Recent Expert Reviews

Our expert review team consists of 25+ hand-selected members who have demonstrated superior supplement and fitness knowledge. Our community looks to our Expert Reviewers as a trustworthy and unbiased source of information. For more information, please visit this page.

BIG NOISE (Redcon1)
shinndigg
TROOPer Level: 44

Thanks to Redcon1 for sending it out!
Big thanks once again to the peeps at Redcon1 for the hook up on their product line to the TROOPs. One of the newer trends on the supplement scene nowadays are non-stim, pump focused pre-workouts. A two edged sword these products can be stacked with a more traditional pre-workout product, or taken as a standalone. Here was my experience with Redcon1's Big Noise:

Dosage

1 scoop taken taken 30-45 minutes before workout. Primarily stacked with Redcon1's "Total War" pre-workout, but also used as a standalone on a few days as a basis of comparison.

----Ingredient Profile (8.5/10)---...

Ingredient Profile (8.5/10)

The profile on Big Noise kicks off with 3 grams of Glycerol Monostearate for hydration support, I've personally had some good experiences with Glycerol in other products and I feel it does a great job of hydrating your body and saturating your muscles. 3 grams is also a pretty healthy dose for Glycerol. Next up in the profile is 2.5 grams of Betaine, a great ingredient that provides an array of benefits that range from increasing the body's natural creatine production to liver and joint support.

This product also features 1 gram of Agmatine for pump and blood flow support, and astragalus and huperzine for focus and nootropic effect. This product covers several key factors in pre-workout supplementation that one can benefit from taking on its own, or amplify whatever traditional pre-workout product they are using.

Mixture (5/10)

The mixture for this product was rather rough in my experience. As per my usual, I mixed this product with a little more water than what the directions call for. The directions recommend 8-10 ounces of water, and I used about 12-14. Even with the extra water this product had a gritty texture and there was a decent amount of undissolved powder awaiting me at the bottom of my cup each time I drank this. This product also tended to foam up a lot as well.

I typically added a little more water when I got the bottom of my initial fill up of using this product and swirled it around to drink up the fair amount of powder that was left over. So this definitely wasn't the smoothest ride as far as mixability was concerned, and the only thing I really would have to say is a negative about this product.

Taste (7/10)

I had the Watermelon flavor in this product. I'm typically not one to make a fuss about flavors of supplements (unless we're talking GrapeI'm still traumatized from terrible Grape flavored cough syrups as a kid). This product had a very light and hardly noticeable flavor to me, and was a little on the sweet side actually much like Total War was for me. To be fair, I did water it down considerably by using almost twice the amount the directions called for. I did not experience any bad aftertastes or otherwise lingering unpleasantness after drinking this. The only thing that was unenjoyable as mentioned before was the gritty texture of this product, but that played no role in the taste.

Effectiveness (8.5/10)

As I mentioned in my review of Total War, the stack of that product and this one Big Noise was the best pre-workout experience I have ever had. Everything you expect from pre-workout supplementation is there, most notably the pumps! If you're looking for an amazing 1-2 punch from a pre-workout, I definitely recommend these two products together!

With that being said, this product still performs pretty well on its own merits. I used this on its own for 5 days as a means of getting an overall perspective of this product. The pumps are still very decent thanks to the Agmatine, and the focus is definitely there as well with the two nootropic like ingredients. Obviously being a stim free product it's not going to give you a kick in the rear to hit the gym, but it will keep you fueled and hydrated thanks to the Betaine and Glycerol. This would be a good product to implement if you are on a break from stims, but still want a little boost for your workouts.

Value (7.5/10)

The best price I could find on this was on elitenutrition.com for $33.99 for a 30 serving tub. That comes out to $1.13 per serving, which is about fair to moderate as far as pre-workout values go. I feel it's absolutely worth the price if you are planning to stack it with Redcon's Total War, so I give it a little bump in value for that. On its own it still holds a decent value as a non stim option for a pre-workout.

---Conclusion and Verdict----
Big Noise is a solid non stim option as a pre-workout, and a rock star when stacked with it's counterpart from Redcon Total War. It would make a great addition to most pre-workout products as it offers it's own unique benefits alone. This is a solid product that gets the thumbs up and the Shinndigg Seal of Approval!
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Incresed PUMPS
  • Incresed Focus
  • Increased Hydration
  • Versitile
  • Mixes Poorly
  • Gritty

BCAA 5000 (NutraBio)
Meuth
TROOPer Level: 43

Thanks to NutraBio for sending it out!
NutraBio has come into the supplement industry with a much welcome business model. They are transparent and not trying to fill the container with unproven ingredients. Thank you for sending me a tub of 5000 to give a shot!

