10)

Despite being a diverse blend, I did not run into any issues with mixing. Your standard few good shakes in a shaker and you were good to go. I used 12 ounces of water with my two scoops and it was nice and smooth and went down easy.

Taste (8/10)

This was an interesting flavor for me as I got the Frozen Cappuccino flavor, something I've never tried before. I was pretty impressed with its flavor and it gave off a nice aroma as well each time I popped off the lid. Since I'm a man and have never had a real Cappuccino I don't know if it tastes like the genuine item, but I imagine it's pretty close based off of its smell.

Effectiveness (7.5/10)

I've said it a million times, but here is a million and one: To me, a protein powder is a foundation on which to build your recovery and nutrition off of. With that, I feel this is a decent product. As I said before it's a little low on the protein ratio spectrum so I do mark down a little for that. I'm not so concerned with the added calories and macros associated with this product, but I do see where that could be a point of contention for some. Overall this product provides a blend of good protein sources, and a healthy dose of fiber so it still manages a respectable score as far as effectiveness goes.

Value (6/10)

As of right now, it looks like the only place to cop this is UXO's own website at $44.99 for 30 servings, or about $1.50 per serving. The price tag is a little high for something that isn't particularly special, so while I did like this product it's availability and price make it something I wouldn't want to go out and purchase as there are equal or greater products at more competitive prices. There is a 20% sale on the website currently, and it looks like you also get a free tub of creatine along with it, so at this sale price and deal I will say that is the exception.

Conclusion and Verdict

UXO's 7 Blend is a diverse protein blend using good protein sources. Although a little low in protein ratio and high in calorie and carbs I still liked it. It's mixes well and tastes good, but the price tag and limited availability ultimately make this a product that I would simply give the "meh" rating to with the caveat that it is not a bad product.
  • Frozen Cappuccino: 8/10

Thanks to HardCut Supps for sending it out!
  October 3, 2017

• Decent Taste
  • No Dyes
  • Nice Profile
  • No Prop Blends
  • Good Pumps

Alright long time coming with this review for this fantastic Preworkout by Hardcut Supps.
    A little about me , 40 year old male, just switched to a new badass gym and I have been having some of the best workouts ever there. This Preworkout came in just in time for me. I will try and do a good review but it will be hard to follow workoutguru's review he did on this one.

I am not going to even try to come close to as the in depth review workoutguru gave on the profile here, but I will instead mention what I think are the high points.
    You have ...

You have a healthy dose of Cit mal 2:1 at a big 6.5 grams . I feel this is plenty of big enough dose to do most average workouts.
    Beta alanine come in at 3.0 grams which is pretty much normally now. I could honestly care less about this stuff. I know it has science backing but the tingles I can do without.
    Taurine 1.2 grams I love Taurine and I feel it is a underrated ingredient. I would like to see this a bit higher though.
    ALCAR 1 gram. Another ingredeint like Taurine but has a few extra benefit's to it. Also I feel a touch more would be nice.
    Vasagranite. I have not read much about this product until this product, but after reading about it. I can actually confirm, it does really work and compliment this well. Again workoutguru has more info on it.
    Next is the NALT and caffeine anhydrous both have a decent dose.

I had cherry limeade and they really hit the nail on the head here. Absolutely terrific!!
    Mixing was super easy, powder was very fine and easy to use. Very little settling and mixed just fine.

Okay it all come's down to this. I can say this is an awesome PreWorkout. I had awesome workout's the entire tub. So much so that I actually started to use it less in fear of running out. I used it mostly on my hard days. Leg's , chest, and Deadlift days. Some of those crazy Saturday morning arm and shoulder blast session's was off the chart's with this one too.
    I had more recovery and always had a great pump , vascularity was really noticable and I was not the only one saying that as well. I never had what I would call increased strength from this but I as able to stay focused and just kill my workout's everytime I was using this stuff.
    Mentioning the focus part, I need to mention even after taking this I would almost zone out driving to the gym. No radio. No figgiting in the car on the way there. Just get in. Drive and already visualizing the workout at hand.
    I seriously can not brag about how well it worked for me.

