Recent Expert Reviews

Our expert review team consists of 25+ hand-selected members who have demonstrated superior supplement and fitness knowledge. Our community looks to our Expert Reviewers as a trustworthy and unbiased source of information. For more information, please visit this page.

BCAA 5000 (NutraBio)

August 6, 2017

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Simple Product
  • Reduces Muscle Soreness
  • Right Ratio Of Aminos
  • No Prop Blends
  • Light Taste
Big thanks and shout out to the peeps at Nutrabio for the hookup on their products to the TROOPs, as well as some other gifts including a shaker and a pen. BCAAs are one of the basic or "staple" supplements that almost every bodybuilding or fitness enthusiast should be using. Yeah, there's nothing flashy or cool about them, but the multitude of benefits they offer certainly are cool. Here's a breakdown of the BCAA product Nutrabio serves up:

Dosage

1 to 2 scoops taken peri-workout.

Ingredient Profile (9/10)

This formula is as basic as your standard white girl with Uggs a...

Dosage

1 to 2 scoops taken peri-workout.

Ingredient Profile (9/10)

This formula is as basic as your standard white girl with Uggs and a Starbucks Latte. However some things are classic and basic because they work and stand the test of time, and BCAAs in the 2:1:1 ratio are an example of that mold in the supplement world. The 2:1:1 (Leucine, Isoleucine, Valine) ratio is what most of the studies and research on BCAAs are based on, and the blueprint on which to follow with any BCAA formula. You get that formula, slightly modified in 2.5 grams Leucine, and 1.25 Isoleucine and Valine with this product. That gives you 5 grams of BCAAs per serving which is also the bar as far as a minimum amount of BCAAs you want to take in per serving. Nutrobio's prowess for full disclosure also ensures that you know exactly what you're putting into your body right down to the amount of flavoring used in each scoop. So while this formula is "boring", and "simple", it's effective and has a longstanding history of research and anecdotal evidence behind it.

Mixture (10/10)

It doesn't get much easier than mixing this product; 1 scoop, 16 to 20 ounces of water, shake a few times, booya. No unmixed powder and light to moderate foaming, if only everything mixed this easily.

Taste (6/10)

I received the Tropical Punch flavor for this product. The best way I could describe it is watered down Kool-Aid. It's not great, and not terrible, but definitely bearable and that's all you really need. I am a little more stern in rating since I have had some really good tasting BCAAs that I drink even when I'm not working out because I love them so much. With this however, you get a flavor that easy and light on the tastebuds and is thoughtless to chug during your workouts.

Effectiveness (9/10)

BCAAs are more of a "behind the scenes" kind of supplement. You won't get that instant gratification of a vein busting pump, or an alpha male feeling as with a test booster. BCAAs are more of a "No news is good news" kind of product, if you're taking them regularly, working out hard, and you don't feel overly sorethen they've done their job. That's exactly what you get with this product, and for those extra long or grueling workouts a double scoop serving is perfect to help heal and recover those devastated muscle fibers. My soreness was always at bay while using this, and that's all you could ask for in a BCAA product.

Value (8/10)

Nutrabio's products typically tend to be on the higher end of price since they are on the higher end of quality. This product however finds itself nicely in the realm of reasonable price and value. You can snag this at illpumpyouup for $26.99 for a 64 serving tub, or roughly 42 cents per serving. While still slightly high in the BCAA product spectrum, the full disclosure of Nutrabio ensures you're getting minimal filler and maximum effective product. So I give it a little bump in value since you are getting a quality product at a fair price.

Conclusion and Verdict

Nutrabio's BCAA product is as simple and effective as it gets. A formula that gives you exactly what you need, an easy to mix and drink product, and effective results. This seemingly simple product packs a powerful punch and proves it's worth and value. I highly recommend, give it a thumbs up and the Shinndigg Seal of Approval!
  • Tropical Fruit Punch: 6/10

Thanks to Iron Addicts for sending it out!
  August 5, 2017

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Endurance
  • Great When Stacked
  • Prolonged Pumps
  • Swole Effect
  • Vascularity
  • Bad Mix
Big thanks to Iron Addicts once again for providing their products to the TROOPs for review. These pump-inducing pre-workout products seem to be all the rage now, the pump is the elusive pot of gold at the end of the rainbow everyone is chasing nowadays when hitting the weights. Here's how CT's product performed for me when it came to bringing the pump:

Dosage

1 scoop pre-workout, typically stacked with Iron Addict's Sidewalk Kraka.

