Recent Expert Reviews

Our expert review team consists of 25+ hand-selected members who have demonstrated superior supplement and fitness knowledge. Our community looks to our Expert Reviewers as a trustworthy and unbiased source of information. For more information, please visit this page.

Thanks to NutraBio for sending it out!

We all know casein is great for those midnight gains but I found this in another useful way for me. Nutrabio makes some proteins that have always proven to me to be top quality. I have used several blends as a bedtime protein before and typically not a fan of straight casein but this one was a lot better than those previous ones.

Straight up Miscellar Casein and that is just about it, other than the very small amount of natural flavoring in it.

Very small amount of Carbs with this too at only 2 grams. I think that is one reason this does not give the huge bloat feeling. Also this is very very low on Fat at only .5 grams! Try getting 25 grams of protein from some foods with only 2 grams of carbs and .5 grams of fat and only 115 calories.!

I had the Strawberry and it was great! I loved using it some milk and every once in a while I would mix it with some ice cream.
This mixes great. For a casein it actually mixed better than some older whey proteins I have used.!

No I never noticed huge gains in the gym with this but I will say this helped me with night time hunger and to help fuel my body with something to help recover while I slept. Now because it helped with hunger so well I started using this with my breakfast, which typically is a omelet of some sort. This really made a huge difference in my mid-morning days. I would typically have breakfast around 7 am and be pretty hungry around 9 am. If I had this with my breakfast at 7 am I was usually not hungry till around 11 am which is close to my lunch so it worked out my better for me. I did not notice much on recovery per-say but I did seem to fill out a bit more and was noticing some muscle coming on a bit easier.

I have said it before but you get what you pay for. For around 40 bucks you get 28 servings which is a bit high but this is not a cheap protein. Nutrabio does not cut corners when they make supplements and this is no difference.

Side Effects

Can be a bit thick with milk.

Conclusion

Typically I like real food more so than a casein at night but this one did not feel as heavy as others have. I really liked this for my mornings though to help with morning hunger and this was the trick for me. If you are needing to watch calories and fat an still get some quality protein I would certainly check this out. Thank you nutrabio!
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • 100 % Micellar Casein
  • Great Profile
  • Best Mixing Casein I've Tried
  • Versatile
  • Can Be Expensive
  • Wild Strawberry : 8/10

RELOAD Recovery Matrix (NutraBio)

Thanks to NutraBio for sending it out!

Well if have been on Sr.com any at all you will know that Nutrabio makes great product's. This is no different. Nutrabio has always been very giving to Sr.com and I want to thank them for that. I hope they continue to be a part of it and also continue to make top shelf products as they do.

Too much to cover everything. But if you know anything at all about reading the label of a supplement label, take one look at this and be amazed.
Anabolic Growth IBCAA'S 8grams and I really think you need 8 grams of Bcaa to really benefit from them.
M...

Muscle Recovery Accelerator of 7.5 grams which consists of L-glutamine, L-Carnitine, Okg, and Glycine. Glutamine has always been a very effective supplement for me and also aids in just overall health benefits, especially during cold and flu season.
Strength and Growth Matrix which has 5100 mg consisting of Beta-alanine, betaine, Creatine Hydrochloride, and creatine Magnapower. Now the only one I am on the fence about is the Magnapower, I know it is studied a lot, I have even used as a standalone , but I just do not get much from it.
Electrolyte and Rehydration Optimizer packing in at 1.9grams
Also their some 15 mg of niacin which is a great little addition for a number of reasons. Also their is no additional Dye's or unnecessary fillers or additives.
Nutrabio always shows and fully disclosed label that I trust.

It does sink a bit, but it mixes fine in a blender bottle, Just a slight shake after it settles some you are fine. I had the Orange Mango and as always they nail the flavor.