I have only seen this on their website , but even at the price they sell direct at 29.99 for 30 servings. I still say it is a great deal. I swear it seem's I had more than 30 serving's for me. As well as this worked. I say grab a tub.

Side Effects

Zero. I never had stomach issues or crash. Which is typically the two problem's one can get from a PreWorkout.

Conclusion

I can not wait to see what this company roll's out next if this is the way the rest of the product perform. I honestly did not think it would perform as well as it did. It just proves to me that there are just as good companies out there that do not pixie dust there product's or spend million's of dollar's advertising BS. Hardcut supp's you all did great keep it up and I hope to see you all on the site more often.
    • Cherry Limeade: 9/10

Thanks to Tropical Oasis for sending it out!
      October 2, 2017

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Midday Boost
    • Quality B12 Source

Alright so we all need some extra vitamin's in our life and body from time to time. I will even say that as we get older it is even more important and at times, needed to give us a bit of an edge to keep us with all those youngster's aiming at taking over our job's . I am 40 year and work a rather physically job and I can out work most anyone I come across but having a little extra boost from some quality B12 is always a good plan.

Straightforward here
      1000mcg of b12 sourced as Methlycobalamin .
      2 calories
      .5 carbs
      .5 surgar alcohols
      1mg ...

Straightforward here
      1000mcg of b12 sourced as Methlycobalamin .
      2 calories
      .5 carbs
      .5 surgar alcohols
      1mg aloe vera gel (200:1)
      Now lets talk about the source of the b12 used here .
      Something I did not truly know is that b12 can come from two forms - methylcobalamin and cyanocobalamin.
      I found some great info on it here
      Methylcobalamin is rapidly gaining popularity and will surely one day dominate the industry. But what is it that makes methylcobalamin a superior health supplement?
      These two different B12 formsCyanocobalamin Methylcobalaminare very similar. The only chemical difference between them comes down to one small part of the molecule, where the names give it away: where methylcobalamin has a methyl group (just carbon and hydrogen), cyanocobalamin has a cyanide group. And obviously cyanide isn't something you normally expect to find lurking in your multivitamin.
      On top of this cyanide is not produced by anything naturally so there is another problem right off the bat.
      Now to keep this a bit shorter than what the link I posted will say in a lot more words. Is cyanide is bad. So don't take it.

It's a liquid and it comes in a strawberry flavor. . It has a little dropper to draw it out of the bottle with , the only thing that is annoying is the fact it only has a 1 ml dropper and you have to keep going back in for another draw to get the full 5ml. Not a big deal but it did annoy me for a while. Not a terrible taste but was not very strawberry tasting either.

Well it is not a PReworkout kind of energy by any means. But if you want a nice midday pick me up it was nice. I would dose this at lunch time at home after eating a snack and heading back to work . That is always when I get really run down rather quickly at times and this did seem to slow or even eliminate that all together. Now that being said I would not say it was like a legitimate energy booster like some on the market. But for a all natural product this was not bad. I think someone my size really needs a bigger dose.
      Now I will say I used to get B12 shot's and those you can really tell they give you a ton of energy and even seem to aid in some waist size reducing effects. I think B12 is an important vitamin and for those that are uhhh, up in age I think is something that we should invest in more.
      At the end of the day for me I think a person of my size and my active level's , I think I need a bit more..

15 bucks at amazon is not bad for 24 servings of good quality b12 is not a bad deal.

Side Effects

none.

Conclusion

For an everyday office worker or someone older looking for a midday pick me up that is a bit more healthier than drinking a sugar loaded energy drink. I apprecaite the opportunity to try this and apologize for taking a while to get this review posted.
      • Strawberry: 6/10

Thanks to Alpha Lion for sending it out!
        October 12, 2017

Pros:
       Cons:
      • Deep Sleep
      • Feeling Refreshed
      • Increase Recovery
      • Reductions Of DOMS
      • Vivid Dreams
      • Little Pricey
      • Some Hangover