Taste 8.5/10

Taste 8.5/10

I received the grape flavor. I'm getting tired of the same flavors all the time and grape seems to be making a comeback so I went with that. The grape is a little weak but it's not a bad flavor at all. I didn't notice a chalky taste but I mix a couple of heaping scoops in a gallon of water too. No issues here although I would like a little more flavor. For reference: I did take my first serving in just a shaker cup so it wouldn't be so diluted. I could tell the flavor was stronger but still not overpowering.

It mixes about like any amino. It's a little grainy if you start to drink it immediately after shaking it. You just need to let it sit there and shake it a few more times. That's a common issue with BCAA but this seems to be a finer type powder that does mix quicker.

Profile 9/10

What can you say here? It's not targeted for endurance or energy. It's good plain BCAAs. With 2.5 grams of L-Leucine, 1.25 grams of L-Isoleucine, and 1.25 grams of L-Valine, you get the 2:1:1 ratio that is popular and basic. If you're taking BCAAs regularly, then you know the benefits to them and how they react with your body. Some people like the higher ratio but I feel that this one fits the bulk of people and their needs.

Effectiveness 8.5/10

I did take my 2 servings a day for the most part. I have a gallon growler that I take with me everywhere. I fill it up twice a day while at work and used this once at work and then again when I filled it up at the gym.

I wasn't expecting anything other than extra BCAAs in my diet with this since that's all it has listed. I am a firm believer that BCAAs while you train will give you endurance without added carbs/energy. This was on par with that feeling for me. I could stay active in the gym just like I can on any other BCAA.

From a DOMs standpoint, I experienced very little DOMs while using this. That is normal for me when I'm drinking 1.5 gallons of water a day with at least 2 servings of BCAA.

Value 8.5/10

For around $27 you can get 63 servings. That's a pretty good deal. They suggest you take 2 servings a day. Is that really necessary? No. I have done that for a long time to keep this old body of mine in a repair state however. You can go with just one scoop a day to get a shade over 2 months which is a great deal really.

Overall 8.5/10

Here is a product that contains exactly what you expect and performs exactly as it should. There are no mystery ingredients that you must research so see why they would put it in here. I suggest that if you plan on trying this, understand the difference between what to expect from straight BCAAs and intras with added carbs/energy.

One other note of interest to me. The scooper was awesome. The tub has a smaller diameter than most tubs but it is also taller than most. The scooper has a welcome long handle for reaching down in the bottom and not having to stick your whole hand down in it. I'm keeping the scooper for future use.
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Simple Product
  • Reduces Muscle Soreness
  • Right Ratio Of Aminos
  • No Dyes
  • No Prop Blends
  • Light Taste
  • Grape: 8/10

Thanks to Redcon1 for sending it out!
Big thanks to Redcon1 for providing this product up for review to the TROOPs. Pre-workouts seem to be a dime a dozen these days. It feels like new ones pop up out of nowhere almost every day. Companies need to bring their "A" game when it comes to these pre-workouts to have a product worthy of note. Let's check out how Total War stacked up for me:

Dosage

1 scoop 30-45 minutes before workout. Stacked with Redcon1's Big Noise primarily, but ran a few days on its own as a form of a control for comparison.

Ingredient Profile (8.5/10)

Right off the bat, major bonus points for...

Ingredient Profile (8.5/10)

Right off the bat, major bonus points for a fully disclosed label and no prop blends! There are a few ingredients in the profile that stand out to me, first off being the 6 grams of Citrulline Malate. A very healthy dose, and among the highest you will find on the market today. Next is 3.2 grams of Beta Alanine, which is the "Magic Number" as far as a dose of this ingredient goes. 1 gram of Agmatine Sulfate and 1 gram of Taurine, and to round it out a 250 mg dose of caffeine. The caffeine is a little on the low side for me as I prefer at or around 300 mg, but the Agmatine and Taurine are both in adequate amounts. There are a lot of potent ingredients in this profile in adequate to exceptional doses, and this product is a good option for people looking to go the creatine free route. This is a very well put together product.

Mixture (8/10)

I mixed this with a little more water than normal, the directions on this product call for 8-10 ounces of water and I used 12. This mixed up pretty well with only a small amount of undissolved powder. The foaming was moderate, but wasn't too bad.