Now I decided to use this the day after training around mid-morning. The one thing that I found odd was the tingle's from the beta alanine. Now I do not think this one has more in it than others, but for some reason they would always hit me hard for a few min's. Being on a Four day a week full body workout's this stuff proved to be pretty awesome. I was on my program for about 2 weeks prior to trying this and I stayed sore and stiff. While on this I noticed dramatic decrease in soreness. Now I never used this as a Intra so I can not say how it would work for recovery rates while working out between sets. But I can say that it did seem I was able to increase my weights and speed of my workout's while on this as well. I do feel that one thing that helped me feel overall better was the added Hydration this provides. I sweat a lot at work and taking this while at work seemed to always ( perk ) me up somewhat. Nutrabio proved to me that this helped recovery in several areas and true recovery aid should do.

40 bucks for 30 servings, Yea it is a bit high, but this has helped me recover better than some others I have tried in the past. Now I feel this is maybe just an ( extra ) supplement and may not truly be needed. But if you are one that takes training serious and supplements serious this maybe something you want to give a go.

Side Effects

Zero

Conclusion

Nutrabio has proven over and over they make top tier products. This is no different, I would like to catch a sale on this and try it again as strictly a Intra and see how it works like that. If you are looking for a great recovery product give this a go. You will not be disappointed.
Thank you Nutrabio for being so good to this site and letting so many here give a go with your great products.
  • Reduced DOMS
  • Little Pricey
  • Orange Mango: 8/10

BREACH (Redcon1)
TROOPer Level: 40

I've been fortunate enough to get to try out several of Redcon1's products via the TROOP, this one however I opened up the wallet and spent my own greenbacks on to try out. BCAAs are one of my cornerstone supplements, and probably the supplement I use the most. One of the positives about BCAAs is you can take them pretty much any time and they are beneficial. Here's my breakdown on Breach:

2 scoop mixed with Redcon1's Cluster Bomb and taken as a peri/intra-workout drink. Better known as the "Gym 40".

Ingredient Profile (8/10)

A fairly simple formula with a few twi...

Ingredient Profile (8/10)

A fairly simple formula with a few twists in this product, but sometimes simple is effective. Fully disclosed product label, so bonus points for that. This profile starts off with 5 grams of BCAAs per scoop in the traditional 2:1:1 ratio; 2.5 grams Leucine, and 1.25 grams of Isoleucine and Valine. 1 gram each of Coconut Water Powder and Glycerol for hydration support, 1 gram of Taurine for endurance support and a 400mg electrolyte complex of 240mg of potassium and 160mg of sodium.

I like the simplified approach to this product with the emphasis on hydration; this makes it an ideal intra-workout product.

Mixture (8/10)

As noted above I used this along with Redcon1's Cluster Bomb HBCD carbohydrate product. I mixed them both together with 40 ounces of water in my creation I dubbed the "Gym 40", which was nearly twice the amount of water called for the two products together. Since BCAAs tend to be a more fine powder that dissolves quickly the grit in my concoction I attributed to the HBCDs I was using with this, and I used this on its own a few times as well and it mixed just fine.

Taste (7/10)

I got the Strawberry Kiwi flavor in this product to coincide with the same flavor I got in the Cluster Bomb. Taste overall was decent, but not great. No terrible surprises or lingering aftertastes and the flavoring is mild and not overpowering.

Effectiveness (9/10)

This performed up to par with what a good BCAA should do for you when utilizing as an intra-workout. Improved recovery time and reduced rest breaks during workouts. I was pumping out workouts at or around the 2 hour mark during the course of my use with this product, and I experienced some excellent recovery periods. Definitely felt well hydrated as I was never really thirsty during my workouts, and made adequate stops at the urinal. I rarely ever went over the minute mark for rest breaks. On its own, it's great as a drink to sip on throughout your workout. Combined with Cluster Bomb this made for a superb peri/intra workout mix.

Value (7/10)

When I bought this, it was on a BOGOF at A1. But that deal has evidently come and passed. So the cheapest spot to nab this looks like Tiger Fitness at $32.49 for 30 servings, or $1.08 per serving. A decent price considering all you get, but perhaps slightly on the high side for a BCAA product.