Dosage

1 scoop pre-workout, typically stacked with Iron Addict's Sidewalk Kraka.

Ingredient Profile (8.5/10)

The formula for this product is rather simple when compared to other pump products out there, but sometimes simple can be the most effective route. We start off with 6 grams of citrulline malate, definitely on the higher side of what you will see for this ingredient, and definitely an effective dose. 2.5 grams betaine is up next, yet another effective dose for this particular ingredient. 1 gram hyromax, 1 gram beet root extract and 150mg of Norvaline rounds everything out. This product certainly seems to be geared towards not only pump, but endurance as well with the betaine and norvaline mixed in. The only thing missing that I would have liked to have seen is agmatine, because that is also very effective at those vein busting, blood flowing pumps that we all love. Overall though, this formula is very simple and sound.

Mixture (5/10)

Despite its simple makeup, mixing this product proved to be a little challenging. The directions call for 6 to 8 ounces of water, but I used 10 and still found this to be very gritty and definitely had a lot of unmixed powder at the bottom. I usually had to wait for this to settle once I got to the bottom, then added more water to finish it off. Definitely not mixing friendly.

Taste (5/10)

I received the Watermelon flavor (or Muthaf*kin Watermelon as it's appropriately named). The taste was pretty rough to along with the gritty texture, so overall this was rather un-enjoyable. A lingering aftertaste that was pretty nasty as the cherry on top, so a chaser of water or Gatorade is recommended if you're flavor sensitive.

Effectiveness (9/10)

Alright, so this doesn't mix well and it doesn't taste good. That's two strikes against this product already; however it definitely knocks it out of the park Miguel Cabrera style when it comes to effectiveness and performance. You will definitely feel the blood flowing and the veins popping with this, I experienced some awesome pumps with this, especially when mixed with Sidewalk Kraka. Since this product is non stim you can mix with your favorite conventional pre-workout and go next level on your pumps. Doesn't matter what I was working out: arms, legs, chest, or shoulders, it didn't matter. I was feeling the pump before, during, and after the gym. A pump is always a great feeling that can motivate you to work out a little harder and a little longer, and this definitely provided that spark for me.

Value (7/10)

The going rate on this appears to be $39.99 on many retailers, illpumpyouup, Muscle and Strength, A1, ect. For this you get 30 servings, which comes out to $1.33 per serving. This is a little on the expensive side, especially for a product I would consider a non-essential luxury item. However, if you want to take the splurge and get something to help you feel that almighty pump, you're hard pressed to find a better product that will deliver in my opinion.

Conclusion and Verdict

Sleeve Buster is a very effective product when it comes to delivering on pumps. The pumps are strong, full, and lasting. This product does come with a few negatives in that it does not mix or taste very well. However, if we're talking straight performance, this product shines. So if you can fit it into your budget and you're curious, I say give it a whirl. It's good enough to get the thumbs up and Shinndigg Seal of Approval!
  • Watermelon: 5/10

Thanks to EvoMuse for sending it out!
  August 2, 2017

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Increased Sweating
  • Does Not Burn
  • A Little Pricey
  • Ingredient Amount Not Listed
  • Little Brown Clumps
  • Stains Light Colored Clothing
  • NO Correct Way To Dose Accurate

Okay so I love trying a topical supplement. I just seems so scientific and different than a normal pills or drink. I guess that is the nerd in me. I had read about this product on some other forums just prior to seeing it on here available , and those boards pretty much raved about how well this brand was, not just this product. Now I do know some boards seem to have a few brands they brag about and feel can make no bad product but I hoped this was not the case.

A little strange profile to me especially after reading what they claim thi...

A little strange profile to me especially after reading what they claim this product does and what it focuses on.
First it is one big list of ingredients with zero grams or mg of what you are getting . So basically even with the 30 plus ingredients you may only be getting a hefty dose of Isopropyl alcohol and Yohimbine, and some peppermint oil to feel a burning sensation. Then you add in the Placebo effect and boom you got some decent products. Now I did do some research on some of these ingredients and I am still confused as to how it can actually go into your body and search out bad fat cells and help get rid of those. I wish the reps for this brand would help break this down more with possibly a full write up and explain things a bit more.

