Recent Expert Reviews

Our expert review team consists of 25+ hand-selected members who have demonstrated superior supplement and fitness knowledge. Our community looks to our Expert Reviewers as a trustworthy and unbiased source of information. For more information, please visit this page.

(Thanks to EVLution Nutrition for sending it out!)
Big thanks to EVLution Nutrition for hooking this up for the TROOPs to try. Protein blends are a little bit different of an animal in the grand scheme of supplements. With multiple sources of protein that absorb at varying rates, they are ideal for any situation: morning, pre/post workout, in between meals, and before bed. This is the "natural" variation of Stacked Protein, so how does this Stacked Protein stack up?

Dosage: 1 scoop, typically taken first thing in the morning, occasionally before bed time.

Ingredient Profile (8.5/10): This product is a protein blend consisting of whey concentrate, whey isolate, whey hydrolysate, micellar casein, and egg white protein. So this is a very broad spectrum of protein types that include fast, medium, and slow digesting proteins and very well put together. I make a slight gig in the score for being primarily sourced of concentrate, for the 9 grams of carbs that might be on the higher side for people concerned with that kind of thing, and its protein ratio is 64% protein per scoop which is on the low side in my opinion. The natural sweetner is stevia, so those who want a protein without sucralose, this is an option for you.

Mixture (9/10): Mixed this in a shaker with 8 oz of water and it always came out smooth and fully mixed, no issues in this department. Sometimes with blends you can get some clumps, but no such problem for me with this product.

Taste (7/10): Normally I think naturally flavored proteins suck as far as taste goes, with very few exceptions and this product happens to be one of them. Still not as good as an "artificially sweetened" protein, but a nice light flavor without too bad of an aftertaste. A 7 is about as high as I'd ever give a naturally flavored protein, so this is high praise from me.

Effectiveness (9/10): To me, a protein powder is a foundation on which to build your nutrition and recovery process on. It won't be the main reason you build muscle and see results, but it can be a catalyst and a contributing factor. With that mindset in play, I feel this product is ideal for laying that foundation down. You get quality protein sources that will absorb at varying rates and help with your body's protein synthesis. Add in the convenience and diversity of a protein blend, and this product is a solid option to go with for protein supplementing needs. This helped me hit my macros for daily protein and was a nice kick start to my day nutrition wise.

Value (7/10): The cheapest spot on google to find this for the natural version is on bodybuilding.com at $29.99 for 24 servings, or roughly $1.25 per serving, which is a little high even for a blend in my opinion.

Overall though, this is a solid protein and a viable and legitimate option for those wanting a naturally flavored and sweetened protein blend. Though it is a little spendy, it still gets the thumbs up and Shinndigg Seal of Approval!
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Quality Protein Blend
  • No Artificial Sweetners
  • Spendy
  • Chocolate (Natural): 7/10

(Thanks to AZÖTH for sending it out!)
** Supplement Facts + Introduction **
Many of us have been exposed to Nootropics through a variety of products like Preworkouts and Fat Burners, but nothing this complete of a profile! I wont cover every ingredient as many have went into great detail especially htevans, way to go! I have compared this in two forms: as a pill supplement and as a powder in the sense that 3 capsules this size could contain over 3g easily. The ingredients in this product are top notch, and really it is only missing caffeine yet I understand keeping it separate allows for more possible uses (plus caffeine is cheap). All the ingredients are dosed well above the normal dosing, and in some cases it too high of a dose which is why they recommend taking fewer caps. I feel most of these dosages or the serving size should have been lowered, but there is a reason it isn't. Phenylpiracetam which functions like PEA is from what I have been told is practically a pharmaceutical drug and is as "cheating", while it is legal and has been for quite some time. The hyperzine is underdosed, and many ingredients are overdosed to a point which you can't get all the benefits fully from each ingredient at a lower dosage yet they all work well together for the acculative effect. I have had it in another product by InnovaPharm (Limitless), and it kept me feeling cracked out (more on this below).. All in all, dosage scheme is odd and not desirable to me but flexible.

** Dosing **
Dosing is recommended to start low and to use every other day, aka don't use everyday. It is also given that it takes time for these ingredients to build up, which is why it is directed to not use daily. Hear me out, if a company told you not to use their preworkout everyday or workout to only use every other day/workout.. Would you think something isn't right? These ingredients with exception of Phenylpiracetam are common preworkout or thermogenic ingredients, so why is it an issue? Basically the Phenylpiracetam I assume is the reason, as it surely wouldn't be a dosing issue otherwise. I started off with 1 capsule and followed with 2 and then three on many days later, more detailed below.