Conclusion and Verdict

This is a legit and solid BCAA product either on it's own or stacked with HBCD or other carb energy source. Provides excellent recovery and hydration, and is easy to mix and drink. This gets a solid thumbs up and Shinndigg Seal of Approval!
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Improves Recovery
  • Hydrates
  • Mixes Well
  • Slightly Expensive
  • Strawberry Kiwi: 7/10

PRE Extreme (NutraBio)

Thanks to NutraBio for sending it out!

First off let me say thank you to Nutrabio for being such a big part of this site and letting so many of us here try some of their amazing products. One thing that stands out to me is when they send out products they always send a packet full of useful information of the products . I find this not only very professional, but also nice to see a little more info than what might be seen on the Website.

Packed with everything you could want in a preworkout. First one is 15 grams of HBCD, which I have just recently learned how important added benefits they provide. Now with just one massive scoop of 40.74 grams you also get a performance complex, a strength, power and recovery complex.
One complex I really like in supplement is electrolyte's, and hydration. You can never be hydrated enough I think.
For energy Nutrabio gives you a focus and drive complex that consists of 350 mg of caffeine anhydrous and TheaPure at 300mg , Yohimbe HCI at 4mg and Huperzine A at 100mcg along with a few other goodies just for energy and focus.
There is also a Nitric Oxide matrix that has Agamatine Sulfate and Nitrosigine also.
All together you have 21 research backed Ingredients. All this with NO FILLERS AND NO ADDITIVES! AND NO DYES! And as always fully disclosed label.

I had Raspberry lemonade and I loved this. Very good. Perfect all the way around. Mixed just like all the other Nutrabio products have without an issue.

Endurance was outstanding! But first let me say this also provides some pretty good pumps that seem to hit rather fast when compared to other recent Preworkout's I have used. The pumps are not deep, but rather just what I call surface pumps, but still they come on really quick, For example when warming up on bench just by doing my normal bar reps for like 50 reps and then 135 for 15 for speed, I would have a pump that would stay the rest of the workout. That normally would not happen with other Preworkout's.
Now for the energy, quite different also. As other's mentioned this is not a Knock your socks off kind of Product, but more like the little engine that could. You just keep on grinding with this stuff. Seriously this stuff is great for quick recovery between sets and for long endurance needed workouts. Now I did do some cardio with this at the end of my weightlifting routines and this would keep me going even when I really did not want to do it.
I also was going for some high volume workouts and this was just what the doctor ordered for that.
I want to note that this did not give me the type of aggression that I like to have at times, but It did seem to keep me with enough focus and energy to get some great workouts in.

It's not cheap. But you get what you pay for and Nutrabio has really went all in to make this a true contender for those looking to have a top tier Pre.
At 40+ bucks for 20 servings it is going to make you double check your order before clicking the confirm button. But You have to look at the label and understand what you are getting and by the company that is truly trusted in my opinion.

Side Effects

Some stomach issues a few times but not sure if it was something else or my diet that was causing some of it either.
I will also say that this did seem to keep me up at night on few occasions also.

Conclusion

Nutrabio is one of my top picks for most things supplement wise, and this is a bit higher than what I would typically want to go for but I did have some awesome workout sessions with this and the ingredients is off-the-chain too.
Thank you Nutrabio for taking part in SR.com
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Great Formula
  • Mood Enhancer
  • Appropriate Amounts Of Ingredients
  • Easy To Scoop Container
  • Great Label
  • Great Endurance
  • No Proprietary Blends
  • Needs More Servings
  • Kept Me Up Some Nights
  • GI Issues
  • Raspberry Lemonade: 9/10

Stars 'N Pipes (Merica Labz)
TROOPer Level: 81

(SR paid for product; Merica Labz did not participate)

So what is Merica? Awesome that is what. The land of the Strong, the Proud and the Swole. Merica Labz has really captured that in this Pump product.