Ugg, where to start. It is a mess. That is being nice. It is a strange orange brown to it. I thought I was getting ready to step on stage and was applying the last bit of tan on. Anyway, It has no pump and the doseage is a silver dollar size? Seriously? I mean if they have made a product that can travel into your body and help make you shred up, but they cant give you a decent pump for a proper even dose? Come on man.
Now applying it, no matter how clean I tried to be I would end up with it all over the sink. Not sure why. And it will stain a shirt if you have not let this dried fully.

Did it work? Maybe. I was kinda toying with a Keto diet of sorts. I never could get below 50 carbs but I did stay under 100 carbs for almost the entire time of taking this. So yea I did lean down. Yea my stomach did specifically lean out some. But was it from this magic supplement or was it the lower carbs? I started using this on my upper chest and shoulders and I did notice I was looking a bit more lean there, but I actually wonder if it was just because I was looking more for any change? Hard to say. I did seem to feel warm, but it was always short lived. I did not last very long. I think this may help work a bit if someone used this morning with fasted cardio. Now my weight did not go down much ( a couple lbs ) but I was looking leaner and was keeping my strength, but I have been hitting the gym pretty hard the past few months so I feel that is to be expected. Honestly I am still on the fence if this really did help as much as the diet was? I have since went off this and off the modified diet and I have worked back out to my true self again but I am okay with that. ha.

53 dollars at amazon, 45 dollars at nutraplanet ( but out of stock. ) 54 dollars at ebay, So basically this stuff is kinda all over the place. For the lack of knowledge of the ingredient dosages, and unable to get a correct dosage. I just cant really justify paying this much.

Side Effects

Smells
Messy

Conclusion

I am still unsure on this one. I mean I seen some results but I feel it more toward my diet than anything. The main issues I have is with the Profile. They really need to explain the Mg dosages and make a dang pump for this or something accurate than just saying ( pour a silver dollar ). Evomuse has some products that seem solid and they have some serious fan boys out there for them too.

Thanks to Dymatize Nutrition for sending it out!
  July 26, 2017

• Quality Ingredients
  • Informed Choice Certified
  • Increased Vascularity
  • You Get What You Pay For
  • Powder Clumps Up In Tub
  • Slightly Expensive
  • Itchiness From The Beta Alanine

Dyamatize where have you been? I used to be a big supplement junkie of theirs years ago, but after joining here and learning about other brands I kinda got away from them. So saying all that when I seen they had a new Preworkout available I just had to try . They sent a cool little box with a small shaker cup and t shirt ( it was too small for me, but my wife looks hot in it. ).

Dymatize really puts together a solid Preworkout profile here. With Each scoop being 21 grams, you get some solid ingredients and still get less than 1 grams of carbs and 15 grams of calories.
I will hit the high points of this profile.

Citrulline malate comes in at 8 grams. Which is a solid dose.

Beta- alanine ( CarnoSyn) 3.2 grams which is pretty typical dose.

L-taurine 2grams This is a good dose and I tend to take this as a stand alone supplement anyway. Helps with mental performance and muscle cramps and hydration.

Arginine Silicate (Nitrosigine) 1.5 grams

Caffeine 300mg I like this dose, more than this I tend to have a hard time concentrating on my workouts.

Coconut water 200mg This is pretty common in most top of the line preworkouts and Intra's now. I feel it does help with hydration quite well.

Theacrine 125 mg . I love this stuff. Nice easy calm stimulate. It lasts longer and dose not create a crash like some harder hitting stimulates do.

Some other reviewers on here did an amazing job explaining, I suggest if you want more details to check out Smashley23 , and workoutguru.

I got the handspun cotton candy, and I know some did not like it, but I did. It was not bad at all, Maybe a little hard to get right for the taste but nothing to cry about.

Mixing was not bad either but I will mention it did clump really bad on me , I actually took it out and put in a blender for a second or two and I never really had that issue again. I will say it is very hot here and it was on my porch in a box for about 6 hrs and that may have played a role.. Maybe?