Taste (7.5/10)

I sampled the Watermelon flavor in this product. This had a little sweeter than normal taste to me, not off-putting however it was noticeable. The sweetness also left a little bit of an aftertaste, but again not necessarily a bad thing. This was an easy product to chug before hitting the gym.

Effectiveness (8.5/10)

When I evaluate a pre-workout, I like to look at what I call the 5 points of performance: energy, strength, endurance, focus, and pumps.

Energy: This product is a little light on the caffeine as I mentioned prior. Folks who are stimulant tolerant as I am may not experience as strong of a feeling
of energy, the added Taurine does help a little though. I wasn't lethargic, but not quite to the "amped up" level. I give energy a C+.

Strength: Being a creatine free pre-workout puts this at a little disadvantage as far as strength goes in my opinion, this product is geared more towards endurance. I didn't really notice any significant increases or boosts in strength. So for this category it gets a C-.

Endurance: One of the highlights of this product is the endurance factor, the Beta Alanine and Taurine work well together to promote endurance. Beta Alanine is one of my favorite supplements, and using it in adequate doses makes a significant difference in my eyes. This product was no exception, I give this an A for endurance.

Focus: One of the greatest feelings in the world is getting that tunnel vision and that "In the zone" feeling. I didn't quite reach that level with this product, however I did notice a slightly increased feeling of focus during my run on this. Focus gets a B.

Pumps: The other category this product shines in. 6 grams of Citrulline Malate and 1 gram of Agmatine hit you with some real nice pump action. The pumps you feel with this product are great, however when you stack with Big Noisethe pumps are other worldly, no joke. The best pumps I have ever felt in my life came from stacking these two products, the kind of pumps that are almost painful. Even on its own though, the pumps are excellent and it gets an A+.

Value (7/10)

The best price I can find is on Amazon for $33.99 for a 30 serving tub, this is specifically for the Watermelon flavor. The going rate appears to be $39.99 elsewhere. At the $33.99 price it comes to $1.13 per serving, which is about middle of the pack as far as per serving price goes. With the quality ingredients you get though, this adds to this products value slightly.

Conclusion and Verdict

This product is a hard hitting pre-workout for pumps and endurance. All the other facets are there to a degree, and this is one of the best well rounded products I have used as far as pre-workouts go. I could go for a little bit more caffeine, and perhaps a version with creatine in it but overall this product gets the thumbs up and the Shinndigg Seal of Approval!
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Great Pump
  • No Proprietary Blends
  • Great Endurance
  • Great Dosages
  • Too Sweet

GOLIATH (Iron Addicts)
shinndigg
TROOPer Level: 44

Thanks to Iron Addicts for sending it out!
Big thanks going out to Iron Addicts for hooking up their products to the TROOPs. BCAAs are one of my favorite and most used supplements. A supplement that's beneficial at essentially any time, BCAAs in my opinion should be a staple in anyone's supplement regimen. Let's take a look at what CT Fletcher's brand of BCAAs brings to the table:

Dosage

2 scoops, sipped on before, during, and after workout.

Ingredient Profile (8/10)

Dosage

2 scoops, sipped on before, during, and after workout.

Ingredient Profile (8/10)

For most BCAA formulas, the profile is pretty cut and dry. This particular formula goes a little bit beyond basic. Each scoop gives you 6 grams of BCAAs in the traditional 2:1:1 ratio (3 grams leucine, 1.5 grams of isoleucine and valine). In addition you also get 2 grams of glutamine, which is a low dose in my opinion as 5 grams is typically the number you look for when supplementing glutamine. 1 gram of Taurine, which is an adequate dose in my opinion. The formula rounds out with 500mg of pomegranate extract for antioxidant support, and 250mg tart cherry powder for anti-inflammatory support.
I like the inclusion of the antioxidant and anti -inflammatory ingredients, this is an aspect often overlooked by many people (including myself). Not to many sports supplements include these types of ingredients, so this makes this more of a unique product than your standard BCAA product.

Mixture (6/10)

I mixed by two scoops of this product with 24-28 ounces of water. There was always some un-dissolved power and the texture overall was very chalky and powdery, especially when you got to the bottom of the cup. I always had to give this a good shake or swirl before sipping on this.