Pretty big scoop size on this one 20.3 grams for one scoop. With that big scoop it gives you 6000mg of L-Citrulline, 5000mg of Betaine Anhydrous and the kicker to help both of these is the 5000mg of Hydromax.
I think the Hydromax is what really makes this shine, because this one ingredient is shown to help with absorption, and hydration by helping store more water for the purpose of rehydratin...

I think the Hydromax is what really makes this shine, because this one ingredient is shown to help with absorption, and hydration by helping store more water for the purpose of rehydrating.
I will say I read that Hydromax is best used on a 1:1 ratio, which means for every gram of another ingredient there should be one gram of Hydromax. For example if you have 5 grams of creatine you should have 5 grams of Hydromax. Now the only question I have is, lets say you have 5 grams of creatine and 6 grams of Cit mal. Do you need 11 grams of Hydromax or 6?

Suggested dose is one scoop.
Taste is freaking awesome!. I had Blood sweat and tears and the flavor is very unique. Hard to explain the taste, Kinda tropical as you can taste the coconut some but the rest of the flavor really blends well.
Mixing. Great! Blender bottle and you will have no issues!

First couple of times I used this I was really surprised at how well it worked. It has been a while since I had something bring the veins out like this did. Honestly it is really a good motivator for me too. Seeing everything popping out is really awesome and getting compliments about it is nice too.
I did not use this every workout. I have been on a 4 day a week full body workout and this was nice to throw in on a couple days a week. On some days this seemed to really help my endurance as well and I would throw in some more sets to enhance those pumps even more. I will say that I upped the dose after a few tries and this was the sweet spot for me. I take 5- 10 grams of creatine a day and when I upped my dose to 1 and 1/2 scoops this stuff truly shined and hit the spot. Arm pumps was painful at times. I would also get back and chest pumps that come on quick and seemed to stay a good while after the gym as well.
I also did seem to stay hydrated a bit better with this.

A bit higher than I like, but I feel this is something like a luxury item anyway and only used when really going in to hit the pumps and fill those muscles full of blood. I have found this around 35 - 39 bucks but this only comes with 20 servings and if like me and you up the dose another 1/2 scoop that really drops the value. But I have to weigh in the fact that this really did provide some awesome pumps so I guess you get what you pay for.

Side Effects

The added Hydromax dose add a slightly chalking taste to this and feel in the mouth but it dose not last long.

Conclusion

If the price or servings per container was improved this would be a win-win product. I loved the taste, mixing and pumps I got from this.
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Pumps!
  • Endurance
  • Hydration
  • Blood sweat and tears: 9/10

Thanks to Integrity Nutrition for sending it out!
---- Supplement Facts & Introduction ----
---- Supplement Facts & Introduction ----
With life being so busy at times it can be helpful to have a sleepaid on deck, but I don't need a prescription nor want to take pharmaceuticals.. So I turn to supplements, and for a good reason.. Effectiveness, without the damaging effects to our liver along with dosage control especially in powder form. There are many aspects that I like about this label: fully disclosed label, well formulated, efficient dosages, and not overloading the phenubit! L-Tryptophan is a unique and good addition, as I can't think of any products that particularly contain this ingredient let alone this great of a dosage. If you have read any of my other sleep aid reviews you will know my issue is the large amounts of phenubit due to it being habit forming and experiencing withdraws. The worst part of many products is the fact that they will hide the dosage in a proprietary blend, this includes the likes of Hi-Tech (shady behavior, but I won't rant here). 500mg of phenubit is a good maintenance dose, but it still is something to be considerate of due to tolerance build up also. Integrity has stated in a comment to another review "the addictive dose is 3g+ over the course of a month", which I disagree as I have become addicted (aka habit formed) with lower dosages of consistent usage. Lastly my container showed only 6mg of melatonin which is what the owner stated reducing from 10mg, which is good for me as I take 5mg per night when I am not reviewing a sleep aid. I like this formula as it isn't too strong on dosages where a user could get knocked out and wake up groggy, yet strong enough to allow for half dosing for beginners or those with fewer time to sleep.