Intro + Supp Facts

Intro + Supp Facts

I am always willing and wanting to try sleepaids, because I work 3-4 12 hour shifts a week which can be tiring and difficult to fall asleep at times. I picked this up on the TROOPS for a good reason, NO PENUBIT!!! That's right folks, the addictive habit forming Penubit isn't in here so I was very eager to see how effective it would be. The biggest concern for me was all the amino's which could be utilized as energy, and not something I would want before bed.. Starting off on the label we have a few vitamins, ZMA's and electrolytes which are all good and unique as you won't typically get these bonus ingredients on a sleepaid. Leucine is here at 2.5g, which is the 2 part of a 2:1:1 ratio yet the iso leucine and valine isn't included oddly but isn't an issue. We have Lysine at 2g which is a great dosage, and will be a great added EAA that will aid in muscle building and not just recovery. The whole Brains Gains & Anti-Stress Matrix is all well formulated to help you relax and reduce anxiety. Lastly Chamomile Flower (75mg) and Melatonin (4mg) which is just right to help you fall asleep faster. I am happy with the profile and feel it is the best formulation without the use of Penubit, which is important to me as I have had the dreaded withdraws from it in the past.

Taste + Mix + Dose

One of the more nasty tasting supplements, not something I looked forward to drinking and in fact I would add water flavoring like MIO just for the taste.. Mixability was good enough, yet was a bit grainy with sediment. Dosing was typically about 1 serving, or a little bit less, and then sometimes a little bit more!

Effectiveness 8.4/10

Not much has changed for me in my sleeping routine, other than working 4 days instead of 3 now.. "Working 12 hour shifts at a hospital can really wear you out along with your body, as time to time you will be 7-8 hours into a shift when you realize that you have yet to go to the restroom because you have been that busy! I know all my fellow nursing/medical workers can tell you all about that, and thus your body is put into a little more stress especially when you are on your feet all day. So nonetheless I have come home very worn out, but not always have I been able to fall asleep. There are many distractions that cause some of this, which can be using my phone or watching T.V. before bed. I have been working at developing better bed time habits in which I get rid of those devices or limit the use. I normally will take a 5mg Melatonin Sublingual Tab before bed, and in 20-30 minutes I start to get sleepy. I can fight this feeling and stay on my phone watching something, but eventually it can wear off if not asleep soon enough. When I review a sleep aid I will discontinue the use of the Melatonin and take the sleep aid 30 minutes before bed." I want to mention that sleep is severely important for our overall health, due to the fact this is the time when our bodies do not have to work as hard and recovers most readily. Being that we typically do not get a full amount of sleep, it is helpful to make the sleep the most effective in the short amount of time in order to get the greatest benefit from it.

With the first time taking this I started out with about the 1/2 serving amount, just incase I would wake up groggy. I found myself starting to become a bit more sleepy within 30 minutes while using it, but not really knocking me out. I went up in the serving size to see if this would help me fall to sleep sooner, but it didn't seem to hit any harder on that note. I found myself not waking up in the middle of the night, and that I was more of a sound sleeper. I also felt more refreshed in the mornings, with more clarity but occasionally I would wake up groggy. I found that if I took this more than every couple nights (ie each night or two nights in a row), I would be a bit more groggy. I tried to only use this when I really needed to, and it helped most in those cases. Lastly I felt a bit more recovered most of the time, a bit less DOMS were noticed.

Value 7.4/10

This is one of the better formulated sleepaids with lots to offer, however the price is $60 per 30 servings costing $2 per serving which is expensive to me.. Now if you are able to see the effects with less than 1 serving it becomes better on the value, yet I would hope the cost would go down as it is carried in more stores.