Alright the good stuff now. If I could sum this up simply, I would say Clean energy. I really like how smooth it comes on with this one. Very smooth and lasts through an entire workout and still enough to keep you going for everyday tasks after a hard workout. But again no crash and no big rush. I have learned to stay away from the heavy stimulates, I think me getting older , the heavy hitting Pre workouts just bother me some.
Now Next I will say this stuff deliveries some good pumps and veins was very much more visible while on this too. I had some great short time recovery which is great and fits the way I like to train. Having the added coconut water in this seems to help with being so thirsty during a workout.

I did try this at half dose when I trained a bit later in the evening and it did the job well and did not bother my sleep that night either.

40 dollars for 20 scoops is really high, but I feel in a few months this may come down a touch. But even at the high price of close to 2 dollars a servings but when you look at the dosages and what you are getting it is about what the right price to be honest.

Side Effects

The tingles from the beta alanine and I could go without this ingredient all together to be honest.

Conclusion

Dymatize came out of the wood work and really came out swinging. I like what they have done with this and I cant wait to see what else they come up with. I will say after taking this it has made me want to get back on their proteins which I have always liked. Thanks for being a part of the Site and we hope to see more of this brand here.
  • Cotton Candy: 7/10

RELOAD Recovery Matrix (NutraBio)

July 26, 2017

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Enhanced Recovery
  • Reduced DOMS
  • No Proprietary Blends
  • Great Label Information
  • Little Pricey
  • Strong Taste
Thank you to Nutrabio for providing this and many other products of theirs to the TROOPs. One of the most important aspects of a workout and supplementing routine is what is done after you've hit the gym and worked out. So specialized recovery products are a nice luxury to have, as they combine several key elements of post-workout and recovery. Here's a look at Nutrabio's Reloaded Recovery Matrix:

Dosage

1 scoop taken post-workout.

Dosage

1 scoop taken post-workout.

Ingredient Profile (9/10)

Nutrabio may very well have the most detailed and fully disclosed ingredient labels in the supplement industry. Every detail, down to the flavoring is noted and accounted for on their labels, so huge bonus points in that area.

As for the ingredients in this product itself, this is an outstanding and complete profile. Essentially anything and everything you can think of that would be good for a recovery product you'll find in this, here are some highlights:
*8 grams of BCAAs
*5 grams of Glutamine
*1.5 grams Carnitine
*1.6 grams Beta Alanine
*1.5 grams Betaine
*2 grams of Creatine: 1.5 HCL, 500mg Magnapower
*1.5 grams Taurine and Electrolyte Complex
This is a very solid profile that leaves no stone unturned so to speak. A very well put together product.

Mixture (8/10)

Whenever products have a lot of ingredients in them, many times the mixture of the product suffers. With this product however, the mixture is actually pretty good. I feel that this speaks to the quality of ingredients used by Nutrabio in this product. I mixed with about 12-14 ounces of water in a shaker cup and there was some slight powder residue left over, but overall I was impressed given the complexity of the formula that it mixed as well as it did.

Taste (7/10)

I had the Passion Fruit flavor for this, and the taste overall was pretty decent. It had a slight sweetness to it, and a very bold flavoring. It might be on the heavy side for people sensitive to flavoring, but I personally didn't really have a problem with it. I used a little more water if I wanted to cut the flavoring. There was a slight aftertaste with this as well, but did not linger for long.

Effectiveness (9/10)

With the effective doses and quality ingredients in it, Reloaded Recovery Matrix hits the spot when it comes to a great post-workout product. I was very pleased with the results I got, even after heavy leg and chest days my soreness levels were down and my overall wellness feeling was up. This was ideal for the semi-cut that I was on at the time with the alternative forms of creatine that cut down on the water retention as well as the L-Carnitine and Taurine. This appears to be a product that would be beneficial no matter what stage of fitness you're on whether it is bulk, cut, or recomp.

Value (7/10)

As of writing this, it appears that Nutrabio's own website is the only place you're going to be able to find this at. The price is at $39.99 for 30 servings, or roughly $1.33 per serving. Since I would consider this a luxury product, and considering the profile and quality ingredients you get with this I think the value pans out pretty decently. It may not be something you could afford to get every month, especially if you're broke like me. However if you feel your recovery slacking, this product would be well worth the investment.