**Effectiveness (7.2/10) **
Before taking this product I had taken a week off all stimulants. I have had many different experiences with nootropics, and with many products on the market (preworkout or fat burners) they do put them in it. For me I enjoy a quick release of energy and focus, rather than having to wait for the "ingredients" to build up in my system to see the effectiveness. Being this only has 10 servings per the ingredients, it doesn't allow as much room to test different dosing routines. I started off with 1 capsule as suggest, with not much effect at all and if anything I felt a bit more tired 2 hours after as if physically exhausted. On the next day I didn't take any, but I followed it with another 1 capsule dosage.. When is this going to kick in? The exact next day I went ahead and took 2 capsules, where the energy felt more present and elevation of mood. My focus was ok, but it wasn't like I was solving equations in my head like Zack on the Hangover.. The next day I didn't take any again.. I went with an actual full serving aka 3 capsules, and low and behold the benefits were more noticeable overall. I felt time did move more quickly, however I felt a drag later on.

So at this point I only took 7 of the 30 capsules, so with the remanding 23 capsules I tried a variation of dosing routines. It was suggest to take some caffeine with this as the DMHA would enhance the duration and boost of energy, so I had a 200mg caffeine pill with 3 capsules. The results were probably the best I have felt on this side of the pharmacy counter, with my mental focus and energy pretty much at 11 the entire time lasting the majority of the day. So I decided to take a day off using it and then followed the same dosing routine, and it was like I didn't take AZTH that day? Upon research it appears that Phenylpiracetam isn't always effective each day of use, just like DMAA is for me or DMHA. So I didn't take any for a week, and when I returned I had dosed the same 3 capsules with 200mg caffeine. The effectiveness wasn't nearly as good as the original try, and it really made me feel burnt out later. The remaining capsules I took in different ways with no other noticeable effects outside the described portion above, but found this to be most effective when taken spread out from the previous dose just as DMAA in my experience.

** Value (6.5/10) **
A product such in this nature isn't cheap to begin with, and while it is a completely loaded profile and unique to the nootropic line it is still cheaper than your some affiliate sale nootropics. You are getting quality, which always helps the value of a product in the higher price ranges. You can find this online in their store for $45 which comes to $1.5 per serving.. But really it is user dependent, meaning your serving strength may vary. I personally feel the value is not exactly you are getting what you are paying for, as these pills are just too costly.. Maybe that money is going towards paying for the insurance to sell Phenylpiracetam? While these ingredients are quality and the dosages are great, the product doesn't perform as well as desired nor does it warrant the cost in my eyes.. You can get Adderall for these prices..

EDIT: Priceplow also offers a 40% off coupon and 50% off on orders of 2+!! What does this tell you? Bring the price down geez... The coupons are not guaranteed so it isn't factored into my value rating. Also this is the perfect storm for the affiliate sales card.

** Overall (6.8/10) **
You win some you lose some, and then you wonder why you even bothered with a product like this.. I really picked this out to help me focus and study for a certification coming up, and previously I had taken LGI Boosted for other tests.. The prices are close but yet the cheaper one out performed this one for me in the areas I needed it most. So I will be the black sheep, and tell you that I wouldn't really recommend this product for the reasons listed above. I feel it is a good formula, but didn't perform as well as expected.
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Strong Formula
  • Greater Sense Of Wellbeing
  • Good Focus
  • Good Energy
  • Patented Ingredients
  • Tolerance Build Up
  • More Expensive Than Adderall
  • Inconsistent
  • 10 Servings
  • Possible Affiliate Sales Marketing

BIOS3 Xanix (Primeval Labs)
TROOPer Level: 35

(SR paid for product; Primeval Labs did not participate)
A big thanks to our fearless leader and Admin himself Tommy for the hookup on this product. Sleep aids are awesome, because sleep is awesome. Not only are you boosting your recovery and helping yourself grow...but it just feels awesome! This product is also marketed as a two edged sword as a "Anxiety Aid" as well.

Dosage: 3 scoops 20-30 minutes prior to sleep.

Dosage: 3 scoops 20-30 minutes prior to sleep.

Ingredient Profile (7/10): First things first, all the ingredients are fully disclosed. Right off the bat bonus points for that. The first ingredient listed for a full three scoop dose is 3 grams of Taurine. It seems a little odd that something you'd take before bed has that much Taurine in it since you see it in most energy or even pre-workout supplements. However, Taurine is a precursor to GABA, which is a powerful neurotransmitter in the brain and helps with calmness and relaxation. So while this may make some people scratch their head as it did for me, Taurine can be beneficial for relaxation factor.

Next up is 2 grams of Tyrosine, an amino acid shown to produce dopamine and noradrenaline in the brain, as well as decreasing stress and increasing overall mental wellness. 2 grams is a clinically effective dose of this product to reap all its benefits.

Humanofort is the next ingredient in the profile at 300mg, a protein peptide made from chicken egg embryo that can increase hormone and GH release in the body. The research on this is inconclusive and speculative at best I would say.