Taste (7.5/10)

I actually tried two flavors in this product since I was using two scoops at a time and wanted to give this a fair run. Fruit Punch (or Fruit F*ckin' Punch) and Watermelon (or Muthaf*ckin Watermelon). Fruit Punch tasted like the red or Fruit Punch Gatorade to me, which I enjoyed. The Watermelon flavor was decent and not too overpowering. Fruit Punch gets an 8, and Watermelon gets a 7, so I will average out the overall score for this product to a 7.5.

Effectiveness (8/10)

Where it matters most, this product is very practical and useful. Sipping on this throughout your workouts will give you all the benefits of BCAAs; Improved recovery during, decreased soreness after, peppered in with a little energy and endurance bump from the Taurine. I had a few disruptions in my normal workout flow and schedule during my run on this, but I was always able to recover in time for the next gym session while on this product. As for the antioxidant and anti-inflammatory ingredients I can't speak too much on the effects as it is not something I consciously take note of or pay attention to. Overall though, this product performed up to the standard I'd expect a good BCAA product to.

Value (8/10)

The best deal out there currently on this is a BOGOF deal at A1, this is where I purchased my additional tubs of this product at. Giving you two 30 servings tubs at $34.99, or roughly 58 cents per serving. The $34.99 price tag seems to be the average price on other retailers, so the A1 deal is hot for the taking while it's still going on. At normal price I'd rate this a lot lower for value since you'd be over a dollar per serving. However anyone interested in this I'd urge to take up on this deal while it's still active.

Conclusion and Verdict

This product was up to snuff so to speak as a BCAA product in my opinion, while it is underdosed in glutamine I still experienced decent recovery and decreased soreness during my run on it. This product also offers an aspect not found in many other sports supplements with the antioxidant and anti-inflammatory support. With the great deal on A1 right now for this product, I'd say try it out if you're intrigued by it. This gets the thumbs up and the Shinndigg Seal of Approval!
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Reduces Muscle Soreness
  • Improved Recovery
  • Bad Mixability
  • Fruit Punch: 8/10

Thewhey (MyProtein)
kalans
TROOPer Level: 70

Thanks to MyProtein for sending it out!

Supplement Facts

Supplement Facts

With the use of SR and the Troops I can't say my purchasing of products has stopped, in fact I believe it is just as much yet rather justified or proven effective purchases. For me the most frequent purchase I make would be from Myprotein, which it typically their Isolate or Aminos with the addition of their protein bars also on occasion. To say the least I am a fan of them, and with good reason as I have purchased + reviewed + seen the labdoor testing proving them to be ahead of the curve on quality and value. With the addition of The Whey, it is something that isn't necessary new with a whey blend adding some digestive enzymes yet it is a better quality formulation due to the order of ingredients. I loved the Gaspri Myofusion back in the day which was a very "similar" product, and damn if I miss the peanut butter cookie flavor! This isn't isolate or a typical why blend, which is due to the enyzymes and the flavoring I believe being stepped up a notch from their typical products. We have a low carb and fat profile with 25g of protein and the added digestive enzymes for digestion, bringing us to 78% protein per serving which is a great content vs many of the other products on the market for blended proteins!

Taste Mixability Dosing

The flavor I got was chocolate fudge, which was really tastier and improved from their normal flavoring. Most flavors from MyProtein are on the weaker flavoring side but that just means you get more protein for your money, yet this product proved to be the best of both worlds. Mixability was fine, with not issues mixing or foaming up. I simply dosed this based on my dieting needs, which would be smaller than a scoop at time and all the way up to 2 scoops.

Effectiveness 9/10

Realistically rating a product such as this really comes down to how well it was utilized in your diet, and how well it was digested (ie no irritable bowels or issues with consumption). I was able to fit this protein product into my daily supplementation to fill in the gaps for my macro needs, or to replace them in relation to convenience. I have added this into my pancake mixture in order to hit my macros for the day, and the flavoring was strong enough to make them taste like chocolate pancakes/waffles. I didn't have any issues digesting this product, nor did I feel it had any issues with retaining my fullness when utilized in between meals. I found that my recovery when using this product alone was enhanced, but I typically will use a protein powder after the gym regardless and there wasn't much of a improvement using this product that I could notice on that note.

Value 8.2/10

I feel the value of this product is comparable, especially if you buy it right when they have their sales. However, the 4.4lb tub comes to $0.92 a serving which is a bit much to me for the added digestive enzymes. Of course one could argue that the enhanced absoption due to the DE will increase the potency of this product vs a plain isolate or blend. At any rate, my value placed on this product is as is and yet I would purchase it in the future as needed.