---- Taste, Mixability, Dosing ----
Watermelon, really it has never been a great supplement flavor with this product not being an exception. It taste too artificial and sweet, but since I take it before going to bed I am able to brush my teeth soon after. Mixability is fine with no issues here. Dosing was done as indicated above for need or hours of sleep available, with that being 1/2 serving to 1 full serving.

Effectiveness (8.8/10)

Working 12 hour shifts at a hospital can really wear you out along with your body, as time to time you will be 7-8 hours into a shift when you realize that you have yet to go to the restroom because you have been that busy! I know all my fellow nursing/medical workers can tell you all about that, and thus your body is put into a little more stress especially when you are on your feet all day. So nonetheless I have come home very worn out, but not always have I been able to fall asleep. There are many distractions that cause some of this, which can be using my phone or watching T.V. before bed. I have been working at developing better bed time habits in which I get rid of those devices or limit the use. I normally will take a 5mg Melatonin Sublingual Tab before bed, and in 20-30 minutes I start to get sleepy. I can fight this feeling and stay on my phone watching something, but eventually it can wear off if not asleep soon enough. When I review a sleep aid I will discontinue the use of the Melatonin and take the sleep aid 30 minutes before bed.

I want to mention that sleep is severely important for our overall health, due to the fact this is the time when our bodies do not have to work as hard and recovers most readily. Being that we typically do not get a full amount of sleep, it is helpful to make the sleep the most effective in the short amount of time in order to get the greatest benefit from it. With the first time taking this I started out with a 1/2 serving, especailly since the serving gram dosage wasn't given. I found myself starting to fall asleep within 15-20 minutes while using it, for most of the container. Eventually I went up in the serving size to accommodate the tolerance build up, which was judged based on how well I would sleep by not sleeping as long or how I felt in the mornings. In my previous experience using FinaFlex G8 the build up of phenubit in my system caused me to have a hangover for 2 days.. Fortunately that never happened with KD, with most nights I was using it and I normally would sleep for 6-8 hours but definitely could sleep longer. On my days off that I used KD I would sleep closer to 9 hours which is plenty for me. I am used to only sleeping 6-7 hours a night, and while using this product I would still sleep that amount of time but would wake up more refreshed. Ultimately this product was perfect in getting me to fall asleep faster, allowing me to stay asleep, waking up feeling very rested!

Side Effects

As noted in previous sleep aid reviews, phenubit is very addictive.. I have experienced withdraws yet again while reviewing this product. I had partial insomnia when I didn't take this product, and not just after the completion but rather the days in between not taking it! Which would make me want to take it even more, thus giving a greater addiction. It took me a good week with no sleep aids including not Melatonin (wasn't necessary), which I had withdraws from it fairly bad. Other than that I also have had some groggy mornings, which is to be expected.

Value (8.4/10)

Surprisingly the cost on this product is actually cheap! Especially considering how well dosed it is and the servings. You can find it on their website for $30 at 30 servings giving you $1 per serving, and even more value is to be had if you use 1/2 a serving! I defiantly find the value of this product to be exceedingly well.

Overall (8.6/10)

I can recommend this product easily for it being well formulated and effective, yet the value is also good. It isn't in my top 5 sleep aids that I have reviewed, but it does have its pros. Don't expect it to be the strongest product ever, yet be cautious when taking it.

10x Review reminder: please update the status of Integrity Nutrition - Keep Dream-IN
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Deep Restful Sleep
  • Effective At Putting You Out
  • Great Value
  • Potency
  • Transparent Label
  • Fully Dosed
  • Hangover
  • Withdraws
  • Habbit Forming
  • Watermelon: 4/10

Daily 100 - All Natural Multivitamin (ADN)
TROOPer Level: 81

Thanks to ADN for sending it out!

I feel everyone, no matter your age or active level you should take some sort of multivitamin . Now days with so many processed foods and fast easy meals, no way is anyone person getting the right kind of vitamin needed.

Well I do not want to repeat the preach the Cray here said about this but, compared to other ( what I call ) basic multivitamins.