Threonine is up next in the formula. An essential amino acid used to produce glycine and serine and beneficial for calmness and also for cardiovascular, liver and immune system function. 200mg is in the range of good/effective dosage for this amino acid.

Profile is rounded out with 100mg for 5-HTP, a precursor to serotonin. 5-HTP is helpful for overall wellness. 100mg seems a little on the lower side for dosage, but still decent.

Mixture (9/10): No problems mixing this, I added 3 scoops to about 12 ounces of water in a shaker and had essentially no undissolved powder or grit.

Taste (7/10): The flavor I received for this product was Watermelon. It didn't really taste like watermelon, or anything for that matter as it was fairly bland. The flavor was very light with no lingering aftertaste and was easy to drink.

Effectiveness (6/10): While a lot of the ingredients in this product are beneficial and in sufficient dosages, I just didn't feel much while taking this. My bar for sleep aids is pretty high with some of the ones I have used in the past. I did feel the "calmness factor" that helped me to fall asleep, but I didn't experience any amazing nights of sleep like I have with other products. I don't feel as though this did much to aid in my recovery or aid my sleep at all as I didn't notice any difference from my normal sleep patterns. The one benefit is there is no "hangover" feeling like you can get with melatonin or other strong sleep aids. For me this fell into the "meh" category as far as overall effectiveness goes.

Value (8/10): There is a BOGOF sale at A1 for this at 2 for $39.99. That comes out to 67 cents roughly a serving which is a pretty good deal. Normal retail on its own is around that same price for just one, so if you're looking at getting this go cop it at A1 and get two for the price of one.

So overall, I felt this product was a little underwhelming. While it did provide a calming relaxation that would help my "anxiety" (if I had any), it didn't do much to aid in my sleep. So I give it the "meh" rating, and not a full thumbs down since the formula has the potential to work for some, just not for me.
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Calmness
  • Watermelon: 7/10

Dust Extreme (Blackstone Labs)
Meuth
TROOPer Level: 40

I was in the market for a new preworkout a few months ago. I came across Blackstone Labs Dust EXTREME. They were really blowing up the fact they put the DMAA back in a pre. So color me interested. I took some time looking around to find the best price. I ordered me a tub of it and was ready to give it a shot.

Taste 9/10

I had the sour gummy bear. I'm telling you, it was pretty good. I was very skeptical but the other mango flavor didn't really sound that good to me. I think they nailed this one. There was a tad bit of chemical aftertaste but that doesn't bother me too bad.

Pro...

Taste 9/10

Profile 8.5/10

This is a high score but it's not like they really went cheap here on the ingredients.

The caffeine was 350mg. Seeing as most companies just put half that in a scoop, I was already liking what I was seeing.

Now for the important part, the 1,3 DMAA..75mg. Sadly, a lot of people don' t even know if that's a lot or not. So I'm sure all of us that have been doing this for any real length of time remember the pre that started this whole DMAA high stimulant thing. Those of us who remember that product will also remember within 2 weeks, we were taking 3 scoops of it. Well, for what is arguably the most popular pre of all time, guess how much DMAA it had per serving? 25mg is what is reported. So here we are at 3x (or 3 scoops for those of you bad at math) of the "best of all time" Can you feel that?

4g of Citrulline Malate in a 2:1 ratio. This indicates there is twice as much citrulline at malate acid. This is for endurance and 4g is about 2-4 low for this but it's not like endurance is what this product is advertising.

N-Acetyl-Tyrosinen 500mg for focus. This seems to be on the lower end of the scale but once again, a little focus with the energy this promises can go a long way.

The Beta-Alanine at 2.5g is pretty standard. I didn't feel it but I rarely do anyway. Just because you don't feel it, doesn't mean it isn't helping.
2-Amino-5-Methylheptane (500mg) is supposed to be the next DMAA. I have personally never been that impressed with this and think it's all smoke and mirrors. It's in here so it's on the label. If you like it, good for you.

Hordenine another stimulant that is bitter orange related. There's not a lot of info out there on it as it hasn't been studied that much. One very strange reading I found was a connection between this and false morphine drug tests. Supposedly it has to be high doses for the test to pop but that was interesting.

Higenamine (75mg) This is known to dilate the bronchial tubes similar to Ephedrine and a beta 2 agonist. It should help in the uptake of the stimulants.

Noopept as a nootropic to help with moods.

Huperzine-A was some interesting reading. I don't take mood enhancers so this was new to me. It is said to stop an enzyme from breaking down acetylcholine which results in increases in acetylcholine. Acetylcholine is used for muscle contractions. This is all pretty interesting but I couldn't pronounce any of it if my life depended on it. This has 300mcg which is on the high end.