Overall 8.6/10

I highly recommend Myprotein to everyone I know that asks me what protein powder to use etc, while I may not always go with the Isolate I will always choose MyProtein for their quality and value which is set above all others.
  • Great Recovery
  • Great In Water Or Milk
  • High Quality
    • Chocolate Fudge : 9/10

Thanks to Iron Addicts for sending it out!
    Big thanks to the peeps at Iron Addicts for the hook-up on their products, including this one. I will be completely honest; I had no idea who CT Fletcher was before using this product. After some Youtube research though, I have to say I'm impressed with his story and his work ethic and demeanor. You can definitely get motivated after watching a video or two of his. Does his protein meet the intensity of his videos though? Let's take a look:

Dosage

One scoop taken primarily post-workout, taken first thing in the morning on off days.

Ingredient Profile (7.5/10)

Each 32 gr...

Ingredient Profile (7.5/10)

Each 32 gram scoop gives you 24 grams of protein, which 75% protein per scoop. A pretty solid ratio, and about the minimum you would want in a protein powder. The protein is a blend of whey protein concentrate and whey protein hydrolysate. I know a lot of people may knock a protein that is mostly concentrate, however I feel that concentrate can offer some benefits. Concentrates tend to hold more intact major subfractions of whey protein than with isolates or hydrolysates, unless they are cold pressed. The calorie counts are usually a little higher with concentrates; however with this you're at 130 calories per scoop with 2.5 grams of fat and 3 carbs. This may not be ideal for those who are very strict on their macros, but for the average gym bro or gentleman this product is set up nicely with faster absorbing hydrolysate and moderate absorbing concentrate.

Mixture (9/10)

A few shakes in a shaker cup and you are set to go. A nice and smooth texture that you'd expect from a whey protein with no chunks and minimal residue left behind when you finish. I was very pleased with how this product mixed up and it's texture.

Taste (8/10)

The flavor I received was name "Crenshaw Chocolate", a clever name for sure. This is your standard chocolate flavored protein though, it won't blow your taste buds away but it won't disgust you either. It's comparable to a chocolate protein from any other major brand (ON, Dymatize, Muscle Pharm, ect.), so for those of you like me that don't like to stray into exotic flavors, this product is safe for your consumption.

Effectiveness (8/10)

In my opinion, a protein powder is meant to be a foundation on which to build your nutrition and recovery on. With this product you're getting a protein that while a little heavier in other macros compared to what an isolate gives you, provides whole proteins and its full range of aminos and subfractions. You also get some faster absorbing protein to help your recovery and protein synthesis kick into action. I always felt satisfied chugging this after a workout. The artwork on the bottle is pretty awesome too; it looks nice sitting on top of your fridge or counter. It will definitely get your friends asking, "What's that?"

Value (6/10)

The going rate for this appears to be $39.99 on multiple outlets (illpumpyouup, A1, Muscle and Strength). This price is for a 28 serving tub, which comes out to $1.42 per serving. That's pretty high for a regular protein powder in my view. I realize hydro-whey costs a little bit more, but this is still a pretty steep price tag to me. A1 currently has a promotion where you get a free shake cup with your order, so if you insist on trying this you can at least get a freebie out of it too. There are comparable options at a much more reasonable price in my opinion though.

Conclusion and Verdict

This is essentially your typical whey protein blend, no fancy bells and whistles. If you can grab this on a sale I'd say it's worth trying, but otherwise there are far better deals out there for the same product pretty much. So while this looks cool, and is the official protein of a certified boss like CT Fletcher this product gets the "meh" rating.
     Pros:
     Cons:
    • Great Label Design
    • Mixes Well
    • Crenshaw Chocolate: 8/10

Juiced Up (Blackstone Labs)
    mhseaver670
    TROOPer Level: 82

Thanks to Blackstone Labs for sending it out!

Ever had your Mom tell you to not get up from the table until you eat all your greens?! Well I sure did when I was small. I would have liked to have been able to just drink a tasty drink and be done with it.

With only 20 calories and 7 grams of carbs and then a Prop blend of 11.25grams of greens blend, with only 5 grams of sugar also. I think this is a decent profile. You also get the Capsorb to help with absorption. Which is great because other " green formula's " I have used have had me in the bathroom rather quickly. I under that Greens help with digestion but at the rate that some did this was off the charts. I never really had that issue with this one though.

Mixed liked a boss , Really easy and fine powder. NO trouble at all.
    Taste, well it was different at first you have understand this is actually good for you and most things that are really good for you are not very tasty.
    But after saying that I did learn to actually look forward to this drink.