Conclusion and Verdict

Nutrabio's Reloaded Recovery Matrix is a very complete and effective post-workout product that delivers on effective doses, quality ingredients, and awesome recovery results. It may not fit into everyone's budget, but is a nice item to have on hand if you're putting your body through demanding workouts. I give this a big thumbs up and the Shinndigg Seal of Approval!
  • Passion Fruit: 7/10

Whey Protein Isolate (NutraBio)
  July 16, 2017

Pros:
 Cons:
  • No Fillers
  • Super Clean Protein
  • Mixes Well
  • Dissolves Effortlessly
  • A Bit Pricey
  • Sucralose
A big thanks going out to the fine folks out at Nutrabio for the hookup on their products to the TROOPs. Special thanks also for the hookup on a shaker cup and informational reading on the products they sent out, very legit.

I had the opportunity to sample several of Nutrabio's products, this review is going to go in on their 100% Whey Protein Isolate:

Dosage

One scoop taken either first thing in the morning, or post-workout. As noted in a prior review of GTN's Whey Protein, I was in an alternating pattern with that product as well at this one. For example if I took the Nutrabio whey in the morning, I would take GTN's whey post-workout and then alternate the pattern the following day.

Ingredient Profile (9.5/10)

A big bonus to Nutrabio for what is probably the most comprehensive and detailed labels in the supplement business. At 25 grams of protein per 30.53 gram scoop (for the Cookies and Cream flavor), this product comes in at nearly 82% protein per scoop, a very good ratio. The protein source is cold processed and filtered whey protein isolate, which is the best kind of whey protein one can get in my opinion. This process ensures the integrity and quality of the protein, and does not denature the product during processing. Zero grams of fat and only two carbs per serving makes this is an ideal protein for the macro-conscious consumer. This product does utilize sucralose for those concerned with the sweetner and flavoring methods used. Overall, a very high quality product that is fully transparent in its content disclosure, big ups to Nutrabio for that.

Mixture (9/10)

It really doesn't get much easier than mixing this product. I typically used a shaker cup with 8-10 ounces of water and it worked like a charm every time. However, even mixing this product with a spoon still results in a nice smooth mixture with no chunks or lumps and no undissolved powder left behind. High marks as well in this area.

Taste (7/10)

I sampled the Cookies and Cream flavor for this product, which is my favorite flavor of protein to go with. The taste while not terrible does leave a little to be desired. The flavor is light, but also a little bland in my opinion. I always mixed this with water, but perhaps mixing with milk can enhance the flavor a little bit. I don't take too much stock in the taste of a product as long as I can tolerate it. While I've certainly had better tasting proteins, this particular product is still adequate in that area.

Effectiveness (9/10)

As far as protein products go, in my opinion the quality of the protein utilized is what makes the effectiveness. With this product you're getting the best and purest kind of protein you can get, which makes supplementing your nutrition and recovery processes a breeze. The fast absorbing whey protein isolate hits you quick and you're feeding your muscles a good, quality, and complete protein. While I've started to stray a bit from using straight isolates post-workout, this is still a decent option for that application and an ideal product for a morning protein or even a pre-workout protein with its quick absorption.

Value (7/10)

The going rate for this across the board seems to be $39.99 for a 2 pound tub with 29 servings ($1.38 per serving) or $79.99 for a 5 pound tub with 74 servings ($1.08 per serving). The 5 pound tub puts this product in acceptable price per serving range for me, but when taken into account the quality of the product you are getting it increases the products value. As the old saying goes, "You get what you pay for", and this product is a perfect example of that. While you can certainly get a better deal on whey protein and even a whey isolate, quality comes with a little higher price tag but I feel that it's worth it.