At one time, this has Arcofuel in it I think. My tub did not. This has been reported to be like nicotine and potentially cancer causing. Just throwing that out there but to note again..my tub did not have this so they must have pulled it out after the priceplow report on the ingredient.

This profile could have been a 9 without the extra stuff in there that is not researched, or it could have been an 8 had it not worked that well. Of course effectiveness does factor into the profile so I hit the middle.

Effectiveness 8.7/10

Speaking of effectiveness, this stuff worked! I went with just one scoop based on the caffeine and DMAA. That was a good call on my part. I had a lot of energy the first time I trained on this. I generally train between 75-90 minutes depending on who is there and how much spotting/evaluating I have to do. This here took me throughout my workout every time and I had plenty of energy left at the end. Sometimes I'd throw some bro-workout in with arms just because I still had plenty of energy and nowhere to be.

I used one scoop throughout the tub. I was actually at a heaping scoop by mid tub but not ever 1.5 scoops. Even on the days I was really tired from lack of sleep or a bad day at work, one scoop got me through the workout.

I can't really say I had increased focus or pump but once again, this is about energy and not fluff.

Side effects were minimal. I didn't personally get the jitters but my caffeine intake per day would be an issue with a lot of people. If I trained too late, I may toss and turn in bed for about 30 minutes before I could fall asleep which is rare for me anymore. Normal bathroom visits before hitting the weights. For me, the side effects were not a big deal at all.

Value 7/10

I may be a little hard on this but it's commonly found in the $40 range. You can score some in the low $30s which is where I got mine at ($32). That's not too bad and the fact that I only had to use a heaping scoop so it was close to the 30 servings on the label, that was good.

Overall 8/10

This was a great pre. The taste was enjoyable and it delivered what it promisedenergy. If you need to have the bro-pump at the end of your workout, you're going to have to add a pump product in with it which does decrease the value.

My tub had issues with all the powder being clumped together when I first ordered it. This was a winter order so it wasn't heat related but still could have been moisture related. I haven't heard if this is an issue with other people so we will have to wait.

I personally wouldn't give more than $38 for this product. It's great to have the DMAA again (which may be going away again) and the high caffeine but most people don't need that. You can get a good pre in the $35 range.

I do recommend this and ordered another tub already to throw in my cabinet in case the FDA gets bored again.
  • DMAA
  • High Caffeine
  • Slight Aftertaste
  • Sour Gummy Bears: 8/10

(Thanks to Nature Restore for sending it out!)
Thanks to the peeps over at Nature Restore for providing this product. This is a review about a supplement for your supplements...whhhhhaaatt, a supplement within a supplement!?!? We're going on an "Inception" inspired, Leo like trip into the product that is Astragin. Grab your little spinny tops, and don't worry, this is all real...just like at the end of the movie (seriously, how did people not get that the end sequence was reality in that movie? He explains before in the...never mind).

Dosage: 1 to 2 pills per day, taken pre-workout and post workout as needed.

Ingredient Profile (9.5...

Dosage: 1 to 2 pills per day, taken pre-workout and post workout as needed.

Ingredient Profile (9.5/10): Astragin is a compound composed of two herbal components; Astragalus membranaceus and Panax notoginseng. As stated in previous reviews on here, it has demonstrated the capability to increase the absorption of amino acids and vitamins as well as reducing inflammation. Some studies have indicated Arginine absorption could increase by as much as 60% when using Astragin. So essentially this is a supplement that works to help you get the most out of the other supplements and vitamins you are taking, what a novel concept!

Most products that utilize Astragin use a recommended 50mg dosage. With this product, you're getting 4 times that at 200mg per pill. A huge dose of this product to maximize its potential.

Mixture (N/A)/Taste (10/10): Well mixture is a moot point with this product since they are pills, and there is no noticeable aftertaste or nasty herbal burps, so pretty straight forward here.

Effectiveness (9/10): So the way I see it with what this product entails, you know it's working if the products you are taking with it are working well. I used a wide range of products while on Astragin; pre-workouts, BCAAs, Creatine, Proteins, essentially the whole gamut of supplements. I used an Agmatine product, Outlift by Nutrex, and Cavalry by Crusader Supplements as pre-workouts and this seemed to heighten the pump aspect of those products, particularly Outlift with its 8 grams of Citrulline. This also seemed to help the endurance with the pre-workouts containing Beta- Alanine.

I also started taking this post-workout with protein and BCAAs and my recovery was on point. Which was helpful since I was working out 6 days a week during most of my run on this. Maybe it was all in my head (Maybe Nature Restore sent their own Leo in to plant it in my head), but I don't find it as a coincidence that I felt a heightened sense of performance and recovery with the products I used while on this.