At first I did not notice much but after a few days I became " regular" , actually I could almost set a clock for it. Next thing I noticed was I did seem to have better circulation. How? Well every time I had this drink I would notice my veins pop excessively more with anything I was doing. I had several comment on this at work before I paid attention to it, then one asked if I was taking a PWO at work. That's when I noticed It was this.
    Next thing I can really tell with this was the fact I was actually just feeling better, Kinda like a natural high, I just felt good on this. I was taking Blackstone labs own joint supplement but I think this might have actually helped improve that as well.
    Allergy season was in full blown madness while taking this also, and I know this helped ease some of my symptoms as well.
    As far as gym or gains I did not see any difference with my workouts other than I just felt better through the day and was not as sluggish by the time gym time rolled up.

Blackstone offers us Sr.com peeps a 20% discount with using SRtroop code which brings it down to 32 dollars. I think amazon might be a couple bucks cheaper but If you can get this under 30 bucks I would certainly grab it . I felt wonderful on this and feel this is a solid buy even at 32 - 35 bucks.

Side Effects

I did seem to get some coughing attacks sometimes after drinking this, not sure why.

Conclusion

I know this is is kinda of a extra supplement because honestly we should just be a grown up and eat healthier than we do at times but If life is like mine at times having something this easy to help with just overall well being this is a solid product.
     Pros:
     Cons:
    • Good Tatse
    • Improved Immune System
    • Well Being
    • Increased Blood Circulation
    • Coughing Attacks
    • Bangin Berries: 8/10

Thanks to Outbreak Nutrition for sending it out!
    ----Intro, Ingredients----
    ----Intro, Ingredients----
    I typically wont use any carbs for intra workout, but I thought I would give this a run along with using it post workout for help replenishing the glycogen for helping recovery. I typically read my labels from top to bottom, so looking here I see that there is 6g of protein yet nothing is disclosed to where the protein is coming from. I believe that they are considering the 6g of protein being from the 5g BCAA + 1g of EAA, which is not correct and should be fixed in the future. I am not sure how the laws are in their country, but that is literally what Amino Spiking is (yet this product isn't marketed for its protein content). Moving forward we get 6g of Dextrose, which is the simplest form of sugar and not HBCD which is the better form in our purpose. This is the particular reason I stated in the title "some pixie stick sugars added", as many people know you can add simple sugars such as dextrose from candy to help replenish your glycogen aiding in recovery. 6g isn't really much, but think of this ingredient as a extra freebie. 5g 2:1:1 BCAA which is the standard clinical dosage, and an effective amount. 1g of EAA which is fine, but I never really have noticed it working too much in the past. Actigin is also here, which is for absorption and is dosed appropriately. Ultimately the formula is a good solid profile, but it contains dyes Ace K and artificial sweeteners if you are not a fan.

----Taste, Mixability, Dosing----
    The flavor I was able to try was the Strawberry Margarita, and it was a unique and tasty flavor. It really was more of a strawberry flavor, but had a hint of lime taste to it with sugar rather than the salt on the rim. Mixability was a little foamy, which typically is due to the EAA I find but it settled down with not much of an issue. When it came to dosing it was as I typically run my BCAA products as intra workout or on my non workout days. I typically had 1-2 serving depending on the exercise group performed that day or how sore I felt. In addition I used this product pre working out and post working out.

Effectiveness (8.2/10)

I like to keep an amino product on hand and was thankful that this has come along, as I want to continue with recovery as best as possible. With this product it was a bit more concerning for me with the added sugar at times, which was mostly at 2 servings yet 18g of sugar isn't a huge issue. I have been cutting for the greater part of the past 4 months, and started heading toward keto. Needless to say carbs ala sugar can be a problem. I was able to use this product mainly as a post workout for the expense of the carbs, but also I used it as a pre working out supplement along with intra. I did take it with a Pre Workout before training on several occasions, which it certainly aided in the effectiveness of that preworkout in terms of energy as the BCAA's will convert the glycogen. DOMS were diminished and overall recovery felt more enhanced compared to not taking a recovery supplement, with the addition of less fatigue in my day to day. Overall I felt this product lived up to what other effective BCAA products I have taken, but nothing exceptional.

Value (7.5/10)

I was able to find this only sold on their website which typically means it is going to cost more, and that is the case. For 60 servings it costs $45 or $0.75 per serving, which I find to be a bit expensive for my tastes.. I didn't find this much more effective for recovery than your typical BCAA product, and if you are wanting to ingest simple sugars you can find you cheaper sugars in the candy isle and add it post workout saving you some money.