Now It is not terrible but when put up against others in the sport supplement world, like vital4u, or optimen, or beverly int, and Animal pak and so on. This one comes way short on what others have packed in them and as cray mentioned the delivery method of it also.
Now like I say this would be a good cheap option for a basic normal Monday- Friday worker. But if you are at all active in the gym or any type of fitness and pushing the body more than a basic lunch time walk with a coworker you are gonna want to step up your Multivitamin some.
Now also mentioned earlier was the delivery method. This comes in a veg cap, and to me somethings this is okay but for most things in a multi you need a Hard- pressed pill , for slower digestion.
As far as what is actually in this, massively under dosed. Like vit D , 400Iu? Really? Vit B,C and others are also very low for someone more active than a potato.

I did not have any issue with these , expect once , one kinda got stuck in my throat and It was really annoying for a while, I could really taste it for a good while after that. That only happened once though and I learned to chug water till it was gone for good after that.
3 pills a day with a meal. Easy to do first thing in the morning.

Well this is not a super pill, not a pump pill, not an energy pill. Nothing special so you are not going to feel different ( well not major anyway ). This will make your pee glow in the dark though. Now I did not feel worse on this, but I also did not feel better while on this either. Now to give some idea on how some higher power multi's help. I will say that the Vital4u multi's helped my allergies, my mood, energy and just overall I felt better on them.
Optimen are super effective for just three pills as well. I feel good, I actually get some get vein's popping out at the gym more while on it too, so that suggests better blood flow. Now I never had anything like that with these. But I also never had any bad side's either.

I actually found this on Groupon for 15 bucks and that is a good deal there.
But at the same time. You get what you pay for.

Side Effects

Conclusion

Not bad for older generation or a couch potato looking to start walking the block.
I am afraid I would not suggest these , not until they go back and add more of... well everything to be honest.
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Easy 3 Pills
  • Introduces Nothing New
  • Under-dosed Compared To Competitors
  • Get What You Pay For

Vasogen 60ct (VMI Sports Nutrition)
TROOPer Level: 40

Thanks to VMI Sports Nutrition for sending it out!
One final shout out and thanks to VMI for hooking up the TROOPs with many goodies and products. Who doesn't love a good pump? Very few things can motivate you more than some muscle filling, vein popping, pump action. Here is my experience with Vasogen XT:

Dosage

2 pills, stacked with VMI's K-XR pre-workout.

Ingredient Profile (6/10)

Dosage

2 pills, stacked with VMI's K-XR pre-workout.

Ingredient Profile (6/10)

So right off the bat we're lead to do deductive reasoning since the profile in the form of a prop blend. 2 pills is going to hit you with 1250mg of this prop blend which includes: Schizandra Berry Powder, Agmapure Agmatine Sulfate, Pine Bark Extract, Vinitrox, Hawthorne Berry Powder, Sodium Chloride, and Theobromine. All fine and well these ingredients are together in a formula, but there are two problems: 1) We don't know how much we're getting of each ingredient. And 2) By deductive reasoning, the amounts of these ingredients is likely well underdosed. E.g Agmapure, listed as the second ingredient in this blend when a 500mg to 750mg dose is the bare minimum to get any real effectiveness, 1 gram is the magic number so to speak.

So while the profile is good in theory, it's likely lacking in effective dosages.

Dosing (10/10)

These pills were reasonably sized and easy to swallow. No aftertaste or unpleasant surprises after taking these.

Effectiveness (6.5/10)

While I did feel some pumps from this, I was pretty underwhelmed for the most part. I consider a pump product to be a luxury and a non-essential, so if I'm going to use one I really want to feel it. On certain days, namely days I worked biceps or chest I could feel a little more pump than normal. When I was working legs or back, I didn't really feel anything above what a natural pump would feel. The true sign of a good pump product in my eyes is when you can feel it on leg day or back day. Vacularity was slightly above average, definitely not "vein popping" though. So overall rating I'd give for pumps is a D+ since they were inconsistent and not very strong or prevalent.