Conclusion and Verdict

Nutrabio's 100% Whey Protein Isolate is a very high quality whey protein product that utilizes superior protein and production methods. It mixes super easily and absorbs quickly. The only slight drawbacks are a taste that's a little on the bland side and a higher than average price per serving. Overall though I loved this product and look forward to using it again, and I definitely recommend it if you have the cheese to spend on it. Nutrabio shows with this product they are worth their saltor in this case protein. This gets the thumbs up and Shinndigg Seal of Approval!
  • Cookies & Cream: 7/10

Thanks to Alpha Lion for sending it out!
  July 10, 2017

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Smooth Energy
  • Drop Water Weight
    Alpha Lion has waited long enough for this review and I will do my best to provide them with a solid worth while review.
    This is packed with some great energy and fat burner ingredients and provides a great easy going energy that lasted for a good while.

Profile. 8.6
    Solid profile that comes fully disclosed in 3 different matrix blends.
    All day energy matrix.
    Caffieine anhydrous 300mg
    Pyridoxine HCI 1.4mg
    Methylcobalamin 23mcg

I will not spell out everything in the rest of the profile but I will add a pic of the label.
    But I will explain the high points.
    Green tea extract , Green Coffe...

Profile. 8.6
    Solid profile that comes fully disclosed in 3 different matrix blends.
    All day energy matrix.
    Caffieine anhydrous 300mg
    Pyridoxine HCI 1.4mg
    Methylcobalamin 23mcg

But I will explain the high points.
    Green tea extract , Green Coffee bean extract ( which I am actually a big fan of ), Yohimbine HCI, Cayenne pepper, Advantra Z and even adding some Bioperine for absorption,
    They add one more matrix blend that makes up with Dandelion root and Matcha green tea and even MCT OIL.
    I will say that this gave me some of the better and smoother energy boosts I have had from a fat burner in a while.

Dosage
    3 pills ( as suggested ) and take additional for best results after lunch ( not to exceed 2 servings a day ( 6 pills ) )
    I never had any burbs or bad heartburn from these .

Energy 8
    Absolutely it was great for energy, actually I felt happy while taking these as well. I could take 3 pills before or after breakfast and it would last me way past lunch time for almost the whole bottle, but all good things never last forever and this proved to be the same for this.

Hunger suppression 6
    It helped for a while with my mid-morning cravings but I seemed to always be hungry then, but I was able to think about it a bit less while taking this.

Fat burning and leaning effect 7
    I do not think I melted away fat or like the advertising say's " F*uc* you fat " . But I did seem to look leaner and had veins showing more and some striations showing on my chest and shoulders while on this. I think most of that maybe from the added Diuretics. Now I did have some good success from taking green coffee extract so that actually dose seem to work for me as well.

Side effects
    I did seem to get nausea a couple times but I was never able to figure out what triggered it. I tried playing with the dose, Empty stomach, later in the day or a number of things. But I was never able to get a replay of the random nausea.

Value 8.5
    It is actually not a bad buy. Even with me only able to find it directly from Alpha Lion .
    For 35 bucks and a full 90 day supply I find this a very solid buy. With a decent profile and the leaning effects I was able to obtain I think this is a win.

Overall.
    I have no idea how new Alpha Lion is to supplements because I have not heard of them before this was up on the site. That said I think they have done some decent research and put together a decent product. I really like the added MCT oil and the Dandelion extract as I feel this helps shed the unwanted water weight bloat . This also has some great energy that did last a good while and I feel most should be able to get that feeling as well.

Thank you for being patient on the review.

GTN Whey (GTN® Fuel Your Performance.)

Overall
    Thanks to GTN® Fuel Your Performance. for sending it out!
      July 9, 2017

Pros:
     Cons:
    • No Stomach Issues
    • Tastes Great
    • AverageBelow Average Value
    Big thanks to the peeps at GTN Nutrition for the hookup on their product, and their awesome care package that included some additional samples and a shaker! Whey protein is no doubt one of the most prevalent and popular supplements out there. Many, if not most lifting enthusiasts utilize it some way, shape or form. Here's how GTN's whey protein stacked up for me:

Dosage

One scoop taken either first thing in the morning or post-workout. A note as to the overlap with Nutrabio's Whey Isolate: I used both products simultaneously, alternating each one between taking in the morning and post-workout. For instance if I took GTN in the morning and Nutrabio post-workout one day, then the next day I would take Nutrabio in the morning and GTN post-workout and so on.