Value (9/10): For this particular brand of Astragin, the only place a google search yields is its own website at $32.95 for 90 pills. This comes out to roughly 36 cents a serving, so even if you took two a day you'd get a 45 day supply at 72 cents a day, a good deal in my book when you consider you get more out of all the other products you use as well.

In my experience, it was not a dream. Astragin really did seem to enhance the other products I was using along with it. This seems like a worthwhile investment for anyone who wants to improve the ultimate effectiveness of the supplements they use. I like this product, and give it a thumbs up and the Shinndigg Seal of Approval!

*Cue spinny top that shutters a split second before the frame goes out*
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Improved Recovery
  • Enhanced Pump Feel
  • Increase Supplement Absorption
  • Possible Placebo Effect

Cavalry (Crusader Supplements)
TROOPer Level: 35

(Thanks to Crusader Supplements for sending it out!)
A big thanks going out to Crusader Supplements for the hook up on this product as well as a t-shirt, always nice to get free stuff. More and more nowadays we're seeing pre-workouts hit the market with an emphasis on clinical dosages of effective ingredients that are fully disclosed on the labels. This is a trend I'm personally happy to see, and hope that continues to grow.

Dosage: Two scoops 20-30 minutes pre-workout.

Dosage: Two scoops 20-30 minutes pre-workout.

Ingredient Profile (8/10): This product can be taken at one or two scoops; I went with two to get the full experience. To start off a two scoop dose will hit you with 3.25 grams of Citrulline Malate, this is a little low in my opinion as I feel 6 to 8 grams of Citrulline Malate is more of an effective dose. Next up is 3 grams of Beta Alanine. While it falls a little shy of the 3.2 gram "magic number" for Beta Alanine, I feel a dosage between 3 to 4 grams of Beta Alanine is sufficient.

This product utilizes 3 types of creatine; Creatine Magnapower, Creatine HCL, and Creatinol-o-Phosphate for a total of 4 grams per two scoops. While I personally prefer creatine monohydrate, these alternative forms of creatine all show promise as effective strength and endurance builders. My personal experiences with Magnapower have been positive, and is a creatine that I trust now.

Rounding out the profile is 750mg of Agmatine Sulfate, which is a decent amount. Although I've found a dose of 1 gram to be most effective, this is still a decent amount. A generous dose of caffeine at 300mg, and Theobromine and phenylethylamine for nootropic affect.

All in all, a pretty decent profile that is fully disclosed.

Mixture (8/10): I mixed two scoops with about 16 to 18 ounces of water. Most of the powder dissolved, but there was a trace amount of undissolved powder at the bottom of the cup. Not the worst I have ever seen, but definitely noticeable.

Taste (7.5/10): The flavor I received for this product was called "Black Ice", described as a Blueberry/Pomegranate mix. The taste was pretty decent, not overly sweet or bitter. I would actually describe it as a little on the bland side, which I personally don't mind. This was an easy product to chug right before hitting the gym with no nasty lingering aftertaste.

Effectiveness (8.5/10): When considering the overall effectiveness of a pre-workout, I like to look at what I consider the 5 major points of performance: strength, endurance, energy, focus, and pumps.

Strength- With the three forms of creatine this product utilizes, it provided a nice little boost of strength. I was able to gradually increase weight on certain lifts, most notably incline press and dumbbells for curls. I was also able to maintain weight on other lifts such as squats and rows.

Endurance- I love training with Beta Alanine, it's one of my favorite supplements overall to use. Some research I have read suggests that combining Beta Alanine with Creatinol-o-Phosphate can help further increase endurance. My experience with this product leads me to believe that statement. I was training at a little bit of a higher rep range at 6-8 reps on most lifts, and I was able to pump them out and keep coming back for more while using this product.

Energy- Hard not to feel something with 300mg of caffeine, even a hardened stim junkie like myself can feel a little bump with that. I did tend to crash afterwards though, so that is the one drawback.

Focus- I didn't quite experience that "tunnel vision" euphoria you can find at times with a pre-workout sometimes, but the focus factor with this product was decent and noticeable.

Pumps- Pumps I would say were around average. Cirulline and Agmatine are a good combo for pumps, but I feel that with both ingredients on the lower side of the spectrum in dosage the pumps weren't as prevalent as I have felt with other pre-workouts. Still a good feeling and some veins popping, but nothing to rant and rave over.

Value (5/10): The only place I was able to spot this was on Crusader's own website at $59.99. If you take two scoops like I did, which is the only way I feel you'd get any benefit from this product, then you're paying right at about $2 a serving. While I did like this product, that's a super steep price tag to pay. Hopefully this becomes available at major outlets at a more reasonable price.