Value (8/10)

You can grab this on illpumpyouup for $22.95 for 3 servings or 77 cents per serving. Which is not a bad deal for a specialized pump product that isn't a bulk powder like citrulline or agmatine.

Conclusion and Verdict

Overall this product was kind of a letdown in my eyes. While it did deliver some pumps, it was nowhere near what I've experienced with other products, or with just citrulline and agmatine powder alone which is also a better deal financially. So unfortunately this product gets the thumbs down from me.
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Affordable
  • Craved A Little More Pump
  • Pump Didnt Last Long
  • Vascularity Could Be More Apparent

AZÖTH (AZÖTH)
TROOPer Level: 81

Thanks to AZÖTH for sending it out!

So who does not want a pill that can make you smarter and able to concentrate better and stay focused longer? I know I would love that and hell most days I feel I know some around me would say the same thing too. Enter Azoth. Unique to say the least.

This stuff is loaded with everything you would want in a nootropic. Some top notch stuff here I will say. A few that I really like was the

Ashwagandha Root, Hordenine, and Phenylpiracetam. The profile on this is really made to help ease off the stress and give you the ability to chill out which actually for me maybe one of the down sides for me as well.
Here is more info on this stuff if you want to really dive into it, Also several other reviews on this site has broke them down as well.

Strange. 1-3 caps with a light meal. , no bad taste, no burbs or any issues. Weird it says to take a break for 1-2 days between doses though.

Okay, so yea I am a bigger guy, 6'4 and 250ish lbs. So maybe that is one reason I felt it did not perform as well for me but I dont know.
So the first time I took it and after reading the reviews I was like, this is going to be awesome. So I waited and did my work like normal, few hours goes by and I am thinking " Did it ever work? " I never noticed the focus like some mentioned. Yea I was focused but that was just because I had sh@t to get done. No time to waste. So I waited a few days and tried again.. nothing new. I sent a message to the rep and he said to eat something with some fats in it , to help absorb it better. I waited a week till I had a very busy day. Good fatty breakfast and some coffee and tossed 3 pills back and boom, off and running. I never noticed how focused I was till more than 2 people asked if I was Okay because I was not talking like I normally did. Thats when I noticed I had been killing it at work and had gotten ton's of thing's done. This continued for a good while too.
Hell yea it worked this stuff is awesome right?!
Now the next day. Okay so if you have ever watched Limitless you know there are side effects. Same here. I swear on everything I was so confused and so just " not together" this next day it actually concerned me. No more pills this week. Damn.
4th - 7th dose was just like this. It worked but I payed for it the next day. It was almost comically.
On the 7th try I noticed it was not as effective as it had been and this was even more obvious the rest of the supply. It was like I just got used to it or something. I was not taking it everyday, Heck I was waiting almost a week between doses almost.

So yea it worked but it is hard to get it to dial in for me. And it makes me dumb as rocks the day. That is why the lower rating.

Expensive in my opinion. Priceplow still has some coupons available through there site as of today. But the average person might not know about that site. So we go to the price of this through their own site which is 45 bucks for 10 servings !! Damn it. Now it could be less if a lower dose than 3 pills work for you, But even with solid ingredients I find this way to much for me.

Side Effects

Makes me work and less friendly, but dumb as rocks the next day. Ha

Conclusion

Huge thanks for Azoth for being a part of this program and waiting on this review. I did love the product when it was working but I just felt way off the next day and sometimes even 2 days after for me to want to get on this horse again.
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Increased Focus
  • Long Lasting
  • Increased Drive
  • Lower Anxiety Levels
  • Feeling Of Wellbening
  • Tolerance Build Up
  • Inconsistent
  • 10 Servings
  • -Not Widely Available
  • Makes Me Dumb Day After

K-XR (VMI Sports Nutrition)
TROOPer Level: 40

Thanks to VMI Sports Nutrition for sending it out!
Shout out to the peeps at VMI for providing this product to the TROOPs. Most of us that are chasing that pot of gold they call gainzz at the end of the proverbial rainbow use a pre-workout supplement. They are probably the most popular supplements besides proteins used today. That also means that there are a lot of options out there, so let's see how K-XR stacked up in my eyes.

