Pro Action Reviews

By: Recor

Overall
Overall
Thanks to Recor for sending it out!
  October 12, 2015

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Tastes Great
  • Peptides
  • Fully Disclosed Amino Profile
  • Solid Profile
  • Lean Ingredient Panel
  • Did Not Mix Well In Milk
  • Artificial Sweeteners
  • Slight After Taste With More Water

Thank you Reaction Nutrition and SR.com for giving me a chance to try this 2 pound container of Pro Action Whey Protein. 37 year old dude - got back into the gym about 6-8 months ago. I am always looking for ways to help recover from workouts as the regimen I am currently running (and was running during the time I used PRO ACTION) takes the muscle to failure.

When I saw this come up on the TROOP board I was hoping that I would get a shot to try this because I am always looking for different proteins due to the fact that proteins are a staple and I feel that you just cannot have too many alternatives. At the time, Reaction Nutrition had several products on the TROOP board, so I was able to run this with their PRE ACTION and AMINO ACTION products. During the time I used this product I was also supplementing with creatine, and AI, a natural Test Booster, and another Glutamine blended product - for part or all of the time I used PRO ACTION.

This is a blended whey protein supplement. So you would expect it to have blends of Whey Protein in it - and it does. It lists micro-filtered Whey Protein Isolate and Whey Protein Concentrate as the first two items in this product. Some of the other ingredients listed are some fillers/flavors - see the label below.

This product delivers 22 grams of protein from each 28.35 gram scoop. It has a small amount of fat (1 gram) and carbs (3 grams) - so it will fit those that are cutting and need a good tasting protein.

RN does a nice job of breaking down the amino profile as well. you get 4.8g of Leucine/Valine/Isoleucine in the classic 2:1:1 form. I appreciate the fact that they do break down the amino profile so that you know what you are getting.

This product does contain Ace K and Sucralose. Both of these artificial sweeteners can have negative sides with long term use, as I am sure most all of you are aware of. Here is a good rundown on artificial sweeteners and a general overview of the negative sides. https://labdoor.com/article/aspartame-vs-sucralose-vs-saccharin-safety-and-side-effects

This stuff tastes pretty darn good. I ordered up the Chocolate Covered Strawberry and I must say, when dosed properly, it tastes pretty terrific. What I mean by dosed properly is, when one scoop is used in 8-10 ounces of water - it is spot on. I normally mix up my post in 20 ounces and noticed a slight chemical after taste when dosed like this.

As for mixing - it gets high marks when mixed with water. No clumping, no issues. When I mixed it with skim milk it was not so good. The protein was grainy and you could tell there was some residual powder in it. I tried it with 10 oz and 20 oz to the same result. I also mixed this in plain greek yogurt and it was delicious. They really nailed the chocolate covered strawberry flavor with this one...

Dosing was simple - as I needed protein I would call on this product. However, I used this more POST workout than anything.

It was protein. It helped me meet my daily protein intake goals and I am sure it helped me recover. This was the only protein powder I was taking religiously throughout the day when I ran this so it was responsible for any protein drink related benefits.

I did notice that it wasn't all that filling. Within an hour or so after taking this I was still pretty hungry. Still I feel like this product helped me build muscle and recover after my workouts.

You can grab this on Amazon for $32.95 for 2 pounds (32 servings) or $57.95 for 5 pounds (80 servings) - both options are free shipping. That is a $0.73-1.00 range - which is in the same arena of the other big dogs in the blended protein market.

Side Effects

Conclusion

This was a great tasting protein with a fully disclosed label at a competitive cost. This product will help you hit your macros and recover from those hard grinding workouts. If you use it as a post you will be looking forward to that end of work out treat! There is no doubt you should give this a shot if you good tasting, fully disclosed protein is important to you.
  • Chocolate covered strawberry: 9/10