Conclusion 7.9/10

This was a good experience and product to review, which I fell is something I can recommend if cost + taste isn't a bit issue for you. I would love those two areas improve, otherwise I think it is perfect of a formulation which makes me surprised it didn't hit stronger. I am all for having an option for less/non habit forming products, but just as PWO's without DMAA/DMHA it doesn't hit as strong as the Penubit counterparts.. Thank you Alpha for the opportunity to review this product!
      • Tropical Storm: 1/10

Thanks to UXO Supplements for sending it out!
        September 17, 2017

• Improved Recovery
      • Mixes Well
      • Underdosed Glutamine
      Thanks to the peeps out at UXO Supplements for providing this and several other products to the TROOPs. You've seen it and read it a million times on this site (and I'm probably responsible for a least a quarter million of those references) that BCAAs are a vital and cornerstone supplement to use. With a seemingly Library of Congress sized amount of documented research on these three essential amino acids, there is no denying the benefit of utilizing these in your supplement/nutritional regimen. With that, here's the breakdown on BCAA Blast:

Dosage

1 to 2 scoops taken peri-workout...

Dosage

1 to 2 scoops taken peri-workout. I mostly took 2 scoops since UXO accidently sent me 2 containers of this but told me to keep them both to review, and I usually like to double up on my BCAAs.

Ingredient Profile (8/10)

No reinventing of the wheel here, this is a BCAA formula in the traditional 2:1:1 ratio providing 6 total grams of BCAA which is slightly above the "standard" 5 grams. Added into the mix is 1.5 grams of Glutamine, which is an underdose in my opinion since I'd rather like to see the dosage more at 5 grams for any real benefit. With this product you also get a electrolyte complex with Potassium and Sodium, as well as a 2.5 mg dose of B6. Apart from the underdose on Glutamine, BCAA Blast has a good profile and even some added goodies that you would want in a BCAA product.

Mixture (9/10)

No problems at all in this area. I would usually mix two scoops in 1 liter of water and I had zero issues with mixture or undissolved powder. A few solid shakes and I was set.

Taste (6/10)

Here's a situation where I should have read the fine print I suppose. I was sent grape flavor, which I absolutely despise. So while it was nearly impossible to keep an open mind, I will say it tasted no better or no worse than any other grape flavor I have ever encountered. Those of you who have dysfunctional taste buds and actually enjoy a grape flavoring should enjoy this and have no problems with it. I would give it a zero for taste just based off of it being grape, however since I must remain "fair and objective" I will rate it at a 6 and call it even.

Effectiveness (9/10)

BCAA are what I like to call a "behind the scenes" supplement. You won't get that gratification of a pump, euphoric feeling of focus or body tingles. You will however get essential building blocks for recovery and muscle growth. As with most adequately dosed BCAA products I felt a decrease in soreness following my workouts. The electrolytes and B6 are a nice addition to have while you're sipping on this during your workouts, to keep you feeling hydrated and to keep you going with a little kick. BCAA products are like pizza, it's hard to screw them up and even if you dothey're still alright.

Value (7/10)

As of writing this it looks like the only spot to grab this from right now is UXO's own website for $29.99 for a 33 serving tub, which comes out to 91 cents per serving. This price per serving is a little on the higher end of the spectrum when it comes to BCAA products. You do get a little bit of an added value with the glutamine, electrolytes, and B6 since this isn't your "basic" BCAA formula. Hopefully if this becomes more widely available the price can level out a little bit.

Conclusion and Verdict

BCAA Blast is a complete BCAA product providing a healthy dose of BCAAs in the appropriate ratio, and even throws in a few extra along with it. While the Glutamine is underdosed in my opinion, everything else is solid about this product from the mixing, taste (if you're into grapebleh), and effectiveness. Though a little bit on the pricier side, it is an effective product. This gets the thumbs up and Shinndigg Seal of Approval!
      • Grape Explosion : 6/10

Thanks to VMI Sports Nutrition for sending it out!
        September 9, 2017

Pros:
       Cons:
      • Improved Hydration
      • Improved Recovery
      • Reduced Fatigue
      • Taste
      • Fully Disclosed

Intro Supp Facts

VMI Sports has a variety of products that are all unique in their own ways, and most of the time they have proprietary blends sadly.. However it seems they are making a turn towards being fully disclosed, which I hope happens to all their products! This isn't your typical BCAA product, containing different dosages and forms of ingredients. What you get: Electrolytes, 7g 2:1:1 BCAA's instantized, 1/2 the clinical dosage of Betaine, and 400mg of Glutamine (MGG). What I love about this is the Instantized aminos, and not stoping at 5g's. Also I love having MGG and electrolyes, however I would have loved to see EAA's included as well. Lastly I was currently on keto when I claimed this product with the intention of using it while on Keto, however once I received it I stopped keto or around that time. I mention this due to out of the 3 flavors only 1 is without maltodextrin, which will kick you out of Keto and sucralose can spike as well. So I guess this is only important due to the fact I was in the Keto mindset, and wishing the sugar content was disclosed. Great formula none the less, unique and clinical or efficient!