Ingredient Profile (8.5/10)

GTN's Whey Protein is a whey blend consisting of whey concentrate, whey isolate, and whey hydrolsate. Despite being mostly a concentrate, it's still at a 78% protein per scoop ratio so the quality is on the good side. 25 grams of protein per scoop, 3 carbs and 2 grams of fat totaling 130 calories per scoop. No added bells and whistles with added aminos or anything, so the concern for protein spiking is minimal. This is artificially flavored and utilizes sucralose for those who look at those aspects of a product.

Mixture (9/10)

Like with most whey proteins, this mixes rather easily and quickly. Just a few shakes in a shaker cup with about 8 to 10 ounces of water did the trick for me, no lumps or clumps and no undissolved powder.

Taste (9/10)

I sampled the Cinnamon Bun flavor for this protein, and man was it tasty. Cinnamon flavors are slowly becoming one of my favorite flavors in protein, and this was no exception. This product has a nice light and sweet taste with no lingering after effects. Very well done on flavor and taste with this,

Effectiveness (8/10)

Like you'll see with almost all of my reviews on protein, I subscribe to the theory that a protein powder is a foundation on which to build your nutrition and recovery on and not necessarily something you should rely too heavily on. This is a good quality protein that will sufficiently fill your needs for nutritional supplementation and recovery if taken post-workout. I personally prefer a blend including whey, casein, and egg proteins for a shake in the morning, but this is still a viable option for that use as well.

Value (7/10)

The least expensive place to cop this appears to be GTN's own website at $29.99 for a 28 serving tub, or roughly $1.07 per scoop. Not the best deal when it comes to a simple whey protein blend, but you can certainly do a lot worse. This product does not seem to be widely available yet, so hopefully if it catches on some deals could be in store for this.

Conclusion and Verdict

GTN's Whey Protein is a simple, yet effective whey protein blend. It mixes well, tastes awesome, and has a decent protein ratio and quality. It's a little on the pricier side when compared for average cost per serving, as there are many great deals out there for essentially the same, if not comparable products on the market to be had. However this does provide enough positives that I give it a thumbs up and Shinndigg Seal of Approval!
    • Cinnamon Bun: 9/10

Thanks to RSP for sending it out!
      July 8, 2017

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Improves Recovery
    • Hydration

Supp Facts Intro

Major props to RSP for the 2 tubs they sent! This product has everything you really could ask for in the BCAA category: electrolytes, 6g 2:1:1 BCAA, coconut powder for added hydration, citrulline malate which aids in recovery due to vasodilation, and Bioperine for adsorption. I am happy with the dosages, along with the ingredients in general. I would like to see this without the dyes, but really I don't think I could ask for more.

Taste Mix Dose

Supp Facts Intro

Taste Mix Dose

The flavor I received was Fruit Punch, but I have had many RSP products of various flavors and also in their Regen BCAA's. All flavors are good, and tastes great with some being a bit sweeter than others. Mixability was really good with no foam sediment or floaters. Dosing was 1 serving each time, with multiple servings per day at times based on activity.

Effectiveness 8.4/10

I always try to focus on what I am running in supplements, for various reasons. One main reason is aminos are more versatile, especially if you are maintaining or cutting in your diet and routine. I wanted to stress this, because it is often that people will think they work differently or both are needed always (can be beneficial). The whole purpose to take this product is to help accelerate your recovery, and allowing you to build more muscle overtime. I try to keep my diet consistent with my carb and protein intake in addition to staying well hydrated. I was in a cutting diet and high rep/endurance program at both times of using this product. I felt my muscle soreness was much less when I kept my dosing consistent and had maintained my diet, also DOMS (delayed onset muscle soreness) was less occurring. While it was minor, I did experience some pumps when taking this intra workout depending on how many carbs I had that morning. Strictly as a BCAA product I feel it easily earned a 8/10, but with the other additions the merit was a bit higher giving it a better score.

Value 8/10

There are multiple serving sizes with various deals all the time, but currently I was able to find it on Amazon for $10 costing $0.34 per serving. I feel this is an excellent value, and the other sizes do come out fairly close in price per serving.