This is a solid pre-workout that provides some quality ingredients and quality results. It's a bummer that it's not widely available or at a decent price yet though. However this does get a thumbs up from me, and the Shinndigg Seal of Approval!
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Increased Strength
  • Good Endurance
  • Fully Disclosed Label
  • Caffeine Crash
  • Black Ice: 7/10

(Thanks to RXS Supplements for sending it out!)
Shout outs and thanks to the peeps at RXS Supplements for the hook up to the TROOPs. One of the necessary evils in fitness is cutting. I know I personally don't like to do it, and I don't know too many others that do. At the core of any good cutting cycle along with a proper diet of course is a good thermogenic product.

Dosage: 1 scoop typically taken first thing in the morning, also taken pre cardio at varying times.

Ingredient Profile (7/10): So right off the bat I was turned off to the profile since it was all in one big prop blend (booo). The prop blend seems a little small at 2.8 grams considering the vast amount of ingredients listed in it. The top listed ingredient in Acetyl-L-Carnitine which is a well known fat loss aid. A lot of focus/nootropic ingredients with Choline, Theanine, Theobromine, and Noopept. The one thing that is listed is that there is 200mg of caffeine, which is a decent amount for a thermo. This product also utilizes DMHA, which is a powerful stimulant and enhancer, and Alpha Yohimbine for fat loss support.

A lot of the profile looks intriguing; however we don't know exactly what we're getting due to the prop blend, and a lot of it could very well not be at clinical doses due to the small blend size.

Mixture (7/10): Even with the small scoop size of 3.7 grams, and using more than the called for amount of water (I used about 16 oz, opposed to the 6-8 called for in the directions) I still managed to get a little bit of undissolved powder at the bottom of my shaker. I could never get everything to fully dissolve with this product, got pretty gritty to the bottom of the cup.

Taste (5/10): The reason I used so much water was to cut down the flavor of this product, the flavor I received was "Orange Candy". All I have to say is yikesvery strong bitter taste, with lingering aftertaste that wasn't very pleasant either. Normally I don't mind orange flavored drinks or supplements, but this one was pretty rough for my taste buds. This is the only flavor I've seen for this product in my searching, so hopefully they develop another one.

Effectiveness (9/10): So for all this products sins, it makes up for it ultimately in the one area that matters: Performance. The DMHA, Yohimbine, and caffeine are clearly the ingredients that do the work and carry the load with this product in my scope.

Energy/Thermo Affect- With a fair amount of caffeine and the added DMHA, you are not at a loss for energy with this product. I have unconventional methods and means of doing "cardio", I'm very active outdoors and love to go on hikes, I play with my dog at the park every day, and I also play a lot of pickup basketball with some buddies of mine. Taking this before each one of those endeavors always amped me up with plenty of energy to spare. I did tend to lose steam towards the end of the work day on this and would need the lift of my pre-workout to hit the gym in the evenings, so there is a slight crash to this.

I could definitely feel the burn too when this kicked in, I could feel my core temperature rise and I was definitely sweating it out more often than normally. When I would take it in the mornings, I would still feel it hours later when I would show up for work. This product definitely performs in this area.

Focus- With the goulash of focus and nootropic ingredients this contains, it provides decent focus factor. Particularly when I would play basketball I would notice this, I seemed to find guys open more often and had a more conscious though to my shot.

Cravings- This seems to do well in this area. Taking this in the morning paired with a small breakfast shortly after and a fiber filled protein bar always got me through the day without wanting to gnaw my arm off. I was at a pretty low caloric intake during my run of this product and I hardly ever had the urge to snack or binge save the weekly cheat meal or two.

All in all I ended up dropping about 6 pounds from roughly 188 to 182 during my run on this product. I am pleased with the results this product provided.

Value (6/10): This product doesn't seem widely available yet. The only place I've been able to locate this so far is RXS's own website at $69.99 for 45 servings or $1.55 per serving. That's a pretty high price tag no matter how you slice it. Hopefully this will be featured at major outlets soon at a more reasonable price.

So overall, I did like how this product performed. There were smaller nuances that I did not enjoy like the taste and mixture. However this is a solid thermo product, that could become a elite with a little tweaking and disclosure of ingredients. This product does well enough all things considered though to get the thumbs up, and an honorable mention for the Shinndigg Seal of Approval.
  • Noticeable Thermo Affect
  • Strong Focus
  • Curbs Cravings
  • Prop Blend
  • Orange Candy: 5/10

ISOTOPE (Redcon1)
TROOPer Level: 35

(Thanks to Redcon1 for sending it out!)
Big thanks to Redcon1 for the hookup on this product and many of their others to the TROOPs. A whey isolate is the choice of many for a post-workout shake, and with good reason. Whey isolates provide fast absorbing protein without the fat, cholesterol, and added calories of a concentrate. But not all isolates are created equal, so here's my scope into this particular one:

Dosage: 1 scoop post-workout, mixed with a carb supplement.

Dosage: 1 scoop post-workout, mixed with a carb supplement.