Taste Mix Dose

Cherry Lime Italian Ice, what a flavor and unique option! I was thrilled to get this one and enjoyed the sweetness each use. It tastes really good, but not overly sweet due to exclusion of maltodextrin :) Mixability was excellent, which I have always had great results from Instantized Aminos. Dosing for me was 1-2 scoops intra or post. In addition to those dosing standards I did take this at work or on my off days for recovery as needed. Lastly I want to note that none of this above (taste + mixability) affects the review scoring just FYI, while dosing might impact it via the value rating.

Effectiveness 8.5/10

I did take it with a Pre Workout before training on several occasions, which it certainly was effective at providing additional energy. Also when I did take this as an intra with a product that had similar ingredients it did perform at 1 scoop with greater endurance. Hydration was excellent, but I have had better such as other products I've reviewed with coconut powder and taurine coupled with BCAA's. And at two scoops it was somewhat better, but wasn't warranted for the 2 scoops. Endurance + Energy is an aspect that is tied to the overall synergistic effects for this profile, which was good at keeping you going for the workout. Recovery is the main reason that I wanted this product, and it was the most effective aspect which it did deliver completely in this regard. DOMS were diminished and overall recovery felt more enhanced compared to not taking a recovery supplement/aid.

Value 7.5/10

You can find this product online for as low or high as $28 at 30 servings, costing you $0.97 per serving.. I am not really into paying that much for an addition supplement that aids in recovery vs the protein shakes I also typically would take, but these are instantized aminos so they should work better lol. Of course all BCAA's are really luxury products, so if you have the cash go ahead and get this one.

Overall 8/10

I enjoy taking aminos, if not just for the taste (RIP Rich Piana). I was satisfied with this product and would recommend it to others, however I don't feel it out performed any of the recent BCAA's that I had reviewed more recently. Thank you VMI for allowing us to review your products, and I apologize for the delay in writing the review.
        • Cherry Lime Italian Ice: 9/10

Thanks to Dymatize Nutrition for sending it out!
          September 9, 2017

• Worst Clumping
        • Poor Mixability
        • Needs Better Value Or Servings

Intro Supp Facts

Dymatize has come out with some very weak Preworkouts in the past, but they were trying for a unique approach rather than a cookie cutter appeal.. And they have done the same thing here, making a unique product formulation! A few things I like about it: actual clinical and efficient dosages, 8g CM rather than just 6g, Patented ingredients BA Betaine Nitrosigine Theacrine, NALT which is my favorite form of tyrosine, and to top it off you get 250mg of Vitamin C which is essential for the pump aspect. A couple things I would like changed personally is the Taurine, which is great for cheap and free energy it actually competes for the same receptors as Beta Alanine. Everything makes up 20g, but you would think that it has clumps in the formula.. Someone needs to work on anti clumping ingredients!

Taste Mix Dose

Cotton Candy, you will either love it or hate it.. SWEET!! And the flavor seemed dependent on how often you shake it between sipping, sediment is a constant here. If you manage to break the clumps before the water hits it, it seemed to help as it was a scoop shaped clump mostly. Dosing I really on hit 1 serving, even if you wanted more focus/energy the Beta Alanine would make you want to scratch your head off.