Dosage

1 scoop roughly about 45 minutes prior to workout.

Ingredient Profile (7.5/10)

Dosage

1 scoop roughly about 45 minutes prior to workout.

Ingredient Profile (7.5/10)

If you are looking for a fully disclosed label, unfortunately you will not find one here. So we get to play the fun game of prop blend deductive reasoning! A full scoop is 7.7 grams, broken down into 3 prop blends. The first one is a 3.3 gram "Intense Pump" blend, consisting of beta-alanine, taurine, and theobromine. From this we can conclude that we are likely not getting a clinical dose of beta alanine, which is 3.2 grams. I wouldn't really consider beta alanine a pump inducing product anyway.

Next up is a "Maximum Energy Blend" at 632.5mg. The one thing we do know from the label is that the caffeine sources add up to 400mg, which is a bananas crazy amount!

Lastly, we get a 503mg "Focal and Cognitive Enhancing" Blend consisting of Choline Bitartrate and Huperzia.

Overall a decent lineup for profile, not the most impressive you'll see around but enough goodies in there to provide some good benefits.

Mixture (7/10)

This product mixes up fairly well, however you will get some undissolved powder and some residue action in your shaker cup from this. The directions called for 6 to 8 ounces of water, I used 12 and still had some leftovers in my shaker.

Taste (8.5/10)

I got to sample the Tropical Punch flavor in this product for my full container, described as a mixture of watermelon, strawberry, and coconut flavors. This was actually a pretty good flavor and made for a tasty little drink before the gym. Like others have alluded to the flavoring is strong with this product, but I found it to be enjoyable. I got to sample the gamut of other flavors offered in this product via samples VMI was nice enough to send along, and all the flavors were good in my opinion.

Effectiveness (7.5/10)

I like to break down pre-workouts into what I consider the 5 important points of performance:

Energy- With 400mg of caffeine, it's hard not to feel the energy with this product. If you have a pulse, you'll get amped up taking this. I would actually wait a little longer after taking this to go to the gym so that I would level off a little bit before hitting the weights. Not for the light at heart for sure. Energy gets an A.

Strength-This is a creatine free pre-workout, so you're not going to see much in the area of strength increase. Luckily for me I was taking Armistane during my run of this product, so I was able to get my strength increases elsewhere. If you're taking a separate creatine, test booster, PH, or ect. This would be a good product to use; otherwise you'll have to rely on good old fashioned tenacity alone to increase your strength. Strength gets a D.

Endurance- This product does have beta alanine, but in all likelihood not an effective dose of it. You still feel the tingles a bit, but not enough to make a profound difference. Endurance gets a C.

Pumps- With no real "N.O." or pump-inducing ingredients, the pump factor in this product is lackluster in my eyes. Although I consider pumps to be the least significant point of performance, if you feel the need to be busting out at the seams you might want to look elsewhere or stack with a separate pump product. Pumps get a D.

Focus- This was the other legitimate thing I felt while using this product, that good old tunnel vision and in the zone feeling. I almost wouldn't recognize or pay attention to the hot girls in yoga pants on the treadmills, that's how I knew the focus factor was legit in this product. Focus gets an A.

Overall Grade for effectiveness: C+

Value (8/10)

The cheapest spot you can grab this in on allstarhealth, $29.99 for 30 servings, I think the math on that one is pretty simple. Not a bad price for a pre-workout, the only knock I would make is that if you're looking for a full spectrum pre-workout experience you would have to buy separate products to complete the cycle.

Side Effects

None to speak of, guess I was lucky on this one compared to others.

Conclusion and Verdict

This was a pretty decent pre-workout in my opinion, it does lack in some areas namely strength and pumps. However it makes up for it in other areas like energy and focus. With that all weighed together I ultimately give it the "meh" rating, although I lean more towards the positive side on this product.
  • Increase Focus