Ingredient profile (5/10): What could possibly be wrong with a whey isolate? Well the process that the protein goes through to become an isolate has a lot to do with how the finished product comes out. Cold processed, filtered whey isolate is the best method for my two cents worth, which is the primary source of this product.

So far, so good. Now for the bummer, ion-exhanged whey isolate. In layman's terms Ion-exchange is an isolation process that utilizes hydrochloric acid and sodium hydroxide to positively and negatively charge ions in the protein that all but eliminates the fat and carbs in the protein. The issue with this process is that it significantly denatures major sub-fractions of the protein: gylcomacropeptides, and Alpha Lactalbumin. A large part of the essential aminos and bioactive proteins are contained in these sub-fractions. I've never been a fan of this process since discovering what it entails.

The rest of the protein profile is hydrolyzed whey isolate, which is the fastest absorbing and purest form of protein you can get. So while this product does utilize good forms of whey isolate, the inclusion of ion exchange totally ruins it for me. You do get 25 grams of protein per 32 gram scoop though, which is 78% protein so at least the ratio is good on this product.

Mixture (9/10): A few shakes in a shaker cup do the trick for this product. One of the benefits of isolates is they dissolve and mix extremely well, and this product is no exception. There is a little bit of foam that tends to occur with proteins that contain hydrolyzed whey, but not excessive.

Taste (9/10): I tried out the chocolate flavor in this product, which is usually my default when trying a new protein. Of the numerous chocolate proteins I have tried in my life this one is one of the tastiest I have ever enjoyed. This product has a wonderful light, sweet flavor with no bad lingering after taste, a real treat after a workout.

Effectiveness (7/10): A protein powder in my eyes is the foundation you set for your recovery and nutrition, it won't necessarily give you all kinds of gainzzbut it is a solid building block to work off of. I noticed the usual recovery aspects a good whey isolate gives you, decreased soreness, ect. However in the back of my mind knowing that part of the protein I was putting in me was incomplete and denatured kind of ruins the nutritional aspect of the protein for me.

Value (5/10): The cheapest spot you can cop this that I found is actually Redcon1's own website at $34.99 for 30 servings. This comes out to approximately $1.16 per serving, which is a little on the high side when it comes to protein, even isolates. Not to beat a dead horse or anything, but when you consider that along with the higher price tag per serving, part of the protein you are getting is of a lower quality, it makes the value less significant.

Overall while this product does contain quality isolate proteins, the inclusion of the ion-exchange isolate makes this product a swing and a miss in my eyes. If those were taken out, I feel this would be an excellent product. The rest of Redcon1's lineup looks promising and I look forward to trying and reviewing them, this one however was a dud for me. Thumbs down!
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Mixes Well
  • Tastes Good
  • Pricey
  • Partially Denatured Protein
  • Chocolate: 9/10

Stimul8 Pumped (FINAFLEX)
kalans
TROOPer Level: 70

** Supplement Facts + Introduction **
After seeing this product launch I said there is no way I would actually buy it... So my buddy was getting rid of some products he came across and had this! He said his boss gave it to him where he works, but I still teased him saying he wanted to be big like Jay on it. Lets get this craptastic product out the way: straight proprietary blend, underdosed, Nitrosigine + Agmatine for pumps, and elevATP for the energy.. Well we all know finaflex is known for their proprietary blends, so no surprise here.. Stimul8 is known to be very strong, so why go with this name for their pump product? Surely they wanted to ride the coat tails of the name, or to stack it with Stimul8 for added effectiveness or making it more of a complete preworkout. It seems they were trying to do as Purus Labs has with Noxygen, but with more lackluster effects. Really there isn't any possible way to achieve good dosing on this product at 1 serving, so does 2 servings work? Check the link below for Mike to dissect and analyze how underdosed this product is: https://blog.priceplow.com/supplement-news/stimul8-pumped

** Taste + Mixability + Dosing **
Well like Noxygen it is unflavored, and is a little biter. It is tasteless when you add it to anything, and isn't much of a texture difference. Being it is only 1g per serving, mixability isn't really an issue. Dosing was done in several different ways: alone preworkout, with preworkout, 1 serving, 2 serving, 3 serving. Read effectiveness for more of a breakdown.