Effectiveness 8.5/10

I continue to run my normal routine of working out 3-4 days a week based upon my work schedule, and only take stimulants via my Pre-Workout so I have a mild if any tolerance build up yet it wasn't notice while taking PWO. Have you had tingling issues with Beta Alanine, well that is something I felt a lot when using this preworkout! Head scratch city!! When it came to endurance the BA did its part, boy it felt good! Strength was good with the Betaine, which wasn't noticeable of an increase nor decrease. There were plenty of pumps with 8g of Citrulline Malate, which if any of you have had more than 6g you know 8g trumps it if you can stomach it as I had no issues. Couple that with the Nitrosigine and Vitamin C then it became even stronger of pumps, which were very potent for me use. The focus from the Theanine + Caffeine did provide a good amount of focus, very nice indeed with great energy as well with little to no crash yet wasn't the big slap in the face that I enjoy at times.

Value 7/10

As noted by others you can find this for $40 at 20 servings, costing you $2 per serving. This is more expensive than I would like, and certainly being that there are more comparable products out there for much less. I see the patented ingredients do cost more, but if the cost was closer to $1.50 a serving I would be a happier camper. Hopefully we will see the servings come up or the price come down in the future, along with other issues like CLUMP.

Conclusion 7.2/10

Overall I am glad I had a chance to review this product, as I was excited once I saw this come up on the troops after seeing it on Stack3d. The product does perform well, and has a good formula to back it up. I would ultimately recommend this to people if the issues were fixed (cost and clumping), but otherwise I would suggest waiting for their next batch. Unfortunately the cost is much higher than I would like in my stack, and also the clump is just out of control really. Sorry for the delay in my review, thank you Dymatize for the chance to review this product along with the shirt/shaker cup package as that was also appreciated.
        • Cotton Candy: 7/10

Total BCAA 12000 (TBN Labs)

Overall
        Thanks to TBN Labs for sending it out!
          September 6, 2017

Pros:
         Cons:
        • Reduces DOMS
        • Reduces Recovery Time
        • Flavor Picks
        • Acid Reflux

Total body nutrition labs has come to the scene bringing all kinds of goodies to the game. This particular one has a whoping
        12 grams of BCAA's at a 8:2:2 ratio. Not bad and it is pretty much a bigger dose than most bring. How does it fair to the rest?

Like I mentioned above it does have 12grams of BCAA's . Leucine 8g, Isoleucine 2g and Valine at 2g. All really good, but on
        the lable it mentions it has 12 grams of protein. This too confused me and after reading Italy48 review I noticed he had
        asked them about this too. And thier answer st...

asked them about this too. And thier answer struck me as odd. I am going to repeat what he was told.
        "Amino acid [BCAA] can be consider as protein." I have my own opinions on what to think about that being said but I will not
        voice it here. Next I want to point out this does not offer any extra goodies that most look for in a top tier Bcaa product
        now. Like coconut water or some added electrolytes and EAA's.

I had the peach/mango and it was Okay but it seemed to bother me which I will explain later.
        It mixed great, A few shakes and it was done. It did foam a bit but went away fast and then had some slight settling but nothing a quick shake would not fix.

Yea it would be hard to NOT have some recovery with a dose of 12 grams of bcaa's. But even at that I still did not get the benefit's like I get from some of my other choice's I typically run. I like to have some EAA's and some aid with Hydration as I feel is key in recovery. Now I have recently switched to a new gym and the energy there is awesome. Loud music everyone is hitting the iron with madness. So I have been hitting the weights harder than I have in a while so I will say it did help me recover well for that. I tried this as a intra a few times but the side effects I was getting was just too much for me to continue using it like that. I typically took this midday and it seemed to help give me a slight boost in the evening before the gym.

It is not widely available and I never found it anywhere but on the brands website. At basically 38 bucks it is going to be over 1.25 a serving by the time you pay for shipping and so on. Now yes you are getting a huge dose of BCAA's but you are getting no thrills , no extra added bonuses either.

Side Effects

ACID RE-FLUX. Dear GOD this was terrible for me. I did take a few other things that added to this but I was able to figure out this was the main culprit.
        Every single time I used this I would get it . It was so bad at times I wished I could have just gotten sick and made it go away or something. Taking as a Intra was the worst for me. Once I bet over to pick something up. It was absolutely terrible. I hate to bash it so bad but nothing has bothered me this bad.
        I truly feel it was something to do with flavor too. Something about it from the first sip bothered me. It tasted fine but it has this odd flavor that just sticks around.