Overall (7.8/10)

I would recommend this product if you would like something different with a lot of servings, but only if you have a little extra cash to use. I enjoyed using this product, and I thank Outbreak for the opportunity to review it.
     Pros:
     Cons:
    • Better Recovery
    • Decreased DOMS
    • Energy
    • A Little Expensive
    • Strawberry Margarita : 8/10

Serum (Outbreak Nutrition)
    Meuth
    TROOPer Level: 43

Thanks to Outbreak Nutrition for sending it out!
    Outbreak's Serum is a new pump product that apparently that the post-apocalyptic world needs (according their website). So will this product give you the pump and endurance you need to make it through such a harrowing experience? Let's find out.

Taste 8/10

Taste 8/10

I went with grape because I'm trying to get away from the blue-razz selections I normally do. This taste was pretty good actually. It wasn't overpowering like a medicine but wasn't weak like watered down Kool-Aid. I would say it was just right really. Now I only took it by itself a couple of times to check the taste and the rest of the container was consumed with my pre.

Another note is how the product was so clumped together when I opened it the first time. See the picture? Huge clumps in the top. Must have been the extreme heat from the apocalypse.

Profile 8/10

When I look at the profile, all the main players are there for the most part.

With 2g of Taurine for blood flow, this is a good amount. I like to supplement taurine everyday anyway because it keeps me from getting back pumps. The increased blood flow makes sense for it to show up here.

They Hyrdromax at 1g is a good middle of the road point for this patented glycerol. We should see more increased blood flow along with wet pumps from this. (DO NOT google hydromax without putting supplements after the word)

AgmassTM is a form of agmatine sulfate that is supposed to have higher purity. 750mg is a good amount of this as some people like to see the full gram. It appears this is a change in the formula as it used to just be 500mg according to some of the reviews. This is a good change to up this.

NitrosigineTM has some scientific studies that show it does increase the amount of NO in the body while improving blood flow. The study seems to be done using at least 750mg and this is close with 650mg included.

A fully disclosed label is always appreciated and gets bonus points! Thank you!

Effectiveness 7.5/10

If I was grading this on just one scoop, I'd be more around a 6.5 to be honest. I didn't notice much of a change with this at 1 scoop. I could tell just a little difference in my pump and my vascularity.

Where I could really see a difference was in the 2 scoop range. That seemed to be my sweet spot. When I coupled this with their preworkout, I had some pretty swole pumps. My muscles looked much fuller and rounded with a wet looking pump.

Endurance was improved with this product too. I could definitely tell that my workouts lasted a little longer before I would fatigue. In fact, I could usually get an extra accessory set in at the end with an all-out burnout set. This also made the locker room walk pump even better.

Value 6/10

Ok, this is going to run you $35 unless you find it on sale. This is a pump product that can be used as a non-stimulant preworkout if you would like to try it. But with only 28 servings, $1.25 seems high per serving. Now for me, using 2 scoops, $2.50 was too high for sure.

Overall 7/10

I was torn with this overall rating. If I could have got the expected/desired results with just one scoop, this would be a borderline 8. This is my review and my experience and I had to use 2 scoops so I have to go with barely a 7. I think this product is good and it does work but I'm not sure what needs to be increased to get the results where I would like to see them.

I'm on the wall with this one. If you want to give it a shot, go for it. I feel it will work but try 1 scoop first. There are products in this category that I have found I like better and are more cost effective for me. Thank you for the opportunity to use and review this product.
     Pros:
     Cons:
    • Great Pump
    • No Proprietary Blends
    • Candy Grape: 8/10

OrthoBolic (Blackstone Labs)
    mhseaver670
    TROOPer Level: 82

Thanks to Blackstone Labs for sending it out!

Blackstone labs has been a company that has come out swinging and created some interesting products over it's history.
    Orthobolic is their Joint supplement and me being an older man now I jumped on this to see if this would be the one that helps these aching old bones.

Gonna be some copy and past here from Priceplow as they did a great job explaining the profile here.

Orthobolic is a multi-faceted joint formula that helps with joint discomfort and stiffness, as well as strengthening cartilage. Orthobolic works with your body's natural anti-inflammatory processes, as well as decreasing your body's pro-inflammatory enzymes.

