Pro Action Reviews

By: Recor

Overall
Overall
Thanks to Recor for sending it out!
  September 28, 2015

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Tastes Great

Hello and welcome to the review. I am a 43 year old who continues to work out using weights, cardio, and anything else I can think off. I am currently working on loosing weight as that scale has crept up on me. I received a tub of Reaction Nutrition's Milk Chocolate through our trooper program, so I would like to thank the company and SR Reviews for having the program. I used this product in a multitude of ways, first thing in the morning, post workout, afternoon shake, as well as just a tasty treat. Now that we have that out of the way here comes the rest of the review. Also my dosing is in the below log if you choose to look.

So the ingredients are pretty easy. Most important the first two ingredients are protein. That is clean. Something I always check is how much extra stuff is in here, so this is what I look at.
    Protein 22 g
    carbs 4 grams
    fat 3 grams
    tot 29 grams

Problem? serving size is listed at 28.35 grams, not a big deal but normally when I add them up it leaves a few grams for flavoring, anti caking, etc.

I mixed this product in anywhere from 8 to 14?ounces. I found that over 11 ounces the flavor had an odd chemical aftertaste. But I really enjoyed drinking this. In fact I had my daughter try a sip and she also approved of the flavor, (I am not the best judge of flavor so I figured I'd get a second opinion). Is this the best tasting protein I've had, no but if the label is accurate it is a much cleaner protein.

I mixed this in a shaker bottle with the little ball in it and had no problems whatsoever. At the lower water amounts it was obviously thicker so it clung to the sides a little bit more, but it still mixed in rather well.

Dosing is rather simple 1 scoop for a serving. Now I do not have a scale nor am I that concerned about it. If it is close it won't ruin my life. It is after all just added protein.

As I stated in my introduction I used this as I do all proteins, whenever and whatever I feel like it in order to help me hit enough protein, and stop me from eating bad food. That being said this product worked as well as my current staple MTS Machine whey. I did find that this didn't stop me from being hungry in a little while unless I added some fiber, but that was expected as there is no fiber in this product.

So looking at value if you go to their website it is listed at $39.95 or $1.25 per serving without shipping. At tiger fitness it is listed at $29.99 or $ 0.94 per serving without shipping. I personally think that this is a very reasonable price, my current go to protein is $.91 per serving so I say good to go. They also offer a bigger jug which at tiger fitness drops the cost to $0.80.

Side Effects

I had no negative sides associated with protein powders. As for positives I did continue to enjoy less muscle soreness. However I am also supplementing with Reaction Nutritions BCAA's so it is a combination of both products in my opinion.

Conclusion

My final say on this product is to give it a try. If you are looking at trying something new, but also something that tastes great than jump on board and give it a try. The flavors available are, Chocolate covered strawberry, Milk Chocolate, Orange Creamsicle, Strawberry, and Vanilla Bean. So enough flavors to satisfy most people. Reaction Nutrition is a product I hadn't tried before but will be buying in the future. Of course I will look for sales and some free shipping, but that's just me.