Conclusion

TBN has come out swinging and this is a pretty well dosed bcaa and it is not bad. But at the end of that day it is just that. I would like to see a few things added to this mix and then I feel it would possible compete with some of the top tier ones.
        • Peachy Mango: 6/10

Thanks to Loud Muscle Science for sending it out!
          September 4, 2017

Pros:
         Cons:
        • Libido Booster
        • Blend
        • Acid Re- Flux

Yes I would feel like I could say " I'm King Kong in this M*%her " Normally at best products like this give a slight boost and maybe a boost mentally but this puppy really surprised me and even had the wife asking " what has gotten into you " I should have asked her that same question. ha.

Well its a blend , I understand why companies do this , especially a new one. And I was able to talk to a rep on Facebook about this also. The only issue I have is certain ingredients like Yohimbie. That ingredient does is not handled well with some, so when you have a blend like this one at 780 mg. One will wonder if they are getting 40 mg? or 200mg of this stuff. I actually suggested that they should separate certain ingredient's such as this one and then maybe list the rest in a matrix blend or something. Now the label I found online ( ebay ) is not correct according to the rep. I was told the bottles we received is though.
        So the blend of 780mg gets you a bunch of Chinese ingredient's that I have not heard of much, also there is Long jack and horny goat weed and some tribulus and deer antler , which all of the last 4 have shown to be good for the bedroom enhancements. Normally Long jack really bothers me some reason but I seemed to adjust to this one rather fast and was fine after that.

2 pills a day. Easy to swallow. I did seem to get wicked acid re-flux from this though which I think it was mostly the long jack because that is one side I tend to get with that . Other than that no real issue.

Well as in the beginning , this stuff was really impressive. I do not have trouble in this area but this absolutely brought what was already good to a new level. Like I said ( and I am trying to be calm and respectful ) these two blue pills had me wondering if I had taken the real blue pills. Random wood through the day here and there was a surprise and not so fun as an adult either. Not only was I Basically overthinking about doing the deed almost all day I was basically ready to go at the drop of a hat. So much so that I stopped taking it in the mornings and that did help and started taking this when I got off work and was getting ready to hit the gym. Which brings me to the next benefit I had. Take this with your pre workout and watch veins you have never seen before pop out and look like the Alaskan pipeline. Honestly the only real side I had from this was the acid re-flux and at times it was pretty rough. But the Pro's to this FAR out weigh that. I will also mention I did play with the dosing and stopped taking it for about a week to see if it was just in my head and things did calm down some , but as soon as I hit those pretty pills again I was chasing the wife around .

Truly upsetting seeing the price of this. I understand this is a total luxury item for the most part and most would not take this for 30 days straight so it should last longer, but trust me , when you get the benefits like I was I highly doubt you will put them back on the shelf for a while. That being said I still think asking 89 dollars for 30 pills is way overpriced. When you take in consideration this is still a blend, ( even though it worked well for me ) Most hate a blend and will not pay that kind of money if they feel they are only getting Chinese pixie dust. But 3 dollars a dose is really high for any product, at that price you are looking at what most of the good ( past banned ) Prohormones would cost.

Side Effects

Acid Re-flux
        Happy wife or
        Annoyed wife

Conclusion

One of the best boosters of this type I have used in a very long while. Next would be maca or just old school DAA. Now this is only available through ebay right now but I hope they can get that fixed and that will help get the price down I would think. They have a Facebook page and was very helpful with questions ( https://www.facebook.com/Loudmusclescience/ ). Hopefully we will see them on here more often.

Thanks to Outbreak Nutrition for sending it out!
          September 1, 2017

• Good Pumps
        • Good Focus
        • Supports Endurance
          Thanks to the peeps out at Outbreak Nutrition for providing this product up for review to the TROOPs. You can't throw a rock out the proverbial supplement market window these days without hitting a "new cutting edge pre-workout". It seems as though every established company and companies that come out of the woodwork hit you with "the next great thing" in pre-workouts. So to stick out from the crowd you have to bring more than hype. Here's what "Pathogen" from Outbreak Nutrition brought to the table.