** Effectiveness (5/10) **
Starting off I was un-dieting, which means I wasn't counting calories etc so needless to say I am loaded on carbs so that alone my pumps are noticeable. Moving forward to taking this product preworkout alone with no other supplements, I didn't notice much of anything at all. The next day I ran this in the same instance except I added some BCAA's, more notable but rated at 6/10. Next I ran it with two servings, and while the pump factor was better it still remained more of a 6/10. I even went ahead and tried three servings to see if there was much of a change, and well yes there is! Finally at the last resort I felt the product had some hope. Three servings to get less than what is given in a normal pump product? I tried adding it at 1 serving to a preworkout that contained no pump ingredients, but not much of a noticeable effect. At 2 servings it was decent, but really nothing stood as good as when it was added to a product with pump ingredients. At 1.5 servings it worked decently well with a product that contained pump ingredients, but not enough to consider adding this product into a stack. And lets talk about the elevATP, which has always had me going in other products when it is dosed at 150mg which is the recommended serving dosage.. So at 3 servings my Heart Rate should be soring high, yet it really didn't have much of an effect. Nothing in here to give the focus or stimulant effect such as Stimul8 has in the past. So my question is, WHAT THE HELL Finaflex? Are they just underdosing this product to death, or are they just flat out lying on the label?

** Value (3.5/10) **
Fortunately this product isn't very expensive, but the value aspect is an issue still. At 30 servings where you are looking for a boost in your preworkout, this comes to $0.70 per serving at the cheapest online price ($21), and at a better effectiveness the cost per serving is $1.40! Remember this is only 3 ingredients, and they are underdosed at that! Noxygen is more comparable and effective than this!

** Conclusion (4.2/10) **
I really can't believe Finaflex would think this would work, in terms of formula and sales.. Too expensive for what it is at 1 serving, and even worse with multiple servings which is needed due to being so underdosed.. Do you know the lryics "This sh8t is bananas, B-A-N-A-N-A-S" well I believe Bananas would have been better for pump, and greater value too! So nope, no recommendation for this product as there are better complete products out there along with preworkouts that include these ingredients and more.
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Patented Ingredients
  • Ineffective At Suggested Serving
  • Barely Effective At Double Suggested Serving
  • Underdosed
  • Poor Value
  • Proprietary Blend

** Introduction + Supplement Facts **
** Introduction + Supplement Facts **
I really hate to admit it, but I actually do have about 1-3 snacks a week which might be a protein bar. When it comes to this type of product, nothing is ever created equally. I have purchased the impact bars from myprotein many times in the past, and their Carmel nut bar was the "healthier" version of a snickers bar. I decided to try the new Mybar Zero, because of the sale they were having and the profile seemed decent enough to consider. Per bar it is listed at almost 200 Calories depending on your flavor, of that 6g of fat 2.5g of carbs and 20g of protein. The fat is higher than some bars on the market, while the carbs are at a good lower level. Protein content is at an appropriate dosage, and the source being from Milk protein which is cheap but effective and much better than soy!! The good news is this bar is should be practically lactose free, for those who have issues.

** Taste + Dosing **
As indicated above, I liked the Carmel Nut bar previously on their impact bar so I thought I should like this one.. It is much different! The flavor is tasty enough, but the texture is harder yet spongy. There are plenty of nuts, which proved to be the better tasting aspect of this product. I heated up the bar for about 10 seconds a few times to soften it up, which did help and made it more palatable. Dosing was done to fit my needs with having a snack in between meals at work once a day and 1-3 times a week typically.

** Effectiveness (8.6/10) **
Who can really say how effective a protein supplement is? Are we doing any lab tests to see the levels in our blood, or only speculations? Really this is the true reason we have had companies easily lie to us with the amino spiked products of the past and hopefully not present. The way that I will judge effectiveness is really based on digestion, which was nothing notable ie no issues. How well it kept my appetite or hunger at bay, which it did well enough to help curve my appetite until I was able to properly fulfill my dietary needs. Did I notice increase recovery due to the aminos digested in the protein? Really couldn't tell you due to the dosing not being consistent, and really you could have way too many variables to look at ie diet. I was able to supplement this product into my dietary needs, which were based on hunger as it wasn't always consistent. In the end they fit the bill just about as well as any other protein bar I have had, and the digestion was better than others as I didn't have any sugar alcohol digestion issues like the Met-RX bars I used to have!

** Value (8.8/10) **
It appears that the batch was very limited as it is not listed and is out of stock when I look at my order, which isn't uncommon with myprotein and their bars sadly. The price I purchased them for was on a sale at $15 for 12 bars, costing $1.25 which is really unbeatable! Their typical pricing is around $20 IIRC coming out to $1.66 per bar, which again is still unbeatable!

** Conclusion (8.7/10) **
Overall I am satisfied and can recommend it, but feel the texture and taste could still be improved. I am happy with the value, as the price is typically better than other bars on the market as you can easily find a discount. The best advice I can give you is to heat the bar slightly, as that allows it to be more enjoyable.. But I don't eat these bars for the taste, but rather for convenience and I am not able to get a complete meal in or due to lack of microwaves etc.
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Excellent Value
  • Competetive To No Sugar Protein Bars
  • Good Profile
  • Cheaper Than Quest
  • Out Of Stock
  • No Fiber
  • Carmel Nut: 6/10