PEA 200mg
    PEA is an endogenous fatty acid that is your body's natural anti-inflammatory molecule. PEA works by reducing the activation and mitigation of mast cells. Mast cells are white blood cells that releases mediators that are pro-inflammatory such as histamines, inflammatory cytokines, prostaglandins, and reactive oxygen species(ROS). Some studies also suggest that it can bind to COX-2(same as ibuprofen) as well as your endocannibinoid receptors, which can help mediate pain and inflammation. Worth noting, to date PEA has no known drug interactions which implies it's very safe for anyone to supplement with. Doses vary but as little as 200mg a day has been shown to have an affect on inflammation.

BOSWELLIA SERRATA EXTRACT 150mg
    Boswellia Serrata extract is an all natural lipoxygenase-5(LOX-5) inhibitor, it blocks the conversion of fatty acids into leukotrienes like histamines, prostaglandins, and other pro-inflammatory molecules. One of the active compounds is AKBA(3-O-acetyl-11-keto-boswellic acid). Boswellia Serrata Extract acts very quickly, showing a 70% reduction in joint discomfort and 63% reduction in joint stiffness in as little as 7 days.

CURCUMIN, 95% CURCUMINOIDS (WITH BIOPERINE) 150 mg +10mg of Bioperine
    Curcumin and Curcuminoids decrease the expression of pro-inflammatory cytokines like IL-6, TNF-alpha, NF-kappaB, COX-2 and LOX-5. TNF-alpha can destroy joint cartilage. Data for curcumin shows to decrease swollen joints and tenderness by 70%. Curcumin can also increase anti-inflammatory enzymes in your body, as well as increase free radical scavenging(decreases ROS). Bioperine(black pepper extract) has been shown to increase bioavailability of curcumin by 2000%.

CISSUS QUADRANGULARIS (CQ) (STD FOR KETOSTEROIDS) 350mg
    CQ stimulates the metabolism and uptake of calcium by osteoblasts (bone cells) which increases healing in fractures. A meta analysis of CQ has shown to reduce healing time by 40%+. CQ enhances your body's natural healing process. It has also been shown to decrease joint discomfort and increase functionality. CQ can also increase collagen synthesis in osteoblasts.

UC-II (UNDENATURED TYPE II COLLAGEN) 40mg
    UC-II is an ingredient containing undenatured type II collagen. This can help with your body's natural process of removing damaged collagen/tissue and repairing damaged areas. Type II collagen can also increase production of anti-inflammatory cytokines, as well as help heal cartilage. Studies show that once a day dosing of UC-II can reduced perceived pain levels by 33%, including a reduction in all tests used to determine perceived pain(WOMAC, VAS, and Lequesne). All studies show that subjects reduced the amount of OTC pain medication by 67% within the first 30 days.

Now I normally do not copy and paste this much but this is the first review and wanted to give the most details on the review's. I can say that after reading about some of these ingredients and learning how they work is one reason why I just ordered another bottle.

Simple two pills daily. No issues with them at all. Just toss two back every morning with my fish oil.

DAMN! Do I feel better! Rarely do I get a product to try out and be so impressed with it I buy one right after finishing it. This one I ordered another bottle before I was done. I felt relieve very fast , So fast I thought it could be placebo effect. But the one pain that never lied to me slowly went away and just recently I was able to handle 300+ on the bench without pain on my elbow, where as before I could barely unrack 225 without pretty serious pain. Now on to my knees yea they still ache but they feel way much better.
    Now I will say several years ago I broke my arm just under my elbow and that has really gave me the terrible aches and pains I was having but, I feel with the added UC-ll it really may have been the big thing I needed to help. Whatever it was or a combination of the whole profile I loved this. I have actually kinda been forgetting about my arm hurting so much and actually been pushing like myself like the old days in the gym again. I can not brag on this enough, or at least the way I feel as I write this anyway.

On Blackstone's website if you use SRTROOP as a code you get a 20% discount which brings the price down to 39$ which is actually where I am finding the standard price to be at most supplement sites. Now for 40 bucks and a 30 day supply it is not a horrible buy considering the profile. Now for me I am just fine with paying this for the way it helped my arm and just overall aches and pains.

Side Effects

Conclusion

Blackstone did a great job putting this one together I think. And I most certainly feel!. Hopefully we will continue to see this brand expand and produce more useful products. I hope that I do not get used to these ingredients and the relief I am having stops, At this point I am truly loving this one.
     Pros:
     Cons:
    • Joint Relief
    • Possible Bone Repair
    • Aches And Pains Ease