Dosage

1 scoop 30-45 minutes before workout.

----Ingredient Profile (8.5/10)---...

Dosage

1 scoop 30-45 minutes before workout.

Ingredient Profile (8.5/10)

First things first, this product has full ingredient disclosure with no proprietary blends. Hopefully this will become the standard someday for supplements, but for now any company that goes full disclosure on their product ingredients has my respect in that regard. The formula is pretty good as well when you take a look at it.

First off you'll get 5 grams of Citrulline Malate per scoop, which is a decent amount for this ingredient. If you're really picky, like I am, than you'd like to see more in the 6 to 8 grams per scoop range for Citrulline Malate. Nevertheless though still a decent dosage. Next up is 3.2 grams of Beta Alanine, which is the "magic number" when it comes to Beta Alanine as that has been proven to be the clinically effective dosage. Next up is 1 gram of Agmatine Sulfate, which is my preferred dosage of this ingredient and definitely a hearty amount. This product features 350mg of caffeine which will make even the most tolerant stim junkies feel at least feel a bump, and a few nootropic ingredients with choline, theobromine, and Juglans Regia.

Overall this product has a solid formula that doesn't really cut in corners with the ingredients it uses. This is also creatine free for those that want to take a break or supplement their creatine elsewhere.

Mixture (9/10)

A simple mixing product, a few shakes in a shaker cup and you are all good to go. One of the best mixing pre-workouts I have ever used in terms of no left over and undissolved powder.

Taste (8/10)

I got to sample the "Double Barrel Berry" flavor, which appeared to be a blue raspberry flavor with a twist. It did not taste like any other blue raspberry flavor I have ever tried and was actually pretty enjoyable. This was a little tart tasting, but that's right up my alley. A good flavor to try for anyone interested in this product.

Effectiveness (8.5/10)

Now to what really matters, does this product work? As I do with any pre-workout I evaluate now, I grade it from the 5 points of performance I feel are most vital in a pre-workout: energy, strength, endurance, focus, and pumps.

Energy: 350mg of caffeine is enough to give just about anyone with a pulse a little jolt of energy. I am highly conditioned with stimulants and pre-workouts and I still managed to experience a nice boost of energy after taking this before the gym. Those less tolerant in stims should definitely feel this. Energy gets an A-.

Strength: Being a creatine free pre-workout, you will not experience much as far as strength boosts over the course of taking this product. Creatine free pre-workouts definitely have solidified their niche in the supplement world, but will not do much as far as assisting in increasing strength above what you would be able to do under normal circumstances. So strength category gets a D-.

Endurance: You will feel the tingles with this for sure, I definitely did! A clinical dose of Beta Alanine provides you the aid you need in endurance. I was able to knock out those crucial last few reps in a set each time and was able to keep coming back for more. Endurance gets an A.

Focus: The plethora of nootropic ingredients serves well in providing a calm and focused feeling. Nothing out of this worldly or tunnel vision like, but a noticeable increase in focus. I did not feel the jitters or the spaz out like feeling you can get when you intake a bunch of caffeine or stims, so focus gets a B+.

Pumps: 5 grams of Citrulline Malate is a decent sized dose, and provides good pumps. Add in 1 gram of Agmatine and you have a good formula to get the blood pumping and veins popping. Pumps also gets a B+.

Overall, this product excels in many facets of what I consider vital in a pre-workout and is a strong and effective product.

Value (8/10)

The best place to find this at appears to be A1 at $34.99 for 28 servings, or $1.25 per serving. Perhaps slightly high in price, but a fair value when you factor in that you are getting clinical or adequate doses of most of the ingredients.

Conclusion and Verdict

Pathogen is a solid pre-workout product that will hit you with great, energy, pumps, focus and provide solid endurance support. It's got clinical or adequate doses of all effective ingredients, is a viable creatine free option, and is fairly priced. Also mixes and tastes well. I give this product a big thumbs up and the Shinndigg Seal of Approval!
          • Double Barrel Berry: 8/10