Overall 8.2/10

A simple yet effective staple to add to your stack, or at least utilize on those heavier days with more compound movements. I would say to keep this going for as long as you can afford it, but it isn't always necessary to run especially if you are already using protein powder post workout.
      • Fruit Punch: 8/10

BIG NOISE (Redcon1)
      Thanks to Redcon1 for sending it out!
        June 25, 2017

Pros:
       Cons:
      • Incresed PUMPS
      • Incresed Focus
      • Increased Hydration
      • Versitile
      • Mixes Poorly
      • Gritty
      Big thanks once again to the peeps at Redcon1 for the hook up on their product line to the TROOPs. One of the newer trends on the supplement scene nowadays are non-stim, pump focused pre-workouts. A two edged sword these products can be stacked with a more traditional pre-workout product, or taken as a standalone. Here was my experience with Redcon1's Big Noise:

Dosage

1 scoop taken taken 30-45 minutes before workout. Primarily stacked with Redcon1's "Total War" pre-workout, but also used as a standalone on a few days as a basis of comparison.

----Ingredient Profile (8.5/10)---...

Ingredient Profile (8.5/10)

The profile on Big Noise kicks off with 3 grams of Glycerol Monostearate for hydration support, I've personally had some good experiences with Glycerol in other products and I feel it does a great job of hydrating your body and saturating your muscles. 3 grams is also a pretty healthy dose for Glycerol. Next up in the profile is 2.5 grams of Betaine, a great ingredient that provides an array of benefits that range from increasing the body's natural creatine production to liver and joint support.

This product also features 1 gram of Agmatine for pump and blood flow support, and astragalus and huperzine for focus and nootropic effect. This product covers several key factors in pre-workout supplementation that one can benefit from taking on its own, or amplify whatever traditional pre-workout product they are using.

Mixture (5/10)

The mixture for this product was rather rough in my experience. As per my usual, I mixed this product with a little more water than what the directions call for. The directions recommend 8-10 ounces of water, and I used about 12-14. Even with the extra water this product had a gritty texture and there was a decent amount of undissolved powder awaiting me at the bottom of my cup each time I drank this. This product also tended to foam up a lot as well.

I typically added a little more water when I got the bottom of my initial fill up of using this product and swirled it around to drink up the fair amount of powder that was left over. So this definitely wasn't the smoothest ride as far as mixability was concerned, and the only thing I really would have to say is a negative about this product.

Taste (7/10)

I had the Watermelon flavor in this product. I'm typically not one to make a fuss about flavors of supplements (unless we're talking GrapeI'm still traumatized from terrible Grape flavored cough syrups as a kid). This product had a very light and hardly noticeable flavor to me, and was a little on the sweet side actually much like Total War was for me. To be fair, I did water it down considerably by using almost twice the amount the directions called for. I did not experience any bad aftertastes or otherwise lingering unpleasantness after drinking this. The only thing that was unenjoyable as mentioned before was the gritty texture of this product, but that played no role in the taste.

Effectiveness (8.5/10)

As I mentioned in my review of Total War, the stack of that product and this one Big Noise was the best pre-workout experience I have ever had. Everything you expect from pre-workout supplementation is there, most notably the pumps! If you're looking for an amazing 1-2 punch from a pre-workout, I definitely recommend these two products together!

With that being said, this product still performs pretty well on its own merits. I used this on its own for 5 days as a means of getting an overall perspective of this product. The pumps are still very decent thanks to the Agmatine, and the focus is definitely there as well with the two nootropic like ingredients. Obviously being a stim free product it's not going to give you a kick in the rear to hit the gym, but it will keep you fueled and hydrated thanks to the Betaine and Glycerol. This would be a good product to implement if you are on a break from stims, but still want a little boost for your workouts.

Value (7.5/10)

The best price I could find on this was on elitenutrition.com for $33.99 for a 30 serving tub. That comes out to $1.13 per serving, which is about fair to moderate as far as pre-workout values go. I feel it's absolutely worth the price if you are planning to stack it with Redcon's Total War, so I give it a little bump in value for that. On its own it still holds a decent value as a non stim option for a pre-workout.

---Conclusion and Verdict----
      Big Noise is a solid non stim option as a pre-workout, and a rock star when stacked with it's counterpart from Redcon Total War. It would make a great addition to most pre-workout products as it offers it's own unique benefits alone. This is a solid product that gets the thumbs up and the Shinndigg Seal of Approval!
      • Watermelon: 7/10